The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Quotable Quotes
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-05-2008, 10:46 AM   #9281
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Oh well. I's, then?

(Hee-hee, here I'm playing all by myself. What would possibly be a better way to avoid studying?)
Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 AM   #9282
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
IR

" -- / i- / --- / --r / ---- . / I / -i-- / -- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -- / ------ / -i-- / --- / ---- / -- ? / I / -i-- / ---- / ---- / -i-- / ---- ."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 11:12 AM   #9283
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Some T, please, but after that no more for me today.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM   #9284
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
TIR

" -- / i- / --t / --r / ---- . / I / -i-- / t- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -- / ------ / -i-- / --- / t--- / -- ? / I / -i-- / ---- / ---- / -it- / ---- ."
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-05-2008, 12:47 PM   #9285
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
U's?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:06 PM   #9286
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

UT IR

" -- / i- / --t / --r / ---- . / I / -i-- / t- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -- / ------ / -i-- / --u / t--- / -- ? / I / -i-- / ---- / ---- / -it- / ---- ."
Old 02-05-2008, 04:03 PM   #9287
Guinevere
Banshee of Camelot

Guinevere is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Mussst have some Ssss
Old 02-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #9288
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

ITURS

" -- / is / --t / --r / ---- . / I / -is- / t- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -- / --ss-s / -i-- / --u / t--- / -- ? / I / -i-- / ---- / ---- / -it- / ---- ."
Old 02-06-2008, 03:57 AM   #9289
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
E, please.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:57 AM   #9290
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

TIE RUS

" -e / is / --t / --r / ---- . / I / -is- / t- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -e / --sses / -i-- / --u / te-- / -e ? / I / -i-- / ---e / ---- / -it- / ---- ."
Old 02-06-2008, 07:41 AM   #9291
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

W's?
Old 02-06-2008, 08:06 AM   #9292
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

I.E. WURST

" -e / is / --t / --r / -w-- . / I / wis- / t- / -i-- / -i- . / I- / -e / --sses / wi-- / --u / te-- / -e ? / I / wi-- / ---e / ---- / wit- / ---- ."
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 AM   #9293
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
H?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #9294
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

THE WIRUS

" He / is / --t / --r / -w-- . / I / wish / t- / -i-- / hi- . / I- / he / --sses / wi-- / --u / te-- / -e ? / I / wi-- / ---e / ---- / with / ---- ."
Old 02-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #9295
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"He is not far away. I wish to find him. If he passes will you tell me? I will come back with gold."
-Nazgûl to Maggot
Old 02-07-2008, 07:23 AM   #9296
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Thumbs up

Correct!

You may continue with a new one.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:29 AM   #9297
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Damn! You just beat me to it, Aganzir!
Old 02-07-2008, 07:30 AM   #9298
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Sorry Nerwen.

"----- / --- / ------- / ---- / --- / ---- / --- / --- / -- / -------. / ---- / -----!"
Old 02-07-2008, 07:37 AM   #9299
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, how about some T, then?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 AM   #9300
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

T

"----- / --- / ------- / ---- / --- / ---- / t-- / --- / -- / -------. / ---- / ----t!"
Old 02-07-2008, 07:46 AM   #9301
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Could you give me an A, please?
Old 02-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #9302
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

TA

"-a--- / --- / ------- / ---- / -a- / a-a- / t-- / a-- / -- / -------. / ---- / ----t!"
Old 02-07-2008, 07:58 AM   #9303
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Let's try something untraditional. What about F?
Old 02-07-2008, 08:05 AM   #9304
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

FAT

"-a--- / --- / ------- / f--- / fa- / a-a- / t-- / a-- / -f / -------. / ---- / ----t!"
Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 AM   #9305
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

One more, please. R.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 AM   #9306
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

RAFT

"-a--- / --- / -----r- / fr-- / far / a-a- / t-- / a-r / -f / ------r. / ---- / ----t!"
Old 02-07-2008, 08:23 AM   #9307
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Palantir-Green

Oh, yeah. I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faramir
Maybe you discern from far away the air of Númenor. Good night!
Old 02-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #9308
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Thumbs up

Yes you do. Your turn.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #9309
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Ring

Here we go.

"----- / ---- / - / ---- / --- / ----- / - / ---- / ------------ / -- / --- / ----- ! / --- / ----- / -- / ----- / -- / --- / ---- / -- / ------- / -- / ------?"
Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 PM   #9310
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

E?
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 AM   #9311
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

E

"--e-e / --e- / - / ---- / --- / ---e- / - / ---- / ---e------e- / -- / --e / ----- ! / --- / --e-e / -- / ----- / -- / --e / ---e / -- / ---e--- / -- / -----e?"
Old 02-08-2008, 03:39 AM   #9312
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

R?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 AM   #9313
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

RE

"--ere / --e- / - / --r- / --- / ---e- / - / ---- / ---e------e- / -- / --e / --r-- ! / --- / --ere / -- / ----- / -- / --e / r--e / -- / ---e--r / -- / -----e?"
Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 AM   #9314
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

T?
Old 02-08-2008, 04:32 AM   #9315
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

TRE

"T-ere / --e- / - / --r- / --- / t--e- / - / ---- / ---e------e- / -- / t-e / --rt- ! / --- / t-ere / -- / ----- / -- / t-e / r--e / -- / ---e--r / t- / -----e?"
Old 02-08-2008, 05:44 AM   #9316
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

A?
Old 02-08-2008, 05:51 AM   #9317
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

RATE

"T-ere / --e- / a / --r- / --- / ta-e- / a / ---- / ---e---a--e- / -- / t-e / --rt- ! / -a- / t-ere / -- / ---a- / -- / t-e / ra-e / -- / ---e--r / t- / -----e?"
Old 02-08-2008, 06:51 AM   #9318
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

"There goes a lord who tamed a wild shieldmaiden of the north! Was there no woman of the race of Númenor to choose?"
-Éowyn to Faramir
Old 02-08-2008, 06:52 AM   #9319
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Wow Right you are, obviously. Your turn.

P.S. I cannot explain it, but I was mysteriously lucky today. I am busy with preparing an RPG (and watching the presidental election) but I always checked the computer only a few minutes after someone posted here.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:10 AM   #9320
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

According to my experience, there are, apart from Númenor, few long words that end with 'r'. And after that it was quite easy.

"----, / ---- / -- / ----, / ---- / -------, / -- / --- / ------ / -- / --- / --- / ----- / --- / --- / -- / --- / ---------- / -- / ------ (-) -----."