The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #721
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
I don't claim to be Ranger.
Previous Game.

That would be an example of..... word twisting.

++Nerwen

The more I see. I don't believe the claim of Greenie, and subsequent "known-innocence" of Nerwen. She sure isn't acting like an innocent.

X'd with Shasta.
Ah, Ok, so the ONE FREAKING 100% KNOWN INNOCENT IN THIS GAME has evil intent.

Hm, like I said, wolf playing a cobbler - or else a cobbler who thinks a wolf is up for the lynch and is desperately trying to draw votes away.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #722
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
1420!

Boro, I have a sneaking suspicion that, though Mac and Kath may well both be evil, by not voting alongside Lommy you've doomed us all (well, you living ones).

Or perhaps Lommy will switch to Kath? I suppose it's still hopeless.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:54 PM   #723
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Just because someone is innocent, doesn't mean they don't have schemes of their own. xD

X'd with Rikae.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM   #724
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I don't understand Izzy's vote. True, there is no hard evidence to believe Greenie's Seer claim, but then again there is no hard evidence to disbelieve it.

In fact, all evidence in this game is circumstantial. And I hazard the opinion that there is more circumstantial evidence in favor of Greenie's claim than against it.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:56 PM   #725
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
So I'm thinking this Lommy vs Mac thing looks really.... staged, for lack of a better word. I've never seen Lommy be so aggressive (unless Agan is playing... ), and Mac seems to be using all his (rather formidable) powers of intellect on barely defending himself.
She did vote for him, though.
RL situation has come up, meaning I can't put near the time into this it deserves.
I was leaning toward Mac, who I already suspected, or Kath, because of the Gwath vote. I still think he's more likely to be a conspirator than mutineer, and modfire looks definately to be likely for him.
Izzy's vote is bizarre enough, but does it scream 'mutineer' or just 'conspirator? No time to consider it further right now.
Again, my apologies. I'll try to do better next Day, even if I'm a ghost.

Yes, agreeing with Boro. He's wrong about the ghost lynches, but I think he has the right of this.

++ Kath

x'd with Shasta
Old 06-22-2009, 08:58 PM   #726
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hum. I find Gwath-voters strange at this juncture, same with Mira before. I'm not sure that in itself is enough to declare Kath guilty, though.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM   #727
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Shasta, she claimed earlier today that "almost every person" who called her lists "fabricated" (which I did yesterday) had evil intent, even though I had already been proven to be the hunter. Sure, she said almost - but still, the only point in saying it was to imply a known innocent was evil. She's obviously evil - don't waste your time.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #728
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I don't want to sound as repeating myself but just take a look at yesterDay. Rikae went pretty strongly against Gwath (as much as I have read yesterDay). So if the mutineers believed Rikae was the hunter (why wouldn't they as she was the hunter) they would not have attacked her if Gwath was one of them. Or then they are very confident indeed and could sacrifice Gwath - who hasn't posted a lot lately anyway.

EDIT: Bah... I posted for the previous page only... needs to see more...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:03 PM   #729
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Given that Gwath seems to be heading for modfire anyway, I move that we move the discussion onward.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #730
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I'm always afraid of Kath when innocent - and this time is no exception...

But my God if this is one more mutineer bandwaggon!

The problem is whether they (the mutineers) feel really confident or not... The missed kill would talk for them having problems - and it would fit Kath being one as she wouldn't be there on the deadline to make sure the kill gets through...

Who would be the clumsy American(s) then missing a shot during the Night? That would be something to think for toMorrow...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #731
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
A quick list:

Lommy - still leaning innocent with her, though I could see her as a very skilled cobbler, too.
Inzy - hasn't done anything to make suspect him of cobblery less than yesterday.
Boro - leaning more innocent with him today than yesterday.
Shasta - has slipped a bit from my attention lately.
Kath - Her Gwath-vote is a bad one, but I have the feeling that she hasn't entirely caught up yet. She also forgot that Eomer was killed. I'd like to give her a pass for today.
Izzy - probably not a mutineer, but could be a cobbler.
Mith - another one I paid too little attention to. Doesn't seem evil, though.
Eonwe - needs a closer look, too.

If I only knew how many mutineers are actually hiding within those 8. It has to be at least 2. Would Lommy really launch an attack like that if she was a mutineer? Is Inzy more evil than I thought? Am I wrong about Boro? Or Izzy? Or is lynching Kath the best option after all? I need a better picture of Shasta, Mith, and Eonwe...
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM   #732
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Heh, not only Kath, but Mith and Lommy could also be ones to leave the duty of reporting the kill to someone in the US. because of the terrible DL and then be implied as well if there are more mutineers left...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #733
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Who would be the clumsy American(s) then missing a shot during the Night? That would be something to think for toMorrow...
That's a thought that makes Mac look more innocent after all - he's here in the US and would have been unlikely to miss the kill.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:23 PM   #734
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Only got the mental energy to look at the three today.

Shasta is quite keeping his head out of things. Not one actual accusation the entire day. He is helpful, though, and I agree with most of his stated opinions.

I like it how Mith cautioned people against the early Kath suspicions. Her vote is puzzling. Didn't do much else.

Eonwe suddenly started this whole idea that the mutineers might kill each other at night. Then he votes out of gut feeling. Definitely worthy of a raised eyebrow, but wouldn't a mutineer give more effort to look reasonable?

That didn't really help...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:24 PM   #735
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

...which would be just what Mac would want to do, and maybe Nog too. (Could I have actually killed an aggressor after all?)

Oh, and Izzy, you do have to eat your words, then, since my only "scheme" was to point out a possible bit of wolvishness from your potentially wolfish self.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #736
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
*sprinkles some pepper on Rikae's words for her*

xD
Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #737
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

You guys are taking Short Ruth Mith's job.

I still think Lommy - Mac was staged.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:33 PM   #738
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
I still think Lommy - Mac was staged.
It might have been a ploy on Lommy's side (which would make her a very likely cobbler), but not from mine.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:43 PM   #739
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Nerwen -> Gwath
Mith -> Izzy
Lommy -> Mac
Kath -> Gwath
Eonwe -> Inzy - not bolded, does not count
Izzy -> Nerwen
Boro -> Kath

Gwath 2. Izzy, Mac, Nerwen, Kath 1. Inziladun, Shasta, Mac, and Gwath left to vote.

I don't like that Gwath is in the lead, at all. It's going to take two votes to not let that happen, which means... Mac and I have to vote the same, on someone who's already got one vote. Unless Zil shows up (which I doubt).
Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #740
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Could I have actually killed an aggressor after all?
Sadly you didn't... I'd give you all the credit if you'd done that, but sorry. You chose soo wrong...

Let's see if we can work anything out toMorrow. Now I'm just too tired and enough disinterested to try to figure the situation...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:44 PM   #741
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Shasta, Inzy voted Kath. Who are you considering voting?
Old 06-22-2009, 09:45 PM   #742
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Nerwen -> Gwath
Mith -> Izzy
Lommy -> Mac
Kath -> Gwath
Eonwe -> Inzy - not bolded, does not count
Izzy -> Nerwen
Boro -> Kath

Gwath 2. Izzy, Mac, Nerwen, Kath 1. Inziladun, Shasta, Mac, and Gwath left to vote.

I don't like that Gwath is in the lead, at all. It's going to take two votes to not let that happen, which means... Mac and I have to vote the same, on someone who's already got one vote. Unless Zil shows up (which I doubt).
I missed Zil's vote for Kath. So, Gwath is still in line to be executed, but one vote for Kath will tip the scales. Mac and I to vote, and to be honest, I would rather control the vote than someone I consider to be evil.

++Kath
Old 06-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #743
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

What is your tally about Shasta? At least Inziladun voted for Kath so she has at least two votes...

And really, Gwath is a bad idea I say. Just looking at yesterDay and the kill of the Night - and if he's facing a modfire anyway.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #744
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

I see you're still around, Mac. As of right now, I still have my retraction, but the only other candidates for lynching are Izzy, yourself, and Nerwen. I think Nerwen innocent based on Greenie's claim, you're obviously not going to vote yourself, and I think Izzy is a cobbler, so.... Kath really is the only option.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:47 PM   #745
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
*sprinkles some pepper on Rikae's words for her*

xD
Oh, yes. When the game ends and I am revealed to be the secret evil hunter, unknown even to myself, who lies about Izzy's fabricated list without even knowing it, boy will I be embarrassed!

Guess what Izzy? Your list was fabricated. Fabricated, fabricated, fabricated. Polyester, rayon, satin, wool crepe fabricated! PREfabricated, even! Your list was fabricated, and I saw that it was fabricated, and I said "lo and behold! This post, it is FABRICATED, as it has been ordained by Izzy, and all shall see it and shall say "yea, verily, it is fabricated!" and there shall be great rejoicing, and we shall slaughter the aggressors and have a feast, for so sayeth RIKAE." And all who were gathered there looked upon the post, and said "forsooth, it is fabricated, and Izzy has made it so, and in doing so she sinneth against the almighty crew, and she shall be cut into four pieces (not three, five is right out) and thrown into the sea, where the fishes and the sharks and the birds of the air and all the lifeguards and surfers shall feast upon her and shall not die, for she has made a fabricated post, and the one who pointed it out had not evil intent nor ulterior motive"! And it was so.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:48 PM   #746
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I have a feeling we're choosing wrongly here, but alright:

++Kath
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #747
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
I have a feeling we're choosing wrongly here, but alright:

++Kath
Who would you rather have lynched, then, Mac? Not yourself, I'm guessing.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:51 PM   #748
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

So you din't go for Izzy, Mac? Why is that?

And still you regret voting Kath?

Interesting...
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #749
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Izzy seems wasted, Nerwen and Gwath are out of the question, and young Master Eonwe forgot to bold his vote for the formidable choice Inziladun.

Kath is indeed the best choice right now, and that's sad.

Last edited by Macalaure; 06-22-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: grammarrrr
Old 06-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #750
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
So you din't go for Izzy, Mac? Why is that?
Give me a reason to believe she's a mutineer.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:57 PM   #751
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Izzy seems wasted
Truer words you have never spoken! Bwahaha!
Old 06-22-2009, 09:58 PM   #752
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Erm, I just meant to say that lynching her would be a waste of a lynch. *curses language*
Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #753
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
--Gwath

++Izzy

Most obviously evil person, and though she looks more cobbler-ish, that might be deliberate.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #754
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Mac: A known innocent seems to have a strong case on her. I have not read most of the discussions on the last two Days and can't give you one myself. Maybe later if I have an interest and time to actually read things through.

Just asking... it's interesting to know why you make your decisions and how you do it. And requiring that from you alive-voters helps the general cause as you need to react to these beggings in one way or another.

Snapping back to a ghost isn't the best one I'd say...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:00 PM   #755
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Heck.

--Kath

++Izzy
Old 06-22-2009, 10:01 PM   #756
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

...What the heck? Fools!
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 PM   #757
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh boy - I bet that is what she wants...

EDIT: I wasn't so much making a case against her (there's no need to) as bantering... I bet she's a cobbler...

EDIT 2: and the other is Greenie... Nerwen a wolf... with Mac and Kath...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #758
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Oh boy - I bet that is what she wants...
Quite possibly... but I wasn't so sure about Gwath anymore. I didn't know who else to pick.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #759
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
EDIT 2: and the other is Greenie... Nerwen a wolf... with Mac and Kath...
Don't be silly.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #760
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Yeesh, all the last minute voting...makes it hard to count when I'm tired. I believe the lynch is Kath, but maybe someone should double check me on that.