The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-26-2007, 08:32 AM   #121
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Okay.

Rikae 2
Menel 2
Celuien 3
Kitanna 1
Sixth 1
Legate 1

That means 14 votes still to come or undeclared... It's not going too well for us if we think of gathering some information from these toMorrow...

wow how did i miss so many...
Old 04-26-2007, 08:36 AM   #122
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Umm. I replied to Kitanna's question yesterday evening and went to bed. Then I mulled things over while eating breakfast this morning, emailed my vote, and then came here to see Eomer's comment. In other words, what he said had nothing to do with my vote.

What she said seemed too confusing, and after I replied, almost seemed like a vampire fishing for input on roles. Which I didn't think of until later.

I apologize if I didn't explain that enough before. It's a result of trying to run out the door to get to work in the morning and also trying to fit some sleep in between getting home from work and going back in the morning.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:43 AM   #123
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Legate's vote for Six is odd. Not only does it look like a throw away (is anybody else particularly suspicious of Six now?), but also the extremely hidden way in which he made it looks bad to me.

Even though I am quite suspicious of Rikae, I don't like to vote for her, because in the past lynching the one who looks most obviously strange was usually not a good idea. They're usually misguided innocents instead of wolves. Most wolves have learned to play more careful.

I can see the points raised against Celuien, but she didn't say very much overall today, so I would prefer leaving her for tomorrow.

I'd like to vote for somebody who is being more sneaky today, probably Menel or Legate.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:46 AM   #124
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I went and checked both Menel's and Celuien's posts, and I think I will vote for Celuien (and feel myself a newbie-who-doesn't-think-with-her-own-brain as I'll be the fourth person in a row to vote for her). Her posts made sense, in a way, but she just seems to be (like Boromir said about Legate) too nice for my liking, and the uncomfortable feeling hasn't left anywhere.
I don't know what to make out of her last post, but it isn't actually saying anything that might change my opinion about her previous posts.

++ Celuien

edit: x'd with Macalaure.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 AM   #125
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife
It's mildly insulting that you suggest I would try to get you lynched simply because it's you, and not because there's any real suspcion against you. The fact is that your case against Rikae is full of holes that show you are either lying or you didn't read the thread very well before you accused her. Since you offered no excuse in that area, I must assume it is the former. And this is hardly the inisistance used in the last game. I just pointed out the faultiness in your case. Your reaction of "suspecting her because she suspects me" is almost as flimsy. Even if you are innocent, which I have not ruled out this time either, narrowing your views this way is hardly for the benefit of the village.
Nice to see it's only mildly insulting... but I've gotten that feeling lately (this is the second game in a row where you make totally ungrounded and far-fetched / fabricated... whatever points at me. Sorry but can't help it.)

But as I'm afraid that I'm possibly not here to answer your points toMorrow, sorry about the sidetrack here at this moment.

I hadn't any case against Rikae yesterday (RL). I only pointed out that there were things that raised alarms in me. And as there is no case there should be a lots of holes there anyhow. If I'd said I was sure she was a villain you could have tried to find the holes and accuse me of a bad case - to the benefit of the village.

About not reading well enough I might ask the same question from you. Rikae even admitted herself she had been mistaken in her writing about these in-character things. Well, if she's a vampire she surely was not mistaken but caught...

And anyhow. I was not saying that I knew she is a vampire, but stated quite clearly that I wished for some explanation of her actions. That was the best I had then. It's pretty bad gaming from an innocent to try to suppress discussion and questions by way of getting at them the first moment you see someone is trying. Not good politics.

And my reaction then? Of all the people you are then the one who doesn't take a pun with what it's worth? Oh my.

Maybe you're a baddie after all?

But okay. I just felt I had to say this for Roa can be pretty persuasive...

I was thinking of voting for Celuien but her latest comment looks pretty sincere.

Arrggh.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #126
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure
I'd like to vote for somebody who is being more sneaky today, probably Menel or Legate.
I might stand behind your ideas Mac. I think Cel's last post speaks of innocense. And both of the two you raise have worried me a bit lately even though I haven't had a chance to look at them more closely.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:54 AM   #127
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Rikae 2
Menel 2
Celuien 4
Kitanna 1
Sixth 1
Legate 1

Anyone else around but Mac? Any thoughts?

We don't know what the votes are indeed. These are only the declared votes.

I'm afraid there are some to Rikae at least (well, not the worst candidate but I would sure have chosen someone else toDay) and to me Cel looks innocentish right now (lying about RL problems would be unfair and not Celuienish anyhow). I'm not sure about Menel or Legate. There's something odd with both of them, possibly more on Legate.

ToMorrow I hope everyone will understand why declaring one's vote is essential! This is stupid!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #128
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Legate's vote for Sixth is indeed rather odd. Still, I don't think this is a strong enough reason to vote for him just yet. But we should watch him more closely come toMorrow.

And I'm not exactly sure what to think of Menel, so I will not vote for him just yet.

The whole Kitanna bandwagon did seem pretty ridiculous, especially since she has not even gotten a chance to expain herself. This makes Celuien and Rikae to me. Maybe Celuien seems more the suspicious one to some for voting reasons, I think Rikae's jumping around and accusing attitude makes me feel more uneasy about her. She was my primary suspect last night, and if anything, my suspicions of her have only increased.

Deadline is almost here, so I will be submitting my vote now.

++Rikae

EDIT: X-ed from Aganzir on...

Last edited by Brinniel; 04-26-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Brinniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #129
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Legate it is then...

++ Legate

Let's hope that's enough...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #130
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

No time to expalin. I will tomorrow if I'm still here.

++Kitanna
Old 04-26-2007, 09:02 AM   #131
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
Night 2

Day 1 ended.

Night 2 began.

Send your kills/protections/dreams at last at 2 PM GMT tomorrow, because that is when I'll have to start Day 2. Sorry. (And it will be helpful if you send your kills and protections as early as possible.)
Old 04-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #132
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
A long half-a-period had ended, the three Vampires were all fed up with the whole business. Their meeting place was on top of the highest tower. With their unnaturally good eyesight they could see all Kaimoir. The place the Men chose to sleep in was well lit with torches brought from above.

”Hmph, they don’t seem to believe Enhilion’s calming words about no monsters living here. His kindness killed him, because of that”, Lossenatar said.

Firithhyando cursed in the usual calm manner, ”Chort ih vozmi. Dear Hilly, why did you have to do it… The only consolation is that Hilly may still be somewhere around, his body is alive. Hey Num, cheer up, our plan is working after all”.

The usually strong willed Numundo was indeed weeping. Numundo turned towards Firithhyando and snapped, ”What do you mean by our plan working, it’s not! Enhilion is dead! Did you hear, dead! Would you have made such a sacrifice if you had known? Yulnagar knew, I bet! But did he tell us? No, he didn’t. Curse him! And now Enhilion is dead. So that’s who we should blame, not those fools down there”.

Lossenatar shouted with an icy stern voice, ”Do not speak ill of Yulnagar! I’m sure he has his reasons”.

With that something glinted in Numundo’s eye and the largest Vampire’s hand suddenly turned into a claw flying straight at Lossenatar’s chest. The slash would have been a deadly one, if Lossenatar hadn’t dodged. Firithhyando caught Numundo’s arm and held it firmly until the claw turned back into hand.

The only sound following was Numundo’s hard breathing. It softened soon. Numundo looked at Lossenatar, ”Sorry, friend. I didn’t mean it”.

”It’s ok”. Lossenatar was really shocked by Numundo’s sudden attack but it was too dangerous to start quarrelling now.

Firithhyando stood on the edge of the tower looking down, through it all. ”I feel danger”.

Numundo didn’t notice that and said, ”I’m going for blood, those humans will pay”.

”Don’t. King Yulnagar will be angry”, the eldest answered.

”Like I care? It’s Yulnagar’s fault, it’s all the same to me what he thinks about this”. With that Numundo jumped off the edge.

A lone bat flew through the city, only the eye of a Vampire could notice it.

-~~-----------------------------------------------------------------------~~-

The night wasn’t a pieceful one. Not only the Vampires didn’t sleep. Mac was tossing his knife around nervously. Glirdan was trying to make himself a bow, without much success. Legate was more lucky, he found a strong stick that he could use as a staff and was now carving on it in his thoughts. Sleepy slept: he was terribly tired.

But one woman was an exception. Brinniel was sulking in the corner of her room. There was probably nothing left that she hadn’t cursed that night. ”Why do I of all the people have to be here!” She tore at her hair and kicked a chair that stood perfectly innocently beside her corner. ”Aargh!”

Then as Brinniel stood up to look for something sharp, she noticed a piece of paper and a quill lying beside the door. She looked at it, and it looked back. Brinniel tried but couldn’t resist, she grabbed the quill and the empty piece of paper. Then she noticed the problem that floated in her room: there was no ink!

Brinniel cursed and was starting to rip the paper, when all of a sudden she heard a voice. The voice, oh, it was so beautiful! Brinniel heard words come to her from inside her own head. Words of poetry, just as beautiful as the voice. A glint of madness would have been seen in Brinniel eyes if somebody were there to see.

The girl held the quill in her shaking hand and slowly stuck it deep into her other hand. Blood started flowing. And Brinniel wrote words never written before. She wrote, and wrote, and wrote... She felt dizzy, but the voice in her head continued and Brinniel couldn’t stop now.

Unfortunately, she did, but not because she wanted to.

Behind the door to her room Numundo laughed and was gone.

The great clock struck.

As the crowd quietly gathered around the big square, the Oracle in Enohl’s body walked out from a house opposite the clock. He walked past Morgan and stood in the middle of the square.

”You have made a decision and I will honor it.

”Bravely this hidden eye told our truth, and now our truth remains.”

At that a gasp of terror was heared from beside Shasta.

An artificial scream of joy followed, ”Ribbits! It’s you! I thought you were lost”. Celuien pointed one way and ran the oppisite.

This caused a commotion. Aganzir bumped into Roa, Menel bumped into Diamond and many other collisions accured. Finally Gil got out of the crowd and started searching for Celuien. No sign of her could be found.

A lot of cursing followed and that was the moment when the absence of Brinniel was noted. Some screaming followed the cursing.

Having had a good sleep, Sleepy was the first to run to Brinniel’s house. Roa and Morgan followed Sleepy.

Brinniel’s house was locked. Sleepy tried bashing through, but only got a cut on his arm. While Roa was tending Sleepy’s arm, Morgan headed back to the square and soon returned with Esspiem. Esspiem looked at the lock, took a nail from his pocket, stuck it into the lock, twisted the nail and opened the door.

Sleepy, Roa and Morgan looked at each other and agreed that it would havee been better that Essipiem hadn’t opened the door.

The view was ghastly. All the things were tossed around and nearly all the furniture broken. Brinniel was sitting at the table, but clearly and sadly not too alive. She was paler than usually, which would have been the most shocking thing if not for the fact that Brinniel’s left hand was all red and there was a large puddle of blood below her chair.

She was dead. And so was her art. The piece of paper had blood all over it, only a small corner was readable.

"The gates crash down

The blood runs through

The veins are open
And now the world... is broken"

At that the four dizzy persons left the room.

Sleepy, Roa, Morgan and Esspiem returned the square and Roa told what they saw.

And then Celuien walked back from the darkness, slowly and calmly, with a smile.

”Get her!” shouted Menel.

”No. Let her come”, said the Oracle and Menel was ignored.

Celuien walked with her hands holding something near her heart. She continued mumbling, ”Ribbits... Oh, Ribbits. How scared I was when I couldn’t find you. I am so so happy that you came back”.

It didn’t help Esspiem when he saw that Celuien was in fact not holding a frog in her hands and chanted to thin air. He looked at the Oracle and back at Celuien, deciding to back out a bit.

The Oracle walked to Celuien and spoke, ”Your time is over, you have been chosen to die”. Enohl’s body put a hand on Celuien’s head.

What happened next was the most dreadful thing any of the people around had ever seen. Celuien fell into pieces. Her hands came off, her legs came off, bones cracked and broke. With a snap her head came off... After that everybody’s eyes were closed and nobody knew what happened, except that whatever happened, happened very loudly and the imagination replaced facts.

The noise calmed.

A while lasted.

Rikae risked her health and opened her eyes. What she saw not only suprised her even more but probably damaged her mental health, not that it wasn’t a pretty sight. But knowing what the beautiful, or at least artistic, chair the Oracle was sitting on had been a moment ago did make it an ugly situation.

The ugly situation continued being ugly.

Finally since the Oracle didn’t say anything, Glirdan asked, ”Umm... W..w...was she the V..Vampire?”

”No!”

The living:

Gil-Galad (Gil)

The Saucepan Man (Esspiem/SPM)

Rikae

Boromir88 (Boro)

Nogrod

Eomer of the Rohirrim (Eomer)

Thinlómien (Lomiella/Lommy)

Legate of Amon Lanc (Legate)

Aganzir

Meneltarmacil (Menel)

Xyzzy

Roa_Aoife (Roa)

Macalaure (Mac)

Diamond18 (Di)

Shastanis Althreduin (Shasta)

Kitanna

Sleepy Ranger (Sleepy)

Durelin

Glirdan (Glirdy)

Rune Son of Bjarne (Rune)

The Sixth Wizard (Morgan/Sixth)

The dead:

Celuien (Cel)
– Turned into a chair by the Oracle after being voted out on Day 1. Innocent.

Brinniel – Possessed by the Vampires to write poetry with her own blood on Night 2. Innocent.

DAY 1

All votes should still be sent to the gmail address, or PMed to me if you've cleared that with Volo.

You may now start talking.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:08 AM   #133
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shasta shook his head. "So both were innocent... As lovely... er... artistic as that chair is, looking at it does nothing for my mental health." He turned away, shuddering.

"Brinniel wasn't mentioned a lot yesterday, was she? I'm going to hold my vote for now, until we've heard any new evidence that might have surfaced during the night."
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:45 AM   #134
Gil-Galad

No Brinniel wasn't mentioned that much last day, the vampires must be playing it safe... we should look at who was under speculation last day, for one of them might be the vampire and with the brinniel-kill they played it safe...

much to do today... and i've been thinking too hard already...
Old 04-27-2007, 08:52 AM   #135
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Finally Gil got out of the crowd and started searching for Celuien. No sign of her could be found.
i must say my apologies to Cel for this part, i hope i didn't make you blush...

OOC: its probably just chance my name was put there, but why was i (a male) the one to searh cel (a female)?
Old 04-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #136
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
"Well, I'm not exactly sure how this will help, but if I recall correctly, the people under suspicion were Rikae, Gil-Galad, Esspiem, and to a lesser extent, Meneltarmacil, Nogrod, and Sixth. Of course, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!" Shasta caroled, running off to find something to eat. Maybe there was some preserved food in the kitchen of the big house, as he'd taken to calling it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 AM   #137
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Lomiella enters, her big eyes wet with tears. "Cel and Brinn are dead...?" she sobs and searches her pockets for a handkerchief. "Oh, I always was too emotional", she says, drying her face. "Now we must be rational and start discussing. I gues it's no use moruning the dead since those horrid beasts are still among us." She casts a wary glance around the cave.

Yesterday was a sort of fiasco. The village can only win if the villagers co-operate and that certainly did not happen yesterDay. Please people, tell me what was wrong with Sauce's plan?

Anyway, I've decided to quickly check through Brinn's posts. Results here soon.

edit: xed with the second posts of both Shasta and Gil
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:59 AM   #138
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
"Well, I'm not exactly sure how this will help, but if I recall correctly, the people under suspicion were Rikae, Gil-Galad, Esspiem, and to a lesser extent, Meneltarmacil, Nogrod, and Sixth. Of course, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!" Shasta caroled, running off to find something to eat. Maybe there was some preserved food in the kitchen of the big house, as he'd taken to calling it.

i remember only being under suspicion of Rikae, but that quieted down after Esspiem decided to talk about rikae more... and Legate has been receiving suspicion too...

but besides that peoples suspicion were not as cornered as you put it Shasta, as the days go by, it will be narrowed down.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #139
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Well, yesterday's events were a lot more unhellpful than they could have been? Why were votes not made public?

But, er, I mean, isn't all this fear and trepidation frightfully wondrous?

A dark mind, I may have (my parents certainly thought as much), but I can still be an asset to this village.

I was the lynch seer.

I couldn't actually figure out the riddle I received last night, but I felt confident enough that it was Celuien, because the person to be killed received 5 votes; and I already saw that Celuien had 4 public votes, more than anyone else.

I chose not to post the riddle because, obviously, I suspected Celuien of being a wolf. Waking to find her innocent, I see that any kill she would have made would have been in good faith. My apologies, to you Celuien.

So: any thoughts?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:02 AM   #140
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
the people under suspicion were Rikae, Gil-Galad, Esspiem, and to a lesser extent, Meneltarmacil, Nogrod, and Sixth.~Shastanis
I find this quite odd...considering it's a bit off.

Where is Kitanna in that list? She was one of the people who was most suspected. And why is Esspiem in that top list? Sure, some found his defense a bit too overly-defensive, but no one was acting as if they were prepared to vote for him. What about Legate as well? Besides myself I saw some people rumbling about Legate's 'awkwardness.' You will see myself, Nogrod, Mac, Roa, and Brinniel all to some degree express worry about Legate.

I find this odd, because it is rather skewed as far as what happened yesterday. Are you coming in here in the morning and trying to direct who gets under suspicion today? Or did you not carefully read what took place yesterday?

Edit: x-ed with Gil and Eomer
Old 04-27-2007, 09:05 AM   #141
Gil-Galad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
I find this quite odd...considering it's a bit off.

Where is Kitanna in that list? She was one of the people who was most suspected. And why is Esspiem in that top list? Sure, some found his defense a bit too overly-defensive, but no one was acting as if they were prepared to vote for him. What about Legate as well? Besides myself I saw some people rumbling about Legate's 'awkwardness.' You will see myself, Nogrod, Mac, Roa, and Brinniel all to some degree express worry about Legate.

I find this odd, because it is rather skewed as far as what happened yesterday. Are you coming in here in the morning and trying to direct who gets under suspicion today? Or did you not carefully read what took place yesterday?

Edit: x-ed with Gil and Eomer

exactly what i partially said in my previous post... so i say that Shasta's list not be followed because of its un-truthful-ness (i'm totally lost for words...)
Old 04-27-2007, 09:06 AM   #142
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Wolf? Er...vampire.

What's a wolf anyway...
Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 AM   #143
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I don't have much time now, as I'm at my friend's place, and this will be my only post for at least some hours. I will speak shortly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I couldn't actually figure out the riddle I received last night, but I felt confident enough that it was Celuien, because the person to be killed received 5 votes; and I already saw that Celuien had 4 public votes, more than anyone else.
This leaves us with the question who is the fifth person (or the fourth and the fifth, in case one of us who voted for Celuien in public was a Vampire - yet at the moment I'm not inclined to think this would be probable.). However, I don't think how clever it would be if the fifth person(s) came out from the closet and said "hi, it's me, I voted for Celuien", as this would be quite an easy way for a Vampire to make him/herself seem innocent.
It would make things much easier if all were ready to tell their votes in public.

I don't have the time now, but when I'll be back, I will go through the thread and check if anyone else than us (who voted for Celuien) would have been seemingly ready to vote for her; if anyone hasn't already done that before I come back.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:30 AM   #144
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

First, at the risk of being accused of being overly defensive ( ), a few points in response to some of the comments made about me yesterDay.

It was said (primarily by Rikae and Nogrod) that my opening words (about the less developed characters always being the ones to be picked off first) came across as defensive and Nogrod also commented on my reference to my sharp wits. I can, however, assure you that those opening words of mine were almost entirely fluff - an attempt at humour (based on horror film cliché) and in-character banter based on my stated character traits.

I was also accused of being overly defensive in my response to Rikae’s suspicion of me. This concerns post #17 in which, knowing that I would not have an opportunity to post much more of substance before the end of the Day, I summarised my thoughts on those who had spoken thus far, based on what they had said. Since Rikae had done little other than accuse me for my opening words at that stage, there was little else to say about her other than in connection with that.

Now, my vote for Kitanna. Unfortunately, as I had anticipated, I returned from searching this place less than an hour before sundown. I reviewed the Day’s events as best I could, but only had time to skim read much of it. When I read them, Kitanna’s confused words concerning the possibility of Vampire Gifteds being able to vote struck me immediately as suspicious. She was either genuinely confused or else a Vampire bluffing so as to give the impression that she couldn’t possibly be a Vampire. Since Kitanna generally knows what’s what and her ancestors have had much experience of Werewolves and the like, the latter struck me as a distinct possibility. I did see that these words of hers generated much debate and actually led the village to be more distrustful of those who accused her on this basis than Kitanna herself. I nevertheless thought it the most suspicious thing that I had seen and so cast my vote for her. I still regard her as a possible fanged wee beastie.

However, when I reviewed the Day’s events in more detail later a few things struck me about Rikae. My original impression was that her behaviour was far too attention grabbing to be Vampiric. However, some points of detail gave me cause to reconsider.

First, her denial of having accused anyone on the basis of in-character banter was in my view somewhat misleading. Not, as Nogrod thought, because of her playful “accusation” of Mac, but because she had expressed suspicion of me based on my opening banter.

Secondly, and of greater concern to me, is her involvement in the Kitanna affair. When Eomer laid his apparent trap with his accusation of Kitanna, she said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I think Eomer has a good point about Kitanna. I can't quite believe she would honestly make the mistake of thinking the gifteds were on the vampires' side. I would be interested in hearing more from her.
This brought her under suspicion for having jumped on Eomer’s unspecified accusation (and thereby fallen into his trap). In response to that suspicion, she said:

Quote:
I should have said Celuien had a good point.
Yet Celuien only picked up on the Kitanna thing after Rikae had already done so. So how could Rikae have been responding to Celuien’s point when Celuien had not even made her point at that stage? Now, Rikae would have known that it was not Celuien’s contribution that prompted her accusation of Kitanna and, if innocent, would surely not have lied about this. It looks to me distinctly like a Vampiric slip.

But can both Kitanna and Rikae be Vampires? Would Rikae have jumped so enthusiastically on an acccusation of a fellow Vampire? I do not discount the possibility, especially as Rikae “laid her cards on the table” shortly thereafter and said that she was leaning towards giving Kitanna the benefit of the doubt. I am, however, currently more concerned about Rikae than Kitanna.

Finally, in this lengthy discourse, some comments on the “voting”. The stated votes were as follows:

Celuien: Kitanna (Kitanna 1)
Menel: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 1)
Sixth: Gil (Kitanna 1, Rikae 1, Gil 1)
Gil: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1)
Legate: Sixth (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1)
Rune: Menel (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 1)
Rikae: Menel (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2)
Boro: Legate (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1)
Lomiella: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 1)
Eomer: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 2)
Roa: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 3)
Aganzir: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 4)
Brinniel: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 4)
Nogrod: Legate (Kitanna 1, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 2, Celuien 4)
SPM: Kitanna (Kitanna 2, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 2, Celuien 4)

No vote stated: Xyzzy, Mac, Di, Shasta, Kitanna, Sleepy, Durelin, Glirdy

At least four of those who stated no vote are innocent. I would therefore ask all of those who did not state a vote here yesterDay to state now whether they submitted a vote to the Oracle or not and, if so, what it was (it would have been helpful to do this before Eomer revealed the number of votes actually cast for Celuien, but you can’t have everything ). I would also ask those who expressed no view on the proposal to state votes here (Xyzzy, Shasta, Sleepy, Durelin and Glirdy) to say now whether they support it or not and to confirm that they will state their votes here in the future. And, as for those who opposed the idea (Di and Kitanna), I would ask them to explain how on earth they consider it to be in the village’s interests not to state their votes.

Now, some thoughts on the “voting”. Given that (assuming that the Lynch Seer survives the Night and is innocent) the number of votes cast for the lynchee will be known, I would expect Vampires to avoid “voting” for someone who looks likely to be lynched. This, to my mind, speaks in favour of those who “voted” for Celuien, since she looked quite likely to be lynched even before the “votes” for her were posted, namely Lomiella, Eomer, Roa and Aganzir. It also speaks slightly in favour of those who “voted” for Rikae at a time when it looked quite possible that she might be lynched, namely Gil (and Brinniel, but she’s now dead). It is also fair to say that Rikae’s “vote” for Menel, putting him equal with her on two “votes”, might be regarded as risky for a Vampire, though my current suspicion of her outweighs this.

The most suspicious “votes” (other than the “no votes”) are surely those cast for people who looked very unlikely to be lynched at the time that they were “cast”, namely those stated by Legate, Nogrod and (erm) me.

I’m off to consider the significance of last Night's events. More shortly.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #145
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Even though I missed the deadline to state it, I did manage to vote.

I voted for Legate.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:33 AM   #146
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Brinniel

Brinniel suspected Rikae and Celuien, they were the ones who she said she could vote. She told us that she voted Cel.

Brinn also expressed slight concern over Legate and his Sixth-case.

She was not sure what to think about Menel.

Reading between the lines, she did not find Kitanna particularly suspicious.

Of others she said nothing.

What other people said about Brinniel

Boro did not like her first post and thought she was feigning to be "the confused villager".

Mac was also slightly suspicious of her.

Thinlómien was not worried by her.

Other people did not mention her at all.

~*~

That was it. Just like I presumed: nothing that would point to seerishness (to me her suspicions weren't seerish suspicions) or other kind of giftedness. (Nevertheless I wanted to check if there was somethig interesting in her or other people's posts.) Like was said aloud before, Brinniel was most probably killed to leave no tracks.

edit: xed with Aga, SPM and Mac
Old 04-27-2007, 09:37 AM   #147
Sleepy Ranger
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sleepy Ranger has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via MSN to Sleepy Ranger Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepy Ranger
Pipe

I had voted for Rune, it was a vote made at complete random mainly due to my inability to be on the computer much that day. Anyway, now that the weekend is here (mind you, my weekends are Friday and Saturday) I'll have time. Anyway, I'm off to go over all said and done. Post back in a bit.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:39 AM   #148
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Point taken SPM. However, I do think it unlikely that a vampire will claim to have voted privately for Celuien. If there's a lie then the person who truly did vote for her will jump right up and the village has a vampire in the bag. So it is difficult to fully trust one of these private voters but surely the risk of lying here is very great.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:40 AM   #149
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
hmmm I suppose I should join the rest of you in pointing out that Brinn probably was chosen because she had little chance to be online yesterday. . .Too bad she was killed before she got a chance to participate.

anyways I have a sugestion for a small debate we could have if we run out of fun subjects. . . We could talk about The Lynch Seer and what our individuel thoughts on a good stradegy is!

Now I must disapear out of sight once more and leave the fighting and arguing to the rest of you for a while, enjoy!

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 09:41 AM   #150
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Funny, Sauce, when you explained your claimed over-defensiveness, I started to consider you slightly over-defensive, even though I hadn't though so yesterDay... Anyway I think you had plenty of good points and analysis in your previous post so I'm not suspecting you (actively) yet.

edit: xed with Eomer, Sleepy and Rune. The village is quite chatty tonight, yay!
Old 04-27-2007, 09:44 AM   #151
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Anything past Thinlo's response here:
Quote:
She told us that she voted Cel.
I haven't read yet because there was a slight discrepancy with SPM's vote count:
Quote:
Brinniel: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 4)
And if we look SPM was correct:
Quote:
Deadline is almost here, so I will be submitting my vote now.

++Rikae
So, what happened Thinlo?
Old 04-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #152
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88
So, what happened Thinlo?
Oops! I've been quite careless. I made a mistake, that's what happened.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #153
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I'm probably not going to be posting for a large chunk of the Day, so I might as well say something here.

Rikae is still my primary suspect.

Celuien's death was probably due to Vampirish influence. Even though the Vampires can't vote, they probably contributed to the lynching. All four vote declarations for Celuien occurred in rapid succession, which seems quite odd to me. As I read through the discussion of Celuien, I find Boromir88 to present a suspicious look. For the most part, Celuien's vote decision seemed to grow out of an understandable controversy over Kitanna, but Boromir88 quietly started to point at Celuien's vote to suggest that the latter was a Vampire. Eomer of the Rohirrim also seems to have suggested that Celuien may be up to something while at the same time suspecting Kitanna of being a vampire. So I'll be looking at both of them.

In any case, my suspects are Rikae, Boromir88, and [B]Eomer of the Rohirrim at this point.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #154
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommiella
She told us that she voted Cel.
Did I get this wrong? I thought she said that she voted for Rikae. I will check.

If I am right about Brinniel's vote, however, it raises the question (in my mind at least) whether a Vampiric Rikae would have been so bold as to target someone who had voted for her.

Assuming that Mac and Sleepy are telling the truth, updated "voting record" for yesterDay is as follows:

Celuien: Kitanna (Kitanna 1)
Menel: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 1)
Sixth: Gil (Kitanna 1, Rikae 1, Gil 1)
Gil: Rikae (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1)
Legate: Sixth (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1)
Rune: Menel (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 1)
Rikae: Menel (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2)
Boro: Legate (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1)
Lomiella: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 1)
Eomer: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 2)
Roa: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 3)
Aganzir: Celuien (Kitanna 1, Rikae 2, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 1, Celuien 4)
Nogrod: Legate (Kitanna 1, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 2, Celuien 4)
SPM: Kitanna (Kitanna 2, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 2, Celuien 4)
Mac: Legate (Kitanna 2, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 3, Celuien 4)
Sleepy: Rune (Kitanna 2, Rikae 3, Gil 1, Sixth 1, Menel 2, Legate 3, Celuien 4, Rune 1)

No vote stated: Xyzzy, Di, Shasta, Kitanna, Durelin, Glirdy

I have added Mac and Sleepy on the end as there is no indication as to when they voted. I note that, despite posting already toDay, Shasta did not take the opportunity to tell us how he voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Point taken SPM. However, I do think it unlikely that a vampire will claim to have voted privately for Celuien.
Fair enough, although it would have provided an opportunity for a possible Vampire slip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommiella
Funny, Sauce, when you explained your claimed over-defensiveness, I started to consider you slightly over-defensive, even though I hadn't though so yesterDay...
Remember, I was not around to respond to those points yesterDay, so addressing them toDay means dealing with them all "in one go", as it were.

I share Boro's misgivings over Shasta's attempt to identify those who came under suspicion yesterDay. It looks off to me too.

Edit: Crossed with Boro, who confirmed Brin's vote for Rikae
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #155
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I didn't state my vote because I didn't vote. Of course there's no way to prove that. Whatever.

You know, this whole the vampires don't get to vote thing really isn't an advantage to the villagers. It might be a little bit of a disadvantage for the vampires, but at the same time it helps keep them extremely clean - we can't really get much dirt on them based on their votes, because they're not really voting. About the only warning signs we'd get is if the stated votes added up give a different result than the kill, and the chances of that happening at this point are very slim. And still then we'd only know that there's almost definitely a vampire in a certain voting group....

Basically, I think we're screwed.

Man, there are way too many people and way too many posts. Tonight I should have some time, though, so I'll come up with my vote then and let everyone know...well, unless I get up tomorrow to vote. But either way I promise to let everyone know when I vote. And I will vote this time....I won't let all you other innocents slowly kill each other off by yourselves....
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:02 AM   #156
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
Celuien's death was probably due to Vampirish influence.
This certainly merits further consideration. I am somewhat at a loss to see why Celuien became such a prime target in such a short space of time, especially as I shared her misgivings over Kitanna's "confusion". However, as I have said, I do think it would have been risky for a Vampire to state a vote for Celuien, and it looks unlikely that one did on the figures we know. I am not ruling it out entirely, but I think it unlikely.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:19 AM   #157
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Rikae sighed and sagged against the wall of the nearest building. Her careless mistakes would doubtless cost her life; and though she didn't fear death, she was filled with regret for the help she would be unable to offer the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM
Yet Celuien only picked up on the Kitanna thing after Rikae had already done so. So how could Rikae have been responding to Celuien’s point when Celuien had not even made her point at that stage? Now, Rikae would have known that it was not Celuien’s contribution that prompted her accusation of Kitanna and, if innocent, would surely not have lied about this. It looks to me distinctly like a Vampiric slip.
"I'll just be absolutely honest here, make of that what you will. When I read Eomer's comment on Kitanna, I looked back at her post to see what it was she was doing, and immediately saw that she was casting doubt on the theory that no villager would lie about their vote. I assumed this was Eomer's point and responded accordingly.
When Eomer claimed to have had no point, I remembered Celuien had articulated the same thing and, forgetting I came to the conclusion independantly of her, said it was her point.
You'll note that both Celuien and I noticed the same oddity about Kitanna's post independantly of each other, and in Cel's case, independantly of Eomer. It would seem that whatever his wolf-trapping intentions may have been, he chose a genuinely odd-looking post to indicate. You be the judge whether there was anything eyebrow raising about Kitanna's post in it's own right...like I said, I'm more inclined to think it's an innocent mistake, but there the possibility of something more sinister.

I think it might be a good idea to look at those who did not post their votes yesterday. We had discussed the importance of revealing our votes at great length, and while RL can intervene, any well-meaning villager should be willing to post his or her vote if humanly possible. Those who didn't post are:
Xyzzy
Mac
Di
Shasta
Kitanna
Sleepy
Durelin
Glirdy

Mac had a RL excuse, and I feel very strongly that he is innocent. Sleepy blatently stated he wouldn't participate yesterday; I certainly hope he's willing to step forward and be scrutenized with the rest of us today.
Di, Durelin and Kitanna worry me; they should have posted, I would think. Kitanna, of course, actually argued against revealing votes. But I would really like to see explanations from all the non-vote-posters, and it's my opinion that anyone not stating a vote today should be considered highly suspicious."

Rikae put her hand to her forehead (Durelin's avvie style) and frowned.

"I'm not saying we shouldn't look at the vote-posters as well. A sensible vampire would most likely post a vote for an unlikely lynchee...those votes wouldn't be revealed."

She looked pointedly at Legate, than sank to the ground and stared sadly into the fire.

EDIT: X'd with Durelin and SPM

Last edited by Rikae; 04-27-2007 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling & bolding
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:26 AM   #158
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I've found something that was rather peculiar...yesterday Shastani said this in post 16:
Quote:
"Calm, you two... this early on, I doubt there's much of anything in the way of evidence to go on. There's no real point in accusing each other when there's no proof of guilt or innocence whatsoever."
To which I responded in Post 39:
Quote:
I think accusations reveal the character of a person, and I find accusations to be about as helpful as anything (besides blind luck) on Day 1. I find accusations to be a good thing, so I think it's awkward Shastani, you are telling us to not do it.
A bit later on Legate said to me in Post 43:
Quote:
Well I think we'd agree that without accusations we'd get nowhere. However, the ones who care the most on getting someone under any suspicion are the Vampires. So I find Shastani's comment rather in place, or at least I see it "unharmful".
I had cross-posed with Gil today, but as we both picked up Shasta had left Legate out of the 'suspicious' list of yesterday. Which I find to be really odd looking at the considerate amount of suspicion Legate came under yesterday. Now Legate wasn't likely to be lynched, but I have no reason to doubt Mac saying he voted for Legate (seeing as he had consistantly expressed worries about Legate), plus several others commenting on being 'uneasy' about Legate. I mean from the tallies yesterday Legate did receive 3 votes.

There is a connection between these two that I find to be extremely vampiric looking. Legate slightly defends Shasta saying his comment was in line...and then today Shasta leaves Legate out of his list today. Perhaps attempting to get people to focus on Rikae, Gil, and SPM as suspects?

(Though I encourage anyone to stop me if they believe I'm making too much out of nothing). However, do we have a vampire connection between Legate and Shasta here?

Edit: x-ed with Rikae
Old 04-27-2007, 10:29 AM   #159
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

As far as I can see, there were two who expressed suspicion of Celuien (based on her Kitanna vote) but did not actually end up stating a vote: Nogrod and Boro. Nogrod, in particular, stated (in #103) that she might receive his vote, but he ended up voting for Legate – after it became clear that Celuien was very likely to be lynched. If there was Vampiric influence in the lynching of Cel, he would be my pick.

Quote:
When Eomer claimed to have had no point, I remembered Celuien had articulated the same thing and, forgetting I came to the conclusion independantly of her, said it was her point.
Hmm, I find it highly unlikely that anyone (or anyone innocent, at least) would form a view independently and then forget that they had done so and attribute it to someone else who had expressed the same view subsequently. You're not looing good to me Rikae.

Quote:
But I would really like to see explanations from all the non-vote-posters, and it's my opinion that anyone not stating a vote today should be considered highly suspicious.
With this I agree, but I am certainly not taking my eye off you.

While I do have some concerns over those who did not express a vote, and particularly those who challenged the proposal to do so, the question does arise as to how a Vampire might best have responded to my proposal. To have refused to go along with it might be thought of as unnecessarily risky for a Vampire, particularly as it received so much support. Still, as I said earlier, I think that those who have either not expressed a view, or who objected to it, should now explain themelves.
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 AM   #160
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
As far as I can see, there were two who expressed suspicion of Celuien (based on her Kitanna vote) but did not actually end up stating a vote: Nogrod and Boro.
To clarify, by this I meant that they did not end up stating a vote for Celuien.