Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Roleplaying > Elvenhome
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #961
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Just in case you haven't noticed I filled up my save while at university today.

It's not a great post but it's there to keep the story moving...
Old 05-24-2006, 01:47 AM   #962
Arry
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Arry has just left Hobbiton.
I can move my post #398 forward as needed - just let me know.

It is very early morning, just first light, in it. Vaenosa is dead and Brand is heading that way . . .
Old 05-24-2006, 03:49 AM   #963
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Undómë has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Meghan will try to keep Brand in the circles of this world - she'll call for Leod to help her, but of course he won't answer

Perhaps a couple of the other able-bodied characters could:

check on Sythric

find Vaenosa dead

notice that Leod has gone missing and try to find him . . .
Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 05-24-2006, 07:55 AM   #964
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I'll check on Vaenosa.

Arry, please don't kill Brand!

-- Folwren
Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 AM   #965
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
My save is filled.

I'll put in a second on that. Let poor Brand live.

Well, Leod's life has been spared. Now it's up to him......
Old 05-24-2006, 11:56 AM   #966
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

SAVE filled . . .Leod has been called for . . .

Young she was and yet not so. The braids of her dark hair were touched by no frost, her white arms and clear face were flawless and smooth, and the light of stars was in her bright eyes, grey as a cloudless night . . .
Old 05-24-2006, 02:18 PM   #967
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undómë
SAVE filled . . .Leod has been called for . . .

Auch! Been called for for some couple of miles away, being caught... indeed!

I hope you others with some strength enough left will take on this, as Sythric probaly can only dream of his past or something. I'll be posting tomorrow or the day after it, and then, depending on the circumstances, it will either be his solitary remembrances or his action to the present.
Old 05-24-2006, 02:50 PM   #968
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
If anyone has enough strength to go out searching for Leod, you may run into him, since he is riding behind one of the Elves.....

They are all headed straight for camp and you may encounter them on the path.

If someone wants to use Dorran for this purpose in a post, I don't mind if you do that. Right now my own hands are full.....

OK, Child, if you want to change anything, just tell me. The Elves are all yours again.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #969
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

Meghan will want to stay with Brand and keep an eye if she can spare it on Sythric.

So -- does someone want to say take Dorran and go find Leod or stumble across him. You can have Dorran say he thought the old fellow thought of going up the path toward the stream . . .

You could do the old hide in the rocks and bushes along the path as soon as you see the Elves and then stand up and yell for Leod as you see him ride by behind one of the Elves . . .

Just a suggestion . . .

~ U
Old 05-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #970
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
... and I guess we have some NPC's to be used as well...
Old 05-25-2006, 07:51 AM   #971
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Athwen saw him leave in the night and took note of which direction he went. Also, she's known him since forever, so she might have a chance of predicting why he went and what he was after. With that information, they may be able to narrow down the possibilities of where he's gone.

Tevildo: Would it be alright, therefore, if Dorran took Athwen with him to look for Leod?

-- Folwren
Old 05-25-2006, 09:47 AM   #972
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Folwren

per Tevildo's previous post to this thread:

Quote:
If someone wants to use Dorran for this purpose in a post, I don't mind if you do that. Right now my own hands are full.....
Please do go ahead and take Dorran with you.
Old 05-25-2006, 10:29 AM   #973
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Alrighty. I figured that was fine. I'll try very hard to get a post up today. I've been working all morning on school, but maybe I'll be able to write this afternoon.

-- Folwren
Old 05-25-2006, 11:22 AM   #974
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwren,

Yes, yes. Please take Dorran. He will be concerned about Leod.
Now Tevildo was a mighty cat--the mightiest of all--and possessed of an evil spirit,...and he was in Melko's constant following; and that cat had all cats subject to him, and he and his subjects were the chasers and getters of meat for Melko's table.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:40 PM   #975
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Tevildo: I've posted and I did a lot of talking and action for Dorran, I'm afraid. Please let me know if you want me to change anything at all. Now Child or you can post.

-- Folwren
Old 05-26-2006, 02:25 AM   #976
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Folwren,

It looks just fine! Many thanks.
Old 05-26-2006, 02:36 AM   #977
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

OK, then . . . ready for the Elves . . . best they get to camp before poor Meghan keels over from exhaustion and the anticipation of fatal outcome . . .

~ U
Old 05-26-2006, 11:15 AM   #978
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Pio

I wrote a post but it should be before the elves get to the camp... could you put this on Nogrod's save? Or Nogrod, you could do it yourself I believe.

Undome Osmod talked to Meghan so I had to write a bit of her reactions... I hope that I was vague enough.

Osmod asked Fion to get some water boiling and then run to the river to refill the water-skins. The young lad asked Incana for help and the two hurried off, knowing that Leod would need water to clean the wounds and to prepare his potions. Walking then to Meghan, Osmod kneeled by her side and waited patiently as she spoke softly to Brand’s ear. Her words he could not tell, but the meaning was clear. When she finally seemed to have stopped talking, Osmod gently took Meghan’s hand in his, hoping to comfort her slightly. She turned around, looking upset –or was it his imagination? - Yet even if she was, she had recently lost a life-long friend and now Brand seemed to be loosing his fight as well. She had her reasons. Osmod felt guilty for interrupting yet he knew that if Leod was to come back and save Brand and Sythric, he’d need to have everything ready. Perhaps it would even be good for Meghan to be a busy as well.

“I am sorry Meghan that I need to ask this of you right now, yet you are the one who knows best what our healer will need when he gets here. I have already sent Fion and Incana to bring us as much water as they can; now we only need to prepare Leod’s potions and unguents and pray he gets back here soon enough to use them. You know what he will need better than myself, I will stay here by Brand’s side and look over him if you wish.”

Trying his most reassuring smile, he placed his hand on Brand’s forehead to see if the man had a fever, which he clearly had. Then he busied himself on arranging the covers so that the man would not be cold. Osmod did not look up to see if Meghan was still by Brand’s side.
Old 05-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #979
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

I've filled my save and opened the last planned secret of Sythric's. Now you may either kill him or drag him with...

But seriously.

Tevildo & Child!

I have a nice idea. How about if Nevtaliel would like to "unstich" Sythric's wound and open it to see for any organ failures? That would be both painful and nasty! Then we could decide, whether Sythric could make it to Edoras or be left to the camp to wait for a possible transport (or to die in a day or two...).

All

I guess one option could be, that Leod (+ possibly someone else: Meghan, Athwen?) would stay at the camp we are now with Brand and Sythric, while others would try to make it to Edoras. THey could then send a cart to pick us (if we are alive...)

Or maybe the elven medicines and healercraft are so powerful as to make Brand and Sythric ready to ride to Edoras? I just think, that Arry and myself have written our characters to so bad a condition, that it would be a bit unbelievable if they would just mount their horses after an elven care and ride as nothing had happened...

What do you think?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #980
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Pio

I wrote a post but it should be before the elves get to the camp... could you put this on Nogrod's save? Or Nogrod, you could do it yourself I believe.
I can put it in there too, but I guess it should be placed before my post - as in the end on my post Sythric is already awake... (I can start my post with yours, of course)

If that is ok., I can put it there too. Or if Pio makes this, it could be in the tail of Undómë's post?

Is it allright that you tend to the horses as Sythric wakes up? If not, give me another idea...
Old 05-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #981
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Is it allright that you tend to the horses as Sythric wakes up? If not, give me another idea...
Sitting by the fire, looking grim?
Old 05-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #982
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Sitting by the fire, looking grim?
Will be done...

And I'll put yours before mine, into my post.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:13 PM   #983
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
Will be done...

And I'll put yours before mine, into my post.
Looks good... minor detail, his hand was already dressed, but he could be changing his bandages so it's alright, no need to change your post =)

Looking forward to hear from Child!!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:55 PM   #984
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Looks good... minor detail, his hand was already dressed, but he could be changing his bandages so it's alright, no need to change your post =)
Sorry - my broken English here. I tried to say that Sythric noted Osmod's hand being bandaged - not actually being dressed in action... I changed it. Hopefully it's better now.

And I agree with you: this is looking nice again. I'm just all ears for Child!
Old 05-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #985
Child of the 7th Age

My save is filled in and I have posed two questions. Anyone care to answer one or both?

If anyone wants to, you are welcome to take the three younger Elves, Lindir and his friends, and use them in your post to help build a cairn for Vaenosa who has passed on.

Someone else (or the same poster) should lead Nevtaliel and her husband to those who are injured.
Old 05-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #986
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Farael!

I guess you should delete your save and put your post after mine (the one that is now after your empty save)? It would seem more logical if my post would be straight after Child's.

I just thought to somehow pay heed to the fact, that our characters must have heard the elves coming before they saw them, and would surely have reacted to it somehow. They wouldn't probably be waiting calmly for occasional friends popping up for tea...
Old 05-28-2006, 07:54 PM   #987
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

An apology

Sorry guys, I'm afraid my save will take a bit longer to be completed. I'll delete it if I must but I thought Osmod as the only leader at the moment should at least welcome the elves.

Move on as you please (That's the point of a save) and assume that Osmod welcomed the elves, accepting that they are probably the only chance the wounded have to survive.

I have an exam on Tuesday, I thought I'd be writing up the post today but something else came up and I won't have writing time now until after the exam.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:19 PM   #988
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Child

Meghan has approached Nevtaliel and asked for help with Brand.

~ U
Old 05-29-2006, 01:25 AM   #989
Child of the 7th Age

Brand is patched up. I hope everyone likes "schmaltz"!

Sythric.....I hope to get to you tomorrow real time.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:08 PM   #990
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
Sythric.....I hope to get to you tomorrow real time.
Ok. I thought of trying to write a short post today before yours, but then realized, it would have needed active part from Leod too. I don't think it was so important as to delay this because of it for one more day.

But to help you out with it, after the last effort of making a fast (and crazy) defence...

Sythric is on his knees, leaning towards the stone (less than waist-high, about: one where you just could sit on), kind of embracing it with his hands (he tried to pull himself up before everything was cleared), his cheek against it. He's breathing heavily but slowly because of the effort but quite conscious. His wound is probably bleeding lightly again. (Leod surely has not been happy to find his patient on that position and making such an effort anyway... )

Do what you will with the Healer's analysis - especially if you have some pre-agreement or plan with Arry. I still like the idea of opening the stiches and checking the organs, but as you wish. I have no strong opinion about that.

Use Sythric as you see fit. I'll try to post something in reaction to your post then.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:52 PM   #991
Child of the 7th Age

No pre-agreement or plan with Arry. Just me winging it.

OK, how about if the Elvish healer opens up the stitches to check the wound and discovers a trace of poison that was left behind and a tiny sliver of the iron blade? I'll make sure the small piece is very well hidden so Leod doesn't come off as a "negligent healer".

When I do a post, I'll definitely use your description of Sythric from the discussion thread. Maybe Sythric's mind is beginning to blur a bit under the impact of the poison, and that's why he kind of blanks out for a little at the end, despite his valiant effort to rise and to secure his bow?

I'll go ahead with this later today unless I hear something different from you.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:10 PM   #992
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of the 7th Age
No pre-agreement or plan with Arry. Just me winging it.

OK, how about if the Elvish healer opens up the stitches to check the wound and discovers a trace of poison that was left behind and a tiny sliver of the iron blade? I'll make sure the small piece is very well hidden so Leod doesn't come off as a "negligent healer".

When I do a post, I'll definitely use your description of Sythric from the discussion thread. Maybe Sythric's mind is beginning to blur a bit under the impact of the poison, and that's why he kind of blanks out for a little at the end, despite his valiant effort to rise and to secure his bow?

I'll go ahead with this later today unless I hear something different from you.
Sounds good. And the poison idea - if it is put together with your idea of Sythric passing out - is just great because he has been doing that for the last day: passing out and then coming conscious again: on -off, in his dreams and memories, then in the present. The poison doing its work slowly and him fighting back every now and then.

But I don't think he will try anything with his bow anymore: he was afraid of an assault when he heard the elves' horses approaching and tried to make a stand (too great an effort, somewhat), but heard Dorran first and then realized the situation. So he'd be quite knowledgeable with the situation now... (Sorry if I misinterpreted your meaning and kind of said the obvious again)
Old 05-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #993
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

I've explained Sythric's symptoms to Nevtaliel and also used the description of Sythric that Nogrod gave us.

Child, Nogrod -- if you want anything different, let me know. Otherwise, Child, it's all yours now.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:27 PM   #994
Child of the 7th Age

Tevildo -

That was fine. Take a look at my own post and make sure I handled your character the way we discussed. If I need to change anything, let me know.

Nogrod -

The same for Sythric. If you want me to change anything, let me know.

Everyone --

Everyone's been doctored up. Now it's strictly up to Brand and Sythric as to how they pull out of this. (It seems as though Brand may already be reviving a bit!) I'll have the Elves depart in the morning once we know how both patients are.....

You guys have a great story going here!
Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 PM   #995
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Looks good to me. Thanks.
Old 05-30-2006, 12:57 PM   #996
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Tevildo & Child!

Nice writing! I'll just have to start to think about my nightmare-post then for the oncoming night when the poison does its worst!

But I guess we have about the whole day before the night, so you others should post for the day (as Brand and Sythric sleep over their wounds). Maybe we could have a little common discussion in the afternoon or early evening, if both Brand and Sythric would be somewhat awake at the same time?
Old 05-30-2006, 03:07 PM   #997
Undómë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Silmaril

I'll post us to evening if that's alright.

~ U
Old 05-30-2006, 03:10 PM   #998
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Work piling up....

Hey,
I'll try to have my save filled by tonight and I'd like to make a short post right after Child's. Undome, if you don't mind, I'll post it here and you can put it up? or Pio can do it... it won't be much, but it has to be after the healer has looked at the (serously) wounded.

Other than that, post away... and if I don't get that post in no big deal... it's just a bit (more) of sillyness
Old 05-30-2006, 07:53 PM   #999
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

I am so sorry I haven't posted.

Undómë, it's completely alright with me if you move us on to evening. I could think of nothing useful for Athwen to do all day, save haul water, and I didn't have time or interest to write a post like that. I think, come night again, I may be able to write something again. I'll go see what's been added to the game since I last checked. . .

-- Folwren
Old 05-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #1000
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Save's up.... the other post will have to wait, I'm not really inspired at the moment... hoping for a sudden bout of inspiration before I go to bed tonight but if not I'll try to write somethng soon... or I'll just won't do that post