The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-20-2006, 02:48 PM   #601
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Elu Ancalime has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Elu Ancalime
Quote:
We need to unite, and the Gloin voters are more intransigent. I say Dwarf reducers should follow me if we're to match the Beorn bandwagon.
Aye, but the dwarf voters remain either indesicive or stubborn, and as they do, they protect the eviction of Beorn. As long as the Beorn-voters do not change their vote, the tribe will speak for Beorn.
________
Honda Cb550 History

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Elu Ancalime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:38 PM   #602
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Dwarf elimination is all well and good but has become a triffle bit tedious. We need some fresh meat to evict then back to dwarf tossing...just don't tell the elf.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #603
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril Protest! I want to Protest!

Prostest vote! Be it known, this is only a protest vote! Kili.... *mutterings, grumblings, cursing, and possible theats*

++Beorn
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 03:56 PM   #604
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
Kili sounds too much like Kiwi. I can't respect a Dwarf who's named for a bird and a green fruit.
What about a dwarf whose name is similar to the nickname for the great nation of New Zealand, without which the movies would never have been made? (see if this doesn’t encourage The Saucepan Man to change his vote on general principle of defending the movies )
Old 01-20-2006, 04:42 PM   #605
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

Indeed! Kili retired his name when he was slain. 'Kili', being translated into Aboriginal tougne and then into the local farmer dialect in Wellington, Zealand is the product. (Now of course it had to be New Zealand, because there was already a city in Far Harad(present day Horn of Africa) called Zealand) Kili is one dwarf worth leaving alone, and his brother too. They were the only dwarves in TH that made the ultimate sacrifice(Thorin was a biit too pushy and gruff thus not fondly remembered). Leave Kili alone! Fight against your enemies, not the enemies of your enemies! Beorn did not offer to fight until the end, and while he may have gained attention by rescuing Thorin's body, he secretly let Bolg escape from battle!

Why do you harass a war hero and let the true criminal idle away?
________
TD2

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:09 PM   #606
Lalaith
Blithe Spirit

Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Lalaith is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
If all the dwarves get voted off, blame Kuru for not joining the Tom bandwaggon.

--TOM
++KILI
Old 01-20-2006, 08:22 PM   #607
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kuruharan is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Boots

Quote:
blame Kuru for not joining the Tom bandwaggon.
I beg your pardon madam, but I made a promise and, unlike some people hereabouts, I know how to keep it.

If you had only been willing to be a little more flexible and open-minded in regards to the hairy barbarian I would have been more than willing to help you slaughter trolls afterwards. In fact, my offer is still open if you would care to change your vote…

However, Beware…if you persist in your difficult behavior, the wrath of F.A.T. will descend upon you! Believe me, you don’t want that!!
Old 01-20-2006, 08:55 PM   #608
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
If all the dwarves get voted off, blame Kuru for not joining the Tom bandwaggon.
I could hardly care less for Dwarves. . . I blame you for Tom not getting votet off this island.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 09:05 PM   #609
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Celuien has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuruharan
What about a dwarf whose name is similar to the nickname for the great nation of New Zealand, without which the movies would never have been made? (see if this doesn’t encourage The Saucepan Man to change his vote on general principle of defending the movies )
Worse and worse. It's well-known that the only Dwarf to every visit the great nation of New Zealand (a beautiful place) was the imitator-dwarf, an embarrassment to noble Dwarven folk everywhere, PJ Gimli. PJ Gimli being best known, of course, for bad manners, falling down, being tossed, losing to Legolas in every possible contest, and general buffonery.

Of course, this may be the best way to to get SPM to change his vote.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:18 PM   #610
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Of course, this may be the best way to to get SPM to change his vote.
Please continue.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:42 PM   #611
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Please continue.
What, criticizing movie Gimli to bother SPM? I'd rather not.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:06 AM   #612
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Um, ahem?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #613
Tuor in Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Tuor in Gondolin has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via Yahoo to Tuor in Gondolin
?
Old 01-23-2006, 03:38 PM   #614
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

I suppose Glirdan's a bit busy, so.....

Announcer: "Who will be thrown off the Island next? Will it be Kili who seems to
be cursed being in the Dwarven tribe, Beorn the gruff bear-man, or another
participant unlooked for!?

Now a word from our sponsers:

"Precious"

...and a sneak peak of the upcoming show on Discovery Channel:

"Mythbusters: Do Balrogs have wings?"

And now back to the show..............
________
Honda Life History

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #615
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Ahem.

As Moderator of Werewolf XVI: No Man is An Island, the fifteenth in direct descent from Tol-in-Gaurhoth, Isle of Werewolves, I- as senior Moderator of a Game on the Barrow-Downs, by the Authority invested in me by reason of the Barrow-Wight's founding of the first Werewolf game, do herewith assume authority in the absence of Glirdan, Moderator of Survivor III: The Hobbit, to end this day of voting. By this authority I summarily cast out, through pure objectivity, the persons of Tom, Beorn, and Kuruharan.

What do you mean Kuruharan isn't a contestant- he's a Dwarf, isn't he?

What do you mean the Moderator can't summarily cast off contestants?

What do you mean being a Werewolf Mod has nothing to do with this?

Okay, you may now return to your regularly scheduled doldrums.

This message was brought to you in part by FFZBD (Formendacils For a Zanier Barrow-Downs. The FFZBD is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by the Formendacil Association For Annoying Players of Survivor).
Old 01-23-2006, 09:00 PM   #616
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Sorry for not checking in. I'ev been busy with exams and taking over for WWJ III and as previous mods will be able to tell you, it is rather strenuous work. I hearby give authority to Formendacil to replace me when I have not posted the cast out with in two days time.

Now, to adress Form directly, Tom and Beorn are both cast out, yes?
Old 01-23-2006, 09:38 PM   #617
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glirdan
Sorry for not checking in. I'ev been busy with exams and taking over for WWJ III and as previous mods will be able to tell you, it is rather strenuous work. I hearby give authority to Formendacil to replace me when I have not posted the cast out with in two days time.

Now, to adress Form directly, Tom and Beorn are both cast out, yes?
Erm... I dunno... I didn't count.... I just sorta gave the boot to the two fellows I wanted gone.

Lemme go and make this official....
Old 01-23-2006, 09:48 PM   #618
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Rats.

After a recount, I discover that, yes, my candidate Beorn was, indeed, evicted, but that he's quite alone in that fact.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The votes at the tribal council that night were spread out. There was much talk about "dwarf-culling"- a motion heavily objected to by various members of that species, but it was not the day for a Dwarf's demise, but for the end of Beorn, who had remained around far too long- so said his detractors.

Kili: IIII
Tom: I
Beorn: IIIII III

In a fit of indignation, Beorn turned into a bear, departed the island, climbed a mountain, and was never seen again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Contestants voted out:
Bofur
Ori
Durin (The first King Under the Mountain)
Nori
Fundin
Gandalf
Nain (father of Dain)
Bungo Bagins
Chief of Guards
Thorin
Bilbo
Golfimbul
Carc
Gollum
The Master
Dwalin
Bifur
Great Goblin
Bard
Azog
Oin
Dain
Necromancer
Old Took
Bert
Galion (Elvenking's Butler)
Girion
Thror (grandsire of Thorin)
Bolg
Elvenking
Thrain (father of Thorin)
Beorn

The remaining contestants:

Dwarves/Bad Guys
Balin
Bombur
Dori
Fili
Gloin
Kili
Chief Warg
Smaug
William
Tom

Men/Elves/Others
Elrond
Eagle Lord
Roac
Belladonna Took
Bullroarer (Bilbo's great ancestor)

We have 14 more contestants. Time to start getting rid of another.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:49 PM   #619
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots Oh the humanity!!!

I bring grave news from F.A.T. In the drunken celebration after the bestial barbarian's departure, a vicious brawl ensued. F.A.T. has now split in two. There now exists the original F.A.T. and the militant centrist fringe REvenge After Losing, otherwise known as R.E.A.L. F.A.T. Apparently the leader of these wild-eyed, spud-throwing radicals has suffered much harm in a Cassandra-esque role in some silly game known as werewolf. This unhinged extremism has lead this group to demand the instant eviction of the...

++ Chief Warg

The threatened lawsuits and random acts of potato violence have caused the producers to instantly cast themselves on the mercy of their therapists and have started chugging a volatile cocktail of Prozac, Ritalin, and sulfuric acid.

Really...this lupine fiend must go before our trusty and well-beloved producers spontaneously combust.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:50 AM   #620
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

One tribe now outnumbers the other two to one. Dwarfs form almost half the contestants. Everyone, we have to grow up and unite behind a single Dwarf bandwagon if we wish Kuruharan to be refused his wish. That's the way it goes.

++BOMBUR
Old 01-24-2006, 06:37 AM   #621
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
++cheif warg
well i never liked him.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #622
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Tuor of Gondolin has just left Hobbiton.
While Bombur is one of the more
interesting dwarfs everyone else
on the island will be on half rations
until he goes. So:

+ + Bombur
Old 01-24-2006, 08:17 AM   #623
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Dwarf Bandwagon!

++BOMBUR

F.A.T. and R.E.A.L.F.A.T. must be stopped.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #624
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
F.A.T. and R.E.A.L.F.A.T. must be stopped.
I fear m’lady’s understanding of the situation lacks sophistication. F.A.T. and R.E.A.L. F.A.T. are enemies. If you do something against one, the other one will like you. Or at least they will if they happen to be paying attention at the time. Currently, most members of F.A.T. are ogling pictures of Belladonna Took in this month’s issue of Playhobbitlass and consequently don’t have a whole lot of time for anything else.

The members of R.E.A.L. F.A.T. are occupied trying to figure out how to make dynamite out of potato skins.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:39 AM   #625
arcticstorm
Shade of Carn Dûm

arcticstorm has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to arcticstorm Send a message via MSN to arcticstorm Send a message via Yahoo to arcticstorm
Once again i see the inhabitants of earth and middle earth hating the leader of the only truly great race ever, the warg. If their is any doubt as to what i say about the glory of the warg http://forum.barrowdowns.com/showthread.php?t=10473

now honestly would any of you want to eliminate the leader of this great race?
If Bombur is the only alternative to save this great leadeer of wargs, than so be it
++Bombur
arcticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:51 AM   #626
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
If you do something against one, the other one will like you. Or at least they will if they happen to be paying attention at the time.
Ah, but therein lies the true sneakiness of my plans. Both will fall to the confusion generated by my shifting alliances. First one, and then the other. (Belladonna Took, beware.)

I need an evil smiley.
Old 01-24-2006, 01:27 PM   #627
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
++Bombur

Food stores are running low.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:08 PM   #628
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
Both will fall to the confusion generated by my shifting alliances.
In order for that to work, you'd have to do something that one or the other of them likes first.
Old 01-24-2006, 02:38 PM   #629
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
++Bombur

Food stores are running low.
An excellent idea! Bombur could feed the camp for a week, if they butchered him right!

(Okay, that's a little gory.... but still...)

++ Bombur
Old 01-24-2006, 04:00 PM   #630
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Public Service Announcement: Attention all members of F.A.T.

Friends! Your valiant struggle against the dangerous splinter group R.E.A.L. F.A.T. has not gone unnoticed. Indeed, this observer has noted their behavior today, namely their attempt to evict the Chief Warg from the Survivor cast, with great alarm. Their stubborn insistence on attacking the closest thing to "Man's Best Friend" on this show clearly demonstrates that they cannot be trusted. Therefore, I have cast my vote for Bombur, hoping to defeat their dangerous scheme. Please remember my support.

Thank you for your attention.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:05 PM   #631
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

F.A.T. loathes the effort to get rid of Bombur because they view him as being "one of them."

R.E.A.L. F.A.T. doesn't really care about who stays, they just want the Chief Warg gone and gone now.
Old 01-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #632
Eonwe
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Eonwe has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Well, it is clear that any evictee must come from teh Dwarves/Bad Guys catagory. 9 to 6, no make that five!, is a pretty large majority, especially when you look at it on the lists.

Bombur has never been a special favorite of mine...

++Bombur
Eonwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 PM   #633
Elu Ancalime
Shade of Carn Dûm

D.a.i.n.

I havent exactly figured out what F.A.T. stands for, but I assume one of the FAT's is against the dwarven populace on the island.
I want to reform whichever it is(if there is one in this view) into my own extremist faction.

Downers Against Idle Naugrim

D.A.I.N.

No Dwarf (not remaining anyway...) has claim to the prize as Survivor of the Hobbit. My vote will go to a dwarf everytime! And it does not matter to me who, but whomever is likeliest to be evicted. Until there are two dwarves remaining, then i might consider another to receive my vote.

++Bombur
________
Easy vape

Last edited by Elu Ancalime; 03-03-2011 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #634
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elu Ancalime
I havent exactly figured out what F.A.T. stands for...
This post explains the origins of F.A.T.

With regard to their rejection of my attempted alliance, all I can say is that if they fail to understand that the enemy of their enemy is their friend, then I may be forced to side with R.E.A.L. F.A.T. tomorrow.* However, my vote will stand for today.

*No guarantees made or implied. Offer subject to change as a result of, but not limited to, the following conditions 1) preference for randomness 2) continued disagreement with R.E.A.L. F.A.T. courses of action.
Old 01-24-2006, 10:54 PM   #635
Kuruharan
Regal Dwarven Shade

Boots

Quote:
No guarantees made or implied. Offer subject to change as a result of, but not limited to, the following conditions 1) preference for randomness 2) continued disagreement with R.E.A.L. F.A.T. courses of action.
The utter lack of consistency displayed on this thread is appalling. However, nobody is going to be able to stop the inevitable triumph of Belladonna Took (the preferred candidate of F.A.T.) for two reasons. A) She’s a sexy hobbit lass (or dowdy hobbit matron depending on which decade you happen to catch her in) and B) She’s so bland that everybody will repeatedly forget about her and a bandwagon against her will utterly fail to materialize.

Actually, there are three reasons…the irrational dwarfism being displayed by certain persons among the electors is actually going to play right into F.A.T.’s hands. It is entirely possible that F.A.T. will be able to successfully use this to maneuver things to control the voting right up until the end.

You may as well place your pre-orders for The Belladonna Took “I Just Won Hobbit Survivor” Swimsuit Calendar. Call now! Operators are standing by.
Old 01-25-2006, 01:56 AM   #636
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Since the Dwarf-reducers currently lead by eight votes to two, I now intend to utterly contradict my earlier pleas.

Let's go for a double eviction.

--BOMBUR, ++DORI
Old 01-25-2006, 06:15 AM   #637
WaynetheGoblin
Shade of Carn Dûm

WaynetheGoblin has just left Hobbiton.
--chief warg
++bombur
Dont want to be left out of bandwagoning.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:05 AM   #638
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Pennsylvania, WtR, passed Sarn Gebir: Above the rapids (1239 miles) BtR, passed Black Rider Stopping Place (31 miles)
Quote:
Friends! Your valiant struggle against the dangerous splinter group R.E.A.L. F.A.T. has not gone unnoticed. Indeed, this observer has noted their behavior today, namely their attempt to evict the Chief Warg from the Survivor cast, with great alarm. Their stubborn insistence on attacking the closest thing to "Man's Best Friend"
Shouldn't that be "Goblin's best friend?"
(especially if you're a Rhovanianite).
Old 01-25-2006, 07:20 AM   #639
Celuien
Riveting Ribbiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor of Gondolin
Of course not. The Warg and Warg Riders Appreciation Thread explains it all. Besides, I'm going for F.A.T. votes here, not goblins...
Old 01-25-2006, 09:35 AM   #640
Tuor of Gondolin
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuor of Gondolin

Of course not. The Warg and Warg Riders Appreciation Thread explains it all. Besides, I'm going for F.A.T. votes here, not goblins...
=========
Well, as someone in Middle-earth once said:
"That's an eye opener."
Rumor had it that the Warg and Warg Riders Appreciation Thread
was a myth (like the Loch Ness Monster, alligators in New York
subways, Bigfoot, American Republicans believing in civil liberties and a
balanced budget, the Bermuda Triangle, etc.).