The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-15-2009, 07:38 PM   #681
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, so Alon and Tum are too chummy then? Is that what's going on?

Well first, have you made sure that they aren't BFF?

If so, then I suppose I could vote for Tum on the basis that one of her nick-names is too close to mine.

Still considering Rikae though. But maybe leaning Shasta overall. I wish he was here to yell at me and then maybe I'd get a better read on him.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #682
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
Oh yes, because if I were evil I would make a slip that obvious. Give me some credit here, Rikae.
I meant because she wasn't a wolf or the bear
This made me raise my eyebrows because it seems like both overreacting to a joke and a bad, hastily-made excuse.

I think the bear might have though Hakon was the cobbler (I would have agreed with him/her there!) and killed him because of that.

Rikae is making herself look like a cobbler.

What, Mira is speculating about gifted identities? What's that?! More cobblers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Mac, the only other one who is pinging the radar is Sally. Yesterday and today she seems confident, it's not the right word but almost smug. Confidence isn't gained by being ordo or gifted.
While I agree with you on principle, I think that what might look like confidence in sally's attitude is just a certain light-heartedness that is hard-wired in her very being.

Hey people, btw, if you quote someone, can you put the name (and the real name, not the role name!) of the quoted person there? Otherwise it's difficult, especially for those who need to read through quickly.

Rikae confuses me.

Mac has kind of double standards because he says some things should not be talked about and then he continues that himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al
I think we gave the wolves too much on Day 1 - an inundation of posts and then a lot of seemingly innocent-on-innocent voting/disagreements. I'm sure the wolves jumped on the bandwaggons - either doing it skillfully enough so as not to draw suspicion, or deciding to simply tack on their vote near the end of the Day. Either way, we're royally screwed if we don't start sniffing them out.
Couldn't phrase it better. We'd really better catch a baddie toDay, especially as there are two kills per Night.

I skipped Mira's Hakon-analysis out of tiredness (sorry!) but read the conclusions and disagree. If a Rikaebear was seriously annoyed by some player, I think she could kill him just to be rid of him. I know she protests, which slightly alters my opinion but not totally because a) unless I'm mistaken, she has lied about never doing something before when being a baddie and more importantly b) if you have to survive through all of the game alone and someone is constantly attacking you and annoying you by that, it is perfectly honourable to kill them!

Oh, Nerwen seems to have summed the possible reasons to Hakon's death quite nicely.

Ai ai, I just realised that the death of seer doesn't only take from us the dreams, but also half of the evidence from the wolf-kills. I don't like this at all...

Argharghargh it's going phantocentric again! Hey people, can't we just treat him like we treat everybody else, please?

Rikae, love, please cool down. I like you personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta
++Mirandir for pointing out gifteds, which is how we caught Boro last game.
Exactly, looks like she's trying to catch gifteds... which sadly probably only points at cobblerism, though. (Oops looks like morm said that before I wrote this part, too bad, I shoud read more carefully.)

Mmh I have played two games of RL ww recently and nailed every single wolf (Aganwolf & Legatewolf + Greeniewolf & Spawnwolf & nondownerwolf) but now I'm so much at loss looking at avatars instead of people's faces and having at least double the amount of players as before... and ok ok I'll stop gloating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nienna
Lommy: has been having fun with Downers without us… but nothing suspicious on the game front
Quit whining and come to Finland next summer

And just fyi, I will have xed with everyone. Off to read more!
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:39 PM   #683
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
No mention of Inziladun, phantom?
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #684
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
As an advanced warning...

I'm at the 'rents house for the week end, as they are away and I am on puppy-watching duty, and not all that thrilled. Erm...well the puppy-watching part is great, but they still have the worthless expensive piece of crap called AOL, and on top of that as they live in hick country, the only thing internet connection available out here is dial-up. Right now the 'net is being really sluggish. If I'm not on at the DL, I told wilwa to close down the day as soon as she can.

But, if it's not closed at 11, I expect silence. Anyone who is allowed can of course start their night time activities and one of us will be here as soon as possible to officially close the day and reveal the role of the person lynched. I would certainly hate to keep you all waiting too long

As a side note, since the Dark Monarch represnts all that is soul-less and wrong in the world, she must have invented AOL and dial-up.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:42 PM   #685
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Mac has kind of double standards because he says some things should not be talked about and then he continues that himself.
Hmm?
Old 08-15-2009, 07:43 PM   #686
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I should really go to sleep as it's close to 5am here, but then again, I have already missed a lot of game, I can sleep tomorrow and I have no idea who to vote (I feel like maybe voting Shasta, but that's just gut-feeling and general impression stuff, and it's not Day1 anymore and we can't afford to be careless), so maybe I'll stick around until the deadline. Yay for staying awake until 6am!

edit: xed with Boro and Mac, added "until the deadline" in order to make more sense
Old 08-15-2009, 07:45 PM   #687
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Howdy howdy...spent the day at the Ren Faire, so I'll be reading up and posting...as soon as I pick up my brother. ><
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #688
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
No mention of Inziladun, phantom?
No. Mainly because you voted for him. You've been spookily absent from my mind this game and it's creepy. I thought I remembered talking with you and working with you etc in the past but I just totally haven't hit stride. Maybe it's my fault, maybe not. Not saying you're suspicious to me. To the contrary- I have no opinion of you.

So for today I'm going to not have anything to do with you or your primary suspect.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:47 PM   #689
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macalaure View Post
Hmm?
Just referring to the Mira-slip incident. The comment maybe doesn't make any sense anymore since everybody started to talk about it anyway, but back when it occured to me it made more sense. But I guess the basic point remains that you brought the slip to spotlight by talking about it - even though the wolves would have (probably) noticed it anyway. You just handed it a bit fishily, that's all.

edit: xed with Dury and tp
Old 08-15-2009, 07:49 PM   #690
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I'm almost disappointed there has been so little posting toDay. Well, relative to yesterDay anyway. Okay, not really--that'd mean I'd have a lot of catching up to do into an evening that has included fire, presents, and (thus far) three beers.

I'm pacing myself, but I might be a bit fuzzy anyway.

Inziladun's vote for Morm, as noted several times already, has an odd--even malicious--air about it. Not necessarily a baddie's vote, I hasten to say, but it's not a particularly cooperative vote and the fact that Inzil was already on my "Radar" list means that he's pulled up to the head of my lynch-candidates race.

++ Inziladun

Obviously, I can retract and change, but it'll take quite the Last Hour argument to do that--especially with Beer #4 looming somewhere on the nearer rather than further horizon.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:53 PM   #691
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Well, now that an admittedly drunk Formendacil has voted Inzil, I certainly can't jump onto that train.

See Mac. I just knew it wasn't for me. This is a sign. It confirms it.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:54 PM   #692
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
Yay for staying awake until 6am!
I admire your moxie, really. 6 AM? Whew. Don't think I could do that... By the way, cool sig
Old 08-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #693
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
Mira --> Rikae
Shasta
--> Mira
Morm
--> Rikae (2)
Alona --> Morm
Nerwen
--> Mira (2)
Sally --> Morm (2)
Inzil --> Morm (3)
Mac --> Inzil
Rikae
--> Alona
Autume --> Inzil (2)
Nessa --> Alona (2)
Form --> Inzil (3)

Morm and Inzil 3, Mira, Rikae and Alona 2.

Left to vote:
Brinn
Durelin
Lommy
Nienna
the phantom
Old 08-15-2009, 07:59 PM   #694
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Well, now that an admittedly drunk Formendacil has voted Inzil, I certainly can't jump onto that train.
phantom, love, you can't say that I'm drunk--all the cool Downers will think I'm a total lightweight! I'm more of an admittedly-buzzed Formendacil who has living flesh and blood people here that are kind of distracting him from the virtual reality. (See? I'm cool! I haz real life friends--okay... family. But still!)

Even tipsy would be a bit harsh, really. I'm not even mistyping more than usual.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #695
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Yay for staying awake until 6am!
*passes Lommy a cup of coffee* For your dedication...fresh pot too. Hopefully you take it with cream and sugar
Old 08-15-2009, 08:04 PM   #696
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Even tipsy would be a bit harsh, really. I'm not even mistyping more than usual.
Yeah sure...*passes Form powerade* That stuff works the best, restores your electrolites and what not.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 PM   #697
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

I really hope the wolves have already voted. Five people with 3-2 votes is an open invitation to them. I think we could use some retractions at this point.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #698
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Haha thanks guys but really, it's nothing much, I've done it before and besides there's not much difference between 4.40 (when I finished reading) and 6, is there?

I have the feeling I might have to skim through Inzil's posts just to find out why everybody suspects him. And maybe skimmng through Shasta's posts just to find out why I suspect him might be good too.

edit: xed with Mac - ooh yes, having a look a the vote tally could be a good idea...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #699
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'd rather not have this at a tie, but at the same time....oh, I don't know.

I did something to alleviate my boredom/spur me to decision. Shall post shortly.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:12 PM   #700
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Or maybe I'll do what I threatened earlier and try my level best to make sure the score is tied at the end.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:15 PM   #701
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
I really hope the wolves have already voted. Five people with 3-2 votes is an open invitation to them. I think we could use some retractions at this point.
Well, as things currently stand, I'm certainly not retracting. I'm uncertain about Inzil's guilt, but I'm even less certain about Morm's, and it seems really unsporting to kill off Morm when he can't even defend himself--and said so. Especially when Inzil, who should have known this and apparently took advantage of it, is still around looking suspicious.

*is sticking around for a bit, though--the family's not calling and after a longish day, a touch of quiet is somewhat relieving*
Old 08-15-2009, 08:16 PM   #702
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by the summarist
Morm and Inzil 3, Mira, Rikae and Alona 2.
To me, morm looks innocentish.

I don't see the case on Inzil, but that might be just because I haven't been reading the thead so thoroughly.

Mira looks cobblerish, but she could as well be a silly ordo.

I kind of suspect Rikae, but then again, I start getting bad vibes of her everytime she gets irritated so I should have to try to figure out if I suspect her only because of that or generally.

Alona is more or less completely under my radar.

edit: xed with the three
Old 08-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #703
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Phantom, love, you should have seen this coming....

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is Phantom's voting jive.

One, two, three, four, five, everybody on the thread well come on it's time.....
To make voting posts 'fore it's too late.
I've got some thoughts but I wanna let them marinate.
Let's not mess up like we did yesterDay.
Me like a vote? There ain't no way!
I like Durelin, Alona, Lommie, not Rikae.
And as I keep thinkin', you know they're missin' Pitchie.
So what can I do? I gotta vote for someone.
To me lynching is so fun for all, hun.
Any volunteers? I'd like to vote for Shasta
Come on, dude, can I kill ya?

A little more Nienna in my life,
A little bit of Sally on my side.
A little bit of Brinn I'd love to see.
And another Tum (that's all I need....)
A little bit of Fea (That's just wrong!)
A little bit of Wilwa all night long.
A little more Nessa (that's all she wrote?)
A little bit of guilt gets you my vote!

Vote Tum or Rick, don't spread them all about.
No, don't vote for Lari, put your money where your mouth (is)
Type up your vote, explain yourself right.
Highlight it too, or you're not very bright.
Hit the plus key once, hit the plus key twice
And if it look like ++This then you're doing it right.

A little more Nienna in my life,
A little bit of Brinn I'd love to see.
And another Tum (that's all I need....)
A little bit of Fea (That's just wrong!)
A little bit of Wilwa all night long.
A little more Nessa (that's all she wrote?)
A little bit of guilt gets you my vote!

I'd still vote for you, I'd love to kill a girl like you.
But don't vote for me, dead or alive.
One vote for me will make me cry

....Phantom's voting jive....

Now back to your regularly scheduled game.

ETA: Video link to the original. Sorry it's not the original artest, but the original video....well, it's not that appropriate. If you don't care, however, it's here.

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 08-15-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:19 PM   #704
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Sally is my hero. This is all that I know conclusively.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:21 PM   #705
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Or maybe I'll do what I threatened earlier and try my level best to make sure the score is tied at the end.
I've been sitting here flipping a quarter for the passed 20 minutes...and I just realized it's a Canadian quarter. That will do no good...must go find US quarter!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:22 PM   #706
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Form
Well, as things currently stand, I'm certainly not retracting.
You were definitely not the one I was looking for primarily - we voted for the same person.

I'm mostly hoping for the ones who voted earlier and said they might change their vote later.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:24 PM   #707
alonariel
Wight

alonariel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to alonariel Send a message via MSN to alonariel Send a message via Skype™ to alonariel
Quote:
You were definitely not the one I was looking for primarily - we voted for the same person.

I'm mostly hoping for the ones who voted earlier and said they might change their vote later.
Mac, to allay at least some of your fears, I've been considering retracting for the last hour, but I'm gonna wade through toDay's posts one more time, and then make a final decision. I don't want to lynch a gifted and let the wolves best the village again toDay.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #708
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
Sorry, but this just bothers me. People should retract just in case possibly all 3 wolves still have to vote? What if they actually voted for the person they found most suspicious their first vote around? Absurd! Really I guess I can't blame you because it does seem like people are using the 1 retract a day that way. Oh, well, let's just toss out a 'place-holder vote' as people have called, just to test to waters, see how people react, cause I can always retract if people find my suspicion suspicious...

So right now I would love to vote anyone who uses their retraction just for the sake of using it. Let me see who that is. Of course if none of those people have any votes yet I don't know what I'm going to do.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:27 PM   #709
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Also wouldn't mind voting Sally.... ><
Old 08-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #710
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I've been sitting here flipping a quarter for the passed 20 minutes...and I just realized it's a Canadian quarter. That will do no good...must go find US quarter!
I think I'm going to have to return your Powerade if you're going to talk like that about the Queen's image.

As for the elk... well... yeah...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #711
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Incidentally, the fact that I posted a song doesn't mean I'm a wolf. History ain't repeating itself, so don't even try it. Just sayin'.

Here's my dilemma. I think both Morm and Dun are possibly guilty but I'm not sure which is more so to me. Morm tripped my radar a smidge yesterDay while Dun completely flew under for me, at least for the most part. ToDay, however, Dun's really screaming to be voted, and Morm's said some things that make me even less sure about him (his innocence, not his guilt). I'm a bit torn.

EDIT: x'd since Durie's post. Awwww, what did I ever do to you? Song stuck in your head?
Old 08-15-2009, 08:33 PM   #712
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Sally- out of the park, girl!

Shasta, Rikae, or Tum.... which one.... which one....
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #713
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I'm here! But I haven't read anything yet, and seeing how many pages there are, I doubt I'll catch up. We'll see if I end up voting or not; if I do, the explanation will probably have to wait til toMorrow, should I still be alive.

Sorry for my absence; I'm moving out of my apartment soon and have been busy enjoying my final days in NYC.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #714
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

By the way, did anyone ever tell me why chumminess couldn't be taken as a sign of BFFs rather than Villains? (concerning Alon and Tum)

And because Brin was nice to me I may just vote for whoever she votes for. Where are you, dear?

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Hi Brin!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:34 PM   #715
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Shasta - I don't like his eagerness to vote Pitch, nor the sort of aggressiveness he has when phrasing it. He seems otherwise quite grumpy too, which doesn't sit right with me at all, nor does his rather hasty vote for Mira (even if he was in a hurry!), it just looks too much like a conscious bandwagon-start-try.

Inzil - his Rikae case is a bit fishy and he is a tad too self-conscious and somehow sly, but that seems to be his style so I'm not sure... doesn't come across as too honest, though, but I'd hate to vote him for so little reason...

edit: xed with everybody after sally's song
Old 08-15-2009, 08:37 PM   #716
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
By the way, did anyone ever tell me why chumminess couldn't be taken as a sign of BFFs rather than Villains? (concerning Alon and Tum)

And because Brin was nice to me I may just vote for whoever she votes for. Where are you, dear?

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Hi Brin!

Kissup.

Frankly, I think it's unlikely they're both baddies. One could be the bear and one a wolf or some other combination, but I think it'd be rather silly of them to be so obvious about their ties. Maybe it's just me.

Okay, Oh Phantom, Voter of the Pretty Ones, if you had to choose between Dun and Morm which do you find more suspicious? I'm not asking you to vote one of them necessarily and I doubt it'll sway my choice either way, but I want to hear your opinion.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #717
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally
Now, is this a hint or not...
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #718
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I'd say it all depends on what kind of chumminess it exactly is.

edit: xec
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #719
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Sally- out of the park, girl!

Thanks!
Old 08-15-2009, 08:38 PM   #720
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Hm, phantom, something you posted earlier made me think you noticed something I was trying to point out to you, and your reaction had me just about ready to trust you - but now it seems as though, if you did notice what I was trying to tell you, you must be evil and using it for evil purposes...
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote