The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-24-2005, 02:28 PM   #1281
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Estelyn, Bethberry, and The Saucepan Man all sit in the entmoot, and each have a 20 inch binder named 'Every ounce of Tolkien you'll need to impress people with your knowlege'. They go around in a circle reading from it in Entish. There's a computer sitting in the center, and they go around, dumbfounding the ents in the downs with their knowlege!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 04:57 PM   #1282
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Whoa, I always thought Ang was closer to his mid-upper thirties as well...

Holbytlass has long black hair and can best be described as spunky. Though she might not have the most natural talent, she makes up for it with hard work. She has an excellent sense of humor and many friends.

Most everyone thinks I should have reddish hair... maybe I should dye it.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:06 AM   #1283
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Anguirel? 16? No way! You are at least 18 in my mind!

Call me weird, but Formendacil and Anguirel look alike for me.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:59 AM   #1284
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen
Anguirel? 16? No way! You are at least 18 in my mind!

Call me weird, but Formendacil and Anguirel look alike for me.
No!!

It cannot be!

I am a unique individual. I am!!

My mental images of people tend to start out based on their avatars or usernames, then grow to encompass some strangenesses that are somehow connected to their posts, and then shift somewhat again when you learn/see what they actually look like.

To take Hookbill, for example, he originally started out, in my mind, as a thirties-ish, married, with two kids, goof- from somewhere in the southern States.

He then progressed to lose the kids (in my mental estimation), lose the wife, acquire a girlfriend, as well as about 50 lbs, and move up to New York.

Upon reception and/or distortion of the facts, Hookbill again moved, to somewhere in London, England. He lost the girlfriend, gained back about 20 lbs, and reset the clock back to 18ish...

He's still a goof, though...
Old 09-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #1285
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Upon reception and/or distortion of the facts, Hookbill again moved, to somewhere in London, England. He lost the girlfriend, gained back about 20 lbs, and reset the clock back to 18ish...
Oooh, much more northern than London I'm afraid; there are other places in Blighty you know. Yes, I am 18 (In a week) though. I actually live in a quaint little village called Parbold, in the sort of between Liverpool and Manchester. Lots of hills and green fields.

Quote:
he's still a goof
I prefer the term 'eccentric'.

Formendacil, you have been, in my mind, a tall ish american with short ish hair and wears a lot of dark clothes.

The Saucepan Man seems to me, despite seeing his picture, to be a Yorkshire man with a beard like a rhododendron.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #1286
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Silmaril Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookbill the Goomba
The Saucepan Man seems to me, despite seeing his picture, to be a Yorkshire man with a beard like a rhododendron.
I salute you !

A man who can spell rhododendron, it is truely admirable.

I pledge my loyalty to you and only you ! ! !

(I just thought it deserved a post)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:03 PM   #1287
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
I've always imagined Anguirel as somewhat like morm and Alatar (who have always been rather similar in my mind.) He's in his late 20's to early 30's, married, and has two or three small children. He's probably tall, and very funny.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:04 PM   #1288
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'd imagined him like that too until he started going around claiming to be 16.

Now I'm a bit scared of him...I imagine him to be like that child prodigy with the golden curls, you know the telly antiques expert.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:55 PM   #1289
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Oooh, much more northern than London I'm afraid; there are other places in Blighty you know. Yes, I am 18 (In a week) though. I actually live in a quaint little village called Parbold, in the sort of between Liverpool and Manchester. Lots of hills and green fields.
And any Tolkien fan worth his or her eleven copies of the Lord of the Rings knows it.

However, as I mentioned, the distortion factor kicked in, and you, decided my mind, must be a Londoner.

Quote:
Formendacil, you have been, in my mind, a tall ish american with short ish hair and wears a lot of dark clothes.
Ack!

An American? Not one of those! To quote a famous beer commercial:

"I am Canadian"

And very proud of it.

The rest of it isn't exactly wrong, isn't exactly right.

And an interesting thing I learned about myself today is that I tend to blur Hookbill and TOREstel in my mind. If I think of them as people, they are quite distinct, but after reading a, say, Crazy Captions post by one of them, and then scrolling down, I'm hardpressed to say which one posted.
Old 09-26-2005, 08:26 PM   #1290
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by Formendacil:
Ack!

"I am Canadian"

And very proud of it.
*grumbles* Not ALL Americans are bad. Take Homeschoolers for instance. They're pretty smart and usually not too twisted in the American ways...at least...as long as they keep away from the Civil War. *cough cough*

Reading this thread, I find that I refuse to post any more descriptions. Half the people I think are girls are boys, and half the people I think are boys are girls. It's really quite awful, and has been (more than once) embarrassing when I voice those thoughts.

-- Folwren
Old 09-26-2005, 09:11 PM   #1291
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf Folwren:

Quote:
Reading this thread, I find that I refuse to post any more descriptions. Half the people I think are girls are boys, and half the people I think are boys are girls. It's really quite awful, and has been (more than once) embarrassing when I voice those thoughts. (Folwren)
As I've always said . . .

Getting it all horribly wrong is half the fun.

For example, if I were to find out that you're actually a 27-year old birdtamer from New Mexico, with long brown hair, green eyes, and a pet emu, I'd be very much surprised!

Last edited by Nilpaurion Felagund; 09-26-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 11:57 PM   #1292
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Hookbill the Goomba is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Sorry for insulting you Formendacil!

But on a lighter note, I have recently replaced my image of Gil-gallad with one of a young-ish Canadian with black hair, orange eyes (no idea why) and a giant slug as a pet. Nilp sometimes goes to feed it with other giant creatures. *Sees that everyone thinks I am crazy*
Old 09-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #1293
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally placed by Nilp:
For example, if I were to find out that you're actually a 27-year old birdtamer from New Mexico, with long brown hair, green eyes, and a pet emu, I'd be very much surprised!
lol! I would be surprised, too, actually. If that description of me would surprise you, what do you picture me as?

-- Folwren
Old 09-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #1294
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Ack!

"I am Canadian"

And very proud of it.
Do I sense a little anti-American in your words! I'm not too pleased by that, since I am one of them. Oh, well, I'm not terribly offended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
*grumbles* Not ALL Americans are bad. Take Homeschoolers for instance. They're pretty smart and usually not too twisted in the American ways
Why thank you! I was homeschooled, although I'm not sure homeschooling through college(where I am) would work out so well. Something about accreditation(sp) would probably come up.

But here I am telling about me, when I should be guessing about others. So back to the aimless hypothesizing:

I see Rune Son of Bjarne in his upper teens to early twenties, so within two of twenty. He's in college, does not currently have a job(to concetrate on school), and owns a dog. He's actually quite popular, keeping a pretty vibrant social life, but keeps ahead in his studies. Sometimes he's a bit eccentric, but never for any substantial period of time. Oh, and he has pledged loyalty to TGWBS.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #1295
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurthang
Do I sense a little anti-American in your words! I'm not too pleased by that, since I am one of them. Oh, well, I'm not terribly offended.
It's usual with small countries near bigger countries. They've fought for so long to preserve identity, they hate it when people confuse them with "the enemy".

You should try mistaking a Scot for one of the southern sassenach...
Old 09-27-2005, 11:10 AM   #1296
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I've noticed that I tend not to categorize 'Downers with countries of origin even when I know what said countries are. Except Saucie. But he's the exception that proves the rule.

And that's not saying that I automatically think of everyone as American... I just don't think about countries at all. Or languages. I know these things, mind you. I'm terribly jealous of Heren's knowledge of English, for example, but I rarely pay attention to it. I tend to look more to what is being said than to who is saying it.

I could never draw an accurate depiction of our community members. It would take the comfort of anonymity out of our experience here.

However inaccuracy is supreme!

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a vintage rock star, without piercings, but with long hair and scruffy two-days since shaved facial hair. He wears patched trenchcoats and eschews jeans for black pants. There are chains involved, but in a very classic sort of way. Girls flock to him, as they do to every extremely good looking lead singer who is also the master of riffage. His fantastic wit does no harm either.

The Barrow-Wight lives in a cave.

The Phantom is Fëanor. Inconceivably talented, with arrogance to match, and yet we can't help but love him and listen to everything he says. There are very few that can deny him his will.

Folwren... I can't stop thinking of cute little songbirds. In the autumn. You know, fall wrens.

Thenamir is Zeus. Without the womanizing, of course.

Feanor of the Peredhil greets people with the classic "I'm about to take a picture of one of your body parts. I haven't decided which one yet, but it's for an art class, so you shouldn't worry. Just so you know. Oh yeah, how was class?"
Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 AM   #1297
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Not to get distracted... but my "fury" at being mistaken for an American was mainly humourous in intent.

Although, if I'm going to get mistaken for a foreigner online, I'd prefer to be taken for a Brit. I dunno why, they're just cooler. Maybe its because Tolkien was British. Furthermore, since people can only tell your country of origin by what you say about yourself, or by your writing styles, it ought to be quite clear from "flavour", "favourite", "labour", "colour", "centre", and so on and so forth, that I am not American...

And, as noted by Anguirel (my twin, sigh...), people in smaller countried DO hate being taken for their powerhouse next door neighbours. It doesn't matter if your next door neighbours are the NicestPeopleInTheWorlders, you DO try to preserve your own identity.

And I have to confess, that while everyone else here knows SaucepanMan as British, I keep picturing him as Canadian, from somewhere between Ottawa and Toronto.

Sorry about that, eh.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:29 PM   #1298
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I too imagined Anguirel and mormegil - the two Swordies, if I may - as very similar. The 18ness still has me in shock, and on the subject, I was terribly surprised to find out how young Formendacil is. I pictured him as... I can't remember anymore. But old.

Quote:
Rune Son of Bjarne... has pledged loyalty to TGWBS.
To Hookbill, I think you'll find. I couldn't spell rhododendron to save my life. Unless that's how you spell it, in which case I evidently can.

Quote:
You should try mistaking a Scot for one of the southern sassenach...
You should try having fiercely patriotic Scottish teachers. It'd make you think Scotland had actually achieved something... or was still an indepedent country... or something.

Arbitrary on-topicness:

Folwren is a vague, ambiguous blob until I figure out his/her gender. The blob is sort of pinky and gaseous. And glows.

Feanor, despite my knowing (I think) that she is quite tall, is now about 5'5". She wears lots of eyeshadow and wears a black, Gothic skirt. She can often be seen twirling and dancing around in it, creating what some would call music on her panpipes.

Last edited by the guy who be short; 09-27-2005 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Spelling
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #1299
Hookbill the Goomba
Alive without breath

Thumbs up

Don't worry shotie, it took me five attempts for word spell checker to tell me what it was.

Rhododendron, how comical!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #1300
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Feanor, despite my knowing (I think) that she is quite tall, is now about 5'5". She wears lots of eyeshadow and wears a black, Gothic skirt. She can often be seen twirling and dancing around in it, creating what some would call music on her panpipes.
Tall? My, my. Your guess gives me an extra inch, m'boy. And I thought we agreed to keep those panpipes on the down low.

TGWBS is not short. My imagination will not allow him to be. He is about 5'9", maybe taller, and... well... shh, but he's actually Orlando Bloom.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:37 PM   #1301
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Quote:
Eomer of the Rohirrim is a vintage rock star, without piercings, but with long hair and scruffy two-days since shaved facial hair. He wears patched trenchcoats and eschews jeans for black pants. There are chains involved, but in a very classic sort of way. Girls flock to him, as they do to every extremely good looking lead singer who is also the master of riffage. His fantastic wit does no harm either.
Fea, I love you! I have been trying for a long time to describe the way I imagine Eomer but I'm terrible with adjectives. You must have read my mind or something!

***looks at everyone's reaction to her strange outburst and sinks under desk***
Old 09-27-2005, 01:53 PM   #1302
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

I'll have you know it's only in the last few years that Scotland has become slightly rubbish.

Hmm, let's see. If I'm a vintage rock star, then...

The Only Real Estel is the drummer. Come on, he holds the tune together; he makes sure that everything makes sense; when I'm almost ruining everything by seriously considering leaving wilwa the Shiriff alive on the final night of Werewolf, he's......you get the idea. (Plus, he's clearly rock'n'roll).

SamwiseGamgee is on bass. He's not actually around that much, but his presence is felt everywhere (especially on The Greatest Thread of All Time) and I notice immediately when he stops playing.

TGWBS is on keyboards, because every group needs their insane, shrieking keyboard player (well, maybe 'needs' isn't the right word.....anyway, he's there!) Though he will probably be the first one kicked out for substance abuse.

Fordim Hedgethistle is management. Obvious, really. He is power. He sets us on our way in the backstabbing world so very well, because as far as backstabbing goes, he's been there before.

Mormegil and Firefoot are the roadies. Really not sure why, but I'm sure they'd do a great job.

And Fea is the....well, you know. It begins with a 'G'. (Sorry, couldn't resist. )

And that's how I've imagined those mentioned for the past ten minutes.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:50 AM   #1303
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Leaf

Quote:
lol! I would be surprised, too, actually. If that description of me would surprise you, what do you picture me as? (Folwren)
I dunno . . . a small brownish songbirds of the family Troglodytidae, having rounded wings, a slender bill, and a short, often erect tail?

A wren, you mean?

Ummm yeah. Sorry Folwren, you come across me as one of them mysterious types.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:59 AM   #1304
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Quote:
No!!

It cannot be!

I am a unique individual. I am!!
Now, now, don't get too excited.

You cannot blame me, really. You both showed (and continue to show) inherent knowledge in the lore of Middle Earth. You both scaled the heights of the reputation system at an admirable pace. Wouldn't that make anyone think you must look alike or something?

I'll try to conjure a unique picture for Anguirel, for your sake.

Quote:
Anguirel (my twin, sigh...)
But if you insist...

Now that you said it, Fea, Eomer does have the makings of a rock star. The eyeliner alone does the trick. But I still can't get the deep, mellow voice out of my head.

Wrong thread, kiddo.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:48 AM   #1305
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Leaf Lhunardawen.

Well, she's a slug. A giant slug who spits acids and replicates into millions or tiny slugs.

She once fought alongside a giant frog with a dagger against a giant snake with horns. She ended up sitting back as the frog turns the snake into roast reptile.

No, this isn't allegory.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:03 AM   #1306
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Nilp's avatars have had a strong impact on the way I view him. When I think of the lad I always view some anime character never an actual human...but maybe I'm not too far off
Old 09-28-2005, 07:07 AM   #1307
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Silmaril

Nilp, you should know that I'm not the slug herself.

morm, all he and his avatar have in common is the long, black hair. Aside from that, he can only wish he looks like his avatar. Especially those red eyes.

(to Nilp)
Old 09-28-2005, 07:13 AM   #1308
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Leaf Re: Myself

Actually, morm, you shouldn't listen to my sluggish sister. I am actually the guy in my avvie. She should know. I burnt her to a crisp with my divine illumination technique once.

Actually, the photo he plans to post in the BD album would have him resembling the guy in his avvie. So there.

Alice, no spoilers!
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 PM   #1309
Bêthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bêthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Silmaril

The Ghosted Princess has that air about her of supreme self-possession and accomplishment, but this is hardly unexpected given her real life affairs.

In her other life, she is the headmistress of a Swiss finishing school for girls--the composed and polished woman of a certain age who acts always with great aplomb. She is elegant, with a cordial, urbane manner which never patronises others but which subtly announces, one might even say, imposes, her authority. She is imperturbable.

When wearing skirts, her silk slips swish ever so slightly; her hair is never out of place. When she walks, one can still see the mannerisms of her training: she could walk balancing a book on her head without dropping it and descend a staircase without looking down.

An accomplished horsewoman, she still rides regularly, although music is her stronger forté. She both sings and plays the piano for her private amusement and that of her closest companions. Her parfum is Chanel #5 and her signature in life is Alléger, suprimer, ne garder que l'essentiel, tel est le secret de l'intemporel.

Last edited by Bêthberry; 09-28-2005 at 06:49 PM. Reason: sp. sp. sp.
Bêthberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #1310
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

TGWBS...very amusing, your present picture of me.

I have one picture to draw for you...but it's pretty much from his own writing.

Fordim Hedgethistle - A hobbit. But not any hobbit. A very short hobbit. (Really, you all should read his stuff in the Green Dragon, it's quite hilarious.) And he wears humongous boots, and for some reason, I see red boots. Red boots with the hat that his Avator has. (I hope that I'm thinking of the right Avator.) He's got a serious face for a hobbit...

I know it's not possibly how you look, Fordim, but your character there at the Dragon is so easily picked up on that that's how I see you now. Sorry.

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2005, 04:20 PM   #1311
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Boromir88 is now Jeff, the host from Survivior, in my mind. But a less annoying Jeff, with a better sense of humour.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #1312
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

i steal all my pictures of people from their avatars. if they don't have a face or something in it, i don't really get a picture.

the guy who be short is a small guy who is always throwing people these fierce looks.

perky is hobbs, and is easygoing and inquizative. im not really sure why he's inquizative, but he is.

wayne is a guy with buff arms that are always crossed. and has a handlebar mustache and is very spastic.

the pantom is the very shadow of death, as he dines on my corpse!
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #1313
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Leaf mormegil

Now, I don't know why, but everytime I watch the video of Wake Me Up When September Ends, the guy there who joins the army always reminds me of you. It's really . . . weird.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #1314
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Quote:
The Only Real Estel is the drummer. Come on, he holds the tune together; he makes sure that everything makes sense; when I'm almost ruining everything by seriously considering leaving wilwa the Shiriff alive on the final night of Werewolf, he's......you get the idea. (Plus, he's clearly rock'n'roll).
This just two days removed from being told (again) that I should be a drummer because "I have the hair for it & I look like one." You are amazing, Eomer. Although I must admit I don't see how I "held anything together" or "made sure anything made sense"...
The Only Real Estel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:36 PM   #1315
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Quote:
Originally posted by Nilp:
I dunno . . . a small brownish songbirds of the family Troglodytidae, having rounded wings, a slender bill, and a short, often erect tail?

A wren, you mean?

Ummm yeah. Sorry Folwren, you come across me as one of them mysterious types.
Quote:
Originally posted by TGWBS:
Folwren is a vague, ambiguous blob until I figure out his/her gender. The blob is sort of pinky and gaseous. And glows.
Quote:
Originally posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
Folwren... I can't stop thinking of cute little songbirds. In the autumn. You know, fall wrens.
Quote:
Originally posted by Durelin:
Folwren is an eagle/hawk/miscellaneous bird of prey, who is an exceptional writer/typer regardless of her talons.
I think you guys need some serious help, because I'm not a bird (be it wren or falcon) and I'm certainly not a shapeless blob. Ask someone else for help, though, because I'm finding all this very amusing and am not about to give it to you myself.

-- Folwren
Old 09-28-2005, 08:44 PM   #1316
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I can't really picture Folwren in my mind but I can however see me and her being really good friends if we ever met. Not to metion we make such and awsome team in the ridding of Elves in LOTR Survivor.

Quote:
Boromir88 is now Jeff, the host from Survivior, in my mind. But a less annoying Jeff, with a better sense of humour.
Wow!! I can see that to!! And I thought I was going crazy!!!
Old 09-28-2005, 09:09 PM   #1317
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
For quite a long time I thought of Formendacil as around 45 years old, slightly balding, and a bit plump around the middle. I have since found out that this is so far off track it's laughable! He seemed much too mature to me to be only 18, but then again most people on the 'Downs seem much more mature than their actual ages.
Old 09-28-2005, 10:03 PM   #1318
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orominuialwen
For quite a long time I thought of Formendacil as around 45 years old, slightly balding, and a bit plump around the middle. I have since found out that this is so far off track it's laughable! He seemed much too mature to me to be only 18, but then again most people on the 'Downs seem much more mature than their actual ages.
Aack! I sound like C.S. Lewis. Hmm... that's not such a bad thing.

I seem to recall you mentioning that you were going to World Youth Day- and I had a sig up for a month or so saying that I was/would be gone there. How could you not make the connection?

No chaperone, I!

To return the "compliment", I used to picture Orominuialwen with hair a good deal straiter and darker than the picture she uses in her avatar- and which she claims is her real picture... Probably because of the Elvish name. Also probably related to that, I had her mentally pegged at about ten years older.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:13 AM   #1319
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bêthberry
The Ghosted Princess...
Don't believe a word of it! This young lady has a highly fertile imagination and, aside from the piano playing, has invented the whole description. Anyone who has met me personally, as she has, knows that my curls, like wizards, are precisely where they mean to be - which does not necessarily coincide with the place I'd like to have them!

But on the whole, it's a wonderful princess description, and if you think Fiona when you think of me, that's a nice daytime (= virtual) persona. Another by night (= RL)...
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2005, 03:21 AM   #1320
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TORE
This just two days removed from being told (again) that I should be a drummer because "I have the hair for it & I look like one."
Wow... you actually do as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eonwe
the guy who be short is a small guy who is always throwing people these fierce looks.
Dear Eonwe, that small guy is none but Gandy himself!

Quote:
TGWBS is on keyboards, because every group needs their insane, shrieking keyboard player (well, maybe 'needs' isn't the right word.....anyway, he's there!) Though he will probably be the first one kicked out for substance abuse.
what makes you say that? And I'd be glad to be the shrieker.

Quote:
Tall? My, my. Your guess gives me an extra inch, m'boy. And I thought we agreed to keep those panpipes on the down low.
My. That must be Enca who's 5'9" then. Very similar, you two. And you'll figure those pipes out in no time.

Quote:
TGWBS is not short. My imagination will not allow him to be. He is about 5'9", maybe taller, and... well... shh, but he's actually Orlando Bloom.
I don't understand the recurrence of the "TGWBS is tall" theme. I can only conclude that the rest of you are all abusing substances, as opposed to me...
Orlando Bloom though? I certainly wouldn't mind that.

Eomer, now that he has formed a band, is the typical thin-as-a-stick rock star. He believes in the attractive qualities of eyeliner, encouraging other members to undergo the same make-up processes as him. He wields a pink guitar (a manly pink, that is) and shrieks a lot when excited in the middle of a song.

Glirdan is constantly eating something very bright and sugary.

The Saucepan Man's home is void of spam. Many pots and pans hang from the walls.

Kath lives in a pub. The house on her left is also a pub. The house on her right... yeah. The house opposite hers? You get the idea. As a result, Kath is constantly in a state of relaxed happiness, but extremely forgetful.

Nilp is his avatar, and bounces or skips rather than walking.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote