The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #721
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Jeez, I'm parroting Eonwe. But I am leaving now. I'll be back later.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #722
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
I find it really curious that Shasta, Eönwë and Brinn all (well, except she didn't that much ) considered Boro's very random point about them interacting on Day1 worth commenting or even defending oneself against....
Well, I didn't remember talking to Shasta (which I didn't), so I was wondering where he was getting it from.

He says that Shasta is going up his suspicion list, and then he straight away proceeds to analyse posts that include interaction between us (there isn't even any). So I commented.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #723
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Yeah, I slept in until 11am then spent most of the day in the editing labs working on my film before heading off for dinner. I got back over an hour ago, but it's taken me some time to catch up...~Brinn
I know there are other places to go and things to do, I just thought it odd that I made a comment on Shasta growing a bit more suspicious, and I would post more on several people (which I'm still intending to do here, maybe I should get to it?)

He posts withing a few minutes asking me why.

I mentioned it's mostly due to Eonwe's posting, and connecting, you with Shasta and Eonwe. Then you appear withing a couple minutes.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:47 PM   #724
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Eonwe, there isn't any? I just gave you the posts. Whether you're defending him or not, I don't know but you were talking about Shasta.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:53 PM   #725
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
This was supposed to be long?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
I wasn't aware you suspected me.
Well, I don't. But I don't trust you either. My problem with you is that you don't give me the tiniest bit of bad gut-feeling, but others keep having good-ish points against you and I too have noticed some odd things. You seem to be very joke-y about suspicions directed at you, for example (at least lately).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
Greenie- Seems innocent, and sensible. Knows what she's doing and what she wants to do.
I think knowing what one's doing and wants to do is far more supicious than innocent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel
I had to pause just to visualise this. It was amusing.
Haha, thanks Brinn. But that man is just really slooooooooooow.............

edit: xed with Brinn, Shasta, Eönwë and Borox2
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #726
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Some thoughts...

Who I think is innocent:

Gil-Galad: Like everyone else, I think he would've shown up by now if he were anything other than an ordo. I mean, is he even still playing?

Kath: Hey, I think I made a good choice for a rep...the position certainly has drawn her out to talk more. I still agree with a lot she has to say and her posts give an innocent vibe.

Sally: It is kinda weird how she has simply disappeared. I think Sally would at least try to be more active if she were a wolf.

Shasta: I agree with Kath that his reactions and frustrations look pretty innocent.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:56 PM   #727
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
I don't like Eonwe's list. If a list of this kind is going to be helpful, it needs to give readers a good idea of the player's opinions, and Eonwe's does not, because his suspicions all sound the same - as if they were constructed according to some kind of formula: vague, noncomittal, and containing way too much qualification to be helpful.

EDIT: The list in question

Last edited by Gwathagor; 11-15-2008 at 07:11 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #728
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Eonwe, there isn't any? I just gave you the posts. Whether you're defending him or not, I don't know but you were talking about Shasta.
Yes but there was none of the "playful banter" you were talking about in this post:

Quote:
It's going like this...since I'm suspicious of Eonwe, and there's been playful banter between all three of you, I've grown suspicious of you as well.
And anyway, I wasn't defending Shasta at the time. I was defending myself. She was questioning me about one of my my previous posts. And I fail to see how I was defending him. I am simply stating how people seem to view him. I am actually saying that he could be used as a tool by the WWs to make them look less suspicious. And I'm commenting that he seems to be less trusted than normal.

Maybe if you looked at the context of this post without such a biased view, you wouldn't have reacted like that.

But more importantly- why am I suspicious?
Old 11-15-2008, 07:01 PM   #729
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Anyway, I have to go very soon.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #730
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am tired

Guilty
Nerwen. Okay, her speculation about Cab's death and reaction to Ilya & Brinn's reactions is suspicious, plus her fierce defense of herself.
Nog. Still want to read his posts at some point.

Innocent
Boro. I am worried about my trust in him because he has completely fooled me before but I agree with him quite a lot, so he's here for now.
Brinn
Gil
Lommy
Kath
Rune
Shasta
phantom

Neither
Eönwë. Could go either way. Now it's rather indecisiveness on my part than lack of information.
Greenie. I'm planning to review her posts as well at some point.
Gwath
Ilya. I'm really undecided about her right now.
morm. He looks quite innocent. When I was reading through day 1 during the night after it, an inexplicable thought "morm's a wolf" just suddenly occurred to me. I agree with him on a lot things he says. I'm worried I seem to trust him so much. So frankly, I have no idea.
sally
Ka, another one I should review.

I don't like how my suspicion list is reduced to that.

I should vote soon and at the moment I'm inclined to vote Nerwen since she's the one I could vote with the clearest conscience. She already has two votes (I think morm was worth two), though, and so has Eönwë. I don't feel like voting Ilya now. Ai ai this is difficult.

edit: xed since Lommy
Old 11-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #731
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Yes but there was none of the "playful banter" you were talking about in this post:~Eonwe
Post 102:
Quote:
*laughs*
++Shasta

see, nothing happened!
Post 109, where you were responding to Shasta...
Quote:
I think it would also amuse Fea to make you a WW, so that everyone will vote you as a rep and then you will vote badly (purposefully).
Post 112 (Shasta in response)
Quote:
Why would you say that? I'm "doomed to be forever right, but forever not listened to", according to Wikipedia.
That's what I was referring to

Edit: changing the bold into a quote.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #732
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The reps:
Lommy (3)
Boro (3)
morm (2) ++ Nerwen
Nerwen (2)
Agan (2) ++ Nerwen
Kath (2) ++ Eönwë

Now if I voted Nerwen she'd have four votes altogether. She wouldn't vote for herself so it would be pretty much up to Lommy and Boro to decide the lynch, then, I think. I have no problem with that.

I'm too tired to be around or think any longer so

++ lynch Nerwen

edit: added my vote to the list
Old 11-15-2008, 07:16 PM   #733
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
So - Nerwen 4 votes, Eönwë 2, 8 votes to be given?

I'm not going to Nerwen. I trust her for now - I admit I might have to take a better look at her - but I simply don't think there's much evidence against her.

I could vote Eönwë but somehow it feels a little silly.

Or I could introduce a new candidate if there'd be support...

Boro and Nerwen, who are you thinking about?

And at any rate I'm going to sleep soon... it's terribly late...
Old 11-15-2008, 07:23 PM   #734
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Post 102:

Post 109, where you were responding to Shasta...

Post 112 (Shasta in response)

That's what I was referring to

Edit: changing the bold into a quote.
Ah, thanks Boro. Apparently I did reply to Eonwe. Once.

Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-15-2008, 07:24 PM   #735
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Boro and Nerwen, who are you thinking about?~Lommy
Well I was going to make an attempt at narrowing down the choices, but I have since gotten a bit sidetracked.

About an hour ago, or whenever I said there were 4 wolves amongst 15 unknowns, I really had no idea what way I was going to vote, right now my top choice is Eonwe. But I got to perhaps digest this explosion of activity, because right now I know I'm not looking at all this recent activity with an open mind. (i.e. people popped out of holes in the ground when I made a post)
Old 11-15-2008, 07:30 PM   #736
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Aganzir is as vibrant as ever.

I'm not sure what to think about this thing between Boromir and Nogrod. Could be that they're just two ordos scuffling about. I doubt they're both wolves. If one of them is a baddie, my money's on Nogrod. His arguments and defenses just don't feel as honest as Boromir's.

Eönwë seems like his typical self. But then again, I don't recall him ever being a wolf, so how would he act if he were one?

Gwathagor is someone I tend to forget about a lot. Which is why he slides under my radar.

Ilya doesn't act like the typical newbie. I don't know whether that points to wolfishness or not. It could also be because she's observed WW before from a third person POV, as she so mentioned.

Lommy I tend to think is more innocent than not, though I'm not sure about it. Greenie is the same except she has even less posts, which I can only conclude is because she goes to bed too early (compared to her sister who goes to bed too late).

mormegil is either a wise and influential innocent or a dangerous wolf. But which one? That is why I'm slightly scared and not entirely trusting of him.

Nerwen is an enigma.

While part of me wants to put Rune in the innocent category, I'm still not so sure about him. Perhaps it's because I always love suspecting him in WW and would hate to stop now.

The Ka has the least amount of posts. She's been sliding too much under the radar for my taste....where is she anyway?

We all talk too much about the phantom, so I won't.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #737
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Shasta, like I said take it easy, all I pointed out was since I was suspicious of Eonwe, just your interactions with him (and Brinn...which I swear I won't refresh the button my next post will be about those two), that you grew in suspicion a bit. I want to say that again - a bit. Before, I said that, I didn't know what to think about you. Also, I realize this depends upon Eonwe, and his role. If Eonwe is a wolf he could have simply wanted to attach himself to you...and I'm not even sure if Eonwe's a wolf.
Old 11-15-2008, 07:33 PM   #738
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++lynch Eönwë

I don't want to see Nerwen go just randomly.

There's something fishy about Eönwë, but I'm less surprised if he's innocent than if he's a wolf.

Good night and Night!

edit: xed with Brinn and Boro
Old 11-15-2008, 07:59 PM   #739
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

So...anyway, here's what's struck me between Eonwe and Brinn...

Day 1, in 188, when Eonwe votes for Greenie as rep.
Quote:
Then there's Greenie. I just feel good vibes from her post, and she seems innocent, and also seems to be looking at things similarly to me. But then she voted Brinniel, which I wouldn't do. What the heck...
Just the side comment, with no explanation of why he wouldn't vote for Brinn, stood out.

And his post today about the rep votes, his first focus on Brinn becoming a rep was odd. The nice paragraph to Agan possibly wanting to attaching herself to an innocent Brinn...? But on Shasta and Brinn's rep votes there's the return to the short side comments. Excusing Shasta's vote as "past experiences"
Quote:
I don't really know what to think about this, except that he's probably just voting based on past experiences.
And then one word for Brinn.
Quote:
Brinn votes, saying that she wants to spread out votes. Understandable.
Then his list...(701)
Quote:
Brinniel- After a bad start, she seems to have redeemed herself in my eyes.
I don't know how he came to the conclusion that Brinn started off bad (as on Day 1 he just made the comment when voting for Greenie that he wouldn't choose Brinn). And then as far as how she redeemed herself? Brinn's last post (until recently when she came back) was her rep vote last night.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #740
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Shasta, Brinn before you raise your arms in protest, I'm just making the points that since I don't trust Eonwe, I find his remarks towards you two strange.

This still depends on several things. First off, whether I vote for Eonwe, secondly whether he turns out to be a wolf, and lastly if he is, whether he was trying to latch on to two innocents, or we had a group of you having a bunch of fun joking around while we lynch innocents.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #741
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Shasta, like I said take it easy, all I pointed out was since I was suspicious of Eonwe, just your interactions with him (and Brinn...which I swear I won't refresh the button my next post will be about those two), that you grew in suspicion a bit. I want to say that again - a bit. Before, I said that, I didn't know what to think about you. Also, I realize this depends upon Eonwe, and his role. If Eonwe is a wolf he could have simply wanted to attach himself to you...and I'm not even sure if Eonwe's a wolf.
I'm not attacking you, Boro. Just wanted to see what you had to say.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #742
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

I'm going to have to go back and read all of this when I have more time.

So what we have currently-

Eonwe- 5
Nerwen- 4

And since Nerwen hasn't voted yet, what we really have is-

Eonwe- 7
Nerwen- 4

Which means that Boro can either toss his vote or cause a double lynch.

Or he could vote for Nerwen and then filibuster, if he felt that he had a strong enough reason to do it at this stage of the game. I somehow doubt that.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:04 PM   #743
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Just got in. I'll get back to you when I've read through the thread.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:05 PM   #744
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'm not attacking you, Boro. Just wanted to see what you had to say.~Shasta
My mistake, I'm bad at the sarcasm thin, I took your "Ya I did it...once" comment like "what's your point?"
Old 11-15-2008, 08:11 PM   #745
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Anyone here I would appreciate your thoughts on Eonwe after post 713, from the last page.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #746
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
My mistake, I'm bad at the sarcasm thin, I took your "Ya I did it...once" comment like "what's your point?"
I can see how it could have come off that way, but no, I actually meant that I did it once. I just like the rolleyes smiley.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #747
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Anyone here I would appreciate your thoughts on Eonwe after post 713, from the last page.
It's tough to take anything from it, for I do not know Eonwe that great.

I'd say that he actually responds to things pretty well. Of course we don't know whether that means innocent or quality actor.

Of course Lommy voted for him, so he's probably innocent.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM   #748
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, under the circumstances I'm naturally going to vote

++lynch Eönwë

I think I can do it with a clear conscience, as the way he's playing, he could well be a "submarine".

EDIT: fixed spelling.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #749
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, he's dead now.

And I'm also wondering if we'll see some modfire.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:51 PM   #750
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

For formality...

++Lynch Eonwe

I'm also voting now so we can enter into a lame duck period, just to get under Fea's skin.

Edit: crossed with tp
Old 11-15-2008, 08:52 PM   #751
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Anyone can feel free to use their filibuster at this time.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:57 PM   #752
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Quote:
I'm also voting now so we can enter into a lame duck period, just to get under Fea's skin.

Of course I could just hold off on telling you his role until tomorrow, just to get under B88's skin...
Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 PM   #753
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Here is a list. Not a very good one maybe, but still... a list.

Should live forever-
the phantom

Should live almost forever-
Aganzir

Should live a long time-
Boro
Kath

Should die of natural causes-
Brin
Green
Gil
Gwath
Rune
Sally

Should have a tragic accident-
Ilya
KA
Lommy
morm
Nerwen
Nog
Shasta

But naturally after I reread today I will change my opinions. Lots of them, anyway.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 PM   #754
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
For the sake of narration, somebody wanna tell me how you pronounce Eonwe's name?
Old 11-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #755
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Anyone can feel free to use their filibuster at this time.
Nah. A time will present itself.

Tomorrow I'd like to see Boro and Nog go at it, and one of them lynch the other. That would be fun. We haven't had a full blown loudmouth war yet this game.

I believe that I will start off Day 3 by attacking both of them, and see if I can't get the village to jump on board.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #756
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fea
For the sake of narration, somebody wanna tell me how you pronounce Eonwe's name?
I don't even know what Eonwe's name is.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:05 PM   #757
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I don't even know what Eonwe's name is.
By name, I definitely meant 'Eonwe.'
Old 11-15-2008, 09:06 PM   #758
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Of course I could just hold off on telling you his role until tomorrow, just to get under B88's skin... ~Fea
I could cancel my participation in this village for 3 days to tend to a more important board meeting, where we will be passing a very important piece of legislation, even though my presense there would be totally unnecessary.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #759
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

What I found was- eh'onweh.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:08 PM   #760
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Quote:
I could cancel my participation in this village for 3 days to tend to a more important board meeting, where we will be passing a very important piece of legislation, even though my presense there would be totally unnecessary.
I could cancel your participation in this village permanently. I win.