The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-07-2005, 06:23 PM   #1001
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
I thin, having the qwarves had made the show interesting, we need to keep them around until the end,
++Eowyn
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 06:57 PM   #1002
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
I agree we need to lose a dwarf but I would much rather we went for Gloin than Gimli. Gimli has done some really impressive ground-breaking work in the field of race relations,
Oh yes like that knife blade work he did among the orcs, I'm sure that improved Orc/Dwarves relations for years to come. What's worse not only did he slaughter so many innocent Orcs he gloated over it. Yes I did say innocent. They were a victim of circumstance, they were forced to do those deed whereas Gilmi did it out of choice and found enjoyment in the slaughter of species.

Vote Gimli
Old 10-07-2005, 08:48 PM   #1003
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally posted by arcticstorm:
I thin, having the qwarves had made the show interesting, we need to keep them around until the end,
++Eowyn
Uh...Hallo, chap! Welcome to the world of LotR Survivor! I don't know if you've been around much lately, but let me bring you into focus of the latest events...

Arctic, let's not pretend. Those Dwarves have not added the least amount of excitment or interesting to the show. If you wanted excitement and interest, you should've kept Eomer and Faramir around. That would have caused a lot of excitement and interest for a lot more time.

I can bet you that Eowyn will cause a lot more interest in this game than the Dwarves will.

You know...you people just don't make any sense to me at all.

-- Folwren
Old 10-07-2005, 09:23 PM   #1004
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I have decided to go the easy way... I'm going to lambast Galadriel....

To start off with, Galadriel a known member of a most arrogant and high handed family. Included among her relatives are the isolationist Turgon and Orodreth, xenophobic King Thingol, and the totally arrogant Feanor (among others). An instant black mark against her name is the admiration that the utterly despicable Feanor had for her.

The next strike against Galadriel is rebellion against the established authority. Whatever version of her life you read, it's inescapeable that she rebelled against Manwe and fell under the Doom of the Noldor.

And speaking of versions...

There's clearly some funny business going on when it comes to her life's story. Two or three different accounts? The most recent looks like a coverup to explain how she fell under the Doom while still presenting her in an angelic light. Most dishonourable.

And then there is her flirtations... Some are just gross, like Feanor. Others are cruel, like playing Celeborn and Celebrimbor off each other, and then choosing the one more likely to bend to her will and play the obedient spouse. And, even after millennia of marriage, she goes and flirts with Gimli! It's no wonder Celeborn remained in Middle-Earth for a long time thereafter.

And then there is her well-known desire for power. As much as her detractors may say about her turning down the One Ring, the fact remains that she still WANTED it. The problem is that she wanted to have her cake and eat it too. She wanted to be both Galadriel AND the ruler of Middle-Earth.

And then there is her cavalier treatment of her family. Not a word of mention concerning Celebrian! Not one! We here about Elrond and the children's reactions. But Galadriel doesn't bat an eye. Then there's the three grandchildren. Galadriel not only doesn't care if they don't choose immortality, she actively encourages it! Considering that Men and Elves meeting in the Arda Remade is nothing more than an estel on the part of the Elves, this seems to be very cavalier of her.

One could go on and on about Galadriel's failings. After all, what kind of treatment was she giving Boromir, Merry, and Pippin? I mean, BELTS? Frodo got the light of a Silmaril, for heaven's sake! No wonder Boromir went nuts! And what WAS she thinking, stirring up his mental pot into going Ring-hungry? Seems to me that she projecting her own desires onto his weaker mind...

Surely it is clear to all by now that the vote soon should be...

++Galadriel
Old 10-07-2005, 09:47 PM   #1005
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
White Tree

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that Boromir is/was planning a followup game. Certainly, this has proven at least as addictive as Werewolf, and a lot zanier. I know that Survivor Silm was mentioned as a followup, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a Survivor Hobbit...~Formendacil
Quote:
I just got in from finishing my paper route (stupid Northern Life!!! ) and as I was doing my paper route, I was thinking...what if we did a Silmarillion Survivor? I mean come on, we all had a few good laughs and lots of fun and one bacstabbing (coughmormcough ). What would be the harm in doing a Silm Survivor?~Glirdan
Anguirel's going to be heading that one. He was kind enough to propose the idea to me, so he will be doing Survivor Silm.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #1006
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Quote:
Anguirel's going to be heading that one. He was kind enough to propose the idea to me, so he will be doing Survivor Silm.
Okie dokie Boro!! I was wondering if anyone offered for to do the Survivor Hobbit? If not, I'll glady take on that responsability.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:55 PM   #1007
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
White Tree

Sounds good to me.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #1008
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Okie dokie Boro!! I was wondering if anyone offered for to do the Survivor Hobbit? If not, I'll glady take on that responsability.
So long as it's moderately unbiased

I'm assuming that we are only running one at a time and Silm was first.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:21 AM   #1009
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++GLOIN

Arguments for his uselessness and snobbery pointed countless times before...

Glirdan, please wait till the Silmarillion Survivor is over before you start your Hobbit Survivor. Two survivors running parallel would be confusing and would overlap into each other irritatingly.

Celeborn and Elrond, by the way, will certainly be taking part.

It'll work slightly differently from this one. I've noticed that when ratings start to flag, reality TV shows often introduce new contestants. This is how the younger generations will be handled in the Silmarillion Survivor.

I will also write challenges and the results of them.

Finally, certain events or times based on the book will sometimes trigger arbitrary killing or introduction of new tribes (eg Dwarves, Men)
Old 10-08-2005, 02:51 AM   #1010
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Excellent, it now looks like I can go for the dwarf I want off,

++GLOIN

Oh and wilwarin, thank you. I knew I hadn't misjudged you. Eowyn didn't do what her brother told her to do, either.
Old 10-08-2005, 05:31 AM   #1011
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
I will get back at you all. Just dont try to cheer me up . Sorry gloin.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:27 AM   #1012
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hmm hmm, voting time.

++GLOIN

Now I'll admit to not having a great deal of reasoning, but he did make Frodo fall off his cushions. Poor little Frodo who has already been through quite enough without a Dwarf causing him upset! But my real reasoning I think is that he has obviously never come and visited Bilbo, in all the years between the quest where Bilbo likely saved his life he has never come and visited. So Frodo has never met him. Mean I say, mean.
Old 10-08-2005, 07:50 AM   #1013
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
Farewell, Gloiny Woiny.

++Eowyn, though it wont do much.
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:53 AM   #1014
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Quote:
Glirdan, please wait till the Silmarillion Survivor is over before you start your Hobbit Survivor. Two survivors running parallel would be confusing and would overlap into each other irritatingly.
Don't worry. I wasn't planning on starting it until yours was done anyway Anguriel. Love your ideas for how to run it BTW.

Quote:
++Eowyn, though it wont do much.
So your just voting for her to be different then? if so, vote for Gimli, that way we know that one Dwarf WILL be getting kicked off.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:19 AM   #1015
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
So your just voting for her to be different then? if so, vote for Gimli, that way we know that one Dwarf WILL be getting kicked off.
I think you don't understand my motives here. The guy who be short = dwarf = Won't vote for Gimli.

Eowyn appears to be the best opposition to Gloin. With a little divine intervention, perhaps he can pull through for another day...
Old 10-08-2005, 09:23 AM   #1016
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

I get it TGWBS. I see your motif. But Gloin's going home, no matter what.
Old 10-08-2005, 09:42 AM   #1017
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
I think you don't understand my motives here. The guy who be short = dwarf = Won't vote for Gimli.

Eowyn appears to be the best opposition to Gloin. With a little divine intervention, perhaps he can pull through for another day...
I hear you and answer your call for help

--Gilmi

++Eoywn

Dernhelm...what kind of a name is that!
Old 10-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #1018
The Perky Ent
Maniacal Mage

The Perky Ent has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to The Perky Ent
Silmaril

++Eomer's Ghost

He came back as a wight, I tell you!
'But Melkor also was there, and he came to the house of Fëanor, and there he slew Finwë King of the Noldor before his doors, and spilled the first blood in the Blessed Realm; for Finwë alone had not fled from the horror of the Dark.'
The Perky Ent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:17 AM   #1019
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Firefoot has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Dernhelm...what kind of a name is that!
A meaningful and clever one - it means "helmet of secrecy." I'd say that fit Eowyn's situation pretty well!

Now those Dwarf names - what are they supposed to mean? Gloin, what's he trying to prove? That he glows in the dark? And Gimli, I think his name must mean "useless and meaningless."

And all you people trying to vote off Eowyn and Galadriel! This could get awfully boring if only men were left.
Firefoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 10:20 AM   #1020
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Completely agree with you Firefoot. Why on earth would we want to get rid of the only two women left on the island? The game would just become extremely dull.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #1021
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
A meaningful and clever one - it means "helmet of secrecy." I'd say that fit Eowyn's situation pretty well!
Exactly, what is it with all the secrecy. I might add that this so called Dernhelm cannot be trusted with a simple command. "Eowyn you must stay here and rule the people while I am gone". Does she stay with the people? No, she abandons them for her own selfish pursuits. Her people needed her and the command was simple enough. She really should have been hung for disobeying a direct order from the King, yet she is praised. Who killed the Witch-King? She is a attention hog so she gets credit but she wouldn't have done anything without merry and where's his credit?

We need to get rid of this attention seeking, selfish, disobidient little deceiver.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:32 AM   #1022
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Who ever said that Merry didn't get any praise? Of course he got praise!!! What did Sam say at the end of the RotK? He said that himself, Pip and Merry were getting all the praise and Frodo got no praise. So, why do you say he got no praise?
Old 10-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #1023
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Ah yes. Eowyn the attention hog. What was about the first thing she said when she came out of her coma, after asking after Theoden?

Quote:
And what of the king’s esquire, the Halfling? Eomer, you shall make him a knight of the Riddermark, for he is valiant!’
It was just me, me, me, with her, wasn't it?

As for the women being voted off the island, I'm not in the least surprised, because let me tell you, this kind of thing *always* happens on reality tv. We've still got a long way to go in the equality battle, ladies.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #1024
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Okay, I've had my chance at raging, so I'll give you a hand, Dude Who Be Vertically Challenged.

-- Galadriel, ++Eowyn
Old 10-08-2005, 11:36 AM   #1025
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Hm, with Gloin only leading by two votes now, it seems this Eowyn faction is getting to big to ignore.

--Gimli
++Gloin

Gloin - 9
Eowyn - 6
Galadriel - 1
Old 10-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #1026
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Who ever said that Merry didn't get any praise? Of course he got praise!!! What did Sam say at the end of the RotK? He said that himself, Pip and Merry were getting all the praise and Frodo got no praise. So, why do you say he got no praise?
Ah but you see that was merely in the shire and had nothing to do with his valiant slaying of the W-K.

Eowyn on the other hand when she found that she couldn't have Aragorn and the only way to have power for herself would be to marry her neighbor in the house of healing went after her with her barbed hooks for hands. Faramir was a poor pawn in her little charade to gain as much power as possible.

Oh and also Lalaith brings up a good point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
As for the women being voted off the island, I'm not in the least surprised, because let me tell you, this kind of thing *always* happens on reality tv.
So in keeping with the way an actual reality TV show would go we must get rid of her.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:28 PM   #1027
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

++Gloin

The "G-group" is too strong and as I said before a dwarf needs to go today, though I'd prefer Gimli, Gloin will do.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:34 PM   #1028
Firefoot
Illusionary Holbytla

Eomer declares he has no gift worthy enough for Merry's deeds upon the Mundburg. When he died, Merry was laid to rest beside the King Elessar himself. No, he didn't receive any honor at all.

Quote:
So in keeping with the way an actual reality TV show would go we must get rid of her.
Morm, I think we can accuse you of conforming.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:48 PM   #1029
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefoot
Eomer declares he has no gift worthy enough for Merry's deeds upon the Mundburg. When he died, Merry was laid to rest beside the King Elessar himself. No, he didn't receive any honor at all.
What Eomer is basically saying is that he's too greedy to give anything decent away. So yes he doesn't get credit. And being laid next to some dead king! That's an honor? What about living honor.

Not conforming just being difficult.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:44 PM   #1030
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

White Tree

After a tribal dispute between the elves and dwarves, Glorfindel and Galadriel took great joy in seeing Gloin go. Gimli was too busy trying to get closer to Galadriel, with Celeborn gone, to really care that his dad was the next to leave.

Elves/Dwarves
Galadriel
Glorfindel
Gimli

Hobbits
Merry
Pippin

Men/Rohan Lady
Eowyn
Hama

Oh my! 7 people remaining! We're getting to crunch time.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:48 PM   #1031
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
And still there is one too many in the Elf/Dwarf camp. Now looking at the people we have there is one Man and one Woman, Merry and Pippin who I think we can count as being practically a married couple so there again one man, one woman. Then we have Galadriel, Glorfindel and Gimli. One male too many. And since there is only one Dwarf left, by that reasoning

++GLORFINDEL

must go.
Old 10-08-2005, 03:54 PM   #1032
mormegil
Maundering Mage

White Tree

Kath I see your agenda, all men must go. Well there are only 5 left so men it's time to stop women from taking over I say we go after Eowyn. I mean really who uses that odd combination of letters to spell your name. It's frightfully awkward to spell.

++EOWYN

Last edited by mormegil; 10-08-2005 at 03:58 PM.
mormegil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:57 PM   #1033
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Shield I salute you Mormegil

++Eowyn

I have nothing new to say !

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #1034
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

++Eowyn, for her many lies.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:01 PM   #1035
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
++Eowyn
Old 10-08-2005, 04:02 PM   #1036
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Now morm that is not my agenda at all. I simply want a list where it's half and half. It's probably due to some weird obsessive compulsive thing, apparently that's why I like everything to be symmetrical

But anyway, in retaliation - you obviously just want all the men left on the island! Any self-respecting female must immediately vote against morm!
Old 10-08-2005, 04:07 PM   #1037
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

In order to thin out the elf/dwarf tribe I will gladly changve my vote to Galadirel, but do not try to kick Glorfindel off the Island, he is probably the strongest person we have left here. I have never seen anyone else who is left destroy a balrog, and that is much harder to kill than the witch king.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:15 PM   #1038
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Eowyn must stay!!!

++Glorfindel

Come on girls!
Old 10-08-2005, 04:18 PM   #1039
mormegil
Maundering Mage

If Glorfindel goes my wrath will be unleashed upon both Eowyn and Galadriel. Currently I am holding back on Galadriel and will help to get her into the finals.
Old 10-08-2005, 04:20 PM   #1040
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Silmaril Stop

No.

Glorfindel stays ! ! !

If you try to vote him of this island i shall destroy you all!
(or at least try in my own pathetic way)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote