The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Discussions > The Movies
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 07:40 AM   #81
Atanvarne

Tolkien

Hmmm not sure really, anything in elvish, doesnt really matter what it said coz hardly any1s gonna be able 2 read it!

Old 06-08-2003, 11:32 AM   #82
EvennStarr8
Pile O'Bones

EvennStarr8 has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

I would get Arwen's pendent done on my right shoudler....
Old 06-09-2003, 05:45 PM   #83
arianrod
Wight

Location: Wandering Hobbiton, smiling at the hobbits & trying to sell them vacuum cleaners
arianrod has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arianrod
Shield

I'd get the dragon over the Lonely Mountain from Bilbo's map in the FotR movie. It'd be on the outside of my right ankle and done in black.<P>OR! I'd get the JRRT symbol in the same place. I was at this one place that did really convincing looking and long-lasting temporary tattoos and i drew the design for them to put it on my ankle. It looked pretty awsome!<p>[ June 09, 2003: Message edited by: arianrod ]
Old 06-09-2003, 07:19 PM   #84
The Only Real Estel
Raffish Rapscallion

The Only Real Estel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I'd get the 'One Ring' poem on my right bicep. Or on my abs!
Old 08-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #85
Gimli stonesheild
Pile O'Bones

Gimli stonesheild has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

its already done for me.....I have a tattoo of the lonley mt. (the one like in the maps of the hobbit)on the small of my back and a bloody ax like gimlis on my Shoulder blade <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Sleep! I feel the need of it. Yet my axe is restless in my hand. Give me a row of orc-necks and room to swing and all weariness will fall from me!"
Old 08-08-2003, 08:39 PM   #86
Arwen Eruantale
Shade of Carn Dûm

Arwen Eruantale has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Arwen Eruantale
Silmaril

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> I'd get the 'One Ring' poem on my right bicep. Or on my abs! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>*laughs, long and hard* You guys are crazy!

Will you pay attention?
Old 08-08-2003, 08:54 PM   #87
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

This is sort of LOTR, but in another sense it isn't. Anyway, when I turn 18, I'm going to get a tatoo on my left shoulder {where the blade is} of a star, not sure what kind, just a star. Then, I am going to get Elijah Woods' name written in Elvish over top of it. Yes, a little extreme, and a little obsessive, but I can't help it. I'm obsessed. <P>I might get one of MY Elvish name somewhere, but I'm not sure where.
Old 08-08-2003, 11:58 PM   #88
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Katt b has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I would get the two trees from valinor on top of the mountain. Because I think one blooms in the morning and one at night so right in between when their both in bloom would be really interesting.
Old 08-09-2003, 04:58 AM   #89
dancing spawn of ungoliant
Mischievous Candle

Location: So near to Russia, so far from Japan, quite a long way from Cairo, lots of miles from Vietnam.
dancing spawn of ungoliant has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to dancing spawn of ungoliant
Sting

If I ever get a tattoo(which I doubt) a small dragon to shoulder would be nice. And under it using tengwar:Glaurung.<BR>Some dialoque(I spelled this wrong, right) from the books would look cool but imagine it when you get older...not so cool looking anymore <BR>Or maybe in tengwar to shoulder:Aiye!Eärendil Elenion ancalima!(that's what Sam, or was it Frodo, shouted in Cirith Ungol)
Old 08-09-2003, 07:52 PM   #90
Alakreiél

Tolkien

A friend of mine is getting the Tolkien symbol, but I would get something like the writing on the ring or the elvish word for life

Old 08-09-2003, 08:07 PM   #91
Gorwingel
Beholder of the Mists

Gorwingel has just left Hobbiton.
Eye

When I attended Comic-Con I was very surprised at the number of people who actually had LOTR related Tattoos. I actually saw one man who had the Ring Script around both his ankles.<P>Additionally one of the free things that New Line was giving out was Temporary Tattoos of the script on Sting.<P>I would never ever get one though, I am such a pain and needle whimp. Additionally I think that I would have to be a fan for much longer than a year and 8 months before I got something so permanent.
Old 08-09-2003, 08:31 PM   #92
Genevieve
Animated Skeleton

Genevieve has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

I would never be able to get a tattoo. Arg. I can barely stand shots! But if I DID get one, i would want to get the JRRT signiture thing on my shoulder, or a word in elvish (not sure what though....maybe something like peace or something simple like that). Probably not much of a possibility for me, but it would be neat to get a temporary tattoo.
I have never failed to feel
Pain.
Old 08-17-2003, 08:04 AM   #93
Lindril Arvilya
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In a box at the end of Harrison Ford's street, with a pair of binoculars
Lindril Arvilya has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A continuation from my post on Page One.<P>It turns out my camp director does NOT in fact have the Ring inscription around his forearm. I asked, and he said that he wrote his own phrase, translated it into Elvish, and then wrote it in Tengwar. *sigh* He's so cool.