User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-16-2003, 07:40 PM   #601
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Katt b has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Suddenly the Halk that had been sitting in the rafters swoops down towards the group of dancing small people.The young elf quickly rushes towards the group and lets out a piercing whistle.

Everyone looks towards her."I'm sorry, she mutters, Kit thought you would make a nice snack ,she says to one of the female Hobbits "But I've advised her against it,it will not happen again."
Old 05-17-2003, 06:53 AM   #602
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Nerindel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Léspheria watched as Silvanis rose from his seat, his bicep's bulged and rippled in the soft glow of the firelight as he stretched the stiffness from his limbs. As he sat back down gazing thoughtfully into the burning embers of the fire, she gazed at his rugged features. She couldn't help but smile, remembering a description she had once heard.

'A soft pale rose amidst a tangle of coarse thorns and wild brambles.'

The speaker had of course been speaking of her beauty amidst the rugged weather beaten Rangers she traveled with. But to her it was a more accurate description than anyone could have imagined.

A soft rose although beautiful and delicate to look on, also have thorns of their own and all that knew her knew to be weary for her thorns were deadly, in battle her ferocity matched that of any of her companions. As for the Rangers being compared to the rugged and coarse thorns of a wild untamed bramble bush, this too held true. Their weather hardened features and their often weather stained attaire gave this impression, but even the wildest bush bore the sweetest fruits. Their gentle kindness, loyalty and love for those they named friends was unmatched by any other race of men she had met. Yes, they hid it well but it was there and a part of their nature for those who cared to look for it.

As she gazed at Silvanis she could see that this too was indeed true of him. He then turned to her saying 'Have you been to the south of the Anduin, especially now that it is somewhat safer to travel the ancient caravan routes of Harad and Khand? I could tell you of my journey's there if you like.'

'Indeed I would' she replied with a sparkle of intrest in her soft grey eyes, 'Indeed I have not been that way, the furthest south I have been is to the fair lands of Ithilien' she continued. She took a long sip of her cider and waited patiently for him to begin.
Old 05-17-2003, 09:54 AM   #603
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

alaklondewen has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

More action than what Estella had expected was taking place around her. Hobbits were dancing, and a large bird was flying around. She wasn’t quite sure what to think about it all.

She watched as the Innkeeper approached her from behind the bar. “Hello, there. May I help you?” She asked while smiling sweetly at Estella.

“Yes, you may. I came for a pint of ale,” Estella was feeling a little anxious, and her voice sounded gruff. The Innkeeper nodded and proceeded to serve the middle aged hobbit. “Thank you much.“ Estella nodded at the young woman with the kind smile.

Sipping on her ale, Estella let her eyes wander around the large, smoky room. A few familiar faces caught her eye, but she saw no one she knew personally. She was grateful there was no one who had been harsh to her in the past. This might be easier than you thought, ol’ girl, she smiled to herself and continued drinking her ale. You might even make some friends.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 05-17-2003, 11:28 AM   #604
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Attention: ElenCalaIsil #6928 and Alatariel Telemnar #7536

Check your PM’s (Private Messages).

Do not post in the Shire until you have gotten back to me.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Notice to all posters in the Green Dragon Inn:

Please familiarize yourselves with the Rules of Posting in RPG’s and in the Green Dragon Inn. They are found in The Red Book of Westmarch.

You will be expected to follow these guidelines, whether or not you have read them.

Inappropriate posts will be returned to their writer with a warning and the post itself will be deleted from the board.

Posters who continue to be unable to follow the guidelines in The Red Book of Westmarch will be referred to an Administrator and run the risk of being banned from posting on the Barrow Downs.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Points of general information:

1.) Time frame in the Inn:

At this point the Green Dragon Inn is in the Fourth Age, about year 13. Elessar is King. It is mid-summer.

The Ban against Big Folk has been somewhat relaxed in the Shire for purposes of this 'game', and all sorts of creatures from Middle-earth are seen passing through the Shire and visiting the Inn.

2.) A basic rule concerning posting in the Inn, from The Red Book of Westmarch:

There is to be no independent RPG'ing within the Inn. Don't try to play your RPG storyline by coming into the Inn thread with it.

3.) Be very careful when you introduce characters which Tolkien, himself, wrote - any of the Fellowship of the Ring or other characters drawn by Tolkien in his writing.

Develop your own character which is Tolkien-friendly and use that character instead of manipulating one or more of Tolkien’s characters.

~~ Piosenniel, Shire Moderator

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]
Old 05-17-2003, 04:04 PM   #605
Tinuviel of Denton
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tinuviel of Denton has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Tinuviel of Denton
Silmaril

Niniel watched Soronume go to the bar, her eyes never leaving him. She wondered why he'd refused healing, but felt a little better in that, in this, Elwen was no more use to him than she. She still longed for the closeness they shared. Well, not quite the same kind.

Soronume glanced toward the table, and Niniel turned her head, embarrassed at being caught staring. She looked around the inn instead, though every few moments she would look back at Soronume. She saw a Ranger sitting at a nearby table with an elven maid, and grimaced. Though he hadn't the same look of cruelty about him, he reminded her too much of the bandits that she'd lived with for a time, disguised as a boy. They had frightened her, but the orcs had frightened her more.

She shook her head to clear it of those memories. She glanced into a corner where a huge hawk was flying around and once again toward the bar. And Soronume.

She felt a little uncomfortable with Elwen. The star maiden seemed so far above Niniel that it seemed almost sacrilege to talk to her. Soronume could do it, but without his presence, Niniel felt rather like a small and rather dirty child who was sticking her nose where it didn't belong.
Old 05-17-2003, 04:38 PM   #606
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

The small woman(Waenturwean) sat back down in her seat and called the SMALL Hawk to her shoulder,While stroking the birds neck she thought to herself*What a queer sight all these people are,laughing and carring on,am I so differentyou that no one will talk and laugh with me?*

She decided to make her way to the InnKeeper to see if she could find a little something to eat,for she had not eaten for some time now.She only cared if Kit was hungry and rarely thought of herself.

She approached the bartender."Excuse me Sir you would not happen to have some fruit I could purchase?" The bartender told her to wait and he would see what they had in stock.

She sat contently by the bar and looked around,she saw a woman sitting not far from her.The woman glanced up and their eyes met, the woman smiled.Waen gave her a suspisious look*Why would this woman be taking an interest in me?*
Old 05-17-2003, 05:32 PM   #607
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Send a message via AIM to Nerindel Send a message via MSN to Nerindel Send a message via Yahoo to Nerindel
Sting

Fawain and Lóthaniel sat for hours with Daethaur discussing routes and secret passages under the mountains. Lóthaniel leaned back in his chair and stretched his stiff limbs and had a look around the now busy room.

He saw a young woman sitting in the corner alone. No, not alone a small hawk sat in the rafters just above her head, as she tied her hair up he noticed that she was an elf, he was suprised at how short she was. He decided he would leave Fawain and Daethaur to sort out the finer details of their journey, and go and join the young elf.

He excused himself, and went to the bar to get a refill. 'some more mulled wine my good lady' he said smiling warmly. Aman smiled back at him while filling his glass, he handed her some coins telling her to get one for herself, she thanked him. He raised his glass to her and excused himself saying 'I think there is a young lady in the corner needing some company' and with that he went over to join the Small Elf.

'May I join you' he asked smiling warmly, just then the the Hawk swooped down from the rafters defensively and sat on her shoulder screeching loudly. He didn't flinch instead he looked directly at the hawk and let out a low screech of his own the hawk screeched back approvingly and flew back up to the rafters, he turned back to the small elf saying 'my name is Lóthaniel Dëafea from Rivendell and you are....'
Old 05-17-2003, 05:38 PM   #608
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Sting

Enessar sat with his ale in the inn, hoping that his brother would pass him by. When the time was ripe, he would avenge his father.

Tales whipered around him as he fought to stay conscious. He heard a faint "...and then we came here to find rest and adventure..." "...and, if you don't like it I'll..."

If he had really cared he could be the center of all attention, being one of the first Firstborn. But, doing so would reveal him to his brother, and he did not want to confront him now.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: bilbo_baggins ]
Old 05-17-2003, 05:42 PM   #609
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Silmaril

As Estella finished her mug of ale, a small elf woman who had a hawk on her shoulder approached the bar. Being curious (or was it nosy?) about this young elf, Estella smiled shyly at her then looked away quickly. The ale had taken the edge off her nerves, and she was beginning to feel a little brave.

“Excuse me, may I have a soda,” Estella asked the bartender who had come back to the counter. The young man quickly served her beverage, and she thanked him.

Glancing around again, she took a deep breath and got off of her chair, moving closer the rather curious elf and her bird. “Hello,” she cleared her throat nervously and continued. “Beautiful day it is,” she nodded toward the door.

At first, the elf looked at her suspiciously, and Estella almost returned to her seat, but a slow smile crept across the elf’s face. “The name’s Estella Proudfoot,” Estella stood proudly and held out her hand.

Another elf approached of whom the hawk seemingly did not approve, and a bit of a commotion followed. However, the elf unexpectedly answered the bird, and it flew back to the rafters. The newcomer introduced himself as Lóthaniel.

[ May 17, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 05-17-2003, 05:45 PM   #610
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

The following is posted on behalf of arelendil who cannot access her computer tonight but has written and asked me to post this for her:

Soronume had left the table for drinks, declining Elwen's offer of help. She knew why he had said no, it did not surprise her for it was the answer she knew was coming.

The table had fallen silent. Niniel who had been watching Soronume at the bar shifted as if to rise and follow him but Elwen grabbed her hand saying, "Give him time, it is hard for him to bare."

Niniel turned to look at Elwen and sat back down.

"Soronume and I" began Elwen, "are just friends. Dear friends yes, but nothing more." Niniel smiled at the star maiden, a slight flush coming to her cheeks.

Elwen laughed. "I can read your face and movements Niniel, not your mind." Elwen sighed and smiled at Niniel. "He does have a way doesn't he?" A teasing smile played over her lips. "He told me once long ago that he could not form new bonds with anyone until he had found what it was he sought. He has been gone a long while but still a cloud hangs about him. I do not think he is yet ready."

Elwen turned to smile at Soronume as he glanced over from the bar where he was waiting to be served. She turned back to the maiden.

"But perhaps I am wrong. The cloud about him is not the same that I once knew. Maybe this is one that the light of the star maiden alone cannot pierce. I leave it to your judgement."

Elwen sat back in her seat, playing absent-mindedly with the silver ring on her left hand.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:48 PM   #611
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

She jumped out of her chair in awe and anger."How dare you come off with such insolence,you should have introduced yourself first Stretch!she says with an approving smile.

"Come sit, join me for some ale!"as she lets him sit first,a sharp whistle leaves her mouth.Kitathas swoops quickly down and lands on Waen's shoulder as she seats herself.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:57 PM   #612
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

Soronume stood at the bar and turned back to the table where Niniel and Elwen sat. He caught Niniel's gaze and she quickly looked away. Elwen did nothing but smile as he turned back to the bar where Aman was waiting.

"More drinks Sir?" she asked politely as she took the cups from him. "Thank you" he replied as he looked back to the table where the two maiden's were now talking. As Aman was fetching the drinks Soronume continued. "You must forgive my rudeness earlier lady Aman, I never did have the opportunity to answer your question." She smiled at him as she brought the drinks to him. "Then please, continue now" she replied.

"As I said earlier, I have recently come from Mirkwood, but I cannot say I am familiar with Tallin, was it?" She nodded. "Though I confess I knew very few in those parts, only those whom I travelled with, unless she may go by another name?"
Old 05-17-2003, 06:03 PM   #613
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Waen turned and looked at the small Hobbit woman "and what may I ask are you?I see he is an Elf and there are many men here, but I have never seen one of your kind till I came here."

The bird on her shoulder gave her a slight nip on the ear."Kit does not like it when I talk harshly,Please excuse me."
Old 05-17-2003, 06:12 PM   #614
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Silmaril

"The name's Estella Proudfoot," Estella repeated. "We're hobbits, halfings, you might say."

Estella had not expected a question of that nature, and she looked down at her feet. "That's a mighty fine bird you got there." Her voice sounded gruff. She pulled out the chair next to the elves and hoisted her plump body into the seat.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:22 PM   #615
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Lóthaniel, was taken aback by the young womans tone, but he sat down anyway. She turned to address a middle aged hobbit wowan that sat beside her.

"and what may I ask are you?I see he is an Elf and there are many men here, but I have never seen one of your kind till I came here." Lóthaniel was shocked he thought every elf knew what hobbits were, he smiled at the Halfling trying to make her feel a little less awkwarded than he felt at this moment.
Old 05-17-2003, 06:24 PM   #616
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"Yes she is a fine bird,sometimes!"As she strikes a look at the bird."But she thinks she is my mother!"The bird ruffles her feathers as if she knew what she had said and disapproved.

Waen laughed and pushed the bird off her shoulder lovingly"You know your nothing like my mother Kit,you actually love me!"
Old 05-17-2003, 06:32 PM   #617
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"So you say your name is Estella?Mine is Waenturwean but you can call me Waen if you so wish."Waen could see the look upon the elf's face and blushed.

"Sorry,my life was....very ...sheltered.I did not learn of such things, only pretty poems and songs.Excuse my harsh words,if they offended you I am sorry."
Old 05-17-2003, 06:39 PM   #618
Silmarien
Wight

Silmarien has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

“Well, my mother is at least ¾ Took and my father ½ Brandybuck. I don’t think I have any Baggins in me at least not from what I can tell from the family tree and hobbit family trees tend to be very extensive.” She paused and ordered a cider from the Aman. “and one for my new friend.”

After whetting her throat she continued. “The Mudruffins have been round for a quite while but tend not to be adventurous which in the Shire is by most considered to be very respectable. But, being as I am, at least ½ Brandybuck and Took me and my siblings have a propensity for... mischief.” In her eyes Cet could see a rascally light.
Though here at journeys end I lie in dakness buried deep, beyond all towers strong and high beyond all mountains steep, above all shadows rides the Sun and Stars forever dwell:I will not say the Day is done nor bid the Stars farewell!
Old 05-17-2003, 06:59 PM   #619
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Lóthaniel gracously accepted the Elf's apology saying 'there was no offence taken I was just suprised, I just thought everyone had heard of the halflings after the heoric deeds of Frodo Baggins and his faithful friend master Samwise Gamgee.' He smiled again at the halfling and introduced himself my name is Lóthaniel and I am from Rivendell, it is a pleasure to meet you.'

He then turned back to Waenturwean saying 'So where are you from and what brings you to the shire?' He sipped his wine waiting for her to answer.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:05 PM   #620
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Sting

Estella placed her soda back on the counter and shook the elf’s hand. “Nice to meet you…Nice to meet both of you,” she leaned over and smiled at Lothaniel who returned her smile.

Feeling more comfortable in this new atmosphere, Estella shifted her weight back in her seat and settled in. When she left home this evening, she wouldn’t have guessed she’d be sitting with two elves. My goodness, this was turning into an interesting time.
Old 05-17-2003, 07:14 PM   #621
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

"I have heard of this Frodo but my mother always kept me away from war and anything to do with fighting,she said I must make up for my size in loveliness."

"But lets not talk of that anymore.I am from far Lothlorien,and about me being here,why not I do not wish to only know of lovely things,instead I long to fight."As she says this she gazes off with a look of distane,recalling an awful memory of name calling and hurtful glances.

*How can I explain to him how hard it is to be different,longing to learn to fight,but always being forbidden,or laughed at*
Old 05-17-2003, 08:17 PM   #622
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Silmaril

As Waen spoke about her home, Estella thought she looked troubled, so she reached out and touched the elf on the elbow affectionately. “Are you okay?” She asked.

Waen smiled and shook her head, “Of course, I’m fine.” She pulled her arm away from Estella, but the hobbit thought she looked like she was recalling some kind of memories.

“How about a drink?” Estella was trying to lighten the mood. She got the Innkeeper’s attention and ordered a drink for each of them.
Old 05-18-2003, 11:53 AM   #623
Dorelnar

Silmaril

The door to the inn once more opened, letting in a weary traveller. His dark cloak and tunic of the same colour, a twilight blue. His hair dark like the night and his skin was fair but for a faint tan lingering.

The stranger gazed about the room as if looking for something, as if that was all he had ever done. His eyes came to rest on two maidens sitting at a corner table by the fire. One of them caught his attention. Could it be? She was glowing! Faintly, yes, some of the light obviously obscured by the light of the flickering fire but it was no mistake, she was glowing. A white light surrounded her. It was obvious to him that this maiden was, although she looked like it, no ordinary elven maid.

The stranger headed for the bar. It was worth finding out more before he approached her.

A man stood at the bar, talking to the inn keeper. He kept glancing over to the table where the maidens sat, did he know them? With three drinks before him, the stranger thought so.

"Good sir, pray tell me do you know the two maidens yonder?" the stranger inquired tapping the man on the shoulder.

Old 05-18-2003, 12:24 PM   #624
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Eye

The stranger came in and headed for the bar. Aman smiled at him as she approached. He tapped Soronume on the shoulder politely.

"Good sir, pray tell me do you know the two maidens yonder?"

Soronume turned, but shook his head. "I'm afraid not. Im not personally aquainted with them."

Aman came in here, wanting to be of some assistance. "I believe their names are Estella and Waenturwean. The man with them is Lothaniel of Rivendell. Would you like a drink?"

The man shook his head, seeming distracted. "No, no thankyou, Lady...?"

"Aman. My name is Aman."

"And my name is Soronume." Soronume also extended a hand. The stranger shook both, smiling. Aman turned back to the elf in front of her.

"Please, continue." she said. Soronume nodded.

"As I said earlier, I have recently come from Mirkwood, but I cannot say I am familiar with Tallin, was it?" She nodded. "Though I confess I knew very few in those parts, only those whom I travelled with, unless she may go by another name?"

"Others? Anyone I might know?" Suddenly she remembered how he had winced earlier and clutched his arm. As if it had been pierced, and never healed...something Elentari had said came back to her and she turned back, tipping her head slightly to one side inquiringly. "Maybe...Elentari Greenleaf?"
Old 05-18-2003, 01:08 PM   #625
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No sooner had the door to the common room closed at the back of the twilight-clad man, than it opened again to allow the entrance of a tall maid dressed all in brown and a deep forest green. She wore a headshawl that had been pulled forward to veil the lower portion of her face, but the long-lashed and kohl-lined eyes that remained visible were bright. She hesitated just inside the threshold and let her gaze take in the inhabitants of the room.

There were no familiar faces amongst the assembly of men, hobbits, and elves, but that wasn't surprising to her. The one individual, a hobbit, that she had come there to see had already sent word that she would not be there. Undaunted, Benia Nightshade had decided to go to the Inn anyway. She had travelled many miles up the Greenway to reach Hobbiton and now believed that nothing would suit her better than a cold pot of ale and a good tale or two beside the fire.

Stepping up to the bar, she noticed that the barmaid - she believed she had heard her introduce herself to another as Aman - was already engaged in conversation with two individuals, a Ranger, Benia guessed by the look of one of them. The other she took to be an elf.

She could wait. If her father, Old Jack Nightshade, had taught her one thing in life, it was patience.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Ealasaid ]
Old 05-18-2003, 02:02 PM   #626
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

Soronume was talking to Aman when a stranger walked over and questionned him. "Good sir, pray tell me do you know the two maidens yonder?"

Aman was quick to answer on his behalf, though she was mistaken. Soronume turned to the man. "Indeed Sir, if you enquire of the star maiden and her friend, I do know them." He looked down to the drinks on the tray before him. "May I ask why you enquire of them at the bar, and not at their table?"

"I had thought I recognised one of them" he replied. "Oh?" Soronume sighed. The man laughed. "There is no need to seem so protective, I was only enquiring of the lady." "In that case my'lord, would you care for a drink, and to join us when I return to them in a few minutes?" The man nodded.

Aman brought back the fourth drink and introduced herself to the newcomer. The three shook hands. Aman tipped her head to one side, and mentioned a name that this time, Soronume was familiar with.

"Elentari Greenleaf?" she questionned. Soronume's expression changed at the sound of the name. "Yes lady Aman, Elentari is known to me. A good friend. She accompanied me, or rather led me and others to Cirith Ungol. She beholds great power, Elentari does."

Aman nodded with a smile, realising that it was the same Soronume she had heard Elentari talk of. "You have heard from her, in Mirkwood?" Soronume questionned, then continued. "I have not heard word of her since I left Mirkwood. I assume she is in good health and enjoying her new-found post of responsibility?"
Old 05-18-2003, 04:05 PM   #627
bilbo_baggins
Shade of Carn Dûm

Location: In my front hallway, grabbing my staff, about to head out my door
bilbo_baggins has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to bilbo_baggins
Sting

Ennesar thankd Aman for the ale, and payed his tab. He did not belong with good folk; he should leave.

When he left the inn, he felt better. His brother would follow him far away, out of Middle Earth.

He would not be seen for many years......
Old 05-18-2003, 07:02 PM   #628
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

The news had reached her while she was washing up the supper dishes that Benia had been seen in town. It had been so long ago, another lifetime really since Gilly had any dealings with the foreigner. She didn’t particularly want to become ensnared again in the world outside the Shire, but still she was curious, though with deep reservations.

By the time she had reached the common room she was in an agitated state, hoping that she might go by unnoticed. She was a middle-aged hobbit now, respectable, married, graying. Benia represented the wilds, something dangerous, a way of life that still held an inexplicable draw to Gilly.

But she had traveled so far to reach Hobbiton. Gilly simply couldn’t let her own misgivings interfere with Burrows hospitality. It wasn’t right. After all the past was the past. What could happen?

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Hilde Bracegirdle ]
Old 05-18-2003, 07:13 PM   #629
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

Sting

Lóthaniel saw that Waen was holding back, but he was never any good at drawing people out, his twin sister was the better at that sort of thing. He decided that if the elf wanted to share her thoughts with them she would in her own time?

Estella had tried to comfort the elf, but when Waen had told her that she was fine the halfling turned and ordered them a fresh round of drinks. Lóthaniel thanked Estella for his drink and raised his glass of wine to her saying 'So what news is there in the shire this fine evening?'a boyish grin spread across his face, he knew how much the halflings loved to gossip and tell tales of the Shire and it's history. He was sure this halfling would be no exception.

He put down his glass and decided to light up his pipe again, for he also knew how long hobbit tales could go on for. Chuckling inwardly to himself he packed his pipe with some long leaf he had in a shabby old green pouch, He lit it up and took a couple of puffs, then sat back in his chair making himself more comfortable to listen to the hobbits tale.

[ May 18, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #630
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Silmaril

Estella graciously thanked the bartender for serving the fresh round of drinks. The elves thank her and she held up her mug in a toasting fashion.

She sat back and took a large drink of her ale as Lothaniel enquired about the Shire. Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand, she started, “Well, we’ve had some strange folk coming across the borders, since the rules have been relaxed.” She wanted to say such as yourselves, but she kept that to herself. “Tommy Hornblower, my second cousin once removed on my mother’s side, is a bounder in the north. He says there’s an abundance of non-hobbit folk traveling through. The Bolger’s, Bungo and Aldarida who live next door to me, said their son Ted told them…” Only taking an occasional break for a sip of ale, Estella continued to fill the elves in on current affairs in the Shire. Before she knew it, forty-five minutes has passed and her mug was dry.

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: alaklondewen ]
Old 05-19-2003, 06:09 AM   #631
Nerindel
Spirited Weaver of Fates

1420!

Lóthaniel sat blowing smoke rings and sipping his wine, while Estella filled them both in on the recent going on's in the Shire. He had been listening so intently to Estella's recount that he hadn't noticed his mug slowly draining dry. As she finnished, he lifted his mug to take another sip only to realise it was empty, looking to his companions he noticed that they too had finnished their drink's. He tapped out his pipe putting the unburnt weed in his pouch and his pipe in his breast pocket and Jumped up cheerily, grabbing the empty mugs "I think another drink is in order." he said in a soft melodic voice.

Still smiling he left them and made his way to the bar. As he looked about he saw that the innkeeper, Aman was in deep conversation with a tall male Elf, a Ranger by the look of his well worn attaire. Not wishing to interrupt their conversation he looked around for someone else to serve him. He saw no-one else in the bar area, but at the other end of the common room was a small well set hobbit woman but she too seemed extremely busy serving the patrons at that end of the room. 'It look's like I'll have to interrupt the good lady's conversation after all' he thought regretfully.

He turned to the innkeeper smiling politely "Excuse me, Dear lady, I am sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if I could have a refill for me and my friends?" he enquired, placing down the mugs in his hand and pointing in the direction of his new friends.

"And were is that sister of mine, I was lead to believe that she would be helping you out here" he added trying to hide his awkwardness at having interrupted Amans conversation, behind his mischevious smile. As Aman poured their drinks he looked about for his sister, he spotted her sitting by the fire with a tall grey haired man, 'another Ranger and a Dúnedain if I'm not mistaken' he thought to himself. He turned back to Aman laughing "It seem's she has been distracted" he said nodding in Léspheria's direction, "by a Ranger no less, I fear that it may be some time before you have her help again, she has a great fondness for the Rangers and their..er.. tales." he continued.

He then turned to the Elf that Aman had been talking too saying "I must apologise for my Manners, I have been rude enough to interrupted your conversation with this fair lady and I have not even introduced myself. My name is Lóthaniel Dëafea and I am from Rivendell, it is a pleasure to meet you" he said extending a hand of friendship to the Elf. As he looked at the elf he thought there was something familiar about him, he wondered if this elf was from Rivendell or if he had passed though.

[ May 19, 2003: Message edited by: Nerindel ]
Old 05-19-2003, 09:02 AM   #632
alaklondewen
Song of Seregon

Silmaril

Lothaniel politely offered to acquire fresh drinks for the trio, and Estella was grateful as her mouth had become quite dry from her long tale. The Innkeeper was engaged in conversation, and the elf looked at a loss at first as there was no one to help him at the bar. Eventually, Estella watched as he interrupted the conversation and spoke to the Innkeeper for a few minutes.

At her side, Waen had grown quiet, and Estella was worried that trouble was on her mind. Such a pretty girl, she thought. I do hope everything works out for her. Nodding in agreement with her own thoughts, Estella looked at the elf, then turned her attention to the rest of the room.

She faintly remembered hearing the sweet melodies of a flute earlier, and she looked intently for the source until she found three women who looked tall and strong. The flute was on the table and the women seemed to be discussing it. Estella just wished they would play it again. The soft melody was a comfort to her.
Old 05-19-2003, 11:42 AM   #633
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

"Aye, I have heard from Elentari a few times since then, though not as many as I may have liked- it seems she does not have time for us mere mortals." She grinned to show Soronume that she was joking, for he seemed a little bashful. "She is travelling around Mirkwood at the moment, I believe, or so I was told by a friend of hers; Cet." She nodded in the direction of Cet, and Soronume turned.

Another took advantage of this break in the conversation, and she recognised him as Lothaniel. "Excuse me, Dear lady, I am sorry to interrupt but I was wondering if I could have a refill for me and my friends?" He inquired politely.

Aman nodded, smiling back and began to fill them up, as Lothaniel talked. She laughed with him, and he seemed gratified, so awkward seeming had he been before. She half expected to see him twisting a hat in his hands! Aman placed the drinks on the bar.

"Thankyou, Lady." He grinned again, dipping his head slightly, then turned to Soronume, still seated at the bar, waiting politely and patiently, introducing himself. Aman listened, and her eyes strayed around the bar. They came to rest on the people Lothaniel had been sitting with before. One looked so worried, as if the weight of the world rested on her shoulders. Beside her sat another, looking anxious for her friend. Their eyes met, and the latter smiled, then shrugged. Aman frowned slightly, asking what she was looking for, and Estella mimed playing a flute. Aman took a moment, puzzled, then worked out what she was saying. Nahai's flute. Yes, it would be nice to hear it again, and the beautiful sound would gladden anyone's heart, human, elven or hobbit.

She looked around casually but with a purpose, until she saw Nahai, Morwyn and Nanna. She stared at Morwyn's back intently, wondering if she could make her turn around just by the power of her eyes, but instead Nanna looked at her. Aman had had doubts about this strange elf, but she seemed to have improved, and was getting along well with the other two, much to Aman's relief. Aman motioned, as Estella had, making out she was playing a flute, and after a moment, Nanna's eyes lit up. She nodded at Aman, then said something to Morwyn and Nahai. Nahai turned and Aman raised her eyebrows, asking silently. Nahai turned to the others, then back to Aman, and nodded.

And so, without Aman or Estella saying a word, it seemed their wish would be granted, as Nahai picked up the flute once more.
Old 05-19-2003, 12:36 PM   #634
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Waen was brought out of her thoughts by a beautiful sound of a flute playing,she let the sound wash away all the unpleasent thoughts thou it was hard to forget,all she could hear was the sound of laughter and the wordsDwarf! Dwarf! we do not love you,why are you here!

She began to imagine that all these people were just talking to her so eventually the could cut her down and make her feel like nothing again,just like when she was a child.

Her Father had perished when she was still young,and her mother had raised her. But when she began to get older and she stopped growing,the other elves began to make fun of her calling her Dwarf and excluding her from her favorite things such as learning to use her bow.

Her Mother decided that she would never learn to fight,instead she would learn to be lovely,so that maybe one day someone would learn to love her.

Waen began to fall in to depression. Not wanting to wake in the morning,only hoping she would perish from a broken heart.

Then one evening when she was 999 she decided that she would run away,she would learn to fight all by herself if she must.She packed her bag and some food vowing to never let anyone tell her who she should be or how she should act again!
Old 05-19-2003, 01:00 PM   #635
Ealasaid
Wight

Ealasaid has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Benia had been waiting at the bar to place her drink order for only a short while when another elf approached and interrupted the ongoing conversation between the bar mistress, the Ranger, and the other elf to place his own drink order. Observing, she raised one black eyebrow.

"Ah!" she reminded herself. "One must speak out in a tavern or forever go thirsty!"

Among her mother's people, it was considered rude for a newcomer to speak first without having been acknowledged or invited to speak by another. The custom had been well-ingrained in her, and, not being around other people much, she had to remind herself that not everyone had the same customs. Behind the veil, a smiled danced on the corners of her lips. She might have stood there all night!

In the attempt to get Aman's attention without disrupting the flow of her conversation with the others, Benia raised her hand, forgetting that she had already removed her gloves. In doing so, she exposed the intricately tattooed palm of a nomadic tribeswoman from the deserts beyond Harad. Quickly, she closed her hand and lowered it again, cutting a quick glance at Aman and her companions to see how they had reacted, if indeed they had even noticed. It did not seem to her that they had. She breathed a sigh of relief. Generally, her kind were regarded with suspicion in Middle Earth as the majority of her people had fought on the side of Sauron in the War of the Ring. Her own clan, the Painted Sand clan, had refused and been hunted nearly to extinction as a result. Once numbering in the hundreds, her clan had been reduced to a mere handful of uncles and distant cousins. The Red Eye of Mordor may have been defeated, but there were still those in the world who reamined loyal and who still desired vengeance.

She leaned forward instead, speaking through her veil. "Pardon me, lady, I am sorry to interrupt you and your friends, but I have travelled far and am in dire need of refreshment. Might I trouble you for a pint?" She had worked hard to eliminate the accent from her speech, but a small trace remained. She trusted that no one would notice that either. She was tired of trouble and sought no quarrel with anyone. All she wanted was to find the Hobbit who had rendered her a great kindness many years ago when she had been nothing more than a gangly black-haired teenager.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:22 PM   #636
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Eye

Aman eyed the newcomer with discreet curiosity. The veil was surprising, Aman hadn't seen one of them in years. A group of men and women had come to Rohan, the women's faces veiled so, but they had been driven away by the Rohirrim, as if they had done something terrible. Something about Sauron...She tried to remember where they had been from, when the woman gave her a clue. The tattooed palm- Aman had heard about these people. The nomads of the deserts beyond Harad.

The woman came over, but it was impossible to see her expression behind the veil.

"Pardon me, lady, I am sorry to interrupt you and your friends, but I have travelled far and am in dire need of refreshment. Might I trouble you for a pint?"

Aman smiled and nodded, and sensed the woman was doing the same behind the mysterious veil. "Of course. Ale?"

The woman nodded again.

"Where is it you are from?" Although Aman had a good idea of the answer, she couldnt resist asking.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:24 PM   #637
Maegaladiel
Haunting Spirit

Maegaladiel has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Nahai nodded at Nanna, glad she no longer felt such anger towards her.

"Apology accepted, Lady Nanna," she said. "Of course you may sing along, if you like." Morwyn seemed nervous about this, but Nahai pushed her to try the song.

Nahai listened to Morwyn's halting version of the tune. For a first try, it was very good. She definately had a knack for this kind of thing.

No sooner had the thought passed her mind than the flute let out a shrill sqeal of protest. Morwyn, extrememly embarrassed, pushed the rebellious instrument back to Nahai.

"I can't," she said quickly. The Beorning placed the wooden flute back in her hands.

"Of course you can," she said stoutly. "You're doing fine. When you fall off of a horse, you get back on again, yes? This is the same thing. You cannot give up because one time you think you fail. Play." Nahai looked at her expectantly, waiting for her reply.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:41 PM   #638
Katt b
Pile O'Bones

Sting

Waen stretched her legs and looked up at Kitathas who had fallen asleep in the rafters.*She will be alright for a moment if I get up.I wonder if those maidens would let me try playing that flute I think it sounds so beautiful.*

Just then a loud squeak came from one the the ladies that was playing,she sat down quickly,embarrased.The others reassured her and she began to relax.

*Maybe they will let me play even if I'm not so good,well here goes.*Waen excused herself politely from Estella."I will be right back!"

She made her way to the Maidens."Excuse me I was sitting over there and I heard you playing would you mind terribly if I had a try?"
Old 05-19-2003, 02:45 PM   #639
Gorothlammothiel

Pipe

The newcomer had distracted Aman's attention and Soronume realised he had possibly been keeping Aman away from her inn, and her customers, for far too long. Picking up the three drinks and standing, Soronume spoke to the man sat at his side. "My'lord? Do you still wish to join us?" "Certainly" was his reply as he too stood and they walked across the floor.

Soronume noticed Cet, who Aman had made him aware of, sat across the room and thought that he would enquire of Elentari and the others in Mirkwood later on.

Nearing his table Soronume noticed that his company seemed to hesitate a little. Noticing the look on Soronume's face he continued without again stopping. The maidens noticed them coming, and Niniel's face lit up a little.

"Welcome back" smiled Elwen as Niniel blushed slightly. "Thank you" replied Soronume as he placed the drinks down on the wooden table top. "My'lady" he said softly as he pushed Niniel's drink carefully towards her. She smiled with gratitude. Soronume then turned away from the table to collect another chair and seated it facing the maidens.

"Niniel, Elwen, I hope you do not mind me bringing back company" he asked softly. Neither seemed to show any objection to the necomer so they both took seat. "Elwen, it seems you are known beyond the walls of this inn" he continued with a smile "I found this man asking after you at the bar." Elwen smiled, she seemed to be familiar with this man.

"Let me introduce my company my'lord. This is Elwen," he looked towards the star maiden whose light was growing though not yet distinguishable to those without the knowledge of its existance. "And this is the fair lady Niniel" He smiled as he looked upon the maiden who took a sip from her cup. "I believe I introduced myself at the bar?" The newcomer nodded. "In that case" continued Soronume, "I believe you remain to tell us of yourself?" he questionned.
Old 05-19-2003, 02:51 PM   #640
Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Scent of Simbelmynë

Sophia the Thunder Mistress has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Sophia the Thunder Mistress
Sting

Morwyn smiled despite herself. Nahai could have chosen no better comparison for a woman of Rohan. "Like falling off a horse, eh?" she asked her friend wryly, picking up the flute once more and arranging her fingers painstakingly over the holes.

Morwyn didn't remember the first time she fell off a horse, she suspected her pony had likely thrown her a few times in her childhoood, but she had been a rather determined young woman, when she learned to train them for war.

The first time she was thrown from one of Alric's stallions she'd landed in a disgruntled heap and her husband had nearly died from worry. 'I'm fine,' she'd told him, through clenched teeth, and without a second thought she remounted. The next day she'd had some sore muscles and a vicious bruise on her backside, but she'd won. Morwyn smiled at the memory. Alric had been so proud, her tall blue eyed husband. She pushed the troubling thought of another fall from horseback from her mind, and glanced up at Nahai.

"I've forgotten the tune." she said. "Will you show me again?" Nahai took the flute and repeated the song slowly, her finger movements exaggerated so Morwyn could see them more clearly.

When Morwyn took the instrument back she was more confident, her fingers finding their places easier. She raised the flute to her lips and played. Still haltingly, but a little clearer, the melody began to come out. Nahai grinned.
The seasons fall like silver swords, the years rush ever onward; and soon I sail, to leave this world, these lands where I have wander'd. O Elbereth! O Queen who dwells beyond the Western Seas, spare me yet a little time 'ere white ships come for me!