The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #1001
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

autume98 has just left Hobbiton.
Also look at sally's post #880.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #1002
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by autume98 View Post
Also look at sally's post #880.
Did you mean to link to my post on Brinn? Asking just in case.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #1003
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Morm has simply not appeared suspicious to me - I could be wrong, I don't read him that well, but I simply don't see what is fueling the wagon.
Okay, that's fair enough, though my question was more whom you thought his death would implicate/exonerate than about whether you'd vote for him--though that question was tied in.

I agree with tum's reasoning to an extent--assuming that my version of how that reasoning goes is accurate. Basically, it runs thus: "Here are Morm's posts, here's what he says in a nutshell... and then out of the blue he has a serious suspicion of Formendacil, denounces him as the Bear, and votes thusly."

Insofar as I know I'm not the Bear, this puts me on edge, but the more objective case against him is in the out-of-the-blueness with which Morm's suspicion of me appears. As far as that goes, it looks quite odd indeed.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:29 PM   #1004
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
You joined over a year after me, and have almost as many posts? Inconceivable!
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #1005
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #1006
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Did you mean to link to my post on Brinn? Asking just in case.
Yes I did. You had some items in there regarding morm in reply to what Brinn had done.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM   #1007
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
I am only to 973 but I feel the need to retract the Form vote, sorry mate but it had to be done. I do suspect you and you haven't thrown me off, I do suspect some people more. I was glad to see Lommy jump on so quickly. I haven't fully read her yet, which is odd; actually it's odd I haven't suspected her, because like Rikae I tend to suspect her when innocent. With that said my case against you was fairly weak but knowing I could retract I wanted to throw it out there.

Again I don't trust you but there are those higher on the list. Alona for example especially with the no vote. I think it was Macthat pointed out she looks like a scared new wolf. I agree. I am beginning to think Sally is a good cobbler candidate, but honestly Lommy may fill that role though I'm more inclined to believe her the wolf.

I will not vote yet but I will retract

--Formendacil
Old 08-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #1008
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Well as far as that goes, you joined a year and a half after me, and you're within about 100 posts...

Silly Sally talks too much?

X-ed with all since the quoted Post.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:33 PM   #1009
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
...and then out of the blue he has a serious suspicion of Formendacil, denounces him as the Bear, and votes thusly."

Insofar as I know I'm not the Bear, this puts me on edge, but the more objective case against him is in the out-of-the-blueness with which Morm's suspicion of me appears. As far as that goes, it looks quite odd indeed.
This is kinda looking familiar. Isn't this kinda what Shasta did on Day 1?

Edit: x-ed with morm and Form wow...it rhymes! I am easily entertained.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #1010
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes I did. You had some items in there regarding morm in reply to what Brinn had done.
Ahhhh....okay, just checking.

Also, check out where I analyzed Shasta. Because he was at one point in quite a bit of suspicion and then just disappeared from conversation. (Of course I'd still rather wait until he's around, but if he's the bear or something it's best to kill him now.)
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #1011
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Alona - best suspect I have, but I feel foggy about her, if you know what I mean.
Autume - I don't know, but my feeling tends to more innocent than suspicious.
Durelin - good vibes from her.
Form - I'm not convinced by the evidence presented against him. I'm not convinced of his innocence either.
Lommy - really don't know what to think of her.
Mira - I used to think she's innocent, but now she has escaped my attention.
morm - probably innocent, but you never know.
Nerwen - creepy.
Nessa - creepy.
Nienna - not creepy.
Rikae - feels pretty innocent
Sally - a lot of evidence against her, but my gut feeling just won't agree with it.
Shasta - isn't anywhere close to my radar.

I'm not going to vote for Durelin, morm, Nienna, or Rikae toDay, and probably not for Autume, Form, or Mira (unless something unexpected happens, of course). I will choose among the rest on a whim, I think.

And I apologise for my lack of participation. I just don't feel like I'm really "in" the game and getting what's going on.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:35 PM   #1012
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well as far as that goes, you joined a year and a half after me, and you're within about 100 posts...

Silly Sally talks too much?
Amen! Erm, I mean....

Which is weird, because I sometimes get accused of being too quiet. Then again, it depends on the game (e.g. timing and stuff, not my role). Sometimes I'm a loudmouth, sometimes I like to play in Rudolph's pen. Never know with me.

EDIT: x'd with Mac
Old 08-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #1013
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Ahhhh....okay, just checking.

Also, check out where I analyzed Shasta. Because he was at one point in quite a bit of suspicion and then just disappeared from conversation. (Of course I'd still rather wait until he's around, but if he's the bear or something it's best to kill him now.)
I saw that. I haven't heard enough from him at this point to kill him. He is on my radar though.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #1014
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Amen! Erm, I mean....

Which is weird, because I sometimes get accused of being too quiet. Then again, it depends on the game (e.g. timing and stuff, not my role). Sometimes I'm a loudmouth, sometimes I like to play in Rudolph's pen. Never know with me.

Too quiet! Ha! That'll be the day.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #1015
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I saw that. I haven't heard enough from him at this point to kill him. He is on my radar though.
Heh. That bit was for everyone, lovely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tum
Too quiet! Ha! That'll be the day.
OI!

ETA: I'll get you for that tomorrow, you know. Just wait, woman, just you wait....
Old 08-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #1016
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
I am only to 973 but I feel the need to retract the Form vote, sorry mate but it had to be done. I do suspect you and you haven't thrown me off, I do suspect some people more. I was glad to see Lommy jump on so quickly. I haven't fully read her yet, which is odd; actually it's odd I haven't suspected her, because like Rikae I tend to suspect her when innocent. With that said my case against you was fairly weak but knowing I could retract I wanted to throw it out there.

Again I don't trust you but there are those higher on the list. Alona for example especially with the no vote. I think it was Macthat pointed out she looks like a scared new wolf. I agree. I am beginning to think Sally is a good cobbler candidate, but honestly Lommy may fill that role though I'm more inclined to believe her the wolf.

I will not vote yet but I will retract

--Formendacil
Well, my irkédness is mollified, anyway.

And, really... I think we suspect each other most of the time anyway, Morm. Something a bit stronger than not trusting me would make a better basis. I mean... is there anyone you do trust in this game? Because there's no one I trust (well, unless it's within a specific game context and we're lovers or shirriffs or something), and it would seem very odd if you did.

Lommy as the wolf... I can't see--partly, perhaps, because of a conflated mental image wherein she wasn't around for the first bit of the game, and thus couldn't have been killing people (yes, I know... she has a team if she's a wolf). Cobbler... now there's a possibility. Day 1 was crazy enough the wolves wouldn't've needed a Cobbler.

Probably going to vote Alona at this point, though I'm willing to contribute to a Sally-waggon if we want the second-most votes (in case of tying or last-minute flurries) to belong to someone else suspicious seeming. If the Alona-defence returns last minute again, I'd be willing to settle for a Sally kill.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #1017
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
If the Alona-defence returns last minute again, I'd be willing to settle for a Sally kill.
Heck, if anything I'll be switching to Alona. Morm's just at the top of my list.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:43 PM   #1018
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
I'm getting bear vibes off of Morm. He has discussed the bear at great length and he has done some weird voting things... mostly voting early and then the locking in of Hakon on Day One. He is just exuding bear to me at the moment.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:46 PM   #1019
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Lommy as the wolf... I can't see--partly, perhaps, because of a conflated mental image wherein she wasn't around for the first bit of the game, and thus couldn't have been killing people (yes, I know... she has a team if she's a wolf). Cobbler... now there's a possibility. Day 1 was crazy enough the wolves wouldn't've needed a Cobbler.
Yes but something is with Lommy. She is not being her usual self who goes after people with purpose, putting herself out in the open. She is not being bold at all and that concerns me greatly.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:47 PM   #1020
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Heck, if anything I'll be switching to Alona. Morm's just at the top of my list.
Well, insofar as Alona is my FIRST choice, that's quite alright with me. I'm hardly expecting you to vote yourself to save Alona.

Although... now that I think of it... if you're the Cobbler, then I guess you would.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #1021
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Heh. That bit was for everyone, lovely.
Oh right. Makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
ETA: I'll get you for that tomorrow, you know. Just wait, woman, just you wait....
Ummm...about that...
Old 08-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #1022
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Well, insofar as Alona is my FIRST choice, that's quite alright with me. I'm hardly expecting you to vote yourself to save Alona.

Although... now that I think of it... if you're the Cobbler, then I guess you would.
Pfffft. Even if I was the cobbler, this is too fun.

EDIT: x'd with Tum. That's what I thought.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #1023
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
I'm getting bear vibes off of Morm. He has discussed the bear at great length and he has done some weird voting things... mostly voting early and then the locking in of Hakon on Day One. He is just exuding bear to me at the moment.
Nienna, if I need to explain this I will as it has bugged many people, but particularly you it would seem. Nothing was happening on Day 1 Hakon needed to be voted for. I got things moving a bit if nothing else. The retraction and revote was a bit of an annoyance factor from Hakon. I was a bit bugged that he asked for a retraction, I found him suspicious and so to be comical and again to get people talking I did what I did and don't regret it.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #1024
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

I'm putting in my vote for morm. I still find him the most suspicious.

++morm

Edit: x-ed with morm
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #1025
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here goes:

--Sally

++Alona
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:52 PM   #1026
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Nienna, if I need to explain this I will as it has bugged many people, but particularly you it would seem. Nothing was happening on Day 1 Hakon needed to be voted for. I got things moving a bit if nothing else. The retraction and revote was a bit of an annoyance factor from Hakon. I was a bit bugged that he asked for a retraction, I found him suspicious and so to be comical and again to get people talking I did what I did and don't regret it.
Thank you. I think I understand now. It doesn't make you any less suspicious in my eyes, though. Just so you know.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #1027
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Yes but something is with Lommy. She is not being her usual self who goes after people with purpose, putting herself out in the open. She is not being bold at all and that concerns me greatly.
This is true... but it occurs to me that this might just be case of not being properly immersed in the game--she missed all of Day 1 and its 14 pages, and so might not have acclimatised properly.

On the other hand, I'm nowhere near enough convinced of Lommy's innocence to protest it on her behalf beyond that.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #1028
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Oh, and for the record, I didn't find Morm's retract and revote Day One suspicious. The vote itself, yeah, but I thought the retract was hysterical.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:54 PM   #1029
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Really? I think Form talked more about the bear than morm, but I could be mistaken.

So it took a ridiculously long amount of time for me to get caught up (blame Boro for that ) and I have little idea who I suspect enough to vote for than I did when I left for work this morning. There are a few candidates (who I'm not going to mention now in case I change my mind) but I'm going to take a closer look at a few people and see what happens.

Last edited by Mirandir; 08-17-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: xed since 1018 and fixed bolding
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:56 PM   #1030
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
I'm getting bear vibes off of Morm.
Not that it matters... but I keep reading this as "I'm getting beer vibes off of Morm."

(Sally, I think that's your cue...)
Old 08-17-2009, 07:57 PM   #1031
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Thank you. I think I understand now. It doesn't make you any less suspicious in my eyes, though. Just so you know.
I wouldn't have it any other way. It helps me stay alive at nights.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #1032
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Not that it matters... but I keep reading this as "I'm getting beer vibes off of Morm."

(Sally, I think that's your cue...)

I just laughed so hard at that I need a nap. Lol. Back in ten.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:58 PM   #1033
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
I thought the retract was hysterical.
That's because it was!
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #1034
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Comical, especially as I don't drink
Old 08-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #1035
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Rikae--> Sally
Morm--> Form
Lommy--> Form
Alona--> No Vote
Nessa--> No Vote
Sally--> Morm
--Morm--Form
Autume--> Morm
--Rikae--Sally
Rikae --> Alona
Form--> Alona

Alona, Morm, and No Vote 2, Form 1

Last edited by Nienna; 08-17-2009 at 08:05 PM. Reason: fixed and updated
Nienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #1036
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Maybe I should add No vote to the player list?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:01 PM   #1037
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Rikae, are you around? Who are you considering voting for?

Mac, same question?

I am going to cast my vote for Alona or Sally.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #1038
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Maybe I should add No vote to the player list?
Don't bother. They'll be dead by toNight anyway.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #1039
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Well, I'm not at all willing to go gentle into the dark Night 4, and I'm right up there with Morm and the dastardly No-Vote, so I'm not quite willing to risk this.

So let's make it a round 4-way tie, and see what happens.

++Alonariel
Old 08-17-2009, 08:03 PM   #1040
autume98
Shade of Carn Dûm

Quote:
Rikae, are you around? Who are you considering voting for?

Mac, same question?

I am going to cast my vote for Alona or Sally.
I believe Rikae retracted her vote and voted for alona.