The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #201
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Accuse Garin by all means Kath-for I intend to myself, I think increasingly-but don't do it on such specious grounds. It's clear that was a simple mistake, whether due to carelessness, madness, blindness or some kind of error, but I highly doubt, in this instance, wolvery. What's wolvish about making a total fool of yourself?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:06 PM   #202
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
Garin, I'm not dead, and I haven't dreamt of anyone.
Sorry, Roa I have little time and my parchments are in disarray. I would be more exact if our dear mods hadn't posted hours late.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:09 PM   #203
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Dear Kath, and any other potential accusers, I ask you to look at post #161 for my defence.

As for putting me in league with Garin, I am going to vote for our carpenter unless a much better defence is given. You're on thin ice, Garin. I suggest trying a little harder.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 02:10 PM   #204
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
My apologies Anguirel, but such slips have proved to be useful before.

And Garin, please don't blame the mods for your slip ups! The lateness of their posting actually means the list is closer to you now.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #205
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

I still suspect Ang, but his vote for a lycan makes me think him as innocent. Kill me , if you must, but I'll never behave as that idiot Shelob who voted for herself while being innocent. As I said...Disservice.... to the village.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:17 PM   #206
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

That was rude and more than a bit out of line, Garin. What we mistook for the desperation of a wolf trying to stay hidden was really the frustration of someone who knows she is telling the truth and isn't being listened to. Calling her a name for any reason is simply unacceptable.

I must be going for awhile. I need to attend my potions.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:18 PM   #207
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Kath, I love you but you have been behaving oddly.
You have yet to defend yourself against those who wish you dead.
So to get things going...
++Kath

Old 01-25-2006, 02:22 PM   #208
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
That was rude and more than a bit out of line, Garin. What we mistook for the desperation of a wolf trying to stay hidden was really the frustration of someone who knows she is telling the truth and isn't being listened to. Calling her a name for any reason is simply unacceptable.
We should also take into account that she almost certainly had the backing of the Seer, and what's worse, being extremely astute, probably knew she did. It must have been an almost insuperable temptation not to call tar-ancalime out as a Seer and save herself. Better, in a way, if she had done-we would still have a Hunter and a proven innocent as well. But in any case, she died for the village.

She was a soldier of Mejis. Honour her.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:23 PM   #209
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Roa: That was rude and more than a bit out of line, Garin. What we mistook for the desperation of a wolf trying to stay hidden was really the frustration of someone who knows she is telling the truth and isn't being listened to.
Any innocent who puts themself upon the slab deserves to die and is an IDIOT. Suicide is a sensitive subject with me and I shall not elaborate.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:24 PM   #210
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

(Garin, if you're speaking from IRL, me too, but it's really considered rather bad form to refer to that sort of thing to further your interests in a game...)
Old 01-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #211
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Garin, how exactly have I been behaving oddly? There is no point in mounting a huge defence because all I can say is 'I am innocent'. I have no way to prove it (other than my death which I would prefer not to happen) and anything else just gains you suspicion because you look so defensive. I don't mind people suspecting me, it gives me some protection from the wolves. Unless I was in danger of being lynched it isn't a problem.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:36 PM   #212
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Kath you haven't defended yourself against votes against you. You seem more defensive by the day. You haven't said much and all I ask of you is to say more. I hope you are innocent but want to hear more.

Old 01-25-2006, 02:41 PM   #213
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Ang: = (Garin, if you're speaking from IRL, me too, but it's really considered rather bad form to refer to that sort of thing to further your interests in a game...)
Agreed.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:11 PM   #214
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Let him who is without sin cast the first stone, as the actress said to the villager.

++GARIN
Old 01-25-2006, 03:25 PM   #215
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Holy Cow!! two gifted in one night! that really sucks I thought I would just check in.....I'll read over the posts and try to make some sense out of them...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:42 PM   #216
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

HHHmmmm I just noticed that Gandalf has only made three posts so far....And Wayne only four.
I'm not saying that's overly suspisious but......with all that's been happening I would like to hear a bit more from both of them,so I can get a grasp on where they stand.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:06 PM   #217
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

AbercrombieOfRohan has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to AbercrombieOfRohan
Ok, Garin's got my vote tonight and seems to me, to be almost certainly a wolf.

Now, let's not waste anymore time arguing about him. We still have another wolf to catch and we shouldn't squander our time.

Quote:
I'm not saying that's overly suspisious but......with all that's been happening I would like to hear a bit more from both of them,so I can get a grasp on where they stand.
Wouldn't we all... But Wayne has yet to say a lot in any game he's played in, so don't hold your breath. I've never played with Gandalf before so I've no idea what he's up to.

And now for something completely different... (speaking of which, my dear Tar, I never got a chance to mention how awesome it was that you used that quote in the game...I guess now you'll never know.)

Humphh...I've been re-reading Garin's old posts to see who else he mentions that could give some clue as to who his fellow wolf is. And there is one player that is continually cropping up, in fact, he also voted for her today, and that is Kath. (I know, I know, he mentioned me a few times as well, but since I know I'm innocent I can't really do anything about that, can I?) Now, I had Kath down as an innocent up until my re-reads. So, I'm off to re-read her posts. I thought I'd just put this out there for the rest of you to look at and see if you can see anything else suspicious about Kath's behaviour.
AbercrombieOfRohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:15 PM   #218
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Abercrombie, I can see why your reading of Garin's posts would suggest that, but he's only had it in for me since yesterday before the lynching. Before that he focused almost solely on Anguirel, who he suddenly seems to have backed away from. I hope your reread shows that.

Garin. I say a lot when I'm here. Remember tortoise herding is a slow job No seriously, I only have certain times when I have enough time available to me to come here and really join in. I could leave odd useless posts throughout the day but I prefer to make my contribution meaningful, which means I like to leave it until I have time to reply to any queries and really look at what's been going on.

Now, Abercrombie I agree, we do need to look for another wolf. If you decide it isn't me may I suggest we do look at Gandalf and Wayne because they really have barely been here and it may be that that's a perfect cover for a wolf because, with Wayne especially, we attribute it to merely being normal. Usually I would now say I'd go back and look at their posts, but there is barely anything to look at!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:32 PM   #219
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Valier: HHHmmmm I just noticed that Gandalf has only made three posts so far....And Wayne only four.
Silent ones should be punished due to disinterest in the village. I will vote for Wayne, Gandalf, of Abercrombie before the day is over, Ang has said little except vote for me, but I do not see how a wolf can kill another as with Thin. Anguirel is either a masterful wolf or an innocent, doubtfully a gifted.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:40 PM   #220
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
I will vote for Wayne, Gandalf, of Abercrombie before the day is over
I don't get it why do you vote without much thought then change it later on?
Are you trying to confuse us villagers?Keep us from finding a pattern?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #221
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

I could just be shooting in the dark. This is looking at Kath like she's a known wolf

Quote:
Anguirel is either a masterful wolf or an innocent, doubtfully a gifted.
Very doubtful. All the gifteds are dead.

Quote:
Abercrombie, I can see why your reading of Garin's posts would suggest that, but he's only had it in for me since yesterday before the lynching. Before that he focused almost solely on Anguirel, who he suddenly seems to have backed away from. I hope your reread shows that.
It does. However, I'm still posting this, not because I think it's particularly strong evidence, but because it's something to look at and keep in mind.

THE CASE AGAINST KATH

- Eonwe vote, she admits it is not really based in fact, but rather in spelling

- admits shock that Thin was a wolf, could be a double bluff

-
Quote:
Now I doubt that wolves would vote for one of their own on the first day so (by my reasoning)
Which, she didn't vote for a wolf ont he first day, she voted for an innocent.

-
Quote:
Garin - again very defensive. He has been consistent, voting for Anguirel on both days. This makes me think he might be innocent, as not many newbie wolves would stick so to their principles (at least in my opinion).
Weirdo reasoning anyone? This made me even more suspicious of him.

- Mentions me in passing. Just like Garin.

- vote for Wayne, after repeated suspicion of Shelob

- changes vote to Shelob

- is confused by Garin's continuing insistance of his suspicion of Shelob, points to her innocence, but perhaps since she knew that Shelob was innocent she was trying to not get caught by the whiplash (like today has produced against Garin)

- Garin says this about Kath,
Quote:
You've just been acting strange
and has repeated it since. I'm not sure if it means anything at all.

- Is one of the first today to be forcibly suspicious of Garin (this points to her innocence again), but it could of course be a double bluff, knowing that Garin was undoubtedly going to be lynched today.

- points to Roa

-
Quote:
Garin, how exactly have I been behaving oddly? There is no point in mounting a huge defence because all I can say is 'I am innocent'. I have no way to prove it (other than my death which I would prefer not to happen) and anything else just gains you suspicion because you look so defensive. I don't mind people suspecting me, it gives me some protection from the wolves. Unless I was in danger of being lynched it isn't a problem.
Maybe, maybe not...Innocent or no?

So, overall, I can't find any dead-set evidence against Kath, but nor can I label her "complete innocent." I'm usre that most of my evidence is just me grasping at straws, trying to come up with something. I just wanted to put it out there for the village to digest. I'm certainly not suggesting that we lynch her tomorrow, but just remember her... I sincerely hope that tonight's death shows us some evidence.

Oh, and I might as well vote now, because there's pretty much no way I'm not voting for Garin:

++GARIN
Old 01-25-2006, 04:41 PM   #222
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Pipe

Abercrombie:
Quote:
Ok, Garin's got my vote tonight and seems to me, to be almost certainly a wolf.
Now, let's not waste anymore time arguing about him. We still have another wolf to catch and we shouldn't squander our time.
Serious mistake and this is why I maintain my suspicion of you. I will cast my vote tonight, retractable of course, for ....
--Kath ++Abercrombie
On this day the only people who can say for certain that people are wolves, are indeed wolves. If/When I die an innocent please take this notion to heart.
Edit:I neglected to retract my Kath vote.

Last edited by Garin; 01-25-2006 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #223
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Silent ones should be punished due to disinterest in the village.
Now Garin I agree that silence is unhelpful but I'm not sure you can call it disinterest. It may well be a ploy simply to remain undetected or there could be other reasons we are not aware of or timezones. Please don't be quite so hasty to judge. I'm not defending silence as it irritates me too but even so.

Then you say that you'll vote for Wayne, Gandalf or Abercrombie. Have you forgotten that you've already voted for me? And why the sudden dropping of all suspicion against me since you were so sure earlier?

Finally, I wouldn't call Abercrombie quiet! Have you another reason for suspecting her?
Old 01-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #224
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Oh, and all of the above can only be taken as truthful, when we know for certain that Garin is a wolf.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #225
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Oh and Abercrombie - that first quote you have wasn't from me, I believe it was from Garin. Nice case though! But right now I would be seriously worried if I was working with Garin.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:45 PM   #226
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Abercrombie:
Serious mistake and this is why I maintain my suspicion of you. I will cast my vote tonight, retractable of course, for ....
++Abercrombie
On this day the only people who can say for certain that people are wolves, are indeed wolves. If/When I die an innocent please take this notion to heart.
Garin, I have no doubt that most of the village will vote for you. You've acted completely and ridiculously suspicious today. There is just too much evidence against you. Would you like me to explain it?

(Oh and if I'm stepping on anyone's toes, because they think that Garin isn't the most suspicious today, my apologies.)
Old 01-25-2006, 04:47 PM   #227
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Oh and Abercrombie - that first quote you have wasn't from me, I believe it was from Garin. Nice case though! But right now I would be seriously worried if I was working with Garin.
Jes, I know, I was just responding to him. Sorry I should've made that clearer.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:52 PM   #228
AbercrombieOfRohan
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sorry for the triple post

Quote:
Oh, and I might as well vote now, because there's pretty much no way I'm not voting for Garin:

++GARIN
Whoops, I forgot that day wasn't ending soon! I'm sorry for the rash vote. Well, I suppose it's not all that rash, but still, I wish I'd held out a little longer, in case anything new comes to light. I guess I probably would've voted for him anyways...
Old 01-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #229
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Garin, it seems fairly obvious that you'll be lynched by the end of this day, but your defense is disjointed and messy. You seem to not be paying very close attention, and were I in your position, I would on this thread like white on rice. Just to check, is something distracting you today? It seems terribly unfair for your chances to be ruined by a bad day. Whatever it is, you might want to pay a bit closer attention to who's posting what and when.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:55 PM   #230
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Jes, I know, I was just responding to him. Sorry I should've made that clearer.
Ah ok, thanks for that.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:01 PM   #231
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I should think that anyone blatantly attacked by Garin, whom we're pretty certain is a wolf, is less suspicious than those he hasn't attacked. Who hasn't Garin drawn attention to?

I'm going to go back through and see what I can gather.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:09 PM   #232
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Sting

Quote:
Roa: Garin, it seems fairly obvious that you'll be lynched by the end of this day, but your defense is disjointed and messy. You seem to not be paying very close attention, and were I in your position, I would on this thread like white on rice. Just to check, is something distracting you today?
Yes I am ill and at work and they recognize the Barrow Downs Page at work so my time for review is limited. I hope you do lynch me so you can find the wolf among my detractors.
However, I will never vote for myself.
I have retracted the Kath vote and voted for Aber. No one has given me a good enough reason for Wayne and Gandalf.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:14 PM   #233
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I have retracted the Kath vote and voted for Aber.
Yeah but you still haven't explained why you've suddenly stopped going after me. I mean, Abercrombie even gave you a full list of things I've said that could be taken wolvishly. What's up with that?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:15 PM   #234
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Roa: I should think that anyone blatantly attacked by Garin, whom we're pretty certain is a wolf,
Again, only wolves are truly certain at this point, the others can only guess. The seer is gone.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:20 PM   #235
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Yes Garin, which is presumably why she said pretty certain. Any chance I'm going to get an answer to that question tonight?
Old 01-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #236
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Shield

Quote:
Yeah but you still haven't explained why you've suddenly stopped going after me. I mean, Abercrombie even gave you a full list of things I've said that could be taken wolvishly. What's up with that?
I am an innocent yet my personality will always be wolfish. It is an easy vote for a wolf to make without being suspected. I think either Ang or Aber or wolves, or even Roan, or Wayne or Kath...
See, it would be idiotic to say for sure who is a wolf but some have dared to do so.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:23 PM   #237
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Here's an interesting pattern I found- Wayne posted a list of people he was suspicious of after Thin was lynched. Garin is the lowest name before his own. Also, Garin has on more than one ocassion demanded explanation for any votes for Wayne.

Now, when we're closely viewing Garin, Wayne is nowhere to be found, and Garin is suddenly distancing himself. I may be reading too much into it, but I see a definite connection between the two.

Quote:
Quote:
Roa: I should think that anyone blatantly attacked by Garin, whom we're pretty certain is a wolf,

Again, only wolves are truly certain at this point, the others can only guess. The seer is gone.
Fine, who is alledgedly a wolf....

Better?

Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 PM   #238
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Better?
Yes, better but it will be used against you when I am lynched.

Old 01-25-2006, 05:32 PM   #239
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
I am an innocent yet my personality will always be wolfish. It is an easy vote for a wolf to make without being suspected. I think either Ang or Aber or wolves, or even Roan, or Wayne or Kath...
See, it would be idiotic to say for sure who is a wolf but some have dared to do so.
But Garin you aren't giving us reasons why! If you would just tell us the reasoning behind these thoughts then maybe we would see the same things you do. The way you're reacting right now is the same as the way Shelob reacted last night, and look what happened to her! You're against suicide, ok, we got that, but the way you're behaving is guaranteed to get you killed!

Please, just give us some reasons!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #240
Garin
Shade of Carn Dûm

I am going on instinct, human instinct. Aber has cast votes against me and I know I am innocent. I suspect her due to her voting record and her knowingly targeting an innocent villager. Shelob has taught us a lesson that I have a problem learning. Perhaps, my death will bring us closer to the true wolves. Ang still disturbs me but must be a most masterful wolf if he is one.