The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #1081
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Yeah, I'm screwing with you.

Just wanted to see your reaction. I'm bored too.

But it's sleepy time for me. I'll post something in the morning before I go to work.

Something important.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:05 AM   #1082
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Yeah, I'm screwing with you.

Just wanted to see your reaction. I'm bored too.

But it's sleepy time for me. I'll post something in the morning before I go to work.

Something important.

Good. Give me something to work with in the morning, well, afternoon.

And thanks for the conniption fit. It was quite enjoyable.

Night, Phantom! (And everyone else too of course!)

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:10 AM   #1083
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Izzie Analysis

Day 1

Post 1 - Suggests Multitasking and hunting for both the EW and the wolves. Doesn't believe the GW or the EW would reveal to their teams.

Quiet post just chiming in on the current debates. Not terribly suspicious for a first post.

Post 2 - Thinks it may be possible to protect a wolf turned ordo and get information. Doesn't see a reason why usual wolf hunting methods won't work. Says the wizards are likely going to be people with out a lot of time contraints, etc., but we can't rule out anyone 100%.

Post 3 - Finds phantom cowardly, sheepish, and fatalistic. Suggests he should be actively hunting for wolves instead of insisting we're all doomed.

*snicker* Okay, besides that oh so satisfying content, I notice that she doesn't actively hunt herself, either.

Post 4 - Votes Roa

Where did that come from? Especially since I'd been saying everything she'd said, only louder and first.

Post 5 - question about deadline

Post 6 - was confused about time, surprised at size of village.

Not a lot of content from her, especially in way of suspicions.Her vote for me kind of came out of left field.

Day 2

Post 1 - Finds the page of silliness is suspicious, doesn't think speculating on who Volo dreamed of the previous Night will be useful since we can't know for sure, points out that we will be going into a large number of wolves soon. Doesn't see the need for all the vote tallies being posted, since they don't change.

Again, her first post is pretty straightforward. She doesn't say anything that isn't true.

Post 2 - finds phantom suspicious. Doesn't buy his reasoning for not voting and explains why

I think I found my shadow... I didn't realize that anyone else thought the same way I did, which concerns me a little. She slips so well under-the radar...

Post 3 - Still doesn't think phantom had a good reason for withholding his vote.

Post 4 - Response to phantom: "Does beautifully = truthfully without hidden agendas?"

Post 5 - Explains that previous vote was almost random. Thinks both phantom and Roa are suspicious. Says Brin can't use what Volo did to weigh her opinions too heavily because he likely didn't know much yet.

She never did explain her suspicion of me. For phantom it seems quite clear, and she says all the same things I did.

Post 6 - Says she's always "submarine like," says she'll post more if/when she has time. Leaning towards voting phantom or Roa.

Still doesn't explain why she thinks I'm suspicious.

Post 7 - Vote Roa.

No, seriously, where is that coming from. All of her suspicion is pointed towards phantom, except for one or two posts that say she doesn't trust me but doesn't give a reason, where as she gives lots of reasons for not trusting phantom, and yet she votes me with out explanation.

Post 8 - says her vote may be throw away, but she wants to vote for someone she's looked at, not someone she hasn't.

When exactly did she look at me?

Day 3

Post 1 - doesn't believe there are any ex-wolves because the numbers don't support it.

Post 2 - Curious about Cailin's behavior at deadline

Mentions suspicious behavior with out saying that it's suspicious.

Post 3 - Says "she" could have easily posted what she did to keep us analyzing it and wasting time.

I assume the she is Agan?

Post 4 - Asks Gwath why he analyzed Cailin

Post 5 - Considers voting for Diamond for too much joking around; Thinks Lommy and Agan may have been baddies together; Wants to look more closely at Lal; POints out that Greenie has been less active than her; wouldn't mind voting for Cailin either

At least here she gives some reasoning. Though she suspected the seer, everyone does that at one point or another.

Post 6 - Says she could vote phantom, VOTES DI

She's been saying phantom was suspicious since Day 1, and yet never votes for him. Does anyone else find that odd? Because I really do.

Post 7 - Comment on all the reveals, thinks Di said that phantom was a wolf

Post 8 - Agrees with Brin about Cailin

Day 4

Post 1 - Thinks that the EW scried either the GW or a gifted. Thinks phantom slipped and let everyone know that Di was not the true GW, and offers to point it out. Thinks that phantom must have been scried and is no longer a gifted.

This post is fairly erroneous. She doesn't account for the Ranger, and simply assumes that the other of our two gifted was scried, when we can't know that at all.

Conclusion: She says somethings that are sensical and does some things that aren't. Actions speak louder than words,even on a discussion board. She's definitely and odd one, and I would like to hear why she voted me twice with out any explanation.

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:37 AM   #1084
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I've got to go to work so I've no time to do my list of people now. If its still needed when I get back later (around 5pm) I'll happily provide it then.

I will say this though, I still feel really uncomfortable about Lommy from yesterday.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:05 AM   #1085
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*I'm here post*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
This post is fairly erroneous. She doesn't account for the Ranger, and simply assumes that the other of our two gifted was scried, when we can't know that at all.
I'll just respond to this now, and the other stuff can wait for my next post.

There was only one wolf kill last night.
One kill = less than four wolves.
Two kills = 4+ wolves.

Going into Night 4 we had a Seer and a Hunter, in terms of gifteds.
since Mac our Ranger was killed Night 3, a new one could not of been scried until last Night (Night 4.)
Since there was only one kill last night, logically it means that the EW did not scry a new wolf to their team. Rather, they scried either the GW or the Hunter. Since they chose to kill the Seer, they obviously did not scry her.
If they had scried the new Ranger, we would've known about it. Both wizards scrying the same person during the night = death from too much magic. Which leaves the Hunter and GW. Why choose a shot in the dark with trying to scry the GW whom they may not know, when they have a supposed hunter out in plain view?
Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 AM   #1086
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
A few quick things.

1) Don't vote yet. I have special lynching instructions that will be given to you later on today.

2) Completely ignore anything Rikae says.

3) Make a list of every villager and give your thoughts on them. The GW wishes to see everyone express opinions on everyone else.

That's all for now. I have to leave for a while but I'll be back with some more later tonight.
Quote:
Don't speculate as to why there was only one kill.

And don't believe Rikae if she decides to tell you.

I will tell you myself- but later on today. There will be some good news and some bad news.

But don't worry about that now. For now, just give your opinions on everyone.

(except Rikae and I, that is)

Okay- really going now. Later.
Stop giving orders!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:24 AM   #1087
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy
Going into Night 4 we had a Seer and a Hunter, in terms of gifteds.
since Mac our Ranger was killed Night 3, a new one could not of been scried until last Night (Night 4.)
Since there was only one kill last night, logically it means that the EW did not scry a new wolf to their team. Rather, they scried either the GW or the Hunter. Since they chose to kill the Seer, they obviously did not scry her.
If they had scried the new Ranger, we would've known about it. Both wizards scrying the same person during the night = death from too much magic. Which leaves the Hunter and GW. Why choose a shot in the dark with trying to scry the GW whom they may not know, when they have a supposed hunter out in plain view?
Ehm Izzy, you're forgetting that it could also go the other way around.

Another reason there may be only three wolves could be because either the GW scryed a gifted or the EW. Also, even though the ranger would've been scryed only last Night (if we have one), they can still use that gift the same Night. Though I do doubt the ranger successfully protected...I think it would've been mentioned in the narration.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #1088
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Got sidetracked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa #986
Of course, there is also the fact that there was only one kill last night, which means that the EW did NOT scry another wolf. Either the EW scried the hunter, and the hunter is now an ordo among us, or the the EW scried the GW, in which case we may expect a challenge soon, but not necessarily. Especially if the evil team is down so low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa #1083
Roa in response to my post #997 : This post is fairly erroneous. She doesn't account for the Ranger, and simply assumes that the other of our two gifted was scried, when we can't know that at all.
Oh really. If my post was erroneous, then I believe yours is as well.

Brin, I'd completely forgotten about that, though I would like to hope that we have a new Ranger.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 AM   #1089
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Okay, I'll post a little before I'm off, I'll be back not quite soon but very well before the deadline anyway.

Firstly, phantom: Did it ever occur to you that some players (not me, but some others) might not be here anymore in eight hours? I think this "I'll tell you when it suits me" business is getting really annoying. (You're not some exceptionally important person - even if you aren't bluffing, you're a hunter, not the GW...)

Secondly, I'll probably make a list as well, not for tp but for myself and the whole village. Not sure whether I'll have time to do it before I leave. If not, expect it in... ummm... eight hours?

Sorry to be a bit cross - it's just that the leaderly attitude is getting on my nerves.

One more thing I'll do when I'm back (with the condition that you don't post too many pages for me to read while I'm away ): I'll check at yesterDay's reveal mess. I think the most suspicious people there are not those who are not ready to trust phantom right away but those who do not question anything and just silently go with the flow. There were those, I'm quite sure, but I don't know just who they were.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by mormegil; 06-09-2008 at 06:41 AM. Reason: language
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:00 AM   #1090
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
Checking in, and catching up. Wah.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:25 AM   #1091
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhunardawen View Post
Checking in, and catching up. Wah.
The same. Actually, I am not very sure about my performance toDay. I will probably have to vote early, not stay here until the DL, and even my posting will be probably very brief. I may as well just post as short and simple list, a "ladder" of my opinions on people and that would be it.

Later...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 04:45 AM   #1092
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
So begins my summarising of the long list of players. Mind you, I'm only looking through posts from yesterDay and toDay (and that's a task in itself) since at least one ordo has become a wolf since Day 2. Though I will take some of my previous thoughts of others and their behaviour into account...just not entirely.

Greenie: Still seems very, if even more genuine. I think it's most probable that she is innocent. However, I would like to see her post even more (though maybe it's because Lommy hogs the computer ).

Shasta: I was surprised by the post count of Shasta...right now it's to 63. Now, about half of those posts are banter and not of any substance, but he does make a lot of useful posts as well. What worries me is that I know he does not typically post this often...looking at previous games he's posted nowhere near 63 ever...especially not by Day 4. So I can't help but wonder what it could possibly mean that he's so much more involved than normal..

Izzy: I'm feeling a bit better about her. She doesn't write as much content as I would like, but none of the stuff screams guilty. And while a couple of her posts were erroneous, those errors (like forgetting that the GW can scry wolves and the EW) seem more like mistakes from an ordo.

Lommy: Umm...I don't want to flood this post with tons of quotes, but there are tons of her's that stick out to be. I want to make a more detailed analysis of her later. Let's just say for now it's not looking good...

Nilp: Still needs to post more. I still have no idea. While nothing about him is immediately suspicious, I still want to keep an eye on him. I just don't want him to slip under the radar.

Eonwe: Really needs to post more (and vote), and something of substance. That said, even though he's a newbie I still think he'd be posting more and actually voting were he a wolf.

Kath: My love, you are slipping under the radar. Please post more. Nothing about you seems terribly suspicious, but I don't like that you're so quiet.

Sally: She was acting her silly self before, and so far nothing seems to have changed about her behaviour. I still think she's innocent.

Rikae: So obviously evil. But wolf or EW? Hmmm....

phantom: Part of me wants to believe him, but the other half screams "No, don't trust him!" There's a good chance he's telling the truth in all of this and really is a servant of the GW. But what a clever scheme it would be if he were evil and our seer not realising it, decided to trust him.

Lhuna: Well, her posts do look more innocentish than guilty to me...but remembering how quickly I once disgarded a Lhuna-wolf as innocent, I don't want to so quickly drop her in the innocent pile.

Durelin: Seems sensible enough. Though she didn't post much yesterDay and not at all yet toDay. But I don't see anything suspicious about her.

Roa: The problem I have with Roa is that she was the first one to quickly believe Rikae in her claims as the GW. She backs away to "if" later on, but still openly defends her. That makes me nervous, as I can't understand how she (or anyone else) could've seen truth in that claim...it just seemed faulty to me. But would a wolf (or EW) be so bold? Typically I'd say no, but Roa's known to be bold...

Legate: Confuses me. Nothing in his posts scream guilty, but honestly can't tell which side he's on.

Lalaith: Was much more active yesterDay. Her theories were interesting ones, even with flaws...don't see how Lommy thinks she could be the EW. She looks pretty innocent to me.

morm: Not much to say about him, but I'm glad to see he's posting a bit more toDay. Still looks pretty innocent.

Celuien: Where are you? Seriously, she has totally slipped under my radar, which is dangerous. Looking through yesterDay's posts, I noticed she flip flops some...but other than that, I can't really grasp an opinion on her.

Gwath: His vote for Rikae was too hasty for my liking, but I'm pretty sure that's the mistake of an ordo. And how easily the wolves could set him up for a lynching because he was "too hasty." Otherwise, he seems sensible to me and probably innocent.

McCaber: He knows he is a "submarine," but still won't post much at all. And his few posts don't have much content. I don't like it at all. Please post more!

*phew* Now onto my post about Lommy...
Old 06-09-2008, 05:06 AM   #1093
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Lommy

Just some things that caught my eye:

First off, her arguments against Aganzir. I wanted to look at it yesterDay, but I'm doing it now. While she's clearly suspecting Aganzir, she is hesitant to actually vote her. Her arguments become very intense...yet she does not want to take the blame if Aganzir is innocent. I don't know...something just seems wrong here. If Lommy's evil, it could've been A) a fight between two wolves who didn't know each other B) a fight between wolves who did know each other C) a planned fight between a wolf and the EW.

Now a few quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
What!?!!!?

I'm back and I'm baffled.

My initial reaction was that Rikae's revelation does not look credible, but also Legate's reaction to it was rather wolvish. So I'm rather mystified.

(Hmmm... It just occured to me that Rikae might be a very bold ordo trying to flush out Legate, but that would be quite silly as she'd cause more harm than anything good.)

There's something honest in Rikae's tone and her being the GW kind of fits well with Mac being the ranger and her being so dismayed at his death. On the other hand, like so many people have said this far, there was little reason for her to reveal. If there had been a reason, she'd surely have revealed earlier and explained it, if she really was the GW. That hastiness and confusingness combined with her rather weird behaviour earlier toDay makes me think she might very well be a wolf causing confusion.

Or then she's just frustrated with all of us for getting Mac killed, does not want to play anymore and is seriously overreacting. But I think she's more calms or sensible than that.

All in all, I'm confused.
Is it just me or does Lommy's reaction to Rikae's reveal seem well...fake? It just doesn't seem like an authentic reaction...

Quote:
I'm not trusting tp, but I'm not claiming he's faking
A wolfish statement, if I ever saw one.

Quote:
Rikae's return kind of ruined everything. Her tone seems quite honest... yet lynching her might still be the best choice....
Another wolfish comment. She's wavering...

Quote:
But the question remains, why to lynch Cailín and not Rikae if they're both wolves?
I replied to her about this, but I had thought that surely anyone would see the reason why. Because Di knew Cailin was a wolf, but Rikae could be the EW.

Quote:
Just one kill = three wolves. Three wolves = EW scried a gifted or the GW. I'm not sure if it's worse or better than an extra kill...
Gah! She's not the only one making this mistake as I pointed out. But why is everyone forgetting that it could go the other way around?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:12 AM   #1094
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I hope I didn't miss anybody.
Me, at least.

Quote:
And come on people, where are your lists?

It's not that hard.

Just list the living players (besides Rik and I) and say what you think of them. Even one word would do (eg "Werewolf" or "Ordo").
If this is so, my list could suffice to you, because I really am not in the situation, nor have the time, to elaborate in much depths. But I also at least formed myself a complete list of players all at once. Here it goes:

More or less the ladder is made from the most innocent-looking to the most suspicious, even in the order inside the separate zones (green zone: innocentish; yellow zone: some ordinary fella with whom I don't feel anything bad, but also I am not just as ready to use the word "innocent" for him; orange zone: wary of; red zone: very bad). Even as I wrote it, I rearranged it on several places (switched positions), so there are sometimes mentioned things which are in the text later (but there's a link to them).

GREEN ZONE:

the phantom - I am gonna believe him. If he was sinister, he would have been stopped. That's about it.

Lalaith - especially after yesterDay, my views on her are very positive. Inclined to think innocent.

Nilpaurion Felagund - feels good, just overall. It's true maybe there is not that much from him to judge that well, but as far as I can tell, nothing particularly suspicious strikes me about him. It is worth mentioning, though, that I haven't played with him this far (so I think), so I may be off-track.

YELLOW ZONE:

Satansaloser 2005 - my love is of course innocent. No, no, not necessarily, but I think overall she is fine; I could as well put her into the green zone.

Brinniel - seems okay, rational, or definitely seemed so at the beginning (cf. my analysis on, what it was, Day 2 - it was after I did the analysis, not before...); I think in her case, her skepticism, when there is any, is honest. And now, especially after I saw the latter posts of her, my feelings on her are pretty good.

Durelin - she seemed quite well and reasonable this far, also, as I said, she would seem more chaotic evil if she were so.

Gwathagor - something like Shasta (see below), although not so horribly misguided-looking, just Gwathagorish. Overall, I think he's more reasonable and actually may be pretty innocent.

Shastanis Althreduin - I feel rather good about him, although from some of his opinions or ideas I get the feeling that he is a horribly misguided ordo (like for example yesterDay, and even toDay, wondering about Rikae, wondering about me, about phantom...). But as you see: Yellow zone.

A Little Green - she could be either way, and I know she would be capable of disguising herself well, being a Wolf, however, I have nothing to base suspicion for her on at the time.

Isabellkya - I remember at least in the beginning there used to be good points from her, and even now, her style seems more like innocentish. The only reason why I am putting her in the yellow zone, and so deep, and not in the green zone is gut feeling. But that's about it and it may be ignored - in that case, green zone.

Celuien - Such a. Person. (cf. below the orange zone people) I have better idea about her than about those below, at least more than Kath, of whom I really have NO idea at all. Overall my feelings on her are quite mixed.

ORANGE ZONE:

Mormegil - he would be better, if it were only for some helpfulness or trying to help he presents. But. The way he acts, seldom appearing, with some sort of aggressiv-ish tone in his posts makes me worried about him. However, heck, I should say here too that his later posts, if I try to imagine him as innocent, do not seem that bad and could rather make me think better about him. But, what I wrote, I wrote. This is the way it is now.

(I see the rest of this zone is formed out of people who are totally submerged submarines. This is probably the best place to put them.)

Eönwë - such a person exists? Though I remember him saying some things, which unnerved me a bit...

McCaber - I know such a person exists, but 0+0=0

Kath - such a person....?!?!???

RED ZONE:

Lhunardawen - something seems wrong with her. Her posts, it seems like she's hiding something, or hiding from something, or whatever. Also I don't recall exactly what now, but her stances towards some problems just made me worried. But still, she is on the border, almost in the orange zone, but I wanted to underline the difference.

Roa_Aoife - eee, don't like Mommy at all. I know she tries to bring things, questions, thoughts that appear reasonable, but in my opinion, she is not so. And after yesterDay and toDay, after she kept questioning everything, and voted me, and overall seemed just wrong in her post to that point that I don't think she could have been mislead. She's clever, after all. Simply put, I would not expect her vote for me so easily had she been innocent. That's actually it, and I can generalise a little: most of the people from now on are those who are skeptic, yes, well, nothing wrong on that - but they are skeptic towards the one side, but not as much towards the other! I.e. what I said, Roa skeptically questions phantom, but does not bother questioning her own vote for me at all.

Thinlómien - I said that all before many times. My view of the story: From the beginning an ordo, later scried for a wolf, now still seeming to be undecisive about things, TOO skeptical (again, cf. above) for her skepticism to be actually honest! She may be skeptic, but heck, there is a limit!!!

INFRARED ZONE:

Rikae

Missed anyone? Hope not.

P.S. And I am aware of the fact that at the moment I make a list, I start to be totally off...

P.P.S. And I am probably going to part with you for now. Will probably show up later only to review what happened, maybe post something really, really short and then vote. I am parting with you with the signature line:

"How troublesome..."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 06-09-2008, 05:13 AM   #1095
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

It's unusually quiet here. Am I gonna end up triple posting?

Suspicion list:

Guilty: Rikae

Suspicious: Lommy

Borderline Suspicious: Roa, McCaber

No Idea: Shasta, Nilp, Kath, phantom, Lhuna, Legate, Celuien

Probably Innocent: Greenie, Izzy, Eonwe, Sally, Durelin, Lalaith, morm, Gwath

Okay, it's after 5am and I really need to go to bed. I'll see you all in several hours (and probably 5 pages later ).

Don't do anything too chaotic while I'm gone.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:18 AM   #1096
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm back, didja miss me?

Phantom, I see you've admitted to being too cowardly for a duel toDay. Suits me just fine, I get another wolf.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:31 AM   #1097
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Checking in on my way to work (super-quick) and I wonder. Is it possible that the wolves tried to kill the GW? But if so, there should be a challenge toDay sometime, so I'm guessing that's not the case.

Back in four hours or so I believe, though it'll be just to check in and I probably won't be able to post much.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #1098
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The phantom is egoistical and doesn't care about you!

He would rather give me a fourth wolf and allow me to kill you at twice the rate than admit his failure and challenge me with only one measly gifted.

Your Good Wizard doesn't have the good of the people in mind. Only I do. Do not trust the GW!
Old 06-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #1099
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Remember earlier I said I wanted to see one person's list in particular? That person was Nilp.

But he hasn't shown up. Oh well.

When I'm off of work in four hours I'll be giving you all the heads up as to what is going to happen tonight and what I'm hoping will happen tomorrow.

For now, vote for Nilp. He's a Werewolf.

Yes, I'm certain, so don't even ask.

+ + Nilp

Sorry mother, but you don't get a 4th WW tonight. You'll get a third- if you're lucky.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 AM   #1100
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Location: The brink, where hope and despair are akin. [The Philippines]
Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Eye Whee!

++Nilpaurion Felagund

I knew I'd been dreamed last NIGHT. Thanks for wasting a dream on me, who am least of my brethren.
Nilpaurion Felagund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 07:20 AM   #1101
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Nilpaurion Felagund is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Pipe Ooh!

Imagine all the cover this creates! They'd all be voting for me, good and bad! Bandwaggons are rather nice-looking, aren't they.

++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

++Nilpaurion Felagund

Pretty . . .
Old 06-09-2008, 07:57 AM   #1102
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Do you mean there was so little posting since I left? Seems almost unbelievable.

Nilp... why is Kabuto-san attacking Old Lady Tsunade? Wha??? I don't believe it! He seemed so reasonable!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:02 AM   #1103
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Do you know I once made a list somewhere, possibly in the Grimoire, on how many posts I tend to make during a game. That was because I'd just experienced the same situation, where everyone kept asking me why or mentioning that I was quieter than usual. I'm not really complaining, just mentioning, because I'm not quieter than usual, I am as quiet as I usually am, just in a game this size it feels like I'm saying less.

Anyway, phantom asked for a list (I read through and had exactly the same reaction as a few others when he posted those orders, but the fact that he actually noticed this and altered it to a question made me smile) so I'll do one. Don't know if there's much point now he's revealed and voted Nilp but oh well.

Greenie - I've not been suspicious of her so haven't looked at her in any great detail.

Shasta - like many have said, he's gone unnoticed, or not unnoticed but more just there, like a noise you've stopped hearing it's so constant. That sounds really insulting, it's not meant to be, I just can't think of a better analogy.

Izzy - hmm, I see Roa's point too about going after phantom yet voting Roa with little reasoning. Over the Days when I've seen a post from her I've often re-read it or double checked it, maybe I'm seeing something there that feels wrong. Not sure.

Lommy - I don't usually have such a problem with Lommy! If she's around and noisy she's generally innocent, if she's a wolf the stress of lying tends to come across. This game ... maybe it's the number of people thing again, she's hardly quiet but seems to be being drowned out. Some have said the way she reacts to things is overly confused and so suspicious, I actually don't think so. There was a point where I thought maybe she was suspicious but when I went back and read over some of her posts I thought her innocent. That change of mind hasn't changed back since.

Nilp - well, he has been playing less ... insanely than normal, and I'm quite inclined to take phantom's word for it so, wolf.

Eonwe - ha, yelled at phantom. Yeah, that's it, that's all I recall from him. Completely under the radar. Very overwhelmed innocent or very overwhelmed wolf, very little chance of working out which.

Sally - I'm so glad she's in this village, yeah that mad posting increases the amount of time it takes to read but it's so funny. I disagree with her about the whole how much people post thing, though I would, but I don't think it makes her suspicious. I don't think a wolf could post that much without letting something slip.

Rikae - I love how she's been posting toDay! She's evil as anything but the Rocky Horror references and the sheer fun she's having make her posts a joy to read.

phantom - as I said earlier, I'm inclined to trust him. My rebellious side has had it's workout since day 1 (oh that's no typo with the small letter D, I mean from day 1 of being on the 'Downs) so it's quite happy to listen to him now, even if it does like to mutter mutinously from time to time.

Lhuna - surprisingly I have no view on her, I thought I did. I think I found her suspicious early on, a bit over the top with some reactions to things others said. I don't think I've seen enough from her since then to do anything with that opinion.

Durelin - considering she's been around a fair bit I haven't thought much of her since that spat with Agan finished.

Roa - I'm inclined to think innocent. Arguing with phantom and getting completely over the top-ly cross is Roa's usual way of playing these games. All that stuff about 'when I was the EW' helps too. I mean yes she could be evil and saying it to avoid suspicion, but I'm not sure the amount of attention it's brought her would have been worth it.

Brinn - every now and then I read a post of hers and go 'ah! suspicious' and then I re-read it and can't work out why. This happened more at the beginning of the game so maybe I just got used to it or she calmed down some or something happened. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she was a non-original wolf I think, because that might explain that slight change in style over the Days.

Legate - again, since his argumentative phase I haven't thought a huge amount about him. But then even when I did I couldn't get a clear view.

Lalaith - first I thought 'flying under the radar', then I thought 'wolf!' but I cannot remember why. That was sometime on Day 2 I think but I do remember the thought striking me quite hard, so I'll remain wary here.

morm - been quieter than you have I? Hardly an unusual occurrence. That said, you've not been so verbose yourself. This could explain why I currently have no suspicions of you, which is practically unheard of.

Celuien - I have no idea, I really don't. I read her posts, they look fine to me, then I wonder if they look too fine. It's all a big mess in my head at this point.

Gwath - bit reactionary, but on the whole seems to post sensibly and with thought. Don't know what that says about his moral compass.

McCaber - another of these I've barely noticed. There really are too many people in this game, it's making me feel bad that I've concentrated on barely a third of them when reading through.

Anyway, there's my list. It was done without looking back over the Days, I wanted to see what I thought of people when their latest post wasn't in my head or when I'd just read over an analysis of them or something. Not sure it worked too well because of the number of people I couldn't remember much about but oh well.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #1104
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye Schwannenigans

Quote:
Nilp... why is Kabuto-san attacking Old Lady Tsunade? (Legate)
The same reason Aizen attacked Seireitei, and Light used the Death Note . . .

I don't really know.

Well, it's been fun, villagers, play nice. Take care of my children, please; they take after their parents, they do.

NOBODY LISTENS TO THE GUILTY!!!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:20 AM   #1105
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
For now, vote for Nilp. He's a Werewolf.
Ha ha. Oops.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 AM   #1106
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

In honor of Nilp -

++Rikae
Old 06-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #1107
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Hi, my name is Adam Smith, escaped convict from 9th-century Wales. This looks like fun. May I join?

Shush, Adam, don't bother them!

But I want Nilp's head over my fireplace and his hide on my door! *pout*
Old 06-09-2008, 08:39 AM   #1108
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

I told you the EW was stupid, didn't I?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:47 AM   #1109
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Nilp

Although a comment from Little Green made my suspicions rise today. (I will supply that later depending upon what happens)

I hope phantom gives us some more direction but I'm glad we have Nilp and thinned the numbers a bit. I still think Lommy, Lal, and now Greenie are worthy of looking at more closely.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 AM   #1110
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabelkya
How exactly would we have known about it? Have we known about any of the gifted, like which ones we have or how many, this entire game? I don't understand what the point about both wizard scrying the same person=death, since that wouldn't stop the GW from trying to get another gifted to replace Mac. As for the EW, I find it unlikely that they would try to scry for the gifted when they could just attack and kill them with wolves. The EW, having only 3 wolves last Night, would have been looking for a wolf to turn, not a gifted to de-gift. She wants those four kills. EW scrying is for wolf making, not gifted/GW hunting. That's what wolves are for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
Oh really. If my post was erroneous, then I believe yours is as well.
I also corrected myself here. Read the whole way through before you respond Izzie. It's usually the best way to go about.

Of course, none this explains your two votes for me with out any previous suspicion mentioned. So, tell me, what was that all about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
Roa: The problem I have with Roa is that she was the first one to quickly believe Rikae in her claims as the GW. She backs away to "if" later on, but still openly defends her. That makes me nervous, as I can't understand how she (or anyone else) could've seen truth in that claim...it just seemed faulty to me. But would a wolf (or EW) be so bold? Typically I'd say no, but Roa's known to be bold...
Um, no, I didn't. I was one of the people questioning her from the start. In fact, I never said we should believe her at all. I simply believed that the best way to tell if she was telling the truth was to lynch Legate. That's how we usually test the seer. After phantom revealed, I was more inclined to believe her over him, for obvious reasons, but I still never fully placed my turst in her.

And oh for heaven's sake, Nilp.

Now, my own analysis of Nilp fits nicely with him being a wolf. And of course this self-voting thing makes my blood boil. I'm not certain we can trust phantom, but again, I think the best way to test him out is to go ahead and lynch Nilp. If Nilp isn't a wolf, we'll know for certain that phantom is evil. If he is, well, we'll have another wolf down. Which if there are only three wolves now, we'll only have one kill tonight. If the ranger did well, then we'll still keep it down to four wolves.

And of course, Nilp's not even trying to wriggle out of it. (Should that be considered honorable in this game?)

I won't be back until an hour before deadline, and I'll only have a few minutes then.

++Nilp

Because he's not even trying to hide it.

Edit: Four wolves for two kills, not four kills.....

Old 06-09-2008, 08:56 AM   #1111
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Because he's not even trying to hide it.
Indeed - quite annoying, considering the possibility that the seer actually dreamt of someone else and tp was bluffing about Nilp...
Old 06-09-2008, 08:57 AM   #1112
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Edit: Four wolves for two kills, not four kills.....
Unfortunately.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:02 AM   #1113
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Incidentally, Roa, I like the cut of your jib. Want to join my team? They'll need a leader when I'm gone.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #1114
Lhunardawen
Hauntress of the Havens

Lhunardawen has been trapped in the Barrow!
++NILPAURION FELAGUND

*kisses the phantom* I'm sorry, I can't say more, internet connexion is fluky here tonight at the boarding house.
Lhunardawen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 AM   #1115
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Incidentally, Roa, I like the cut of your jib. Want to join my team? They'll need a leader when I'm gone.
Tempting, but no. I, unlike some, am not so eager to change sides. If you wanted me, you should have picked me in the first batch, because even if I was changed now, I'd probably still be trying to help the village win. I'm invested in their survival.

And if phantom is on your team, then no way. I don't think we work together very well.

Old 06-09-2008, 09:12 AM   #1116
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Sorry mother, but you don't get a 4th WW tonight. You'll get a third- if you're lucky.
I still have more minions than you do.

Anyway, folks, your evil wizard needs some help here. I'm sure you'll be very cooperative, right? I'm looking for a few good wolves, so come on, don't be shy - who wants to be evil? This may be your last chance, so step right up! Nominate yourselves, nominate your friends, and let me know - just what makes YOU an exceptional baddie? I wish I could make all of you wolves, you know, but my son doesn't share my vision, so don't be modest, because this is a wizard's market!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:13 AM   #1117
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

Pipe Hehehe.

Got a last chance to post tonight.

Sorry, Rikae, but I'm in the wrong timezone to pull that off. Maybe next time . . .

Lhuna is a wolf, Lommy, Greenie, and Nogrod are wolves, too. Also, Rikae replaced Mac as your Ranger. Hurrah for shared computers!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:15 AM   #1118
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye

Quote:
Oooh, do that, do that!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #1119
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Well, friends, this is the last time I'll be able to post toDay. I have to go to work now, but good luck.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #1120
Nilpaurion Felagund
Scion of The Faithful

The Eye

That would work . . . nobody would lynch the dead.

Being evil is nice; evil is cute and fuzzy. Join evil!