The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-27-2006, 01:13 PM   #1721
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
T please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #1722
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
IT'S MAD

"I'm/ ----i--/ m-/ ---s/ ----/ a-d/ I'--/ ----s-/ ---/ ----/ I/ -i-d/ ---/ t-/ s-it/ m-/."
Old 04-28-2006, 09:44 AM   #1723
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
"u"s, please.
Old 04-28-2006, 01:27 PM   #1724
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

MUST AID

"I'm/ ----i--/ m-/ ---s/ ----/ a-d/ I'--/ ----s-/ ---/ ----/ I/ -i-d/ ---/ t-/ suit/ m-/."
Old 04-29-2006, 08:58 AM   #1725
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"r"s, please.
Old 04-29-2006, 09:52 AM   #1726
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

No R's at all, I'm afraid.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:22 AM   #1727
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
E, please
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Old 04-29-2006, 02:05 PM   #1728
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

USA TIMED (no R)

"I'm/ -ee-i--/ m-/ e-es/ --e-/ a-d/ I'--/ ----se/ --e/ --e-/ I/ -i-d/ --e/ t-/ suit/ me/."
Old 04-29-2006, 04:20 PM   #1729
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

P, please

Actually, I've deciphered enough words to find the quote - if only I could find it! I've skimmed through all the minor works attempting to do so, with no success so far. Could you give just a tiny clue, perhaps whether it's a work of prose or poetry? That would narrow down the search.

Last edited by Estelyn Telcontar; 04-30-2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:31 PM   #1730
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"I'm/ -eepi--/ m-/ e-es/ -pe-/ a-d/ I'--/ ----se/ --e/ --e-/ I/ -i-d/ --e/ t-/ suit/ me/."

No poetry. I don't want to waste your precious time, so I tell you that it's from "Smith of Wootton Major"
Old 04-30-2006, 02:53 PM   #1731
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Ah, it took a very thorough reading, but I finally found it, thanks to your clue!
Quote:
I'm keeping my eyes open and I'll choose one when I find one to suit me.
The Master Cook in Smith of Wootton Major, speaking of a possible apprentice
Old 05-02-2006, 01:52 AM   #1732
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, that's right.
Perhaps it was a bit too short and obscure, but I thought it was applicable to the finding of quotes for this game
Old 05-02-2006, 04:49 AM   #1733
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

No problem - finding a fairly obscure quote gets me to study the works more closely and to find something I hadn't remembered! I enjoy that - and can ask for hints when I'm really stumped, like this time. And it is a very appropriate quote! Now for a new one:
Quote:
--- -- --- ----? --- -- ---- -----, -------- - --?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:44 AM   #1734
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
"r's?
Old 05-02-2006, 05:47 AM   #1735
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

1 R

--- -- --- ----? --- -- ---- -----, ---r---- - --?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:55 AM   #1736
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

I'd like to have the A's please
Old 05-03-2006, 05:41 AM   #1737
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
"n's, please.
Old 05-03-2006, 05:54 AM   #1738
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

1r 1a 2n

--- -- --- ----? --- -- n-n- ---a-, ---r---- - --?
Old 05-03-2006, 12:45 PM   #1739
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

S perhaps ?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #1740
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

+1s

--- -- --- ----? --- -- n-n- s--a-, ---r---- - --?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #1741
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Nothing revealing so far!!

How about my favourite O ?
Old 05-03-2006, 01:53 PM   #1742
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

5 O

--- -o -o- ----? --- -o non- s--a-, ---r---- - -o?
Old 05-03-2006, 02:09 PM   #1743
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

W's please !

Edit: don't need them after all :

"Why do you hide? Why do none speak, wherever I go?" ( From the Sea-Bell)

Last edited by Guinevere; 05-03-2006 at 02:56 PM. Reason: found it !
Guinevere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:49 AM   #1744
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Guinevere, you're incredible! So few letters and such an obscure quote - I can't believe that you already got it! Applause... no - standing ovations!

(The quote reminds me of an empty chat room or a thread on which nothing is happening... )
Old 05-05-2006, 01:38 PM   #1745
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thank you for the flowers, Esty! (and yes, the quote was very applicable!)

"-------/ ------/ ----/ -------/, --/ --/ ---'-/ ----/ ----/ -----/."
Old 05-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #1746
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Let's start off with my traditional favorite this time: S, please
Old 05-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #1747
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"------s/ -----s/ ----/ ------s/, --/ --/ ---'-/ ----/ ----/ ---s-/."
Old 05-05-2006, 02:01 PM   #1748
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Every S needs a T

T-time! As a matter of fact, it's always T-time for S T!
Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM   #1749
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-----ts/ -----s/ ----/ ------s/, --/ --/ ---'t/ ----/ t---/ ---st/."
Old 05-06-2006, 08:33 AM   #1750
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Rs?
Old 05-06-2006, 08:54 AM   #1751
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"u"s?
Old 05-06-2006, 12:18 PM   #1752
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

R added, but no U , sorry!

"-----ts/ -----s/ ----/ -r----s/, --/ --/ ---'t/ ----/ t---/ --rst/."
Old 05-06-2006, 12:38 PM   #1753
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

I Spy

Any Is?
Old 05-06-2006, 01:30 PM   #1754
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"--i--ts/ -----s/ -i--/ -r----s/, i-/ --/ ---'t/ -i--/ t---/ -irst/."
Old 05-08-2006, 07:54 AM   #1755
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"f"s?
Old 05-08-2006, 09:13 AM   #1756
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

N-y Ns?
Old 05-08-2006, 12:53 PM   #1757
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

"-ni--ts/ -----s/ -i--/ -r---ns/, if/ --/ --n't/ -i--/ t---/ first/."
Old 05-09-2006, 06:01 AM   #1758
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

"o"s?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:48 AM   #1759
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Not necessary - the first word gave it away.

Quote:
Knights always kill dragons, if we don't kill them first.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:45 PM   #1760
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Thumbs up

Yes, well done Esty!