The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #681
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Man-maiden

On day 1 Nerwen noted down Nog's vote for Ilya (feels out of character from someone who usually favours known players) and mine for Brinn (wondering what I meant by calling her generally trustworthy). I find Nog's vote understandable in terms of wanting to try new people but I can also understand why Nerwen felt the need to point it out. As for my vote, if someone else had used the same reasons, I would probably have asked as well what they meant by generally trustworthy.

She said the business between Legate, phantom and Boro seemed a bit coreographed (especially phantom & Legate's reversing their opinions of each other), as did the one between phantom, Brinn and Shasta, but I failed to see anything that strange between them. On the other hand, at least wolf-Nerwen is known for grouping up people.
She also found it weird how I became a rep despite posting so little (with which I can agree).
Nerwen thought Gil's confusion looked pretty genuine. I did, too.

Then on to day 2. She speculated a bit about Cab's death - no seer hints so it looks like a mere no trace kill, but on the other hand, the lack of substance could have been used against him later, given his reputation as a sneaky wolf.

She accused Ilya, half-jokingly, because she didn't like the following "say-nothing paragraph":
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Anyone about whom general opinions have been form would be advantageous to keep around. And I think given the events of Day 1, reputation, or lack thereof, played into the voting of the reps but not into the lynch votes. Reps turned on constituents, and some constituents turned on their reps. I need to go reread, uhm, everything. But Anna Karenina takes precedent tonight, so I probably won't be around until after class tomorrow, around 4ish.
I think I'm a bit more on Nerwen's side on this one as well. However, it wasn't the most suspicious thing Ilya had said by then, so I don't know why it was just that that caught Nerwen's eye.

Phantom claimed that wolves need to get rid of the seer as fast as possible, but Nerwen replied that it's quite improbable no one would have looked like a seer to the wolves even on day 1, so they didn't go after Cab assuming he was the seer. She asked if the wolves might have thought he was the ranger, trying to lay low. Well Cab's pretty much always lying low, so I don't find it a valid reason for the wolves to assume he had any special role.
Also, how would it have been easy for them to turn up suspicion on Cab just because he's a silent player (and therefore also a silent wolf)?

Both Ilya and Brinn have Nerwen feel a bit uneasy because of their reactions to Cab's death, ie speculating why he was killed (no traces) after it was I guess more or less agreed that he was a no trace kill - she called it deliberate misdirected answering. The question was who would benefit from such a safe kill.
Nerwen had much speculation about Cab's death but I don't think she came up with any names (I might be wrong here - I already closed the tabs I had her previous posts opened in). So therefore her speculations are pretty empty. She also started suspecting Ilya and Brinn a bit because of their speculations.

Then morm started suspecting Nerwen because of her agreeing with (parroting, in morm's words) phantom now that he was generally considered pretty innocent, and because of that ranger episode. Nerwen replied she didn't parrot phantom but agreed with him, and told she really thought there was a ranger. Here's the parroting post morm was talking about. I don't think Nerwen's parroting him there, really. To me it looks more like agreeing and taking the thinking process further, with the quote serving as a topic under which the chain of thought goes, if you understand what I mean. I think that indicates neither guilt nor innocence. Out of curiosity, Nerwen, why did you call morm predictable? Is there an old grudge I'm not aware of?
However this quote made me feel uneasy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
I am quite insulted that you think I'd try an idiotic wolf-cub ploy like pretending not to know the rules.
Because I think her attack is too fierce given the accusation. Okay, I don't really think Nerwen would pretend not to know the rules. If she's a wolf, the wolves hadn't talked about a ranger (or the lack of it), so she had no reason to think there's none, and in every case I buy her explanation. It's just her defense that bothers me... It's really too strong. Although I can agree morm was a bit provocative when saying Nerwen could try to play it ignorant once that Gil had succeeded in it, too.
But it still looks too fierce.

Nerwen voted Lommy for rep because she thought she's likely innocent and has usually good judgement (ha! What do you mean by usually good judgement?), and because she'd like to see a change of government.

She agreed with Greenie that it makes little sense to give the third vote for someone one doesn't trust (with which I can agree), and promised to go through Nog & Boro's posts if she has time, which she did.
Nothing in their posts jumped out to her and at first they had very little interaction with each other, but she pointed out that packmates might want to do that. She concluded, though, that their quarrel today looked pretty genuine, and Boro made some good points against Nog (which is why Nog's vote for Boro is even more puzzling). She didn't find any good evidence of a link between them.

Okay, that's it.
I think Nerwen doesn't look very suspicious apart from her reaction to morm, which could be that of an innocent as well. So I'm pretty much at a loss now, because at the same time I know she's capable of all sorts of nasty things and I just wouldn't want to stop suspecting her like this, just to be on the safe side.
I'll probably read through this later and see if my mind is any clearer.

edit: xed since my last post
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #682
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Brinniel:

1: Had some really good ideas about how many Reps there ought to be in relation to the number of villagers.

2: Mentions that Shasta mentioned her a lot. Hmm not sure about that. I mean it's playful but I could see Brinn being a bold enough wolf to bring herself into the limelight a bit.

3: Hmm, talked about who should be a Rep 'someone between loud and quiet'. Makes sense, it's who I've been going for each Day. This post strikes me as really quite innocent actually.

4: Seems quite surprised about becoming Rep. I can understand the feeling! Looks at those who voted for her - well not so much looks at as wonders about and comes to no conclusion.

5: Choosing between Shasta and Agan.

6: Goes for Agan because she wants more Reps than less. It's what she said at the beginning of the Day which does show consistency and that's generally good with her.

7: Explained why she voted for Agan, seems pretty sensible to me.

Ilya:

1: Good points on the weights the Reps have, it's an important idea that I suddenly remembered yesterDay right before I was about to vote for Lommy. I don't think we should give any one Rep too much power.

2: Pretty blase about Day 1, but planning to get serious. Kinda stating the obvious.

3: Bit of a silly list followed by an inconclusive statement.

4; Votes Boro with reasonable, er, reasoning!

Eonwe:

1: Doesn't really say anything, except says Shasta might be a Rep but doesn't say whether that's a good thing or not.

Around 4: Because they're all nothing-y. There's no substance. May be because he was reading through the thread and then just commenting on occasion.

5: Then he votes Greenie. If my suspicion that they're both wolves pans out then this is a very, very bold move ... I wouldn't put it past them. The reasoning behind the vote is odd 'I agree with her here, disagree on this, whatever I'll vote her'.

Greenie:

1: Well I agree with her about the leadership thing. That DW game did get boring. Again it's a fair point about not leaving opinions until the last minute but it does seem slightly stating the obvious.

2: A list ... and to be honest the conclusions seems too sure. Maybe that's what grabbed my attention, everything she says seems very certain at a time when no one should be!

3: And that's it. A vote for Brinn. There is good reasoning behind it and yet it still seems plucked out of thin air as she only mentioned Brinn the post before in a bit of a throwaway nature.

4: Mm big long post, seems like sensible posts. Damn, it really is just a feeling with her I think, I am not going to find any evidence to support my thinking on this.

I was going to look at Nerwen but upon finding her first proper post once her net connection was back up I realised that actually I think she's pretty innocent.

Well I've not finished but my battery is beginning to die and I need to be in bed within half an hour so I'm going to bring this to a close. From this readthrough I'm thinking that Brinn is looking innocent, Ilya is too. As for Greenie and Eonwe I am not clear headed enough right now to look at them with an impartial eye. Even as I read their posts I'm aware that I'm biased against them and that's a terrible way to run an analysis. That said it's Eonwe I'm more suspicious of and I think he's going to get my vote toDay.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #683
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Legate - ah what to do about Legate? I read one post I think he's innocent, I read the next I think he's guilty. I'm going to have to reserve judgement on him for now.
Free tip: you get your judgement 100% correct if you read yesterDay's lynch narration...

edit: xed with everybody after my last
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 04:54 PM   #684
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
I was this close to using mine yesterday, and I would have if not for two things.~Shasta
Was one of your reasons because you're wolf buddy Eonwe may be getting into trouble, but since we swayed towards Legate you felt no need to?

Edit: Wow, I post and here come 2 gigantanormous posts plus one of Lommy's
Old 11-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #685
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I just can't wait for this upcoming week, when all I'm going to hear are the bragging Buckeyes.
What, do they rub it in? Too bad. I wish people would be more respectful about that sort of thing.

Very briefly, I feel rather good about Aganzir. The way she's responding to arguments as well as more light-hearted comments... seems very innocent to me. But most convincing to me is the way she worded and handled our old joke about her being a WW and me helping her win as an Ordo. She's either innocent or gave perfect innocent reactions.

I think I trust her more than Boro even at this point.

Eonwe's last post didn't sit well with me. What was all that work for?

And it's good to see my Rep giving opinions! Good thoughts Kath.

EDIT: x-post entire page
Old 11-15-2008, 04:55 PM   #686
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oops - good point Lommy. That's how behind I am at the moment - I haven't actually got as far as yesterDay's narration which is really bad, technically I didn't even know I was alive to post!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #687
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Legate - ah what to do about Legate? I read one post I think he's innocent, I read the next I think he's guilty. I'm going to have to reserve judgement on him for now.
Then you read this post and you find out he was lynched yesterDay!

x-ed with this page- forget what I said above.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:05 PM   #688
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Pst, Mith

I know, right?
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 PM   #689
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Yeah yeah Lommy already mentioned that Eonwe.

Anyway:

++EONWE

My mind hasn't changed since my last post. I dislike voting on the basis of a feeling but my suspect list basically goes Eonwe, Greenie and then Gwath but I'm not sure about him.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #690
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Don't worry Lommy, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do right now either, I just know what innocent looks like, not wolfishness.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:10 PM   #691
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
My guess is that she hopes that Brinn turns out to be innocent, and then if she is then she can be a voice of reason.
I didn't really care if Brinn is innocent or not, although I do feel quite good about her right now. And if she's a wolf, her behaviour and interaction with others will hopefully reveal something after her death, so it doesn't even matter that much if a wolf got to be a rep on day 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Is this ... well, almost persecution of a person like with Lommy normal with her?
Yes.

I am again in a situation where I don't really know who to vote. Right now I wouldn't feel comfortable with voting either Ilya or Nerwen. Nog strikes me as a possible candidate but I haven't had time to go through his posts and since it takes me over an hour even with people who have posted less, I won't do it at least now.

I wonder if I should take another look at Eönwë again. I agree with phantom that his post was weird.

edit: xed with Fea, Kath & Boro
Old 11-15-2008, 05:24 PM   #692
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Just fyi I have a task that should take just over two hours to complete, so I won't be around for a bit. But I should be around the final hour or so.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:45 PM   #693
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya View Post

People don't admit when they're wrong in this game? I was as wrong as wrong could be yesterday. I'm still making mistakes. You can talk about them for the rest of the day, and indeed no matter what I write I think that y'all will, but I'd rather have it on record that I admitted them when they were pointed out to me. I'll try and be clearer for you, Rune. Just tell me where it's muddled.
Seldom and only to minor offences. . . Anyways, Ilya I don’t think there is much you can do, I just get a bit confused by the way you construct your sentences (at times) and that is probably do to the fact that English is my second language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Ah but since you said you didn't know what to make of his explanation I thought you hadn't understood it.
Well, actually Aganzir, I knew what to make of Boromir’s explanation, it was Ilya’s actions I did not know what to make of.

Quote:
Thoughts on people:

Lommy - do you know what I'm still alright with her. I think I'm turning into Rune, decide what a person is early on and then just damn well stick with that conclusion til the bitter end! The arguments with her and Agan paint her in a good light I think because she remains pretty calm and if she does react it's usually after pretty intense provocation!

Rune - seems his usual self at the moment. I'm feeling alright about him.
Oh so that is the kind of player I am. . . Thanks for pointing that out.
I have for many a year wondered about what kind of werewolf player I was and now I know I am the stubborn kind. I think it might have to do with the fact that I do not want to be a turncoat. . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post
Well then, j'ai retourné.

Phantom obviosuly doesn't count, as he is phantom and posts more than anyone else. He has the village in the palm of his hand. Of course, even he is in the hands of the Modesses.
Boro posts 26 posts, so I won't focus on him.
Nogrod had 15 posts, but was definately still a large presence.
Legate posted 17 posts and was definately not a submarine.
Please decide if you are a lackey of The Phantom or of the Mods.

Quote:
Oops - good point Lommy. That's how behind I am at the moment - I haven't actually got as far as yesterDay's narration which is really bad, technically I didn't even know I was alive to post!
And they all agreed that Kath was innocent. . .

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:52 PM   #694
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Well, actually Aganzir, I knew what to make of Boromir’s explanation, it was Ilya’s actions I did not know what to make of.
I blame you for being unclear. Lynch lynch lynch!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #695
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

I would feel uncomfortable lynching Nogrod today, I need more time on him.

Shasta is going up my suspicion list a bit, and when I'm done catching up with this day (luckily it's not as bad as Day 1), I will post a bunch of stuff on several people.

Based on those already dead, and my thoughts on who's innocent...yada yada, I have 4 wolves amongst 15 unknowns, and doing some process of eliminations/number crunching I hope I can get a better idea here than what I have currently.

Edit: crossed with Agan
Old 11-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #696
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
People are saying I'm suspicious, but won't say why. Kinda frustrating.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #697
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Eonwë's change of posting style stands out I must say. It would be great if he had suddenly decided to get involved as an innocent as he saw he was being suspected - and then trying to show he is not a person who can't make "substantive" posts. And that scenario is possible looking back at the fact that many people have been making just that claim against him; that he tends to follow others or post just "nonsubstantive" things.

But there was little to be learned in there as well. Which kind of is the point that tends to lead me being unsure about him. I mean had he come up with a conclusion: "X and Y are wolves" with that post, I'd say he's a wolf and that's it. But now I'm a bit baffled about his standing.

My first thought was that he should live and show whether he can keep up with that new style and possibly even get serious with it. And I was kind of standing behind that idea, but looking at your reactions, I'm becoming a bit more unsure about it. Maybe this village is filled with people who are more conformist than I presumed... (myself included)

But then looking at Kath's posting I get two kind of vibes. Firstly she seems to be more benign in her relation to me that I remember her ever being. And surely, voting or suspecting someone just because you tend to suspect that one "every time" is stupid and maybe she has gotten over it? So maybe I'm just the slower one just trying to catch that possibility, but her slight trust on me (= she's not trying to lynch me immediately) looks a bit suspicious to me.

But the second vibe is that her pointing at Greenie looks like something I hadn't quite concentrated on myself. And I must admit I'm the worst person to look at her as her father I'm totally blind to her. But there's something in that kind of principled stance she has that makes me feel a bit insecure with her. It's like the most you get from her posts is that she is an individual who dares to attack guys like tp on style & stance issues. But she seems to be a bit careful with her opinions when it comes to actual suspicions making her a super-wolf when she is one. (Yeah, my problem with her is that I partly think that's the way sahe is and partly I think is she fooling me - and others - with exactly that)

Okay. I was hoping I'd be able to write more but Lommy is now calling for a turn (and it's 2.15AM here) and I'm afraid I need to turn to sleep.

She's actually sighing there behind my back loudly enough so I'll just quit for now.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #698
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
People are saying I'm suspicious, but won't say why. Kinda frustrating.~Shasta
Alright then, you, Brinn's and Eonwe's interactions with eachother on Day 1. I'm putting things together, hold your horses, but there now you know.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #699
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
Alright then, you, Brinn's and Eonwe's interactions with eachother on Day 1. I'm putting things together, hold your horses, but there now you know.
When did I interact with Eonwe? Have I even mentioned him so far?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #700
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

And if you're talking about how friendly I was to Brinniel at the beginning, don't even get me started on how buddy-buddy you and Phantom have been. Glass houses and all that.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:08 PM   #701
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'd better post my thoughts then

Slighly leaning suspicious:

Gwathagor- Not sure, but I'm getting some bad vibes from him. DEEP under my radar- I don't like it.
Nerwen- She's playing? Oh, yes. She's definitely under my radar, and doesn't seem to be there for a good reason.

Slighly leaning innocent:

Boromir88- He seems ok to me so far.
Gil-Galad- Hasn't posted very much and misssed start. Probably innocent.
Greenie- Seems innocent, and sensible. Knows what she's doing and what she wants to do.
Lommy- Doesn't seem too bad. Not as innocent as yesterday, though.
mormegil- Quiet and intuitive.
Rune- Came in late, but seems like he has some good intentions.

Somewhere in the middle:

Aganzir- Many lengthy posts, and analyses a lot. Expands all her comments a lot. Not sure really, but doesn't seem completely benign.
Brinniel- After a bad start, she seems to have redeemed herself in my eyes.
Ilya- Seemed innocent at first but I'm not so sure any more.
Kath- Determined. Sadly she's determined to kill me, but that doesn't really say whether she's innocent or wolf. Used to be under my radar but no longer.
Nogrod- Other than the Boro-Nog thing he seems quite quiet, but maybe that's just me.
Sally- Not as loud as usual. Could be because of RL, but maybe she's playing sneakily on purpose, and plannin behind the scenes. Need to see more of her.
Shasta- I'm completely at a loss. None of his posts ever give me a strong opinion, and I keep on flip-flopping between thinking he's slightly suspicious and slightly innocent. No strong feeling about him.
The Ka- Not really sure, but she seems to be quiet and under my radar.
the phantom- Well, he's the phantom. Probaby the innocent type.

If I'm still alive tomorrow I'll go into more detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune Son of Bjarne View Post
Please decide if you are a lackey of The Phantom or of the Mods.
Definitely not the phantom!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:11 PM   #702
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eonwe
Shasta- I'm completely at a loss. None of his posts ever give me a strong opinion
Augggggh. *flail*
Old 11-15-2008, 06:13 PM   #703
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Alright then, you, Brinn's and Eonwe's interactions with eachother on Day 1.
When did these happen? I can't remember that happening.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:14 PM   #704
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Augggggh. *flail*
By the way I meant a strong opinion of you, not whether you had any stong opinions. Just in case you thought I meant it that way.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #705
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Strong opinions. Strong opinions.

Okay.

Phantom annoys me, but that's usual. I think he's probably innocent this time.

Still think Brinniel and Nerwen are innocent, as well.

Lommy and Aganzir also feel good.

Gwath and Eonwe are both under the radar with me. And where's Sally? If any of those three were lynched, I probably wouldn't shed too many tears. (Sorry guys!)

I still think THE Ka needs to be looked at.

Morm speaks sense. Boro as well, but I'm getting a weird vibe from him, and wouldn't put it past him to want to fool an innocent Phantom by being - I'm sorry, I can't think of another word for it - sycophantic. (Pun intended.)

I'm drawing a blank where Nogrod is concerned, but am inclined to trust Greenie.

That's all for now.

Edit: X'd with two Eonwe's.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #706
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

My Eönwë case from day 1.

During the later part of day 1 Eönwë said he was going to make a list of reps who got voted seemingly out of nowhere. It took him a day, but at least he did it now.

He agreed with Greenie who complained about favouring loud players and talked about the advantages of being quiet. However, although quiet players may come up with things as well as loud ones, and although everybody doesn't have to make dozens of posts a day, posting at least about your initial suspicions helps also others. Yes, the main aim of werewolf is to catch the baddies without being caught yourself, but the way the wolves are caught is talking. I don't care how much a player talks, but I'd rather they posted more serious talk than jokes and banter.

Here are Eönwë's answers for some questions I asked in my earlier case, and here my comments on them. Eönwë, why wouldn't you have voted Brinn? I just see you didn't reply to it last time.

Eönwë doesn't talk about people very much - jokes randomly more than accuses. He cast a bit suspicion against me, though, after I had said I didn't have a proper case against Legate yet voted him anyway, and asked why I didn't try to lynch someone I suspected. The problem was I wasn't sure about anyone. He also speculated I put it out in the open just so anyone couldn't accuse me of hiding something.
I think that was quite a daring move from Eönwë given that besides Legate he was my other voting option back then. I'm not sure how easy it would be for me to imagine an Eönwolf questioning me after I had suspected him pretty much earlier.

He voted Lommy for rep, promising to explain his vote and suspicions in the second half. According to him, most people he wanted for his rep wanted him dead. Who were these people, Eönwë? He also said he wouldn't be doing his service for the village if he was lynched instead of a wolf. I can give you a piece of advice (and I hope it doesn't sound like I was pressurizing you into it): I think if you posted more about your actual suspicions instead of just showing up, people might find it easier to trust you.
He could apparently have voted also for phantom or Boro, but didn't think they would need any extra votes. Well phantom didn't become a rep today, so better not count on that.

Then there's this post concerning those who got to be reps despite posting little, which he promised to do yesterday. I found it a bit weird and out of nowhere at first, but when I actually read he had promised to make it, it didn't feel that strange anymore. He's right when saying that Brinn's posts aren't enough to see if she's innocent or not, but I already told I didn't mind it that much. All in all, although yesterday's rep voting begins to be a bit old issue already, there's nothing wrong with the post in my opinion.

I am feeling better also about Eönwë now, and there's yet another person I'm unlikely to vote today. He's a bit weird at times, but mostly he comes across as pretty genuine.

edit: xed since my last post
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM   #707
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Wait. I said morm felt quiet. But it seems he has more posts than me (not after this post though). He goes right up into the suspicious list for being so under my radar.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #708
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And if you're talking about how friendly I was to Brinniel at the beginning, don't even get me started on how buddy-buddy you and Phantom have been. Glass houses and all that.~Shasta
Relax alright, it's not so much you and Brinn's manner early day 1, it's mostly what Eonwe's posted, which has been connecting all three of you together.

It's going like this...since I'm suspicious of Eonwe, and there's been playful banter between all three of you, I've grown suspicious of you as well.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:21 PM   #709
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Okay, I've been doing some errands and chores today and I actually haven't watched my football game yet, I'm leaving soon to watch it (recorded). I haven't caught up on the thread but I have skimmed a bit. Ilya and Nogrod are beginning to catch my eye a bit more but Nerwen still will get my vote. She is playing very smart and I'm fairly confident we have one on our hands here. Anyway I will try to catch up later, hopefully before voting time but it is doubtful.

++Lynch Nerwen

I think the more the Boro/Nog thing goes on the more I'm inclined to believe Nog a wolf. Boro is bringing up some good points as well as others. I also would like a further look at Ilya. She is wise and very smart and it is showing in how she plays. I am beginning to not trust her and no more will I give her the newbie benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:22 PM   #710
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
It's going like this...since I'm suspicious of Eonwe, and there's been playful banter between all three of you, I've grown suspicious of you as well.
And again, I don't recall saying anything to or about Eonwe Day 1 (though if you find something, please, do post it ).
Old 11-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #711
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
She's actually sighing there behind my back loudly enough so I'll just quit for now.
I had to pause just to visualise this. It was amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Shasta was buddying up to me because he knows in RL when I run for President I will nominate him as my Vice-President, and he want to be sure I don't change my mind. If you don't believe me, just check his sig.

Now I'll be off to make a proper post...

EDIT: X-ed since #705
Old 11-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #712
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
I think the more the Boro/Nog thing goes on the more I'm inclined to believe Nog a wolf.
That reminds me. One of the reasons I'm drawing a blank (but beginning to be suspicious of) Nog is his vote for Boro today. I can see making someone you're suspicious of a representative to see what they do, but Nog's vote was just extra power to Boro, who already had the two requisite votes before Nog voted. It's kind of like "Hey, I think this guy's gonna stab me. Let's hand him a knife and see what happens!" - it doesn't make any sense to me.

A question that I just thought of, for our dearly departed Moddesses - What happens if, heaven forbid, the village dwindles to two villagers and one wolf? The wolf could very easily not vote, and since we can't vote for ourselves, there wouldn't be any representatives that day, meaning no lynch, and an easy win for that wolf.

Edit: X'd with Brinn. Brinniel/Shasta 2012!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:29 PM   #713
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
When did these happen? I can't remember that happening.~Eonwe
In post 102 you jokingly vote for Shasta and say he would probably be vote as a rep. And in 109 you joke that Fea would make him a wolf, because everyone would trust his psychic powers and he'd vote badly (lynching innocents.

Now while those can be considered playful bantering in post 368 you defend Shasta not so jokingly...
Quote:
He always seems to be right (well not about me, but generally). Now people can just latch onto him if they think he's innocent and hope he still has his "psychic powers". Of course, this also allows WW to "latch onto him" and not look suspicious.
[...]
Same idea. He seems to have gained a lot of trust lately (Though not in this game, strangely enough- but I didn't know that at the time!) When I said vote badly, I meant that it is bad for the village.
That is a not-so joking defense of Shasta, when you responded to Agan's questions.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #714
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I don't like it how I conclude that every person I've been suspecting is probably innocent.

And I want to go to sleep soonishly and I have no proper idea who to vote.

edit: xed with Boro
Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #715
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
When did these happen? I can't remember that happening.~Eonwe
Quote:
And again, I don't recall saying anything to or about Eonwe Day 1 (though if you find something, please, do post it ).~Shasta
Quote:
Shasta was buddying up to me because he knows in RL when I run for President I will nominate him as my Vice-President, and he want to be sure I don't change my mind. If you don't believe me, just check his sig.~Brinn
Jeez I mention you 3 and everyone just starts popping out...

Well Eonwe was here before, but definitely Shasta and Brinn, you two have suddenly appeared after being relatively innactive today?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM   #716
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Quote:
That is a not-so joking defense of Shasta, when you responded to Agan's questions.
I wouldn't really call that a defense.

Quote:

Well Eonwe was here before, but definitely Shasta and Brinn, you two have suddenly appeared after being relatively innactive today?
Well I think it'll just be those two now, it's kinda late here so I'll be going soon.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #717
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I find it really curious that Shasta, Eönwë and Brinn all (well, except she didn't that much ) considered Boro's very random point about them interacting on Day1 worth commenting or even defending oneself against....

(Longer post coming soonish...)

edit: xed with Boro and Eönwë
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #718
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:

Well, considering I've been at the theatre since 7:30 this morning and just got back about two hours ago...
Old 11-15-2008, 06:35 PM   #719
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I find it really curious that Shasta, Eönwë and Brinn all (well, except she didn't that much ) considered Boro's very random point about them interacting on Day1 worth commenting or even defending oneself against....
When someone talks to me, instead of about me, I tend to respond.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #720
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir
Yeah, I slept in until 11am then spent most of the day in the editing labs working on my film before heading off for dinner. I got back over an hour ago, but it's taken me some time to catch up...