The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-07-2005, 01:42 PM   #81
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye

Hello all! As I said, I wouldn't be posting until now due to my responsibilities.

I, too, had thought about Glirdan being a Wolf due to his rather odd behavior and think it likely. I remain suspicious of Lalaith and maybe Kuruharan as well, though I don't have much evidence to go on for anybody I listed.

For now, though, I reserve my vote. I'll wait until later and see who others pick.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:17 PM   #82
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

well, im back. much has happened. i've skimmed most of it and all i really have to say now is i am not of the female persuation.

lets see. i believe a vote is in order pretty soon. i'll go back and actually try to read everything and then deside an a completely random vote, probable.

oh and one point of clarification. when i say explain your theories, i mean as we go on, i'd like to see detailed explainations, not quick one-liners. as we go on. i don't put much stock in first day theories anyway (althought there is no reason not to give them and ear and think them through.) so that's that, ill be voting in prolly 15-30 minutes...

ps. somewhere along the line, someone said something about me and glirdan being enmeshed in accusations (suspicious suspicion, i believe they siad. i rather like that. ) anyway, for my part i dont' really suspect him right now. do you really think glirdan would allow himself to come under speculation this early. i always thought he had a fairly sound head on his shoulders. again no reason to not suspect him...but you get the point.

Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #83
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah Menel's back. Oh dear, with no helpful comments. Well we'll have to wait and see I suppose. Now I have to be wandering and this is the last time I'll get to post before the voting deadline closes. I don't want to cause a double-lynch but nor do I find Wayne suspicious enough to vote for him. So I'm voting now in the hope that someone will follow me and make it a single-lynch, whether they vote for Wayne or my candidate. However, if Wayne doesn't start making a more substantial contribution I'll likely vote for him tomorrow. I'm a great believer in giving someone a chance, but if it's wasted then too bad!

I'm going for

++wilwa

She just seems overly defensive every time someone so much as mentions her name. As far as I recall she didn't make any substantial posts either which makes me wonder if she's the obligatory 'quiet' wolf.

EDIT: crossposted with Eonwe - will now make sure to refer to you as he!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #84
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
I believe I explained in the original thread how hard it is for me to help. I post as often as possible and most of my posts are fairly long. Like I said, I'm trying.

Yes I defended myself, for a reason that probably doesn't make much sense to most people, but it makes sense to me. I would have been fine if Bergil had voted for me out of randomness, its what a lot of people do on day one. But the fact that he tried to justify his vote with a very bad reason, just seems wierd to me.

Wayne, is suspicioius of Glirdan and Bergil, then goes and does what he found suspicious about them.

I'm debating whether I should jump on the Wayne bandwagon or vote for Bergil and make a tie. Eather one could get me in a lot of trouble later.

Soooo, after a lot of thinking I will vote for:

++BERGIL

EDIT: crossposted with Kath, hmmmmmm
Old 11-07-2005, 02:30 PM   #85
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
LMP – starts off in character but then moves on to suggestions. Appears to ally with Firefoot. Comes out with leader plan, then points out its flaws but says it would still work. Attacks Glirdan for attacking it. Then admits it was flawed on purpose and as a result suspects those who seemed to support it, ie Bergil, Kitanna and tar-ancamilie. HOWEVER: he sets great store by how quick people were to oppose his plan, overlooking that he posted his plan at 2 am for some of us. This is flawed logic which makes me worry that his plan was spurious. (He also says I was posting in character, in fact this amounted to just half a sentence. But I’m prepared to overlook that slur) Doesn't suspect Kitanna anymore, very much, still suspects Bergil but doesn't feel right about tar-ancamile at all and so votes for her.
Just to set the record straight, I did not bring up the plan fully aware of its flaws; I brought it up as a rough idea that I had been carrying in my head for some time, for discussion. The discussion occurred, and I'm pleased that it finally helped bring some much needed content to our discussions by which we could better determine who might be a werewolf.

You make a valid point regarding 2a.m. where some of you are, and that is something that I overlooked. Did I miss some pretty obvious messages to the effect of "I'm in this time zone and therefore I won't be responding from such a time to such a time"? If so, I apologize.

That having been said, I'll spend the Night dreaming up a new plan, if that helps to motivate discussion. We shall see what we shall see.
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:35 PM   #86
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

votes are now:

Wilwa --> 2 (Bergil, Kath)
Eonwe --> 1 (Glirdan)
Bergil --> 2 (Wayne, Wilwa)
Lalaith --> 1 (Firefoot)
Anguriel --> 1 (tar)
Tar --> 1 (LMP)
Wayne --> 2 (Anguriel, Celuin)
Celuien --> 1 (Kittanna)
Kath --> 1 (Eonwe)

and we have three votes left. (now. meaning after edit. sorry.)

ill go with

++Kath

i chose the seventh person on the list . so much for reading through the posts...

im not very opinionated on the first day, and am willing to give people the benefit of the doubt for a good while. especially wayne. cut him some slake. ehem, but back sure so step it up some, my friend. i won't vote you off because i don't like how much you post (or don't post!), but still, its not very helpful.

edit cross posted with wilwa and lmp. the votes are accurate up until wilwas. (and fixed my bold )

Last edited by Eonwe; 11-07-2005 at 02:40 PM.
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #87
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Kuruharan, Lalaith, & Meneltarmacil still have to vote, and they have about 15 minutes. If they don't vote, we have a three way tie, from which the Moddess Goddess will pick to at random. Hope to see some votes!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:45 PM   #88
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
You make a valid point regarding 2a.m. where some of you are, and that is something that I overlooked. Did I miss some pretty obvious messages to the effect of "I'm in this time zone and therefore I won't be responding from such a time to such a time"? If so, I apologize.
Oh come, come. I don't see you mentioning your timezone every second post for safety's sake. There's no reason why a lot of us should be branded as suspicious just because our waking hours don't correspond to the reactions you want to your wee scheme. Constant gabbling about absences clutters things up; we should just be considerate enough to avoid building up cases against people on the strength of when, rather than what, they contribute.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #89
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
So if Im right, if no one comes and votes its me and Wayne thats out? Since the second vote for me and the second vote for Wayne came before the second vote for bergil and I don't believe spawn wants more then a double.

Am I right?

Crosspoted with Anguirel and LMP, does she really pick two at random?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:46 PM   #90
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Eonwe, you're acting weird now and my faith in you is shaking slightly.

But anyway, as there is now a three way tie I must and will vote. I'm torn between wilwa and Bergil. I can see arguments for voting for either.

++BERGIL

I feel sorry for wilwa after reading her plea. I hope my pity isn't misplaced.

PS LMP, I for one said "I'm going to bed now, I'll be back online in nine hours." Also, as spawn said game starts at 9pm GMT, it doesn't take much to realise that those of us actually on GMT go to bed 2-4 hours after each game period starts.
But hey, we all overlook stuff, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For now.
Old 11-07-2005, 02:49 PM   #91
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Oh come, come. I don't see you mentioning your timezone every second post for safety's sake. There's no reason why a lot of us should be branded as suspicious just because our waking hours don't correspond to the reactions you want to your wee scheme. Constant gabbling about absences clutters things up; we should just be considerate enough to avoid building up cases against people on the strength of when, rather than what, they contribute.
My dear sir, I did apologize. By (ahem) gabbling about pretty obvious messages, I meant to leave room for in-character type references that I should have picked up on. Upbraid me, will you, foul villain! Where is your court that you are the jester of? Does this village need its own jester? Are you angry that I'm suspicious of you? Are you a werewolf?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:53 PM   #92
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
LMP, I for one said "I'm going to bed now, I'll be back online in nine hours." Also, as spawn said game starts at 9pm GMT, it doesn't take much to realise that those of us actually on GMT go to bed 2-4 hours after each game period starts.
But hey, we all overlook stuff, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. For now.
Quite right, and thank you for the overlooking, and I apologize again, just to be sure. Now to go and dream up a new plan, or something, toNight. Good night all, I have a dais that needs being kept company. (yes, I know, gruesome to think LMP sleeps on the same "bed" the corpse was laid out on, but it's the only bed I have, so deal with it.) :P
Old 11-07-2005, 02:56 PM   #93
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Boots

You say that I am a werewolf. I say I am not in the mind that I am. (This is called the Retort Courteous.)

You say it again. I say you very well could be a werewolf as well. This is called the Quip Modest.

You say it again. I doubt your judgement. This is called the Reply Churlish.

You once more say I am a Werewolf. I say you speak not true. This is called the Reproof Valiant.

You say it once again. I say you lie. This is called the Countercheck Quarrelsome.

And so to the Lie Circumstantial and the Lie Direct...
Old 11-07-2005, 02:59 PM   #94
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
LMP sleeps on the same "bed" the corpse was laid out on
I'll be dreaming of something far worse than new plans after that little "too-much-information" nugget. Ew.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:00 PM   #95
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
The villagers had quickly got over Spawn's death (frankly, they had found her fish stories rather irritating, anyway) and entered into more or less profound discussions in order to eradicate the wolves. The votes scattered around, but finally Bergil had been elected for the most untrustworthy resident. "The tribe has spoken", Bergil sighed scornfully, and sat down to wait his death.

Now the villagers just had to decide, how to lynch him. After a while, they agreed to get rid of Bergil by hanging him because they had heard that that's what you do to werewolves. Only, there was no gallows tree in Shamville... Luckily, there were plenty of resourceful people in the Village, and after grumbling and blaming each other for a while for the lack of a gibbet (at this point the village undertaker received irritated looks), they conjured up a way to hang Bergil, nonetheless.

There was a big ravine on the border of the village, and a swaying suspension bridge had been built across it. Resolutely the villagers slipped a noose over Bergil's head and tied the other end of the rope to the bridge's parapet.

"Any last words?" they asked.

"Seriously, guys, you're making a mistake!" Bergil cried. "This is a judicial murder!"

And with that, the villagers heaved him over the rail. Yelling heartbreakingly, Bergil fell down until the rope ended. And then he fell a bit more before the cord yanked him up. Apparently someone had replaced the hanging rope with an elastic one (at this point the town jester received irritated looks). The villagers stood on the bridge, watching Bergil yo-yoing between the bottom of the ravine and the bridge, and listening his wailing, then wheezing, until his neck snapped.
The villagers had killed an innocent, but on the other hand, they had discovered the Doppler effect (the original name was the Bergil effect, but some guy changed it after a few years...) and invented bungee jumping. All in all, the villagers had had quite a productive day.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Celuien - luthier
Eonwe - militiaman
Firefoot - traveller who has a dog
Glirdan - undead with Michael Jackson's nose
Kath - writer
Kitanna - goat herder
Kuruharan - local lorekeeper
Lalaith - goosegirl
littlemanpoet - village undertaker
Meneltarmacil - dinosaur researcher/ fossil hunter
tar-ancalime - charlatan
WaynetheGoblin - goldsmith
Wilwarin538 - official town daydreamer

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1

Score:
Villagers: 14
Wolves: 3

It is now Night 2. Villagers, go to sleep (i.e. pipe down, please). Wolves, you may start PMing. Seer, Ranger, Hunter, you know, what to do. The Night ends in 24 hours at 9:00 pm. GMT.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 11-08-2005 at 02:02 AM.
dancing spawn of ungoliant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 03:22 PM   #96
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
For clarification about mass lynchings: I don't like them. If there ever is a three way tie, I will pick one or two of the candidates to lynch; it's up to me and my randomness. Oh, and their deaths will be incredibly boring. Thank you.

Last edited by dancing spawn of ungoliant; 11-09-2005 at 07:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #97
Mischievous Candle

Day 2

"Yesterday all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh I believe in Yesterday
Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be"

The villagers woke up that morning feeling as cheerful as a burned pancake, and reluctantly they strolled to the village square. It didn't take long to notice that there were only 13 residents left in Shamville, and the local lorekeeper was the one to be missing.

As one man (and a dog) the villagers hurried to Kuruharan's cottage. They didn't bother to knock but rushed in right away. The very moment when the villagers stepped over the threshold, a sickening smell puffed to greet them. Taken aback, the lot followed the stench to Kuruharan's kitchen, where an X-rated sight met their eyes.

Kuruharan laid on the floor in such condition that the villagers hardly recognised him. Huge chunks of flesh had been rended from his face and body, his stomach had been slashed open and his internal organs had been piled up on the kitchen table. A blood-stained book of folklore laid open next to the organs. "Chapter 13, traditional foods", the villagers read. "Haggis - a large spherical sausage. Haggis is made by stuffing a sheep's or other animal's stomach lining with a minced mixture of organs. Take the heart, lungs, liver and kidneys of the animal, chop them up, add suet, onions, oatmeal, cayenne pepper..." Realizing the wolves' ghastly cooking attempt and bad sense of humour, the villagers left the death-reeking house and went to get some breakfast.

Living:
Anguirel - jester
Celuien - luthier
Eonwe - militiaman
Firefoot - traveller who has a dog
Glirdan - undead with Michael Jackson's nose
Kath - writer
Kitanna - goat herder
Lalaith - goosegirl
littlemanpoet - village undertaker
Meneltarmacil - dinosaur researcher/ fossil hunter
tar-ancalime - charlatan
WaynetheGoblin - goldsmith
Wilwarin538 - official town daydreamer

Dead:
dancing spawn of ungoliant(mod) - mangled, tangled and strangled in fishing nets on Night 1
Bergil(ord) - hanged to death with profitable consequences on Day 1
Kuruharan(ord) - half devoured and prepared to be turned into haggis on Night 2

Score:
Villagers: 13
Wolves: 3

It is now Day 2. Wolves, stop PMing, please. Villagers, you know your job. Have a nice Day. It ends in 24 hours at 9:00 pm. GMT.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:12 PM   #98
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

The votes from yesterDay:

Wilwa --> 2 (Bergil, Kath)
Eonwe --> 1 (Glirdan)
Bergil --> 3 (Wayne, Wilwa, Lalaith)
Lalaith --> 1 (Firefoot)
Anguriel --> 1 (tar)
Tar --> 1 (LMP)
Wayne --> 2 (Anguriel, Celuin)
Celuien --> 1 (Kittanna)
Kath --> 1 (Eonwe)

I'll be back momentarily with my thoughts on everyone.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:13 PM   #99
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh, dear, poor Kuru. He was one of the two who didn't vote, as well, so we can't even use that for speculation. That may have even been a contributing factor in the wolves' choice. Will have to look over anything he said more carefully and see if there wasn't anything telling.

For the record, the final voting was (with innocents underlined):

Wilwa – 2 (Bergil 1, Kath 9)
Eonwe – 1 (Glirdan 2)
Lalaith – 1 (Firefoot 4)
Anguirel – 1 (tar-ancalime 5)
Tar-ancalime – 1 (LMP 6)
Wayne – 2 (Ang 7, Celuien 8)
Celuien – 1 (Kitanna 9)
Bergil – 2 (Wayne 3, Wilwa 11, Lalaith 13)
Kath 1 (Eonwe 12)

Did not vote: Kuru, Menel

I was about to post this yesterDay but it ended too soon, so here are some comments I had made:

Quote:
Some of you have commented on my lack of substance and for that I apologize; most of my participation was early in the Day due to timezone difficulties when there really wasn't much to comment on (I was tired, too; very little rest before arriving at this village); this morning really was rushed, and I really would be rushed now.

Just to clear a thing or two up: Lalaith, I did not vote for you because you were suspicious of me. I voted for you felt suspicious to me at the time. I will have to analyze further to decide if that is still the case; a lengthy analysis will be coming on the next Day (provided that I'm still alive, of course).

...(current voting)...

I don't think we're going to be able to take much out of this [the voting]. It's entirely too spread out - more than half the villagers have received votes. It's way too easy for wolves to hide in something like that.
I will be working on an analysis now, will be posted within a couple hours. I had the barest start on it, and so far only one thing has really jumped out at me, and that's this comment of Ang's:
Quote:
We need to keep ourselves wrapped in earnest debate, lynching each other, while around us our comrades drop like flies. A well-tried and tested strategy, though some have doubted its efficacy...
The wording is extremely eerie to me. Maybe it's nothing, but it caught my eye as a "Wait a minute - what is that?" type of comment.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:15 PM   #100
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

I think the wolves thought Kuru might be the seer. Why did they think that? I need to go back through his posts to find out....
Old 11-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #101
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Lalaith, I did not vote for you because you were suspicious of me. I voted for you felt suspicious to me at the time.
Just saw this, Firefoot. There's been a bit of a misunderstanding...my comment about "bad form" referred to myself, not to you, that I felt a bit bad about suspecting you just because you suspected me.
If you look at my posts, you'll see I hadn't suspected you up til then, but because you'd been insistent about quality rather than quantity, and then voted for me without really explaining why, I felt suspicious.
Does that clarify things?
Old 11-08-2005, 03:27 PM   #102
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Yes, I think so.

Okay, I've done a brief scanning of all Kuru's posts and the people who have mentioned him. He was generally considered innocent, though Kath and Lalaith and to a lesser extent Menel all found him suspicious. Lalaith was also pretty comfortable with Kath. This would seem pretty obvious, though. Kuru didn't make a whole lot of accusations. Most of his posts were spent discussing strategy and plans rather than individuals. He encouraged flexibility and plan-lessness on the villagers' part, which I basically agree with. There really isn't all that much there - I can see why the wolves would kill him - he is smart, but killing him doesn't leave a whole lot of tracks.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 03:30 PM   #103
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Firefoot, would a wolf be stupid enough to use actively eerie language?

The answer is, of course, you don't know. You haven't the faintest idea, unless you jump to conclusions. Ignorance here is a sign of sagacity. Truly foolery can be wise.

But I must stop verbally knotting, or I fear my neck will be physically knotted.

The wolves selected their prey well; Kuruharan was an ideal victim, one of our best analysts and sagest speakers, but his lack of a vote and of much suspicion leaves little evidence. I suspect that the wolves took his unwonted quietness as a sign that he might be a Gifted One ducking out of cover.

The only disadvantage, then, from the lupine perspective, is that few villagers are strongly framed for this killing. The only ones to have overtly suspected Kuru were Kath and Menel. I see Menel's lack of strong reasoning, together with his missed vote, as quite deep indicators, but Kath also bears watching. She offered a damning critique of Kuru, unhindered by a a vote, when everything was still in the air lynching-wise.

But my suspicions of these two pale in contrast with the extremely talkative LMP. Kuru suspected him and was onto his game; he brushed off such analysis, turned the other cheek and left Kuru alone. LMP seems almost impossible to be Gifted as he is so much in the forefront of our debates; so a vote for him might be considered "safe". I also found the fact that he condemned me and then voted for my accuser tar-ancalime pretty suspicious; a wolf, knowing he had an innocent in his sights, hedging his bets, it seems to me. If this was a wolf-for-wolf vote, perhaps he also hoped to clear himself to preserve his role as unappointed leader...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:31 PM   #104
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Botheration! Two more bodies! How am I going to find time to make an appropriate tombstone, let alone think of an appropriate epitaph for Spawn, if I have to take care of two more bodies each day? It's unfair I tell you, not to mention most deplorable for those whose lives are lost. The loremaster was a good man, and now he's just sausage. A shame. Well, I hope you don't mind if I keep a listening ear on the discussions whilst dressing out and putting back together the corpses. I promise you a most presentable showing later in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
I don't think we're going to be able to take much out of this [the voting]. It's entirely too spread out - more than half the villagers have received votes. It's way too easy for wolves to hide in something like that.
My sentiments exactly. We need to find a way to narrow it down. So I dreamt, and I dreamt, and I thought and thought, and I've seen my way to a new plan, based on the old plan: have a non-binding straw vote, to be finished half-way through the Day, by which we choose the three candidates that will be up for lynching that Day. The werewolves will find it harder to hide their votes amongst just three choices. The one so-called "flaw" this plan may have that I can see, is that through the course of the day it may become obvious to one or more of us that someone who is not one of the three up for lynching, should be, and one of the three who is up for lynching, should not. I suggest that if such a thing occurs, a simple majority of us agreeing on the change may achieve it.

Now, whereas yesterDay's plan had obvious flaws (once discussion started mind you), this plan seems to me like it would go a long way toward helping us limit the influence the werewolves could have on our voting. Let me explain. I am betting that at least one of the werewolves voted for someone new (which does happen to include me, I realize). And I'm betting that at least one of them spread their votes out over those who had more than one vote against them. Therefore, in my opinion, those who voted for someone new, and those who added a second vote for someone, ought to get a really hard look today. Now, I realize that time zone has an effect on voting to a certain degree; but late voting because you are in a 'late' time zone is no free ticket from suspicion. So I don't want to hear any whining about 'LMP, you're overlooking that I'm in a later time zone than most of you, and that's why I voted when I did.' It's too easy to hide behind that kind of excuse, so I'm not giving anyone who uses that a free ticket to innocence.

Oh, and one last thing, my "presumed innocent" list was provisional. Everybody's starting from scratch with me, including Firefoot. I would expect no different an approach from her.

Last edited by littlemanpoet; 11-08-2005 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:36 PM   #105
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I dont know why the wolves would kill him either it dosent make sense. The only thing he said was about the voting. I will look back at peoples post and say my suspicions soon.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 PM   #106
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
I suspect that the wolves took his unwonted quietness as a sign that he might be a Gifted One
I think that's the answer to my earlier question. Plus failure to vote, failure to commit himself to anyone, suspect-wise...
Old 11-08-2005, 03:46 PM   #107
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wayne. We would like some substance from you today please. So when you say who you are suspicious of could we please have proper reasons and maybe some proof from posts?

Kuru's death seems a little odd. I never really saw him as a gifted of any sort let alone the Seer, just an innocent trying to figure things out same as the rest of us (minus three). I'd have another look at his posts but maybe it's a better idea to look at people who supported him yesterday. Anyone who thought he was the Seer would have offered support, or at least kept him off their suspicion lists. Therefore a wolf may likely have done the same, in order to avoid suspicion if they killed him. I'll go find out who those people were in a bit.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:47 PM   #108
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

LMP's approach contradicts the dead loremaster's advice so heavily that it's really worth making a comparison.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan

I also think there is a danger here for villagers in attempting to be too formulaic and rigid. Flexibility and adaptability are key here. That is why I am usually not too big on "plans." Best to keep an open mind.

I must note that littlemanpoet has been talking...a lot. This is not necessarily bad. In fact, it might be good. On the other hand, it might indicate he is unduly excited about...something.

I am glad to see that the votes are spread out so far. I hope that continues.
His first statement might as well read "I don't hold with planmongery, whether it wears well or no." With that I wholeheartedly agree. Spontaneity achieves what rigidity cannot imagine.

His second statement amounts to an unformed but healthy suspicion of LMP's verbosity.

Finally, he appeals that votes remain spread out.

Yet it seems to me that Our Lord High Undertaker And Presiding Superintendent In Charge Of Timezones Who Drops Hints About Being A Seer In His Spare Time is now advocating-wait for it-an inflexible plan based on democratic and so suspect means, that involves narrowing the candidates for lynching to an arbitrarily selected trio.

I'm only a jester, for all you know at any rate, but it seems mighty peculiar to me. A vote for LMP seems rather more than a shot in the dark, though it may amount to the same thing...oops, I'm going "eerie" again.

I will be sleeping and working for most of the middle part of toDay.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #109
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Second Voters:

Kath for Wilwa,
Celuien for Wayne,
Wilwa for Bergil.

Of these, Kath's & Celuien's are less suspicious, having come not so late. Wilwa is looking pretty suspicious, being the 2nd voter for the innocent Bergil.

Late New Voters:

Eonwe for Kath
Kitanna for Celuien
Anguirel for Wayne, but he gave very early indication that this was likely to happen.
LMP for tar ancalime

Eonwe's vote was the latest, and therefore quite suspicious; the same can be said for Kitanna. Anguirel's vote was not so late, and declared far ahead of time.

My vote, as Anguirel notes, went to tar ancalime instead of him; admittedly, it was a coin toss. As I mentioned late yesterday, Kitanna was fading from my suspect list and Anguirel was finding a place there. He seems to be pointing at me for suspicion largely because I've posted a lot, which is as spurious as most things our fool has said in jest. Of the two, I foundtar ancalime's cool, even chilly, analysis, to seem more werewolvish to me than the hot-headed foolishness and diatribes of Anguirel. That is the reason why I voted the way I did yesterDay.

I'm quite happy to be suspected by someone; the werewolves may leave me alive a little bit longer, so go ahead, feel free to suspect, even cast votes my way; just understand that lynching me will be something you regret.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 PM   #110
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
So I don't want to hear any whining
Excuse me, Mr Undertaker, who died and made you King of Shamville?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:06 PM   #111
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Here are my thoughts:

Anguirel - said he'd vote for Wayne no matter what, just cause of Wayne's unhelpfulness, that seems wierd, but he's probably at a "I'm not to sure but I think he's innocent" place
Celuien - seems helpful, though she could just be a very smart wolf, she's at a half way point with me
Eonwe - not sure about Eonwe, at all, I just don't get a vibe from him of any sort, I'll need to hear more from him
Firefoot - I'm going to trust her, she is helpful, nothing seems to put up a red flag about her
Glirdan - flip plops a lot(as always) but this time it seems different, something weird is going on with this boy, I'm leaning towards him being guilty
Kath - suspicious of me for defending myself. I suppose she had a point, I think I was just getting a little frightened about being the first voted for, she to is at a half way point with me
Kitanna - didn't get much from her eather, but I'm going to go with her probably being innocent
Lalaith - the one I'm most suspicious of, talks a lot, not always with a lot of info, something is just not right with her
littlemanpoet - another who I'm thinking is innocent, he's got good plans, I trust him
Meneltarmacil - hmmm, not really sad enough, considering the circumstances, he's half way between the half way point and the guilty point
tar-ancalime - see Eonwe
WaynetheGoblin - suspcious of Glirdan and Bergil, doesn't really give much reason why, definetely on my suspet list

So to summarize:

Least Suspicious: Firefoot, LMP
Not very Suspicious: Anguirel, Kitanna
Half and Half: Celuien, Kath
Not to sure: Eonwe, tar-ancalime
Fairly Suspicious: Menel
Very Suspicious: Lalaith, Wayne, Glirdan

I believe thats everyone.

So far my vote will probably be going to Lalaith. I'll reread all her posts yet again and come back with a list of reasons.

crossposted with kath, Anguirel, lmp and Lalaith
Old 11-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #112
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
LMP's approach contradicts the dead loremaster's advice so heavily that it's really worth making a comparison...
Let me remind you, my dear foolish jester, that there are three werewolves, not one. Have you no other suspects? The sheer ferocity and vituperitiveness of your attack, Anguirel, must be accounted for in my mind. Why would an innocent Ang do this? Because he thinks he's found a werewolf? Because he feels insulted? Because he's getting so deep into the chaos of his jester character that he's forgetting to think clearly? Or, why would a werewolf Ang do this? It would seem to be a dangerous thing for a werewolf to do, unless he's afraid that I'm on to things, and therefore is making a huge effort to make me look suspicious, hoping that I'll get lynched so he doesn't have to kill me toNight? That seems an unwise strategy, but then maybe again our jester is that deep into his character? Or, is he being this feral now, and will lay off later, conveniently pointing his lycanthroping finger in a new direction? We will have to wait and see.

Quote:
His first statement might as well read "I don't hold with planmongery, whether it wears well or no." With that I wholeheartedly agree. Spontaneity achieves what rigidity cannot imagine.
Different approaches.

Quote:
His second statement amounts to an unformed but healthy suspicion of LMP's verbosity.
As I recall, Kuru laid it out both ways as I have just done regarding you above. Keep your facts straight, my fool. Oh, and what I'm excited about is playing this game. I love it!

Quote:
Yet it seems to me that Our Lord High Undertaker And Presiding Superintendent In Charge Of Timezones Who Drops Hints About Being A Seer In His Spare Time is now advocating-wait for it-an inflexible plan based on democratic and so suspect means, that involves narrowing the candidates for lynching to an arbitrarily selected trio.
Thou dost play a most drippingly sarcastic fool, my feral friend. Well done!

Quote:
I'm only a jester, for all you know at any rate, but it seems mighty peculiar to me. A vote for LMP seems rather more than a shot in the dark, though it may amount to the same thing...oops, I'm going "eerie" again.
Simply put, you're wrong. And the werewolves love it .... unless you're one of them. Remember, there are three werewolves, not one. I hope sleep brings some more sensibleness your way, my good fool.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #113
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Excuse me, Mr Undertaker, who died and made you King of Shamville?
So lynch me for being frank? Please lynch me for being a werewolf, if that's what you think. Just calling a spade a spade, otherwise. But come, I may come off strongheaded, but please pay attention to what I say, not how I say it, or we'll never catch the wolves. Capiche?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:13 PM   #114
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Right so those people would be:
Kitanna - hmm, half of me thinks Kuru is a wolf and half of me doesn't. For some reason that comment made me pause. To be watched today methinks.
LMP (possibly)
Lalaith
Celuien
tara

Quote:
Now I am not really keen on proposing that LMP and Kuru are wolves making a plot in the middle of the Day because they could so easily wait until toNight but it still made me think.
Posted by me yesterday, though now it is obvious that I was wrong. I suppose that should put LMP in the clear, except that was only ever a vague thought and I'm still not completely comfortable with him. Pfft.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #115
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Quote:
Wilwa is looking pretty suspicious, being the 2nd voter for the innocent Bergil.
I voiced my suspicion, and my plan to vote vote for Bergil, at the same time Wayne voted for him. I didn't know until after my post had shown up that Wayne had voted.

Basically I didn't plan to vote for Bergil 2nd, it's just the timing of mine and Wayne's posts.

I'm extremely sorry for being a part of Bergil's death, but at the time it seemed like a good choice.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #116
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
but please pay attention to what I say, not how I say it,
Of course I'm paying attention to what you say. I'm paying attention to what everyone says, because I'm trying to catch out a wolf.
But I can't see how that this attitude of "do what I say or else you'll be thought guilty" is helpful, not from you or anyone else.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM   #117
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Oh no!! Not more innocent souls to come and join me underground.

I just briefly scanned the posts so if I repeat thing already said, that's why.

I knew Bergil was innocent. His vote was just randomness. I knew it was simply that and I stated that.

As for Kuru, I have no idea why he would be the one to get attacked. Is it because he hit close to the mark on some accusations and the Wolves thought he might guess at them and reveal them? Or did the Wolves choose Kuru randomly?

Now it's time to looke closely at the people who voted for Kuru and Bergil. There has to be a Wolf concealed in there, or maybe all three of them.

Wayne, Wilwa, Lalaith all voted for Bergil and there were no votes for Kuru, which gives even moer reason for me to believe that Kuru was a random choice.

Of those three, Wayne seems most suspicious. He suspects Bergil of his unreasonable reason vote for Wilwa (yes I did suspect him, but I said that he was probably just an innocent choosing at random) then goes and votes for him as did Wilwa and Lalaith (I believe, I'll have to recheck that)

For now those three are suspicious, but Wayne most of all. I'll go back and read what others have said later.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #118
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538
Basically I didn't plan to vote for Bergil 2nd, it's just the timing of mine and Wayne's posts.
Thanks for pointing that out, Wilwa. I'll take it into my considerations.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:26 PM   #119
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Of course I'm paying attention to what you say. I'm paying attention to what everyone says, because I'm trying to catch out a wolf.
But I can't see how that this attitude of "do what I say or else you'll be thought guilty" is helpful, not from you or anyone else.
Why, pray, are you attributing an attitude to me that I do not have? If you read this from what I have said, please quote it for me so I can disabuse you of your illusions, m'dear.

*Sorry, Kuru, I really am trying to get all of these back in there, but all these wild accusations flying my way are quite distracting.*
Old 11-08-2005, 04:30 PM   #120
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
Is it because he hit close to the mark on some accusations and the Wolves thought he might guess at them and reveal them?
Well, let's have a look at who he accused.

Quote:
littlemanpoet is developing some strange habits
Don't know whether to count this really as it was in his first post. But maybe he saw something early on.

Quote:
I must note that littlemanpoet has been talking...a lot. This is not necessarily bad. In fact, it might be good. On the other hand, it might indicate he is unduly excited about...something.
Then again perhaps against LMP.

And that was actually all we had from him. So LMP - would you like to refute the words of the dead?