The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2007, 06:59 AM   #41
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Two minutes...

This isn't looking good. If none of them are wolves, the death of three innocents at once will be devastating..
Old 07-27-2007, 07:00 AM   #42
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Day has ended. Consequently: shh.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #43
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Am I really that evil looking?" asks Durelin sadly as the villagers lead her to the square. The deaths will occur one at a time, lest three werewolves have been captured and transform at the time of death. The village can protect itself from one attack at a time, but to have three attacking at once? And, of course... ladies first.

Legate and Menel are held bound within a home not far away. A pair of villagers guard them.

They hear the screams of Dury as she dies. They wonder if the village has caught a wolf; their deaths will not be in vain if they take the evil with them. They are willing to sacrifice their own blood, their own breath, for the sake of the many. Their guards lean forward and in their eyes, Legate sees cruelty.

"She was not a wolf, then, was she?" asks Menel.

"No." laughs the villager, grinning maliciously. "She was not."

"And I'm not..." whispers Legate.

"No." says the second guard. "You are not."

"We thank you." laughs the first guard. "You are giving your innocent lives for our cause. Nothing could have been orchestrated this beautifully, even if the village had tried."

"None of us..."

"No. None. All innocents. Beautiful, is it not? Perfect. A work of art."

The two damned souls begin to scream for aid. The two hidden wolves slit their throats before words can be formed. When the village comes to investigate, they explain that the prisoners had attacked. They'd had no choice but to act swiftly.

"We thought they were transforming, their shrieks were so crazed." explains one guard.

"But they were innocent..." mourns one villager.

"And so was she..." whispers another.

"We've killed three of our own..."

---

Dead:

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)

Alive:

Brinniel
CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Lalwendë
Mithalwen
Shastanis Althreduin
the phantom
The Saucepan Man

---

Seer, dream. Wolves, kill.

Village, hush, but one question (rhetorical)... How did you let that happen?
Old 07-28-2007, 07:56 AM   #44
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Every villager (except the three that is) went to bed with troubled hearts. They had just lynched three of their own and knew that another would be dead by morning.

The villagers all sauntered back to their beds, three of them had trouble hiding their glee over their days work. And they couldn't wait until they would be able to openly express their joy.

As night went on all the villagers slowly dozed off to a restless sleep. Yet, unbeknownst to all of them, there were three who met in secret.

'Wow what a day' exclaimed one who was quite pleased. 'I mean I would have given 5 dollars to make sure all three of us made it through the first day. I would have paid 30 dollars to lynch three pathetic ilks during the day. But having the pleasure of seeing Legate's face when I slit his throat...priceless.'

'It's amazing what a bunch of paranoid, clueless, and leaderless villagers will do to eachother.' laughed another.

But the one who was the most level-headed of the pack wanted to make sure the two companions didn't lose focus.

'Tonight was a great victory for us. We could not have asked for a better Day. But don't get too fat just yet. There is still strength amongst these villagers, they may not have shown it yesterday but if they are actually able to unite together we're doomed.'

'Oh stop being such a pessimistic-Peter.' the wolf laughed at its own alliteration.

But the level-headed wolf was not amused. 'I'm being serious. We have business tonight, we need to choose our victim. And we really need to get this Seer out of the picture before it gets too much information. So who's it going to be?'

------------------

Meanwhile a villager, who was not so ordinary, was stirring in sleep. The villager suddenly woke startled from the dream. The villager had just acquired new information that may be of help to the beleagered innocents. But the villager also couldn't help but to fear someone was watching. Someones...or somethings...were on the hunt. All went dark and the villager, who had a special dream, remembered nothing else that night.

-----------------

As the village began waking up and one-by-one all met at the town center. They knew their woes from yesterday would only get worse, and once they noticed one of them was missing, their hearts sank even more.

'Brinniel!' cried one villager bowing her head.

Another villager who always tried to remain optimistic said 'Well, maybe she just overslept. You know that happens.' But even he was not convinced by this.

The entire village made their way to Brinniel's house and were horrified, but not surprised, at what they found. Brinniel lie on her bed, her throat was cut, and a pillow laid over her head. She was innocent, and she never had the chance to put up a fight.

One brave villager walked up and removed the pillow. 'Dead.' He exclaimed.
There were some mutters of 'Thanks Captain Obvious.'

'Well at least she went out in her sleep, peacefully, not being tortured at the sight of her attackers.' said another villager.

And with that the village made their way back to the town center in hopes of putting the awful first day behind them, and turning their fortunes around starting now.

---------------------

Dead

Night One: Boromir88 (scholar) and Fea (wife)
Day One: Legate (innocent), Durelin (innocent), Menel (innocent)
Night Two: Brinniel (innocent)

Alive

CaptainofDespair
Gil-Galad
Holbytlass
Kath
Lalwendë
Mithalwen
Shastanis Althreduin
the phantom
The Saucepan Man

-----

Allright, Day 2 has begun. You all know what to do. And let's try to avoid a triple lynching this time.

Last edited by Boromir88; 07-28-2007 at 08:06 AM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 09:18 AM   #45
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

You've got to be kidding.

A triple lynching!!

So, what, everyone decided they wanted to spot the WWs two free days of work?

That's why I hate voting early- cause then I'm not around to control things at the end. I'm not doing that again. I'm going to wake up an hour earlier than usual just so I can vote at the end. I hope you're happy about making me lose sleep.

I wish I really was the Cobbler. Then I could just laugh about this.

Should we lynch Lal as a penalty for not voting and thus allowing the triple lynch? I was planning on letting Lal stick around in this game and defending her all the time just because I've never had the chance to play with her before, but I'm not sure I can hold to that resolve now.

Here is the voting from yesterday.

Durelin for Legate
Menel for Durelin
Holby for Menel
Shasta for Menel (2)
phantom for Durelin (2)
Legate for Durelin (3)
Kath for Mith
Brin for Menel (3)
Mith for Legate (2)
SPM for Legate (3)
Old 07-28-2007, 09:27 AM   #46
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Hey, at least there is a silver lining, folks. If we do another triple lynch today we can go down in WW history as participants in the SHORTEST GAME EVER!!

Let's do it!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:09 AM   #47
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am here and will stay for awhile butI am going to have to go and not return due to access problems. Mind you after yesterday's fiasco an early vote from me is probably no bad thing.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 10:17 AM   #48
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

What a complete mess! I am sorry for my part in it, but I has to vote when I did, as I had to rush off to a meeting. But even after my cross-post with Mithalwen, it wouldn't have happened had one of the three who didn't vote bothered to do so. Lal has explained in the Admin thread why she missed voting (although it seems from what she said that she wouldn't have broken the three-way tie anyway), but I am somewhat suspicious of the no-votes from Gil and CoD. If one of them is a Wolf and was around at the time, all they had to do was sit back silently and watch the car crash happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
That's why I hate voting early- cause then I'm not around to control things at the end. I'm not doing that again. I'm going to wake up an hour earlier than usual just so I can vote at the end.
I was thinking much the same, but if we all hold our vote 'til the very end then chaos could ensue once more. Those of us around at the end (and I plan to be) must make sure that we avoid cross-voting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Let's do it!
No, let's not ...

So, why Brinniel? She was fairly quiet, but then most of us were. I can't see anything to suggest that she might have been the Seer, but it's worth looking at who she suspected. She didn't make any strong accusations, but the names that she mentioned were Menel, Legate, Durelin and the phantom. The phantom is the only one of those still alive so, on the face of it, her death points to him. However, I wonder whether the phantom would be that clumsy. If anything, I suspect that it may have been an attempt to frame him. Then again, I am slightly wary of his vote yesterDay, so I am most certainly not crossing him off my list. A phantom Wolf is a dangerous thing indeed.

My thoughts on the voting coming up.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:28 AM   #49
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
For the record I wasn't "holding my vote" , It was just that due to sleep and work it was either vote after about 2 posts or at lunchtime the next day. I am afraid that in the very limited time I had that I hadn't correctly grasped the situation - I thought voting was finishing at 3 our time and that Menel was a vote ahead of Dury and so the multiple lynch thing hadn't occurred. The full horror of the situation only became clear to me too late. I really didn't think Menel or Dury were guilty but obviously it wouldhave been better to lose just the one.....

Old 07-28-2007, 10:51 AM   #50
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe Day 1 voting

Durelin: Legate (Legate 1)
Menel: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 1)
Holby: Menel (Legate 1, Durelin 1, Menel 1)
Shasta: Menel (Legate 1, Durelin 1, Menel 2)
Phantom: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 2, Menel 2)
Legate: Durelin (Legate 1, Durelin 3, Menel 2)
Kath: Mithalwen (Legate 1, Durelin 3, Menel 2, Mithalwen 1)
Brinniel: Menel (Legate 1, Durelin 3, Menel 3, Mithalwen 1)
Mithalwen: Legate (Legate 2, Durelin 3, Menel 3, Mithalwen 1)
SpM: Legate (Legate 3, Durelin 3, Menel 3, Mithalwen 1)

Did not vote: Lalwende, Gil-Galad, Captain of Despair

I was suspicious of the Durelin and Menel bandwagons yesterDay and I remain so, as they gathered pace quickly and relatively early on. As I said, the phantom’s vote for Durelin, which put her level on 2 votes with Menel, looks rather suspiciously random for him and, given that he is the only Durelin voter still with us, I do have some concerns about him, and not just the paranoid ones that I always have when playing with him.

I suspect that there was one Wolf, but no more, among the Menel voters. Brinniel is dead, so that leaves Holby and Shasta. At the time both of them voted, there had, I think, already been a fair amount of suspicion cast in Menel's direction. I would like to hear more from both of them, but unfortunately it appears that Holby will not be with us toDay.

If there was a Wolf among those who voted for Legate, then it has to be Mith, as Durelin is dead and I am innocent. So far, however, Mith doesn’t strike me as Wolfish.

Other than the no-voters, the only person not to vote for one of those lynched was Kath. Her vote for Mithalwen, who had very little prospect of being lynched, was a very safe vote. Kath is therefore high in my suspicions at the moment, although it seems that she too may not be around much toDay.

Finally, we have the no-voters. There could well be a Wolf there, particularly given the consequences of their no-votes. As I said, Lal has given an explanation on the game thread, and we have to believe her on that, although it doesn‘t follow that she is innocent. As for Gil and CoD, there is little to go on, so it would be nice to hear more from them toDay too.

So, on the basis of the voting, I am most suspicious of Kath, and I think that there may well be a Wolf in each of the Holby/Shasta and Gil/CoD duos. Other than that, I have some concerns about the phantom and Lal, but currently think Mith more likely innocent than not.

It's still early Days though (provided we don't mess up again toDay).
Old 07-28-2007, 11:15 AM   #51
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

I am inclined to agree that there is likely to be a wolf in the non voters - why would they spoil a perfect situation? I need to have a serious read through. Need to check something...

Old 07-28-2007, 11:35 AM   #52
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I'm looking through the posts of each living person one at a time. I've finished looking at Brin though, and I don't see anything at all that would send up a Seer-flag in the mind of a WW.

Very odd.

I'll be back in a bit.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:44 AM   #53
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

If we are draging up Fea's last village .... you might say you won fair and square Sauce but that doesn't change the fact that I was right......

As for Brin ... my guess is that the wolves chose someone who hadn't attracted much suspicion either by words or vote.

I don't see anyone suggesting that they are gifted and no wolf pack is going to kill an innocent Gil during the night unless he had revealed himself as gifted . There is always too good a chance of getting him lynched.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:59 AM   #54
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
You can blame the Daily Mail and their OTT reporting of policies for me not voting - you can blame them for a lot of things no doubt, but you can blame them for that. I'm still annoyed now...

I wasn't going to vote for anyone on that pack anyway - however I can't honestly say that had I managed to get back to my desk on time that I wouldn't have changed my mind seeing a triple lynch coming up. There you go - it's up to you if you choose to punish me for it. I personally don't think you should.

Anyway, I want to know about Gil and Captain. Why didn't they vote?

As for the voting pattern, Shasta jumped in at a very 'safe' point there. That's odd to me.

Kath didn't raise my hackles there too much - it's reasonable for a psychologist to want to 'test' someone Unless she's in league with Mith of course. But then the point at which Sauce jumps in and votes would be more suspicious than the point at which Mith does it. Unless Mith, Sauce & Kath are in cahoots - and I don't think Mith and Sauce mention each other too much...

Phantom foxes me right now...as does Holby.
Old 07-28-2007, 12:13 PM   #55
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

OK I have little time lesft so I must decide soon. Right there are nine of us left 3 wolves one seer.

Brinniel was one of the higher posting players yesterday with 5 posts. Some were short but she maintained a good presence. I don't know if Fea actively picked the wolves but if this is classic ww should there not be Loud, quiet and flying under the radar wolf?

Of course there might be 3 quiet/inexperienced or three legends but ..... from my perspective (and I am innocent btw), there are TP, SpM and Kath who are legendary and tricksy in various ways. Holby who I have played with seldom but who has a fearsome reputation. Lal who was a wolf the only time we met and I am strugling to avoid prejudice based on this.

Shasta I have played with but not enough to read with any confidence, Gil who is always baffling but occasionally touched by genius and CoD an unknown quantity as far as WW goes but I know he can spin a fine yarn.

My guess is 1 wolf among hte last 3 and 2 from the others but of course this is one of those instinctive judgements that Sauce will probably find annoying

Kath has been quiet, I can't make head nor tail of Lal's first post and in her second she started a commentary on others behaviour without actually contributing which can be a wolf trick... or it could have been because there was little else to do. No vote was concerning.

Holby I find most suspicious at the moment. Her list could have just been a "fishing trip" but it could have been a way of mentioning folk in a way that might be discounted... . So have to go but I am sorry for picking an absentee - a cheap shot but my best for now. Good luck.

++ Holbytlass

Old 07-28-2007, 12:22 PM   #56
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I've almost finished my look at everyone. Unfortunately, I have a little errand that will not wait.

I'll say this much right now- from what I've reread, there were other individuals who looked liked the Seer much much more than Brin did. But naturally I'm not going to discuss who my Seer suspects are.

I'll be back within two hours, this time to post actual information.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:55 PM   #57
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

CaptainofDespair has just left Hobbiton.
Oh my...

Well, I do apologize for not voting. It might have actually done something (which is to say, it usually does nothing), like prevent a triple lynching. I was unable to vote when I could have, as Saucepan Man was the last person to post (which came right after my only one) and I thus had absolutely nothing to go on. Work then called (after a good sleep), leaving me occupied until 4pm EST the next day.

It would have been unwise to just throw a vote out there...

In any case, I will try to be more helpful today, if possible.

Brinniel's death does not provide any answers, or even a hint to those answers at the moment. It seems rather...random? She did not exhibit much that would lead her to be a target in my mind. And so it appears to be more of a shot in the dark, so to speak, than anything else.

And I cannot decipher any wolf-ish behavior out of what occurred during the time leading up to the triple lynching. Perhaps hindsight makes it seem more like human error than it is, but having not been present I cannot "feel" anything within the posts. Since this Day is a weekend, I am free and should be able to participate more to the extent that I can be in "the moment" and thus pick up on intangibles that are lost after the fact.
CaptainofDespair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:18 PM   #58
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right, I'm back.

HOLBY
Vote choice and timing: not wolfish
Feel: Post 20 makes me slightly uncomfortable, but the others are fine.

MITH
Vote choice and timing: slightly wolfish
Feel: Nothing in her posts sets off alarms. She's playing well.

GIL
Vote choice and timing: no vote
Feel: There's not much to go on.

LAL
Feel: Posts 9 and 30 rub me the wrong way, and I don't like her non-vote.

KATH
Feel: I'm not getting a feel for her, and it bothers me.

CAP
Feel: He does not make me particularly suspicious. But we don't have much info.

SPM
Feel: He is not coming across as innocent or guilty to me. Hmm...

SHASTA
Feel: His list reminds me of Boro, Ang, and me while Werewolfing.

TP
Feel: He was quiet yesterday, but then so was everyone else.

My leanings....

I won't vote for the phantom (duh!).

I don't want to vote for Mith, Kath, Gil, or Cap at this time.
Old 07-28-2007, 04:21 PM   #59
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hmm.

I'll put out there that at this time I'm most suspicious of Kath, who put in a throwaway vote for Mith when the Menel and Durelin bandwagons were already going strong. I'm also suspicious of all the non-voters... but, oddly enough, not so much Lal, as I understand where she's coming from. I myself have to go to work in... ten minutes. I'll be back before the deadline though, and cast my vote then.

Another oddity before I go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the plot
'Oh stop being such a pessimistic-Peter.' the wolf laughed at its own alliteration.
It's probably nothing, but I could construe that to mean Peter Jackson... aka Sauce.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #60
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Message to Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
It's probably nothing, but I could construe that to mean Peter Jackson... aka Sauce.
The narration of this game does not hold clues.

Would it be cruel and unnecessary manipulation to add 'at least nothing that transparent'?
Old 07-28-2007, 04:37 PM   #61
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendë is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
I have a suspicion about who the Seer might be but I don't think I ought to say this outright in case the wolves pick them up. But they have brought something up which makes me think one of the non-voters is indeed a Wolf.

Still not suspicious of Kath, in contrast to what Shasta says, I reckon why would a wolf go for such an obvious choice of a throwaway vote? I don't think that's Kath's wolfing style - but then I'll leave that thought with you more experienced folk and see what you guys think of her. Not suspicious of Mith either. Which also rules out Sauce for me right now. Much as I disagree with Shasta above, there's nowt fishy there either.

Which leaves me with Captain, Gil, Phantom and Holby. Two of those are of course non-voters - so I reckon we must have a combo of either Captain/Gil/Phantom or Holby or a combo of Captain or Gil/Phantom/Holby.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #62
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Hmm.

I'm also suspicious of all the non-voters... but, oddly enough, not so much Lal, as I understand where she's coming from. I myself have to go to work in... ten minutes. I'll be back before the deadline though, and cast my vote then.

How can that be construed that way? Perhaps I'm missing some insider information. But it is not important, as any thing that needs to be twisted for something to be made of it is worthless.

Moving on.

Now, how can you be suspicious of me (another non-voter) and not Lal? My reasoning is quite similar, as I have to get up very early for work and cannot thus be counted on to vote if nothing is really going on when I leave the forums for the night.

I think you have a terrible double standard there, and you may have garnered some suspicion from me. In accepting Lal's explanation as reason to diminish or dismiss suspicion, and not my own, you have potentially set yourself up as a wolf cohort of Lal, should she be one.

However, I do not think Lal is a wolf, but you are certainly on my radar now, Shastanis. There could be other reasoning for your lack of Lal suspicion, but I have yet to see an explanation that will suffice.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #63
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Aye as Fea said there are no clues to be found in the narration...that was just me having fun with an inside joke. Instead of saying the popular 'debbie downer', a couple friends have used different ones...like 'pessimistic-Peter' 'negative-Nancy' and 'sadistic-Scotty' to name a few.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:42 PM   #64
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yeesh, this village is quiet. Painfully quiet. When people don't open their mouths much it's more difficult to get a read.

Unfortunately I can't generate much noise myself due to my schedule. Bah.

I'll be back before the deadline to make sure we don't cut our time down by two days again with a triple lynch.
Old 07-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #65
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

FYI- the people that I said I didn't want to vote for... I never said I didn't suspect any of them. I just don't want to kill them today for one reason or another.
Old 07-28-2007, 10:25 PM   #66
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
i amdit to quietness... well forgetfullness mostly... and i tempted by phantoms record breaking WW game

++Boromir88

let us begin the random lynchings!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 10:33 PM   #67
CaptainofDespair
Shade of Carn Dűm

Well instead of missing the voting deadline once more, I think I'll make an early vote just to be on the safe side just in case something comes up (which according to information I have it is likely).

Due to this uneasy quiet, I don't think I'll get much more out of today's discussion. So, my vote goes to:

++Shastanis

Be aware that this vote is not out of any conviction I have that Shantanis is a wolf. Rather, I am unable to get any reads on anyone else and as such must simply go after the only one I have had any feelings about.

Edit: Well, I've cross posted with Gil. And his insanity reveals itself. I am...perplexed...to say the least.

Last edited by CaptainofDespair; 07-28-2007 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Cross posting
Old 07-28-2007, 11:54 PM   #68
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Er, Boro is.... one of the hosts. o.O

Aaanyway, this is exactly what happened in my last game, and the game before that, and the game before that, because I didn't see someone's explanation of their actions. Honestly, it's getting irritating.

I'll be on for a bit, so I'll hold my vote. Still probably going to vote Kath though.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #69
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Uhm. Gone past five in the morning, and no one's posted since my last post... I'm going to bed. When I wake up, the deadline will be past, probably.

++Kath
Old 07-29-2007, 04:24 AM   #70
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

Hmmm, I think I still stand by what I was beginning to think last night.

Although Captain has got me thinking with the suspicion over what Shasta said. That was odd, very odd indeed.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:30 AM   #71
Lalwendë
A Mere Boggart

On the other hand, why would a non-voter be a wolf? There'd be nothing quite so obviously fishy after all as not voting, and of course the wolves would be more determined than anyone to get votes in and get innocents lynched...Who's picking up on this non-voting being fishy? It would be very opportunist of them.

I'm going to stick with my suspicions and make a bold choice. If anything, it might give me an idea of how he reacts as I have not played with him before.

++Phantom

Old 07-29-2007, 06:00 AM   #72
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

My goodness, it’s quiet around here. Which is to be expected, to a degree, in such a small village. But what concerns me more is not the relatively few number of posts, but the alarming lack of serious analysis.

The phantom, too, bemoans the quietness, but seems to be doing little to rectify the situation himself, Indeed, as far as I can see, he has done little himself to further the village’s cause. Although, to be fair, he has provided us with a list of people who he thinks might or might not be guilty, but who he will not vote for toDay. I am not ready to vote for him yet, as he is too valuable if innocent, but he is doing nothing to allay my concerns over him.

While I am still highly suspicious of Kath’s ‘safe’ vote yesterDay, I am not going to vote for her toDay, as she has not been around, so there is nothing more to go on. I will not vote for Holby toDay, for the same reason.

Gil’s vote for one of the Mods is an eye-opener, and no mistake. It’s the sort of thing an innocent but disengaged Gil might do. But I would not put it past a Wolfish Gil to do it as a diversionary tactic, knowing that people will probably put it down to Gil just being Gil. It might even have been something that was planned overNight. Other than that and the no-vote, there’s not a lot to go on with him, but that’s pretty much the norm with Gil, and it’s a perennial problem. Although perhaps his unprovoked show of aggression against the almighty Mods, will earn him a blast of Modfire from above.

This little spat between Shasta and CoD has me thinking. I can understand CoD’s grievance, since Shasta does seem to be applying different standards to him and to Lal, and he doesn’t explain it. CoD himself is still suspicious for his no-vote yesterDay, but I can see some basis for a Shasta/Lal alliance here.

Which brings me to Lal. Having looked back over her contributions to our discussions, it does strike me that she has been very careful in what she has said. Her opening posts yesterDay were the type that look helpful on first appearance, but actually say very little. And throughout, she has given very little away about her thoughts and been alarmingly cagy about her suspicions. Her vote for the phantom came practically out of nowhere and, while I do have concerns about him myself, I don’t see nearly enough to warrant a vote.

The way that I am currently thinking, I am likely to vote for either Shasta or Lal toDay.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #73
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

On the subject of Lal, this caught my interest:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalwendë
I wasn't going to vote for anyone on that pack anyway - however I can't honestly say that had I managed to get back to my desk on time that I wouldn't have changed my mind seeing a triple lynch coming up. There you go - it's up to you if you choose to punish me for it. I personally don't think you should.
So she is effectively saying that, had she voted, she wouldn’t have broken the triple-tie anyway. On the face of it, this could be taken as an indication of innocence. After all, what Wolf would be so foolish as to say such an incriminating thing? But Lal’s not shtoopid. It’s quite possible that she said this precisely to give that effect.

Then there’s this:

Quote:
But then the point at which Sauce jumps in and votes would be more suspicious than the point at which Mith does it.
I don’t understand this at all. Mith and I voted at almost exactly the same time, so how can my vote be more suspicious than hers? Taken with Shasta’s ridiculous point about ‘pessimistic-Peter’, it makes me wonder whether there might be some subtle combined attempt to sow some seeds of suspicion against me here.

I don’t like this either:

Quote:
I have a suspicion about who the Seer might be but I don't think I ought to say this outright in case the wolves pick them up. But they have brought something up which makes me think one of the non-voters is indeed a Wolf.
Lal is very careful to make ckear that she doesn’t want to say outright who she thinks the Seer might be, yet seems to be giving clues as to what she is talking about. Possibly a coded message to her fellow Wolves as to her thinking?

I am becoming increasingly concerned that Shasta and Lal are aligned in Wolfishness. Currently, I am veering more towards Lal as she looks the more suspicious to me. Like the phantom, I didn’t really want to vote for her unless I had to, as I have never played with her before. But we could really do with bagging a Wolf toDay, so I might just have to put sentiment aside here.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:32 AM   #74
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand Current votes:

Mithalwen: Holby (Holby 1)
Gil: Boromir88! (Holby 1)
CaptainofDespair: Shasta (Holby 1, Shasta 1)
Shasta: Kath (Holby 1, Shasta 1, Kath 1)
Lal: phantom (Holby 1, Shasta 1, Kath 1, phantom 1)

Yet to vote: Kath, Holby, SpM, phantom

With Kath and Holby unlikely to vote toDay, that just leaves the phantom and me. Phantom, are you around? It would be helpful to have an indication as to how you are thinking so that we can avoid another voting fiasco.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:47 AM   #75
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Yes, I'm here. Just woke up.

Out of the people who already have votes, Shasta and Holby are the only ones I could bring myself to vote for today.

I might want to pick someone new, though. Like Lal....
Old 07-29-2007, 06:49 AM   #76
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

As I said, I could vote for either Lal or Shasta. I would prefer not to vote for Holby as there is so little to go on, and she hasn't been around toDay.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 AM   #77
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lal
On the other hand, why would a non-voter be a wolf? There'd be nothing quite so obviously fishy after all as not voting, and of course the wolves would be more determined than anyone to get votes in and get innocents lynched...Who's picking up on this non-voting being fishy? It would be very opportunist of them.
I'm not understanding you.

What's wrong with being a bit fishy and not voting if it yields the deaths of three innocents. That's an excellent trade off if you ask me.

You said yesterday that Wolves would be "opportunist", and look who was very opportunist yesterday- you!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:55 AM   #78
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Or we could just not vote at all and have a quadruple lynch. That would be record setting, right?

I'm all for making history.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #79
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Heh heh... are you a WW Sauce, and one of your pals is in line to be lynched so you are looking to save them?
Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 AM   #80
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

That ain't gonna happen.

Looks like I am going to have to vote for Shasta here to be safe.