The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-12-2005, 12:15 AM   #41
Lyta_Underhill
Haunted Halfling

Location: an uncounted length of steps--floating between air molecules
Lyta_Underhill has just left Hobbiton.
Another Third Age saga...

Quote:
It was the Third Age of Mankind, ten years after the Earth-Minbari War...
Sound familiar to anyone? I figured it was de rigeur for someone with the moniker Lyta Underhill to at least pop a bit of Babylon 5 into this thread! After all, it shares MANY themes with Lord of the Rings and even steals from it a bit (*ahem*-Z'ha'Dum!) Were the Technomages the outer space equivalent of the Elves, passing through Babylon 5 on their way "Beyond the Rim?" (Their sense of humor reminds me somewhat of the "Tra-la-la-lally" version as well as the grave "passing West" variety...) All those "Old Ones" taking the Elder Children (Vorlons and Shadows) with them Beyond the Rim, leaving Sheridan/Aragorn to rebuild in the 4th Age? And about those Rangers...

OK, I've gone on about this before, but, in a thread like this, I couldn't resist!

Cheers!
Lyta, 7th Age Scary Telepathic Hobbit
“…she laid herself to rest upon Cerin Amroth; and there is her green grave, until the world is changed, and all the days of her life are utterly forgotten by men that come after, and elanor and niphredil bloom no more east of the Sea.”
Lyta_Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote