The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #241
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
This is only going to make you look worse tomorrow - whatever Kath's role is.~Rikae
You think I don't know that? You better not be doubting my ability to get out of a little bit of suspicion.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 PM   #242
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I'm ready to give it a try as well.

++ Isabellkaya
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 04:22 PM   #243
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I could vote Isabell, but are there enough of us to kill her?

Anyway

++ Isabellkya

If I'm dead toMorrow please consider Rikae.

edit: xed with Nogrod, Boro and Nogrod
Old 06-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #244
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Kath 6
Isabell 3
tgwbs 2
Boro 1

Gil, Shasta, Isabell and Fea to vote.

Isabell will not vote herself so we would need also Gil here...

Good try anyway.

EDIT: No it wasn't as Isabell would vote Kath... We should have counted this first.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:25 PM   #245
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Let's save Kath, I want to get this last second band-wagon lynch happening.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #246
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

nevermind, scratch that
Old 06-03-2007, 04:27 PM   #247
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++IZZY

Because I like Kath and she hasn't concerned me much.
Old 06-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #248
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Remeber to check Mith toMorrow if I'm not around anymore. She has felt so innocent all the time but I've begun to wonder her assuredness about Menel yesterDay and the way she used it toDay

Her thwarted campaign on me when it still seemed there might be a crowd enough to lynch me I find also quite suspicious...
Old 06-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #249
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Day 2 is over. Stop talking and voting.

The result will be announced in a while (once I have had a chance to catch up ...)
Old 06-03-2007, 04:30 PM   #250
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And check when pweople joined the wagon anyway if Kath turns out innocent...
Old 06-03-2007, 05:43 PM   #251
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Dark-Eye Kath meets a fiery end ...

The events of the previous Night had confused and bewildered the delegates, and there was much discussion of what had occurred. Mention was even made of the old tome of knowledge, Wikipedia, in case it might shed any light on the mystery. Alas, it did not. And so it was not long before the debate turned to the question of who should be lynched.

Once the votes had been cast, it was decided that Kath should be the one to face death this Day. Her provenance had remained a mystery, and so the other delegates were mistrustful of her.

“She’s a witch! Burn ‘er!” screeched Nogrod.

“Don’t start that again!” cried The Sixth Wizard, aghast. “This are a serious narrative.”

“By what authority do you …?” began Mithalwen, but was hastily silenced by the others present.

Unfortunately, the delegates had still failed to construct any suitable means of execution, and so the talk turned once again to how Kath’s death should be brought about. After some time, it was agreed that Nogrod’s suggestion was actually the best that they had to work with. And so wood was gathered and a pyre hastily assembled. A struggling Kath, bound and gagged, was brought forward and tied firmly to the stake.

But, as the flames began to lick at her legs, Kath somehow managed to work free the gag from her mouth. Fixing the assembled throng with a defiant glare, she spoke in a voice both calm and contemptuous.

“Fools!” she said. “I am no witch. I am a Priestess! And I serve the true Lord of Middle-earth. His throne is far from here, but this land will fall to Him ’ere long. You puny woodsmen and your paltry villages are no match for the might of Mordor. I have seen in my dreams the wonder and the terror of what He has wrought here. And those among you who do not serve Him will yourselves share that knowledge all too soon - as red claws rend your flesh and black fangs close about your heads. Wolves, I have done what I can to aid you. My work here is done. May the Hounds of Udun be joined and flourish here in the name of Sauron the Great …!”

And with these words, Kath’s body was consumed in a flash of flame and smoke. The onlookers gasped and backed away as a flaming red eye appeared in the conflagration and they felt the withering intensity of its stare. Momentarily, however, it was gone and nothing remained of Kath but a pall of thick black smoke. The delegates watched as for a moment the plume of smoke wavered, looking to the South-East. But from the South-East came a cold wind, and it bent away, and with a sigh dissolved into nothing.

The dead:

The Saucepan Man - Slaughtered and boiled up in a spicy ghoulash on Night zero.
xyzzy - Got bored of the role-based banter and hung himself quietly on Day 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Meneltarmacil - Fatally wounded in sooth he was and crawled awaye to find ye deathe in ye woodes on Nighte 1 (Werewolfe)
Rune Son of Bjarne - Hunted and added to his own trophy collection on Night 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Durelin - Spied on things which should not be seen and got hung for it on Night 1 (Thief)
Kath - Burned at the stake and spurned by her Lord on Day 2 (Priestess of Sauron)

The living:

Mormegil
Rikae - the naughty delegate from the village with the unlikely name of Castle Anthrax
Aganzir - the Dwarf delegate of a Woodsmen village
Gil-Galad
Shastanis Althreduin - the extremely detail-oriented centaur delegate from the Plains
Volo - the very hairy delegate from as far as it gets
Nogrod - the moody delegate from the Witch-burners' village who is ready and willing to form a theory to suit his feelings whatever the facts ...
Boromir88 - the filibuster delegate from Laketown, whose geography is not that good
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien - the Delegate of INSTRAW
Legate of Amon Lanc - the De-Legate of Amon Lanc
Isabellkya - the delegate from the village Kyaq
the guy who be short - the delegate from nearby Necropolis
Mithalwen - the delegate of an anarco-sydicalist commune, taking her turn as a sort of executive officer for the week
Feanor of the Peredhil - the slightly offbeat delegate who offers controversial suggestions to the moot regardless of lycanthropic tendencies

Night 2 has begun. Players of the Night, do your thing.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 06-03-2007 at 05:50 PM.
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:37 PM   #252
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye A sight for sore eyes ...

As the delegates gathered in the council chamber, it was immediately apparent that two more of their number was missing. Once again, those present trailed nervously to the absent delegates’ huts, fearing the worst.

The occupant of the first lay on her bed, her face contorted in a rictus grin. At first it was assumed that she had died in great agony. But further inspection revealed three sticks strewn about the room, each bound at the end with a cluster of chicken feathers. Slowly, it dawned on the delegates that the expression on Rikae’s face was not one of pain, but of pure, unremitting, deadly laughter. The naughty delegate from the village with the unlikely name of Castle Anthrax had been tickled to death.

The second hut was decked about with many herbs and plants of the surrounding woodland. Sprigs of mistletoe and belladonna there were, bunches of ivy leaves, mandrake roots, holly berries, garlic cloves, mustard seeds and rose petals. Jars and bottles of strange powders and potions lined the shelves. The occupant of the hut was slouched forward at the table, upon which were set a mortar and pestle, a bowl of dark liquid and yet more herbs and plants.

“Phew, strong stuff!” exclaimed one of the delegates, sniffing the contents of the bowl.

“No wonder he’s overslept,” laughed another. “Looks like he’s going to have a mighty hangover.”

“Rouse yourself, good sir,” said a third, shaking the prone man by the shoulder. “’Tis time to…”

But her words died in her mouth as the man’s body slumped back, and those crowded round him gasped with horror. Where the man’s eyes should have been, there were now only empty, hollow sockets, and it was clear that his sightless slumber was the sleep of the dead. With a further cry of disgust, the delegate who had been examining the bowl dropped it on the table. As its contests spilled over, de Legate of Amon Lanc’s eyeballs slowly surfaced and stared grimly up at them.

De Legate had been a far seeing Druid of Radagast, but now he saw no more.

The dead:

The Saucepan Man - Slaughtered and boiled up in a spicy ghoulash on Night zero.
xyzzy - Got bored of the role-based banter and hung himself quietly on Day 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Meneltarmacil - Fatally wounded in sooth he was and crawled awaye to find ye deathe in ye woodes on Nighte 1 (Werewolfe)
Rune Son of Bjarne - Hunted and added to his own trophy collection on Night 1 (Ordinary Innocent)
Durelin - Spied on things which should not be seen and got hung for it on Night 1 (Thief)
Kath - Burned at the stake and spurned by her Lord on Day 2 (Priestess of Sauron)
Rikae - Tickled mercilessly and died with a smile on her face on Night 2 (Ordinary Innocent)
Legate of Amon Lanc - Underwent radical optical surgery and lost his life and his foresight on Night 2 (Druid)

The living:

Mormegil
Aganzir - the Dwarf delegate of a Woodsmen village
Gil-Galad
Shastanis Althreduin - the extremely detail-oriented centaur delegate from the Plains
Volo - the very hairy delegate from as far as it gets
Nogrod - the moody delegate from the Witch-burners' village who is ready and willing to form a theory to suit his feelings whatever the facts ...
Boromir88 - the filibuster delegate from Laketown, whose geography is not that good
The Sixth Wizard
Thinlómien - the Delegate of INSTRAW
Isabellkya - the delegate from the village Kyaq
the guy who be short - the delegate from nearby Necropolis
Mithalwen - the delegate of an anarco-sydicalist commune, taking her turn as a sort of executive officer for the week
Feanor of the Peredhil - the slightly offbeat delegate who offers controversial suggestions to the moot regardless of lycanthropic tendencies

Day 3 has begun. Nightly activities must cease. You may start talking.

Last edited by The Saucepan Man; 06-04-2007 at 04:45 PM. Reason: typo
The Saucepan Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:45 PM   #253
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Well, I must say I was slightly surprised by those kill choices.

And who was killed by whom?

Whatever the Priestess of Sauron was, she was not the one to kill people, or that's how I see this.

Legate was a... seer? I'm not too happy to lose him. Maybe someone should go through his posting. I would, but it'll take time and Noggie sure wants to comment something soon. Maybe I'll do it a bit later.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #254
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Drat! Not only did I just inspect Legate, but I nearly made a good case against him.
Well, back to inpecting him to find some answers to whom he dreamt about.

Do you think think that the Priestess of Sauron was more than just a Cobbler? Does it feel a bit Seerish too?

I think we can forget the Assassin. This deffinitely looks like a Bear or something wicked.

Anyway, I'll go to sleep. But just noting that Nogrod is either extremely lucky or Innocent. And that at the moment Feanor and Mith look lynch-worthy.

EDIT: Xd with Lommy
Old 06-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #255
Volo

Off by memory (as I just read through everything by Legate, two times), I'd say that he dreamt of Boromir - Innocent.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:50 PM   #256
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I think the Priestess of Sauron was some kind of cobbler, possibly with the knowledge of the wolves' identities... would that explain Kath's unsincerity?

And before anyone does that I must say I would examine Kath's posts very cautiously, if at all, since if - as I assume - she was somekind of cobbler - especially if she was one with knowledge of the wolves' identities - it can mislead us and it can mislead us a lot.

edit: xed with Volo's later post
Old 06-04-2007, 04:52 PM   #257
Volo

Ok, let's say something about Feanor and Mith.

Feanor: No suspicions or help what so ever. Hey, if you want us to love you, give a reason. Votes easy prey. Not helpful - not Wolf? Well, she herself opposed that logic...

Mith: Many posts. Content? No. Nothing at all really. Her suspcions go as the trend goes, or at least follow my thoughts. Both votes safe.

EDIT: Xd with Lommy
Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #258
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo
I think we can forget the Assassin. This deffinitely looks like a Bear or something wicked.
Unless the assassin doesn't kill every Night.

I guess he dreamt of either Boro or Rikae, since they seemed to be the ones he trusted the most. This would however point rather to Rikae:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate to Rikae
Well, I don't know... Boro seems quite ok to me, but you do as well... from the beginning I feel it more like a two-innocent skirmish... though I am more sure with you than with Boro... but still he seems innocent to me...
Old 06-04-2007, 04:55 PM   #259
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Volo - have you dropped your eccentric style or not? Clearing that up would help a lot.

edit: xed with Aggie
Old 06-04-2007, 04:57 PM   #260
Volo

When examening Kath, it should be done very carefully.

Kath hasn't given much straight-forward suspicions either.

Day1 is pretty much 0 as the suspicions go. Votes Rikae in post #55.

Day2 is also just as wierd. Suspects Sixth and Lommy in post #131.

But my notes say that that is about it... Don't feel like analysing her closer.¨

EDIT: Xd with both ladies.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:58 PM   #261
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

There's something missing, Volo...

Didn't Kath suspect Noggie as well?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:01 PM   #262
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoyanzir
So evilly? It really looks like the work of some really evil creature if you ask me, unless Sir SPM wants to confuse us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlommy
Volo - have you dropped your eccentric style or not? Clearing that up would help a lot.
Yeah. Bad habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlommy
Didn't Kath suspect Noggie as well?
*slap* Sure, my notes were made early during Day2. No wonder I didn't mention that...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #263
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoyanzir
I guess he dreamt of either Boro or Rikae, since they seemed to be the ones he trusted the most. This would however point rather to Rikae:
Good catch! Maybe even too good, eh? But then again, I've caught you Innocent for gloating before...

Indeed looks like Rikae is one worth being suspected of being Innocent.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #264
Volo

Oh. Dang. Rikae IS Innocent. *slap*

Last edited by mormegil; 06-04-2007 at 06:55 PM. Reason: language
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:05 PM   #265
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
So evilly? It really looks like the work of some really evil creature if you ask me, unless Sir SPM wants to confuse us.
Yep. What I meant was that on Night 1 there were three kills, and now only two (and we have no real knowledge who killed on Night 1). There may be an assassin who killed no one toNight.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:06 PM   #266
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Feanor: No suspicions or help what so ever. Hey, if you want us to love you, give a reason. Votes easy prey. Not helpful - not Wolf? Well, she herself opposed that logic...
Hi there. You should love me because I'm so darned cute.

And the reason I haven't been around much is mostly that the cycles begin and end at 6:30 PM my time. The only computer I have access to is beyond my parents' bedroom and my mom crashes around nine (ah, old people). If I can't get on between those times, my play-time is limited to the second half of each DAY, and if something comes up (ever-likely)...

Here's my trouble: I generally only play in villages with limited roles, so I never mastered what roles are even within the possibility space of this game. I'm still crooked on a cobbler, much less thieves, priestesses, and druids.

So we have ordinary innocents (I'm ridiculously glad to see I'm not the only one, even if the only way I know is spotting dead people. For a brief moment, I was concerned that everybody had a different role and the point of the game was to kill everyone and see what happened).

We have at least one more werewolf[e].

Druid acts as seer, judging by the eyes being gouged out in the night. So our seer is dead. Is there anything to say we don't secretly have another one somewhere?

The Thief did... what?

And Sauron's Priestess was... an ally to the wolves? Maybe?

It's killing me to know that these roles existed and to have no idea at all what their point was.

Villagers screw up, wolves manipulate, seers see, hunters hunt, rangers protect, mythos steal roles. That's really as much as I've got down.

Did I miss anywhere where it told us how many gifteds there are, if not what they are?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:08 PM   #267
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Yep. What I meant was that on Night 1 there were three kills, and now only two (and we have no real knowledge who killed on Night 1). There may be an assassin who killed no one toNight.
True. Though it looks much more that this Night lacked the Durelin mess.

Argh. Good night. Like you can see, I'm getting a bit drowsy here.

EDIT: Xd with Fea
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #268
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Yeah. Bad habit.
So does that mean yes or no?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:17 PM   #269
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

And we can't even assume that wolves killed Legate because he was getting too close as it's not sure if it was the wolves who killed Legate or someone else... And I don't know if we should drop the idea of two rival wolf teams (maybe 2 wolves per team) yet...
Old 06-04-2007, 05:19 PM   #270
Volo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
So does that mean yes or no?
Yes. And next you'll ask "yes what?".

I dropped the thing.

And what seems pretty probable is that the two kills are organized by one band. And there is at least one great Seer-hunter in the band of Wolves.

It looks a bit improbable that both the Seer and the Seer's dream are killed by chance.

So, I advice you to think of who might be such a player who both looks suspicious and can find the Seer when Wolf. (the suspicious part is not even essential)

Ok, now pretty truly good night.

EDIT: Xd with Lommy.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #271
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Yes. And next you'll ask "yes what?".
I dropped the thing.
Thanks. For both dropping it and explaining.

Now I'll go to sleep and let Noggie roam free. I'll be back.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM   #272
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kath's last words:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath in the narration
Wolves, I have done what I can to aid you. My work here is done. May the Hounds of Udun be joined and flourish here in the name of Sauron the Great …!”
Based on this I'd say there are two wolf groups that aren't necessarily competing but don't know each other either... Unless one can use word "hound" for bear in this strange language? I guess not?
Old 06-04-2007, 05:38 PM   #273
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
And we can't even assume that wolves killed Legate because he was getting too close as it's not sure if it was the wolves who killed Legate or someone else... And I don't know if we should drop the idea of two rival wolf teams (maybe 2 wolves per team) yet...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
The occupant of the first lay on her bed, her face contorted in a rictus grin. At first it was assumed that she had died in great agony. But further inspection revealed three sticks strewn about the room, each bound at the end with a cluster of chicken feathers. Slowly, it dawned on the delegates that the expression on Rikae’s face was not one of pain, but of pure, unremitting, deadly laughter. The naughty delegate from the village with the unlikely name of Castle Anthrax had been tickled to death.
So just from the narration we can assume that whoever (whomever?) killed Rikae; was done by a group of three. It could be done by one person I guess; but why leave three sticks at the scene of the crime? If there are two rival wolf teams; which so far there have been atleast two deaths each night.. then logic could/would lead to believe that two rival wolf teams with three per team = about six wolves altogether. Just my thought for the moment. I don't know how the wolf/bad teams are usually created here if/when you have more than one. Is it normally equal numbers for each team; or does it just depend on the MC? The past games I have played elsewhere; when it comes to the bad teams; the numbers are usually equalized.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #274
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

[
Old 06-04-2007, 06:45 PM   #275
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
then logic could/would lead to believe that two rival wolf teams with three per team = about six wolves altogether.
Even though this was a village of 20, six wolves would be really much. How many innocents there usually are against one wolf? Five? With six wolves it would be one wolf against about three innocents, not to mention two nightly kills...

Can the wolves kill each other during the Night? If they don't know who the others are (see my post above) that could be possible I think. Now Menel is the first thing that came to my mind, but on the other hand his death narration doesn't look very much like that his death was caused by wolfish creatures.
Wolves killing each other would however balance the situation, even if there were six (or five, as Menel's dead) wolves. In the best case they could do our job and finish each other off.

...or then not.
There are 13 of us still alive. If there were two wolf packs with three wolves in both, we'd still have five wolves left.
If we lynch an innocent toDay and the wolves kill two innocents toNight, toMorrow there would be 10 left - five of them wolves. Now I don't know if the wolves could win as separate groups even though the number of them matched the number of the innocents, but I'd rather not take the risk.

It's 3.45 am, the sun is rising, birds are singing, and I have to wake up way too early 'cause I'm going to see Lommie and some other friends of ours at noon. I'm not sure if I'll have time to post anything in the morning, but I'll be back by evening.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:06 PM   #276
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Or there could be a good guy that has license to kill and he/she killed the first night.

or there is only one wolf pack with 4 in it and they can kill two per night until they only have 2 left

or Sauron himself is here and he killed the seer

or Rikae intentionally tickled herself to death

or I'm rambling on purpose to prove a point.

Seriously, I always wonder why we get so distracted. Is somebody guilty or innocent is really all that matters, only by killing off the guilties will we know the truth. We are avoiding the truly important topic and focusing on things that don't really matter. Does it seem to anybody else that Thinlo and Volo are having a bit too much fun in all this and that they are the leaders in diverting our attention? Thinlo seems a bit off to me to be honest but, to be fair she is one I find suspect almost all the time but so is Kath and she felt a bit off too and I was correct.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #277
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Kath was the cobbler-esque role, I'm pretty sure. Also, Rikae's death narration could have been poetic license by SPM.

It's very sad that we lost Legate, but maybe he left an heir? I wonder how the wolves could have known... Maybe it was someone who Legate was suspecting on-thread, and may have dreamt...

I think I remember reading something about Morm in one of his posts, but I'm definately not sure. I'll have to reread.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:50 PM   #278
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Well, I'm definitely less confident today, so that means sorry everyone I'm not going to be as fun and chipper. It's time to get down to business...

Quote:
Does it seem to anybody else that Thinlo and Volo are having a bit too much fun in all this and that they are the leaders in diverting our attention?~morm
Interesting...well clearly they are continually talking about roles and nightly deaths and two wolf teams and not naming anyone at all. Question is, is that wolvish? I share the same feeling with you about Thinlo...Volo less so.

Quote:
Legate was a... seer? I'm not too happy to lose him. Maybe someone should go through his posting. I would, but it'll take time and Noggie sure wants to comment something soon. Maybe I'll do it a bit later.~Thinlo
These comments always catch my eye. 'Check this out,' 'I can't myself but maybe a bit later.' This has been a pretty big 'bit.'

Oh, who am I kidding, right now I'm grasping at straws, bah...I'll be back later.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 PM   #279
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Haha... Boro's suspicious of Lommy for saying she'll "do it a bit later", and then leaves, saying he'll be "back later".

Sorry, but it made me giggle.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:14 AM   #280
The Sixth Wizard
Shade of Carn Dûm

The Sixth Wizard has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to The Sixth Wizard
The seer is dead!! (and this post is a bit terse)

Quote:
Wasn't there something like that last game? One that could ranger one night and assassin the next but not both in a row?

Quote:
Whatever the Priestess of Sauron was, she was not the one to kill people, or that's how I see this.
I think what we have killing us a bear of some sort. She also seemed to know the wolves, with the words 'I have done what I can to help you', which I think would be too much of an advantage if they could both kill. Maybe an evil seer? That seems fit.

Quote:
Does it seem to anybody else that Thinlo and Volo are having a bit too much fun in all this and that they are the leaders in diverting our attention?
I agree. They do seem to be a couple of cohorts, don't they? They even logged off within three minutes of each other. I suppose you could put that down to them being both in Finland, but still. Don't seem to be suspecting each other at all, not much. Yes, strange.
The Sixth Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote