The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #161
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
this is my only time to vote

++JennyHallu

i will explain my reasons when i return
Jenny! Your "strategy" seems to be biting you.

This is bad. Not fun gaming at all.

Even with that i will explain my reasons when i return attached...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-03-2006 at 08:45 AM. Reason: saw the "i will explain..." just after posting
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:45 AM   #162
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
What you seem not to have understood, is my point, that if the wolves are playing unfair game, we should ignore them (as well as quiet innocents). That way we might lose the game, but we would have played a fair game. So all the moral glory for us, and the shame to those who played without the spirit of playing and sharing the game!
No, that sort of passive aggression doesn't work. A victorious wolf is a creature without guilt.

If we suspect someone-quiet or loud-of being a traitor, we should slay them. And that's the end of that.

If you like we can adopt a seriously heavy-handed and risky, but undoubtedly amusing, approach and double-lynch Gil-Galad and Witch_Queen. But I rather doubt the result of such an action will be unalloyed victory...
Old 03-03-2006, 08:54 AM   #163
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
JennyHallu has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
I don't know what you're talking about, Nogrod. We have been given a single, unreasoned vote from someone who has posted only once in the game, and his comments seem to imply that he will not be back today.

If calm, reasoned, and courteous posts are not enough to convince people of my innocence when accused wildly, on the basis of an error, by one near-silent player and one all-too-vocal one, I don't know what is. I would respond to Gil's vote in my defense, but he has left me nothing to defend.

Nogrod has questioned my personal honesty, in the rudest terms, over and over again, and accepts no explanation for an error. He has even gone so far as to analyse the time between my posts in an attempt to prove I lied about a cross-posting. Yet he expects us to accept his wild and unpredictable accusations, and the terms in which he couches them.

Yes, Nogrod. This is a case of your word, versus my word. But frankly, your total denial of any chance of an error on my part, and an over-reaction on yours, comes across to me as very suspicious.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Anguirel. Really, I swear.
Old 03-03-2006, 08:55 AM   #164
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
If you like we can adopt a seriously heavy-handed and risky, but undoubtedly amusing, approach and double-lynch Gil-Galad and Witch_Queen. But I rather doubt the result of such an action will be unalloyed victory...
That's just the opposite of what I would now want! I was saying more like ignore them (at some point of the game), not: dramatically lynch them at the instant!

Understanding others shouldn't be this difficult...

But really about Gil's vote + message. If his bases for his vote are very intricate and subtle - and he's in a hurry - one could understand the "i'll explain later" -thing. But I would have liked to see even one word of reason, why is he just voting and leaving - and has not been posting practically anything to this moment.

X-posted with Jenny
Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 AM   #165
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyHallu
I don't know what you're talking about, Nogrod. We have been given a single, unreasoned vote from someone who has posted only once in the game, and his comments seem to imply that he will not be back today.

If calm, reasoned, and courteous posts are not enough to convince people of my innocence when accused wildly, on the basis of an error, by one near-silent player and one all-too-vocal one, I don't know what is. I would respond to Gil's vote in my defense, but he has left me nothing to defend.
I'm about totally agreeing with you on this Jenny! I do think that vote by Gil was unfair and bad gaming! I do not think you earned that vote! I only took on joking because you had just earlier defended that kind of gaming (that Gil plays) as a strategy as good as any...

Quote:
Nogrod has questioned my personal honesty, in the rudest terms, over and over again, and accepts no explanation for an error. He has even gone so far as to analyse the time between my posts in an attempt to prove I lied about a cross-posting. Yet he expects us to accept his wild and unpredictable accusations, and the terms in which he couches them.

Yes, Nogrod. This is a case of your word, versus my word. But frankly, your total denial of any chance of an error on my part, and an over-reaction on yours, comes across to me as very suspicious.
I thought that I was the one who was defined the uptight one here...

I have not refused anything so far. I've just said, that in the end there's just one's word. And I guess that's what this game is about, seeing, who trusts who's word. I do not boast to know, what do you really think - as I think you can't boast on my thoughts. I think it is totally possible that you have not lied a bit. It's probably even more probable, judging the situation at the moment.

And. I've not demanded anyone to "accept my accusations". I've told this already. I want to see, where there are little discrepancies, possible falsehoods etc. and what could be made out of them + show them to everyone to make their own judgements about them.

I'm not accusing you Jenny! Try to understand!!! At this stage I couldn't accuse anyone. I might suspect Valier and Naria, but of the first I haven't anything solid, and with the other I'm coming to suspect her less and less...

But your post really got me thinking. Do I express myself so differently than you, that you all really can't see what I'm doing? I'll have to think about this, and would really like to hear some comments. Or then you just don't read my posts...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-03-2006 at 09:14 AM. Reason: added one sentence
Old 03-03-2006, 09:18 AM   #166
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I see what you've been doing, and I've tried desperately to dilute it.

Jenny has a rather cogent point that you use methods rather inquisitorial in intensity; and I must say that your frequent disclaimers exacerbate them.

Perhaps I'm a peculiar case, but every time I hear a phrase like "no offense" in this game, my hackles rise. Lord above, we're accusing each other of murder, impersonation and Arda knows what; insisting that we don't mean no trouble, guv'nor, is quite, quite redundant.

As for your bizarre approach to the quietness of some; you suggest ignoring them and pretending they aren't there, all to gain a point about sportsmanship. I was merely attempting to make an illogical case into a logical one; don't pretend they're not there, ensure they're not there by hanging the blighters. If you think about it, the two cases aren't so diverse; it's just that mine is active and yours passive. I don't like or trust passivity.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:28 AM   #167
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Anguirel, thanks for your response.

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Perhaps I'm a peculiar case, but every time I hear a phrase like "no offense" in this game, my hackles rise. Lord above, we're accusing each other of murder, impersonation and Arda knows what; insisting that we don't mean no trouble, guv'nor, is quite, quite redundant.
Sure we are. But at this stage we just shoot in the dark and see what comes down and what stays up. But I would use the word "accuse" on something more solid. Not to talk of "demanding to accept".

Quote:
As for your bizarre approach to the quietness of some; you suggest ignoring them and pretending they aren't there, all to gain a point about sportsmanship. I was merely attempting to make an illogical case into a logical one; don't pretend they're not there, ensure they're not there by hanging the blighters. If you think about it, the two cases aren't so diverse; it's just that mine is active and yours passive. I don't like or trust passivity.
Well. Taking two quiet ones out by voting plays to the hands of the wolves, at least at the later stages of the game, and it is totally random - which surely suits the wolves. I wouldn't mind losing a game to a bad-sport.

Kitchen and RL human company awaits. I'll be back before the vote, hopefully with something about Valier. She hasn't appeared this day though. What might be the reason? Maybe timezones? Would have to check that too...

Last edited by Nogrod; 03-03-2006 at 09:30 AM. Reason: quote-boxes corrected
Old 03-03-2006, 09:33 AM   #168
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Largely to Nogrod but also to Thinlomien...I worry that the smaller fishes are intimidated by the vast leviathans of your posting they have to wade through.

For the good of us all, I would suggest a little more concision-and please no schizophrenia!-in order to ensure a more varied contribution tomorrow. I fear today we may have quite a few non-voters.

I myself will be voting two hours early for reasons related to that fearsome werewolf that goes by the name of Life.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #169
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlomien
Some people have accused me today because of my vote. I honestly ask you: if I were a wolf, why would I want to be more connected to THE Ka than I already was (=she voted me)? Wouldn't I want not to be connected to her in any way? I personally think that the wolves would try to avoid being connected with their fellow WWs. Maybe later on, when there's less people left, they would take contact on each other, but on first day, it would be totally unnecessary and unnecessarily dangerous for them. So in my logic it isn't sure that some wolf voted for THE Ka, though I don't say it's unprobable. Maybe the wolves just don't use same logic as I do. Besides, if I were a wolf, why would THE Ka have voted for me? I think it's too risky for a wolf to cast the first vote on fellow WW on the first day. She said she had flipped a coin, but surely she could have said it showed WQ if I happened to be her fellow WW?
I can't be on long (I'm working) but I read this and had to reply. I find this argument interesting, since not so long ago there was a story about a wolf named Ang who voted for his fellow wolf named Thin on the very first day, and got her lynched. He thus avoided suspicion till the very last day. If Val ever comes on, she was there to see it.

Also, about the quiet ones- if someone does not post with in two days, they are not playing the game, and the great MOD-GOD of Awesomeness should remove that person. Not posting=not playing, unless one has given a reason in the other thread concerning one's absence. I think Val left one for herself, and I believe it says she'll return before the end of today. I don't think W_Q is intentionally not posting as a tactic, (I like to give my fellow players more credeit than that) but the fact remains she isn't playing. She could easily see the start date on the other thread, and if she signed up for it, she should take responsibility in checking it. If she thought this would happen, she shouldn't have joined.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 03-03-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Identifying the quote
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #170
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
Thank you for everyone who has wished me a Happy Birthday!
Now for all of this Nogrod essay-writing and rhetoric-pointing garble. (And yes, I do find it very silly that I will be using quotes to start my points. Especially starting with: )

Quote:
What is downright suspicious (on both moral and wolvish standards), is going to vote for someone, who's posts you haven't read -
Now you pointed out yourself that I posted, what? An hour and a half before call time? To be honest, I'm a very slow reader and even if I had wanted to I could not have read the ENTIRE mass of posts on Day one. I did, however, get to the first half (or there abouts) and found that your call to action on post #10 (which is your first, as you well know.) was rather like jumping the gun. So if by having a currently busy life (Which I did mention in the WWJr thread) I am suspicious.

Quote:
- accusing that one with false grounds, while hiding one's own intents by rhetoric that one herself denies two sentences later!
How do you mean false grounds and hiding my own intent? I do believe you might like to take a job with a newspaper, as I have yet to enlighten anyone my intent in this woe-begotten village. That 'quickness' was in referance to how soon it was mentioned, and if I may say so an hour and a half before time is up is not soon to anything. I was pressed for time, whereas - by your page and a half to two page responses on four to six sentence posts - I'd say you are unfamiliar with.

Obviously right now I am not as pressed for time.

Quote:
I know, that a detailed defence is overall susceptable. But in this instance - last 1˝ hours bandwagon of three, with myself no possibility of answering, kind of justifies my analysis. And because one of these must be a wolf (my "hunch", this time... ), there could be something there.
I'm not trying to vindicate everyone in this bandwagon, because I also feel that its fishy. I had no intention of it being one at all, knowing that I was close to the (pun-roll, please) deadline, I assumed that I would probably be the last of two to vote. The fact that I mentioned that I was "just expressing my hunch" meant that I knew that my choice would not the the one lynched. And you weren't, now, were you?

Quote:
So why is she clad in the mist of rhetoric (including downright lies!), and why the false accusations?
Lies? I see no lies. They are mere willow-wisps of your imagination. I'm sure that you are drastic. Right now I look a little drastic myself with this monsterous piece of literature et al. Just because it is my perception doesn't make it a lie.

Besides, this game is of perception and the corruption of it through alibi. Sure I could be making this whole bit up and just because, say, I don't like the letter N means that I'm going to bump you off instead of any hunch that I might have mentioned. (Though I am actually quite fond of the letter N.)

Quote:
this is not like a birthday gift, but I'd like to mention, that I really am beginning to think, that you are the least suspicious one of the three of you...
Thank you.
But you're still my top suspect. : (
Old 03-03-2006, 10:11 AM   #171
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
I can't be on long (I'm working) but I read this and had to reply. I find this argument interesting, since not so long ago there was a story about a wolf named Ang who voted for his fellow wolf named Thin on the very first day, and got her lynched. He thus avoided suspicion till the very last day. If Val ever comes on, she was there to see it.

Also, about the quiet ones- if someone does not post with in two days, they are not playing the game, and the great MOD-GOD of Awesomeness should remove that person. Not posting=not playing, unless one has given a reason in the other thread concerning one's absence. I think Val left one for herself, and I believe it says she'll return before the end of today. . .
I did see it, and it is eerie, though I have my suspicions elsewhere at this time.

Yes, I did leave a note saying that I will be back for... well now. And I am! See? Though I might also be needing part of this weekend (parties are hard in the middle of the week.)

For the best of the game, and nothing personal against W_Q it is rather upsetting when someone does not post at all in the first two days of this game. I wonder if she is unable to get to a computer, or online? (Remembering that the Mod-god Sleepy himself was internet-less for a while, perhaps the same thing has happened to W_Q). If she is unable, then it doesn't do us very much good for her to be in the game, but if she does show up here soon I would like to hear the reason of her absence just as much as everyone else.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:16 AM   #172
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
(Remembering that the Mod-god Sleepy himself was internet-less for a while, perhaps the same thing has happened to W_Q).
I remember that too, but Sleepy was gracious enough to step down and give his chance of modding to Glirdan and Gil-galad, who did implement the no-posting rule. (That being that if someone fails to post in two days time, the are removed from the game.) If W_Q thought something would happen, she shouldn't have signed up. If it's an unforseen technical difficulty, then I understand the problems of that. But the fact remains she isn't playing, and should be removed.

Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #173
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
1.THE Ka - Thinlomien (Thin-1)
2. Holbytlass - Naria(Thin-1, Naria-1)
3. Eonwe - littlemanpoet(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1)
4. littlemanpoet - THE Ka(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-1)
5. Nogrod - Roa_Aoife (Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-1, Roa-1)
6. Roa_Aoife - THE Ka(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-2, Roa-1)
7. Encaitare - THE Ka(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-3, Roa-1)
8. Thinlomien - THE Ka(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-4, Roa-1)
9. JennyHallu - THE Ka(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-5, Roa-1)
10. Anguirel - Holbytlass(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-5, Roa-1, Holby-1)
11. Valesse - Nogrod(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-5, Roa-1, Holby-1, Nogrod-1)
12. Valier - Nogrod(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-5, Roa-1, Holby-1, Nogrod-2)
13. Naria - Nogrod(Thin-1, Naria-1, elempi-1, TheKa-5, Roa-1, Holby-1, Nogrod-3)
No vote: Witch Queen, Gil-Galad

Don't find suspicious at this moment: Anguriel,Nogrod (despite the heated posts) and Roa_Aoife.

Valesse I'm leaning towards less suspicious 'cause at the time of her vote there were plenty of others to vote for if she were a wolf. Gil-Galad and WitchQueen I put in this group for now because I don't see wolves being this downright unvocal and bringing undo suspicion on themselves.

Naria I find a bit more suspicious because I was already more so and her "safe" bandwagon vote doesn't speak well for her right now. Thinlomien is here because of her voting position and there is the possibility that THEKa voted for a fellow wolf early on to establish seperating themselves, but then things took off on THEKa.

Eonwe and Valier mild suspicion, both their votes seem like safe "innocent villager doing their best" but could be clever timing. Enca is mildly suspected just cause of the voting placement.

I have not had a chance to go back and check to see if people had voted for who they thought were suspicious all along.

At this point: my main suspects are Naria and Thinlomien

Last edited by Holbytlass; 03-03-2006 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fixing the underlining-should only be under THEKa
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:20 AM   #174
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Location: In my luxury Barrow, snuggled up in a pile of satin pillows, eating fresh fruit.
Send a message via ICQ to JennyHallu Send a message via AIM to JennyHallu Send a message via MSN to JennyHallu Send a message via Yahoo to JennyHallu
A two-days rule does give W_Q just under three hours to arrive and enter the game. I think this sounds reasonable--let's wait for some more villagers to chime in on the point, and perhaps appeal to Sleepy at the end of the Day.

Please correct me if I'm mistaken, but is Gil the only one to have voted today?

EDIT: xpost with Holby.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:52 AM   #175
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
SOrry I'm so late at coming in but Rl has been busy.this Day is cOnfusing me! Ok so I agree that Witch_Queen should probably be lynched, I don't know if she has played before and might not know whats going on.But I am really leaning towards Nogrod again. He seems overly suspisious of the people who voted for him. His long winded posts are hard to read and the are always aggressive. I do not find this makes the game fun at all! I think we should lynch him now and get rid of our suspisions. If we don't I'm not sure I will ever get over my thoughts of him being a wolf. I don't see any cases that were brought up today as overly suspisious, but I will postpone my vote for now in case someone comes up with a better plan.
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 10:58 AM   #176
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Well, I must vote about now, and I haven't really the time to mount such an impressive case as yesterday, hem hem...

But basically, the Lady Encaitare worries me. So quick to definitively analyse her own bandwagon (and to do it so well, too) thereby effortlessly sliding from the public gaze.

So little noted among the struggle that has dominated this long day-that is, Nogrod against the world.

Such a beautifully positioned vote.

If this only causes a few glances to shift momentarily in a fresh direction, I shall be glad.

++ENCAITARE
Old 03-03-2006, 10:59 AM   #177
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

My time toDay has basically ran out, so I will have to vote.

I do find Thin suspicious, but no so much that I will cast my vote against her. Rather, I will be keeping with yesterDay's vote for Nogrod because I am uncomfortable with his urgency (EI: the dynamic finger pointing).

It does bother me that he framed his reason why he is innocent about how those who voted for him did so in basically all the same ways (poor rhetoric, lying) which one might also be able to say about some of his essays. It seems wolfish to me to make an alibi based on blame other than addressing the reasons you were mentioned in the first place.

++ NOGROD

Last edited by Valesse; 03-03-2006 at 11:01 AM. Reason: grammar
Valesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #178
Encaitare
Bittersweet Symphony

Encaitare is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Writing as I read along, as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny
A) Quietness is not necessarily cheating. It is one strategy among many, and it doesn't make her any safer. And, as far as we know, WQ may not have even realized the game has started.
I just checked WQ’s profile, and the last time she signed on was February 27th. Maybe she’s not a total Downs addict like some of us, but that’s quite a time not to sign on, especially knowing that a game was going to start soon.

Gil’s vote for Jenny is odd – not necessarily even the recipient of the vote, but in the fact that he doesn’t say a word and then jumps in with a vote, saying he will explain later. Maybe he’s had a lot of RL conflicts, but I’d like more to back up the vote, and his tone implies that he won’t be back toDay.

Right now I am most suspicious of Valesse (though I am glad she has finally posted, her posts were largely self-defense), Gil-Galad (for his hasty and as of yet unexplained vote), and Valier (because her posts have very little susbstance to them).

I shall vote for

++Valier

because her posts largely seem to echo what others say (going along with the Nogrod suspicion), and aren’t particularly helpful. She could be a wolf just coasting and hoping to keep a low profile by acting confused. Tomorrow, I shall pay special attention to WQ and Gil.
Encaitare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #179
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Oh, by the way, I agree with the general view that Witch_Queen should be automatically slaughtered at the end of toDay...particularly in view of Enca's discovery.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:12 AM   #180
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ka Analysis
1st post – Calls for discussion
2nd – Suspicious of Thin and W_Q, not suspicious of Valesse, Jenny, and Roa, votes Thin.

It’s almost a shame that we got her so soon. She doesn’t leave much of a trail to follow. I notice that the only people mentioned are female. She said that Jenny, Val, and I escape suspicion for posting, but she neglects to mention Ang, Naria, Eonwe, LMP, Nogrod, Valier, Enca, Holbytlass, and Gil-galad. The people who posted after her first post and weren’t mentioned were Naria, LMP, Valier, Nogrod, and Ang. As I said, she left little trail. Sleepy may have sold her out so to speak, but she was clever in her dealings.

I honestly don't think Nogrod is being wolfish. I thinks he's just being himself. This is more like his general behavior than anything else. I think Ang may be on to something, as the analysis I provided earlier may show you. I still don't know however. Everything's very iffy right now.

Edit:Cross posted with Enca and Ang. I also think W_Q should be thrown out for non-participation.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:23 AM   #181
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enca

because her posts largely seem to echo what others say (going along with the Nogrod suspicion), and aren’t particularly helpful.
Actually to point it out I was the first one to have suspisions of Nogrod.I just got beaten to the first vote for him.

Quote:
Right now I am most suspicious of Valesse (though I am glad she has finally posted, her posts were largely self-defense), Gil-Galad (for his hasty and as of yet unexplained vote), and Valier (because her posts have very little susbstance to them).
How come if you are most suspisious of Valesse do you vote for me?

aLso I have had prOblems in other games for my"little substance posts" I am always like this! I find it hard some times to analysis these huge posts. I do try though and I would like to point out that in all my past liVes I was always on the right trail when I followEd my gut. I find it easier as the days go by to post with More substancE.

Last edited by Valier; 03-03-2006 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 03-03-2006, 11:38 AM   #182
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I was curious and decided to do this one on my own.

Valier Analysis
Day 1
1st post - Opening nonsense post
2nd – Questions LMP’s suspicions, throws out some nonsense accusations of her own.
3rd – Defends accent, thinks Sleepy’s posts won’t be that helpful. Says suspicions will be random.
4th – Distrust Nogrod. Doesn’t want to lynch Thin.
5th – Thinks a traitor would hide in the open, trusts no one, gut feeling about Nogrod.
6th – Doesn’t think Sleepy would put in too much info for today.
7th – Votes Nogrod. Looks at Sleepy’s writings.

Day 2
1st post – Summarizes Ka’s posting, Still suspects Nogrod
2nd – Agrees in lynching W_Q. Still leaning towards Nogrod.
3rd – Defends against vote and accusation by Enca

Old 03-03-2006, 11:40 AM   #183
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Sounds right Roa! That is all I've done in a nut shell! I know I just want to lynch Nogrod! If he is an Ordo or a gifted I guess I will have some 'splainin to do.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:41 AM   #184
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valier, if anything, stays consistent in her attempts to get Nogrod lynched. I find it interesting that she thinks traitors would hide in the open, but looks at Nogrod rather than Thin. Why was that?

Old 03-03-2006, 11:42 AM   #185
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
I won't be back so I vote

++Thinlomien

Also agree to taking out Witch_Queen for nonparticipating.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #186
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa

Valier, if anything, stays consistent in her attempts to get Nogrod lynched. I find it interesting that she thinks traitors would hide in the open, but looks at Nogrod rather than Thin. Why was that?
uuumm I guess to tell the truth did not want Thinlo to go on the first day...every game I have played with her she dies so quick Ordo or not. So I guess I wanted to keep her around for one more day and then if a good case arose against her I would look at her then.
Old 03-03-2006, 11:47 AM   #187
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

And just so we all know:

The vote stands

Jenny- Gil-galad
Enca – Ang
Nogrod – Val
Valier – Enca
Thin – Holby

Old 03-03-2006, 11:51 AM   #188
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I find I must be leaving for now. Thin and Valier are at the top of my suspicions, though I'm still not certain. So for the time being,

++Valier

EDIT: I won't be posting for the remainder of the day.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:59 AM   #189
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

why is it that in every game I play people comment on my lack of good posts, then when I try to help the village out, I always get a bunch of votes for me with no good reasOns behind them?
Old 03-03-2006, 12:04 PM   #190
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Now some really short reply's (this computer is going to be in use of another gamer in just a while) - I'll leave my vote, still, until the end.

Not quoting or anything now.

Valesse. Don't you worry. You clearly haven't read what I have written, but no offence taken (well, a little bit nasty one that vote you gave me, but anyhow). You do what you see best to do. That's all. I'm not suspecting you anymore (at least more than anyone other). Check also the end-part of my post #165.

But to Valier's, and others interest, notice, a small piece I wrote earlier #143, 148 or something...

Quote:
Accusatory? Quick to jump to conclusions?
Not at all! What I'm trying to do, is to find hints, possibilities, oddities, revealing rhetoric, deceptions, lies etc. and try to see, whether I could build anything up from them. Then I try to point these out for everyone to see and look for themselves. What other way we villagers can work against the wolves?
Please pay heed to this. I'm working here, not running riot! My style may be a bit aggressive, but that's also a way to get those wolves up and on defence! I have very readily admitted any basic misunderstandments (? - broken English) and apologized.

Sorry. That's my style. I just hope, no-one is taking this in too personal level (I had those doubts this evening, and am truly sorry about anything so badly misunderstood: I'm playing a game, not attacking RL persons!)

So: my Really short reply...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #191
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
I am agreeing with everyone about Sleepy taking WQ off of the player's list. She has yet to post and if it is RL things that have come up, she should have at least put it on the wwj thread. But just in case this plea does not work I will vote:

++Witch-Queen

I have other suspicions but will take a closer look at their posts after game time. Hopefully, I will be a little more enlightened by the third DAY.
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:16 PM   #192
JennyHallu
The Pearl, The Lily Maid

Ang, I must confess your vote confuses me. I'll admit that your argument is as valid as some others put forward today, but you seem to be basing it on your feeling that Enca's analysis was concise and thorough.

Not seeing a big basis for suspicion there. I am not dismissing Anguirel as a suspect, but am inclined to believe him innocent. I would, however, dearly love to see a more thorough explanation for your vote.

I have also noticed that not one of us has looked at Roa, but have accepted her extensive analyses at face value. I don't know if this is a problem or not, but I don't want to let a wolf slip by due to complacency. Eonwe is also getting very little attention.

Gil's silence and reason-less vote are disturbing, and I hope he is able to explain himself tomorrow.

Nogrod, however, is frustrating to deal with, posts often and loudly, and accuses people of wolvishness over the barest nothings. I would like to think he is innocent, but it would be easy for a wolf to hide in a persona so loud and so paranoid the villagers dismiss him.

If you are innocent, Nogrod, I am sorry, but you have been obscuring every issue.

++Nogrod
Old 03-03-2006, 12:23 PM   #193
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Votes so far

Nogrod=2
Jenny=1
Enca=1
Thinlo=1
Valier= 2
W_Q=1

5 votes left including the Witch_Queen
Old 03-03-2006, 12:26 PM   #194
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
I don't deny this scenario! I know it happened. But Anguirel's vote wasn't the first one! I had many votes already, and it was pretty certain that I was going to be lynched. There's a big difference. Ang didn't spot me from all people and start voting for me. I hope you understand my logic.

I see I'm accused a lot because of my babbling yesterday and the bandwagoning. I'm sorry if the babbling irritated you, but I think it's much better than Gil-like hiding. I don't want to be silent just for the reason I would be suspected if I wasn't! And should I have voted someone else than THE Ka just to be less suspicious, regardless of that I believed in Roa's theory about her wolvishness? Sorry, comrades, but I don't understand.

And as for my suspicions, I really don't have an idea! Strangely, it was easier yesterday. My vote might be quite random, if I won't get any good ideas when rereading the posts.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:37 PM   #195
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Well fellow-villagers.

It's 2-2 between me and Valier.

Valier will surely vote for me - she's been counting on it from the first day. As a self-defence - and she being my first suspect - I will naturally vote back. With double lynchings, it will be both of us off with three votes.

Think about your decisions...

Good luck, everyone. My computer now changing hand once again.

++ Valier
Old 03-03-2006, 12:42 PM   #196
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Okay, if Valier's gonna vote Nogrod as he predicted, the it's me and Eonwe there to decide, will we agree the double-lynching. If they're both (Valier and Nogrod) innocents or gifteds, it's a big loss to the village. So, Eonwe, what do you say? I don't want to make the decision alone if it's not necessary. I don't believe that both Valier and Nogrod are wolves, so in my opinion it doesn't make sense to lynch them both, but now I'm wondering which one is more probably a wolf. Eonwe, I think I need your co-operation.

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-03-2006 at 12:43 PM. Reason: added one "not"
Old 03-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #197
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:

Valier will surely vote for me - she's been counting on it from the first day. As a self-defence - and she being my first suspect
I have definately not been couting on this as you say!!!!! This is what I mean when I say you eerk me!!! How do you know??? I will vote for you eventually as I planned to today but, I ASSURE you I am no wolf!!!!!! And I don't need a self-defence against you!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:49 PM   #198
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I just realise it might be triple lynch (WQ included) today! If we don't catch wolves, that's definitely bad!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:53 PM   #199
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Please voters who's left, don't leave this as a triple lynch!!!! I will vote Nogrod because I just gotta know!!!! P.S the wolf is not me!!!

++Nogrod
Old 03-03-2006, 12:55 PM   #200
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Ok. This is my decision. I won't let the village lynch three people one day. It's too much profit for the wolves.

++Valier

I have no idea whether she's a wolf or not. To me, Nogrod is as suspicious as she is. The only reason I vote for her is just that I believe if Nogrod's innocent he will contribute much more to the village than innocent-Valier would. Sorry, Valier, but he has been making more insightful posts than you have. And thanks for compassion .

Last edited by Thinlómien; 03-03-2006 at 12:56 PM. Reason: I don't call Valier it, do I??