The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2009, 12:03 AM   #1081
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Two more innocents dead...This can not be allowed to continue, guys. At this rate the wraiths will have the village overrun in no time flat.

And on that note, I am off to bed. (Yes, I did stay up much later than was probably healthy in order to see who got killed. Sigh. Busy day Thursdays are, but I shall be around nonetheless (bringing the laptop to work? Very possible. ).
Old 02-05-2009, 12:24 AM   #1082
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Some thoughts on yesterDay's voting:

Well, I'm sorry about Menel.... except that what did he have to do something so evil-looking for? Worse than Fea. What's with this village?

I suppose it's remotely possible that Mac is an innocent also infected by the vote-as-evilly-as-possible virus, but I doubt it. He's too experienced not to know that what he was doing was a recipe for disaster. I really don't think I'm being biased: if that wasn't the vote of a cobbler afraid of lynching a wolf by accident, I will drown myself in one of my own brewing vats.

EDIT: word left out.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #1083
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirandir View Post
Two more innocents dead...This can not be allowed to continue, guys. At this rate the wraiths will have the village overrun in no time flat.
Specifically, unless we get a wraith toDay or the Ranger makes a successful protection toNight.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:51 AM   #1084
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Aganzir
Mirandir
Rune
Lari.

Two of these people are wraiths

Aganzir: I don't see any reason to suspect her. Helping save me yesterDay is something an Aganwraith might do, to win my trust... but I'm certainly not making a "just in case" vote toDay.

Rune: *shrugs* Overall, has done innocent-looking and evil-looking things in about equal numbers. I don't know what to make of him.

Lari: Well, she's either the Ranger or she's lying her head off– it's that simple. Openly jumped on the bandwagon yesterDay– but is that too obvious for a wraith? (The cobbler might do it, but I think Mac's the cobbler). Changes her list of who she protected– which looks pretty bad, but could be just carelessness– she gets the voting count wrong later.

Mira: Another openly bandwaggoning vote... again, too obvious? Makes cryptic remark (soon before DL) about having a case against Beregond as "wolf/cobbler", then forgetting it. I'd like to know what that was about, as it's quite a weird thing for an innocent to say, newbie or not. It seems to me that if she's a wraith, she might have been paving the way to get Berry lynched if necessary.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:04 AM   #1085
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I have to go now, so

++Mirandir

as currently the most wraith-like... but I'll definitely be back later and will change this if I see reason to do so.

Please, no silly voting this time!
Old 02-05-2009, 08:16 AM   #1086
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I suppose it's remotely possible that Mac is an innocent also infected by the vote-as-evilly-as-possible virus, but I doubt it.
Of course, a knee-jerk vote against somebody who made a weird vote against you is so much less suspicious...

Quote:
I thought, in his last post but two, he was saying he wasn't going to vote people just because Legate found them innocent.
No, not just because. I limited myself to them because I thought it was a good idea, and still do, and then chose the most suspicious-looking out of the four, which was you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
a suspected wolf could try to pretend to be the ranger as well.
Yes, but it's a lot less likely. No wraith wants to sacrifice himself to flush out the ranger. It's not worth it.

Nerwen and Aganzir teaming up to lynch somebody who counts as innocent is very, very suspicious. The fact that both also consider Miri as an option makes me feel a lot better about her.

It's Beregond who steers the whole thing into Menel's direction, but he's innocent.

Quote:
Of the people alive, Menel looks the most suspicious, but he has done some pretty innocentish-looking things as well
This doesn't only smell bad, it reeks. And people call my reasoning bad. Considering how much talk there was about how crucial yesterDay's lynch would be, this reasoning can't be explained with carelessness, it is willfully malign.

Quote:
Anyway, he's suspecting 2/3 of those I find innocent
So?

Quote:
Many people thought Legate was killed by someone whom he suspected, what does Mac do? Decides to go and vote for someone he found innocent.
Did they? I have to check again, but as far as I remember, only you and Rune were certain about it.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:24 AM   #1087
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aiee this is not going well.

Sorry Menel.

So it's 3-3 now. Guess what I realised during the night? It's too late to lynch the cobbler anymore. It should have been done yesterday. And the most annoying thing is that Rikae actually said it but no one paid heed to her.

Quote:
What's with this village?
When planning the game, Kit probably didn't take into account the Black Breath, which drives people crazy...

Quote:
He's too experienced not to know that what he was doing was a recipe for disaster.
Indeed. But basically we should just ignore everything he says now if we want to have any chance to kill a wolf.

Quote:
Lari: Well, she's either the Ranger or she's lying her head off– it's that simple.
If she wasn't the ranger, the real ranger would have come out by now, or at least during today. I see no reason not to believe her.
Good job saying you can protect yourself, Lari. It seems the wolves didn't even want to take a risk of missing a kill and now we have a known innocent alive.

Quote:
It seems to me that if she's a wraith, she might have been paving the way to get Berry lynched if necessary.
True. That didn't even occur to me and I wondered why you were so puzzled about it.

I have to leave in some 1.5 hours but I won't be away for long, and after that I can be online as long as I wish as I have no need to wake up early tomorrow.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-05-2009 at 08:25 AM. Reason: xed with Mac
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:35 AM   #1088
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I just said Mac should be ignored but I can't resist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Of course, a knee-jerk vote against somebody who made a weird vote against you is so much less suspicious...
So did you find the day 1 voting a good reason to vote for someone on a day when we would have had to get a baddie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Yes, but it's a lot less likely. No wraith wants to sacrifice himself to flush out the ranger. It's not worth it.
Lari was heavily suspected and she would probably have been lynched had she not come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Nerwen and Aganzir teaming up to lynch somebody who counts as innocent is very, very suspicious. The fact that both also consider Miri as an option makes me feel a lot better about her.
Hahaha was that a confession?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Considering how much talk there was about how crucial yesterDay's lynch would be, this reasoning can't be explained with carelessness, it is willfully malign.
I fail to see what is suspicious about trying to see both sides of the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
So?
I much rather think you're evil than that I'm wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I have to check again, but as far as I remember, only you and Rune were certain about it.
In a village this small, two counts as many people.

Mac seems to be playing with a strategy of his own that I can't understand. And the fact that he's accusing Nerwen makes me feel even better about her.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 AM   #1089
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I wonder why Mac starts attacking Nerwen right after she voted for Mira. Does he perchance think Mira is a wolf and tries to keep her from the gallows now...? I don't like it.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:09 AM   #1090
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Simply irresistable ;)

Quote:
But basically we should just ignore everything he says now
All I can say to this is that I hope the village won't listen to this. This is the reason I've been kept alive, folks, because Aganwraith had faith that she could twist the village's mind into believing this.

Quote:
If she wasn't the ranger, the real ranger would have come out by now, or at least during today.
She said it again!

You said we can no longer lynch the cobbler now, but did it also occur to you that if we do end up lynching him/her, that we will play the ranger protection lottery at night? I commented on the same thing yesterDay and you said I was right, now you say it again! I wish I never thought you were innocent. This way of trying to get the ranger's identity is clearly evil.

Quote:
So did you find the day 1 voting a good reason to vote for someone on a day when we would have had to get a baddie?
No, but didn't you think that a wraith could have made up a better reason to vote for somebody?

It's a bit beyond me why people always vote for those who look weird instead of those who are suspicious. Didn't you guys learn from Durelin's death? And some wonder what's wrong with this village.

Quote:
Hahaha was that a confession?
No, a fact. A fact stated even to those who believe you.

Quote:
I fail to see what is suspicious about trying to see both sides of the issue.
What about a person who tells people how important it is that we get it right and then votes for somebody she thinks is half-innocent?

Quote:
I much rather think you're evil than that I'm wrong.
Apparently. What I meant, though, is that obviously you thought the same of Menel, too, and possibly of everybody.

Quote:
In a village this small, two counts as many people.
And in a village no matter the size, twisting the facts is suspicious.

Quote:
I wonder why Mac starts attacking Nerwen right after she voted for Mira.
There are only about 6 hours between our posts, but never mind.
And why do you say "start"? I voted for her yesterDay, remember?

(all quotes by Aganzir)
Old 02-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #1091
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
You said we can no longer lynch the cobbler now, but did it also occur to you that if we do end up lynching him/her, that we will play the ranger protection lottery at night?
I'd rather lynch a wolf than take a risk and gamble next night, especially as the situation tomorrow would be completely the same as today, only with one or two persons less. And that doesn't really make a difference... If the wolves & the cobbler manage to cooperate and vote for the same person so that xe'll get xyr three votes first today, they win. If two wolves manage to do it tomorrow, they win. It's all the same.

Quote:
No, but didn't you think that a wraith could have made up a better reason to vote for somebody?
It doesn't matter what the reasons are if the baddie is good at manipulating. You almost made at least two innocents follow your vote yesterday, Menel even came up with new points to back up his vote.

Quote:
What about a person who tells people how important it is that we get it right and then votes for somebody she thinks is half-innocent?
What if that half-innocent tried to kill someone she thought was innocent?
And if I say he has been innocentish at times, suspicious at others, it means he's half-guilty, not half-innocent. That's how it goes in werewolf. Also, if you don't happen to remember, after Lari's reveal he was the person I suspected the most.

Quote:
And in a village no matter the size, twisting the facts is suspicious.
I don't think I was twisting the facts. I only remembered I was not the only one who thought so.

Quote:
There are only about 6 hours between our posts, but never mind.
I take it you were fast asleep when she posted and attacked her points right after you saw them.

Quote:
And why do you say "start"? I voted for her yesterDay, remember?
With reasoning like "not sure, she just seems the least innocent of these." While your intent was to get her killed, it was not an attack yet.

Grr Mac you're really doing your job well and using my lack of self-discipline for your own ends, I'm just arguing with you although I should be looking for wolves!
Old 02-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #1092
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am not suprised that we have an all female wraith team. . . There is two wraiths among Aganzir, Mira and Nerwen. Unless Lari is bluffing, but I am not considering that an option at this moment. I feel that Mira and Nerwen seems more wraith like, but Aganzir has deffinetly played differently than she did in Fea's game and in that game she was innocent.
Now the last two times I have noticed people playing differently they have turned out to be wolves and for that reason I am considering voting for Aganzir, but she has seemed very reasonable and the other two that I found reasonable turned out innocent.

So what if we did not kill the cobbler, it matters not!
If we had killed the cobbler/mac last night, we would just have killed an innocent and not been any closer to winning.
It would not give us an extra chance to kill a wraith, we would just be pushing the desition infront of us. In fact killing the cobbler would have been stupid as we would just have killed an known innocent, atleast there was a chance Menel was a wraith. The cobbler still don't know who the wolves are, so he can still vote for one of them.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:31 AM   #1093
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
If two wolves manage to do it tomorrow, they win. It's all the same.
Hmm actually it isn't - they wouldn't even have to do it as they'd win anyway if their number was equal to the number of innocents.
But even if the cobbler was lynched today & there was a succesful ranger protection, it'd be 3-2 tomorrow.

This is looking rather bad in any case.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-05-2009 at 09:31 AM. Reason: xed with Rune
Old 02-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #1094
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

In a sense you're right about the cobbler Rune but if we had killed him yesterday, it would be 4-2 now. At the moment it's 3-3, and the cobbler can create havoc and vote with the wolves...

And also, I wouldn't be so sure the cobbler doesn't know who they are. It just seems unlikely. Though on the other hand that would explain why Mac seemed to be afraid of voting for a wolf yesterday.

As for the difference between Fea's game and this, I had school then whereas now I don't so I'm considerably less tired and stressed.

Mira would be my first guess for a wraith but I think I need to take another look at Nerwen and Rune at some point today.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:07 AM   #1095
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I need to leave now. See you in a few hours.
Old 02-05-2009, 11:27 AM   #1096
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

As of right now, I'm more inclined to believe that Miri is innocent, mostly because, while she's said some weird things, I kind of think of them as careless newbie mistakes having reread them.

I want to look more at Agan though. She's been very helpful...but almost too helpful at times.

I really can't say more, Tuesdays and Thursdays are my horribly busy days and add on to that that tonight I have an honor society induction and am pretty much not going to be around until really later.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:26 PM   #1097
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
I'd rather lynch a wolf than take a risk and gamble next night, especially as the situation tomorrow would be completely the same as today, only with one or two persons less. And that doesn't really make a difference... If the wolves & the cobbler manage to cooperate and vote for the same person so that xe'll get xyr three votes first today, they win. If two wolves manage to do it tomorrow, they win. It's all the same.
Of course.

Did you notice, however, that with this you completely ignored my actual point about you trying to make a possible real ranger reveal? Actually, it just occurred to me, it could just as well have been a hint to the cobbler to make a fake reveal. This even makes more sense together with Agan's idea that a wraith is likely to impersonate the ranger (it would otherwise conflict with her correct conclusion that the cobbler doesn't matter toDay anymore).

Quote:
It doesn't matter what the reasons are if the baddie is good at manipulating. You almost made at least two innocents follow your vote yesterday, Menel even came up with new points to back up his vote.
What does this have to do with Menel coming up with bad, but not really suspicious reasons for his vote? It doesn't matter what an innocent says, if he's "manipulated" by a "baddie" he needs to die?

Quote:
I take it you were fast asleep when she posted and attacked her points right after you saw them.
I wake up. I read something I disagree with. I comment on it. That's how it goes in werewolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
As of right now, I'm more inclined to believe that Miri is innocent
I'm inclined to think so, too.

This means that all of Aganzir, Rune, and Nerwen must be evil. The question is, which two are the greater evils? I really can't tell at this point.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #1098
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
As of right now, I'm more inclined to believe that Miri is innocent, mostly because, while she's said some weird things, I kind of think of them as careless newbie mistakes having reread them.
Yeah but if she's innocent it means Nerwen and Rune are wolves... And I simply can't see them as baddies after playing the whole game without suspecting them. At least not them both.

Garr I need to read more.

As for Berry's death, I wonder why him and not someone else. It doesn't seem to fit the wolves' kill policy thus far. Well he wasn't suspected although Mira promised to take a look at his posts. Hmm Rikae & Legate's deaths somewhat pointed at her, yesterday she was suspected because of it, and now the kill is someone Mira was planning to make a case against...

Quote:
Originally Posted by about the only person I quote nowadays
Did you notice, however, that with this you completely ignored my actual point about you trying to make a possible real ranger reveal?
Nope, I didn't even notice you suggested it. To be honest I didn't understand what you meant with "trying to get the ranger's identity."

Quote:
Actually, it just occurred to me, it could just as well have been a hint to the cobbler to make a fake reveal.
Ooh do you want to reveal as the ranger?

Quote:
What does this have to do with Menel coming up with bad, but not really suspicious reasons for his vote? It doesn't matter what an innocent says, if he's "manipulated" by a "baddie" he needs to die?
Hmm I first thought about Menel getting Berry to agree with him but I see it didn't make it to the post very clearly.

Quote:
I wake up. I read something I disagree with. I comment on it. That's how it goes in werewolf.
It's still a bit surprising you find her oh so suspicious after she voted for Mira on a day we need to get a wolf...

Is there anyone else around but me and Bill?
Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #1099
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Is even Bill around anymore?

Aiii I'm bored and feel like chatting instead of starting to go through the posts yet again!
Old 02-05-2009, 02:58 PM   #1100
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Tra-la-la-ley

Okay I am going through the thread and trying to figure out Rune and Nerwen. However neither of them has looked wolfish at all (I'm on day 3 now, looking forward to seeing if something changes after that).

I'm seriously considering voting for Mira because she's the only one whose wolfishness from the beginning would make sense. However I want to complete this before deciding anything.

Gah this is frustrating.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:22 PM   #1101
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And I simply can't see them as baddies after playing the whole game without suspecting them. At least not them both.
Will you at least give us a hint who your partner is? Or doesn't it matter because you're Ferny and you either suspect or know them both.

Quote:
It doesn't seem to fit the wolves' kill policy thus far.
Joking aside, what is that kill policy? What strategy do you see? Share, please.

I think Beregond was killed because he was unlikely to get a vote from anybody.

Which makes me think that the wraiths made a mistake: Accusing me of cobblerdom won't work anymore now because even the people who believe this claim won't vote for me anymore now. Maybe they were confused about whether Lari would be protecting me last Night or not.

Quote:
Nope, I didn't even notice you suggested it. To be honest I didn't understand what you meant with "trying to get the ranger's identity."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan, earlier
If she wasn't the ranger, the real ranger would have come out by now, or at least during today.
Translation is either "Would the real ranger please show himself now so that we (or my wraiths) could either kill him or at least guess who he's going to protect" or "Would the cobbler please come out at last and cause some confusion".

Quote:
It's still a bit surprising you find her oh so suspicious after she voted for Mira on a day we need to get a wolf...
Her suspicion of Miri has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's the way she (and you) turned on Menel yesterDay.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:32 PM   #1102
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I am around. . .but I don't know what to say.

Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #1103
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Will you at least give us a hint who your partner is? Or doesn't it matter because you're Ferny and you either suspect or know them both.
So you don't know yet who the wolves are? I hope you haven't been sending their own names to them lately... That'd make you a most unhelpful cobbler.

Quote:
Joking aside, what is that kill policy? What strategy do you see? Share, please.
Ever since Brinn & sally died, they have killed loud / dangerous players. Of course it might be a coincidence but I'm not sure how likely.

Quote:
Maybe they were confused about whether Lari would be protecting me last Night or not.
More likely they were confused about her protecting herself. It doesn't matter if she can or cannot, the wolves didn't seem to want to take a risk.

Quote:
Her suspicion of Miri has absolutely nothing to do with it. It's the way she (and you) turned on Menel yesterDay.
I suppose we both found her more innocent than Menel.

Last edited by Aganzir; 02-05-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: xed with Rune
Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 PM   #1104
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Rune what would you think about voting for Mira? I'm rather sure neither you nor Nerwen is an original wolf and that leaves only her...
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM   #1105
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Rune voted for Brinn on day 1 because she reacted so strongly to accusations.
Nerwen considered voting for someone who already had a vote - Mac, Gollum, Brinn, or me. In the end she voted for Gollum. She added fuel to the Brinn suspicions on day 1 after her vote, though.

On day 2 Rune said he could understand why Brinn & Mac voted for Gollum (saving their skins) but other people's votes weren't as good. Could be an attempt to clear up a fellow & the cobbler but I don't think so because he didn't defend them afterwards. He also said, though, that speculating about changing sides wasn't a part of Frodo's role, which looks quite innocentish.
He voted for Dury because didn't want Fea to die (not that she probably would have). Also considered voting for Mac.
Nerwen wasn't around on day 2.

Brinn would have liked to hear a bit more from Mira (No Clue), found Nerwen's vote fishy (Watching), and didn't know what to think of Rune's attack against her (No Clue).

Nerwen examined the Dury lynching on day 3 and mentioned the possibility of Mira being a newbie wolf. She was suspicious of Fea and voted for her. Didn't know what to think of Mac but considered retracting for him, thinking he could be a wolf. She also accused sally of a throw-away vote.
Rune was torn about sally but seemed to be somewhat suspicious of her, and slightly worried about Mac. I don't think sally was much suspected at that point (apart from Lommy) so it would make little sense to bring a fellow under the spotlight. He questioned Mira's points against him and voted for Mac.

Brinn said little about Mira, just that her defences looked more honest than Lari's and she'd like to hear more from her (Could be anything). She thought Nerwen's day 1 vote was suspicious but found her more innocent of late (Slightly suspicious). She found Rune innocent.
Sally agreed with Mira on Rune. She voted for him.

Then on the night between day 3 and day 4 Frodo was turned. I can see reasons for the wolves attacking both of them. However I can't see how either of them could have been a wolf before that. It just doesn't compute. Both of their interaction with the known wolves is very innocentish. Also, they both expressed at least some unease about Mira, Mac, sally and Brinn.

I'll go through their later posts soon.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:55 PM   #1106
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

My Problem

Quote:
Rune what would you think about voting for Mira? I'm rather sure neither you nor Nerwen is an original wolf and that leaves only her...
That was my original plan, but now I am not so sure. . .

These are the people left:

Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Aganzir
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure

I won't vote for Mac, Lari or my self, because we are innocent (although Lari is not 100% sure) That leaves Mira, Nerwen and You. A group of 3 where 2 are wraiths. So if you and Nerwen vote for Mira, it makes you look like a pair of wraiths, unless one of you is sacreficing Mira.

Old 02-05-2009, 04:04 PM   #1107
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
So if you and Nerwen vote for Mira, it makes you look like a pair of wraiths, unless one of you is sacreficing Mira.
Argh this is so confusing.

Both you and Nerwen look innocent yet at least one of you has to be a wolf! Or then Lari is lying but I don't think so.

I find it unlikely a wolf would sacrifice xyr fellow at this point... All they have to do today would be to wait for the cobbler to join them, assuming they got their votes in before we managed to make an unanimous decision.

Unless they don't know who the cobbler is and want to buy another day by lynching one now & making the other look good. The remaining wolf would be in the same situation tomorrow, though.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #1108
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

On day 4 Nerwen said she had thought Lommy could be the seer. Also this speaks against her original wolfishness as I think she would have killed Lommy earlier. Anyway she believed Lommy's claim instantly, whereas Rune wasn't sure who to believe.

Brinn listed Nerwen as suspicious and Rune as innocent but I don't think we can make anything of that because she was already a known wolf then. Mira was innocentish.

On day, erm, well the day sally was lynched Rune said he was flip-flopping on Mira and didn't want to lynch Mac. This is the first even remotely wolfish comment I've seen from those twain.

The day after sally's death Rune considered voting either for Lari or Mira. He questioned Menel's vote for her with no reasons, though, but that's normal. He voted Greenie.
Nerwen who popped in quickly said she'd trust Rune's judgement (as he was right about Brinn), and voted Greenie too. She said she hoped to get home before the deadline and possibly retract her vote.

Yesterday Rune thought Legate was killed for being too dangerous. He thought about Lari and Mira.
When Lari revealed as the ranger, they both asked independently of each other why she revealed now. Rune didn't pursue the subject further but Nerwen expressed some doubt about automatically believing her claim.
Rune voted for Mira.
Nerwen said Mira had seemed vaguely sneaky but she could just be a nervous newbie. She would have voted for her to save her skin yesterday, but although she didn't, she did point out suspicious things in her behaviour.

And today Nerwen voted for Mira, and Rune seems to have considered it, too.

Mac voted for Nerwen yesterday which almost got her lynched. Also, now he's defending Mira. I find his attack against Nerwen weak, especially as it somehow seems to be based on her Mira suspicions. Mac seemed to indicate he doesn't know who all the wolves are (unless he's bluffing). It certainly looks like he thinks Mira is one, though.

Hmm actually now that I think of it, it doesn't seem so unlikely that a wolf would not sacrifice a fellow. Looking at today, there are Mac & Lari who are not wolves. It leaves Mira, Rune, Nerwen and me. Neither Nerwen, Rune, nor me is suspected enough to be lynched without any questions arising, so the wolves might have figured it's best to let go of Mira and give the other better chances of winning. Especially if they have a reason to assume Mac might not know who they are.

The unfortunate thing is, I still don't have any idea which one is the last wolf.

++Mirandir

I'll be here for an undefined amount of time and able to retract if something happens. And although I have a bad feeling about this, Mira's guilt is the only thing I'm at least somewhat certain about.

And if you Rune and Nerwen are fellows, I'm so going to kill you.

Quote:
Night protections:
1: Brinn(way to go on my part)
2: Mac
3: No one, I messed up and had a busy day and thought I protected Lommy, but apparently it never actually got done.
4: Mac
5: Agan
Quote:
Before protecting Mac for the first time I protected Fea. Hence why I asked if the wolves/wraiths could get another kill if the one that they wanted to kill was protected. I assumed they would go after Fea after the Durelin lynch and then try to frame Nog. Well they sort of did...if you switch Fea and Nog.
So Lari who did you actually protect?
Old 02-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #1109
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

And the winner is. . .

This is killing me. . .Nerwen or Aganzir simply have to be a wraith maybe even both of them are, but there is something wrong. If they are both wraiths then it is awfully uncareful of them of voting for the same person so early, they migh do it in hope that Mac shows up to support them.

There is of course the possibility that only one of them are a wraith, but then one of them have chosen to sacrifice Mira and that does not make sense either.

I guess right now I find it most likely that they are both wolves. . . gaarr I am so confused.

All of this is of course based on Lari being the ranger.

I might have missed something. . .I probably have.

++Nerwen

Old 02-05-2009, 06:56 PM   #1110
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm still here, more or less... Though don't know for how long because I'm just awfully tired. I'm happy I can sleep tomorrow.

I voted for Mira because she's the one I'm the most suspicious of and I can always retract if need be. The sooner we have voted the sooner we know what will happen... Also, because I don't think Mac is going to vote for her and I don't want to see any sudden wolf bandwagons.
I admit one reason that contributed to the strengthening of my suspicion against her is that I trust Mac's judgement... Although not the way he would like me to.

Why wouldn't it make sense if the wolves tried to sacrifice Mira? I see it as a clever way to look more innocent on a day when there simply aren't enough people to be lynched with justifiable reasons. Even if one wolf is lynched today, it'll still be 2-2 tomorrow, or 3-2 if Lari is lucky. Nonetheless, this looks quite bad for us, and the wolves know it as well.

I'm really confused too, I have no idea what's going on anymore... And I have no idea what to make of your vote. It looks like you're trying to save Mira.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:05 PM   #1111
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
I voted for Mira because she's the one I'm the most suspicious of and I can always retract if need be. The sooner we have voted the sooner we know what will happen... Also, because I don't think Mac is going to vote for her and I don't want to see any sudden wolf bandwagons.
I admit one reason that contributed to the strengthening of my suspicion against her is that I trust Mac's judgement... Although not the way he would like me to.

Why wouldn't it make sense if the wolves tried to sacrifice Mira? I see it as a clever way to look more innocent on a day when there simply aren't enough people to be lynched with justifiable reasons. Even if one wolf is lynched today, it'll still be 2-2 tomorrow, or 3-2 if Lari is lucky. Nonetheless, this looks quite bad for us, and the wolves know it as well.

I'm really confused too, I have no idea what's going on anymore... And I have no idea what to make of your vote. It looks like you're trying to save Mira.
It would not make sense because if they both survives, then they win. . . I assume that they want to win as soon as possible, especially when there is not one of them that look destined to die.

and your vote last night looked like you where trying to save Nerwen. . .

Anyways I won't be around anymore, I need sleep, so I will leave before long.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:13 PM   #1112
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
It would not make sense because they both survives, then they win. . . I assume that they want to win as soon as possible, especially when there is not one of them that look destined to die.
That's true... But if Mira is a wolf their chances of immediate survival don't look very good. She was generally considered quite suspicious yesterday (more suspicious than we other survivors) and it would have raised even more suspicion if someone had come today like "Hey I think Mira is innocent let's lynch this person!" They might want to win as soon as possible, but they might also want to play it safe. I can't see how one option would be significantly better than the other, it's just what they choose and that's why I vote for the one I suspect the most.

To be honest I don't really even care that much what happens... I can at least take pleasure in voting right even if we lose today.

Quote:
and your vote last night looked like you where trying to save Nerwen. . .
I was. She looked considerably more innocent than the reasons she were voted for or the people who voted her (the cobbler among them).
Old 02-05-2009, 07:22 PM   #1113
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

I am going to stick with my choise. . .

If I vote for Mira I would condem her to death and with atleast 1 (possibly 2) wraiths among those who has voted for her, it is not something I feel good about doing. . .Even if I do find her wraith like.

I more or less know that atleast 1 of you and Nerwen is a wraith, of the two of you I find you the least suspicous so I vote Nerwen. . .

I might be wrong, but that is life. . .You could say that this is me playing it safe by not killing of Mira, who was actually my prime suspec and you would be right. Had she not gotten those two votes, by you guys I would probably have voted for her my self.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:28 PM   #1114
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I don't know if I should laugh or cry if Mira and you turn out to be fellows in the end.

I suppose Nerwen is going to die, then... As Lari seemed to consider Mira innocent and Mac won't surely vote for her.
The only thing I really don't like about this all is that Mac was left alive for so long, everyone (including myself) always said we can lynch him later if the wolves don't take him first, and now he's probably getting just what he wanted.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #1115
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

Back from my day of running around and I've now being guided through the ages of history by the spirit of eternity. Yay cult like honor society inductions!

Night protections(for clearification):
1: Brinn
2: Fea
3: Mac
4: No one my bad
5: Mac
6: Agan
7: Mira

As for all of the looking: I don't really know how to feel about Agan or Nerwen or Rune. Which area who I think are the possible three together. I'm more inclinded to think that Agan might be slightly more innocent out of the three of them. I just really can't read that much more into things. And, not going to lie, I'm tired.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:54 PM   #1116
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Okay thanks. Your lists were just a bit, err, incoherent.

edit: Actually it would have been better, though, if you hadn't told who you protected last night... Now if Mira is not a wolf & survives, the wolves know who will not be protected. But I don't think that's very dangerous as she seems like the most credible wolf candidate to me.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #1117
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Nerwen, yesterDay

Wonders why Legate had been killed, thought the wraiths would be trying to frame him yesterDay. Why? Legate was against lynching Lily. Wonders why Lari revealed and doubts her claim a little.
Cautions people against random voting. Agrees with me that the real ranger, if existent, should remain quiet. Accuses me of randomness, backs off at first, but is rather annoyed at my vote then.
Keeps on doubting Lari, thinks Agan is innocent because of Legate's death and her behaviour towards me, accuses Rune of dismissing Lari's claim and Durelin-voting, Miri of being sneaky now and then, has a bunch of things against Menel, thinks the wraiths at least think I'm the cobbler, agrees with my evaluation of Beregond. She also wonders whether wraiths and cobbler know each other.
She misunderstands (or acts like it) why I voted for her. It's strange that she does not show the same indignation over Menel's vote. She'd like to vote for either him or me and then inquires about Miri and then votes Menel.

I don't understand why the wraiths should have tried to frame Legate, that's a rather complicated thought. Her continued doubting of Lari's claim while criticising Rune of the same is strange. Her vote for Menel is not as knee-jerk as I thought it was before.

In fact, she looks fairly innocent, not even cobblerish. I take it all back.

Of course, this means that Mirandir would have to be something. I suspected her of cobblery before...

Rune, yesterDay

Explains a lot about his vote the Day before, maybe a bit too much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
too often have I been part of lynching players like Menel and only very few times have they been anything else than ordos.
*coughdurelincough*

Says he wants to look at the votes and thinks we should broaden our view. Of course, with a broad view and possibly votes for a multitude of people, the votes of the wraiths become more powerful. Concludes out of nowhere that Legate was killed because he was dangerous. The way Legate suspected people makes me disagree with this. Note that Legate did not suspect Rune.
He also thinks I was left alive to confuse. He connects the deaths of Rikae and Legate to justify suspicions of Miri. Wonders why Lari revealed but later agrees with Beregond that it did make sense. Votes Mirandir.

His first post yesterDay irks me, he explains everything in a lot of detail although nobody asked him. He said a couple of suspicious things and then concludes that thing about Legate without any reason.

He's suspicious enough for me.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #1118
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ooh Uncle Bill did you come to entertain me again?

You're flip-flopping.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:44 PM   #1119
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Does Mac refuse to respond to me if I call him Bill?
Old 02-05-2009, 09:00 PM   #1120
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

(all quotes by Aganzir, as if that would surprise anybody )

Quote:
Ever since Brinn & sally died, they have killed loud / dangerous players.
True, but even before they chose between extremes (Shasta, Nogrod).

Agan's analysis of Nerwen and Rune is nice, but, unfortunately, crooked. Examples:

Quote:
Both of their interaction with the known wolves is very innocentish. Also, they both expressed at least some unease about Mira, Mac, sally and Brinn.
"Some unease" is not innocent-ish, it's the sign of a wraith keeping a fellow in the middle.

Quote:
I find his attack against Nerwen weak, especially as it somehow seems to be based on her Mira suspicions.
Why do you say that it's based on Miri? I told you it is not so and I never stated anything in this direction anywhere. Just because I commented on Nerwen after her vote? That's ridiculous! You're making things up to make them suit you.

Quote:
Neither Nerwen, Rune, nor me is suspected enough to be lynched without any questions arising, so the wolves might have figured it's best to let go of Mira and give the other better chances of winning.
That argument hurts. With at least four people unlikely to vote Miri (Lari, me, Miri herself and the supposed second wraith), it would be reasonably easy to introduce an alternative, get him/her lynched and bring the win home.

Quote:
I admit one reason that contributed to the strengthening of my suspicion against her is that I trust Mac's judgement.
So you think I'm the cobbler but you don't believe that everything I say is a bloody lie? Alriiight...

Quote:
You're flip-flopping.
No, I'm changing my opinion. Ordos do that. Only wraiths have as much certainty as you do.

Quote:
Does Mac refuse to respond to me if I call him Bill?
May I call you Khamulia in turn?