The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2006, 08:46 AM   #121
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
I'm here. Sorry for the non-vote yesterDay. I'll do what I can in the very limited time I have right now, and will be back to vote more than an hour before the Day closes tomorrow.

For starters:

I was flirting with the idea Farael presented about Rikae, being reminded by a wolf named malkatoj in a village of old, but it's nice to hear from you now, Rikae. At least if we'll lynch you it should be with reasons other than your absence.

And I still stand by what I said the first time that we shouldn't consider genders at all. Okay, the other pairs were male-female, but a female-female pair might be the crazy mod's () idea of a surprise this time. We'll be better off covering all bases and not being discriminating.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:14 AM   #122
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Okay, so morm killed Rune and Lommy. That means the remaining baddie killed Kitanna and Jenny. The question here now is why? And who would do it?

Both of them have been pretty vocal, though they both really didn't have very certain suspects before they died. Kitanna voted for Menel because nobody thus far had protected Farael, and thought he couldn't be the Lover in that case. Jenny voted for Valier because of her speechlessness, then the next day for Holby because she was acting weirdly. She also made an analysis of Mac, saying that he seemed careful but his being vocal yesterDay made her feel better.

I'm honestly not sure where this is supposed to go. But from past experience, I must say this is not looking good for Farael, in my perspective. Farael could have killed Kitanna, or as Lover prompted the Bear to do so, saying that it would be too obvious a set-up for him to be suspected to be behind it. It's a stretch, but it has happened before.

*yawn* It's seriously late over here already, and I'm sleepy. I hope some hours of sleep will help make things clearer for me. and more things said while I'm asleep to chew on when I wake up. I'll particularly be looking at Valier and Farael and Durelin, who has been quite dodgy as I see it. Good night everyone, play nice and don't fight.

*snores in a ladylike manner*
Old 11-02-2006, 09:20 AM   #123
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
These are my current opinions.

Durelin: not sure, need to look at her again

Farael: more innocent than guilty

Kath: probably innocent

Lhuna: thought her innocent so far, but I'll have a second look at her

Rikae: one huge question mark

Valier: suspicious, but I'll wait for more input from her

Mac: as innocent as one does get

I will return later with some thoughts about Durelin and Lhuna.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:30 AM   #124
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Hey, I'm not quick to accuse Rikae, I just said that unless we have a clear candidate perhaps we should get rid of that question mark. Now she's said something, which is good, but she has said very little. I can play the waiting game today, I'm in no hurry to cast my vote.

Now, here's another far-fetched theory... the ones I like the most. Jenny was killed last night, right? Who would want to kill Jenny? Well, let's re-phrase that. Who would be benefited the most by Jenny's death?

I don't know if I'm the only one who was thinking that Valier and Jenny were an all-female team of baddies... but I believe at least SOMEONE mentioned that before.

Now, Valier knew she was not in a team with Jenny, thus if Jenny died perhaps most of the suspicion would be lifted. That's pretty beneficial for a werebear isn't it?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:54 PM   #125
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Looking over the old posts ... what have we here? The werebear killed Kitanna on Night 2 and JennyHallu on Night3, as Lhuna helpfully points out.

On day 1, Kitanna was throwing quite a bit of suspicion in Farael's direction before switching to the (werecreature started) bandwagon for Menel.

Jenny, however, seemed mostly suspicious of Holby, who's now dead. I can't find anything in her posts that would point to who else would have seen her as a threat. Of course, it may be that the werebear targetted either or both of them not because of the victim's suspicions, but because s/he suspected her of being another werecreature/a lover/a gifted.
We have so little to go on.
I'm going to stick around & reread the thread yet again. The problem is, everyone either knows nothing, or only knows the status of one person, so there isn't much of a trail to follow.
One thing that comes to mind, though, is that the two remaining baddies don't really care who's lynched at this point, as long as they can protect themselves. Like baddies in any game, they are going to be most prone to quick accusations with flimsy reasoning than innocents, but beyond that, there's not much that's likely to distinguish them.

Last edited by Rikae; 11-02-2006 at 01:55 PM. Reason: spelling
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #126
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hmm, it also seems Jenny was throwing some suspicion in Mac's direction:
Quote:
Again, seems to be a careful post...short and to the point, unlike Mac's usual eloquence. But again, nothing seems really suspicious, except that I would have protested more to three people thinking I was suspicious. That might just be me, I tend to be really defensive, but it's a thought.
She didn't end up voting for him, but it's possible he may have been feeling some pressure after her long post analysing him (and saying she might continue).
I may have to look more closely at Mac.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:16 PM   #127
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Durelin:

Opens the first day with thoughts about the were-creatures in general. I agree with her points.
This is followed by her thoughts about everybody. Of the ones still alive she thought Farael played foolish and so did Lhuna, Valier and me. She votes Kitanna for flying under the radar.
She criticises Nogrod's approach as unfair towards Farael.

The next day she checks in late. She explains her vote, says she likes Holby's plan but votes her anyway.

That's really not much to go on. She was afraid people might try to fly under the radar. So am I right now. Let's see what today brings.

Lhuna:

Early random vote the first day. I dislike such things, but well...

Day 2 she corrects morm about Durelin. She says Farael stands out and she doesn't understand his vote, which I don't understand, to be honest. Other than Farael she suspects Valier, Fin and Holby. Then she tells the silent ones to talk.
She then tries to analyse the kills, but she does so without conclusions. RL interference keeps her from voting.

Today she admits that she would have liked the lynching of Rikae, even though Rikae already checked in. It could be an attempt to defend Farael, but looking at her past behaviour towards him, it's unlikely. I guess she's just honest. Thinks Di might have made the last couple an all-female one.
Again she looks at who would kill Kitanna and Jenny. She mentions Jenny's analysis of me, but thinks I look better now. She remains suspicious of Valier and Farael and thinks Durelin is dodgy.

Looking only at the facts I'm getting a little suspicious about her. We didn't get one real vote from her yet. She is very consistent in her suspicions though. Under the line I still find her innocent, but not so clearly anymore.

edit: crossed with Rikae

Last edited by Macalaure; 11-02-2006 at 02:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:23 PM   #128
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
She didn't end up voting for him, but it's possible he may have been feeling some pressure after her long post analysing him (and saying she might continue).
I may have to look more closely at Mac.
Please, do so.
But concerning the pressure, you're right, but Lommy and Valier put pressure on me as well, and more from my point of view. I probably would've killed one of those two if that would have been my plan. But it's a risky plan, after all.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:35 PM   #129
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Macalaure:
Post 10 – an ‘if’ post. Basically saying what he would or would not do as a lover. This is often viewed as suspicious because he now has to do is act in a slightly different way to what he set out as his behaviour if he was a lover. Says he’s let Lhuna’s assertion that she will vote randomly pass for toDay. If we’re going for pure association he and Lhuna could be the last pair, mentioned but not overly suspected.

Post 29 – defends Lommy a little and is correct in asserting that there is no connection between Lommy and Holby as we now know. Makes no decision on Farael. Finds Rune to be behaving oddly for attacking Farael so strongly.

Post 35 – says that though he fins Farael most suspicious he will vote for Rune in order to create a little competition. Now if he and Farael are the last lover pair how perfect that scenario was. Oh, I won’t vote for my lover for the good of the village. Here also begins the assertions of innocence.

Post 66 – much about how the odds are against us. Talks of the bandwagon against Rune (and my Mac but could you have made that any more confusing? I thought you were talking about what had happened during the Night for ages so nothing made any sense!) and says that the fact that both Naria and arcticstorm voted for him was odd seeing as they were a couple. How so Mac? Some suspicion of Holby and Fin, again doesn’t pass any judgement on Farael.

Post 69 – makes lists, and strangely puts Fin on the innocent list. Little flip flop there or did I misread the earlier bit? Is suspicious of Valier and Holby due to their votes. Points out that Lommy seems overly sure of Lhuna’s innocence. It is possible that, due to Lommy’s staunch defense of Lhuna for much of her life, Lhuna could be a lover and have killed Lommy as it seemed safe, in which case it seems unlikely that Mac would be the other half of that pair as pointing out the plan would be a bit bold.

Post 81 – defends morm against Farael and is against the ‘lynch all the males plan’. Fair enough really him being male and all and the fact that in this case allowing yourself to be lynched if you are innocent isn’t really going to help the village much, but of course if he is a lover it’s a good self-preservation argument as well.

Post 83 – defends himself very calmly. If he’s a lover then this makes sense, having seen the reactions the previous Day to being overly defensive. Explains his vote for Rune, which I mentioned earlier.

Post 85 – answering Farael’s questioning about why morm wasn’t killed. Another ‘if’ post.

Post 93 – mild attack on Lommy for putting people in groups based on feelings only.

Post 102 – decides not to vote Lommy because he doesn’t want to spread the votes. This may be true, but I wonder whether it was so he didn’t get accused of a knee-jerk reaction, which is what his basis of accusation against Valier is. Decides not to vote Farael or Holby because he is finding them less suspicious so votes Valier for her previous vote.

Post 117 – says he’ll look at Farael but really the lovers are likely to be two females now, putting us off the scent? Then he says if we use these two days to lynch him and Farael the village loses. Now, how does he know Farael isn’t a lover? Or perhaps, he does know Farael is a lover and is defending him. I’m sorry, I can understand my logic here but I’m not sure if anyone else can. He’s saying the village will lose if he and Farael die. So it’s like he knows that Farael is innocent. He can’t know this, not unless he’s the Watcher and we know he’s not. Anyway, asks Valier to speak more and asks Farael why he went after Rikae so quickly.

Post 120 – does a little analysis of Farael and finds him innocent although he finds many questionable things along the way. As to the ‘would a lover be that outspoken with a point’ I can only say YES from previous experience.

Post 123 – does another little list and has Valier as suspicious, no idea about Rikae, and the rest appearing as innocent. Which, unless we’re counting Rikae as his second suspicion, leaves him with one too many innocents.

Post 127 – returns with analyses of Durelin and Lhuna. Now thinks Durelin is flying under the radar and Lhuna less innocent than she appeared to him before.

Right now I think Mac is guilty. I think he could very well be in a pair with Farael due to the ‘he’s suspicious but not too suspicious’ talk that’s been going on there.

However, I have also become a little suspicious of Lhuna along the way. If she is guilty I don’t believe Mac is for the reasons mentioned above.

Alright, now, I admit that I went into this with the pre-conceived idea that Mac is guilty. Therefore I welcome any and all opinions on this because I know it’s biased.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #130
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael, you make an interesting point about Valier. Going back over her posts (she seems to have been fairly quiet), I find this:
Quote:
I am going to vote for either Farael or Holby, unless something big sways me, which I highly doubt.
I'm not sure what to make of this. If Farael (or Mac, for that matter) had killed someone who was openly suspicious of him, it would have left too clear a trail. Then again, trying to get her lynched with such convoluted reasoning is also going to draw scrutiny upon one. At least, it strikes me as convoluted, since I can't find any serious speculation that Jenny & Valier were a couple. It doesn't seem to have been a general suspicion, so I don't see how it would have made Valier seem particularly innocentish when she didn't die with Jenny.
The fact that Fariel advanced such an argument worries me.

EDIT: X posted with Kath
Old 11-02-2006, 02:53 PM   #131
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I'm more inclined to think Fariel is a werecreature/lover than that Mac is, at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
an ‘if’ post. Basically saying what he would or would not do as a lover. This is often viewed as suspicious because he now has to do is act in a slightly different way to what he set out as his behaviour if he was a lover.
Although it can also be the post of a helpful villager. The question is, are the points he raised sound in their own right? As far as I could tell, it was fairly straightforward, but I could be wrong. I think if he's a lover/werebear some logical inconsistency might be found in his fake "baddie strategy".
Quote:
Post 35 – says that though he fins Farael most suspicious he will vote for Rune in order to create a little competition. Now if he and Farael are the last lover pair how perfect that scenario was. Oh, I won’t vote for my lover for the good of the village.
Not necessarily, though, since he didn't even attempt to make a convincing argument for lynching Rune, as he should have if he wanted to sway the vote away from Farael.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:58 PM   #132
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
The fact that Fariel advanced such an argument worries me.
Good, it seems that when people worry about me I'm on the right track.

I like Kath's analysis of Macalure, even though I know I'm neither a lover nor a werebear, thus she is wrong. After that analysis I'll venture that
a) I think she's sincere
b) I think she might be on to something with saying that Macalure may be trying to get us off the trail.

I'm honestly all over the place right now though, it's confusing when I don't have one target to lock-on

Yet Rikae, your going after me may be understandable yet it seems to me a bit too defensive. It might just be a coincidence, I did suggest we lynch you before you had a chance to talk, and yet you said that your main man was Morm.... and now that you ARE talking, you are going after me. Scared that they'll listen to me?

Right now I'm leaning towards Valier or Rikae. As a matter of fact, they have BOTH been rather silent. One of them has been having RL issues and I won't say it's all a big plan to confound us but.... what's up with Valier?

What if the last remaining duo has decided to stay as silent as possible, knowing that most of us will be retitient to lynch someone who has not said much.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:10 PM   #133
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Here we go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Post 66 – much about how the odds are against us. Talks of the bandwagon against Rune (and my Mac but could you have made that any more confusing? I thought you were talking about what had happened during the Night for ages so nothing made any sense!) and says that the fact that both Naria and arcticstorm voted for him was odd seeing as they were a couple. How so Mac? Some suspicion of Holby and Fin, again doesn’t pass any judgement on Farael.
I don't know what you are talking about. I think I made my points quite clear. First, the bandwaggon was against Menel, not Rune. I wondered why arctic and Naria were the first to vote Menel of all. It surprised me that a couple would work so close together.

Quote:
makes lists, and strangely puts Fin on the innocent list.
Mac finds Fin suspicious. Fin explains himself. Mac buys Fin's explanation. Mac turns out to be wrong. What's the point?

Quote:
Post 93 – mild attack on Lommy for putting people in groups based on feelings only.
If it looks mild to you then it does not look the way it was intended. I was seriously suspicious of Lommy.

Quote:
Post 102 – decides not to vote Lommy because he doesn’t want to spread the votes. This may be true, but I wonder whether it was so he didn’t get accused of a knee-jerk reaction, which is what his basis of accusation against Valier is.

Quote:
Post 117 – says he’ll look at Farael but really the lovers are likely to be two females now, putting us off the scent? Then he says if we use these two days to lynch him and Farael the village loses. Now, how does he know Farael isn’t a lover? Or perhaps, he does know Farael is a lover and is defending him. I’m sorry, I can understand my logic here but I’m not sure if anyone else can. He’s saying the village will lose if he and Farael die. So it’s like he knows that Farael is innocent. He can’t know this, not unless he’s the Watcher and we know he’s not. Anyway, asks Valier to speak more and asks Farael why he went after Rikae so quickly.
*sigh*
2 guys, 5 girls. The probability of a female-female-pair is pretty high. I feared that somebody would bring up the "Lynch the males!" campaign again (Durelin said she liked it). I'm just saying that this won't work. Of course Farael might be a lover. I told everybody to look closely at him and closely at me. Still I'm counting with an all-female-pair at the moment.

Quote:
Post 120 – does a little analysis of Farael and finds him innocent although he finds many questionable things along the way. As to the ‘would a lover be that outspoken with a point’ I can only say YES from previous experience.
I just thought that, since it almost got him lynched, his behaviour wasn't that smart if he is a lover. If you have another opinion, great, take a closer look at him and tell us of your findings.

Quote:
Post 123 – does another little list and has Valier as suspicious, no idea about Rikae, and the rest appearing as innocent. Which, unless we’re counting Rikae as his second suspicion, leaves him with one too many innocents.
Strange. I count 1 suspicious, 2 uncertain, 2 innocentish and 1 innocent. I bet if I had found 3 suspicious you would've criticised it's one too many.

Quote:
Alright, now, I admit that I went into this with the pre-conceived idea that Mac is guilty.
I barely noticed.

crossed with everybody since Kath
Old 11-02-2006, 03:24 PM   #134
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ok I have to vote as I'm off out in a bit.

++MACALAURE

My reasoning is from the analysis I just did.

I have no idea if I've cross-posted with anyone. My net is screwing up beyond recognition and it's taken me over 5 minutes just to get this damn page open!
Old 11-02-2006, 03:32 PM   #135
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael, yes, my main suspect was Morm.Not much point in beating a dead horse, though, is there?

Honestly, I see little reason to be defensive in response to your posts, since they were based on my own silence, which I have now emerged from. My suspicions are based on your post history, and your latest post has only deepened them - especially your assertion that Mac has been silent! Nonsensical statements are a mark of a werebear!

Still, we have a few villagers who have yet to post today, if I am not mistaken. It may well be that the five of us (Mac, Farael, Kath, Lhuna and myself) are all innocent, and the baddies are flying under the radar.
7 people :
5 innocents
2 baddies

Have posted:
Macalaure
Farael
Kath
Lhuna
Rikae

Haven't:
Valier
Durelin

Let's see what they have to say.

EDIT: Xed with Kath.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:55 PM   #136
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
My suspicions are based on your post history, and your latest post has only deepened them - especially your assertion that Mac has been silent! Nonsensical statements are a mark of a werebear!
I did not say Mac was silent

Either you got something horribly wrong or you meant to say Valier, who IS silent... the longer toDay goes on without a word from her, the longer I'm leaning towards lynching her.

And I think that when we do, you'll be dead too. After all, nonsensical statements are the mark of a werebear!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:07 PM   #137
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I'm here!! I just got home, so I will go read through and be back shortly.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:15 PM   #138
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael:

I could have sworn that said Mac before. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you do know that editing your post without giving a reason is against the rules, right?

Last edited by Rikae; 11-02-2006 at 04:16 PM. Reason: sure to could have sworn
Old 11-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #139
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

I think that Farael and Mac may be our remaining Werecouple. Why you ask....Well I shall tell you....just give me a bit, so I can collect all the evidence I have found or think I have found. I just wanted to put this out there now so I can take my time and post all my suspisions without fear of crossposting a million times.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:22 PM   #140
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Farael:

I could have sworn that said Mac before. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, but you do know that editing your post without giving a reason is against the rules, right?
Please, look right under my siggie if it says "last edited by Farael on..."... I have not edited my post, and frankly I'm a little annoyed that you'd suggest that. And I don't mean werewolf-game, in character, annoyed, I mean that I am not a cheater and it bugs me you'd suggest it.

I can be as crazy as they get while playin Werewolf, but that IS part of my character description.

On to the game though.... Valier is here now, or so she says... I wonder what she has to say? maybe that she is In love with someone?

Edit: Cross-posted with Valier.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:34 PM   #141
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think the quarrel between Farael and Rikae is really weird.

Anyway, it's nearing midnight around here and I'll have to vote soon. I hope I get to read Valier's reasons before I do. I'm torn between her and Durelin at the moment.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:37 PM   #142
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Farael was first to post with his Told you so, Told you so stuff. Ok well this is the thing...Noone knows who the other Werecreatures are except their own Lovers. So you saying you told us so, just to make yourself look good could be completely by accident. Because if you are The Werebear or lover, you very well may have guessed who was Bad, but that does not let you off the hook for being bad yourself.

Next is Mac's post. He conveniently says that we should take a close look at Farael and him, but to remember not to limit ourselves to just them....well duh....It just makes me think that when someone says something like "Oh yeah look at me" They will think people won't because they told them to. (I am obviously a rebel against authority ) Then in his next post Mac, pretty much lets Farael off the hook saying it's his style....I didn't know you knew Farael's style Mac His list of suspects is very weak, nearly everyone on it is kinda suspisious with a little more on me.

I think Kath seems like her normal self and I am inclined to think Lhuna and Rikae innocent as well.
I must say that I am almost convinced that Farael and Mac are the last two if not, then at least one of them is for sures. As I said before, if they turn out not to be, just as I said about Holby, then I will eat my shoe.

I'll be around for a few hours and would like to hear from whoever is around about this.

Last edited by Valier; 11-02-2006 at 04:38 PM. Reason: X-posted with Mac & Farael
Valier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #143
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Yes, of course, I'd be annoyed as well. It may well be I misread it. I would like to mention one thing, though, with regard to "last edited" tags: look at my post #135. Apparently they only appear when you fill in the "reason" box, so it is possible for people to change their posts on the sly. In this case, it could just be my lousy vision.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #144
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valier
Next is Mac's post. He conveniently says that we should take a close look at Farael and him, but to remember not to limit ourselves to just them....well duh....It just makes me think that when someone says something like "Oh yeah look at me" They will think people won't because they told them to. (I am obviously a rebel against authority )
I see your point. Yes, I admit, now that you point it out, that would have made me suspicious of myself if I were you, too. I can only say that I said it in good conscience, but you probably won't believe me and I don't blame you for it.

Quote:
Then in his next post Mac, pretty much lets Farael off the hook saying it's his style....I didn't know you knew Farael's style Mac
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
but that is said to be his style.
Quote:
His list of suspects is very weak, nearly everyone on it is kinda suspisious with a little more on me.
I know it's weak. I'm the person who likes that least. But it is honest and I put down exactly what I thought/felt.

So... her first and third reason I see, her second is due to misunderstanding. I feel better about Valier because of it now. I hope Durelin shows up soon.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:52 PM   #145
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Yes, of course, I'd be annoyed as well. It may well be I misread it. I would like to mention one thing, though, with regard to "last edited" tags: look at my post #135. Apparently they only appear when you fill in the "reason" box, so it is possible for people to change their posts on the sly. In this case, it could just be my lousy vision.
You have a point, I noticed after I actually eddited my last post. Still, I swear to you, I did not and would never cheat.

Quote:
Farael was first to post with his Told you so, Told you so stuff. Ok well this is the thing...Noone knows who the other Werecreatures are except their own Lovers. So you saying you told us so, just to make yourself look good could be completely by accident. Because if you are The Werebear or lover, you very well may have guessed who was Bad, but that does not let you off the hook for being bad yourself.
Hey, I may be bad for all you know, but then maybe you know better.... yet I'm still pretty proud of myself over my perfect record on first-day suspicions. Yes, it may be luck, but let me enjoy my fifteen minutes of sham... *ahem* fame.

Would you like your shoe with salt or perhaps mayo? I'm an ordo.... but I am getting even a stronger feeling you are not. I'd vote for you now, but why hurry?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:05 PM   #146
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ah..... reactions to accusations tells all Thanks
Old 11-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #147
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

To Mordor with having to vote early...

With my lessened suspicion of Valier, I'm now only left with Durelin as a possible vote. But this is not a good thing. I have one vote from Kath and not unlikely a second from Valier and then maybe a third one from Durelin if I vote for her. Three votes of seven means as good as dead.

dammit...

++Durelin

I'm sorry, Durelin, but you're the only one I could vote with a good conscience. I hope you don't retaliate.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:12 PM   #148
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
True, it doesn't let him off the hook, but I'm not sure I understand how this is really evidence that he is bad. (I suspect him myself, but just playing devil's advocate here). After all, I suspected Morm too, and I would have probably said the same thing if Farael hadn't already.
Quote:
Next is Mac's post. He conveniently says that we should take a close look at Farael and him, but to remember not to limit ourselves to just them....well duh....It just makes me think that when someone says something like "Oh yeah look at me" They will think people won't because they told them to.
I seem to recall an ordo doing the same thing in a village not too long ago or far away.
Quote:
I think Kath seems like her normal self and I am inclined to think Lhuna and Rikae innocent as well.
Hmm. This type of blanket "innocent" statement over three people raises alarms for me. I can't say I know what Kath's normal self is like, but she has said some things about Mac that struck me as a tad hasty, considering the evidence.
Quote:
I must say that I am almost convinced that Farael and Mac are the last two if not, then at least one of them is for sures. As I said before, if they turn out not to be, just as I said about Holby, then I will eat my shoe.
A bit of an "I told you so" of your own, eh?
Old 11-02-2006, 05:21 PM   #149
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I am terribly sorry. The Day start/end time has been really bad for me, as a school-goer who doesn't have more than five or ten minutes to post at school...and I need more time than that to actually post something worthwhile.

At any rate, I won't really defend myself, and will only hope that you don't waste a lynch on me. Luckily, though, we still have time, with only one kill at night...though not much time. I will say one thing though: when I voted for Kitanna on day one for the 'flying under the radar' suspicion, I did not forsee myself seemingly doing the same (posting little and garnering little suspicion...well, until now with the latter).

In a way it's nice that there's only one lover-werecreature pair left...and in another way, it isn't...they can't kill each other anymore, and this one pair is "so close" to surviving with each other...

Just two males left? I think it's quite possible that the final pair of lovers consists of two females, and thinking of it as if we have a 50-50 chance of getting the lover/werebear if we lynch one of the males might be very harmful...then again, it might be the truth.

Valier's suggestion of a Farael-Mac pairing makes me really really suspect her... I agree with Mac that the likelyhood of a female-female pairing is pretty high, and I wouldn't be surprised if Valier was a female lover or werecreature trying to draw attention away from the females and toward the males.

Or, Mac could be werecreature or lover, and so my suspicions of Valier are way way off...

I'd almost like to think that Valier and Kath are our final pair...

As for Farael...I'd almost like to vote for him because his posts are so...well, they bother me. But not in the way that I feel makes him a baddie. Rikae...I just don't know about her. Same goes for Lhuna, which bothers me. And really, the same goes for Kath... So, I'm triple-y bothered.

My suggestion if we don't get the pair toDay (and sadly I doubt we will - I'm rather pessimistic) is that the Ranger identify him/herself tomorrow or the next day...as long as they survive...

Just posting this because no one has yet (I'm shocked! ). I hope it's correct...I did it rather quickly:

Farael for Holby (Holby 1)
Holby for Valier (Holy 1 Valier 1)
Kath for Farael (Holby 1 Valier 1 Farael 1)
Lommy for Macalaure (Holby 1 Valier 1 Farael 1 Macalaure 1)
Jenny for Holby (Holby 2 Valier 1 Farael 1 Macalaure 1)
Mac for Valier (Holby 2 Valier 2 Farael 1 Macalaure 1)
Morm for Lommy (Holby 2 Valier 2 Farael 1 Macalaure 1 Lommy 1)
Durelin for Holby (Holby 3 Valier 2 Farael 1 Macalaure 1 Lommy 1)
Fin for Valier (Holby 3 Valier 2 Farael 1 Macalaure 1 Lommy 1)
Valier for Holby (Holby 4 Valier 2 Farael 1 Macalaure 1 Lommy 1)

Edit: Cross-posted with Rikae and Mac...Great.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 05:30 PM   #150
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
My suggestion if we don't get the pair toDay (and sadly I doubt we will - I'm rather pessimistic) is that the Ranger identify him/herself tomorrow or the next day...as long as they survive...
NO!! One and a hundred times no!!! The Ranger is our lone way of learning about "known" innocents. With only one pair of baddies left, if the ranger protects someone successfully we'll know that someone is innocent. How much would it improve the odds right now (or tomorrow for that matter) if the ranger came out? I say, unless s/he is risking being lynched, s/he should stay under wraps as much as possible.

Of course, it's ultimately to their discretion to determine when it's no longer possible, but given that as soon as the ranger speaks up s/he'll most likely be eaten....
Old 11-02-2006, 05:39 PM   #151
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
But if the Ranger doesn't protect an innocent? I'm saying, if it gets down to the last limb...the Ranger can be a known innocent. It is not likely that the werecreature or lover will claim to be the Ranger.

Edit: And wait...do we get to find out who the werecreature tried to kill when the Ranger successfully protects them? I didn't think we did.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #152
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Farael: Good point. If that's the case, though, the Ranger will have to reveal himheritself to share that information, and we don't have much time left. If we don't lynch one of the baddies, we'll go into tonight with four innocents and two baddies, and tomorrow we will have only three innocents left. If we lynch an ordo tomorrow as well, we'll lose the game. Therefore, if we don't win today, we need all the info we can get tomorrow. Knowing one of the three innocents will mean we'll have a 50/50 chance of lynching a werecreature/lover.

EDIT: Xed with Durelin
Old 11-02-2006, 05:47 PM   #153
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
It is not likely that the werecreature or lover will claim to be the Ranger.
Are you sure? All they need to do is stay alive through tomorrow to win.
Old 11-02-2006, 05:54 PM   #154
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Are you sure? All they need to do is stay alive through tomorrow to win.
Of course I'm not sure. I just said it was 'likely.' As you say, they only have to stay alive till tomorrow...and if they have to pull out a Ranger bluff to do that, then they're feeling less confident than I would expect them to. They're not exactly in a bad situation right now, it seems, and if we don't get them today...I think they'll be feeling pretty good tomorrow. Though, you're right - one of them claiming to be the Ranger might be a good way to cause a great deal (more) confusion. That is, if the Ranger survives till tomorrow, anyway.
Old 11-02-2006, 06:16 PM   #155
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I guess I'll go ahead and cast my vote:

++Farael
Old 11-02-2006, 06:55 PM   #156
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

I don't like this silence.

The more I read over Kath and Valier's posts, the more I find it possible that they are lovers, or at least that one of them is. Though with Rikae's vote, I find her and Kath being lovers a possibility, as well (both hashing up "old" suspicions...and yes, they are still valid suspicions, but they also could be interpreted as simply being 'safe' because they have been the continual suspicion...and of course neither will consider the possibility of a female-female lover pair).

Kath is really bothering me... Her votes have been so...easy, or, again, 'safe.' They haven't succeeded in lynching anyone, but they've been for people who have gotten a lot of attention: namely, Mac and Farael, our two final male subjects.

My vote will be for Kath, Valier, or Rikae...starting with most likely and moving toward less likely. But I will wait as close to the deadline as I can, particularly since I do not want to vote without knowing what the likely repercussions of my vote will be (if any), and right now...there's just no way of knowing. I hope everyone finds the time to vote, or likely we're dead meat...

Last edited by Durelin; 11-02-2006 at 07:13 PM. Reason: spelling mistake I could not stand looking at!
Old 11-02-2006, 08:01 PM   #157
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

*wakes up*

Whew, I'm still alive! And thank goodness this isn't a very talkative village, or it will be very hard for me to catch up.

My preliminary observation is that this open argument between Farael and Rikae might be not what it seems. But then again, Farael also argues with Valier. I don't know, Farael, but you boldness is making me too worried. It's too rash a behaviour for an innocent, but the more I look at it the more I'm convinced that that's exactly what you want us to think.

But I'll be off to examine actual evidences and not rely on just gut feelings.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:25 PM   #158
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
It's too rash a behaviour for an innocent, but the more I look at it the more I'm convinced that that's exactly what you want us to think.
I'm feeling...not too smart... Could you explain that further when you post your examinations, if possible? Sorry...I'm easily confused right now.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #159
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Quote:
I'm feeling...not too smart... Could you explain that further when you post your examinations, if possible? Sorry...I'm easily confused right now.
I meant rather viciously attacking two people at once. Well, not really attacking, but arguing. You wouldn't think that a baddie would be so bold as to put that much focus on himself at this crucial stage, but it could be his way of hiding out in the open.

Never mind the possible Rikae-Farael pair, though; Rikae wouldn't vote for Farael when there is still every possibility of him being lynched.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #160
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
I meant rather viciously attacking two people at once. Well, not really attacking, but arguing. You wouldn't think that a baddie would be so bold as to put that much focus on himself at this crucial stage, but it could be his way of hiding out in the open.
You give me too much credit Lhunie.... and keep in mind that I've been acting the same way (for the most part) for three games now... true, I was your lover on the second game, but you cant say this behaviour from me is "odd".

Anyway, I have to go for dinner now, and odds are I won't be back before the dead-line, so I'll cast my vote now

++Valier

She seems the most suspicious, with Rikae a close second. Lhunie, as always, if you are a baddie I'll never know it.