The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-07-2008, 03:16 PM   #881
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
Here's a thought. If tp is so sure about Cailin, why hasn't he voted her yet?
Because, as I've said before, I always hold my vote just in case.

I suppose partly because I'm always afraid the village will do something stupid that my vote could have fixed had I held it.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #882
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brin
For all we know, he and Rikae could both be evil.
If that's the case, then the evil team is darn suicidal.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #883
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Trust me on this.
There are two chances of that: fat and slim.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:24 PM   #884
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwath
There are two chances of that: fat and slim.
Why?

Explain to me exactly how Phantom=Bad works. How can you possibly explain the rationality of my reveal if I am in fact lying?

Sorry, but logic is firmly on my side here. You need to go with me- just this once.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #885
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Nilp for Rikae
Lhuna for Sally
Izzy for Di
Rikae for Rikae
morm for Lommy
Diamond for Cailin
Legate for Cailin

Rikae 2
Cailin 2
Sally 1
Di 1
Lommy 1

I'd say more, but then, I've said it all before.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #886
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wth, people, wth?

I've got more reading to do. Unless that would only confuse me more.

There are so many strings being pulled right now it's insane.
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:29 PM   #887
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm thinking the best option at this point is to lynch phantom. If he's the hunter, then he'll take a wolf down with him because as he said, he's 100% sure about Cailin. If he's a wolf, then we've lynched a wolf. If he's the EW, he'll be found out. While I liked the idea of the wolves taking care of him during the Night, that's only based on the assumption that phantom is truthful...and I think it may be to risky to trust him.

As for Rikae...if she's lying (as I think she is), then we'll leave her to the GW and we'll know the truth about her by toMorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
If that's the case, then the evil team is darn suicidal.
Perhaps...but if you manage to fool the entire village, then acting suicidal could really be worked towards the evil team's advantage..
Old 06-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #888
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
*sigh* I take a short nap and come back to 3 or 4 additional pages. If I may sumarise what I have gathered in my quick review. Rikae claims to be the GW and the phantom rejects that claim based upon that fact that he is the hunter and has communicated with the GW. Personally, I don't see any reason why the GW would reveal him/herself and therefore I am disinclined to beleive Rikae. Additionally, the vibe I have gotten from Rikae is that of a baddie gloating over her power, I think she felt a bit over-confident. This is really a break through, though I wouldn't doubt it if she were merely a wolf trying to distract us. Either way it's up the the GW what he wants to do about this information.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #889
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Brin, for Pete's sake, wait!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #890
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
How can you possibly explain the rationality of my reveal if I am in fact lying?

Sorry, but logic is firmly on my side here. You need to go with me- just this once.
Obviously to confuse the village. Instead of just focusing on Rikae, you threw a whole other factor and diversion into the picture.

This comment makes me doubt you even more.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #891
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
I'm thinking the best option at this point is to lynch phantom
Brinn, I was thinking that too...but then I thought, if he's telling the truth, that leaves our GW with just one team member. And the EW currently has four.
Not good. I think one way or another, there will be a challenge tomorrow. And I'd rather have our GW leave us with a full team. Wouldn't you?
Old 06-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #892
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Brinn, stop confusing me by bringing yet another lynch candidate. I can't just ignore your suggestion either, it sounds tempting, but...but...

Phantom - is it so difficult to understnad that some are not ready to trust Rikae yet not ready to trust you either? I don't want to trust either of you. It's not a choice like "option a: I trust phantom and don't trust Rikae" and "option b: I trust Rikae and I don't trust phantom"! It's an individual decision each time, first question "do I trust Rikae?" and second question "do I trust phantom?". And I happened to answer "no" to both.

edit: xed with everybody after Brinn's #887
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:36 PM   #893
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Brin, for Pete's sake, wait!
Wait for what? To vote for you?

Well, if you are actually a wolf of course you would want me to wait.

I'm not voting just yet, so you have time to convince me otherwise. But it seems the more you speak, the less I believe you...
Old 06-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #894
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Oh, and as for Rikae being the EW, I'm ignoring the possibility because I just don't believe that. Why on earth would the EW do something like she did? It's almost as absurd as the GW acting that way...

edit: xed with Brinn
Old 06-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #895
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Brinn, I was thinking that too...but then I thought, if he's telling the truth, that leaves our GW with just one team member. And the EW currently has four.
Not good. I think one way or another, there will be a challenge tomorrow. And I'd rather have our GW leave us with a full team. Wouldn't you?
But if he's truthful and we don't lynch him, he'll probably be killed during the Night anyways...so either way we'd still be down a hunter.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #896
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
but if you manage to fool the entire village, then acting suicidal could really be worked towards the evil team's advantage..
How the heck am I supposed to fool the "entire village"?!

If I'm lying then it is impossible for me to fool the entire village, because the GW and real Hunter will know good and well that I'm lying!!

If I'm wrong, the Rikae is right, yes?

And if Rikae is right, the Legate is a WW, yes?

And so what in the name of Arda was I trying to accomplish when I revealed?!

All that it does is let the GW know the identity of yet another WW, which leaves open the possibility of losing a WW both today and tonight! That's absolutely a stupid thing to do! What is gained that balances out such a loss?

It makes no logical sense.

Stop trying to FEEL this thing out! THINK rationally- is there a likely benefit that will offset the guaranteed cost of such a move for a WW at this point in the game?

Answer- no.

Everyone keeps saying I want to "confuse the village". How is a few hours of confusion worth the guaranteed loss of a WW?

I'm sorry, but logic is firmly on my side. If you can't see it then you haven't slowed down enough to think everything through.

Vote Cailin.

Yeesh. We might as well hand this game to the EW.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:39 PM   #897
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
Sorry, but logic is firmly on my side here.
Well, really it looks more to me like all the logic is against Rikae, but not necessarily on your side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I'm thinking the best option at this point is to lynch phantom. If he's the hunter, then he'll take a wolf down with him because as he said, he's 100% sure about Cailin.
Okayyy...but if he really is the hunter and we take care of him now, the Wolves won't have to deal with him toNight, which means it's an open one or two kills for them.

Lommy's desire to trust Rikae seems...crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
though I wouldn't doubt it if she (Rikae) were merely a wolf trying to distract us.
This is another thing to consider. In my skim-over it looks like people have talked a lot about how it doesn't make sense for the GW to reveal themselves, but does it make any more sense for the EW to reveal themselves at this point? I guess maybe if they are confident that their wolves can finish things off, which makes me wonder if we're completely on the wrong track. Whatever.

The way Rikae "came out" as more and more pressure was being placed on Cailin is very interesting, though.

Bleh, I need to step back for a moment.

So, I haven't made it into any more sigs? You guys couldn't make this an easy decision for me, could you?

Edit: Crossed with a bunch, duh.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #898
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
If I'm wrong, the Rikae is right, yes?
Not necessarily. But that would be insane...

edit: xed with Dury
Old 06-07-2008, 03:41 PM   #899
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Phantom - is it so difficult to understnad that some are not ready to trust Rikae yet not ready to trust you either? I don't want to trust either of you. It's not a choice like "option a: I trust phantom and don't trust Rikae" and "option b: I trust Rikae and I don't trust phantom"! It's an individual decision each time, first question "do I trust Rikae?" and second question "do I trust phantom?". And I happened to answer "no" to both.
Sorry, but it is either/or.

One of us is lying.

Does it make sense that it would be me, who had no logical reason to reveal at this stage in the game if a Baddie?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
Thank you!

If you lynch me, you're essentially doing the EWs dirty work for him. Way to go.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #900
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
But if he's truthful and we don't lynch him, he'll probably be killed during the Night anyways...so either way we'd still be down a hunter
But if he's telling the truth and we kill Cailin, that will be one wolf down already, and if the wolves then kill him during the night I think he'll probably take down a wolf with him, because frankly after today's mayhem we've got some fairly good suspects here, on one side or the other.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #901
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
tp apparently realized I knew another wolf's identity. Well, he was right, but it wasn't him.

Really, this worked out beautifully.

Last edited by Rikae; 06-07-2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Bolding
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:45 PM   #902
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
tp, what's wroing with Cailin?:

Quote:
Ah, excellent. Hey Gwath- we have a member recruited for our Lynch Cailin Club!

Legate, my good friend and business partner, what do you think? Interested in joining?
Quote:
Come on Izzy. Vote Cailin please. *gives puppy dog eyes*
Quote:
That's precisely why we should lynch Cailin rather than me.
Well oviuosly she would do a comeback.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailín View Post
Please everyone, vote for the phantom. I really, really think he's suspicious. Incidentally, be my friend.
I think one of them is (now, if not since the beginning), a werewolf.
But the thing is we don't know who yet.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #903
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
But if he's telling the truth and we kill Cailin, that will be one wolf down already, and if the wolves then kill him during the night I think he'll probably take down a wolf with him, because frankly after today's mayhem we've got some fairly good suspects here, on one side or the other.
Yes! Ten points for Lal.

And if the EW scries me to avoid my kill, that means he can't make another WW during the night! Yet another victory!!
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #904
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
One of us is lying.
Maybe just one. Or maybe both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
He won't take another wolf down because surely the EW will scry him first making him an ordo. Don't get me wrong...I did hesitate for a moment because if tp is honest it be nice to simply let the wolves waste their time taking care of him. But again, that's assuming he's honest. And I'm beginning to doubt that more and more.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #905
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Blah. Blah. Blah.
Broken record, anyone?

Should we not be focusing on someone else? Do you know how many people are flying under the radar right now? I'm talking Mormegil here. That guy is dodgy.

Seriously, phantom, your case against me is about as good as my case against Mormegil. Just because you keep saying logic is on your side, it does not make it so.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #906
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Okay, phantom. I may have to admit that I trust you more than I trust Rikae. (Because it would indeed quite weird of you to do what you're doing if you were a baddie, you've demonstrated that point quite convincingly.)

But that's not much and I do not trust you. I cannot see all ends. You could still be a weirdo bluffing baddie and as it's you of all the people here, I'm double-cautious.

See, as I can't completely choose between the two of you, and because I'm keeping in mind the (however crazy) possibility that you could both be lying, I'd rather lynch Rikae just to be on the safe side, even if there's a minimal risk that she's the EW and not a wolf and thus we can't lynch a wolf if we lynch her.

Can you understand my point of view?

edit: xed with everything since tp's 899
Old 06-07-2008, 03:47 PM   #907
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*sigh*

I didn't want to do this, but... I think that the confusion here is not good for the Good team, and since Rikae has seemingly got what she wanted, I may as well let the thick villagers in on it.

Rikae's not the Good Wizard. I am.

This is possibly surprising to some of you, considering my devil may care attitude, questions and missteps about the rules, seemingly "forgetting" that Day 1 had come till late in the Day. But I was trying to act like the least possible Wizard, to lessen suspicion of me. Pretending to be someone who hasn't paid close attention to "hard core" stuff, etc. Acting silly and stupid seemed the best way.

My role in the village is a joke on the fact that I do not, in real life, currently have a job.

Diamond + No Job + Internet At Home = All the Time in the World

I told Nogrod this. Now I'm telling you.

So, that's various reasons why you should believe me when I say that I am the Good Wizard.

Keep in mind that there are 5 evil people in this village. Rikae and Cailin are the ones I know about for sure.

Rikae's false reveal today caused me to post far more and far more seriously than I was intending. I'll bet you that she's gloating about this.

Well, I'll see you tomorrow, Mommy.

In the meantime, DON'T lynch my Hunter!

The Phantom is of far more use to me at Night.

Cailin is a Wolf, lynch her and be done with it.

This is all.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:49 PM   #908
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Really, people, and given Rikae's stance towards tp, it does not seem likely that the two of them are together in any union. That Rikae is evil is clear (at least to me 100%, which I am very grateful of). So I say we listen to the phantom and vote for Cailín. For those who are indecisive, just say to yourselves: "Let's give it a shot, we will know for certain after that happens," and then jump into the water. I believe this being the best way now.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #909
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond
GAHH! *throws self against wall*

I don't know what to believe anymore. I just don't.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:50 PM   #910
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Oh ... flibble. Well, for my part I'm for trusting phantom here and lynching Cailin. Whoever it was that set out the list of possible outcomes for that, well, it pretty much agreed with what was going on in my head. In addition, the timing and nature of Rikae's revelation just made it seem suspicious even before I got as far as phantom's counter revelation. In addition, I thought I saw a clue from a possible GW earlier and that seemed to chime with what phantom said.

So, because I am unlikely to be here at the deadline:

++CAILIN
Old 06-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #911
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
tp apparently realized I knew another wolf's identity. Well, he was right, but it wasn't him.
Ah, so you are the EW, eh? You admit that you know the identities of yet other WWs, and that I'm not one of them.

Eonwe- have you been keeping up? Did you read the part where I'm the Hunter, and that the GW told me Cailin was a WW?
Quote:
Maybe just one. Or maybe both.
Oh, please. That would be just plain stupid. If that was the case, then all we basically did was show up and say "Both of us are WWs!" to the GW.
Quote:
He won't take another wolf down because surely the EW will scry him first making him an ordo.
That's exactly WHAT WE WANT!!

If the EW scries me then he can't make another WW!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
Seriously, phantom, your case against me is about as good as my case against Mormegil.
I don't need a case. The GW told me who you were. My "case" earlier today was just a cover for trying to get you lynched without revealing myself.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #912
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Alright. I trust phantom because I trust Di. If they were both baddies this would be just horrible. And on top of that Cailín's last post, being so unrelated to everything, clearly proves that she's a wolf.

But the question remains, why to lynch Cailín and not Rikae if they're both wolves?

edit: xed with everything since Di's revelation... and now I'm letting Greenie come here
Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #913
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Quote:
Should we not be focusing on someone else?
Ok Cailin, that does it. That attempt at a diversion has just made up my mind for me - you have *got* to be a wolf. Why in the name of Arda should we start confusing ourselves even further by focusing on other people, we need to sort out this problem toDay, and then sift through the evidence tomorrow.

++CAILIN

It's my belief that the aim of toDay was to create confusion, which is a EW not a GW thing to do. Cailin's just done that - tried to create more confusion. The GW wants to unify the village. Rikae wouldn't have revealed and then run away if she were a good wizard with the village's best interests at heart.

If Cailin is guilty, then Rikae is bad. So, I think, are Lommy and Roa. Who is the baddest of them all, I don't know, but we can sort all that out tomorrow.
If phantom turns out to be the baddie, after all, then GW Rikae or whoever else she is shielding, can sort that out toNight.

Last edited by Lalaith; 06-07-2008 at 03:55 PM. Reason: X posted with everyone since Cailin. Strewth. This is insane.
Lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #914
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond18 View Post
*sigh*

I didn't want to do this, but... I think that the confusion here is not good for the Good team, and since Rikae has seemingly got what she wanted, I may as well let the thick villagers in on it.

*sigh*

And another reveal. I was sort of afraid of that when you were talking about scrying strategy to reduce wolf numbers earlier...

Quote:
Cailin is a Wolf, lynch her and be done with it.

This is all.
Ok.

++ Cailín
Old 06-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #915
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Ah! Di just revealed! Well, she's who I thought I'd seen the clue from earlier so at least that all works. Hmm, I do have a niggling feeling that this could be the most blinding bluff ever played, especially with Di and phantom masterminding it, but I decided to trust them and I'll stick by that decision.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #916
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Di
Aw dang, I thought this might be coming after wondering for a moment why you were as 100% sure as phantom...sorry, Di.

Now, Di's reveal makes sense.

++Cailin

Now you're really my hero.

Edit: Crossed with everyone after Legate.

Last edited by mormegil; 06-07-2008 at 04:10 PM. Reason: language
Old 06-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #917
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
tp, what's wroing with Cailin?
Read the really long post by me. The REALLY long one. Also, tp says that GW told him that Cailin is a wolf.

The single strongest point in tp's favor is that it wouldn't make sense for Rikae, if she were the GW, to reveal herself right now. So she likely isn't the GW.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #918
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
*chants* We got the Good Wizard, we got the Good Wizard.

Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 03:55 PM   #919
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
But the question remains, why to lynch Cailín and not Rikae if they're both wolves?
Because Rikae could be the EW.

I'm more inclined to trust Di as well. But before I take action I need to think, as much as my brain already hurts. I just don't want to fall into a trap.
Old 06-07-2008, 03:56 PM   #920
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cailin
*chants* We got the Good Wizard, we got the Good Wizard.
Well, that does it.

++Cailin