The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #761
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Why would the person who killed Form, go after an Ordo. Or did they think he was more than an Ordo? Why not go after the Seer or the Ranger.
Or is this a.... kill all Ordo's, and everyone left wins?

Since they are essentially... more 'popular', and thus higher towards that ultimate goal of Fame.

What if we killed all of them off, and had an Ordo victory?
Old 02-15-2010, 03:25 AM   #762
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I have an idea of what the St. Valentine's Day Massacre could be. Not certain, but I'm sure a possibility somehow.
The only thing I can think of, off the top of my head, is that there are, or were rival teams of villains– yet, Sally said all the wolves were gone now.

But then she also says you have a "mighty interesting idea", I think in reference to your comment about players killing from beyond the grave. A possible connection to the St Valentine's Day Massacre is that Al Capone– presumed to have been behind it– was supposedly haunted by one of the victims... so, yeah, it could mean the dead wolves are getting revenge-kills on us. Only, what are we supposed to do about that?

I said yesterDay that maybe we're meant to have a contest for the ultimate winner. I was thinking in terms of one last Simon election, but maybe Sally means us to keep on lynching each other, in between being eaten at Night by spectral lupines, until there's only one person left.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #763
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I thought of that same Ultimate Winner deal as well.
Beyond the grave killing thought, was added to because of Loslote's death song. Where she sang about being a Minor-Werewolf and not killing anyone. But if we killed her, then she would kill us.

However, later in the song she became a full-fledged werewolf. So. *shrug*

Even if killing from beyond the grave, why not go after The Ranger who could protect against their kills - I assume?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #764
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I have an idea of what the St. Valentine's Day Massacre could be. Not certain, but I'm sure a possibility somehow.

Ultimate Secret? That you do indeed own a Bakery?

Heh. Alas, no.

Well I obviously can't have you kil seven people. I can have you kill three though.

Thus....prepare for the announcement.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #765
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
St. Valentine's Day(ish) Massacre

ToDay's voting will be like any other Day's. However, rather than have the person with the least amount of votes die, the bottom three people votewise shall all perish together. The person who wins the contest toDay will have a point added onto their next score. Simon has now been done away with because there's no purpose to it at this stage of the game.

Remember, vote for the person/people you trust or like or want to keep around most. That is, after all, how the game works.

Oh, and as a reminder, you only have three votes now. If you wish to only use two that's fine, and if you think it should be limited to two for everyone don't hesitate to speak up. Now get to voting.

(I know, it's not very historically accurate but meh. There's not enough people at this point to do it right anyway, doncha know.)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-15-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #766
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

I think the killing beyond the grave thing is possible because Sally was very insistent form the beginning that we shouldn't communicate with people who have died, meaning that maybe they could still effect the game.

I think the ultimate winner is also possible. With the whole popularity/american idol theme going on.

And as far as I can tell the One Hit Wonder still hasn't come into effect anywhere.

So it's Family Day up here, so no work or school, so I don't really have much to do except watch the Olympics, so I should be able to come on fairly consistently.

x'ed with sally, interesting...
Old 02-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #767
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Ok then. A true popularity contest.

I'll have to give one at least to

++Fea.

I can't turn my back on a Seer responsible for such insightful dreaming.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:30 PM   #768
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

++Izzy

++Nerwen

++Inzil

I trust those three. And I'm sure Fea will get plenty of votes so this is my way of protecting more people. (actually, I trust everyone and would like to vote everyone, but obviously I cannot do that)

I voted now because I am not feeling the greatest, and that usually leads to me being very forgetful, and so I want to make sure that I don't forget to vote.
Old 02-15-2010, 01:51 PM   #769
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
++Zil
++Nerwen
++Wilwa

For sticking it out and being awesome.
Old 02-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #770
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
(actually, I trust everyone and would like to vote everyone, but obviously I cannot do that)
Ditto.

++Izzy

++Nerwen
Old 02-15-2010, 03:59 PM   #771
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
To Quote Elvis Costello

Since we have killed the wolves and we have no way of knowing what the "right" thing to vote is, I will simply vote for my favourit people. . . no tactics.

++Fea
++Wilwa
++Nerwen

I might be gone for a while if you need me:

Now I'm dead, now I'm dead, now I'm dead,
now I'm dead, now I'm dead and you're all
going on to meet your reward Are you scared? Are you scared? Are you scared?
Are you scared?

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #772
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Votes so far:

Fea - 2
Inzil - 2
Izzy - 2
Wilwa - 2
Nerwen - 4
Rune - 0

And there is only the six of us left right? So that's everyone then. Nice little 4 way tie going on...

Nerwen and Izzy still need to vote.

Canada won a gold, and I'm rediculously excited. Just thought I'd share.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:49 PM   #773
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Votes so far:

Fea - 2
Inzil - 2
Izzy - 2
Wilwa - 2
Nerwen - 4
Rune - 0

And there is only the six of us left right? So that's everyone then. Nice little 4 way tie going on...

Nerwen and Izzy still need to vote.

Canada won a gold, and I'm rediculously excited. Just thought I'd share.

*snuggles you, both for the vote count and for you sillies winning a medal*

I've not been watching the games, like at all. What'd you lot win in?
Old 02-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #774
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
*snuggles you, both for the vote count and for you sillies winning a medal*

I've not been watching the games, like at all. What'd you lot win in?
The men's mogal skiing, one of your dudes got Bronze (an Aussie got Silver). It's our first gold so far so it's really excitin! We've gotten a silver in the women's mogal skiing, 2 of your girls got the gold and bronze spots, and we got a couple of bronze in other stuff. I've never watched before but because it's here this year I watched out of curiosity and it's terribly exciting! Lots of fun.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:02 PM   #775
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
The men's mogal skiing, one of your dudes got Bronze (an Aussie got Silver). It's our first gold so far so it's really excitin! We've gotten a silver in the women's mogal skiing, 2 of your girls got the gold and bronze spots, and we got a couple of bronze in other stuff. I've never watched before but because it's here this year I watched out of curiosity and it's terribly exciting! Lots of fun.
Oho, very nice. Yeah, I don't have TV or anything so I don't see much. I watched the games a couple times when I was a kid (I always liked the figure skating because it's art, not just sport unlike some of the other competitions) but never really got into it.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:12 PM   #776
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
I would like to point out that the two Danes that have competed so far, both finnished second to last. . .

We are all very excited.

Old 02-15-2010, 05:15 PM   #777
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
I would like to point out that the two Danes that have competed so far, both finnished second to last. . .

We are all very excited.
LOL! Was that intentional?

Ah, soon to be dinner time. I'll even let you vote on what I have!

Pasta
Hot cheese sandwich
Eggs (and toast, for one must eat toast)
The carton of ice cream in my freezer

Make your voice known!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *collapses into fits of unnecessary giggles*
Old 02-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #778
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
LOL! Was that intentional?
Yes, yes it was.

Those bastards stole our one good female icehockey player.

Anyways I forgot that there was another Dane in action today, he got in as nr. 76. (out of 96)

Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #779
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
++pasta and ice cream
Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #780
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

++eggs and toast

As long as you have grape jelly for the toast.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #781
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I'm sure you're quite proud Rune. Actually I have to admit that I had not noticed any Danes playing at all, but I will keep an eye out for them now.

Our first female hockey game was against Slovakia, and we beat them 18 to 0. Yes, we are awesome.

++ice cream
Old 02-15-2010, 05:29 PM   #782
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Yes, yes it was.

Those bastards stole our one good female icehockey player.

Anyways I forgot that there was another Dane in action today, he got in as nr. 76. (out of 96)
Hehe. But leave Agan out of this; she's not even in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
++pasta and ice cream
Oooo. What a controversial suggestion. *likes*

EDIT: x'd with Dun and Wilwa. I do in fact have grapy jelly. ^_^
Old 02-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #783
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Quote:
I'm sure you're quite proud Rune. Actually I have to admit that I had not noticed any Danes playing at all, but I will keep an eye out for them now.

Our first female hockey game was against Slovakia, and we beat them 18 to 0. Yes, we are awesome.

++ice cream
That is very nice Wilwa, we send our largest number of athletes ever and you don't even notice us!

You better watch out, we might just kick your asses in curling!

Old 02-15-2010, 05:33 PM   #784
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Language, children, language. That's it, play nice and clean now. *nods*
Old 02-15-2010, 05:41 PM   #785
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

Quote:
That is very nice Wilwa, we send our largest number of athletes ever and you don't even notice us!

You better watch out, we might just kick your asses in curling!
My cousin almost made it onto our curling team, but since she didn't then I won't be as hurt if we lose. So you can have curling Rune. And the only time I noticed other countries was when they were beating us, so of course I didn't notice you guys.

*snuggles Rune*
Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM   #786
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

*snickers*

*snuggles everyone*

So the dinner count seems to be:
Fea-->pasta and ice cream
Dun-->eggs and toast
Wilwa-->ice cream
Old 02-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #787
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

Silmaril

I think ice cream wins then! I'm going to go have some now too...

*snuggles Sally for giving her a wonderful food idea*
Old 02-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #788
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
I think ice cream wins then! I'm going to go have some now too...

*snuggles Sally for giving her a wonderful food idea*

Hehe. I really have a hankering for cheese though. I'm torn....

*snuggles Wilwa back*
Old 02-15-2010, 06:26 PM   #789
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Cheese is always a good thing. That would have been my second choice.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:32 PM   #790
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Cheese is always a good thing. That would have been my second choice.
So would the answer then be eggs with cheese? *ponders*
Old 02-15-2010, 06:46 PM   #791
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
So would the answer then be eggs with cheese? *ponders*
Sounds like a winner to me!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:13 PM   #792
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

And icecream for dessert?
Old 02-15-2010, 07:21 PM   #793
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor of the Peredhil View Post
And icecream for dessert?
Quite possibly. ^_^
Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 PM   #794
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
All right, then–

++Fea
++Zil

And I'll give the last one to Izzy or Wilwa.

Um... Rune, it looks like there's a consensus to kill you.

Which is not fair, because you helped get Glirdan... but then, in normal game terms we've all already won anyway.

EDIT:typo

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-15-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #795
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

The moddess dines....

That is all. ^_^
Old 02-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #796
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Votes:

Fea - 3
Inzil - 3
Izzy - 2
Wilwa - 2
Nerwen - 4
Rune - 0

Nerwen's still got one left and Izzy's not voted.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:05 PM   #797
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Um... Rune, it looks like there's a consensus to kill you.

Which is not fair, because you helped get Glirdan... but then, in normal game terms we've all already won anyway.
You're right, but it honestly bothers me that I can't support everyone who helped get rid of the wolves.

Sally, that looks like a veritable feast. Those eggs look cheesy.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:07 PM   #798
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
You're right, but it honestly bothers me that I can't support everyone who helped get rid of the wolves.

Sally, that looks like a veritable feast. Those eggs look cheesy.
Well you voted the seer so that's a start.

And yes, yes it is. And I actually decided to go cheese-free for some reason. Still very tasty though.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #799
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Same here... after all, everyone currently alive has played an active role.

And what to do with my last vote? All I can do is create a tie, anyway, which might mean dooming Fea. Seems ungrateful.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #800
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Same here... after all, everyone currently alive has played an active role.

And what to do with my last vote? All I can do is create a tie, anyway, which might mean dooming Fea. Seems ungrateful.
I'm just sayin', but you could vote Rune? *shrugs* Obviously I don't care.