The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 03-26-2006, 11:40 AM   #761
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Garin has just left Hobbiton.
Hello! Remember me?

Congratulations innocent villagers! (Including me) I did think the game was weighed a bit in favor of the villagers but it was a nice maiden voyage for the Lovers role. I wanted a werebear. Can you imagine?

Really... someday I'll get killed by somebody besides villagers.

I must apologize for the suicidal vote but I truly WAS overtaken by Nilp Fever. I was an ordinary Ordo fighting for my village and after The Guy's vote I just started typing and pressed the enter key. I swear that I am a logical person but also can be quite impulsive and emotional.

It was so heartwarming how some of the wolves were apologetic in either helping me get lynched or not preventing it. After that I wanted to scream Sam and Lhuna are wolves!! But you killed Garin.

Bastards.

Of course I was totally wrong about Glirdan and I also saw Littlemanpoet as a wolf until his necessary 'coming out.' Good job, m'boy. Glad to see you came back to WW.

Formendacil completely flew in under the radar .... WHICH, should have been my first clue. The fact that he was letting Gurthang take such a leadership role uncontested is, in retrospect, quite telling.

I'd say Gurthang is this game's MVP followed by LMP. Cailin also added a bunch to the game.

I have to agree with Spawn that Caranlondien was as fine a newcomer as I've ever seen.

I was impressed by the hardcore analysis displayed in the closing chapters of the game.

I would like to mention everyone and I probably will do so through rep points, some of you have already received them.

I must salute Nilp the Prophet because I really enjoyed my death scene, although I think it was partial revenge after insinuating he had an unsightly boil.

Anyways .... back to work

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Fyodor Dostoevsky "Notes From the Underground"
Garin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #762
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

the guy who be short has just left Hobbiton.
I too must praise Nilp. Trčs bien fait, monsieur. My death seen had me in fits of laughter... shall the legacy of the tree-frogs ever fail?
the guy who be short is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 01:33 PM   #763
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garin
Formendacil completely flew in under the radar .... WHICH, should have been my first clue. The fact that he was letting Gurthang take such a leadership role uncontested is, in retrospect, quite telling.

I'd say Gurthang is this game's MVP followed by LMP. Cailin also added a bunch to the game.
A bit of advice: if you don't like dying - innocent or guilty- don't contest a Known Innocent. If you do, you only come out looking guilty, so you'll be lynched anyway...

I have to say, I completely agree with Nilp about the overpowerful Seers. The Wolves already had one strike against them with the Lover in their midst. Two Seers just tipped the balance.

That said, the game could have been a Werewolf win- but for the Double-Lynchings. As I've said time and time and time again- I hate them. I really do. They tip the balance far too much to one side- to the village side in the case of having Known Innocents, and to the Werewolf side in the case of No Known Innocents.

Furthermore, to my way of thinking, they ruin the essential elements of bandwaggoning, scheming, and reckless debating that is the true fun of the game. They tend, by and large, to place power in the hands of select, village-guiding few.

So I think I may well hold to my wrathful promise of my rant-post and never play in another double-lynching game again. I really, really don't like them.

Now, to my own playing...

I think my problem is that I deliberately geared my game to the voting record. I consciously voted with the idea in mind of building myself a Good Reputation. The problem, though, is that such a reputation requires Ordos around at the end of the game to speak up on your behalf, and all of our Voting Record people had died off: LMP, Spawn, TGWBS... All that was left was the Gut Feeling people (for the most part), and here I was shot.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:51 PM   #764
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I should have been impersonated the Seer

Quite definetly... sure I would have died during the night, but what a fun time!! If I had been smarter, I'd have taken down Kath and Formen rather than Kath and Lhuna.... of course, LMP Might have came out but if not I would have definetly gone with a bang.

I GAVE YOU A WOLF!!!! I thought you'd understand that I was not the cobbler but rather the lover and that I had no interest in a wolvish win. Formen was playing a flawless game so far and I wanted to see how he wiggled out of that one.... but he didn't have to do much effort.

Still, good game everyone!! Caranlondien, if I had known you were Aiwendil's sister I would have definetly made a case against you.... one has a reputation to keep, eh?

Being the lover was a lot of fun. We were doomed since day 1, but it was fun all the same... and I almost had you all thinking that Kath was the one they had dreamt about, eh? *evil laugh* then LMP showed up and just destroyed my crazy theory.

LMP you are too smart.... that's a good thing.

Congratulations to the village, Gurthang you were definetly the hero... But good game to everyone!!!

To steal from Garin
MVP: Gurthang (Great leadership, sailed to the win)
Firsts Runner Up: Formendacil (Doomed by the double-lynch, but if not he'd have won)
Second Runner Up: LMP (You'd get the MVP if it wasn't for the other two)

Honourable mention: Spawn and Lhuna (just 'cos they are cool )

And also, Nilp..... great game!!! a pleasure to play in your game.... too bad I didn't get to play the town's Nilp but there were too many already.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:04 PM   #765
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Bah, Form. You under-estimate us.
I, for one, am well aware of the vote-principle. I am also well aware of what kind of player you are, and that you are very capable of subverting that principle.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #766
Naria
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Naria has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via MSN to Naria
Great game everyone....definatley had alot of fun in this one!!

Farael you...you, ahhh I can't say it! You had me fooled.

I knew Form was a wolf from about Day three....don't ask me how, I just knew....but couldn't figure out how to put it into words. Great job Form!!

I still can't believe that I made it all the way to the end....and with double lynchings *phew* dodged a bullet there....

Just a clarification--I would have gladly been a wolf again even though I probably would have been killed anyway....since I'm sooooo suspicious and scary *tee hee hee*

Hats off to Gurthang for his end of the Day vigils.

Off to do some repping....way to go villagers!!
Naria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:14 PM   #767
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Posted by Formendacil:
A bit of advice: if you don't like dying - innocent or guilty- don't contest a Known Innocent. If you do, you only come out looking guilty, so you'll be lynched anyway...
Before Gurthang was declared innocent he was surely guiding the other innocents. I think your experience would have driven you to confront him if you were indeed innocent and thought he was manipulating the village.

From the very first I thought Anguirel and Gurthang to be innocent but I completely ignored YOU-- Form. Never a good thing.

If I had stuck around I would've launched a Farael, Glirthan, Lhuna attack ... in that order.

Methinks you guys were better off without me.

EDIT: Form you ARE the wolven MVP but I am still playing my ORDO role and thusly hate you. For some reason i never thought you were a wolf and the last day was just incredible to me. I will look back upon your posts as a tutorial.

I am a sick man ... I am a spiteful man. I am an unpleasant man. I think my liver is diseased.

Last edited by Garin; 03-26-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:39 PM   #768
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
Aaah! I am so sorry I had to miss the final Day.

I'm very proud of all of you, villagers. I was sure it was Formendacil after last Night and I was very tempted to PM Gurthang about it when I found out I couldn't vote -how frustrated I was this morning-, but that would have been cheating. Besides, he had played excellent all game long and I was very glad to be able to rely on him.

Littlemanpoet, Spawn, you were wonderful Seers. I am quite honoured you chose to dream of me. Also well done SamwiseGamgee and Formendacil: if it weren't for double-lynching, you could probably have easily won the game. This game has proved double-lynches should be outlawed, I think.

Actually, I loved all of you this game. And Nilp... I was almost sad I was not killed because I didn't get a dead scene.

Eomer... see it wasn't me?

Reps will come later, I have too little time. Great game all. Happy I was along for the ride.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 02:40 PM   #769
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Being the lover was a lot of fun. We were doomed since day 1, but it was fun all the same... and I almost had you all thinking that Kath was the one they had dreamt about, eh? *evil laugh* then LMP showed up and just destroyed my crazy theory.
Did LMP do that before me? I didn't notice. And I thought I was special.

That said, very well done, LMP. You stayed out of the spotlight for much of the game, until you were forced into the open. And honestly, the way you went after me just made me laugh! The guy who be furry indeed.

The Lovers: An interesting addition. I'd love to see them again. However, the gender issue makes it far too easy to hunt them out. Maybe if people feel queasy, we can change the name but have them same-sex too? Something like Shirriffs, but mutually dependent? Or blood-brothers. Or something.
Old 03-26-2006, 02:59 PM   #770
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Form you ARE the wolven MVP but I am still playing my ORDO role and thusly hate you. For some reason i never thought you were a wolf and the last day was just incredible to me. I will look back upon your posts as a tutorial.
Don't study it too hard...

Half the village that was left was calling me lupine at that point.

Still, it was a fun run. I really hoped to survive to the end- and win- but the double-lynchings killed that. My only hope was to be in the SECOND round of double-lynchings, and to hopefully mess up the vote, ala Cobbler, on the last day.

It didn't work...
Old 03-26-2006, 03:01 PM   #771
Formendacil
Dead Serious

By the way, I'd like to say that I had an awesome time with my Wolfpack: Kath, Samwise- even the traitor Lhuna. I've never talked so much by PM as a Wolf, day or night. After Kath and Lhuna's death, it dropped off sharply, since neither Samwise nor I were inclined to verbosity.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:07 PM   #772
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Maybe if people feel queasy, we can change the name but have them same-sex too? Something like Shirriffs, but mutually dependent? Or blood-brothers. Or something.
Exactly TGBWS,

In the original discussion of the the LOVER SCENARIO someone stated that the possibility of a homosexual lover was necessarry but I saw support for that quickly dwindle.

Perhaps the best solution is yours... The Entwined.

Be it two brothers/sisters, two lovers, blood brothers, TWINS? ... someone who is entwined without the the necessity of sexual terminology.

Actually, I like the idea of twins.

They are known for their unseen connections, be it fraternal or maternal.

Last edited by Garin; 03-26-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:09 PM   #773
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Do the wolves care to post some of the tastier dialogue during their night-talk?

I extend the same to our Seers...

Old 03-26-2006, 03:17 PM   #774
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Do the wolves care to post some of the tastier dialogue during their night-talk?

I extend the same to our Seers...
Oh, there's a lot of tasty nighttime/daytime dialogue from the Wolves- at least before Kath's death, when things got pretty quiet.

Alas, but I have none of it... My PM box was filling up only slightly less faster than Nilp's (we had to resort to Repping him the name one night... I think he does it on purpose). And I rarely save PMs...

So, alas, my copies are gone.

Lhuna, Samwise, or Kath may have copies of some/all of it. If they do, I'd love to see it. It's fun stuff.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:40 PM   #775
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the guy who be short
Did LMP do that before me? I didn't notice. And I thought I was special.
Oh, Guy, you were also a pain... but even after our little sparring, there was still SOME air in my hot-air baloon... LMP just completely deflated it. Sorry if I went after your neck, I didn't want to look too loverish if I happened to survive the day.

I still think your plan was misguided, Kath would have slipped through the cracks =P after Lhuna, Kath and I died I wanted to PM you and tell you to go ahead with it, but that wouldn't have been fair
Old 03-26-2006, 03:46 PM   #776
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I have copies of all the PM's up to the end of the Day Lhuna and I were killed. I can post those on here but I warn you now it's long.

After that you'll have to rely on Form and Samwise's memories.
Old 03-26-2006, 03:52 PM   #777
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I have copies of all the PM's up to the end of the Day Lhuna and I were killed. I can post those on here but I warn you now it's long.

After that you'll have to rely on Form and Samwise's memories.
Actually, after you died, there wasn't all that much... We probably did two PMs each per day. Nothing like before!

P.S. Glad to hear you saved them... Really should have done that too...
Old 03-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #778
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ok, they're way too long to fit on here and I can't be bothered to cut and paste and all that malarkey so I shall post them on my LJ and provide a link at some point either today or tomorrow.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:30 PM   #779
SamwiseGamgee
Shade of Carn Dűm

SamwiseGamgee has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

I only have one PM saved, and it was a night one one:
Quote:
I would like to leave Eomer alive for the moment though (he's a guy, so don't think us lovers! ) because he will become more influential and if we wait until he's an obvious choice to eat then we'll basically give nothing of our little band away. Also, villagers will be suspicious of him because of his 'black-as-the-night-cold-blooded-evil-cretin' history!
Sorry, Eomer, but it made me laugh!

I do have this horrible regret that my choosing to vote Celuien was our wolfish undoing. However, I've got no regrets on how we played! Admittedly, losing two of our number to that double lynch wasn't ideal, but we managed to work with it.

Oh, and a confession: I PM'd Nilp around about day two or three asking if wolves could kill other wolves by night! Sorry, Form... I really wanted to win!
Old 03-26-2006, 04:54 PM   #780
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
That is *very* funny, Samwise.

I thought, (just before LMP outed himself), that Cailin must be the Seer. It was the way she was carefully doing lists of her innocents, inbetweens and suspects...
The lynching I most regretted was Guy's. (Even though I voted for Glirdan in the end) I started the Day thinking him furry as a furry thing could be, but by the end of that Day realised he was almost certainly innocent - but by that time it was too late.
These reps are taking ages to give out...too many good players...
Old 03-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #781
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseGamgee
I do have this horrible regret that my choosing to vote Celuien was our wolfish undoing. However, I've got no regrets on how we played! Admittedly, losing two of our number to that double lynch wasn't ideal, but we managed to work with it.
I wonder. My death does seem to have pointed you out as a wolf, Samwise. But if I'd made it through the night, the elaborate post I didn't get to use would have defended Elempi and somewhat suspected Fordy. Too much being honored and too good a record of picking innocents. Which would probably have gotten Elempi and me listed as the prime double lynch suspects for the day, leading to his Seer declaration again. Only I'd have been a known innocent and probably pushing for a Fordy/some other unknown double lynch.

I also thought Cailin was the other Seer.
Old 03-26-2006, 08:05 PM   #782
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Kath
Feed us a couple scraps.
There is no reason to jettison the entire cargo, you beast, you.
Well, off to Sushi.
By the way Sam and Lhuna, we are not on speaking terms...

Last edited by Garin; 03-26-2006 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:36 PM   #783
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caranlondien
Aiwendil is my brother, so I learned a lot from him.
Ah! That explains the intellectual acuity. It's in the genes. You did great, Caranlondien!

Thanks, everyone, for your kind words. I'd always wanted to play the seer, but actually doing it was really, really intense! And it forced me away from my new strategy back into my "shoot from the hip" way of previous games. Great fun!

Quote:
I quite agree, although Spawn would be if the wolves had taken me out instead of her. Just a result of their choice, really.

I really think there ought to be a "Rookie of the Game" award, and it ought to go to Caranlondien.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Furthermore, to my way of thinking, [double lynchings] ruin the essential elements of bandwaggoning, scheming, and reckless debating that is the true fun of the game. They tend, by and large, to place power in the hands of select, village-guiding few.
Perhaps the former part of this is accurate, but the latter part is the result of the seer being able to hand a list of known innocents to the ordo's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy
Or blood-brothers.
Or 'the oathbound'? Eh? Kinda like? Definitely Tolkienian, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celuien
I wonder. My death does seem to have pointed you out as a wolf, Samwise.
If I hadn't had the horrible luck of picking Celuien to dream about the Night the werewolves killed her, the game would have been a done deal a Day before it was, and with even more numerical certitude. I had the whole thing worked out. But it was not to be, alas.

Seer PMs coming soon... (like maybe tomorrow; I gotta get to bed!)
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #784
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Perhaps the former part of this is accurate, but the latter part is the result of the seer being able to hand a list of known innocents to the ordo's.
I disagree...

Even if the Seer dies too early to hand on a list, power tends to concentrate in the hands of a select few. Any game I've played with both Mormegil and Double-Lynchings has resulted in grand plans- except for Menel's game, when he was the Cobbler.

If the Seer were to die early, and the village were to get into its head that someone was innocent, that person could easily take control of the village.

Yes, the Known Innocents list helps, but it's definitely not necessary.

By the way, I love the idea of the Oathsworn. The Sons of Fëanor motif fits the role perfectly: fiercely loyal to each other, seemingly loyal to others, and doomed to failure...
Old 03-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #785
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Cailín, because we are the only ones who negate each other, it figures that, when on the same team, we will prove victorious.

Very funny, Samwise. I have informed that treacherous snake of a sister, Lhunardawen, that it was particularly tragic to be slain by my best friend. Leave your trust behind you in this game! I was quite ready to defend Samwise the day after I was killed. I was unhappy with the villagers for going after him, which made my delight at his unmasking all the greater.

Perish, fell lupine beast!

Caran, I enjoyed killing innocent villagers with your brother in a past life. Send my regards, won't you? And congratulations for this game!

Well done, Nilp.

Garin and Anguirel, I was very sorry to see you two go first. In the skill of entertaining, you are worth a village of your own.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:42 AM   #786
the guy who be short
Shadowed Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
Garin and Anguirel, I was very sorry to see you two go first. In the skill of entertaining, you are worth a village of your own.
I have to agree. Each of Anguirel's posts had me doubled up in laughter. If you two had lived and Farael had not been a Lover (freeing him to vote for himself) this could have been the craziest village ever.

Oathsworn sounds nice. Dark, too.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:25 AM   #787
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Ok Garin, since you asked so nicely. Here is Night 1's PMing:

Quote:
Nilps PM:
Hail, Lhunardawen of the Havens, Formendacil of the Daga, Kath of the Holy Mountain, and SamwiseGamgee of the Warg-lovers!

You were ordinary villagers, once . . .

. . . until one fateful day fell spirits under the dominion of Sauron, lieutenant of Morgoth, came to Ened-in-Nowhere and inhabited your bodies.

By DAY, you retain your fair semblance . . .

. . . but by NIGHT, the fell spirits take over your body and mind, and you are transformed into Werewolves.

You may talk among yourselves at any time, DAY or NIGHT, forming strategies and planning NIGHT kills. But beware: For one of you, love overcomes even the will of Morgoth himself.

Good luck, and good hunting.
Nilpaurion Felagund the Prophet.

Night 1 - Form
I am going to devour Nilp. He deserves it. I specifically told him I wanted to be an Ordo.

So what I am doing here as a Wolf, huh?

Who's with me? I say we eat Nilp!

I suppose it would be asking too much for the Werewolf who is the Lover to come out an proclaim him/herself? Alas...

Meanwhile, Day 1 tactics....

Be random, be vaguely suspicious: do NOT follow each other's patterns. Obvious stuff, really. We're all experienced somewhat at this game, I believe.

I'll probably do my usual Day 1 nonsense/silly opening post, and follow up with as many posts in a more sensible, albeit lighthearted "Day 1s are useless" vein as I can manage.

Night 1 – Lhuna
He tells me this is completely random, but can you believe him? This is absurd! I'm sure I'll have a wonderful time werewolfing with you guys.

Okay Formendacil, Nilp it is. ++NILP

A suicidal Lover? Tall order, that. I'm sure we'll find him/her as the game progresses, and we'll do with him/her and his/her lover as they deserve.

As always, we should commence on our Seeriffs hunt right away. They're a powerful duo and we CANNOT let them live long.

By the way, what say you on wolf-on-wolf votes? Is Day 1 safe enough for that? I think it's beginning to be a trend so villagers are more likely to look for possible Day 1 wolf-on-wolf votes now.

Don't worry, I won't go Lhunatic even with the Full Moon approaching. I have to be the least bit odd, though; it's expected of me. But I won't go so far as to be suicidal, I promise.

Oh look...we can PM Day and Night! This should be fun... *evil smilie*

Night 1 – Kath
Well, since I was wondering why we had started with a Day phase and why we had to kill Nilp Don't worry, I'm sure I'll get my act together eventually!

So two Seers. We've mostly experienced players this game so I doubt we'll get any slips in the game. Unfortunately all that leaves us with is dumb luck.

Lhuna if you think people will be watching for wolf-on-wolf votes perhaps we should do it and make that point for why suspicion lands on us. If that makes sense.

Now question, this wolf-lover, are they definitely going to betray us? Is that the entire point of their role?

Kath

Night 1 – SamwiseGamgee
Well, after some earlier confusion I'm glad to say I now know my fellow wolves.

So, wolf against wolf votes? Well, everyone is so incredibly paranoid in WW nowadays that I don't know how much trying to bluff, double bluff, triple bluff or even quadruple bluff will work. Still, we shall try!

I think we ought to focus on killing those pesky villagers before we turn on one another. This'll probably count against me, because it does sound pretty loverish. But I'm not, so there!

Night 1 – Form
I would say no...

The Lover's intent to is to survive with his/her lover until the end of the game. At this point in the game, therefore, there is no reason for the ends of the Lover to not be agreeable to the ends of the Wolves.

As long as we don't kill off the Innocent Lover, there is no reason why the Wolf Lover shouldn't be completely agreeable and acceptable to all of our plans.

Why, Kath, are YOU the Wolf Lover?

Night 1 – Lhuna
I didn't really mean turning on each other, just those innocent little seemingly random votes on a fellow wolf for the first Day. You know, those things that more or less clear you once the wolf you voted for is found out to be indeed lupine...

Then again, they can also be tricky. So why do it when someone else is worthy of our helpful votes, right?

Tricksy timezones. So sorry fellow wolves if I might be a bit of a hindrance because of it...

Night 1 – Form
Very tricky...

I managed it in Alcarillo's game, I may well not manage it again, were I to try...

The timezones are on them this time...

Thank you Spawn for your missed vote!

Anyway, I'll see you all on the other side.

Night 1 – SamwiseGamgee
Well, fellow lupines, it will soon be time. I'm toying with the idea of posting early- as in first post.
We may have to wait and see how things go, but perhaps we can pick up on someone voting early or being quiet. I know there are excuses on the original WW thread, but if we can get a bandwagon rolling. However, this could backfire: we don't want to be seen to be following one another.
Also: let's be very aware that there are double lynchings.
Finally: Form- how do you reply to PMs?
Feast well, my friends!

Night 1 – Lhuna
I'm online too, but I'm thinking if I should post early. Hmm...two early posters...and both lupine...

Thanks for reminding me of double-lynchings, Samwolf. We have to take advantage of that. Lynching two innocents side by side is a tradition.

I'll answer for Formendacil if it's okay: click on the "Quote" button.

The time draws nigh...

Night 1 – SamwiseGamgee
Not gonna have time to post early- now leaving for work, so feel free Lhuna
Old 03-27-2006, 05:02 PM   #788
Garin
Shade of Carn Dűm

Thanks, Kath...

Old 03-27-2006, 05:23 PM   #789
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Two things:

1) Great game

2) Does anybody read the original thread?? Or do you all go on and forget about it and vote for someone even though they can't defend themselves??? Grrr!!! I can't believe none of you realised that I hadn't posted once that day anywhere except for the original thread!! It's shocking!! Unless you did after I was lynched. Oh well, enough ranting.

Wolves, great job.

Lhuna, I had a feeling that you weren't at all ordinary from the get-go and (as you saw by a few things which I said [even though I mixed the names up{sorry about that btw}])I had a feeling you were a Lover.

Kath, great job on your first Werewolf role (I think).

Caran, great first game.

Everyone else, as I said above, great game!!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:03 PM   #790
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I admit that I tend to forget to check the original thread. I also admit that in your case, Glirdan, it wouldn't have mattered.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:42 AM   #791
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Wolf-logic is interesting...

A question: how much did you wolves use the right to pm during days?
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:39 AM   #792
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Glirdan: in this game you were, as is called, an inevitable sacrifice. It happens to all of us, don't worry!

And sorry for incriminating you so much.

At least we will both be remembered as righteous villagers.
Old 03-28-2006, 08:44 AM   #793
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Quote:
As much as we could! I shall prove it by posting Day 1's PMs a little later.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:21 AM   #794
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien
Wolf-logic is interesting...

Well, as Kath said, we PMed quite a bit, Day and Night, at the beginning. After Kath and Lhuna died, though, Samwise and I sort of stopped talking (which says a lot about the talkativeness of men vs. women), except for short dialogues on who to kill.

Mind you, though, when Kath was around, there were usually three of us on around 4:00-5:00 (my time, MST): Kath, Samwise, and me. Just before and after Day End/beginning, there'd usually be Samwise, Lhuna, and me- so having a third person around tended to spur us to talk more.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:51 PM   #795
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

You loved it really Form! Now, Day 1's PMs, as promised. Not as many as I thought actually.

Quote:
Day 1 - SamwiseGamgee
So, how go ye?

Nobody's being overly suspicious at the moment. There are many minor points of suspisciosness at the moment, but it's all pretty patchy, and I've just been picked up on making 'weak' accusations. (Though Cailin's behavior was odd, even given his explained absence.)

So, who do I think we could accuse: well, Glirdan has twice now (Posts # 15 & #41) overreacted somewhat to accusations against him. (As an aside, we must be careful not to do that, it's very sus.)

Garin in #28 responds to a silly comment from Eonwe. Why would he do that?

Very early on (#6) Thinlomien encouraged posting rarely- does she want to fly under the radar? Then in post #11 she reponds very quickly to an accusation- like 3 mins later.

Now obviously these are all written from an ordo viewpoint, which is how we have to float them on the thread.

Also, I think if one of us has a deciding vote to cause a double lynch we should opt out of it- could really help us later on.

Day 1 – Kath
Oh why oh why did you have to attack Cailin Samwise! I was going to suggest killing her tonight, as she seems rather close to our way of thinking. Course leaving her alive and using that to incriminate her could work but she's good at getting herself out of trouble.

Glirdan - well he's always a little touchy, I think people will just see it as him being him.

Garin - picks up on every comment thrown his way. Easy to annoy, he'll practically lynch himself because he gets so many villagers angry at him.

Lommy - loves werewolf, is likely hanging around a lot of the time which explains the quick posting. You are right though that she is surprisingly quiet. I think keeping an eye on her would be good.

Ang - being far too sensible for my liking. Day 1's he's usually off with inane comments and generally being unhelpful.

Now Samwise you and I are on lmp's substantial post list, which with him is equal to helpful ord on the first day at least. Staying there would be preferable!

Day 1 – Form
You never know, a little suspicion for us wouldn't be a bad thing. There's nothing wrong with being suspected- as long as you don't get lynched. In fact, being a little bit suspected is probably safer than being unsuspected.
Quote:
Glirdan - well he's always a little touchy, I think people will just see it as him being him.
And the longer he stays around- if everybody plays to form- then he can be a good alternative candidate to any of us.
Quote:
Garin - picks up on every comment thrown his way. Easy to annoy, he'll practically lynch himself because he gets so many villagers angry at him.
Quite so.
Quote:
Lommy - loves werewolf, is likely hanging around a lot of the time which explains the quick posting. You are right though that she is surprisingly quiet. I think keeping an eye on her would be good.
Could be school and/or timezones. I don't know how Finland fits in, but she could have been asleep/at school for most of the game thus far. Wait till the end of the day before making anything of this, say I.
Quote:
Ang - being far too sensible for my liking. Day 1's he's usually off with inane comments and generally being unhelpful.
Definitely someone to be rid of soon... If he doesn't point to any of us, let's kill him tonight before he can leave tracks.
Quote:
Now Samwise you and I are on lmp's substantial post list, which with him is equal to helpful ord on the first day at least. Staying there would be preferable!
Aye, keep up the good work.

I, alas, have a well-known aversion to Day 1s, and it would be best, for appearing normal, if I don't appear overly useful today.

Day 1 – Samwise
Well I just sided with Ang- which I'm immediately regretting. It's a big risk on day one, but I'm a knife-edge kind of wolf!

Now I forget who suggested lynching Ang, but he did make a subtle accusation about me in #51. We should bear that in mind, I think.

Day 1 – Samwise
Off to bed now. Darned timezones. I'll be getting up an hour before nightfall, so feel free to PM whenever you fancy. And if during the night things turn against me feel free to vote against me- just don't cast the deciding vote against me! Then I will be mad!
Old 03-28-2006, 10:20 PM   #796
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

seer to seer pms

Night 1:

Spawn: So, our first dream... We should probably pick someone who doesn't usually get killed early on, like Kath or Lalaith. What do you think?

LMP: Alternative method: 'scry' the one about whom not knowing is likely to create the greatest confusion for the village in the first few days. My choices would be Eomer, Anguirel, Lhuna, and Guy.

Spawn: I was thinking about Lhuna, too. Somehow she's always supected although she has been innocent, so maybe it's good to find out her role as soon as possible.

I've never played with Lommy or Caranlondien, so I don't know about their playing style which is a bit scary. I'm up for dreaming of Lhuna toNight. We'll be wiser after Day 1, I hope, and then our dream doesn't have to be just a guess anymore.

As to our playing strategy... We probably should just play as we normally do. Leaving clues won't be necessary this early on, I think, since there are two of us, so it's not like all the information would go in waste if one of us gets killed or lynched. Although, the fact that there are two Seers would allow leaving hints better than usually because of the same reason.

LMP: Lhuna is a good choice I think. In WWJ5 Lommy was loud and constantly spinning theories about this person or that person, trying to drum up response, support, what have you. I expect the same behavior from her this game. If she's innocent, that kind of behavior is a very good thing.

Caranlondien is brand new to the Downs and werewolf. Learning curve there probably, so look for rookie mistakes and what-not.

If we dream of a werewolf, only one of us should vote for that person on the following Day, because the werewolves will be looking for pairs voting against werewolves; handy clue-finder for seer hunting.

Spawn: I agree about the voting. Let's find out if Lhuna's guilty or not, and then see if we need to do something about her in the next few Days.

Day 1:

Spawn: Lhuna was a good choice for a dream, I see.

I guess we play just like two Ords for starters i.e. no clues, right? It might be too early to say anything against Lhuna unless she does something really odd toDay. In any case, if we have been given the possibility to talk behind the scenes during Day, too, why not use it?

As to our next dream, I think we've got a sign: we might have to pick Garin or Valier.

LMP: Lhuna will be so ticked when she finds out at the end (or sooner). I'll play this as according to my new "analytical" mode, which, if Lhuna says anything suspicious, she'll get a "tick" on my "tick-sheet". That may not lead to her being the most suspicious on my list. One of us votes for her toDay?

Spawn: I think I sort of try to make friends with Lhuna first, but if she does something suspicious, I'll point that out. Let's see how this Day gets going and if it's possible to vote for Lhuna without getting caught.

I'm just trying to write my post where I'll comment Lhuna and Lalaith's suggestions.

Hmm, is this 'tick-sheet' something you do in public or is it for your personal use?

LMP: The "tick sheet" is personal use, off of which I build my posts. See WWJ5 Day One for the only example so far. It caught The Ka as our Day One lynch victim, so its success rate is currently 100%.

Lhuna's first post raises a question for me. "Precisely how many is spread too thin?" She's trying to be coy for obvious reasons (to you and me they are), so we'll see if a little probing reveals anything useful.

Spawn: Okay, sounds like good method.

Yeah. Also, I was wondering Eomer's behaviour. I know he and Lhuna are friends, but Eomer can be a bold wolf.

I hope more people will join the discussion soon so that we can get some real accusations instead of all this tactics talk.

LMP: You echo my thinking regarding Eomer/Lhuna. A useful hypothesis, worth keeping in mind. Watch and see further developments. So far the only negative things I show are those I've asked "why" or "more info please" in my one post.

Cailin's early vote for Lalaith.... Any thoughts?

Whereas Lalaith says something rather substantive in post #31, I tend to disagree. If anything, it seems the werewolves are going to be more cautious, not less. Therefore they would be less likely to vote for each other, don't you think? Trying to think like a werewolf who is not the Lover here..... I have a half-time ally, half-time traitor; the guy/gal wants to kill with me, but eventually wants me gone, which I want of him/her too. But I don't want to willy nilly make the mistake of getting rid of the two other non-lover wolves, so I'm going to work my butt off toward two goals:

1. eliminate the seers as soon as possible.

2. eliminate the ordo lover as soon as possible; this second virtually eliminates the Lover angle, for the Lover-werewolf can still win as fellow werewolf, just as the Lover-ordo can still win as fellow ordo... right?

End, Night 1 & Day 1
Old 03-29-2006, 04:06 AM   #797
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Fascinating stuff, dear seers and wolves.

I'm still not clear how I escaped the night I was supposed to be eaten, and Celuien was instead.
Were the two wolves in disagreement about who to eat? Was Celuien mistaken for the Seer, as I maintained? Did Form think I was the Seer or was I just a safe victim?
Old 03-29-2006, 11:20 PM   #798
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalaith
Fascinating stuff, dear seers and wolves.

I'm still not clear how I escaped the night I was supposed to be eaten, and Celuien was instead.
Were the two wolves in disagreement about who to eat? Was Celuien mistaken for the Seer, as I maintained? Did Form think I was the Seer or was I just a safe victim?
Okay, I'll try and explain...

That day I was working, so I was not on at the time of Day that Samwise and I were normally able to talk and make a decision.

Since we didn't have time to talk, when I got on later, I sent Nilp a PM- with your name, since I wanted to make sure SOMEONE died, and you were the first choice.

Fortunately for you, Samwise had done the same thing a few hours earlier. As Nilp's rules stated, the first name in got the kill.

It had nothing to do with disagreement, just a lack of talking and certain hedging of bets. Neither of us wanted to see no Kill for the Night, and we clearly weren't going to be on in time to talk...

EDIT: And yes, Lalaith, I thought you might be a Seer- but I wanted you dead anyway. Smart people irk me in Werewolf...
Old 03-29-2006, 11:53 PM   #799
Gurthang
Sword of Spirit

Gurthang has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally posted by Kath from a PM of Samwise
Also, I think if one of us has a deciding vote to cause a double lynch we should opt out of it- could really help us later on.
Ack! Great strategy, as this was one reason that I thought Samwise was innocent. I should have taken my own advice that wolves would be completely willing to do anything.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:59 AM   #800
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil
Smart people irk me in Werewolf...
No wonder I lasted so long...