The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-06-2005, 12:30 PM   #81
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
NEW RULE STILL APPLIES - Is asking you to press thereturn key so much to ask?

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:56 PM   #82
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Of course not, dear. We'll all follow orders, seeing as how you're the all-mighty mod and can simply narrate us out of the game if the mood strikes, right everyone?
Old 07-06-2005, 01:00 PM   #83
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Ever see the film "Falling Down"?

I have to say omnipotence is not all it is cracked up to be. I have some sympathy for a former colleague who said that he believed in God, just that he didn't expect him to be interested in us anymore after all the strife we put him through and spoiling his nice world....

Old 07-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #84
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
But don't you love watching everything unfold and being the only one to really know what's going on?

Control+F still saves time y'know.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 02:43 PM   #85
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
great job by the way Mith...about time somebody said it...
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 AM   #86
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
But don't you love watching everything unfold and being the only one to really know what's going on?

Control+F still saves time y'know.

I do, I do but I dun know wheter to laugh or cry most of the times.... but after my initial grouches.. I have to say there has been some really interesting stuff going on.... I am planning an awards ceremony to follow the games.

Old 07-07-2005, 06:36 AM   #87
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

NIGHT IS NOW OVER - NO MORE PMs

A post will be made shortly on the game thread

Old 07-07-2005, 09:06 AM   #88
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
An awards ceremony? Ooh... I'm excited now. Will Gil-Galad the Thunder Mistress get the Resurrection as a Female award? Hehe.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:30 PM   #89
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I'm not sure the American will get the ywlloe card reference.

Incidentally, is Night starting soon or are you waiting for something, Mithy?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #90
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

that is why I said one more strike ......

Well partly 3 deaths in 24 hours is draining my collective juices. Partly I am feeling a little manipulated.... and I have real life issues arising that may affect my timing. Actually I although some people seem to be trying to usurp me as moderator, given that it is barely 24 hours since the last "night" began and the situation is critical. I just want ot check that everyon has at least realised there has been a day. And please I will do this for myself...............

Old 07-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #91
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Nilp hasn't posted. Victim of time zones. Can't be helped this time.

Old 07-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #92
Gil-Galad

well i did just get home...and Fea...i'm not even going to though that one
Old 07-07-2005, 01:40 PM   #93
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
I'm not sure the American will get the yellow card reference.
I got it.

Sorry Mith... just being an apparently non-helpful smart aleck.
Old 07-07-2005, 04:41 PM   #94
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Well, it was fun while it lasted.

And sorry for my scarcity. I didn't think life was going to be that busy, but it was...and still is. Very selfishly (and yet quite truthfully), I lay the blame upon my family.

Thanks for letting me live as long as I did. Wasn't much, but...I take what I can get.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:44 PM   #95
Gil-Galad

i want to make clerar i will be gone for a good 12 hours, and probaly more so now that my father has locked me off the computer, so it will be harder for me to come on so i don't want to be lynched because of my inactivity! it will make me really really mad.
Old 07-09-2005, 11:50 AM   #96
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

The 'M-ies' s - Award Ceremony (pt 1)

The Cassandra Award goes to Kitanna

Unjustly maligned and suspected, to my mind she was a superb seer. She picked Kath as the Mythomaniac on the first night and Mormegil as a wolf on the second. she was already suspected by the time she was able to try and communicate this and so probably feared to be more explicit.

While TGWBS got the right strategy it was after he had voted for Kitanna.. so he gets the Baldrick Award for his cunning plan with a fatal flaw. He also gets a bonus prize for the most enjoyable characterisation

Gil Galad gets the Lazarus Award for his return to the fray which added to much amusement again. Also managed to play the role of the hunter without seeming to really understand it!!!!

Fea gets the Mandelson Award for Spin Doctoring. I have to say she is a player who rises to the occasion. If I catch her playing like a loon I will know she is a humble villager! Love the way she drew attention to Gil's substitution while eliding the simialar reasons for her own.

Holbytlass
gets the Capatain Oates Award for (attempted) noble self sacrifice. It could have turned the game.

I have to go almost immediately but just time for one further award -
The Svengali Award goes to Morm - I spluttered into my lunch as I realised that second night that:

Durelin wanted to protect Mormegil
Kitanna wanted to dream about Mormegil
Kath wanted to be Mormegil

Mithalwen btw had to be very careful
not to answer Mormegil's all so reasonable questions .....

Hypnotic charisma - I was seriusly freaked.

Many thanks to you all - it was an interesting game. My poor lab rats...all gone

Post Mortem tomorrow

Old 07-09-2005, 11:56 AM   #97
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen

I have to go almost immediately but just time for one further award -
The Svengali Award goes to Morm - I spluttered into my lunch as I realised that second night that:

Wow that's crazy. Thanks to you Gil I guess.

Gil just wondering why you wanted me dead so badly the first day?
Old 07-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #98
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Mormegil, Feanor, Orominueilin, and Kath were the wolves. Oooh!! I was so sure that Feanor was innocent. (I bet you just loved that!) I did get Morm and Kath right but too little too late. Probably not ever think Of Oro.

We await your summary of deaths, strategies and all around thoughts!
Also, Kittana, who dreamt of and Gil the thunder mister(ess) who did you protect.

Great game all! Great moderating Mithalwen!!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:02 PM   #99
Gil-Galad

i got bored and felt like picking on Morm...
Old 07-09-2005, 04:25 PM   #100
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Thank you everyone for a fantastic game, especially my fellow wolves Fea, Mormegil and Oro who I would have been lost without, and Mithalwen who wrote such wonderful deaths and made me mythomaniac!

I would just like to ask though how on earth I actually managed to convince anyone to vote for TGWBS over me! He created such a brilliant case against me and I had nothing!
Old 07-09-2005, 04:48 PM   #101
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

About the people who charmingly proclaimed my innocence... I loved it. When Holby was "certain" of my innocence (was that today?) I fell out of the chair laughing.

I knew that the last day, all I had to do was get one innocent to vote for TGWBS, so I dropped everything and tagged onto Firefoot's explanation (which was dead convenient, because it meant that I didn't have to say it myself).

Quote:
Fea gets the Mandelson Award for Spin Doctoring. I have to say she is a player who rises to the occasion. If I catch her playing like a loon I will know she is a humble villager! Love the way she drew attention to Gil's substitution while eliding the simialar reasons for her own.
Thanks Mith, for the chance to play wolf, and the neat award. I kept saying I was guilty (I'll provide the links, if anyone's forgotten), not to mention publicly stating everything I had planned, and nobody listened! It was great. I accused people of doing everything that I did myself, and nobody connected it. I have to admit to loving every second of it. Wolf Chat will be posted pretty soon.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #102
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
Aren't we the popular one, morm!

This was so much fun and the wolves were so clever. I never would have guessed Oro and Feanor were werewolves.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:30 PM   #103
Holbytlass
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Holbytlass has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil
About the people who charmingly proclaimed my innocence... I loved it. When Holby was "certain" of my innocence (was that today?) I fell out of the chair laughing.
Oh, you wicked one!! I had no suspicions of you and of course I was certain (I would've betted on it) that you were innocent when you changed your vote to save me. Did you do it to look innocent or did you really think I was the hunter and about to take one of you down? At least I made your day!!

Kittana, I'm sorry I really did try to save you, but for that wicked-wolf, Feanor!!
And hey, I did vote for Kath and not TGBWS.

BTW< Firefoot, love the new avatar, it's beautiful. I STILL can't get any to work for me.

Last edited by Holbytlass; 07-09-2005 at 07:35 PM.
Holbytlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:46 PM   #104
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Kittana, I'm sorry I really did try to save you, but for that wicked-wolf, Feanor!!
Don't be silly, there is no need for an apology! It's not like I died in RL. At least I don't think I did...
Old 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM   #105
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holbytlass
Oh, you wicked one!! I had no suspicions of you and of course I was certain (I would've betted on it) that you were innocent when you changed your vote to save me. Did you do it to look innocent or did you really think I was the hunter and about to take one of you down? At least I made your day!!
Both. Once I'm back on the computer I've got all the wolf chats saved onto (I was designated caretaker of PMs) I'll get them up and you'll see me in all my infinate wisdom. I thought you were hunter, but the real clincher to that little trick was making myself look innocent. Which is also why I pushed for Firefoot's death. With that, I figured that if I was going to push for TGWBS's lynching, I had to have some real physical evidence (even if we had to create it on our own).
Old 07-10-2005, 06:12 AM   #106
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

I maintain that if Nilp's nation wasn't about to collapse and if he didn't have to study, the villagers could have won.

Anywho, I know Firefoot was to frame me, but durelin - was I right about her death being for the same reason?

About Fea: I'd started suspecting her by the last Day, and the vote clinched it. I kept friendly with her to the end, though - always handy to have a wolf on your side for your own self-survival. If I'd managed to get Kath lynched, I'd probably have gone for Fea next, presuming I would have lived. After that, I wouldn't have got Oro, so the wolves would probably still win.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #107
Orominuialwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Umbar, but before the corsairs took over. (Ave Maria University, FL, USA)
Orominuialwen has just left Hobbiton.
Good game everyone! I was so terrified after Firefoot suspected me on the first day that just about everyone had figured out that I was a wolf, but obviously you hadn't. I was really worried about voting for tgwbs, too. I realized that if we couldn't get either Gil or Nilp to vote for him too, then Kath would be lynched and it would be rather obvious that since there were two other wolves, then the two that voted for tgwbs must be them. I was astounded that nobody really suspected me after Firefoot did in the very beginning.

Last edited by Orominuialwen; 07-10-2005 at 10:14 AM. Reason: typos
Orominuialwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:51 AM   #108
Gil-Galad

count me in on the next game of course...
Old 07-10-2005, 10:57 AM   #109
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
I'd probably have gone for Fea next, presuming I would have lived.
You wouldn't have.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #110
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Maybe it's hindsight speaking. It was either that or save you 'til last.

What am I saying? I mean:

Would.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 AM   #111
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

No, no... not you wouldn't have gone after me... I know you would have. Which is why you wouldn't have lived. Go read all the wolf chat. It's just been posted. Some might make you laugh.
Old 07-10-2005, 11:24 AM   #112
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Good grief... I should be taken out and shot... er, lynched. I think I'll give myself an award: the biggest aid to the wolves without actually being a wolf. I played into you wolves' plans perfectly - and then some. I think I'm getting too predictable. I'll have to change my strategy, or something.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 11:31 AM   #113
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

If it helps, Footie... it was much appreciated. It would have drawn unwanted attention to me to have to state your theories.

Why, please tell me, do I have the idea now that I'll never live past DAY 1 again?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:36 AM   #114
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Why, please tell me, do I have the idea now that I'll never live past DAY 1 again?
I don't understand why we didn't follow that from the beginning. It's a great idea. If she's a wolf, good, if she's innocent, she'd only confuse us in future.

++Feanor of the Peredhil

Last edited by the guy who be short; 07-10-2005 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Rectifying the reference to Fea as a male...
Old 07-10-2005, 08:26 PM   #115
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I believe that it has been suggested before that Feanor be lynched on DAY 1 simply by default.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #116
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Yes, it had been pointed out that her confusion strategy was dangerous (if she were innocent.. worked pretty well for a woluf...)

Old 07-11-2005, 06:37 AM   #117
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

As you can see by the Letters, I had seriously considered changing tactics all together and being really quiet. The idea was that everyone would assume that no wolf would be stupid enough to do something so obvious. But y'all underestimate the power of insanity and stupidity... they nearly always work out. Like Mith admonishing me for pointing out, first post, that I shouldn't have been there. Figured I ought to bring it into the open before someone else did. And telling you to lynch me while you still had the chance... you really should have.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:15 AM   #118
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

It was more of a case of how much reverse psych one game could take... and why Lhuna could not be so easily excluded having been allowed in... TGWBS was a help there of course pointing out the benefits of odd numbers