The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #761
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
My guess would be Ee-on-hhwip... I mean hhway
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #762
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
What I found was- eh'onweh.
You should rhyme this with something. Phonetics are totally useless across dialects.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 PM   #763
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

But you could just call him Steve if you want. Easier to rhyme that way.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 PM   #764
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Aganzir is really bugging me... and I don't think it's just paranoia.

We have the earlier example of her persistant attack on Lommy, followed by a very sudden dropping of suspicion. At the time I thought I'd wait and see, as it could be either the action of a wolf who saw she wasn't getting any takers... or of an innocent who'd taken a shower and realised she been over-the-top.

...And then today we have another Legate 180 (or an approach to one, anyway), with yours truly as the subject.

First (#681) she analyses me and concludes:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
I think Nerwen doesn't look very suspicious apart from her reaction to morm, which could be that of an innocent as well. So I'm pretty much at a loss now, because at the same time I know she's capable of all sorts of nasty things and I just wouldn't want to stop suspecting her like this, just to be on the safe side.
Then (#714):
Quote:
I don't like it how I conclude that every person I've been suspecting is probably innocent.

And I want to go to sleep soonishly and I have no proper idea who to vote.
And then:
#730.
Quote:
Guilty
Nerwen. Okay, her speculation about Cab's death and reaction to Ilya & Brinn's reactions is suspicious, plus her fierce defense of herself.
Apart from the fact that it wasn't a "fierce" defence– as you may recall, I merely said that I was insulted morm would think I'd use such an amateur tactic if I were a wolf– there is nothing between these two posts. I didn't post and nobody made a case on me. In fact the only thing that happened was that morm voted me.

She goes from seeing me as not very suspicious (but not wanting to dismiss me, based on her knowledge of me, which I think is fair enough) to deciding I'm guilty... based on the same evidence.

Huh?

Now, I don't think I'm being biased... Aganzir is being very erratic, and doesn't seem to feel the need to explain. I don't know what it means, since it seems too clumsy for an Aganwolf... but it's not something I can ignore either.

Thoughts?

EDIT: x'd with a legion.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #765
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
But you could just call him Steve if you want. Easier to rhyme that way.
I approve. Eonwe will henceforth be named Steve.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #766
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

You notice that the pronunciation looks Canadian?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:12 PM   #767
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I could cancel your participation in this village permanently. I win. ~Fea
Drat, I should have learned my lesson from Mith, to never cross paths with a woman when moddessfire is on the line.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:14 PM   #768
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

There you go Nerwen, putting us back to work.

Anyway, my thoughts, are Agan's harmless. Unless you're a wolf, because she's a pretty intense investigator and interrogator.

Edit: P.S. Oh great, I probably just signed Agan's death warrant now. Sorry my lady.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:17 PM   #769
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Drat, I should have learned my lesson from Mith, to never cross paths with a woman when moddessfire is on the line.
I rather think the more valuable lesson for you to learn is to never cross paths with a woman in general and expect to win.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #770
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
P.S. Oh great, I probably just signed Agan's death warrant now. Sorry my lady.
If you did, then I'm going to be ticked. Seriously- if Agan's dead tomorrow I will attack you without mercy!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:19 PM   #771
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I rather think the more valuable lesson for you to learn is to never cross paths with a woman in general and expect to win.
True statement, but can you in some way shape that to be a Princess Bride reference? I don't think so, therefor the more valuable lesson is the one that you can remember.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:20 PM   #772
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I'm not getting any strong wolf-vibes from her either... but I'm thinking I can't trust her judgement in this game now whatever she is.

There. Signature erased.

EDIT: x'd since Boro at #768.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:21 PM   #773
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

You think I can't shape a statement any way I want it should the mood strike me? Inconceivable.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #774
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Shouldn't be immensely difficult to rhyme with "ay-on-way".
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #775
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

While I'm at it, Boro, if you keep saying stuff like that I'm afraid I'm going to have to start suspecting you.

EDIT" x'd with Fea and Shasta.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 PM   #776
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Shouldn't be immensely difficult to rhyme with "ay-on-way".
Psh. Way too late. I already wrote the poem with Steve as its subject.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #777
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

tp...what is it that you said about questioning your means but never your motives? You should really read your own book.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM   #778
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Gah! Yes, I know. I suck.

*waves hands in the air* I'm here! I'm here!

Okay, madcap last couple days. (Sorry about not stopping by to vote for a rep, but by the time I'd gotten back from work and had everything sorted it was deadline or after. For the record, I was going to vote for Agan or....Boro, if my memory serves me properly. Hey, I guess I got represented pretty well after all!) Anyway, hopefully my participation will even back out again. And by even out I mean....you know....exist. Bah, I feel like such a slacker.

I just got home, so I'm going to plug in my computer and see if I can't get some thoughts posted before the deadline. If I don't make it back, rest assured that I'll have lots to say toMorrow.

~~Sally~~
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 09:27 PM   #779
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
You think I can't shape a statement any way I want it should the mood strike me? Inconceivable.~Fea
I don't believe I've ever understimated your skill.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #780
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
Indeed, it's a very basic principle that all guys need to understand going into a relationship.

See, if you show your lady that she's wrong she becomes angry. And when people in general get angry they lose some of their rational reasoning skills. So, as she loses those skills you'll start scoring more points in the argument. And that will cause her to be even angrier. Eventually she'll be too angry to see the truth no matter how wrong she is, because you can't think straight when you're super upset.

Thus in her mind there is literally no way you can ever win an argument. If she's right then she's right and you lose. If she's wrong then she gets so mad that you can't convince her so you still lose.

Pretty simple really.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #781
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Heh. Sorry, this just caught my eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Gwath and Eonwe are both under the radar with me. And where's Sally? If any of those three were lynched, I probably wouldn't shed too many tears. (Sorry guys!)

Oi! Of all people, the other theater kid should understand how busy I am a week before show. (No, I'm not in it, but I have been doing some costume work and whatnot) Gosh! *throws a hissy fit and goes back to her trailer*

(And before you ask, yes, I'm kidding. Enough of the Silly/Busy Sally Show. I have more posts to read.)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:29 PM   #782
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
While I'm at it, Boro, if you keep saying stuff like that I'm afraid I'm going to have to start suspecting you.~Nerwen
No need, I'm going to move to strike this entire lame duck period off the record, and therefor it would have never existed.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #783
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
tp...what is it that you said about questioning your means but never your motives? You should really read your own book.
Whatever. I know every book relating to WW backward and forward. If you think I'm missing something, I just want you to think I'm missing something.

So, I suggest that you stop giving me reading assignments, or so help me I'll start that Boro-Nog war I threatened and I'll back your opponent.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:37 PM   #784
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Think it this way: you're a wolf and want to bluff by doing something you would never do as a wolf. When someone suspects you of it, is it better for you to say "I would never do so as a wolf" or wait till someone else says "He would never do so as a wolf"? The former is more suspicious.
Now, you're a newbie wolf. You might be suspected if you said "I did it just because I'm new, no-no I didn't have any dark intents," but if you suggested subtly that it might have happened because you're new and don't quite know how to react to different situations, it would be easier for people to believe it since it would feel more like they had come up with it themselves. What struck me as suspicious in Ilya was how she looked like she was consciously and carefully trying to use the less suspicion-raising manner.

Do you get my point?

Agan makes an interesting point here. Ilya seems a bit too smooth for a newbie, I must stay. Now I'm not saying that new players automatically suck, but she's been too smooth (smooth? maybe just well-integrated) for a new player. It worries me a bit. I'll have to take a good look at her at some point, but for now I'm going to just keep an eye on her. (And by at some point, I obviously mean as soon as I get a chance)
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #785
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Whatever. I know every book relating to WW backward and forward.~tp
Haven't you written every book relating to WW?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:44 PM   #786
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Aganzir: Her way of tracking wolves and posting annoys me. Also I have trouble telling apart what is just “normal” Aganzir and what is suspicious, so I would also like her to go simply to make my life easier. Also I don’t get why it is much more suspicious to say you’re a newbie in subtle way, than doing it straight forward. (ok Boromir just explained it, I don’t know what to make of it)

Now I know he doesn't give it as his ONLY reason, but you want to kill her because you don't like the way she catches wolves? (Well, he says tracks, but still. Potato, etc.) This leads me to wonder. Do you not like her around because mehbe she's on the right track with her wolf tracking? Hmmmm....
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #787
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
My earlier, rather incomplete case can be found here. I'm not going to discuss things already treated with there unless I have something new to add.

Ilya's been flip-flopping a bit. In 407 she said she will vote for the one she's the most suspicious of, but a little before she had noted she didn't want to vote anyone who already had a vote (including Legate). In 407 she explained her reasons for not wanting to vote those three people, though. The only person she mentioned apart from them was me (and my backing off of Lommy which parroted what a lot of other people had said etc etc), which, given the context, seems to suggest she was considering voting for me.

She admitted her Legate vote was bandwagoning, and said it looks fishy because it's safe, but she also suggested her newbieness might have to do with it. The latter was a remark I didn't particularly like but that's been discussed already. However, I just realised that one reason I didn't like it was that she doesn't play like one might expect a newbie to play but comes up with things herself and suspects people, at least to some extent.
Also, she kind of put the blame of her joining the bandwagon on Boro; "..to do exactly what Boro did to me yesterday: cast a vote with authority, and convince me to jump on the bandwagon."

She didn't know what to make of the Agan/Lommy brawl and feels there's something wrong in there. Also, she was suspicious of me for a reason she didn't know (later told she had found my reasons for voting Brinn for rep weird, especially that "she won't be the centre of attention" part, but they didn't feel as suspicious anymore now that she knew where her suspicions came from).

Ilya planned to vote Rune for rep, but when Lommy received three votes, she said she could vote Boro instead so there would be two people with three votes.

As for her suspicions today, she said that if Eönwë doesn't start posting with more substance she might get suspicious, she had a gut thing against me, Nog made her raise her eyebrows with his contradictory stuff, and she was not exactly suspicious but watchful towards Brinn. She voted the reasonable & reasonably funny Rune for rep.

Ilya is pretty quick to admit it if she has made mistakes (ie suspicious things). That's generally a good thing I guess, but Rune also had a valid point when he said

I can agree with Lommy that Ilya has looked much more innocent today. However I have no idea if that is because her fellows have had a chance to give her advice in the night or if she's just got more used to the game. Her defense and the reasons she gave for the things she did look pretty genuine though, and she kept her cool pretty well even when accused.

I'm not very concerned about her right now. Still going to keep an eye on her, but I don't think I'm going to vote her.

edit: xed with Eönwë and Gwath

Re: Ilya. And again, I'm quoting Agan. Dang it, this is the beginning of a very bad habit. *frustrated face*

Anyway, she has changed in subtle ways from yesterDay. I'm not sure it's pack coaching though. I know last game (and I don't mean this in a bad way) I was afraid to give Gollum playing suggestions for fear that it would make him stick out more, so I just left him to play the way he had been (again, not to say there was anything wrong with that, but....anyway, I digress). It could have just been her getting used to playing here. But either way, yes, she's done some things differently and though she has some good points I still feel uneasy about her.

EDIT: P.S. I have no idea what's going on votewise, by the way. I was going to look, but I knew by the time I'd done that the day would be over and I'd have said nothing. If anyone could do a vote tally that'd be amazing. (Not that it matters much now anyway, but I don't really want to talk a whole lot about someone and then be like "oh, they're lynched, there was time wasted"

EDIT #2: Watching Fantasia while posting this. LOVE THAT MOVIE!
Old 11-15-2008, 09:52 PM   #788
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I just realized that I'm approaching post #3000. I should've filibustered today so I could be sure to reach that historic number during this village.

Boro- yeah, pretty much.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:54 PM   #789
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Crap. I'm totally not bolding my posts. I swear, I'll go back in a bit and do them, I'm just working with some bad internets at the moment so be patient.

Alternatively, I love the fact that the moddesses are just popping in and offering commentary of sorts at random points in the game. By commentary I mean snarky comments, but still. It's amusing.

ETA: x'd with Phantom. And I thought of fillibustering just to be a nuisance, but since I didn't know how many votes were in and such I decided it wouldn't be fair.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #790
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

You still coming to Omaha tomorrow, Sally?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 PM   #791
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I'm almost up to 4,000 hmmm that gives me an idea

Edit: Oh crap I really am delusional - maybe I can still reach it though, that'd be impressive.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #792
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I saw a vote for Eon at some point when scrolling back up to where I was reading, and although I don't know how he stands lynchwise I'd just like to say that I generally suspect him. Lots of little things, but mostly he just rubs me the wrong way. (In a furry sense, not to say that I don't like him.)

Quote:
You still coming to Omaha tomorrow, Sally?
Of course!

And I think I'm out of time. Good Night all.

EDIT: x'd with silly Boro. Now off to bold my other posts. No other changes to them though, I promise.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #793
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Re: Ilya. And again, I'm quoting Agan. Dang it, this is the beginning of a very bad habit. *frustrated face*

Anyway, she has changed in subtle ways from yesterDay. I'm not sure it's pack coaching though. I know last game (and I don't mean this in a bad way) I was afraid to give Gollum playing suggestions for fear that it would make him stick out more, so I just left him to play the way he had been (again, not to say there was anything wrong with that, but....anyway, I digress). It could have just been her getting used to playing here. But either way, yes, she's done some things differently and though she has some good points I still feel uneasy about her.
I don't know what to make of her either. As you and Agan point out, the change in her posting could be read both ways.

As for what's happening– Eönwë has been lynched. We are waiting for Fea to let us know what he was. (There seems to be a consensus that pleading with her is useless.)
Old 11-15-2008, 10:01 PM   #794
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I don't know what to make of her either. As you and Agan point out, the change in her posting could be read both ways.

As for what's happening– Eönwë has been lynched. We are waiting for Fea to let us know what he was. (There seems to be a consensus that pleading with her is useless.)
Ah. Thanks for the update, dear. I assumed as much, but wasn't sure, so I didn't want to waste TOO much time talking about him.

I'm going to shut up now.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #795
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

We now await the narrative.

*drum roll*

And Eonwe is....

.... a WerePenguin???
Old 11-15-2008, 10:02 PM   #796
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I should've filibustered today so I could be sure to reach that historic number during this village.
Because 165 posts on this thread isn't enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
As for what's happening– Eönwë has been lynched.
Yes, poor Eonwe...not only does he get to die, but he'll be forever immortalised as Steve.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #797
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
We now await the narrative.

*drum roll*

And Eonwe is....

.... a WerePenguin???

You just made me squeal like a small girl. Hehe!

Oh, and I'm at the Sorcerer's Apprentice scene in Fantasia. Yay!

EDIT: x'd with Brinn. Yeah, I need to look into the Steve thing. I think I'll get quite a kick out of it.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #798
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Fea, I've been beaten, you win. I will never test you again.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:03 PM   #799
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Eonwe is henceforth known as Steve.
His head from his body, the villagers did cleave.
His identity as a wolf the good guys did believe
But when Steve died, they learned that all they did achieve
Was making their jobs harder between now and the coming eve.

---

Dead:

Fea
Mith
Rikae
Diamond18 (ordo)
Legate (ordo)
McCaber (ordo)
Eönwë/Steve (ordo)

Alive:

Aganzir
Boromir88
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Greenie
Gwathagor
Ilya
Lommy
Kath
mormegil
Nerwen
Nogrod
Rune
Sally
Shasta
The Ka
the phantom

Last edited by Feanor of the Peredhil; 11-15-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 09:31 PM   #800
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Rhyming is so much more fun...

Please, they said, kill Aganzir
Or if it’s easier
Just kill the seer.
The choice, of course, for the Moddess was clear:
“Off with her head!” quoth Fea with cheer.
The seer still lives, the wolves cringe in fear,
And I bid you to play, as the Day is now here.

---

Dead:

Fea
Mith
Rikae
Diamond18 (ordo)
Legate (ordo)
McCaber (ordo)
Eönwë/Steve (ordo)
Aganzir (ordo)

Alive:

Boromir88
Brinniel
Gil-Galad
Greenie
Gwathagor
Ilya
Lommy
Kath
mormegil
Nerwen
Nogrod
Rune
Sally
Shasta
The Ka
the phantom

--

Note: I'm starting the Day in real time because I can and because I'm tired. The wolves should feel free to continue PMing until their actual deadline. I dislike the notion of my impatience disrupting their mod-given rights to plot a full 24 hours.