The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #241
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I suspect her due to her voting record and her knowingly targeting an innocent villager.
Knowingly targeting an innocent villager? Knowingly? Which innocent would this be Garin, how would she know unless she were a wolf, which as you say yourself she cannot be certain of. And anyway, she isn't the only one. Many others, including you yourself, did so. It was widely believed yesterday that Shelob was guilty, because of the way she was acting. Get yourself out of this snit Garin, or it looks like you'll find yourself going the same way.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:57 PM   #242
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
That innocent villager happens to be me not Shelob.
Edit: Thus is the reason I am voting for her.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:05 PM   #243
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Then Garin, it is unknowingly.

++GARIN

I have to go, and nothing you have said has eased my suspicion of you. I just hope you don't turn out to be another Shelob.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:09 PM   #244
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
No one has given me a good enough reason for Wayne and Gandalf.
Wayne was with me all night practicing while I was dreaming of Gandalf... but lets just keep that between you, me, and the fly on the wall. Thank goodness Mejis doesn't have a town gossip!

Actually their behavior is funny. By voting for each other they are partial and not attractive to our focus... after all... they aren't voting for -us-, and thats when everyone really gets nervous, isn't it? It could easily be a distractionary tactic unlike one I have see before or perhaps many of us... but we noticed it.

If we're ever able to catch either online a good questioning is in order, I'd say.

Other than that... who are we to defend them? We don't know who they truely are... and why do we have to tell you, Garin? Do you know something about one of them and are jealously seething over his seeming invisiblity... Or are you quizzing us? More likely just trying to divert our attention.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:11 PM   #245
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
I just hope you don't turn out to be another Shelob.
I will be. Sorry fellow ordinaries.
By 'knowingly' it would mean to say that I believe Abercrombie to be a wolf. Hence, my vote for her.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:22 PM   #246
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
By 'knowingly' it would mean to say that I believe Abercrombie to be a wolf. Hence, my vote for her.
I may be half starved and have no backbone, but I'm not dumb. Tar was our seer, and that means none of us can know who the others are for sure UNLESS they are also wolf.

I could suspect Abers if I knew how long (or how short) your experiances are with this game, but since I am without this knowledge I can only vex myself and practice a series of one handed cartwheels on a balance beam until my brain starts to bleed.

Other than that I really don't know who to vote for tomorrow. When it comes (assuming that I wake) I'll have to reread the entire thread. ... Up-side-down... with a china cup on my head. Anyway, since votes are already being cast I'll just go ahead and do it since the accussed seems too tired to think up something forthcoming.

++ Garin
Old 01-25-2006, 06:28 PM   #247
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'd like to remind everyone that we have the full 24 hours, so until 1:30 EST tomorrow afternoon, the floor is open. I encourage people to take the full time and not make hasty votes. Even though I believe Garin to be a wolf, I also want to allow him the full time to defend himself. He maybe in better form if he gets some sleep, and I think it only fair to allow him the opportunity.

I will hold my vote as long as possible. I may end up having to vote a few hours before the end, because of time contraints, but I will not vote till then. I urge everyone to be a bit more patient.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #248
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
the accused seems too tired to think up something forthcoming.
definitely, I understand Shelob's attitude now.
Fare thee well.
Wolves 4 Villagers 0

Old 01-25-2006, 06:33 PM   #249
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
so until 1:30 EST tomorrow afternoon,
I thought it was 10:30 EST tonight.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:36 PM   #250
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

No, because the day started late, the great and powerful MOD GODS granted us a full 24 hours. ((See the other thread))

Old 01-25-2006, 07:44 PM   #251
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ummm, is anyone still out there?

Old 01-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #252
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

hmm? Sorry.

Must have started dreaming about Gandalf again.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:28 PM   #253
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I missed the note that the mod gods extended the deadline. I can say that the village is in the midst of making a big mistake. I know little of Gandalf and Wayne. Abercrombie simply strikes me as wolfish. Anguirel strikes me as suspicious but voted against a wolf. I don't have much to go on, I'm still recovering from starting the Shelob bandwagon after Ang's prodding. I wanted to know why people voted against an innocent and didn't receive a decent answer. I am now in the the same position and am inclined to accept my fate and hope the village can find a wolf through my death.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:45 PM   #254
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Quote:
Kath regarding Aber: Knowingly targeting an innocent villager? Knowingly? Which innocent would this be Garin, how would she know unless she were a wolf
Exactly.
My vote against Aber stands, remember I retracted from you Kath.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #255
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
More Garin arguing, eh? As I've said before, Garin just gets more suspicious by the minute. I still suggest we try not to make the same mistake as we did with Shelob and focus on only one person though. And Garin, please contribute your ideas to our proposals and don't scoff at them. Your contributions will be telling if you're an innocent.

Now, Roa makes an excellent point about a Wayne-Garin connection; something I'd never quite noticed before. I want to go back and re-read Wayne's post, but I assure you, I'll be back.

However, we don't quite have a great window of opportunity though, and not nearly enough chance to lynch someone just because they have been unhelpful, so I think it's best if there is an in-depth study of each player. Maybe it will lead us to something we didn't pick up on before. I know that other villages have tried this before and I'm not quite sure if it'll be successful, but I can't think of anything else that we should do. I'm really stuck, because there are too many cases right now and I can't process them all. Maybe we should write the wolves a note:

Dear Wolves,
If you could do us a teeny favour and let something slip, that'd be awesome. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Your Terrorized Village

Think it'll work?
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:57 PM   #256
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Abercrombie, I know I am innocent but have a tendency to seem wolfish. Those who voted for me tend to be ignorant innocents but a wolf is in the mix. You can save me tonight, due to retractable votes, but I would be suprised to survive the night. I think I see a wolf and my death will tell very much.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:56 PM   #257
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Roa makes an excellent point about a Wayne-Garin connection
I don't have time this evening or tomorrow morning to read any new posts before the vote.

But I also think there may be a wolfish connection between these two.I will try to go into detail a bit more tomorrow about their posts but now I'm pressed for time.

++Wayne

I've just thought his posts are odd, The Garin situation is a little annoying, I hate the bickering.But I guess the paranoia is starting to set in. I will stick with my vote now,not neccisarily to lynch him tonight, but maybe to look sternly at tomorrow. Garin's doing a fine job of getting himself lynched, without my vote against him.

Hope we catch a wolf today!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:18 AM   #258
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Garin seems absolutely determined to see me dead, struggling with every post-though it evidently requires a struggle-to pin me down as a wolf; but if anything this seems to me a sign of consistency.

If only tar-ancalime had lived to tell us the tale! I'm beginning to think there might be more use in lynching Wayne after all...

But no. This time, uniquely, I must dig in deep and stick to my position; in fact, take a leaf from Garin's own book. Uncomfortable though his pleas have made me, that is one approach for a wolf about to reach the gallows; and on balance, I believe that is what Garin is likely to be.

Apart from him, I suspect both the silent ones, Wayne and Gandalf. Even if Gandalf is innocent, he's in danger of harming the village by being killed for non-participation. Kath, if Garin is indeed guilty, seems pretty solidly innocent or a complete genius.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:23 AM   #259
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

sorry for the small amount of posts but as i've said before i can't easily get to a computer, that is the only reason for my absence i have no plans.(due to my inexperience at werewolf games)
valesse your starting to scare me
i don't want to band wagon but i'm tempted to vote Garin aswell as he does seem suspicious i won't vote yet so i can see if he can mount a good enough defence

Last edited by Gandalf_the _white; 01-26-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:15 AM   #260
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
Im very sorry that I didnt post alot toady. In this game I have a vote evry day wow thats new. The wolfs are also very smart to have gotten rid of all are gifteds thats why I will start looking at people with alot of post like garin and angurul but I also will vote for someone I now suspect on the top of my list.
++Garin
Gandalf you are now 2nd on my list. I still think you are a wolf because when you get a vote you vote for the person that voted for you which is what I did when I was a wolf. Im keeping my eyes on you.

Last edited by WaynetheGoblin; 01-28-2006 at 07:58 AM.
WaynetheGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:19 AM   #261
Gandalf_the _white
Wight

Location: In crazy captions waving an angry fist at the outside world
Gandalf_the _white has just left Hobbiton.
Wayne i wouldn't have a clue about your tactics as i didn't even look through any werewolf games before signing up for this one and this is my first game i have no idea about tactics or anything
also i don't see why you find me suspicious, i just have problems getting to a computer all the time and that is the truth
and (sorry to drag on) i've only voted once and did that because I think you suspicious for the same reasons you find me suspicious

Last edited by Gandalf_the _white; 01-26-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Gandalf_the _white is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:40 AM   #262
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am not convinced by Garin's arguments - especially his attacks on Anguirel. I really think the Thinlomion vote on a first day would be unecessarily risky for a woluf...adn I still get the impression that our Seer cleared him....

However that seems increasingly academic...... Tar bracketed Wayne and Garin.

If I have no inspiration during the afternoon (unlikely on current form).. do we go for a double lynch?

I not sure I have the skill to work out probablitiles.. but perhaps one of you does... normally I would not be infavour of lynching more than necessary but now we have lost our gifteds the BEST case scenario is that we lose an innocent a night ... worst is noone dies and the wolves get a new member.. I just want to put up the idea that it may be worth trying to wind this up quickly to minimize the lycanthropes recruitment opportunities....

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 07:22 AM   #263
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

An interesting point, Mith. Particularly as the few dead villagers so far mean the Cursed Villager is extremely likely to be at large still.

But we should only head for a double lynch if a majority are confident about Garin's wolvishness. The loss of two innocents would be bad for the all-important village morale, already a new low, and would still nowhere near guarantee the elimination of the Cursed Villager.

As I'm pretty certain Garin's a wolf, though, I support this plan for now.

And while I don't suspect Wayne on any reasonable grounds other than the usual irritation he provokes, it would be a major victory from the brink of defeat if we hung both the varlet wolves today.

To be honest I'd rather hang Garin and Gandalf if it came to a double-lynch as the latter's presence seems to be entirely, but entirely, pointless...
Old 01-26-2006, 07:35 AM   #264
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Voting thus far:

Garin-- Kath
Ang-- Garin
Crombie-- Garin
Garin-- Retracts vote for Kath, votes for Crombie
Kath-- Garin
Valesse-- Garin
Valier-- Wayne
Wayne-- Garin

A double Lynch loooks unlikely at this point. Garin has 5 votes, and the only other two who have recieved votes are only 1 a piece.

Old 01-26-2006, 07:41 AM   #265
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Yes, but we can retract votes if need be-though since I think Wayne's probably guiltless, I'd rather stick to Garin myself.
Old 01-26-2006, 07:50 AM   #266
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I just noticed somtething after posting my list. Day 1, the first vote was Ang's shot in the dark, followed by Garin's vote for Ang. Day 2, the first vote was Gandalf's mandatory Wayne vote, which again followed quickly by Garin's vote for Ang, which was later changed to Shelob. Today, Garin started voting with a vote for Kath, which he then retracted and switched to Abercrombie.

Why so hasty, my friend? Just because we have retractable votes doesn't mean you should abuse them.

Also, now that the connection to Garin has been established, I see Wayne is turning colors, quickly, and with little expalnation. If he were a wolf, it would make sense to seperate. If he's innocent, well, he should be here more to defend himself.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #267
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf_the _white
valesse your starting to scare me
Don't feel left out, now I'm starting to scare myself!

Not that we need it. Dark times... Dark times...

I don't know much about Wayne besides the pleasentries of working together with him, so I haven't really gotten a feel for him or the other frustratingly forever-fled folks of Mejis. ... And just because I said it that way doesn't determine what I mean by that. I don't much like touching people in general.

If Gandalf and Wayne are the wolves -and not Garin, as it pretty much seems- they are very very clever, but there are still other people here and posting like a wildfire that could very well be wolvish. I'm wary yet to point any fingers since there are large odds that we won't double lynch both wolves.

Also... would the cursed have dropped any hints as to who they are yet? Has anyone felt as if they've spotted one?
Old 01-26-2006, 08:47 AM   #268
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The only hint sounding vaguely like the cursed was in fact Garin, when he siad that the wolves would do well to kill him.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:55 AM   #269
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Indeed, but that's neither here nor there. The cursed villager should not know he is cursed. Unless our esteemed moderator made a slight slip, in which case it would certainly explain much of Garin's inflated sense of his own importance...

EDIT: Here's the exact quotation. Cursed - Has the blood of Wolf in him/her yet doesn't know it.

Garin, if you have been told you're the Cursed Villager, best to own up, I suppose. Not that we'll know whether to believe you, but it'll help confirm if any mistake has been made.

Last edited by Anguirel; 01-26-2006 at 09:06 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:29 AM   #270
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That doesn't sound very optimistic, Roa.

I believe that was (in game) yesterDAY, am I correct? And they attacked Fea instead...

It occured to me that we've been assuming that tar has had... well... a few too many dreams. I've heard of Eomer, Shelob, Feanor (which is the only one we know for sure), and Wayne. Though she basically gave it to us that she did not dream of Garin:
Quote:
But rather than put the spotlight on ME for not voting, I decided it would be better to shine a little light on someone who's not sitting right with me.
Please, everyone. Just because tar voted for someone or said something of them does not equivicate a dream. Mind I do not say this in my own defense as it seems no one but Ang has been verbally suspicious of me if my memory serves me right but rightly so.

We don't have much time left, and after all of toDAY I don't believe Garin will make much of a move to exonorate himself. At least what he has done so far just seems to have gotten him in deeper and deeper trouble and distrust. So let us spend it wisely, hmm? Perhaps instead of posting we go back and read?

Thank you, Ang. I should have looked it up myself, but these hours aren't good for a late night show girl.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:32 AM   #271
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

Quote:
Garin, if you have been told you're the Cursed Villager, best to own up, I suppose.
No, our mod did not inform me that I was cursed, as the rules state. As for my importance, I can only say that the village will be down 2 gifteds and 2 ordos by the end of the day. The wolves are desperate being one down but stand a better chance if the village doesn't listen to reason and continues to act foolishly.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:41 AM   #272
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

You've given very little reason in your defense, Garin. Angrily lashing out, while understandable, won't help your case. At least Shelob made meaningful posts before she died. You've contributed nothing but vague suspicion.

However, I will not be party to a bandwagon again.

++WAYNETHEGOBLIN

This will be my last post of the day, unless voting continues till 10:30 EST. ((The other thread has me confused.))

Old 01-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #273
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

I switched my vote from Kath because although she seems to have it out for me, she seemed convinced of Shelob's innocence near the end and almost upset that we were lynching her. I have given Kath the benefit of the doubt for now, however if/when I am lynched I propose you examine her in depth.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:47 AM   #274
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
At least Shelob made meaningful posts before she died.
And they were so successful.

Old 01-26-2006, 09:48 AM   #275
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It is reason that has made us suspect you, Garin... who defends himself by asking "Well what about..."! Your stratagy is one discernable and fractured. What fills those rifts? Insults?

People do not like to be called fools or many of the other names you have released upon us in backlash. Its hurtful, much less rude. All of the villagers voting for you have a reason, be it their own or through arguement, and I know that has to be hard on your bravado to not be able to waylay this end... but do not pull us down in our esteem with you. The rest of the villagers have been careful to mind other's feelings even under the assumption of wolvery... and even then so if the case be made of name calling. If I had not a reason to vote for you already, it would be purely to rid of your unkindness to other's feelings.

I hope your next game and many to come benefit from what I and others have said. Consider yourself admonished.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #276
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valesse
That doesn't sound very optimistic, Roa.

I believe that was (in game) yesterDAY, am I correct? And they attacked Fea instead...

It occured to me that we've been assuming that tar has had... well... a few too many dreams. I've heard of Eomer, Shelob, Feanor (which is the only one we know for sure), and Wayne. Though she basically gave it to us that she did not dream of Garin:
Please, everyone. Just because tar voted for someone or said something of them does not equivicate a dream. Mind I do not say this in my own defense as it seems no one but Ang has been verbally suspicious of me if my memory serves me right but rightly so.

We don't have much time left, and after all of toDAY I don't believe Garin will make much of a move to exonorate himself. At least what he has done so far just seems to have gotten him in deeper and deeper trouble and distrust. So let us spend it wisely, hmm? Perhaps instead of posting we go back and read?

Thank you, Ang. I should have looked it up myself, but these hours aren't good for a late night show girl.
I don't see why you think we know for sure she dreamt of Fea, or why you think her comment rules out Garin.

I stick to the thesis that she dreamt-

Eomer, (Night 1) Shelob, (Night 2) Garin, (interrupted Night 3)

And I never suspected you particularly, Valesse. Of the Eonwe voters I ended up suspecting and momentarily voting for Kath...
Old 01-26-2006, 09:56 AM   #277
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I don't know if I should feel a glow to that, Ang, as it seems those without village suspicion seem to be more often dismembered.

I was under the assumption that was who she was dreaming of the night of her death. I don't claim to know exactly how some of the gifted gifts work.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:57 AM   #278
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Valesse, thanks for the advice. But i stand by my outbursts. Shelob was idiotic in her suicide, and the village is foolish for being swayed by the wolf who somewhere stands in a vote against me.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #279
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Are we still going? I thought everything would have finished by now. Anyway, whatever the case I will stick with my vote for Garin. Right now even if he isn't a wolf at least we get rid of someone who seems to be being deliberately unhelpful.

Now, someone suggested a double lynch and right now I would suggest that we don't do that. At the moment we (most of us) seem very certain of Garin's guilt, and are treating him as though he has already been lynched and found guilty. However, this is not yet the case, and until we know for certain one way or the other I don't think we should bring anyone else into it, especially since a lot of the suspicion against Wayne and Gandalf (the candidates for the double) has been gleaned from Garin's posts.

However, whether Garin is guilty or not a double lynch of Wayne and Gandalf might be an idea tomorrow, to ensure all those left are people that we can get information from as the actually post! Also, whoever saw that Wayne and Gandalf seem to vote antagonistically had a good point, and with one newbie and one Wayne that could indeed point to wolvishness.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:19 AM   #280
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Quote:
we get rid of someone who seems to be being deliberately unhelpful.
Please explain, I am trying to help the village.