The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #641
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Beregond is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
I see Agan has joined in the random produce-mentioning game, which means she's obviously in league with Greenie, Berry, and Rune. :P

It's not really that simple, though. If we're lucky, the ranger will protect her. If we're even luckier, the ranger will successfully pull off a bluff of not protecting her when the wraiths expect him to, and then be able to protect her toMorrow night, buying her two dreams. It's been done before.
If you want to know, when I saw Greenie say she was eating, or going to eat, a carrot, I thought "Hey, carrots are known to help eyesight! It's code! Eyesight = seeing, seeing = seer. Greenie = seer!" At which point I stupidly replied with my own vegetable of choice, and added in some words of Gollum for no particular reason. Yes, that's the truth. I should not have brought any attention to it, if there was a chance she was really the seer. Luckily I think I was plain wrong.

I did think about the ranger today, but didn't want to mention it, because I didn't see the point of bringing it up. I said we shouldn't sit on our hands, meaning we'd still better figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
One thing I'm wondering about: If Brinn is a wraith, which I definitely consider possible, why does she also mention Sally as a wraith? And why would a Lommywraith point the finger at her fellow wraith Sally if she wants to sow confusion?

This whole thing just seems wrong.
Since Sally had already been mentioned, Brinn could have considered her a lost cause and put her on the list so that we would ask your very question. It almost cinches a Sally lynch tonight, giving everyone else another day. Who knows, maybe Sally doesn't have the time to play anyway? She hasn't been posting a whole lot.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-28-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: crossed with Rikae, Greenie. And I was curious, so checked: I've started a new page 4 times now - so has Rikae. Weird!
Beregond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #642
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

And I wanted to add:

Before it gets lost on the previous page, we should consider Rikae's idea of lynching Brinn tonight instead of Sally, if we can be sure Brinn is the impostor.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #643
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
If Lommy is doing this as a wraith, she's sacrificing both herself and her buddy – half the team – at a time when neither is suspected. Sure, some might, but Lommy is not Fea, Nilp, or yours truly, so I wouldn't expect crazy suicidal moves.
It would be pretty foolish for her to try it as Ferny, as well, unless she had a very good idea of who the wraiths actually were so she could avoid getting them killed. If there had been some sort of hinting to give her such an idea, she wouldn't have named Sally.
That's exactly the truth. We have to, most of all, bear in mind that Lommy - even if Brinn would be speaking the truth - would be Ferny, not a Wraith. It will be quite reckless to tell a name of a Wolf just to make herself a Seer. Unless it was a mistake, but such a luck? Again? When Brinn would have just dreamed of Sally? That stretches it almost beyond possibility.

Quote:
Why don't we lynch Brinn first? Sally is tbe less experienced of the two, and therefore, she's the one I'd rather have helping make the kill choice toNight and advising Mr. Underhill. Besides, Sally's death is not going to shed any light on the Brinn-Lommy situation (if anyone is seriously wondering about it).
Let us not forget, though, that apart from Sally and Brinn, there would be yet another person to advise Mr. Underhill. But it is true that this idea is really not bad - I would go for it, actually. Only, it means discarding the possibility of the Wolves in (vain) hope leaving Lommy alive for the next Night, hoping that toMorrow might turn in the favor of Brinn and Lommy would be lynched (though, okay, not likely they would do that anyway - too dangerous).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meneltarmacil View Post
One thing I'm wondering about: If Brinn is a wraith, which I definitely consider possible, why does she also mention Sally as a wraith? And why would a Lommywraith point the finger at her fellow wraith Sally if she wants to sow confusion?
Quote:
Ah, but that's the brilliance of it. The chances she'd stop us from testing Lommy's seer reveal by lynching one of those she calls wraiths is slim to none. Normally, after the lynch proves the real seer right, any other wolf she dreamed would be done for. This way, she would still have a (tiny) chance.
Eexactly.

EDIT: Haha. I x-ed with Rune. Precisely, because when I posted my post and it appeared, Rune's post was already there too, just below mine. I like that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #644
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Alright, it is probably the flu rather than a simple cold, so i am not getting home tonight. . . I guess I will just vote Sally as both our seer's agree on her.

I am very sorry about being of no help today.

If Brinn is a wraith, then I am rather impressed with the fact that she decided to sell out Sally just like that.

++Sally

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #645
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Yes, I'd like to lynch Brinn too, because she makes me feel cursed. This is the third time I'm the seer and the third time one of the wolves tries a desperate counter-reveal. (Brinn might use some advice from Noggie though... back in my first seer game, when no one believed him, he said: "happily I'm not a gifted, so you can lynch me". Wouldn't you like that, Brinn? ) Besides, Brinn's fake reveal gives me headache. Not because I'm afraid people won't believe me or something like that (Brinn's lie won't get her far) but I'm just wondering what if our ranger is one of those individuals who are unsure? That could be a disaster. So there's one more reason to lynch Brinn now.

++Brinn

About sally... yes she's an ordinary wraith. (Besides, why wouldn't she be? I caught her because she was acting fishily with Brinn and she wouldn't have done that if she was the RB. Besides I have a far better idea of the RB's identity anyway.) Well, lastly, if you look at her comment, it doesn't even look like a RB comment to me. At least I did not take it as such when I read it, (but then again, I knew she was not the RB).

Okay now I'll see if there are any individual quotes I need to reply to... and everybody (even Brinn ), if you have questions for me, just ask...

edit: xed with Rune and Legate
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:19 PM   #646
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond View Post
Before it gets lost on the previous page, we should consider Rikae's idea of lynching Brinn tonight instead of Sally, if we can be sure Brinn is the impostor.
Yep, truly. What is the voting looking like now? I would probably like to retract to Brinn, and anyway, toMorrow we are going to choose between the two of them - so why not toDay.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #647
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune
If Brinn is a wraith, then I am rather impressed with the fact that she decided to sell out Sally just like that.
What else could she do? Claim her innocent and she'd fall with her anyway? The only way Sally would not have been doomed is if she had made a third "reveal". (I'd have loved that. )

edit: xed with Legazzone
Old 01-28-2009, 03:27 PM   #648
Lariren Shadow
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Lariren Shadow is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via AIM to Lariren Shadow Send a message via MSN to Lariren Shadow
I'm not sure what to think of the revels. Mostly because both of them convienently list two known dead innocents and the other in their lists of "dreams".

Then there is Sally. Who has pretty much given up considering that she knows she is probably going to be lynched. While she did leave the comment in her post about rings, would it be so impossible for the wolves/wraiths to turn Frodo and then throw Frodo to us in a way to save themselves?

Just thoughts.

I have to do my reading for tomorrow and celebrate submitting my last grad school application.

Last edited by Lariren Shadow; 01-28-2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: x-posted since 642
Lariren Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #649
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Macalaure is dead?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #650
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
Macalaure is dead?
Hmm, a wolfy slip, p'haps?
Old 01-28-2009, 03:39 PM   #651
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

I'm definitely prepared to retract my vote and choose Brinn instead. I'll wait till later just to be sure, before I lock in my vote.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-28-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: crossed with Lommy, Legate
Old 01-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #652
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Oh my, Agan. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
On day 1 she mostly bantered with others. She was always rather quick to defend Fea & Lari, but it's maybe understandable.
I will admit, on Day 1 I was quick to defend Fea and Lari, but that was due to RL attachments. You'll notice that I've been working on not doing that anymore, even going so far as to flat-out say that I will throw either of them under the bus if I think they're guilty.

Quote:
Okay this is a minor thing but she said Looks can be deceiving, Berry suggested she's a wolf because she doesn't look like one, and she said he caught her. I don't know if a newbie wolf would do that.
I highly enjoy making deceiving and/or sarcastic comments. Make of that what you will.

Quote:
Then there this which tripped my radar:

The beginning makes me a bit uneasy because it kind of screams "We are aligned! Close your eyes and don't see it!" but on the other hand I find it quite unlikely that those two are wolves together, because, well, two rather new wolves just doesn't sound very probable.
You would be correct. ^_^

Quote:
She voted for Lommy, whose flip-flopping had been bothering her for the past few pages. Her vote post is close to the end of Page 5. Lommy's last post is close to the end of Page 3. The first lines of that post were Continuing my flip-flopping on this topic...
Why vote someone because of something she has admitted herself? Well yeah of course she could be trying to look good by admitting the weird things she does, but Lommy is famous for her flip-flopping (okay this is not something I automatically expect you to know). But the vote is a bit forced-looking still, especially as she hadn't talked about Lommy at all earlier.
Honestly, on Day 1 I didn't have much analytic reason to lynch anybody. At that point I was going with my gut feelings, which in that case turned out to be wrong.

Quote:
When Mira voted, it became Brinn-3, Mac-2, Lommy-2, Gollum-2, Lari&me-1. If she and Brinn are wolves together, why didn't she vote for Mac to slighten the chance Brinn was lynched?
Because Brinn and I aren't wolves together?

Quote:
Although I agree with Mira that the Gollum bandwagon was odd, I think her reaction to it

is a bit exaggerated. If she's a wolf, she knew Gollum was innocent and could make herself look a bit better by saying that.
That would imply that I knew Gollum was innocent. I do have a tendency of overreacting and generally try to take some time to cool off before saying anything (both here and in RL) but was a little hyped up, what with it being so close to deadline and all and didn't take that time that I usually do. The way I reacted to Rune's comment yesterDay should prove that.

Quote:
Mira also asked why there had been no talk about who the ranger might be although every other role had been discussed. Well there had been a reason to talk about the other roles, but usually it's better if we don't share our speculations on them because it's always possible the wolves haven't realised those things yet.
I could see that as a newbie-wolfish seemingly innocent inquiry.
See, that didn't occur to me at the time, being a newbie. Not a newbie-wolf, mind you, but just a newbie.

Quote:
She was quite quick to agree with Fea when she accused Dury. Fea was innocent but that doesn't change the fact that Durelin was an easy lynch with, erm, not so good reasons.
The only thing Mira had said about Dury in her analysis was that she hadn't posted much that day. Now all of a sudden she was mighty suspicious. Okay, granted, she posted IC under an hour before deadline only after Mira's post, but Mira accused her for her first ranger post.
She ended up voting Dury. I find her vote fishy. Her explanation was that she posted IC 40 minutes before deadline which was a strange move and makes her very suspicious. This was the first time she mentioned Dury's IC posting, which others had mentioned earlier, though. It's just such an easy vote that it bothers me. She xed with two other Dury votes, though, so she probably thought hers to be the second instead of fourth vote for Dur.
Although my reasoning may not have been the best, it was close to deadline and I didn't have anybody that I felt would be a better lynch candidate. And yes, I did think mine would be the second vote for Durelin and was rather surprised when I checked the cross posts to see more votes for her.

Quote:
Mira was suspicious of Rune because of the way he treated Fea. I think her reasons were pretty much dependent on Fea's guilt, of which people were rather sure yesterday.
She voted for Rune after an argument between them.
While it is true that I was suspicious of Rune because of the way he treated Fea, it wasn't because I was convinced of Fea's guilt. I never know what to think about her, even when we're not playing together and I know her role. It just seemed weird to me that he was defending her so vehemently with no apparent reason.

Quote:
Today she hasn't been around yet.
Sorry about that. Classes and whatnot.

I'll be back in a few hours to do some more contributing before deadline.

Last edited by Mirandir; 01-28-2009 at 03:44 PM. Reason: x-ed with everyone since Lommy
Mirandir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #653
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The picture is ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
I see Agan has joined in the random produce-mentioning game, which means she's obviously in league with Greenie, Berry, and Rune. :P
Eek you caught me!

Rikae's suggestion to lynch Brinn is a good one. I thought about it too but she managed to post first. I don't think it makes much difference which one of them gets to chat one night more, but it would be rather uncomfortable if the ranger protected Brinn while the wraiths attacked Lommy.
*scrolls down further and notices Lomz has already said the same*

I don't really understand Menel. First he seems to trust Brinn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menel
And Brinn, I always figured you were on our side.
and in his next post he says
Quote:
If Brinn is a wraith, which I definitely consider possible, why does she also mention Sally as a wraith?
That's some serious flip-flopping.

When I saw his first post I thought it could be a cobbler hint but even then it would be rather obvious. It's just that on our side phrasing.

Greenie is making me laugh but at the same time, I don't know, she scares me. There just seems to be a certain reluctance to state her opinion on who she believes. But I want to go through Greenie's posts before judging her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
While she did leave the comment in her post about rings, would it be so impossible for the wolves/wraiths to turn Frodo and then throw Frodo to us in a way to save themselves?
What do you mean? That sally is Frodo?

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-28-2009 at 03:46 PM. Reason: xed with Berry & Mira
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #654
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
I'm definitely prepared to retract my vote and choose Brinn instead. I'll wait till later just to be sure, before I lock in my vote.
Yep. There is hardly that much to wait for... but well, one just feels better. It's this "what if..." But I will vote her anyway.

Quote:
I don't really understand Menel.
(...)
That's some serious flip-flopping.
I wouldn't call it that bad, I think Menel is behaving genuinely and quite reasonably. Carefully. At least I am inclined not to suspect him.

Quote:
What do you mean? That sally is Frodo?
I took it the way she did not read, or understand, what has been said properly.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #655
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Yeah well it's impossible now that Mira and Lari were both wolves so those parts in my analysis could be erased as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
I do have a tendency of overreacting and generally try to take some time to cool off before saying anything
So now you should understand why Rune said that having played with him earlier would give one an advantage. Someone unfamiliar with your playing style could easily suspect you because of that overreacting.

Quote:
While it is true that I was suspicious of Rune because of the way he treated Fea, it wasn't because I was convinced of Fea's guilt.
And actually your reasons didn't even depend on her guilt. Rune could as well be a wolf who was trying to buddy up with an innocent / possible cobbler. But then again he just likes playing with Fea.

Okay I'm starting to feel better about Mira. But at the same time I'm afraid of making the Gollum mistake (he was a newbie wolf and I suspected him heavily but lessened my suspicions the moment he bothered to respond to my accusations properly. It was a mistake I paid for with my life), ie I don't want to forget all about her, either.

Hmm I wonder if it tells something about me that I always go after newbies...

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-28-2009 at 04:00 PM. Reason: xed with Legz
Old 01-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #656
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Unless...both Lommy and Brinn are wraiths/ferny/bad, working together. Is that possible? It doesn't make sense, since only one of them is likely to last the next two nights, unless Sally is passed over twice in favour of someone deemed more dangerous. It would be a pretty devious plan.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-28-2009 at 04:02 PM. Reason: xed with Agan
Old 01-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #657
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Hmm, now I took a look at the voting (to determine how many people might retract for Brinn, or how many won't probably come back), and you know what is funny? We were pretty stupid, as, unless I overlooked something, Brinn started the voting herself. And we just blindly followed (of course, it makes basically no difference if we vote one wolf or the other, but still, I guess we - at least me - did not stop much to even think whether we could have voted otherwise).

Just for those curious ones:

Brinn => Sally (Sally 1)
Menel => Sally (Sally 2)
Rikae => Sally (Sally 3)
Nerwen => Sally (Sally 4)
Mahatma => Sally (Sally 5)
Legate => Sally (Sally 6)
Greenster => Sally (Sally 7)
Rune => Sally (Sally 8)
Lommy => Brinn (Sally 8, Brinn 1)
Old 01-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #658
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Unless...both Lommy and Brinn are wraiths/ferny/bad, working together. Is that possible? It doesn't make sense, since only one of them is likely to last the next two nights, unless Sally is passed over twice in favour of someone deemed more dangerous. It would be a pretty devious plan.
I thought about that in the very origin, but it is just senseless. If they are both impersonators, they will both end up dead eventually, and very soon. And one Sally is not worth it anyway. (And count into it what Sally said: that she is the Ringbearer. This way, she admitted that she is not an ordo, too - that she is a wraith now; whether she would lie about being RB or not. There would be three of them revealed. Not worth it at all.)
Old 01-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #659
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
I wouldn't call it that bad, I think Menel is behaving genuinely and quite reasonably. Carefully. At least I am inclined not to suspect him.
I didn't call it bad, I just said I don't understand what made him change his mind like that.

Quote:
I wasn't sure whether she hadn't understood it or I didn't understand her.

Berry, if they all were wolves, it would leave only one alive. And it'd be quite, well, unnecessary to sacrifice so many of them. Also, in that case there'd still be the real seer watching out for them. So I highly doubt they'd do it.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-28-2009 at 04:07 PM. Reason: xed with two Legs
Old 01-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #660
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lariren Shadow View Post
Then there is Sally. Who has pretty much given up considering that she knows she is probably going to be lynched. While she did leave the comment in her post about rings, would it be so impossible for the wolves/wraiths to turn Frodo and then throw Frodo to us in a way to save themselves?
No, it has been shown (see Kitanna's post at #619) that Sally is definitely not the Ringbearer, and just said that to confuse the village. Also, perhaps, in the hope that we would overlook connections between her and the third original wraith on earlier Days.

EDIT: X'd since Legate at #654.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #661
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Errr ok I reread sally's post and got why you thought she was Frodo. I must not have been paying very much attention to her post, I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Although I remember Lommy wavering about the dreamed-of Fea too... But it was different.
Yes. You guys gave me a horrible headache yesterDay by trying to get both my known innocents lynched. I was really unsure how much I should defend Fea and I was not even convinced myself about her un-Fernyness. (In fact, at one point I was sure she was Ferny, she had done that Durelin-fiasco just to look so suspicious that she'd be dreamt of and then she'd manage to draw out the seer by seeing who comes to defend her on the following Day... and I cursed myself for being stupid enough to sort of defend her although I had not fallen on the "trap" since I had dreamt of Fea earlier... I'm really glad that scenario isn't true.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Lommy has no more evidence than I do.
*raises an eyebrow* I don't? Check. On my Day2 summary, I used the word "simply" in the descriptions of my opinions of my dream subjects and not when describing anyone else. YesterDay, all my seer dreams were "gut-feelings" unlike everyhting else (even my real gut-feelings were just "feelings".) Were you as considerate in your phrasings to leave the village a message in case you get killed at Night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
And to be honest, I'm not sure Lommy would do it even if she was the cobbler.
I would consider it, for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinn
Secondly, why not dream of Lommy? Is she that unusual for a seer pick?
Yes, at least for a Night1 pick because I'm always so transparent (except in the game where I was wolves with tp ). I mean, a village with people as confusing as Fea, Mac, Nerwen, Aganzir and Greenie, you'd pick me as Night1 dream? Silly, I say.

edit: xed since my last
Old 01-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #662
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

(I had to look a while before I found myself on Legate's list. )

Oh my, didn't realize so many had cast in. We can still change though, easy.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-28-2009 at 04:10 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy, Nerwen
Old 01-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #663
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

But this voting Brinn looks good. I suggest we go for it. Indeed, my friend Mohandas Karamchand there is enough of us who may retract and change the lynchee, and even more who haven't voted yet.

--Sally

++Brinn

And I like Lommy's post. And makes me even more convinced who is the real Seer here.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:21 PM   #664
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlo
Yes. You guys gave me a horrible headache yesterDay by trying to get both my known innocents lynched.
Sorry love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomzy
I would consider it, for sure.
Bah I was supposed to say "without any provocation, at least." Apparently I forgot it.

++Brinn

I feel like going through Lari's posts but I know I don't have enough energy for a massive analysis now so maybe I'd just better not do it yet. Besides I might want to go to sleep soonish, anyway.

Last edited by Aganzir; 01-28-2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: xed with Legate
Old 01-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #665
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Bah I was supposed to say "without any provocation, at least." Apparently I forgot it.
You did - I just didn't quote that.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM   #666
Beregond
Playful Ghoul

Quote:
Yes. You guys gave me a horrible headache yesterDay by trying to get both my known innocents lynched
Ugh. I'm glad my 0% guilty voting record didn't result in Mac's dismissal. If you're right then I hope he forgives me, though he could still be Ferny...

I hope I'm not wrong for once when I do this:

--Sally

++Brinn

Voting earlier in case it helps sway more voters. *shrugs* I don't think I'll want to change it again anyway.

Last edited by Beregond; 01-28-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: xed with Lommy, for what it matters
Old 01-28-2009, 04:28 PM   #667
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
You did - I just didn't quote that.
You're twisting the truth - you put a period at the end of the sentence so I thought it had really ended there.

Berry you couldn't change it even if you wished. We're limited to one retraction per day if I remember correctly.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #668
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
You're twisting the truth - you put a period at the end of the sentence so I thought it had really ended there.
I didn't. You said that in another sentence.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:44 PM   #669
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
I didn't. You said that in another sentence.
Hmph I should probably go to sleep when I start forgetting my own words.
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #670
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Announcement: I might not be able to get to a computer toMorrow (see admin thread). And maybe not the rest of toDay either.

Anyway... the plan of changing the lynch to Brinn has merit... I'm thinking about it.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:04 PM   #671
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

My thoughts on people.

satansaloser2005 - a Wraith since the very beginning
Lariren Shadow - now I have to look at these two newbies...
Mirandir - ...more closely. My main problem with them is, though, that I don't know what to expect from them. I haven't seen them playing yet. So I don't know if when they say something which looks fishy, if it really is, or if it is just their way of posting.
Thinlómien - Seer
Legate of Amon Lanc - me. Innocent.
Rikae - she seems innocent to me. However, me and her agree in so many things, and she seems so fast, no, better word, so easy to agree on what is "right" (lynching Fea *ahem it seemed right at the moment*, lynching sally, lynching Brinn...) that I wonder if it is not calculated. But, well. Just keeping an eye out...
Aganzir - I am inclined to believe her innocent. She behaves genuinely, posts helpfully and sensibly, not seeming to deliberately do anything which would be harmful for the village.
Beregond - sort of similar to Lari&Mira in the sense that sometimes I don't know. I can sort of relate to his style, and I can see many of his reactions as genuine, although I can see his sort of newbi-ish "oh, yes, sorry, I didn't see that" and "oh, yes, let's do that" as perhaps a thing a newbie Wolf might do as well, try not to stick out of the crowd, but...
Nerwen - I have a rather neutral feeling about her, i.e. nothing to consider her suspicious for, but at the same time not that she would seem significantly active or helpful to me.
Rune Son of Bjarne - not sure, at times I think him innocent from the way he behaves, but I can as well imagine him being guilty. I was thinking about how Brinn put him on her list - now this is always double-edged from a wolf, it may be one way or the other - and also what Sally said about him. But perhaps it's an attempt to make us center on him.
Macalaure - innocent, according to the Seer. Unless being a Ferny or something.
Meneltarmacil - I think he is innocent. Like I said, his behavior seems genuine and quite sensible in its own way.
A Little Green - seems innocent, although I cannot get a very good read on her. She is rather slipping under my radar, but at moments, she gives innocentish feeling.
Brinniel - Wraith. Lynch her.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #672
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I won't make a complete list but I will say just a word or two in case I manage to die toNight.

Brinn and sally are wolves and Mac is innocent. (Okay, surprise surprise. ) I would be, after some pondering, be inclined to think Legate, Rikae, Aganzir , Nerwen and Rune innocent too. (I would not rule out the possibility of A or L being Ferny, though, but it seems unlikely. And I see I put quite many people in there... hmm.. might be likely that someone of them is just fooling me brilliantly.)

Of the rest, I won't say more, except that I think one of them is Underhill and of the rest of them I have no idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the other surviving wraith was among them too.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #673
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
When Mira voted, it became Brinn-3, Mac-2, Lommy-2, Gollum-2, Lari&me-1. If she and Brinn are wolves together, why didn't she vote for Mac to slighten the chance Brinn was lynched?

Because Brinn and I aren't wolves together?
Or maybe because you also thought Mac was Ferny (as many people thought at the time)?

--Sally

++Brinn
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #674
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
You know, listening to Lommy and lynching me is probably the dumbest thing you could do. Do you really want to lynch your seer? Then again, this entire village has been so blind this far with the losses of Fea and Durelin, I guess it isn't all that surprising that you're about to yet again make another mistake and lynch me.

Btw, just because Lommy revealed first, doesn't make her at all more believable. Seriously, if you all think that, it's the perfect scheme a baddie could come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
*raises an eyebrow* I don't? Check. On my Day2 summary, I used the word "simply" in the descriptions of my opinions of my dream subjects and not when describing anyone else. YesterDay, all my seer dreams were "gut-feelings" unlike everyhting else (even my real gut-feelings were just "feelings".) Were you as considerate in your phrasings to leave the village a message in case you get killed at Night?
Sorry, but I don't see how these are valid hints. I use phrasings like that all the time. Of course I'm sure you had this planned out. What a great job you've done so far for the wraiths...you've certainly distracted the entire village for the entire Day, plus you're about to get the real seer lynched.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #675
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And anyways, how very inconsiderate of you all to decide to lynch your seer when she's away..

Ugh, this village is being quite ridiculous. You all bandwagon with the first idea someone has in mind which is the worst thing you can do. I don't know why you'd prefer to risk lynching me rather than vote a known wraith...though I'm sure there's at least one, if not both wraiths are behind this sudden bandwagon. If you keep this up, we will most certainly lose.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #676
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I hate to gloat, Brinn, since, as I said, I admire your spirit (and feel a bit bad for you - it sucks to be seer-dreamt) - however:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't know why you'd prefer to risk lynching me rather than vote a known wraith...though I'm sure there's at least one, if not both wraiths are behind this sudden bandwagon. If you keep this up, we will most certainly lose.
Both? There are four, and you only "dreamed of" one.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:31 PM   #677
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Mac, you are still looking horribly sinister to me, had I not had the word that you are innocent, believe me, I would have suggested lynching you again.
What is it that looks so sinister about me? That I think it's fun that I escaped death narrowly thrice now? Of course I enjoy that! It's the thrill about this game!

Anyway, I definitely believe Lommy and not Brinn. I'd much rather lynch Brinn toDay, simply because she annoyed me by making me think she's innocent all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lari
Mostly because both of them convienently list two known dead innocents and the other in their lists of "dreams".
If you want me, come and claim me!
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #678
Mirandir
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Mirandir is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Or maybe because you also thought Mac was Ferny (as many people thought at the time)?
Nope.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #679
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Since it looks like I'm a goner anyway, I might as well share some thoughts so my death won't be completely pointless. I'm feeling rather bitter about the village's foolishness, but I want to put that aside. Anyway, I really hope the mods won't make seer again anytime soon as I'm finding this completely stressful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Lommy, I thought you might be the Seer. I'm so glad to have been right about something, after yesterDay.
Sounds like something a wolf would say in order to get on Lommy's good side.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
First, Fea. The easy way would be to simply accuse people like Rikae and Legate who were heavily for her lynching. However, I'm not sure whether a wraith would like to be so noisily for lynching someone they know is innocent anyway since that might cast some suspicion on them the next Day. What I think we really need to look at is the people who slip by the flow, voicing a sufficient amount of suspicion for Fea and voting according to the general consensus. I'll see to that if I have time.
This sounds like a smart comment. I would most certainly look at those who went with the flow to keep unnoticed. It's more likely Legate and Rikae are innocent and kept alive to become potential targets.
Quote:
Brinn's way of revealing looks more honest compared to Lommy (when a baddie tries to impersonate a gifted, there's often a certain by-the-way attitude, which I think Lommy had in her post. Garr I can't explain it better, it's just that it takes you a while to realise there's a gifted revealing. Okay that was a bad way of saying it, it's hard to explain), but I trust Lommy more. She being the seer makes much more sense.
I still find this statement poorly said. Do you care to attempt to further explain, Agan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beregond
Actually I just meant the part about "taking a closer look at everyone" having to wait till "tomorrow" after "sleep".
The "taking a closer look" part was somewhat of a hint, though the sleep part simply had to do with RL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
I thought about that too, at first. But then, after re-reading Sally's post, I ruled that out. It would have been helpful for the Wolves to lure the village into confusion on whether one of the Wolves who remain is a Wolf from the beginning or Frodo, but Sally gave it out, and I believe it was an innocent slip. Most of all, because I believe she was not able to communicate with the Wolves yet: I presume at Night, everybody sent their picks, and the Mod needed to get the PM from Wolves, then wait also for the PM from the Ranger (if perchance he did not save the target), and only then send PM to Frodo that he was turned. It would make sense that Sally could not PM with the Wolves at all, therefore she saw her newly formed Wraith-star rise and fall. Most lucky, otherwise it might have helped the general confusion.
I'm sure the wraiths would want Sally to look like she was the RB so that everyone else would stop looking for Frodo.
Quote:
This is an extremely safe comment and inaccurate and possibly wolfish.

Mirandir's defense looks fairly innocent.

Quote:
Rikae's suggestion to lynch Brinn is a good one. I thought about it too but she managed to post first. I don't think it makes much difference which one of them gets to chat one night more, but it would be rather uncomfortable if the ranger protected Brinn while the wraiths attacked Lommy.
*scrolls down further and notices Lomz has already said the same*
Seems like an easy way to bandwagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae
Both? There are four, and you only "dreamed of" one.
It wasn't a slip...there are two wraiths and one RingBearer. Seriously, you're picking apart my words just so you can find a better excuse after your suspiciously bandwagoning vote.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:09 PM   #680
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
It wasn't a slip...there are two wraiths and one RingBearer. Seriously, you're picking apart my words just so you can find a better excuse after your suspiciously bandwagoning vote.
You mean that bandwagon I started earlier toDay?

It's kind of ironic... I was hoping you were the real seer.