The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-08-2005, 04:37 PM   #1041
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
If that's the choice...

++Glorfindel

You've got a pretty awesome horse, and you're one of my favorite Elves, but you're a casualty in the war to keep Eowyn around. Besides... once you've been killed, you couldn't stay that way, could you? No, you turn up again in the following ages.

All you sexists trying to get rid of Eowyn, as if she isn't cooler than Galadriel any day! You all don't mind Galadriel because she's more feminine, but Eowyn? Chuck her off the island, you say!
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #1042
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Sexist you say !

No not at all, but Eowyn comids Impersonation fraud. She do not obey her king . She leave her people leader less. (weakens there defense) She is Selfish and she is envious because of the attencion Galadriel gets from Gimli

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #1043
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne
Sexist you say !

No not at all, but Eowyn comids Impersonation fraud. She do not obey her king . She leave her people leader less. (weakens there defense) She is Selfish and she is envious because of the attencion Galadriel gets from Gimli
And don't forget how awful it is to spell her name.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:25 PM   #1044
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I have no problems with Glorfindel in himself - a perfectly respectable and really quite dashing scion of the admittedly obscure House of the Golden Flower.

But since that cinematic replacement by a female at the Ford, he has become the poster-boy of a certain reactionary and unwholesome kinder-kirche-kuche element of the Tolkien fanbase.
I am frankly very surprised to find mormegil of all people as a cheerleader of this kind of misogynistic piffle. But while I salute the gallant Glorfindel, I must vote against him for what he has come, I am sure against his own wisely elven wishes, to represent.

++GLORFINDEL
Old 10-08-2005, 06:58 PM   #1045
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Vote Update.

Gurthang: Well, our two candidates are both collecting votes in no time flat! It looks like this campaign is pretty close, in fact, I'm not sure who's ahead at the moment. I think I'll call my color man and see how it's going out in the field: Gnahtrug, how's it look out there?

Gnahtrug: Well, Gurthang, it is a very close race. Both Glorfindel and Eowyn have gotten numerous votes. Let's see... Divine Bovine! It looks like it's a tie! At the moment the voting stands:

Glorfindel - 4
Eowyn - 4

Boy this is really a close one! I hope somebody breaks this tie really quickly!

Gurthang: Well, I'm not going to do that! But I will add another opponent to the stack:

++Galadriel

For being a prissy, stuck-up, pointy-eared, old elf-queen! (And to avoid being called a sexist or a womanizer. )

Last edited by Gurthang; 10-08-2005 at 07:07 PM.
Gurthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:33 PM   #1046
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
++Galadriel

Of the three "big names" today, she's my least favourite. Eowyn, I will agree with Firefoot, has her totally beat in the coolness factor, and Glorfindel is the most cool Elf in the 3rd Age. Period.

So, this being a "reality" show, one must vote off the least cool. Bye, 'Laddie!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #1047
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Gurthang and Formendacil we may need your vote to keep Glorfindel. If we loose him due to one or two votes I will hold you both responsible and take you to task for it
Old 10-09-2005, 05:57 AM   #1048
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Compromise?

What if we let up on Glorfindel if you all let up on Eowyn, letting both of them make it to, say, the final four? final three? Truth is, I'd much rather have Eowyn around than Galadriel. Galadriel gets too much credit for everything... I wouldn't mind going for her today.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:08 AM   #1049
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I'm happy to do a deal and lay off Glorfindel, at least for a while. But given that there are only two females left, why must one of them be sacrificed today? I'm not saying they both have to reach the final, but surely there's no need to whittle it down to just one at this relatively early stage?

Can I suggest "unquenchably cheerful" Pippin as a good alternative eviction candidate?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:18 AM   #1050
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Male/female? Schmail/Schemail. It's not so much the gender of the contestants as their characters and the tribal mix that I am concerned with.

I'd be happy to vote for either Galadriel or Glorfindel today.

Only one Elf should make the final. Both of the remaining Elves are insufferably pompous and incredibly disdainful of the other contestants, although this Galadriel-Gimli thing is becoming interesting. To keep that interest alive, I'd be inclined to vote for Glorfindel. After all, he had two stints in Middle-earth. That's more than enough exposure. He doesn't need to win Survivor too.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:34 AM   #1051
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++eowyn.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:10 AM   #1052
mormegil
Maundering Mage

--Eowyn
++Galadriel

I would love Pippin to be gone next.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:12 AM   #1053
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well Sauce has come up with a more general reason for voting off Glorfindel so come on people! We need an Elf gone. Let Gimli and Galadriel have a little more time together - vote Glorfindel. Galadriel voters change to Glorfindel and get rid of this bothersome know-it-all.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:15 AM   #1054
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Perhaps it would be easier to vote all three off at once and start anew?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 08:24 AM   #1055
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Ahhh, we must save Glorfindel and Galadriel!

++EOWYN

Galadriel has to stay at least as long as Gimli is here. It's not all that often that we get to hear a Dwarf flirting at all, but it's especially rare when an Elf is involved. And as for Glorfindel, I think he deserves time on the island to make up for Arwen's stealing his 15 minutes of movie fame.

Oh, and Sauce, the Elves are insufferably pompous? Let's not forget that Lizzie once made a similar mistake about Mr. Darcy. They really aren't that bad once you get to know them.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:28 PM   #1056
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Gimli and Galadriel love triangle was broken when Celebron left...

EDIT:
--Eowyn

++Gimli

cause Wilwa put reason into my head...

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 10-09-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #1057
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

++Eowyn

Cateladriel is much better looking then Mirwyn and how did Eowyn ever get the idea that Aragorn was into her?

I think that makes voting...

Eowyn- 7
Glorfindel- 4
Galadriel- 3
Old 10-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #1058
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
For goodness sake...Glorfindel it was who advocated hurling the ring into the sea. Talk about escapism.

But I would far rather pursue Hama or a Hobbit.

All the same, at this stage, let's take the fanatical, airy-fairy, stars-in-his-eyes molester of reputable Black Riders out of this show.

++GLORFINDEL
Old 10-09-2005, 12:42 PM   #1059
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Dark-Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
--Eowyn
++Galadriel

I would love Pippin to be gone next.
You turncoat !

I hope you will be doomed to spell Eowyn in all eternity !

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 12:43 PM   #1060
Gil-Galad

--Gimli

++Glorfindel

double lynching! i think...

Eowyn- 6
Glorfindel- 6
Galadriel- 3
Old 10-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #1061
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
Gurthang and Formendacil we may need your vote to keep Glorfindel. If we loose him due to one or two votes I will hold you both responsible and take you to task for it
Heard, and agreed with.

No holding ME responsible...

--Galadriel

++Eowyn
Old 10-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #1062
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Hm. Hard choice, really. I like both Eowyn and Glorfindel...

But, due to the circumstances and evidence, I think that Glorfindel should be the one to go. Why? Because, out of the two of them, Eowyn is much more fit for the Island. Consider - Glorfindel...pushed off of his horse by Arwen (who, in herself, is a wimp) ... what's that say for the male elf? I mean, come on.

Eowyn, on the other hand, is very strong...she was somewhat rebellious, yes, but that's evidently what people want around here. *ahem* But towards the end of it, she really comes around. Decides that a woman's life is not meant to be a man's and marries for love and not for dreaming.

So...only to save Eowyn, though, mind, I do like them both - ++Glorfindel

-- Folwren
Old 10-09-2005, 02:11 PM   #1063
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Sorry but I must change my vote again. My Galadriel push didn't work out and Glorfindel is close to leaving so he needs my help

--Galadriel
++Eowyn
Old 10-09-2005, 02:12 PM   #1064
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Ah. Mormegil. You're fond of Glorfindel.

Preference noted, vengeance drive ready to be begun...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:19 PM   #1065
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Morm is just being perverse. He said he'd be happy to go for Pippin, you said you'd be happy to go for Pippin, I said I'd be happy to go for Pippin, so there we were, we could all have been happy, but what does he do...deliberately set out to annoy and upset everyone.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #1066
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

After the demise of Celeborn, Eomer, and now Eowyn, I'm quite frankly eager to cause mormegil as much unhappiness as possible. This natural inclination is presently striving with my anti-Hobbit nature...
Old 10-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #1067
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Ah. Mormegil. You're fond of Glorfindel.

Preference noted, vengeance drive ready to be begun...
Yes, but there are others. However he whom I wished to win was taken out far too early, which resulted in the destruction of your elven lord clan. Samwise Gamgee should have won this game and it's a shame he didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Morm is just being perverse. He said he'd be happy to go for Pippin, you said you'd be happy to go for Pippin, I said I'd be happy to go for Pippin, so there we were, we could all have been happy, but what does he do...deliberately set out to annoy and upset everyone.
Not so. I'm merely needing to save one of those I want in the final. However nobody went for Pippin today so it was fairly futile to go for him alone. If you would like I would go for him tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:37 PM   #1068
Alcarillo
Shadow of the Past

Alcarillo has just left Hobbiton.
Leaf

++Glorfindel

Between Eowyn and Glorfindel, I think Glorfindel sounds funnier. I mean, really, say it aloud. Glor...fin...del. It brings images of Santa's workshop to mind.
Alcarillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #1069
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

I'm submitting to cynicism and taking up the no-brain role of prosecutor.

Let's have a look at this *Glorfindel's* career.

Not a member of the golden house of Finrod and yet a blonde. This means that clearly, sometime in the First Age, he stole hair dye from-

A. Celegorm. This would mean that this so called hero had spent time hanging around with a traitor, murderer, abductor and Lord Fauntleroy-lookalike.

or

B. Oropher. This would mean that he falsified his claim to be of the Noldor, is some rustic Sinda, and blagged his way into Gondolin, where he killed the real Glorfindel and stole his identity during the chaos of the Siege. The prosecution thinks this the more likely.

Then who is he really? Or should I say she? For the smooth-talking Noldorin Lord is none other than...

Marysueowen, notorious feminist, inept singer, ninja assassin, illegal half-elf, and mother of Legolas!

This explains her constant resurrection and her effortless victories over Balrogs and Ringwraiths. Get rid of this abomination before it's too late!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #1070
Dunwen
Wight

Dunwen has just left Hobbiton.
Let's see....
Glorfindel: Pretty horse
Dresses well
Nice hair
Fights evil by playing with matches

Vs. Eowyn: Devoted to family
Has earned the trust of her nation
Superb rider (did Glorfindel fight on horseback while encumbered by
hobbit? I think not.)
Dresses well (see appearance in Houses of Healing)
Nice hair (see note re: Houses of Healing above)
Fights evil by standing her ground and taking on Fell Beast and Witch
King
Sense of humor ("I am no man!")
Totally rocks
Had to put up with being hit on by Grima Wormtongue (which explains
a lot about that whole crush-on-Aragorn thing)

For the last reason alone, she deserves to survive!

++Glorfindel
Dunwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:49 PM   #1071
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

This makes it...

Glorfindel- 8
Eowyn- 8

Au revoir to two amigos. Glorfindel couldn't go home, for some reason he couldn't find his horse, so the tribe had to resort to cannibalism with food running short. Eowyn made a gallant run, but Galadriel is the better looking when the survivors haven't had a bath in weeks.

Dwarf/Elf:
Galadriel
Gimli

Hobbits:
Merry
Pippin

Man:
Hama

5 left!!!
Old 10-09-2005, 03:53 PM   #1072
Gil-Galad

Merry and Pip cause nothing but trouble on the island, thye took my other pie!

++Pippin
Old 10-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #1073
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

*sigh*

I'm kind of losing heart here, after that double eviction. I hope Morm is pleased with himself, that's all. *glower*

Anyway, yeah, Fool of a Took, whatever.

++PIPPIN
Old 10-09-2005, 04:00 PM   #1074
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Quote:
I hope Morm is pleased with himself, that's all.
Oh I'm sure he is.

++PIPPIN

Might as well let him go.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:01 PM   #1075
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Pippin

If anything good came out of Glorfindel's depature it would have to be that Anguriel wasn't instrumental in his leaving
Old 10-09-2005, 04:13 PM   #1076
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++pipin.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:14 PM   #1077
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

++Gimli

I've already told you the good reasons... and right now I just feel obstinate and don't really care to vote for Pippin.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:24 PM   #1078
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
++Pippin
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #1079
The 1,000 Reader
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The 1,000 Reader is still gossiping in the Green Dragon.
The hobbits are just plain cool.

++Hama.

He stands out too much. He also has been distraught and unhelpful since Eowyn left.
The 1,000 Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:36 PM   #1080
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
He also has been distraught and unhelpful since Eowyn left
I know how he feels.