The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #121
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
So do we have a loud, confusing, influential wolf trying to stay close to Nogrod's ideas while keeping a discrete distance from the man himself, or is the wolf just trying to pass itself off as an in-the-dark villager and hope nobody notices?
Now you know exactly how I feel about you two.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:55 PM   #122
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
OK, I might as well start the voting. I've given my reasons why either one could be a wolf, and can't decide between them. However, Valier's behavior is fairly reminiscent of your typical Day One poster (could be a wolf trying to stay under the radar though), while Legate's behavior is still a bit of an issue.

I'd say a Legate-wolf is more dangerous than a Valier-wolf, though, so

++Legate of Amon Lanc
Old 01-16-2008, 12:59 PM   #123
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, and Valier, you're now in a position to cast the deciding vote. If you vote for Legate, he's dead due to having a 2/3 majority. If you vote for me, Legate will also vote for me to save his skin, so I'm dead then.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #124
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
Oh, and Valier, you're now in a position to cast the deciding vote. If you vote for Legate, he's dead due to having a 2/3 majority. If you vote for me, Legate will also vote for me to save his skin, so I'm dead then.
Don't put pressure on me or nothing.... sigh
Old 01-16-2008, 01:02 PM   #125
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait a second. A third possibility occurred to me. If Legate is in fact a Wolf, he may be bold enough to vote for you and cause a triple lynch. Of course, he'd be dead, but it would also guarantee that both an innocent and a Gifted would die. With the wolves accounting for a third of us, they might be more willing to try suicidal tactics.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 PM   #126
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Triple lynches are not allowed. If we all vote for another, there will be a random choice of a lynch.

Wait a minute.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #127
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Wait. If you vote for me and Legate the Werewolf doesn't even vote, he'll kill two innocents without killing himself, three if we count the death overNight. Grrr, the possibilities...

EDIT: Cross-posted with Legate
Old 01-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #128
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Well I think leting the vote go to a randomizer is a cowardly way to end this battle. I don't like the idea of someone not voting either...
Old 01-16-2008, 01:14 PM   #129
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Quote:
he'll kill two innocents without killing himself, three if we count the death overNight.
I'm not 100% sure but I don't think there is any kills till stage 2. seeing as there is no nights in this stage of battle....strange
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #130
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Looking at the possibilities, I'd say who dies is still up to you, Valier. [B}Legate[/B] is almost certainly going to vote for me (he wouldn't vote for himself, and voting for you would just cause you to vote for him). So the second vote for either Legate or me is going to have to come from you.

On the negative side, so much for "no pressure". On the postivie side, though, you aren't going to die.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #131
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Concerning the rules, as far as I know, there are no double nor triple lynches on this Stage.

Second. If Menel is a wolf, he knows we are both innocent. The best for him would be to side with the one of us who does not vote for him, if one of us does, or to side with one of us (up to his choice) if we vote for each other.
Casting a first vote with the pressure is starting the movement, thus, in this case, he would be totally dropping the idea of swaying me to believe him but relying on Valier to side with him.

If Valier is a wolf, Menel is just an innocent who made a mistake. It will be the best for her now to side with him, seal my fate and finish this. However, a careful wolf will wait, because quickly sealing another's fate will place him in the line on Day 1 and later.

EDIT: x-ed with Menel
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-16-2008, 01:25 PM   #132
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Ok this is too much...the suspense of what you're going to do Legate, is maddning. There is too many possibilities...

I also think that a wolf Menel is less of a worry later on then a wolf Legate. If I'm wrong here today. I gotta go with my gut.

++Legate
Old 01-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #133
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

cross posted with Legate

I guess that I am not a careful wolf, or wolf at all for that matter...nice one though Wolf Legate...
Old 01-16-2008, 01:29 PM   #134
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Looking at the possibilities, I'd say who dies is still up to you, Valier. [B}Legate[/B] is almost certainly going to vote for me (he wouldn't vote for himself, and voting for you would just cause you to vote for him). So the second vote for either Legate or me is going to have to come from you.
No sure, Mr. Menel. You could still have retracted and vote for Valier if I did (and if you were innocent). However the formulation of your words makes me think now quite much that you are a wolf betting all on one card.

Okay, now Valier has also cast her vote. Hmm... Okay. Wait a minute.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #135
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

there is no vote retractions Legate.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:34 PM   #136
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ooh, I guess I'm still not familiar with all the rules. I didn't think the votes were retractable.

EDIT: Cross-posted with Valier

Last edited by Meneltarmacil; 01-16-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Meneltarmacil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:40 PM   #137
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Yes, you are right, the votes are not retractable. My mistake. Well then, I guess it's over.

Just watch out then. You just lynched an innocent. Now, one thing, say just "yes" or "no". Do you want me to reveal my role to you? It means, among other things, that the role of the remaining innocent of you will be known also (I'm sure someone would think of it: the remaining one is the other than I am, i.e. if I say I am an ordo, he's a gifted, if I say I'm gifted, he's ordo). If I reveal, the innocent of you will know that I said the truth, for he is the other thing than what I say. But don't say anything to it, just whether I should say it or not. Yes or no?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #138
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

what matter does it make Legate? You could be lying about your role. Since your role will not be reveled to us at all I believe.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #139
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I know. But at least the one remaining person of you who is innocent will know I did not lie. Were I a wolf, I have 50% chance of saying the wrong thing. The innocent person will know I lied if I said I am ordo/gifted and he were the same thing.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:58 PM   #140
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Nothing, uh? Okay. I should say some last words...

Don't worry, we have not lost yet.

Don't worry, I was not the Seer.

Don't worry, I was not the Ranger.

(or how they are called here)

Be wary, one of these two folks is a Wolf. Here are the possibilities, somewhat summed up. If Valier was a wolf, there was no chance to save me at the moment Menel voted me, for she won't be risking enough to vote him and thus leave it to random. This makes me think it might have been indeed her who is a wolf, because she was not sure whether I'm not going to vote her and this way she sealed my fate. Or who knows. Please check carefully and form your own opinons on what I am saying, I don't want to cause more harm than good.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #141
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

For future clarification, I said I'm not the Seer nor the Ranger so that you know they are still out there somewhere. Maybe I am one of the remaining Gifted, maybe I'm an Ordo. I don't want to say it explicitely so that I don't reveal the role of the remaining person who is innocent - Menel or Valier.

Good luck (more than I had). Have fun. Goodbye.

Sorry, x-ed, must have been a second
Old 01-16-2008, 02:06 PM   #142
Volo
Silver in My Silent Heart

Volo has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Skype™ to Volo
White Tree Deadline!

The competition started out well. All three had loads of experience from dealing with Werewolves. One was a renowned Hunter and the other two famous Rangers. At first the three circled each other carefully without raising their arms.

The true elf-wannabe Legate reached for a single silver arrow in his quiver. "I could use Manyshot or Rapid Shot," he thought, "but it gives an attack penalty and moreover, one of them may be a good Gifted. One arrow would have to suffice."

Menel noted this and slowly grasped for his slingshot made out of flexible moose skin. Even now Menel took pride in killing this very moose with his bare hands, by holding the moose’s mouth shut for so long that it died of starvation. He glanced at Legate but decided that Nogrod and McCaber were more dangerous and started searching them with his gaze.

That gave a moment for Valier, the oddly manly woman from the North to lift her own bow . ”This is going to be interesting,” she thought, but mysteriously said, ” I will be around for the majority of the day. I don't work tomorrow, so let us set the standard for the days to come.” As the other two looked at her with mistrust she added, ”It is just us three in this battle, don’t concern yourself with anybody else now.”

Since Menel had lost his balance in the very beginning and his position looked fatal, the pressure slowly closed on him. He took out his sword and tried a thrust at Legate, who quickly made a dodge check, succeeded and retreated a bit. Legate would have tried his Rapid Shot if suddenly Gil-Galad hadn’t jumped in front of him. ”Back off!” shouted Valier in alarm, ”don’t get into the way. I’m trying to find the trace of a Wolf here! Moosehunter, by the way, why do you hunt mooses in the first place, isn’t it what the wolves do?”

Menel put his sword away and began telling his tale. ”I don’t remember much about my childhood but I do know that my parents were killed by a monster moose. I was but a baby then and he tried to kill me as well. But by strage chance I didn’t die. It was hard, living alone in the forest and hiding from the evil moose cult. I grew older and through the school that the forest had to offer found out more about surviving. It was on my 11th birthday, when the Star of the Moose shone bright, that my arch-nemesis, the Weremoose of Sorontil, finally found me again. It was at that moment that I knew that my parents hadn’t died by drinking tainted water and that it wasn’t just a birthmark on my brow, but an evil scar.

”He tried killing me again and I couldn’t have done anything to avoid it. I think I fainted from the pain my scar caused. When I awoke, I saw the Star of the Moose flying at me. I was so beautiful that I felt as if I had become a tree that had roots deep in the ground. It stopped there, thirty feet from me, in the middle of the glade and just shone bright. I had never seen a star like it! The Moose Star was cresent shaped. It looked at, no, through me. I know it sounds odd, but I knew that it was exactly that what happened. Then it started talking!

”It said, ’You are the boy who lived’, and then, ’you are also a Hunter’. I managed to crawl closer to it and saw that the Star held a helmet of wonder. It shone as the britest sun. The Star said, ’This is the Helm of War made from Sorontil’s Moose’s twinbrother’s, Tilnosor’s, antlers. With this you shall defeat the Weremoose! Good luck and thanks for all the fish!’ The star flew away and left me holding the Helm in my hands”.

Menel took off his helm and under it was a great red scar in the shape of antlers. He looked old, but also great and majestic. ”This is the Helm, and this is the Scar. I finally killed the evil Moose of Sorontil when I was 17. Heck, I wasn’t even a real Hunter back then… From that moment I pledged myself to the Star to be its champion in ridding the world of those vile creatures, mooses. For the Star also spoke to me so, ’One day you will be a star yourself, for the free Men of Middle-earth. You shall be called by the greatest of Kings to enter a contest of strength in the middle of the Sea. Do so, for you shall acquire something that will help you rid the world of Evil for ever’. So it spoke and now I know what it meant! And because of that-”

He revealed his sword and jumped at the male Ranger. *dice roll: Dodge check: miss* The thrust hit Legate’s side and he stumbled. *dice roll: Diplomacy check: miss* ”I wish you no harm. Exept that I must kill one of you to obtain immortality, but I don’t mean it badly. Hey, come on, be fair! Valier vote Menel so I have better chances of winning!”

”I also think that a wolf Menel is less of a worry later on then a wolf Legate. Nice one though Wolf Legate” cried Valier, quickly tracked down her sword and thrust it deep into Legate’s gut. ”Done!”

Legate fell to the ground shaking violently. He caughed blood and cursed in Noldorin. Menel and Valier stepped closer to him and put the tips of their swords at Legate’s throat, they were both smiling broadly. Suddenly, the eyes of the dying Ranger turned red and began shining. Baffled, the Hunter and the Ranger backed off. Legate stood up with great care. He whiped his mouth with his sleeve and stared at the two with his horrid shining eyes.

A booming voice filled the temple. It was Legate’s, but much deeper and he didn’t have his mouth open. ”I am no Wolf! Neither am I a Man! I am an Elf! An immortal superior being! You may not- you can not kill me! Nobody can kill me for I a have absolute power!” *dice roll: Regain health check: [the die rolled around for a few very intense seconds and then… It stopped on 21!] Valar-like!* Legate’s wounds closed themselves and he grew taller. ”Muahahaha! See what I mean!” *dice roll: teleport: Valar-like!*

And with a blinding flash of red light he was gone.

------~~

The next day was quite the same, although the audience had doubled and Ugh-Friedrich held such a touching speech that nobody could remember what he actually said. It did contain the names of McCaber, Naria and Roa Aoife.

---------~~

Around:
Brinniel
THE Ka
Shastanis Althereduin
satansaloser2005
Aganzir
McCaber
Nogrod
The Might
Thinlómien
Valier
Groin Redbeard
Meneltarmacil
Kath
Gil-Galad
Roa_Aoife
Naria
Azaelia of Willowbottom
Isabellkya
Rikae
A Little Green
Ugh-Friedrich (host)

Gone:
Legate of Amon Lanc - lynched on Day0.1 - teleported away

---------~~

Day0.1 ended, Day0.2 began.

McCaber, Naria and Roa may post and vote (for eachother). Others sit in silence.

Last edited by Volo; 02-02-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Volo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #143
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The glare of the sun, the roar of the crowd, and the scent of dried blood flooded Roa’s senses as she stepped into the arena. A chill ran over her skin. The outcome of the last battle had been unexpected, and it left her with heavy thoughts. Still, she catalogued it away, knowing that she could nothing about it if she didn’t survive the battle before her. She drew her swords and pointed one at each of her opponents. One of them was a demon in disguise, and one was as innocent as she. If at all possible she wanted to kill beast, for who knew when they would come to kill the survivors? She carefully watched her opponents and turned her mind to the only clues currently available- their very words on that first day.

Poor Legate, if he was what he says. That would mean an innocent (possible gifted) was lynched because the two others agreed on the logic that he would more dangerous as a wolf than either of them. See what a lack of discussion causes? Had either Menel or Valier been more active in the beginning, the day may have gone much differently. Which, of course, could have been the plan all along.

On the other hand, he could have been lying. He was rather vague at the end. A wolf wouldn’t benefit much from that, except to draw suspicion onto Menel and Valier. Or he could have been a Counselor.

Still, it doesn’t matter now.

I’ll be back in a moment with analysis on Naria and McCaber. Eru help me, I look to be in the same position as Legate.

Also, I may have to vote early- a holiday is coming up, and that means every place where I can gain internet acess will be closed, and the cable guy won't show up till after the end of this day. So, here's hoping there's more to go on than Day 1 before that time, because I really don't want to make this decision on such little information.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #144
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Let's get this Day started. So it's me, Naria, and Roa. As a man in a similar situation once said, "Let's dance."

Now I've some posts to read and study. I'll tell you what I think of them when I'm done.

EDIT: x'd with Roa
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 PM   #145
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Initial thoughts: Roa looks alright at first glance. But as others have said, she just seems too agreeable. That could be a wolf trying to make early allies, or just an innocent trying not to attract too much attention.

Naria simply hasn't spoken enough for me to form an opinion. So naturally I suspect her.

I know I have been pretty much silent for the game, but I had to make a last minute journey which kept me away for most of Day 0. (I had to drop the deer hides off at the tanner. Seriously.) I hope you don't hold that against me.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #146
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
*jumps up and down*"Oooo I get to play with Roa...McCaber is new, but oooo I get to play with Roa!!!" Naria Whats'erface calmed herself and pushed some hair out of her face and smoothed out her dress.

Ahh ok. I don't really want to speculate too much on what transpired earlier this Day, but I think Menel and Valier may have caught a wolf...judging by Legate's last posts. Like I said though, purely speculation. At any rate we need to focus on eachother this time. I'm afraid that I won't be of too much help right away. I have to work in...ohhh geez right away!! I'll be back in about 9hours. *Hears a weird noise vaguely familiar to sand paper rubbing against eachother and looks over to see Roa grinding her teeth at Naria*
Old 01-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #147
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Please correct me if I’ve misinterpreted something.

McCaber Analysis- Initial

1st – Doesn’t see a reason to throw out suspicions so early in the day, says Nogrod’s vocalness could work against him, as Valier and Groin’s quietness could work against them, but currently suspects Ka and Legate, for monologues and dice rolls, says we shouldn’t put much stock in this

Right off the bat I find it odd that he says he doesn’t see a reason to suspect people, and then lays out his suspicions of people. Then there’s the contradiction of Nogrod’s loudness being a tool along with Valier and Groin’s quietness. The wording is odd, but I can’t figure out why.

2nd – Thanks Menel for saying that loud wolves are more dangerous than quiet wolves, says he doesn’t like to share every thought that crosses his mind.

Is he saying this because he’s new and didn’t know what to do? Or is it because he’s a wolf and was hoping someone else would point away from his general direction? Also, people who keep ideas and thoughts to themselves don’t help the village- they hinder it. If you think something is suspicious, point it out for the rest of us. Stir discussion so that we have something to talk about, and so we can catch the wolves in their lies. Maybe not every single thought is necessary, but more than one or two would be better.

And… that’s it. McCaber, why didn’t you return? You threw out some admittedly poor suspicions, complained about people picking on the quiet ones, and then disappeared.

Naria Analysis- Initial

1st – Says she forgot we could speak on that day, nothing suspicious jumps out at her, chatter is just going in circles, says she’s really unable to make long or numerous posts, will attempt further comment

Okay, I almost didn’t realize we could speak on Day 0.0, so I can believe that Naria forgot. Other than that, this post is really bland. Nothing is suspicious, there’s nothing to argue against, and she’s bad at being talkative. And that’s all from Naria. Wher did you go? Did you form any suspicions? Why didn’t you make further comment?

With only this, McCaber has more wolfish behavior than Naria, but that’s only because Naria’s one post said little to nothing. It feels almost un fair to vote for him just because Naria didn’t really say anything wolfish, or really, anything at all. What a dilemma….

Edit: Cross-posted. Glad to see everyone's here. *grin* I'm looking forward to it too, Naria.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #148
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Menel, I explained my agreeableness in my last post of Day 0.0. Please go look there, and if you find a problem with that explanation, question me. I don't feel like going over it again.

Naria, you're going? Oh no! I won't be here in 9 hours, and I won't be able to get back on after I leave. Now I really do have nothing to work with regarding you. This is not good.

Old 01-16-2008, 02:58 PM   #149
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber, not Menel... I'm so sorry. I guess I'm still thinking of the previous fight.

Anways, still there?

Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #150
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I have to eat and run some errands. Please talk a little bit more. I don't want to make a decision on this alone.

Old 01-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #151
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Oh, I'm here. I'm not saying I have a problem with your agreeablility, I just think it's something to think about.

And unforeseen RL reasons dragged me away. I thought I went through that.

I won't be here in 9 hours either. You're right about that not being good, Roa.

EDIT: crossed with Roa.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:05 PM   #152
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ah, I saw your post about the journey thing. I cross-posted with it.

Any other thoughts? I'll be back with in the hour I think, so please share.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #153
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

One thing - the reason I thanked Menel in my second post is this: I think a lot, from many different positions. If I said everything that crossed my mind, I would contradict myself twelve times from Tuesday. It probably would be held against me, and it leads to a premature death from either side.

Now, what we've all been waiting for - an analysis of Roa.

1. Introduction. Agrees with Nogrod on the importance of the Day, suspects Lommy, and wants actual content in posts.
2. Responds to Groin. A quote - "It's better to suspect many than to suspect none." Wise.
3. Points out that the wolves don't know each other, suspects Lommy, Ka, and Menel.
4. Both loud and quiet wolves are dangerous.
5. Updates to current tactics.
6. Tries to spark conversation.
7. Wonders why no one is talking
8. Says why Day 0 is important, doesn't want to face quiet people in the arena (heh heh).
9. Leaves for the night.
10. Comes back, defends herself, votes for Menel.
11. Small talk with Nogrod.
12. Starts the day, considers Legate's identity.
13. Analyzes Naria and myself. Suspects me.
14. An explanation and regret about Naria
15. Corrects my name (thank you, by the way. I was about to comment on that.)
16. Says she has to leave.
17. Leaves

There's a lot there to look at. Again, not very suspicious at first glance. She just seems more innocent or gifted than wolf. This would be a much easier choice if Naria gave us more content. As it is, I suspect Naria slightly more, but I would like more from her to look at.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:25 PM   #154
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I'm back, and a thought occured to me whilst I was out and about.

This post is going to be a bit stream of consciousness.

So, nothing new. At this point, if nothing changes, I may have to vote McCaber simply because I have actual reasons to suspect him, rather than just not knowing anything, like Naria. On the other hand, if Naria is the wolf she will have made a very easy and neat escape....

I'm not going to vote Naria just because she could be more dangerous- that would be very poor reasoning. At the same time, voting McCaber just because he's around and Naria's not is also poor reasoning. But then, voting Naria just because she's not around is poor reasoning.

McCaber did somethings that seem suspicious to me, but what if it's just because he's new? Naria's lack of input or opinion is also suspicious, but if RL keeps her away then there's nothing to be done about it.

I'm thinking in circles. @_@ I'd flip a coin if I didn't believe so strongly in having a real reason for voting someone.

*sigh* McCaber, are you still around? any thoughts?

Edit: crossposted with McCaber, naturally.

Old 01-16-2008, 05:12 PM   #155
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa, you do seem innocent to me at the moment. Remember that we still have a lot of time left before the deadline, so there's no need to get hasty. Naria still has to make a major appearance.

(I had a much longer post, but internet problems destroyed it. Cursed Windows.)
Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #156
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The problem, McCaber, is that I won't be around when Naria makes her appearance, unless there's a miracle and I can finangle a few more hours here (unlikely) Even then, I won't be able to be around at the end of the day. In realilty, I have about 4-5 hours left before I have to vote.

Your posts today are making me think better of you, but like I said to Agan, if you're a wolf trying to curry favor by thinking I'm innocent, it won't work. However, you did answer my questions more or less.

And for those who are watching, I know at least one of you is saying "What? Roa never let's go once she's tasted blood!" I have this to say: It's true that once I start to form suspicions on someone I rarely let up. However, that has caught me more innocents than wolves, and on a day like today, with so much hanging in the balance, I can't afford that kind of a mistake.

Hence my distress at having to form an opinion on Naria with nothing to work with....

Old 01-16-2008, 05:39 PM   #157
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I can sympathize with your time constraints. I remember having to spend twelve or fourteen hours a day at high school with all the activities I was in.

I'm really not into "currying favor," as you put it. If I tried it, it would come back to haunt me and I would probably die.

And thank you for being open-minded. I was nervous going into toDay. I still am, to a point, but I think I have a chance of surviving.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:10 PM   #158
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Alright, I've made myself dizzy with circular thinking. Here's what I've come to:

McCaber did some suspicious looking things up front, but he's explained himself well, and right now he seems reasonable and well thought out. There's just one thing that I need to ask:

Why do you suspect Naria? You've mentioned a couple times that you find her suspicious, but the only thing I've got is that there's nothing there to look at.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #159
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
Why do you suspect Naria?
Out of us three, one of us is a werewolf. I cannot suspect myself, and I really don't suspect you right now. And Naria has given us nothing to look at. For me, it is a process of elimination.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #160
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I see...

That's where my reasoning was going. I just had to check. At this point, I don't think you're a wolf, and I know I'm not. I'm not going to be here when Naria gets back, and staring at the computer isn't going to change anything.

I'm going to put this off as long as possible, just because I feel really uneasy about this choice. This match up just seems terribly unfair... Naria can't be here for the first half, and I can't be here for the second. McCaber looks like an innocent Newbie to me, but I can't help but feel that Naria deserves a chance to defend herself.

I think I've been away too long, all my old instincts just aren't coming back, and I can't find that confidence I used to have.