The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-04-2003, 10:10 PM   #41
Vardamar
Haunting Spirit

Vardamar has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

I have this cool screen capture of the prologue on the DVD. Its the sceen where you see the company of men marching towards the orcs, at the beginnig of the battle. My sisters got one of the Balrog.
Old 02-05-2003, 08:28 AM   #42
vanwalossien
Shade of Carn Dūm

vanwalossien has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Samwise: He looks like he's at least eight, so a little too old to be in preschool maybe, but how can he possibly be 22?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:50 PM   #43
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Samwise has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Samwise
Sting

Quote:
I made my own screensaver, it's that one that comes on your desktop called "my pictures screen saver"
Mine is, now, too--and though not all--the MAJORITY of the pics are either of the Hobbits or 'Lij and Sean.
*A bit OT:*
Recently, on my LOTR Yahoo! site, someone posted a link to BABY pictures of both 'Lij and Sean!!!! There are more baby pics of 'Lij, but both are SOOOOO DARLING !!! There was one of Sean captioned "Very Baby Sean" where he was maybe a few months old and asleep in his mother's arms. I about melted. I've got to put that in "My Pictures" so it will be part of the screen saver.... [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 08:52 PM   #44
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Van:
Quote:
How could he be 22?
I do NOT know... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Giving thanks unto the Father...In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.~Colossians1:12a,14
I am Samwise son of Hamfast, if by hoe or trowel I can get these weeds out of your garden, I will.You have my shears!;)
Old 07-13-2003, 09:41 PM   #45
Neferchoirwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Neferchoirwen has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Neferchoirwen
Sting

I had the Hobbit hole with Gandalf coming to visit Bilbo...But my brother changed it to a picture of Mike Portnoy's drumset. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I appreciated it after about a few days...

And about the Elijah Wood phenomenon discussed almost a year ago...my mom likes ELijah's face too!

But I saw a cool screen saver of the Fellowship in Moria, where one of the entrances was glowing with bold shafts of light. Another monitor had Frodo and Legolas' faces interchanging. In fact, all of the computers in the Literature department where I study has LotR screen savers!
Neferchoirwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2003, 10:12 PM   #46
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Here's an update since I lasted posted here nearly a year ago:

My desktop is currently a collage of Eowyn I created and I now have 71 LOTR pictures in my file. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2003, 10:10 AM   #47
Meela
Denethor's True Love

Meela has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Before my hard drive collapsed I had a lovely picture of the Fellowship as my desktop picture. Unfortunately someone changed it to a pic of Vin Diesel. Fortunately Marton Csokas was also in the picture.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:50 AM   #48
Oddwen
Drummer in the Deep

Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Oddwen is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Sting

Currently, in OS X for a desktop picture I have Frodopeep from the LordofthePeeps website. I'll tell ya, Elijah Wood don't have nothin' on the actor they picked for their version. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] And for screensaver a bunch of random floaty pics, most of which are captioned screenshots from TTT and FotR trailers that I downloaded.
And in OS 9, desktop is the same bunch of pictures, while the screensaver is "Dark Rider" from the official site.

Oddwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #49
Aragost
Wight

Aragost has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Aragost
Sting

Mine desktop is the Eye of Sauron. No black around it only red flames. I got it from
Old 07-29-2003, 12:50 PM   #50
Sirithheruwen
Shade of Carn Dūm

Sirithheruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

I used to have a Nazgul descktop, but then we moved the fam comp downstairs, and my dad made me change it. It's just my luck to have anti-lotr parents. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Oh well, I'm used to it. I have an uncle that loves LOTR, but he lives in another country. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Back to the subject...no I just have a plain blue desktop. BORING!!!
Old 07-29-2003, 09:56 PM   #51
Samwise
Faithful Spirit

Sting

Plain blue.....? Aw, man...

This has more to do with my screen saver than my desktop, and while it's not REALLY LOTR, hey, it's an actor!

I have a "My Pictures" screen saver, and I recently added a family picture of the Astins, which includes their baby girl. It is TOO adorable! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2003, 11:17 PM   #52
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin
Shade of Carn Dūm

Location: Road to Rivendell: 2491 miles from Hobbiton, with Frodo and Sam, homeward bound
Alatįriėl Lossėhelin has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

My wallpaper and screen savers (both on my home PC and work PC) are all LotR. I have probably in excess of 600-700 different photos of the different characters/actors/LotR artwork/parody photos, etc. I usually change out weekly: one week all Elijah/Frodo, next week all Orlando/Legolas/Will Turner, then Sean/Sam, Viggo/Aragorn, Sean/Boromir...well, you get the picture.
Old 07-29-2003, 11:50 PM   #53
steve
Wight

steve has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to steve
Sting

I got 2 screen savers, one is a clip show of all the charachters from both movies. the second one is a joke i made, i turned lotr into the matrix useing pics from the movies
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 11:05 AM   #54
Raefindel
Sword of the Spirit

Raefindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Raefindel
Sting

I got my screen saver from This site.

They have lots of cool ones.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:37 PM   #55
Amarantha_Daisy
Wight

Amarantha_Daisy has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

For a background I currently have a lovely picture of Galadriel. Of course, it won't be there long, I change my background every few hours ...I'm so sparatic...

I don't have a LotR screensaver, I just have a default Windows one. I couldn't find any LotR ones I liked, but you know what? I'm gonna go find one now... Or make a "My Pictures" one... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]