The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 AM   #1
Airehiriel
Shade of Carn Dûm

Airehiriel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Make your own Crazy Scene with Pics

This is going to be kind of like crazy captions. I got the idea on that thread anyway. Instead of doing just a caption, on here, you will create your very own scene. Here's the catch: you can only use 8 pictures in your scene. That's the max amount of pics the BD will let you put in one post.

Here is the one that I made up on the Crazy Captions page:
It started with this picture:

To which I wrote: I can't believe I used Bilbo's Preparation H as toothpaste.

Then this idea quickly formed in my head!
Ha ha ha! I can't believe you brushed your teeth with Bilbo's Preparation H! What a dork!
Ewww, Mr. Frodo! That's just disgustin'! I'm not followin' you anymore!
Fool of a Baggins! How stupid are you?! I can't believe I left the ring with YOU!
Frodo, you should do what I do. I don't brush MY teeth, see? So even I wouldn't do something as dumb as that!
Well, if the ringbearer is that stupid, I may be able to get the ring after all.
Gross! And to think I kissed you on the head! What do you use for shampoo?!
Shut up you guys! It was a simple mistake! You might do the same thing.

Murmurs from everyone...
I don't think so.
Yeah, right.
I'm not THAT foolish.
What a dork!
The safety of the Middle Earth depends on him?
This could be easier than I thought!

You can use pics other people have used. Your scene can be about what ever you want, silly or serious. Just have fun! Oh yeah, heres how to put a picture on:

I am telling you how I do it on an IBM type computer. Don't know how it works for Macintosh. If you do, let me know and I shall include that here.

As far as I know the picture you want to put on has to be located online somewhere. It's got to have a web address. I don't know how to use a picture that is located on your own hard drive. Find the picture you want, right click on that picture, go to the bottom of the box where it says Properties. A properties box will pop up. In the middle of the box will be a part that says "Address:" with (URL) underneath. Highlight the address that is indicated, right click on that, choose copy. Then come here and click on Reply. Underneath the message box you will see "Instant UBB Code" The one on the bottom right should say IMAGE. Click on that. Another little box will pop up with a place for you to put the address. Click on the white space, than right click, hit paste and your address should be put in it. After that, add what every you are going to say, then hit Post! That should work, but if it doesn't you can PM me and I'll try to help.*

I got all my pictures from this webpage:
Ninecompanions.net