The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-21-2005, 09:59 PM   #201
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 73%
First off, I said I was 73% sure. Misquoting, naughty naughty....
Oh yes, I'm a ver-ry naughty wolf, sir. Pardon the misquote, that post was a retype and I was slightly frustrated. *throws computer agains the wall*

Right now, my suspicions are strongest against Nonna and Gurthang for reasons expressed above. As it stands, I am prepared to see either one of them lynched.

Re: Morm's great plan:

Unless Sauron knows of a hero, I would advise another Day's wait for them to reveal themselves.

Must leave, I hope to be back before the end of this NIGHT.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 11:06 PM   #202
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
This game is doing a remarkably good job of keeping my confused. Nobody seems particularly innocent to me- or particularly guilty. Morm and his manipulating seems so blatant that I am half-tempted to think him a Hero deftly conducting the tune of the entire village. And yet, this is so similar to his record, to his past Innocent self, that I am loathe to condemn him based on this alone. If some wolf, more analytical than I, were to dig up the evidence to convict him, I could well be persuaded to vote along with them, but as things stand... well, I just can't justify it to myself.

Of the names that keep occupying the top suspicion spot today, Gurthang, Farael, and Nonnacedak, I am inclined to think Farael guilty. His actions seem to be those more of an Innocent who has never been in one of these situations before than of a Hero slipping up.

Gurthang is a good deal more sedate and less confusing than I am used to, but this very fact inclines me to think that he is guilty. Looking at the rest of the evidence, I really don't have any reasons leaping out at me as guilty, but this one reason is enough to worry me.

Nonnacedak is a bit of a wild card. Although his actions have been rather suspicious thus far, his normal style on the forums is such that I am almost tempted to see him as a sort of Wayne- for which reason I am hesitant to condemn him as guilty, as well as the fact that, like Farael, he's a newcomer to this game.

Of the three, Nonnacedak is the most suspicious of the three, and if nothing transpires in the coming hour or so to speak up for someone else's guilt, I shall likely vote for him due to a lack of options, but I like it not...
Old 12-22-2005, 12:37 AM   #203
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Over an hour, and not a post on this thread. More spectacularly, not a post on the whole forum, that I could see...

Well, I'm as good as my word. It is 11:30 pm here, time for me to sleep, and- more importantly- to post my vote of the night. I do not think I shall return ere the end of the night.

As promised, I shall vote for Nonnacedak, having seen nothing new regarding anybody, and being entirely too tired to think up a different strategy.

++Nonnacedak
Old 12-22-2005, 01:15 AM   #204
Nonnacedak
Animated Skeleton

Nonnacedak has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Nonnacedak
I guess Im moving up people's suspect lists pretty fast and I can already see the bandwagon starting. Like I said people just like to pick on someone that is different . Oh well....

++Gurthang

If Gurthang really is a Hero and I end up dying tonight let me just say that I hope all you accusers burn in the afterlife!
Old 12-22-2005, 01:32 AM   #205
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Excellent job, Master Draugluin! I see someone who will be treating us to plenty of flesh at the end of this ordeal... (hoping Sauron stays alive to reward him, of course)

Well, well, the past Day and Night has been wonderful for the village (except for the death of poor Kitanna, but she pretty much brought it upon herself), and the rate we're going I daresay we'll be killing off these nasty heroes in a few Nights! But as they say, a cornered foe becomes more dangerous, for he will do anyhting to save his skin. So all the more reason for us to be careful and vigilant.

This might be rather odd for me to say but toNight, as I was going through the happenings after I left last Night, I chanced upon Rune's *snarl* comments about me. For a while it made me feel good that someone trusted me enough to believe I am innocent, but after finding out that he was a hero those same words made my fur stand on end. It might have been his strategy to latch himself onto a proven innocent (in his and the other heroes', as well as my eyes, that is) to give him some sense of belonging to this village or whatever his intention was. But realizing that made me think that the other heroes might be doing something similar, to a different degree and form.

Now I recall Gurthang saying something about a shadow of his named Meneltarmacil. I will not be quick to say anything conclusive regarding that, but I believe that in this scenario if anyone is likely to be supected more it is Gurthang. Although it's funny that Menel doesn't seem to have noticed this comment...maybe he's just shrugged it off or something, I don't know. I'm inclined to think that Menel is a werewolf what with all his helpfulness and his being instrumental to the discovery of Rune's heroism but these heroes can be incredibly tricksy...
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:52 AM   #206
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Well, I have been listening to everyone's comments and to be honest, I have very little to go on with. There is not really anyone who sticks out from the rest as "most guilty". Perhaps some will think that's me and let me tell you, you will be making a big mistake. But of course, that plays into the hands of the Heroes so expect (and maybe suspect) someone to react to my words.

Perhaps I will not live to see another moonrise but mark my words, by tomorrow evening I will not be the only one feeling sad that I'm dead.

I shall meditate a little over what has been said today and then I shall cast my vote. Don't expect it too be very logical as odds are I'll go with my gut feeling at the time of the vote. What can I say? It might have been the Christmas bug but there has been very little posting to work with, and everyone is far more experienced than myself so it's not an easy task to read into what is said.

For those who suspect me this will probably be the 'confirmation' of that suspicion... but listen to my words, I am no Sauron and that's for sure but when I'm dead, see who has been accusing me. I'm not sure everyone who has done it has his/her hands clean.

And as I am pretty much surrending myself as the sacrificial goat for to-night, I shall give you another hint for when you analyze what went wrong... I already explained my vote for spawn, it was not as much that she talked little for I knew she would, but for the content of what she did say. It's not about quantity but quality.

Just to help you all after I'm dead.... even if I cannot convince you of my thoughts on other people, I can surely tell you what I think.

Last edited by Farael; 12-22-2005 at 02:53 AM. Reason: Edited something that made absolutely no sense!!
Farael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:58 AM   #207
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Well, I was studying the posts of our previously revealed adversary Rune, hoping to find something substantial. Make of it what you will.

(post #68) Expresses suspicion of Wayne, Nonna, and Farael, saying they acted kind of odd. Gives Nonna and Farael another chance and votes for Wayne due to his unpredictability.

That probably doesn't automatically make them innocent. My instincts actually lead me to think that the one of the two he did not vote for could, however unlikely, be his fellow heroes, and he was just trying to dissociate himself from them. The vote for Wayne, on the other hand, could be a vote for a fellow hero that he hopes nobody will really notice. Everyone seemed to be quite oblivious of Wayne, anyway.

(post #126) Explains his vote for Wayne upon the questioning of Meneltarmacil. It doesn't really matter, now.

(post #131) Agrees with Farael's theory on heroes that they were not (much) involved in the Glirdan bandwagon, or at least that's how I understood it. I think he meant that a hero was likely to "start" the bandwagon, meaning voting first without "knowing" that it would end up being a bandwagon. Note that his conclusion says "or all of the heroes is among us who did not vote for Glirdan or Noona (sic)." Hmm...well, he was one of those, having voted for Wayne. Perhaps he's telling the truth, or was "trying to remove attention from his friends," as he later suspected of Farael.

"We should not take it for granted that the heroes would join a bandwagon," he also said. I think he's right about that.

(post #145) Here's the "scary" post I told you about above. Perhaps there's something we can glean from the reasons he said he's "sure" I'm innocent. Perhaps not. But see for yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
1. I agree with allmost anything she says, she is just better to get the message across than I am.

2. She does not seem eager about making people follow her path, but just states what she thinks and then let people decide. (others can be very agressive tryong to convince people that they are right)

3. She refusses to jump on a bandwagon unless there is a reaseon, she is the only one actually cuestioning the one on Noona. While others has just continued as if it was the most natural thing in the world.
Also, he almost removes Nonna from his list, but still finds it odd that he seemed to vote with vengeance by voting for one who originally voted for him (i.e. dancing spawn). For some reason this makes me suspect Nonna a bit more.

Farael, he said, seems reasonable on one hand but rather sneaky on the other. Then he says he has an odd feeling about Formendacil. With this maybe I can peg Formendacil as an innocent werewolf.

(post #146) His desperation post as he accuses Formendacil on rather shaky grounds, and admits it's no great case. Now I'm sure Formendacil's a true wolf...unless this is more deception.

(post #150) Most remarkable here is his defensiveness for being ranked by Wayne as third most suspicious. Perhaps Wayne is innocent...or more clever than we think?

(post #165) Insists that he doesn't trust me, but simply does not suspect me (turns out we think alike, or so he says), specially due to the fact that I merely speak my mind and am not persuasive.

Well, that's the end of that. There was little to go on, but I think he's revealed more than he means to. We shall see.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:08 AM   #208
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Well, well, Farael, giving up the fight already are we? Let me tell you this, you remind me of someone I know: me. Therefore I think you really are innocent. Not that that made sense.

The time is drawing near for me to leave, and so I will once again think back and think well. Then vote.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:20 AM   #209
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril triple-posting...cool!

Well, I'm rather unwilling to vote for Nonnacedak just yet. I know I haven't mentioned him much toNight but he really doesn't sit well with me. He fits in with Rune's categorization of the heroes anyway, if we'll believe him.

++GURTHANG
Old 12-22-2005, 04:23 AM   #210
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Now I recall Gurthang saying something about a shadow of his named Meneltarmacil. I will not be quick to say anything conclusive regarding that, but I believe that in this scenario if anyone is likely to be supected more it is Gurthang. Although it's funny that Menel doesn't seem to have noticed this comment...maybe he's just shrugged it off or something, I don't know. I'm inclined to think that Menel is a werewolf what with all his helpfulness and his being instrumental to the discovery of Rune's heroism but these heroes can be incredibly tricksy...
I'd like to note that I put this really as a side thought. Hence me not being suspicious of Meneltarmacil. I had just found it (some of the posting) as strange. First, I posted mocking suspicion of Nonna for being a scavenger. Menel did the same shortly after. I also seem to remember him saying something about there being one hero vote for Glirdan, one for Nonna, and one for another werewolf. I had said much the same a little earlier. I think there was one other thing, I don't remember, but I had just found those a little odd. Maybe we are simply thinking along the same lines, but I thought I'd just say it since I had noticed it.

My vote is still between Farael and Nonnacedak. I'm going to glance through the posts and see what they said about Rune. I don't think I'll have time tonight to do the cross-referencing I'd hoped.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:31 AM   #211
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

My apologies for not being around earlier.

I will also apologise for being so useless up to now. With all my recent treachery in the lands of Beleriand and Middle-earth I had forgotten just how difficult it is to discover the secrets of traitors. I can make little sense of what has happened so far. I am utterly clueless as to who the Heroes are; however I am fairly certain of the identity of two innocents and, now, three gifteds.

I'll be back on in a little while with my suspect list.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 AM   #212
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I could vote for Gurthang to save my furry face, but has anyone noted the lack of real arguments Menel has had against me?

He basically went for defending me for being just a little different to suspecting me because I say little. This change of mind also happened after Huan was revealed, and I must admit that I could have been confusing for some honest wolves searching for the truth. He was also the first one to vote for Rune, so he could not know we would actually devour Rune after all. Here's an interesting tidbit I found on post number 187

Quote:
It seems my theory may have been correct. Rune, "Hero #3," is now dead, and that leaves Heroes 1 and 2, at least one of which likely voted for Glirdan the first round. I find it unlikely that one of them voted for Rune, at least not early on.
(my emphasis)

Was he not the first one to vote for Rune? I might be mistaken as it is quite late and I might have the context wrong, but I was going over his posts looking for any serious reasons for suspecting me and I have found this instead. Also, he did vote Gilrdan on the first night, for those of you suspecting someone from that group of voters (in which I'm included)

Having a retaliatory vote is not exactly what I need right now but if anyone, my suspect included, explains to me both his lack of reasons for voting this innocent man and his slip up regarding Rune's devouring, I shall publicly apologise to...

++Meneltarmacil
Old 12-22-2005, 04:34 AM   #213
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just read Gurthang's last post.... perhaps my little recolection of facts against Menel will change your views of his 'innocence'? it seems you have some evidence -circumstantial, as all evidence we seem to have- against him.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:40 AM   #214
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Hmm... puzzles... let me see.

Eomer, I already see that you believe Oddwen and Kath innocent (but not gifted). I'm inclined to agree with you there. You said you (thought you) knew two gifted, and now three. The possible third person jumping to my mind is Farael, who hinted earlier at being gifted. I don't know whether to believe Farael or not, his post really made little difference in my suspicion. It could just as easily be a hero bluff as a gifted hint, although for some reason I feel that I should want to believe him gifted (if that makes sense). If you do speak of Farael, please explain; why do you believe him?
Old 12-22-2005, 05:11 AM   #215
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

There would have been absolutely no good reason for a Hero-Farael to say what he said. He could well have died soon before, but now he will certainly die soon.

Check out Rune's post #127 (I think that's the right number—it's about there, anyway). Maybe it's just the strange wording, but he seems to be saying:

1) I voted for Wayne.

2) I didn't really suspect Wayne.

3) I believe him innocent.

4) And then ignores him.

It's as if Rune is implying that we should all presume Wayne's innocence, at a time when Rune's guilt was very much secret.

This strikes me as a clumsy attempt to cross swords with each other, and then reconcile soon after; so that when the guilt of one was found, the innocence of t'other would be presumed.

Now, this theory is clearly unworthy due to the lack of content in Wayne's posts. I will have a quick scurry and try to find any evidence in his words. There's a good chance that Wayne is an innocent bystander here, but I'll try to judge that by reviewing his posts. I'll be back in a few minutes.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:13 AM   #216
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Voting:

Farael: 1
Nonnacedak: 1
Gurthang: 2
Meneltarmacil: 1

Votes left: 14
Old 12-22-2005, 05:19 AM   #217
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Yeah, my above theory is rather dreadful. I just thought I'd point out the post from Rune, which I find very strange. (By the way, it's #126)

I have no idea who to vote for. There are several I think innocent but none that I think particularly guilty. Mormegil's snappiness and willingness to fight just about everyone makes me uneasy but then he is a famous loudmouth and this could well be just his way.

So I'm going to vote for someone whose death will, I think, give us the most information. Back soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:32 AM   #218
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Nonna? No. Bandwagon reason.

Menel? No. Other reason.

Farael? No. Obviously.

Gurthang? Perhaps, but he already has 2 votes.

Introduce one more to the list? Yes. To spread it out and see where the votes come from more clearly.

(Sorry, his death might not give us the most information, but it will arrange the current votes in an interesting way.)

Plus, I certainly don't presume him innocent.

++WAYNE THE GOBLIN
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 AM   #219
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Some people seems to have guessed what I never meant to imply. When I said that I would not be the only one regretting my loss I meant to say that you werewolves (and warg) would regret devouring an innocent.

Yet it seems that comment was more of a freudian slip for now I gather I have given myself out as gifted. Now you shall all know the truth for I will play a dangerous game. I said that I'm no werewolf and I did not lie to you. I should have said I am not just about any other werewolf for I am mightyer than our crabby old wolf. I am Carcharoth the powerful, Carcharoth the mighty. I shall give my life for my Dark Lord Sauron, for I know that the good Draugluin will not be able to protect him to-night.

I know some of you will say I am just bluffing, that I picked up on what Gurthang said and now I'm posing as the mighty wolf. But mark my words, fellow werewolves, should I be devoured tonight it will be a big loss for all of us.

I am a little concerned over Gurthang and Eomer pretty much talking to each other, but given that it is fairly late in North America and fairly early in England, it might just be that they know they are the only ones around on that timezone.

Still, unless someone convinces me of Meneltarmacil's innocence, I shall take him down with me when I'm dead. I have no hopes of surviving to-morrow, but I will gladly give my life for my Dark Lord.

I will love to see Meneltarmacil devoured and to get an oportunity to slay the remaining Hero when I fall, victory shall yet be ours!!

Voice your thoughts, howl at me and curse me for revealing myself in such fashion but there is still enough moonlight and enough uncasted votes to finish this deal before the sun sets.

Finally, I'd like to say that I shall not ask for the other gifteds to speak up as this has been my choice, or rather my reaction to the fact that some people seem to have picked up my secret.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAARRRRRRRRRR I shall taste hero blood.

Note: Eomer voted before I could wrap up this post. I'm sorry, for I would have wanted you to re-consider your vote in light of this facts... you say Meneltarmacil to be Innocent? enlighten me.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:38 AM   #220
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

In response to Eomer's suspicion of Wayne, I do have something to say. I hope I'm not blowing something here, but I think that Wayne is either Sauron or a hero.

Let me explain. Usually, in his first post of a game, Wayne hints what his role is, usually with capital letters or bolded letters spelling something out. I specifically noticed that he did not this game. The only reasons he wouldn't are if he were a hero or Sauron. I know he's been a Ranger or Hunter before and still gave his hint.

But which is he? I'm not sure, but I do find it a bit strange that Wayne first mentions Eomer, and now Eomer is suddenly making a case against Wayne. If Wayne is a hero, then Eomer is likely innocent. If Wayne is Sauron, then perhaps Eomer is a hero.

Now, most of that is speculation, and really leaves us just wondering what to do about it. For myself, I need to get some sleep, so I won't be making a descision about this toNight.

So, back to my descision between Farael and Nonnacedak. I went through the thread quickly, and hardly found any interaction between Rune and either of the two in question. Here's what I've got:

Rune(#68)-lets both Nonna and Farael be for their newness.
Nonnacedak(#121)-notes my ‘odd’ switch to Rune on Day 1
Farael(#132)-tells Rune that ‘everyone can be a hero’
Nonnacedak(#180)-says he’ll vote B88 or Spawn because they have not voted Rune either night
Nonnacedak(#197)-again mentions my Day 1 switch from himself to Rune
Farael(#212)-notes how Menel was first to vote for Rune on Day 2

Through this, I've found more scraps to add to Nonna's evidence pile(which has grown quite a bit), and I've actually become less suspicious of Farael. His recent posts have been making sense to me and seem to be innocent. I also want to believe what he says in post #206. So, that being said:

++Nonnacedak

Even if Nonnacedak proves to be a hero, I still wouldn't count out Spawn and Boromir completely. For my reasoning in this, see post #198.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 AM   #221
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Farael, I have nothing against your choice. I really am the ever so slightest bit suspicious of Menel, so I do not object. I'm sorry if I have pushed you out. I am glad though, that I did not vote for you. Happy Hunting.

Eomer's vote is interesting. It looks like the end of this Night may reveal quite a great deal. Good luck fellow wolves. Let us hope that Draugluin is lucky again during the Day.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:51 AM   #222
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Don't feel sorry Gurthang for I might have not noticed that I had posted something that hinted at my giftedness. That is not what I meant but if I am to be slayed by the heroes I shall take one with me. Or more, if my suspicions against Menel are true and I can convince more people to vote against him.

Sauron's orders would be much appreciated, but I will not ask him to reveal himself just yet.

Last edited by Farael; 12-22-2005 at 05:51 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-22-2005, 06:00 AM   #223
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Final thoughts...

First off, Voting:

Farael: 1
Nonnacedak: 2
Wayne: 1

Votes left: 7

(I just realized earlier that there wer 9 votes left and I accidentally put 14 left.)
Old 12-22-2005, 06:13 AM   #224
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
It could just as easily be a hero bluff as a gifted hint, although for some reason I feel that I should want to believe him gifted (if that makes sense).
There's also a third possibility -- that Farael is an innocent acting a gifted and if he won't die toNight, he will offer himself to the Heroes to kill and gives the gifteds another Day to do what they're supposed to do.

Nonnac has now voted for Gurthang even though he was so eager to get someone killed from the 'Nonnac bandwagon' - did he get scared of Boromir's theory and is now trying to look less guilty? There has been much talk about Nonnac, Gurthang and Farael today. Of all these, Nonnac looks most suspicious, but I'm not so sure that I would vote yet. I have to look more closely at people who have slipped under my radar, because those villagers make most dangerous enemies.

EDIT: Obviously cross-posted with Farael and a couple of other people, too. I have no reason to question Farael's confession.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:41 AM   #225
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
++FARAEL

Meneltarmacil is innocent. 100% certain.

I am now convinced that Farael is a wolf. If he is the hunter he is severely misguided. Either way we are better off with him dead.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 06:43 AM   #226
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
By the way I haven't had time to analyse the posts since my return but I think Gurthang is innocent.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:54 AM   #227
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

If you save his life now, Menel or I will die tonight for I am Draugluin and I protected Menetarmacil yesterday. As I said in my first post of the night I realised when Rune was shown to be a hero how wrong I was. I believed him to be Sauron. Now I think Gurthang might be. I speak now for it is desparate. I cannot protect Menel today but I will protect him tonight.

On the first night I protected Eomer. As I said on Night one I trusted him most then doubted. I nearly chose Saucepan Man - thank Melkor I changed my mind. Tthe clinching reason for my vote on Night one was that if SPM were innocent he would need my protection - my vote would protect my identity.

I swear I speak the truth. I do not expect to live another night - maybe one... but the pack must be saved. Trust me.... you know how bad I am at lying.......

Please, please save Menel.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:56 AM   #228
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Well what interesting progressions we have going on. My vote should be no surprise to anyone here...

++Nonnacedak

Of things that transpired lately.

To Farael, our master Carcaroth, I would not go after Meneltarmacil tonight. However, you are the one with the choice, so do what you feel right. Myself personally would not go after Meneltarmacil. Even though I did notice that he changed from defending you when I accused you, to now accusing you, I still don't see him as a hero. My suggestion to you would be to get rid of the two people who have been the most suggested (Nonnacedak and Gurthang). Meaning say if we eat Nonnacedak, you bring Gurthang down at night, or the other way around. This way we don't get hampered down in voting by the other one the next day. If these are the villages two biggest suspects, we go after them, not for other personal reasons. Though again, you are the one with the decision, I would do things differently, but afterall it's up to you.

I doubt you will die tonight, unless of course you pick someone who is not a hero, then the heroes would be more than glad to kill you. I'm almost tempted to tell you not to go on the hunt tonight, for the risk of killing an innocent wolf, but at the worst taking down another gifted. If you are going out for the kill, my suggestion would be to go after Gurthang or Nonnacedak, which ever one isn't eaten by us.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:02 AM   #229
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Wow slow day but surely a grand finale ending.

Lady Mith, I suspected you as a gifted, though a different one at that. While I understand your urgency in defending Meneltarmacil, I don't see your blood-rush hastiness in voting Farael, and I see it as a very unwise move. I doubt Farael's move here is one of a hero, as you say just a misguided Carcharoth, who thought he found something. You rushing to Menel's aid to prevent his death (atleast by Carcharoth tonight) is noble, but your vote for Farael is puzzling to me. If he be Carcharoth, like he says he is, what's the reason for your vote for him? You could have saved Meneltarmacil from Carcharoth's claws tonight without hastily voting for someone who most likely is Carcharoth.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:03 AM   #230
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dűm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++FEAREL
Evryone can be a hero yea right I am in a rush and got to go good bye.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:10 AM   #231
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Because he went on a fishing trip last night and when told how bally stupid it would be to claim to be Sauron he claims to be Carcharoth and to go after the one certain innocent. Why suddenly does noone suspect him? I KNOW Menel is innocent, the wolves know he is innocent. Farael claims to be Carcharoth, saves his miserable skin and theheroes get another crack at an innocent today. Tomorrow you are two innocent wolves down and it is game on again for the heroes. Either Farael is a hero or he is stupid.

Old 12-22-2005, 07:21 AM   #232
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I am now convinced that Farael is a wolf.
Okay... well, now I'm confused. I, too, think that there are much better choices to bring down than Menel, if Charcharoth gets the chance to kill, but why did Mith vote for Farael if she believes that Farael is innocent? I don't doubt Mith being Draugluin, but I just don't get that. I trust in Mith, but I don't know what to do now. I'm still somewhat suspicious of Nonnac and Gurthang's theory of Wayne and Eomer is interesting (though I wasn't aware that Wayne had a habit like that). But I'd like to know, what on earth is going on in this village right now.

edit: Cross-posted with Mith. I assume that she meant to say that she's convinced that Farael is a hero, not a wolf... That would make more sense.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:23 AM   #233
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Why would a hero, trying to pass himself off as Carcharoth, claim he would "hunt for" the very person he tried to kill that night, knowing it was unsuccessful and the Ranger had protected that person?

If Farael was the fake Carcharoth, it just doesn't make sense to say he's going to kill the very person he unsuccessfully killed last night?

No, Farael's move does not seem like a fake Carcharoth, just a misled Carcharoth. Being Carcharoth he would have no idea that you protected Meneltarmacil, or that the Heroes went after him. It seems like Farael was acting on suspicions that Meneltarmacil had been hypocritical and switched from defending him, to now wanting to eat him.

If Farael was a hero in disguise of Carcharoth, I very much doubt he would chose to pick the same person they tried to whack last night. Just seems like Farael has been misguided and believed Menel was guilty, as we find out he's not and I tell Farael the same plan as I said in an earlier post. Go after Nonna, or Gurthang, whoever we don't eat. Though now it looks like we'll have a mass murder anyone unless someone breaks this tie.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:27 AM   #234
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK. I don't believe I exposed myself to get this response. Do what you have to to save Menel even if you don't kill Farael.

Read back... why do you suddenly trust him?... I feel like Judith in life of Brian.

I know my time is nearing it's end. Save Menel and yourselves. Basically I know Menel is innocent therefore anyone threatening him is my enemy whatever they say they are.

Farewell

Old 12-22-2005, 07:29 AM   #235
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

And even in the highly unlikely scenario that he is Carcharoth he is more use dead than alive so it is win / win as long as he doesn't kill the known innocent...........

Old 12-22-2005, 07:32 AM   #236
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
All of this today has me greatly confused. From what I've gathered we have Farael saying he's Carcharoth and Mith saying she's Draugluin. So the only Gifted left in hiding is Sauron?

Right now I would dearly love to kill Wayne for pure unhelpfulness! Eomer's theory would give me an excuse . . . though speaking of Eomer, it would be great if he could give a list of those he suspects since he seems to have figured out who half the village is. It might help narrow things down.

However, that won't change this tie. How many votes are left? 4? I can hang on right til the deadline which might be better than voting now. I am most likely to vote for Farael. As Mith says she knows Menel is innocent and so it is important to vote for someone who might threaten his life. And if Farael dies tonight but doesn't decide to take Menel with him, well, he might just get a Hero which would be a great help.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:38 AM   #237
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

Wow, mass cross-posting, I'm glad I have the whole day off from any killing.

Now if Farael is a hero I will look strangely stupid.

I know this seems suspicious, but it seems like any one of these people's lives are in danger of the Heroes tonight, so I'm just coming out with it.

Obviously if Mith protected Meneltarmacil, and the Heroes went after him they both thought he was Sauron. Which may explain why Menel has suddenly changed to suspecting Farael, he may have spotted something. (that is if he is Sauron). How do we know that he is Sauron though? It could just be that both the Ranger and the Heroes were mistaken?

I have direct insight from the Lord Melkor himself. Being the Pack Exorcist, and a loyal servant of Morgoth the Dark, I of all people should know Melkor's biddings and have the insight directly from the First Dark Lord himself as to what his will is for us. Lord Melkor will not be pleased by these unfoldings today. We have given the upperhand to the heroes. There is mass confusion and questioning. Who's Sauron? Who's Carcharoth? Who are the heroes? Who's to die? And we have ended with a tie in the voting (one of which is probably Carcharoth-Farael who unless around can not change his mind and not kill Meneltarmacil).

So unless if someone breaks this tie I fully expect Nonna (who if I have the interpretted the sign from my Lord correct actually is a hero), but expect the death of our Carcharoth Hunter, and another innocent Meneltarmacil.

I hope this makes some sense. IF Farael turns out to be a hero, I will look utterly stupid. But, I believe he is Carcharoth, if this tie is not broken, he will be eaten along with most likely another innocent (Meneltarmacil) since Farael is not around to change his "prey." If this scenario turns out as bad as it look, Melkor has cursed us and we must be in his debt tomorrow if we want to see victory.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:47 AM   #238
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

The only problem is Kath, if there remains (between Nonna and Farael) a tie in this voting, Farael's last victim to chose will be killed. Therefor, he won't have the night to chose a new victim. Unless Farael is around to quickly change his victim, the last person he chose (which seems most likely to be Meneltarmacil) will go down with him.

So, either I'm proven totally stupid and Farael is a hero, and everything turns out good.

Or, as my Lord Melkor has given me the forsight, that Farael is Carcharoth, and if this tie remains the last victim he chose will go down with him for the eating. Or, if the tie is broken and Farael is eaten, the last victim he chose will go down with him. He won't have the night phase to change his target. If Farael is eaten, and he's not around to quickly change his mind, it's likely his victim is Meneltarmacil and will go down for an eating alongside him.
Old 12-22-2005, 07:49 AM   #239
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Farael: 3
Nonnacedak: 3
Wayne: 1

Oh Boromir! Why did you have to go and say that! I don't really believe that you would stick up so for a fellow Hero so I can only conclude that you are innocent and Nonna is a Hero. I appear to be the only one who hasn't voted who is actually here so it's up to me to break the tie. If I vote for Farael and he dies and kills Menel that's two of our side gone. If I vote Nonna and he's innocent and then the Heroes kill Farael and he takes Menel with him that's three of our side gone.

I'm hoping Farael will have time to change his mind if we don't sentence him to the death so:

++NONNA
Old 12-22-2005, 07:50 AM   #240
Mischievous Candle

Votes:

Menel -> Farael
Formendacil -> Nonnac
Nonnac -> Gurthang
Lhuna -> Gurthang
Farael -> Menel
Eomer -> Wayne
Gurthang -> Nonnac
Mith -> Farael
Boromir -> Nonnac
Wayne -> Farael
Kath -> Nonnac

That's all, I think. So, 3 for Nonnacedak and 3 for Farael. Four votes left, anybody can still end up devoured. I believe both Mith and Farael are really what they claim to be, but it's true that Charcharoth is most useful dead if they happen to kill a hero with them.

Edit: And cross-posted again... *sigh* I hadn't realized that Farael (if he's Carcharoth) might not have the chance to change his pick. And Kath has now voted for Nonnac.