The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-25-2010, 03:34 PM   #801
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Actually, Phantom, I insist. Vote for both Inzil and Folwren, if you'd be so kind.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 03:38 PM   #802
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
I will kill no more than six. Choose wisely.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:48 PM   #803
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
Rats. Well, at least this means Phantom can't use his other votes on Nerwen and me so he can be the only player remaining alive, like I was suspecting that he'd do.

++Inziladun++
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 09-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #804
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Also, phantom may not abstain.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #805
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Foley, why does it matter so much to you? If you're innocent and we lynch everyone, you win.
I don't quite see it as that...having lived so long and for once having lived without being doubted and all, I would really hate to die from 'friendly fire', or mercy killing, or whatever you want to call it. I'm just like that.

I actually see killing people like myself and Lommy as wasting lives. Ya'll know we're both 99% likely to be innocent - why slaughter us with the rest?

But it appears that I'm not going to die anyway. I'm just sorry you killed Lommy.

-- Foley
Old 09-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #806
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Didn't Phantom abstain Day 1, though?
Old 09-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #807
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Also, phantom may not abstain.
What do you mean, Phorc can't abstain?? He's abstained before in the game. What do you mean? Does this mean only three people will die? that's not fair, oh most beloved mod-god person - you changed the rules after the other reps had voted, ruining their plans.

I make a motion that you let the other reps re-vote, now that you've thrown this wrench into the mix.

Either what I said above made sense or I'm horribly confused, 'cause it can't be both.

x-posted with Shasta, and corrected a spelling error.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #808
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren View Post
I make a motion that you let the other reps re-vote, now that you've thrown this wrench into the mix.
I'm okay with this. The other reps can re-vote. Every rep must use at least two out of three of their votes. I will only mass-murder up to six players.

My game went faster than planned due to modfires. I want more illustrations, consarnit!
Old 09-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #809
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I'm okay with this. The other reps can re-vote. Every rep must use at least two out of three of their votes. I will only mass-murder up to six players.

My game went faster than planned due to modfires. I want more illustrations, consarnit!
That's fair enough, as long as Nerwen can be here within the next three hours. I understand the modfire point.

Let's see, then. I definitely want two votes to be -

++Legate++
++Eonwe++

Phantom, Nerwen? Please be here, this is a big decision to make all by my lonesome. :P
Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 PM   #810
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

In the interest of fairness, if Nerwen doesn't show up, I'll just call it a day and let phantom do whatever he wants with his votes.

*pouts*

*wants more time to doodle*

Old 09-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #811
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Let's see, then. I definitely want two votes to be -

++Legate++
++Eonwe++
Really? Why?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:22 PM   #812
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Just realised that I missed out this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
And this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Lastly, I have a phantomesque plan. Since we have six unknowns and three known innocents who are going to be our reps, wouldn't it actually make sense to group lynch the six of us?
Do you really want to end the game now, and without even 100% evidence? You seem a bit too certain that Phantom, Nerwen and Shasta are innocents, and even if they're much closer to 'proven' innocents than everyone else, they're not. And anyway, where's the fun that?
I play to win, yes, but I also play to play. Otherwise there's no point.

So basically, yeah, even if we can't do the plan, I think we should have a multiple lynch. If you're going to kill me, at least try to help the village by killing someone else who might actually be a wolf.

And why have I just become an official person to lynch with no actual good reason?
Old 09-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #813
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

So am I the only person around now? Ok, goodnight then, and choose who you lynch wisely.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #814
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

*growl*

*pout*

Okay. New executive decision. It's jerkishly unfair for me to change the rules so late in the Day.

Ignore that whole "the old votes don't count" thing.

The current vote tally is:

1 for steve (nerwen)
1 for kath (nerwen)
1 for rune (nerwen)
1 for lommy (shasta)
1 for legate (shasta)
1 for zil (shasta)

And Phorc may do whatever he likes with his votes, but I *hope* he'll do something that pleases me and gives me a longer game.

Old 09-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #815
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I expected to have internet where I am, but I don't. I had to leave for a second just to post this. WHAT'S GOING ON??!!

Can I seriously NOT clinch the game for the good-guys by splitting my three votes and thus leaving me as the only player alive? And I can't abstain either??!!

If that is the case, then that means I can possibly lynch more than three people, and seeing as I have to leave and go back to where I have no web access, I can't possibly do any reading in order to decide who to lynch.

I'll try to get back online in an hour. Nerwen or Shasta- I expect one of you to sort this thing out for me, and whatever you tell me to do then I will do it.

Sorry good-guys if this sure-win turns into a loss because I can't be around. When I made these plans I had no idea that I was going to need to do any actual deciding today. See you in an hour.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:55 PM   #816
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Nerwen or Shasta- I expect one of you to sort this thing out for me, and whatever you tell me to do then I will do it.
But they'll try to get me killed!

edit: Yeah, I couldn't sleep.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #817
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Due to divine modgoddess blessing, I actually haven't voted for Inzil yet.

The current vote tally -

Eonwe - 1 (Nerwen)
Kath - 1 (Nerwen)
Rune - 1 (Nerwen)
Lommy - 1 (Shasta)
Legate - 1 (Shasta)

Phantom, if you could vote for Folwren and Inziladun with two of your votes, that would be just lovely.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #818
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Due to divine modgoddess blessing, I actually haven't voted for Inzil yet.

The current vote tally -

Eonwe - 1 (Nerwen)
Kath - 1 (Nerwen)
Rune - 1 (Nerwen)
Lommy - 1 (Shasta)
Legate - 1 (Shasta)

Phantom, if you could vote for Folwren and Inziladun with two of your votes, that would be just lovely.
Actually:
Quote:
So no. He can either vote for one more person, or do the more interesting option and vote for whoever he finds suspicious.

And Fea, will the last Day use reps?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:43 PM   #819
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Actually:
So no. He can either vote for one more person, or do the more interesting option and vote for whoever he finds suspicious.
I think you missed where I just said, "Phorc may do whatever he likes with his votes, but I *hope* he'll do something that pleases me and gives me a longer game."

He can vote for as many or as few as he wants. He can even abstain. It was unfair for me to tamper with the rules so late in the Day, so I retracted all my modly intrusions.

No limits on his votes.

Quote:
And Fea, will the last Day use reps?
No. Just straight voting.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #820
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
I think you missed where I just said, "Phorc may do whatever he likes with his votes, but I *hope* he'll do something that pleases me and gives me a longer game."

He can vote for as many or as few as he wants. He can even abstain. It was unfair for me to tamper with the rules so late in the Day, so I retracted all my modly intrusions.

No limits on his votes.
Ah, sorry. I wasn't sure what you meant by that. It's late.

Quote:
No. Just straight voting.
Ok, that's a relief
Old 09-25-2010, 06:50 PM   #821
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Okay, I'm here for about FIVE MINUTES.

I need to know right this instant, have all votes been cast, and who still does not have a vote?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #822
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Okay, I'm here for about FIVE MINUTES.

I need to know right this instant, have all votes been cast, and who still does not have a vote?
No, I have one remaining. Folwren and Inziladun (and the three of us) do not have votes.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:52 PM   #823
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Eonwe - 1 (Nerwen)
Kath - 1 (Nerwen)
Rune - 1 (Nerwen)
Lommy - 1 (Shasta)
Legate - 1 (Shasta)

Shasta still has one and you have all three.

No votes: Zil, Nerwen, Shasta, Phorc, and... Ummmmmm... *is forgetting someone I think* Foley! And Foley.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:53 PM   #824
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And I gave you a vote tally previously, .
Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #825
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Shasta- if the multi-lynch is in fact a go now, hurry up and choose either Inzil or Foley for your last target so I don't vote the same person and screw it all up.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:54 PM   #826
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta- if the multi-lynch is in fact a go now, hurry up and choose either Inzil or Foley for your last target so I don't vote the same person and screw it all up.
I won't have to even use my last vote. Just vote for Inzil and Folwren.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #827
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Shasta- if you don't vote for either of them within three minutes, I will vote for both of them plus you.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #828
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Ok, well if I'm going to die, can I at least ask you two to do something interesting for the village? Please?
Old 09-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #829
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta- if you don't vote for either of them within three minutes, I will vote for both of them plus you.
Do it. I'll just vote you, leaving Nerwen alive. I'm not stupid, Phantom. The moment I vote, you'll vote whoever I didn't, plus Nerwen and myself.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:57 PM   #830
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

See, this is why I don't like the plan. It was obvious we'd get a fight like this. That's why we should do something different.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:58 PM   #831
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

And why would that bother you, Shasta? If you're an Orc, then a win is a win.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:59 PM   #832
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
And why would that bother you, Shasta? If you're an Orc, then a win is a win.
Mostly I just don't want to give you the satisfaction of being the only player left alive. Why do you not want to just vote and give us the win already?
Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #833
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Crap... My connection is is fuzzing out. I have to vote now while I can.

++Foley
++Inzil
++Shasta
Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #834
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shenanigans.

++phantom++
Old 09-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #835
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Farewell, my heart! I will always love you!
Old 09-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #836
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

We all knew that would happen.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:01 PM   #837
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Well that's certainly what I like to call a Dead Line.

Hush until I post narration.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:02 PM   #838
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
Mostly I just don't want to give you the satisfaction of being the only player left alive. Why do you not want to just vote and give us the win already?
Why did YOU not want to just vote and give us the win already?!

This is not my problem. I'm the one with barely enough time and a bad connection. This is not on me, laddie, this is on you. Anyway, I have to go right away.

(You could've ended all of this nonsense by just voting while I was gone. Don't act like I'm the one complicating it.)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #839
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Nerwen survived. She was special!orc and chose to play for the good of the village.

Due to early warning about what would happen if there were any more modfires, Fea wins.

Discussion is open.

Good job, everybody.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:34 PM   #840
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
What, we don't get to find out who the other elves were?