The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #1001
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

Votes are:
Greenie -> Lari
Menel
-> Stick
Rune
-> Greenie
Legate
-> Lari
Nerwen
-> Greenie
Menel
-- Stick -> Greenie
Agan
-> Greenie
Mac
-> Lari
Lari -> Greenie

Greenie
5, Lari 3

Left to vote:
Stick
Beregond
Old 02-01-2009, 11:42 PM   #1002
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All right Lari, enough with the Stick thing. I know you love it but it's just not gonna work outside of the library.

I'm tired and still have a bunch of work do to before we close in 18 minutes, and don't really have time to justify my vote well, but here it is anyway.

++Lari

Of all the people left, she seems the most suspicious and wraith-like.

Epic fail on my part, I know.
Old 02-01-2009, 11:51 PM   #1003
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Well, I'm going to go against my initial instinct on this one and vote

++Greenie

My instincts have been been wrong so far, so I'm making a rash decision instead. But not random. The arguments for Greenie being Frodo hold weight, and Lari's been less suspicious the last day. I hope my choice tonight is correct for once.

Last edited by Beregond; 02-01-2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: xed with Lari and Mira
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:00 AM   #1004
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Time. Greenie's death to follow in moments.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:02 AM   #1005
Kitanna
Child of the West

Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kitanna is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Outside the rains came pouring down on Bree. The villagers decided to hold their meeting indoors. After previous day's shouting the village seemed rather quiet. But in spite of the silence a consensus was reached. Greenie would have to go. Lari was a close second, but by day's end the ex-bear tamer was to be the one to go.

Afraid of death, especially at the hands of this village Greenie decided to make a run for it. She broke free from the crowd and ran for the inn's door. What a shame for Greenie someone had carelessly discarded their banana peel after lunch.

She tripped and slide. Desperately Greenie tried to catch her balance, but she was unable. Greenie slipped and fell, hitting her head on the bar as she went down. Her skull cracked and blood seeped onto the floor. Someone might have been able to save her, but since it was commonly believed she was a wraith no one bothered.

That was too bad. Greenie was as innocent as they come. Her death was in vain. For playing a part in an innocent's death the banana peel was tried and sentenced to death by being put on the rack.

Living
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Legate of Amon Lanc
Aganzir
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)
Durelin – Hanged on Day 2 (innocent)
Nogrod – Disemboweled and hanged by own intestines Night 3 (innocent)
Feanor of the Peredhil – Hoed to death Day 3 (innocent)
Brinniel – Set on fire and turned into Mrs. Lovett Day 4 (wraith)
Thinlómien – Brain forcibly removed and made into a treat Night 5 (Butterbur)
satansaloser2005 – Brained by Rune Day 5 (wraith)
Rikae – Skinned alive Night 6 (innocent)
A Little Green – Slipped on a banana peel Day 6 (innocent)
Old 02-03-2009, 12:02 AM   #1006
Kitanna
Child of the West

The village was one less the next morning. Legate, the friendly town herring dealer was missing. Hoping that maybe he had overslept the village went to investigate.

Legate's home was a mess. Something large and hairy had been let in. Much to the horror of the village they found Greenie's bear, from her former bear taming career leashed in Legate's living room.

At one point in time Greenie and her bear, Fernado, had traveled across Middle-Earth, delighting spectators and performing daring acts. Now Fernado had Greenie's bloody shirt and a banana peel tied around his neck along with the leash. It seemed the wraiths had played on the bear's loyalty to Greenie and sent it after Legate to do their dirty work.

Fernado sat on the floor, picking at what was left of Legate. The wraiths had claimed another innocent villager.

Living
Lariren Shadow
Mirandir
Aganzir
Beregond
Nerwen
Rune Son of Bjarne
Macalaure
Meneltarmacil

Dead
Kitanna – Made an example of Night 1 (moddess)
Gollum the Great – Eaten by hogs Day 1 (innocent)
Shastanis Althreduin – Forced to swallow a sword Night 2 (innocent)
Durelin – Hanged on Day 2 (innocent)
Nogrod – Disemboweled and hanged by own intestines Night 3 (innocent)
Feanor of the Peredhil – Hoed to death Day 3 (innocent)
Brinniel – Set on fire and turned into Mrs. Lovett Day 4 (wraith)
Thinlómien – Brain forcibly removed and made into a treat Night 5 (Butterbur)
satansaloser2005 – Brained by Rune Day 5 (wraith)
Rikae – Skinned alive Night 6 (innocent)
A Little Green – Slipped on a banana peel Day 6 (innocent)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Eaten by a bear Night 7 (innocent)
Old 02-03-2009, 04:16 AM   #1007
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Hey, where is everyone?
Old 02-03-2009, 05:34 AM   #1008
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
All Western or Central North Americans are dead, and all other godfearing people sleep after the deadline. Where are the Europeans by now, though? Who told them that school/work was more important than WW? Tsk...

Alright now... why am I still alive? I expected to either see myself dead toDay or maybe saved by the ranger. This is either a setup to have the village waste a lynch on me, or the wraiths really, really thought Legate was the ranger. Or Legate was really, really dangerous to them and his death was worth to keep a quasi-known innocent alive for some more.

Can't go any deeper now, but I'll be around later.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 AM   #1009
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Firstly, let me again apologise for not being around much last two days; we had lots of fires and blackouts and stuff around here and I couldn't get online much at all. I will try to make up for it toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Alright now... why am I still alive? I expected to either see myself dead toDay or maybe saved by the ranger. This is either a setup to have the village waste a lynch on me, or the wraiths really, really thought Legate was the ranger. Or Legate was really, really dangerous to them and his death was worth to keep a quasi-known innocent alive for some more.
*cough* Or the wraiths think you're the cobbler *cough*

But still, why Legate? After yesterDay I'd have thought they'd leave him alive and try to frame him.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:30 AM   #1010
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Is it possible that Mac really could be the cobbler? I recall him making a statement on Day 1 about how bold someone would have to be to put xyr own name forward as the cobbler, so maybe...
Old 02-03-2009, 07:31 AM   #1011
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420!

...though, at the same time, I wouldn't vote for Mac today even if he were the cobbler, as we've got bigger problems to take care of.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #1012
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This European was first sitting in a math exam, then she had to see a friend to try on the uniform she's making for her. But now she's here, and absolutely baffled.

I have lost both my main suspects within a day and both turned out to be innocent. However I'm actually relieved that they are gone now in the sense that I can concentrate on other people and stop obsessing about them.

Why on earth did Legate die? It's true some people considered him innocent but I would have expected them to leave him alive as at least I would have tried hard to get him lynched anyway, and I wasn't even the only one who suspected him. It just doesn't make sense. He believed either Mira or Lari was a wolf but many others suspected them as well. Unless they both are wolves, in which case Legate's death would be understandable...

If Mac is the cobbler, why did the wolves kill Legate? He was not overtly worried about him and preferred concentrating on wolves. Were they so afraid of him?

Also, after Brinn and sally's death, the wolves have killed Rikae and Legate. I wonder if this could point at inexperienced wolves... Although I'm still not sure how likely it is that one wolf & Frodo were newbies.

And as for Mira & Lari, Mira voted for her yesterday. It didn't matter, though, as Green would have died anyway unless someone had retracted, which was unlikely. Gah I'm done with analysing people based on a presumed connection, the Legate/Greenie thing was such a major fail. I won't start it again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Frodo might want to be turned, which of course could be interpreted as a suggestion.
Yes. Or an innocent's attempt to make the wolves believe it was a suggestion so Frodo would get one night more on the village's side. Or an opinion on what I thought the role to be like & assumed Frodo would want to do. Or whatever. You seem to be just trying to make it sound bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
how one can be so tired to not remember who one found suspicious before and who not.
I know I've explained this before. You were my only suspect I could have considered voting for and the only reason I didn't do it was that I thought it would have been unfair. I simply had no other suspects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
This comment is not only self-contradicting (I don't know why she bothers me - her vote is suspicious), but also very, very fishy.
Nope it isn't. I was going through the posts and noting down things in the order I read them. My Mira suspicions originated already before I saw her vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
She later decides to defend Rune (she will keep on finding Rune innocent).
By saying he might have wanted to save Fea because he enjoys playing with her? If Fea had been a baddie, my attitude towards him would probably have been completely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
the next day she'll re-analyse and change her mind
I made my original analysis based on the thought of Fea being a baddie, and had that been the case, Mira's defending attempts wouldn't have looked very good. I think I'll have to reevaluate her once again now, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
It's not that she wonders who of the two lies, it's again the carefulness behind it that makes me suspicious. Later, however, she supports Lommy.
And earlier. You notice that was not my first comment regarding the seer. And I was not careful, I was amused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
I don't know how Aganzir ended up with Frodo here.
Because I found her suspicious but less so on the earlier days. Mostly because of the questions about the roles, though, which could also be an attempt to play the newbie card again... It makes more sense once the known wolves' opinions are included, but it is a thing to consider even without them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
her behaviour towards Rune and Lari especially is very careful (she reached different conclusions for the two later and also keeps changing her mind / forgetting about Miri
What's wrong with being indecisive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Unfortunately, that's all.
Aww poor you. Just face it: you're not going to get me killed.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #1013
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Eye

I honestly have no idea what to think of Legate's death.

And the wolves, I don't think, would have wanted him dead if he suspected them. It would be too easy to trace to them. I think I may look as to who he thought, buy the end of the day, were more innocent than not.

Of course this will be after all my classes today and writing an article about my friend's upcoming concert.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #1014
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I seem to have really messed things up, I got over eager yesterday and now I am really paying for it.

Originally I thought Green and Legate to be innocent along with Aganzir, all of them seemed to speak sense. In the end I started developing theories about them being wraiths. . . mainly that Green and Legate was working together, but I needed to see another kill and their reactions before I was to make up my mind. I got over eager and voted for Green instead of waiting as I first had wanted to. I guess it was a more exiting target than Menel, too often have I been part of lynching players like Menel and only very few times have they been anything else than ordos.

Now both Green and Legate are gone, I hope some people are ready to step up and take their places as vokal players.

I will go back and look at the votes of last night, maybe I will find something.
It is quite interesting that we seem to focus on a few lynch candidates every night, maybe we need to broaden our search.

If I cross post with a lot of people it is because I have been doing some cooking while writting.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 12:55 PM   #1015
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Agan, relax! I concluded my short analysis with you being likely innocent. No need to tear apart every little argument against you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
And the wolves, I don't think, would have wanted him dead if he suspected them.
Too convenient that you are one of those he did suspect.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #1016
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Agan, relax! I concluded my short analysis with you being likely innocent. No need to tear apart every little argument against you!
I know! Halfway through I stopped and thought, Why am I doing this? I could be hunting for the wolves and I'm just replying to some petty comments instead!

I figured that was because I found your points bad, although the conclusion you reached was correct.
And okay it's also fun, although I suppose I'll get tired of arguing with you some day. I was especially amused by the "Unfortunately, that's all" comment.

I'm trying to go through everyone's (or at least those I suspect) posts and make a short summary but it's boring.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:54 PM   #1017
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
I was especially amused by the "Unfortunately, that's all" comment.
I really did want you to be evil and was kind of disappointed by my meager findings. I still hope I'm wrong.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:05 PM   #1018
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Thumbs up Aganzir's short summary about people

Guilty

Lari
Menel, what do you mean when you say you understand Lari's Sagittarius comment? Lari suggested lynching Frodo if xe revealed. Wolfish idea. Thought Ferny is not a threat. Some odd questions about the roles, they make her seem more innocent. Of course it's possible she's playing the newbie card again, though, which she did succesfully in last game. Voted Lommy on day 1 echoing others' reasons without even mentioning them in her post, didn't elaborate much. Kept going after Dury for meta-reasons. Could have helped prevent the possible lynching of Mac or Brinn on day 1, but introduced a new candidate. What was suspicious about Nerwen's vote on day 1?
Reasons to vote Dury on day 2 bad. Jumpy about being suspected.
When Lommy & Brinn came out as seers, she said they both have a known dead innocent on their lists (Lommy had Mac, Brinn Rune). How could she know if they are innocent or not? Looks like a possible wolf slip. Later she said she knows Rune is not dead & it was not a slip. But back then she didn't know which seer to believe.
Brinn had both Lari and sally listed as guilty at some point, before Frodo was turned. Lari has come across more suspicious after the incident. Her response to my analysis was somewhat elusive - half-joking retaliatory accusations.
She brings up points against the wraiths being inexperienced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari on Menel
I don't really know what that means, maybe that he's more innocent than not because he thinks that Brinn is on "our side".
Huh? In a way I understand what Lari means, but this comment looks darn fishy. It reminds me of the way Lariwolf tried to contact Borocobbler in last game. Later she says Menel seems the most innocent to her. After some flip-flopping on Mac she says he's a known innocent and she doesn't vote for him.
Suggests there are high chances that the wolves were considered more innocent than not on Rikae's chart. She was in the second-most innocent category hereself. Her going on about Rune & what Rikae's death might mean for him is weird. Reasons for suspecting him are eg. his fight with Brinn, sally making a song about him... Today she suggests Legate didn't suspect the wolves as they wouldn't have wanted to kill him otherwise. Hardly surprising, given that she was one of his main suspects.
Currently Lari looks the most suspicious to me.

Mira
When responding to other things I brought up in my analysis, you forgot this. I ask again because I'm curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira on Mac
Or he could have made that "slip" unintentionally and is trying to lure you off the pace of the real wraiths. Just an idea.
Sorry I'm slow but what did you mean with this?
Reacts newbie-wolfishly to accusations at times. Voted for Lommy, who she hasn't mentioned earlier, for flip-flopping on day 1. If she had voted for Mac (who had more votes), she would have helped prevent Brinn's possible lynching. Found Dury suspicious all of a sudden on day 2 after other people had started suspecting her.
I still don't understand how Mac can see her "Nope " comment as a slip.
Rikae had her listed as red, saying there isn't much against her being a wraith, and she died the following night. I'm not sure a wolf would want to bring attention upon herself like that, but then again she hasn't received very much suspicion afterwards.
Yesterday she voted for Lari. I thought about them being possible fellows after Legate's death, but in the end I don't think there would be two new wolves, or that they'd kill people who lead so clearly back to them.
There are some suspicious things, but on the other hand I really doubt she would have voted Lommy on day 1 if her fellow was in danger of lynching. Except I think Mac mentioned something about her defending him after his cobbler slip... So I suppose it's possible she's a wolf and didn't want to vote for her presumed cobbler, either.
Gah I have no idea what to think. She isn't my primary concern, but I'm also afraid of letting her go by unnoticed and win like Lari did in last game.

Menel
Flip-flops on Mac. He seemed to trust Brinn pretty much, and in the battle of the seers he was first on Brinn's side. I doubt a wolf would do that so openly - it'd be a pretty bold move. "On our side" phrasing bothers me. In his next post he considered it certainly possible that she was a wraith, after all. What happened in the meanwhile?
Yesterday he voted Mira because he trusted Legate who had narrowed the field down to her, me, and Menel himself (which Menel didn't mention, though). He defends Lari, saying she doesn't look suspicious at all, and even though there are these minor things, she probably had reasons for them, and she's still rather new and such. Those twain's interaction looks somewhat fishy. If one is a baddie, I wouldn't be surprised if the other was as well.
However, Menel's thoughts on Greenie look honest to me. But I suspected her myself as well so I don't think I can be perfectly objective about it. He retracted and voted Greenie.
Today he suggested Mac could be the cobbler. He voted for Mac consistently for I don't remember how long and was clearly suspicious of him, so it comes as a bit of a surprise if he hasn't thought about it earlier. He adds, though, that he wouldn't vote for him today even if he is the cobbler, as "we've got bigger problems to take care of." Well, if we don't lynch either a wolf or the cobbler today, chances are fair tomorrow is our last day... Rikae had him listed as Yellow along with Rune, saying Mac's guilt would look good on him. Not sure if that applies to him anymore, though.
Actually Menel strikes me as a bit cobblerish, too. I have hard time trying to imagine a wolf defending a fellow-pretending-to-be-the-seer so straightforward. I find him less wolfish than Lari but more than Mira.

Mac
I still think he's the cobbler and if we can't come up with anyone else, he should be lynched.

Innocent

Nerwen. Interaction with Brinn & sally doesn't look wolfish. She was among the first to point out suspicious behaviour in them. Also, the nightly kills don't look like she could be behind them. I think she'd be too bold a wolf to kill off the loudest & dangerous players when there are plenty of quieter & more inexperienced around.

Rune. His fight with Brinn & interaction with sally make him look good. The biggest contributor, though, is his overall behaviour, which isn't very wolfish. Especially his last post had a pretty innocent air. It just doesn't look like something a wolf would think.

Berry. The one I'm the least certain about (good job - finding only two innocents in a village of eight ). He has been looking quite innocent, but he's also been flying under my radar. It's late and I have an exam tomorrow so I'm not going to go through his posts properly now. I could do it toMorrow if I'm still alive though.

Reading through the thread made me miss sally. Be Prepared still cracked me up. And Rikae is making me laugh, too. Such a pity she died.

I also miss the Saucepan Man, although this is completely irrelevant to the game.

I'm going to vote soon and go to sleep. However, since I need to be at school shortly after deadline, anyway, I could wake up a bit earlier and sacrifice some time for werewolfing in the morning.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #1019
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I really did want you to be evil and was kind of disappointed by my meager findings. I still hope I'm wrong.
Aww and I hope you're evil too. Otherwise I'm making a total fool of myself yet again.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #1020
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The more I think about it, the more I get convinced that Legate was killed because he was a considered dangourus. He might have spottet a pattern in the behaviour of a wraith, I don't know if he reached the right conclusion though.

The fact that Mac is left alive makes me think that the Wraiths like to confuse the village, if they do not have a certain pattern of voting, it will make them more difficult to find. Legate does not seem like a kill designed to confuse, rather it seems like it is designed to criple us or to remove a threat.

I am mostly thinking about the likes of Lari and Mira, but this is just hunches. . . .

Old 02-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #1021
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Rikae had her listed as red, saying there isn't much against her being a wraith, and she died the following night. I'm not sure a wolf would want to bring attention upon herself like that, but then again she hasn't received very much suspicion afterwards.
Excactly!

It could be that the solution to the latest kills is a very simple one, fear. I know that normally wraiths shy away from killing the people that are openly hostile towards them, but we must be carefull that we do not take these things for granted. It could be that a wraith chose to play in this very direct manner and hoped that the villagers of Bree would think that they had been the victims of a setup.

Anyways Mira figures on both Rikae and Legate's lists of suspects.

Would the other wraith accept this direct aproach. . .it is difficult to answer.

Old 02-03-2009, 04:47 PM   #1022
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Well I wanted to save this...

My comment about Sagittarius is this: the characteristics(when Shasta was still doing them):
* Freedom loving / free-spirited
* Idealistic / believing
* Moral, often having a religious streak. Righteous.
* Intelligent / intellectual
* Positive / optimistic
* Confident and Impulsive
* Energetic / active
* Adventurous / risk-taking
* Independent / unfettered
* Impatient / restless
* Love of travel

And the symbol is the archer. I'm the Ranger. For truth not lie, I'm the Ranger.

Night protections:
1: Brinn(way to go on my part)
2: Mac
3: No one, I messed up and had a busy day and thought I protected Lommy, but apparently it never actually got done.
4: Mac
5: Agan

I also spelled out Strider in one of my posts explaining my Durelin vote. Also when I was talking about newbies on the first Day I distinctly used the word "protection".

And Agan, I didn't vote Lommy the first day, I voted Durelin.

Off to Bio now.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:54 PM   #1023
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

No explanation to why you tell us this now?

Just to give us another "known" innocent?

Old 02-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #1024
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Lari's the Ranger?!

How annoying– I was just in the middle of making a lovely case on why she's a wraith.

Why did you reveal now, Lari?

EDIT: X'd with Rune.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #1025
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

On second thoughts–

Of course, anyone can leave coded messages, and if Lari's a wraith she's had at least two old hands to give her tips.

Ummm... what do we do?

EDIT: spelling.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-03-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #1026
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ouch sorry Lari. I was just about to vote for you & go to bed, and now I'm blaming myself for having the ranger reveal. Way to go me, too, randomly voting for you on day 1.

And sorry I confused your Lommy suspicion with your vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
The fact that Mac is left alive makes me think that the Wraiths like to confuse the village, if they do not have a certain pattern of voting, it will make them more difficult to find. Legate does not seem like a kill designed to confuse, rather it seems like it is designed to criple us or to remove a threat.
It certainly seems so. I think Mac is the cobbler but it's anyway confusing... Something should be done about him before it's too late.
What do you mean with a certain pattern of voting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
Would the other wraith accept this direct aproach. . .it is difficult to answer.
If it makes one look good after the other is lynched, then probably yes.

I wouldn't be too worried, Nerwen. If she's not the ranger, the real ranger should have no reason to stay hidden this late in the game.

Anyway I don't think I can vote yet... I simply need to gather my thoughts again. I'll be back before the deadline, now I need some sleep.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:18 PM   #1027
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lynching a wraith-to-be if xe were revealed is a bad idea, Agan? It may be a bit harsh, but that would at least keep the number of wraiths from increasing.

And now for a short analysis:

Aganzir: Nothing particularly bad here, voted for Lari, Mac, Fea, Brinn, and A Little Green. Though I do find it suspicious that she never seems to let Lari off the hook and the strange need to refute everything Mac says seems unusual as well.

Beregond: Has slipped under my radar for a while. Voted for Mac a lot, and contributed to Brinn's lynching. Also voted Greenie and Fea, both of whom would seem logical choices at the time. Doesn't appear to be particularly evil at this point.

Rune: Votes for a lot of known innocents, and voted Durelin on Day 1 when she wasn't a popular choice. Possible wraith.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:24 PM   #1028
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I imagine Lari foresaw her lynching tonight, having come a close second last night, and having been Legate's vote last night as well. Lari was definitely my number one suspect for today, following yesterday's terrible choice. Whether or not she is the ranger in truth, this may have been her only way out. But if she were a villager would it be good for the team to reveal at this point?

If she's not who she claims, and we let her live, she will last the night for sure.

If we let her live, and she IS the ranger, the wraiths will either find her in the night, or leave her be and hope we waste a lynch tomorrow. But if they leave her be they risk wasting a kill (the list of innocents is getting smaller).

Leaving a trail early on is good, but it's not proof. However, I think it might have bought Lari another day, or at least a night. It would be very ingenious if this were designed, but I don't think I can vote for her now.

Last edited by Beregond; 02-03-2009 at 05:25 PM. Reason: xed with everyone since Lari's revelation
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #1029
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye Notice how I used this icon after Agan asked for my reasoning?

Ah, I see that Lari has confirmed what I suspected about her from yesterDay.

I noticed the Saggitarius ==> Archer ==> Rangers are known for their skill with bows thing when I was analyzing her posts, and as I read more, I found that she constantly suspected Durelin for reasons relating to her Rangerish role. I take it, of course, that these suspicions were actually because you thought she was posing as the Ranger to avoid a lynch, Lari?

Anyhow, the reason I didn't outright state what the Saggitarius reference meant was due to the need to protect a Gifted from wraith-killings.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:27 PM   #1030
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

1420! *glug glug glug*

Oh, to clarify the thing about Rune, he's used the "split the vote but make the choice appear legit" tactic as a baddie before.

++Rune Son of Bjarne
Old 02-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #1031
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
Rune: Votes for a lot of known innocents, and voted Durelin on Day 1 when she wasn't a popular choice. Possible wraith.
You got me there Menel! I thought I could fool you, but you found me out. . . I made you think that I only voted for Wraiths, but infact I have tricked you all and in secret voted for innocents.

Anyways, I guess Beregond is right in his guesses about Lari's relevation.

Answer to Aganzir: I just ment it is easier when you can find a pattern in the voting. . .if it appears random you can use it to very little.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #1032
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

++Mirandir

I probably won't be back before deadline, so I will do like Salvador Allende. . . say "¡Viva Chile! ¡Viva el pueblo! ¡Vivan los trabajadores!" and take my leave.

Old 02-03-2009, 06:39 PM   #1033
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
If she's not the ranger, the real ranger should have no reason to stay hidden this late in the game.
What? If she's not the real ranger and the real ranger reveals himself, he'll be dead. If he stays hidden he can still make a save and buy us an additional Day! Then we would lynch Lari and probably find her to be the cobbler and nothing is won.

Having said that, I don't see any reason why Lari should reveal her role at this point. No vote was cast and her death far from certain. Now she will be killed at night. Then again, it does look honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
If we let her live, and she IS the ranger, the wraiths will either find her in the night, or leave her be and hope we waste a lynch tomorrow.
Unlikely. Leaving a known innocent alive is not that much of a risk, but if the ranger is left alive and happens to successfully protect somebody, that's a really bad thing for the wraiths. Lari is dead, unless the wraiths have some reason to believe she's lying (i.e., she's the cobbler).
Old 02-03-2009, 06:40 PM   #1034
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Just a reminder: no random voting toDay, please. We really need to get either a wraith or Ferny this time, or we are in major trouble toMorrow.

EDIT: X'd with Mac.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:02 PM   #1035
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
What? If she's not the real ranger and the real ranger reveals himself, he'll be dead. If he stays hidden he can still make a save and buy us an additional Day! Then we would lynch Lari and probably find her to be the cobbler and nothing is won.
Indeed. If she's not the Ranger, the real Ranger needs to keep quiet at this point.

It will be a problem if there's two claimants toMorrow though... Can we safely assume that, after toNight, a living Lari is a guilty Lari?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 PM   #1036
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

I'm the real Ranger. I even stupidly left out a night. Before protecting Mac for the first time I protected Fea. Hence why I asked if the wolves/wraiths could get another kill if the one that they wanted to kill was protected. I assumed they would go after Fea after the Durelin lynch and then try to frame Nog. Well they sort of did...if you switch Fea and Nog.

I revealed now because it seemed like the last option, and, well, I'm apparently horrible at the whole who to protect thing.

Menel
: Not really, but that one does work too. I thought of the archery later. It was more the whole "love of traveling, outdoors, justice" and such that I was like "well, that gives away my role like it's its job".
Old 02-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #1037
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
will be a problem if there's two claimants toMorrow though... Can we safely assume that, after toNight, a living Lari is a guilty Lari?
No you can't. I can protect myself.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #1038
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Legate's death. The trouble, as usual, is finding out whether somebody was killed because he was dangerous or because he left no trails. Legate's is pretty clear about who he suspects. Rune and Brego are innocent, and Nerwen and Aganzir likely so. He initially was tempted to believe Lari innocent, but then changed his mind. He refrains from going after Menel and is deeply unsure of Miri. You can't tell me that Legate was killed because he was dangerous to anybody. Apart from Lari, nobody really had to fear him. This looks good for her (and Miri, too. Menel less so, because he could not have been sure of what Legate was going to do about him toDay.)

Quote:
I revealed now because it seemed like the last option, and, well, I'm apparently horrible at the whole who to protect thing.
Rangering has a lot to do with luck. Unless an innocent's role is revealed, the chances of successfully protecting somebody are pretty slim. A ranger is a nice thing to have, but she's rarely decisive. Missing the protection of Lommy is some darn bad luck...

Quote:
Ah, that's neat.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 PM   #1039
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Well, that could make for an interesting Day toMorrow.

Where does it say that, though?

EDIT: X'd with Mac.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:17 PM   #1040
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I think I will vote for one of the people Legate thought was innocent toDay. Rune, Brego, Nerwen, or Aganzir. But which one?