The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-26-2005, 02:19 AM   #241
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Oh and for what it's worth, I think phantom would have been safe from the wolves while Eomer still lived, and vice versa.

They were so busy throwing suspicion on each other, that they were both highly probable candidates for lynching, which is obviously of benefit to the wolves, who could sit back and watch the fun. Oh how they must have laughed.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:55 AM   #242
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Saurreg has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Saurreg Send a message via MSN to Saurreg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
(Btw Saurreg you forgot Feanor off your list of voters, she voted for Eomer, remember?)
Dutifully edited. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-26-2005, 05:42 AM   #243
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Now, however... I'm still going to say "LITTLEMANPOET IS A WOLF." He's just too polite of a loudmouth to be sincere. But then again... I'm also suspicious of Lalaith, just for good measure, and I think that The Barrow-Wight and The Saucepan Man and Esty are wolves.
Hardy har har. You are too funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
Trends to look out for:

1. Any pattern of same names that have voted for the condemned and the next most suspicious together.

2. The same names appearing much latter during the vote.
This is an interesting theory. What you mean by #1 is unclear to me. If I understand it, it can only be applied to those who have actually voted on both days. I've thought of making a request that those who didn't vote, say how they would have voted, but I realize that the wolves would most certainly make the thing a fantasy at best. So we're stuck with the data available on this thread.

So the only people we can test your trend with, as I said, are those who have voted twice:

Celuien late for Oddwen then early for Oddwen
Firefoot somewhat late for Saurreg then early for Oddwen
Lalaith early for Kath then very late for Oddwen
Feanor of the Peredhil early for Eomer then early for LMP

I personally (on gut instinct mind you) doubt the guilt of any of these four. Based on your second criterion, none of them voted late twice. Based on your first criterion, Celuien was consistent; Firefoot voted according to suspicions as far as I can tell; Lalaith stabbed in the dark then tried to make sure there was no tie and failed;Feanor took two stabs in the dark.

Sorry, but because of the lack of voting the first day, there just isn't enough information. I would tell you how I would have voted on the first day, but you can bet the wolves would just use it against me.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 06:00 AM   #244
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
There seems to be a small, but, to me, rather alarming, inclination within the village to string me up for my indecision...I cry you mercy. We all are innocent until proven guilty; concrete attacks lead to feuds like theEomer/phantom spat. hence I have avoided them.

My Lalaith asides have been, it is true, deliberately understated; this is to emphasise that my opinion is simply a supposition here. I think Lalaith innocent not because of any accurate analysis, but because instinct tells me she's blameless, and because I am somewhat convinced by her "oh, whoops, I've lynched another innocent, sorry, sorry, sorry," approach.

I will return when I have more confidence in my conclusions. At the moment the artist, the housemaid, and the butcher with poetic aspirations are bothering me a little. A union, sealed by a decoy vote, may exist between the artist and the butcher...though this is all in its haziest stage. And certainly not...concrete.

What is concrete anyway? We use good solid stone here within the bounds of Nargothrond...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:39 AM   #245
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Fortune cookie of the day is: Doubt what you may but never doubt yourself

or, to keep it short and sweet, Trust no1.

Quote:
"Evisse voted for Lalaith. She thinks now that there was a possible conspiracy to lynch the phantom, which failed. That would mean that her suspects are Anguirel and ... um ... Eomer. But that doesn't work, since Eomer's innocent. And dead."
No. Let me explain what my theory was:

The phantom was not killed the previous night in order to lynch him the next day. The werewolves set a bait: as anticipated, Eomer took up on the obvious idea and started the anti-phantom bandwagon. Two things became apparent during Day 2 events: that the phantom was protecting Saurreg, and while for the innocents this could look suspicious, that could only mean one thing for the werewolves: that the two were the Shiriffs; second that the villagers were more convinced of the phantom's innocence than Eomer's. Now, I'm not discounting the possibility that wolves may have voted for Eomer too. But my theory at the moment is that they had been meaning to lynch the phantom, but then, when too many people turned to vote for Eomer, they realized this was a lost cause, so they stopped trying to vote for the phantom, as it would have achieved nothing. Saurreg said: "yesterday's voting was supposed to be between Eomer and phantom." Yes, this is certainly how it looked like up to a certain point. How then did Oddwen attract so many votes as to have a tie with the much more unpopular at the time Eomer? Of course you can say: people were uncertain of either one's guilt. Fair enough. But why did everyone who didn't vote for either Eomer or tp turned to Oddwen? Why not scatter the votes? The higher the probability you'd make a wolf sit up and pay attention, maybe even make a mistake. The trouble with boarding any bandwagon is that it makes the Day's voting and probable outcome very predictable for the wolves. So if they're clever they plan everything in advance and the rest of us are just gonna go with the flow.

Anyway. I heard Lalaith's defense, (numerical confusion) now I would like to hear Esga's.
She also voted for Oddwen at a time when she couldn't have known (if she's innocent) that a wolf wouldn't step in to create a tie. A vote for anyone else could have assured no possibility of creating a tie. She also made it clear that she didn't suspect Oddwen all that much. In fact, she's another one of those who you can't tell whom they are suspecting.

Anguirel, I'm ready to believe your 'protection' of Lalaith as based on a gut feeling, as I had a similar feeling when it came to Eomer's and phantom's innocence, but I can't overlook the fact that you were the first to vote for phantom yesterday being very sure of his guilt, and tried to get as many people to do the same.

Also, everyone, remember gut feelings can be wrong.

Make of this theory what you will.

As I said, I'll like to hear more from Esgalhugwen.

Dancing spawn looks suspicious to me at the moment because I can't place her anywhere. Unless she's just a very confused innocent, she could very well be a wolf who's lying low and not venturing any daring remarks.

Now, Nilpaurion Felagund. He makes this funny post here:

Quote:
"Then there's this added advantage--we could put blame on the phantom, who could shift blame to Eomer. Because of this confusion, they'll both die. Muahahahaha!

Having said that, lynch me. Now.

Post-traumatic Possum. We intend to kill the gifted villagers through lynching, though. They taste bad. (Sorry to any gifted villagers there.)"
Heh. Interesting strategy I must say. Not far from what actually happened. Except that Oddwen died too, whom Nilp voted as if to avert blame in case both the phantom and Eomer got indeed lynched together.
Unless I hear more of Nilp's 'serious personality' I'm gonna assume he's a werewolf hiding in the open.

The only person I don't suspect at the moment is Saurreg, for reasons that I think are obvious to everyone.

Now I'm gonna go and prepare a salad with tomatoes, green pepper, bacon and salty cheese, which everyone will surely enjoy.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:48 AM   #246
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evisse the Blue
WALL OF WORDS!!!!

Old 06-26-2005, 06:57 AM   #247
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
What you mean by #1 is unclear to me.
Let me clarify;

1. A is the condemned one and B is the next in line with the most votes. B can also be another condemned one as in the case of Eomer & Oddwen.

2. If there are three wolves, they would be voting either all for one, or two for A and the last for B and vice versa.

3. Either way we play with it, all three wolves would have voted.*

*I base this on the very likely assumption that our wolves don't play dice (chance) and would always be around to try and shape things into the way they want it to go.

Of course I will not discount the fact that only two wolves would put in decisive votes and the third would either be absent or even vote at random just so that it would not be so apparant that three people are working together.

Last edited by Saurreg; 06-26-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Saurreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #248
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Cutting the Chat.

I will no longer need to state my audacious claims, as I am already in suspicion, which is enough for a suspicious person.

First of all, forgive me, Oddie-woddie poo, for I have cast the first stone at innocent you.

Second, cousin Eomer ( ), I shall avenge your death, or else my sister will kill me. But wait, she can't do that--see my sig.

Third, yesterday, I have made a list of the remaining members, and tried to determine guilt or innocence depending on what has been said or unsaid in this thread. This is what I came up with:

Anguirel - possible innocent. He, after all, sympathised with Eomer. Or could it be that since there was no werewolf on the chopping block, he could sympathise with an innocent who would likely die, so he could hide his true identity?

Celu - possibly a werewolf. Why the strange dealings with Saurreg?

Esgal - possibly innocent. But why vote for Oddie?

Evisse - mysterious. I have no idea where to place her.

Fea - almost certainly a werewolf. Zali's death might just be a smokescreen to reduce suspicion of her. Plus her silence during the last vote unnerves me.

Firefoot - possibly a werewolf. Although she might also be a seer. But this:

Quote:
And something else. Firefoot was concerned about Nilp's vastly different timezone, and Nilp was grateful. Was Ff perhaps concerned because Nilp has had trouble participating in Werewolfery Counsel? Though that could mean that they are the Sherriffs. (Oddie)
might bind our fate. So if the wolves devour me, please look real hard at her direction.

Hookbill - almost certainly a werewolf. He's just too good, although I can't find anything solid to back up my gut feeling.

Lalaith - possibly innocent. But why the vote for Oddie?

lmp - possibly a werewolf. Why did Fea vote for her, when it was quite clear that the Eomer, Saurreg, and tp were in the shooting gallery?

Nilp - an innocent werewolf? You decide. Although quite frankly, it's better to be lynched than to be eaten. Although it might be good to win.

Saurreg - you say he's innocent, although I'm not quite sold. tp's death might just be a ruse, after all.

spawn - possibly innocent. But why vote for Oddie?

There. But since I can go online tomorrow before the deadline, I might postpone my vote to see the developing trends. Although if none develops I am inclined to vote for Fea. But haste makes waste, and innocent blood is too precious to waste.

He's a wolf! Lynch him! Lynch him!

Hush! tgwbs, can you keep my alter-egos out?
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:06 AM   #249
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Thumbs up

So that's what a werewolf looks like!

Dancing spawn, to me, seems to be acting a little more suspicious than Saurreg. Although, I had the same feelings about Eomer and phantom, and they both turned out innocent! Oh woe is me! I can tell I'm not going to be very good at this game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Oh and for what it's worth, I think phantom would have been safe from the wolves while Eomer still lived, and vice versa.
It would seem that that was true. I was convinced that either one of them was a w-w, but when they both turned out innocent I must admit I felt partly responsible for fuelling to fire. I.e. If I'd voted Phantom, then Oddwen would have died alone. However, perhaps if they had stayed in the game, we would have been distracted from finding the w-ws by their "He's a w-w!" "No he is" bickering.

Hum, I’m going to have to formulate some thought for possible w-ws...
Old 06-26-2005, 07:27 AM   #250
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I concur with Elvisse. Nilpaurion is acting too strange.

There's this Chinese saying; "Far away in the horizon, but right before your eyes"

Perhaps we have a werewolf in the open after all?
Old 06-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #251
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I would remind the citizen assembly of another piece of advice left by Eomer-a denunciation of Hookbill the Goomba. It is interesting, then, to note that the alleged first open werewolf in history, the estimable Nilpaurion, suspects him-although if Master Felagund is indeed a wolf, it is more knowledge than suspicion...

Other groundless and widely unpopular accusations, defying apparent sense, have been suggested by Nilp-chiefly Celuien, who is on the absolute bottom of my list. Could Nilpaurion be driving for suicide to protect Hookbill behind his corpse? If so, using Hookbill as a touchstone would expose him-but would be terribly risky. Yet Hookbill does seem dangerous to me; his condemnation of Eomer was alarmingly naive. It might be said that so was my assault on the phantom ; but I did not, in fact, think the healer guilty, only divisive; I voted, in fact, in a failed attempt to save Eomer, whose rational senses and cunning I was eager to preserve.
Old 06-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #252
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I was thinking of abstaining from today's vote, as a self-inflicted punishment for Oddwen's fate. But I realise that with just 12 left, and two absentees, the worst-case scenario is that three werewolves vote and just seven innocents. (Assuming that Feanor and Celuinen are not werewolves).
One thought on yesterday's voting: it is nigh on impossible, as some have already pointed out, I think, to work out from the voting who is a werewolf. The chief suspects were all innocent, and the wolves knew it, so it didn't matter which one they voted for.
My other thought: it is human instinct, particularly in times of stress such as these, to trust those who trust us. I for one feel grateful to the villagers who have thought me innocent, and want to trust them in return.
BUT, then a dark thought plagued me, in keeping with these dark times. The only ones who really know that I, or anyone else, is innocent are the werewolves. If a werewolf is lynched, then his remarks will be scrutinised and those villagers who received his public support will be suspected and probably lynched. Which would save his fellow wolves at the fake ally's expense.
This is not to belie any honourable villager defending those they believe innocent. Many of us have done this, as is our duty, and I think that those who have defended me are honourable. But I wanted to bring this up as a general point, to bear in mind (if and when we ever manage to kill a werewolf. )
Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 AM   #253
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Indeed. It's just like a wolf to bind themself to an innocent. A despicable and low tactic...
Old 06-26-2005, 08:48 AM   #254
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurreg
There was no tie between The Phantom and Oddwen. It was the latter and Eomer. And why just The Phantom and Oddwen? Why not also look at the votes for Eomer also? Why have you discounted him? I would like to hear the reasons.

Those who voted for Eomer (In chronological order):

Saurreg
Hookbill the Goomba
The phantom
Dancing spawn of Ungoliant
littlemanpoet

And for those of you who still persist on calling me wolf. Have it your way. It's not as if I give a fish about it anymore because no matter how hard I try to exonerate myself, someone would still find the flimsiest of substance and use it to condemn me. So vote if you want. And if you think no one's gonna follow you, go ahead and bring your siblings, bring your mother and your father, bring your cousins, aunts and uncles. Bring your entire clan. See if I care.
Twas an error on my part brought on by my long round of deliveries yesterday. I meant to say Eomer and Oddwen, as that was of course the critical tie. A tie that could have been a perfect set-up for the wolves who knew they were helping bring down two innocents. And for what it's worth, I've finally decided that there's no way that you're a wolf.

Nilp - my strange dealings with Saurreg aren't really that strange. It's merely that I became very suspicious of him after he said that his vote was unnecessary on day 1 when it looked like we might have a lot of dead villagers on our hands without more votes to break a tie. I have a pretty good reason to eliminate him from my suspect list now, which is why I'm no longer following up on that loose thread. The reason should be obvious.

If anyone's behavior has been odd recently, it has been Nilp's, for the reasons given above. I don't know that it makes him guilty though. He could just be acting like the suspicious character he always has been.

Last edited by Celuien; 06-26-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Celuien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 09:20 AM   #255
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Anguirel, if you are a werewolf, your intelligence would make you a highly formidable foe. But I do not particularly suspect you.

I am somewhat suspicious of dancing spawn at the moment. But it is a hazy suspicion.
Why does Feanor tell us, when she thinks she may not be able to come back, to examine Firefoot, but then return and not mention Firefoot at all, but continue to suspect lmp?
And where is Esgal? She's got just 2 hours before voting to post....
Old 06-26-2005, 09:29 AM   #256
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

I have been scanning through the posts and my gut feeling tells me that Feanor is innocent.

Nilpaurion Felagund's behaviour is unsettling. The first two posts in this thread were great for laughs but as the posts continue, the style wears thin and I think they are no longer humorous but hints of something more mysterious, something darker.

I question of some of his deductions.

On Celuien - He questions the deal she and I made when it was obviously a one-sided affair that would not compromise the innocents. Think about it, that was a passive deal; it would only come into effect if I was executed (thankfully not) and in any case Celuien was free to continue to suspect me, nothing else. Everybody could see that.

On Feanor - Here Nilpaurion casts his finger without hesitation. I question his reasoning and indeed his motives. We have so many villagers that first round accusations are very likely to be random pokings in the dark. Then in the second round Feanor votes for Littlemanpoet whom I have already pointed out was an improbable target and rightfully so, no one followed her lead. I think she was testing the waters and picking out random targets to gauge their reactions and those of their would-be supporters/detractors. She could just as LMP mentioned, just be a little too passionately involved in the game just for fun. I read her posts and i cannot find anything substantial for such a heavy charge to be levied on her.

On Lalaith - Dear Lalaith is now in the thoughts of many including yours truly. We have mixed feelings about her real status and no one really dares to make a call. Here Nilpaurion is quite (depends on the context of "possibly" used here) certain about her innocence but gives no reason why.

On all those possibly innocents - I will not venture to say that they are guity (since we only have three wolves ) but everybody here is unsure of one another. Except for one or two individuals whom they are willing to belief in, I doubt anyone could paint "possibly innocent" on so many mysterious villagers when an "undecided" would suffice. It almost seems like a subtle endorsement short of like the one I have for Feanor.

Indeed the death of Oddwen is tragic. We must find out the motives behind those votes.

EDIT: Is it just me or based on the aboved points and others that might have eluded me, that Nilpaurion was trying to divert the course of common consent and thoughts?

Last edited by Saurreg; 06-26-2005 at 09:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #257
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

A few more thoughts...

Currently, I do not find Lalaith, Anguirel, lmp, Evisse, or Saurreg suspicious. I'm satisifed by Lalaith's explanation regarding her late vote for Oddwen yesterday. My thoughts on Anguirel, lmp and Evisse are more of a gut feeling.

My top suspects are now (in no particular order):
1) Hookbill for the late Eomer vote and because of Eomer's denunciation.
2) Nilp for his odd behavior throughout the past two days and rather strange accusation of yours truly.

I don't know what to think of Esgal, dancing spawn, Fea or Firefoot.

I'm not really certain enough of anything to vote now. I'll be watching as the process unfolds.

Another RL notice: my schedule has changed drastically due to school starting again on Monday. I'll probably have to do all future voting quite early since my only computer time will be between 6 PM and 5 AM EDT (EDT= GMT -4 according to the board).
Old 06-26-2005, 09:43 AM   #258
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Fea - almost certainly a werewolf. Zali's death might just be a smokescreen to reduce suspicion of her. Plus her silence during the last vote unnerves me.
But I wasn't around, darling. Surely you remember. Our beloved dead TGWBS knew I wasn't around. I managed to sneak onto a computer to keep up to date, but it was about a half hour after voting. Before and after, I was in a painting frenzy (no, seriously... I was actually painting).

Quote:
lmp - possibly a werewolf. Why did Fea vote for him, when it was quite clear that the Eomer, Saurreg, and tp were in the shooting gallery?
Because dear, I've explained this as well. I didn't suspect Eomer, although I left the public possibility there to throw off trackers. I didn't want to vote for the phantom because I had a horrible feeling that he was the Seer. Also, I didn't want my annoyance at his condescention to cloud my judgement. Saurreg, I've never thought was guilty. I thought it was weird that he didn't vote on Day One, but I've thought he was a Sherriff from the beginning (no point in being subtle since we all know that it's been hinted at before). I could have voted for Spawn, because if you'll remember, I was suspicious of her also. But not enough to kill her outright. That's not my style at all. You never vote for somebody you aren't sure on... you sit and watch, and if they happen to die without your involvement, than all the better. At least it's not your fault if they're innocent.

Quote:
Why does Feanor tell us, when she thinks she may not be able to come back, to examine Firefoot, but then return and not mention Firefoot at all, but continue to suspect lmp?
Because I enjoy casting suspicion on someone new each day. I love to make absolute certain that nobody is able to fly under the radar. I wasn't saying "Firefoot's guilty", I was saying "Look at Firefoot." It's kind of like saying "Wow, Firefoot's got an awesome hair cut." I'm not saying "Let's go scalp her."

And did you truly take my words on LMP for serious? Remember that shortly after, I accused someone else, just for good measure, and in the same sentence, I accused three well-knowns not even playing? I was teasing, and the next paragraph actually said "No, in all seriousness..." Remember? I want to lynch ++ NILP for reasons already stated.

Bye 'til tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:44 AM   #259
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

My thoughts run along similar lines to yours, Celuien. We should come to a decision quite soon, and for me the main suspects are Hookbill, Nilpaurion, and the spawn of ungoliant who dances...

While hanging Nilpaurion will be a relief to all our brains, innocent or guilty though he may be, I think Hookbill may be a quicker way to a similar end. Though I base my supposition only on Eomer's hunch, Hookbill's rather rash knife-twisting at Eomer, and Nilp's gleeful quintuple-bluff-laden accusation list, I cannot rest easy while the Goomba breathes...

My feelings regarding Madame Spawn are directed by her coolness and savoir-faire, her casual contributions, her easy assumption of supremacy-some of which also apply, I can see, to myself. I need more solid evidence before I accuse her.

And so, finally, I suggest that we hang Hookbill for longterm benefit, or Nilpaurion, frankly, to put our weary crania at ease.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:46 AM   #260
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
spawn - possibly innocent. But why vote for Oddie?
No reason, especially considering that I voted for Eomer...

It's nice when someone thinks that you're not guilty but I'm becoming so paranoid that I find those people suspicious. What would be a better way to buy my trust than say: "I believe spawn is innocent." No-one but the seer should have that kind of information. Of course we speculate on the basis of our gut feelings but I think the wolves might have used this tactic in the "Phantom-Eomer" incident.

I'm growing suspicious of Esgal. She hasn't posted very much (ok, neither have I but I don't suspect myself) and that vote for Oddwen bothers me a little.

(Drat! My dad needs to use our computer now so I don't have acces to online for a while but I come back as soon as I can.)
Old 06-26-2005, 09:49 AM   #261
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Isn't Esgal going to get boringly killed automatically, at this rate, as I so nearly did?

Well...the Mysterious Artist attacks one of my chief suspects. Oh dear. My heart sinks. Must be wrong, if he's relegated to Fea's mere "public suspect"...
Old 06-26-2005, 09:53 AM   #262
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

We have a vote Nilpaurion Felagund and if current wave of sentiments prevail he will be executed.

I add ++Lalaith to the kill list now. Her vote and its timing for Oddwen mistify me and her staunch questioning of Feanor after Nilpaurion made his post reinforces my suspicion. I should think they are in cahoots.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #263
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Alas. I want to vote for Hookbill, but to save Lalaith I am forced to second the fickle Fea and vote for ++Nilpaurion I'm-A-Werewolf-And-Proud-Of-It Felagund.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:01 AM   #264
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Please stop in Esgal. We've had so much bloodshed recently that we can't afford a pointless, boring death.

Anguirel - Fea might be right this time. Her vote doesn't seem to be a random accusation to provoke discussion since the deadline is drawing near, while her vote for lmp yesterday was early enough to be taken in that fashion. Frankly, in addition to being unsettlingly bizarre, Nilp is confusing me too much to stay around. Therefore, my vote goes to ++ Nilp, with the suggestion that we all look very carefully at Hookbill tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:03 AM   #265
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Well...the Mysterious Artist attacks one of my chief suspects. Oh dear. My heart sinks. Must be wrong, if he's relegated to Fea's mere "public suspect"...
I too share this sentiment.

Bad show Fea. Bad show.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:09 AM   #266
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Even though it is clearly in my interest to vote for Nilp, I do not actually hold him in high suspicion. I find it hard to countenance the thought of a werewolf screaming out of the closet in this way.
I will hold my fire for a while.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:10 AM   #267
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

It's all your fault, Saurreg. If you hadn't gone after Lalaith and opened a golden opportunity for the wolves to swamp things, I could have crusaded against Hookbill with impunity...
Old 06-26-2005, 10:11 AM   #268
Saurreg
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
but to save Lalaith...
WHY?

Why save Lalaith? What does she have to her defence? All I can read from her posts and votes points against her. Even if I have the sense of a cow (I hope not), how can you be so sure that you would willing to what you did? You are not a Shirriff and neither is she. I will tell you now that I am the other Shirriff since my worth to the wolves is no more and you are most definitely not a Seer since you were one of the main detractors of The Phantom.

EDIT: You are also very bold to state your post-Round 3 intentions aloud for all to see. You are either a hunter who wishes to take Hookbill along for the ride tonight or that you are playing a very clever game because you know that hookbill might well be innocent and incapable of doing harm to you. If the latter is the case, then YOU Anguirel, are a lycan!

Last edited by Saurreg; 06-26-2005 at 10:30 AM.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 AM   #269
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
What I'm thinking... recommenced.

I'm not really sure what to think right now. I don't really think that Nilp is guilty, but I've certainly been wrong before now. Eomer certainly didn't seem to think that he was guilty, either, but I don't know that anyone (except Nilp himself) actually understood that message.

I only have middling suspicion for Lalaith; I'm not sure it's enough to lynch her on, though I think I'm inclined to lynch her over Nilp.

I am becoming increasingly more suspicious of Hookbill, but more people seem to want to vote for Nilp.

I am feeling easier about Saurreg and Fea for the moment.

I would like to hear from Esgal.

So I'll hold my vote for a little while yet.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 AM   #270
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

If Esgal doesn't show, will she die instead of, or as well as, the lynching victim?

Saurreg, I'm sorry you are so convinced of my guilt, I believe you to be innocent. And remember, a Shirriff was wrong before.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:30 AM   #271
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Firefoot, Lalaith, if you both vote for Hookbill we might yet hang the miscreant...just a suggestion.

Esgal will be an additional corpse, I think.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:36 AM   #272
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
(My dad's being mercyful: "You have five minutes.")
Aah, panic! Whom shall I vote for? It seems that Nilp is a quite popular option and I have to tell that I've found his behaviour rather odd. I don't know. If Esgal doesn't show up, it's time for her to go anyway... *eyes closed and fingers crossed* ++ Esgallhugwen!
Old 06-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #273
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Pipe What did I do?

Ah, I knew I wouldn't last long in this game. *Shrugs* I thought of playing dumb so that the w-ws wouldn't see me as a threat, but it seems to have backfired on me... damn.
It seems the only way my vote can go in order to save my neck (literally) is to vote

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Sorry man.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:41 AM   #274
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Okay, I quickly went back and read all of Hookbill's posts. What I had previously taken for innocent, I now realize was not so concrete at all, even less so than Anguirel. It is the type of post that I would probably expect from a wolf...

I guess I think that ++Hookbill is more likely to be a wolf than either Nilp or Lalaith. So help me if I'm wrong again.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:45 AM   #275
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Well Firefoot, I'm always wrong too. Which is why (although it may seem yet another weird illogical Lalaith action) I am going to follow the lead of my suspect dancing spawn and vote for ++ Esgal. Because she's going to die anyway and I'm sick of having innocents on my conscience.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #276
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
If Esgal doesn't show, will she die instead of, or as well as, the lynching victim?
As well as.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 10:50 AM   #277
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

As I thought...which makes votes for her entirely pointless, apathetic and escapist. Lalaith, spawn, you shirk your civic duty. Alas.

If only I'd bitten the bullet, er, arrow, and voted for Hookbill...
Old 06-26-2005, 10:52 AM   #278
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Anguirel, if I'm still here tomorrow, I'll resume civic duties. But today I am just worn out.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #279
Evisse the Blue
Brightness of a Blade

Evisse the Blue has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Yahoo to Evisse the Blue Send a message via Skype™ to Evisse the Blue
Ok. From the list of nominees so far, Nilp is the one I'd least want to lynch. Lalaith comes next, although I am beginning to sympathise with her misfortune, if misfortune it is, but suddenly I see clearly what has mysteriously escaped me for so long, and that is Hookbill's very low key behaviour. Very little he said, and maybe for a purpose. And now voting for Nilp, which is such an obvious tactic to save himself. In any case, his death should tell us a lot.

Maybe there's still time. I say we lynch +++Hookbill the Goomba
Old 06-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #280
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Pah. Women. Pacifists. Harrumph.

EDIT: Well struck, Evisse. A tie. But will it be maintained? I just hope there are no more votes for Esgal...

EDIT AGAIN: Nope, no tie. The judiciary don't teach Maths, or observation...

Last edited by Anguirel; 06-26-2005 at 10:58 AM.
Anguirel is offline   Reply With Quote