The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2009, 09:12 PM   #561
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Since the Day is ending early, does that mean wilwa's definitely a wolf? But she could still easily be the agent; I'm still trying to figure out her motive to fake reveal.
She's now in fact claiming to be the Agent. She could well be just stringing us along, though, for the heck of it.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:16 PM   #562
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
And Craydon and Hakon.
Ah, yes. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:55 PM   #563
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Ah, yes. Hopefully it won't come to that.
Well, only if Wilwa and Morsul are the Agent plus some kind of "Village Idiot" role.

*shrugs* We'll soon find out.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:15 AM   #564
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
So wilwa is lynched. She was indeed the agent.

Day phase starts in approximately 10 hours.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:18 AM   #565
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

The village wakes to find Craydon and Inziladun dead. I had a bad night, so nothing really got done but homework. Sorry.

Craydon was the Changed, Inzil was an Ordinary Villager.

DAY 6. GO.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:20 AM   #566
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Huh... I don't think Craydon had a chance to change his choice.

Oh well.

++Morsul

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 10:38 AM   #567
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Huh... I don't think Craydon had a chance to change his choice.

Oh well.
He was around to vote, though– he must have forgotten.

I guess that pretty much proves the wolf is

++Morsul.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #568
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I mean, it's a sort of paradox– only a lone newbie wolf would kill a Hunter who was "certainly" hunting him... except that he wasn't.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #569
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
.... darn... I wanted an epic battle with Crayon... that's why I chose the hunter...
(Although can't blame McCab Homework is more important than WW)

++MORSUL
Last Ditch Effort Everyone vote Roa now!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #570
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Just curious- why me?

Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #571
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Morsul the Dark is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
you're the only I can make even a remote tiny sorta not really case about lol

Lari liked you, you told everyone to ignore me, umm... you said the wolves deserve to win... Tada a sort of not really case

EDIT: more of a PS don't worry I voted for myself as you saw so not like it's gonna happen

Last edited by Morsul the Dark; 10-22-2009 at 10:56 AM.
Morsul the Dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #572
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
.... darn... I wanted an epic battle with Crayon... that's why I chose the hunter...
(Although can't blame McCab Homework is more important than WW)

++MORSUL
Last Ditch Effort Everyone vote Roa now!
Oh, you were actually trying to commit suicide, eh? I recall Lhunawolf did that in similar circumstances...

But you know what? A second unanimous lynch will be even better.

It's possible that, at some stage in the hoary past, there has been a unanimous lynch before. But two in a row? That's definitely never happened!
Old 10-22-2009, 11:15 AM   #573
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
It's possible that, at some stage in the hoary past, there has been a unanimous lynch before. But two in a row? That's definitely never happened!
Right so. Let's make history then!

++ Morsul

Kind of an anticlimax it is if it ends this way as it should based on any reasonable explanations... I mean yesterDay still had the small surprise to offer even if it was anticipated as a possibility, but right now it looks like Morsul has kind of confessed...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:21 AM   #574
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nog could you conceive of a way for me to talk out of this?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #575
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul the Dark View Post
Nog could you conceive of a way for me to talk out of this?
It looks a bit challenging indeed as how things are.

Well, a secret role maybe? That might be something no one could be sure about.

Maybe you could say you're an ordo who wished to reveal the real agent by acting like one? I mean a cobbler (agent) needs to make the wolves know who s/he is in a way or another as not to kill her/him to be able to help them. So you were just this decent guy who tried to help the village to flush out the real agent?

A tough call...
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #576
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yeah that would've worked
Old 10-22-2009, 01:58 PM   #577
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Hakon is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++Morsul

Maybe my crazy post was right about something after all.

I sadly have to inform all of you that the last two nights I failed to pick someone to protect. I have been very busy and I apologize for that.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:36 PM   #578
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Well, whatever. I guess poor Morsul could not have done much. What, poor? Disgusting! Despiceable Wolf! To the stake with him! No, wait, to the gallows with him! No, wait, to the sea with him! No, wait, we are not going to desecrate the sea with his dirty bones. Shoggoth on him! (Ah, I always knew we should have had a few of them locked up in the cellar if need arose, now one would come handy... huh... *chuckles*... "come"... "handy"!!! Ha, ha... I think neither would really do...)

++Morsul
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #579
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Heh, told you we can't assume anything. I was beginning to suspect more and more toward the end of yesterDay that wilwa might actually be the agent. Because I still couldn't figure out why a wolf would counter-reveal and put themselves out there so early, especially after the loss of a mate on Day One. But an agent has the perfect motives for doing so.

I think it's pretty obvious now. I really can't see how we could be wrong this time since there's absolutely no way Morsul is innocent. And considering we only have one wolf left...

++Morsul

Btw, does the Day end early again?
Old 10-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #580
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Um... should we assume the game is over now? Morsul's lynched, he's admitted to being a wolf. Unless there are four wolves we're done, right? Village victory?

What were you wolves thinking?

Old 10-23-2009, 11:22 AM   #581
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I claim newbie mistakes for the record though I told Lar to call Hakon's bluff and take out Pitch. Also Roa you picked up on my one mistake there was no coming back from that
Old 10-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #582
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

It was a good idea to pose as the agent though. Kept you alive much longer.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #583
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

actually though You were the agent the way you wanted people to ignore me
Old 10-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #584
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Congrats village! And brave try my furry friends. I haven't been following the game a whole lot, but from what I've heard from Legate and Nog it's been a totally crazy game. Wish I had survived longer, though - but then, I guess this game might just have given me the headache of the year...
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:50 PM   #585
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
can I post now then.....if it's over???

That's why I seriously regretted pretending to be the Ranger, cause it put me at risk, if I had stayed quiet I could have lasted longer and really for aslong as I was alive you guys would probably have left Morsul alone. Oopsie.

No, I don't really have a valid reason for doing it. Just seemed like a normal cobblering thing to do at the time. Never had this role before so I had no idea what I was doing.

The Ring makes people invisible, a secret Agent would act invisible, hence the ring icon. The priest thing was just a coincidence.

Ahh, this was fun. Total Agent Wilwa fail, but I still had fun.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #586
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Nah, but never mind, wilwa, at least it was fun. I mean, really, that was after a long time when I have really really enjoyed a WW game with A. staying alive long (wait... until the end! Unseen for a long time... celebrate!!!), B. not being frustrated or stressed by lynching fellow innocent for totally stupid reason (and be subsequently lynched for that, as all too often), C. managing to have a good read on the WWs (I am actually still proud of myself for being right about Lari), and all in all just having fun...

And Morsul, it was maybe a slight head-on jump into the game from your part, but nevertheless, I think you have good potential to fitting among the reguler WW crew Apart from that, you have already made yourself a mark of importance here, I think however crazy your Seer posing was, at least it was something happening, and it's in a way a nice change... sometimes we lack bold Wolves...

Ah, anyway, it was a beautiful game to play! Really relaxing and all. More games could be as splendid as this one was! And that's not to say that I liked McCab's narrations, some of them quite a lot (just hope he is going to fulfil his duties and write some proper ones in the missing places ).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:09 PM   #587
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Thumbs up

I have stayed quiet 'til now, as I adhere to the seemingly rather old-fashioned view that dead men (and wolves) tell no tales, but ... ahem ... so much for my so-called 'awesomeness', eh?

Well, not the finest hour for the Wolf team, it has to be said. I was actually rather relieved to be sent for an early shower. I had forgotten how time intensive WW games can be, particularly as a Wolf, and was concerned that I might not have enough time to contribute as much as I would have liked. It was time constraints which led me to my admittedly over-hyped case against Loslote. I only had the remaining 30 minutes of my lunch hour to catch up on all the posts and make my last contribution of the Day and was desparately trying to transition from a 'no suspects' status to having a reasonably justified vote. I still maintain that there was the basis for a reasonable Day 1 case against Loslote, but I guess I just bashed it out too quickly and went a bit over the top.

Sorry, Lari and Morsul, for the early exit. Ultimately, we were rather unlucky. After I was lynched, I still thought that we were in with a decent chance, as there was scope to limit Pitchwife to one more dream at the most and I thought that at least one of you was in with a reasonable chance of escaping serious suspicion for some time. However, the events of Day 2 rather stymied that and we were always on the back foot (paw) from that Day on. Morsul's reveal was, for me, a classic *facepalm* moment. Did you guys plan that? I knew that Morsul could survive for a while under the guide of the Agent, especially after wilwa's antics, but it was only a matter of time before he was found out.

For me, the stars of this game were the Gifteds. Inspired dreaming from Pitchwife (I now think of him as 'Pitchfork', after his key role in getting me lynched). And Pitchie, you were absolutely right to reveal. I spotted you as the Dreamer the moment that you made your 'get serious' post and voted for me. Wonderful bluffing from Hakon too and, as matters turned out, your decision to reveal was a really good one too. So well done, Gifteds. Great play!

Many thanks too to McCaber (or is it MacCabre from now on?). A wonderful theme and some nicely done narrations. Its a long while since I read any Lovecraft (although I have a few HPL themed board games) and this has whetted my appetite again.

Oh and, finally, I guess that I can at last join the noble order of the Fenris. Can someone please now explain to me what it all means ... ?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #588
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Eye

By the way, this must be ... what ... my fourth or fifth time as Wolf. What with three times as Cobbler (four, if you count the phantom's Cobbler-heavy game) and only once as a Gifted (never the Seer or Ranger), I seem to be fated to play the baddie.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:31 PM   #589
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Yes, the game is over. Village wins, and I will type up all the missing narrations the first instant I have time.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM   #590
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This was the most fun game I have played so far. It was also my second time living through the whole game. Thank you SPM for the comment on my bluffing. Morsul you did a great job and now I am always going to keep an eye on you like I do with Inziladun. Pitchwife I think I have found a way to figure out if you are the seer after watching this game and the other game where you were the seer. I will not say what this way is. Wilwa you did a great job as the agent.

This is my favorite game of werewolf that I have played so far. You all did a great job.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:11 PM   #591
Nienna
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Nienna has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to Nienna Send a message via MSN to Nienna
Hey all! Good job village! Way to lynch me . I'm just glad I survived Day One (which I'm not sure would have happened if we didn't have a known wolf... but whatever) I'm always fated to be lynched very early as an ordo it would seem.

You all played very well and as soon as I found out I was lyched I called Lari and asked her what her role was. We were a bit worried Morsul was going to be mod-fired for not voting but then he managed to survive another whole Day. I must say I kind of wanted to see Morsul try to talk himself out of the lynch on the last day but that was more for my own entertainment than anything else.

Well played all! All those gifted reveals were something.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:21 PM   #592
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
This marks the second game in a row I've been taken out by a suspicious hunter (as an innocent, both times). It beats getting lynched on Day 2 though, which seems to be my usual fate lately.
I thought it was a really good game. The reveals and counter-reveals kept things quite interesting. And nice job by the Gifteds! It seems clear their efforts are what did it for us.
Old 10-23-2009, 02:54 PM   #593
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
And nice job by the Gifteds! It seems clear their efforts are what did it for us.
Indeed, that was a most impressive performance by Pitchwife and Hakon!

–Hakon, I can't rep you again yet, but you deserve it for your bold double-bluffing– must have taken some nerve.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:07 PM   #594
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Great game, all! I wish the deadline was a bit better so I could have been a bit more active, but I'm glad I played anyway. Except for a *slight* SPAM suspicion on Day 1, I never suspected a wolf at all, and totally suspected Hakon *and* Pitchie.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM   #595
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Indeed, that was a most impressive performance by Pitchwife and Hakon!

–Hakon, I can't rep you again yet, but you deserve it for your bold double-bluffing– must have taken some nerve.
It wasn't so much nerve as it was the bad deadline. I was almost hoping to get killed but now that the game has ended I am happy that I lived through the game.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:13 PM   #596
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa
It was a good idea to pose as the agent though. Kept you alive much longer.
Yes, but only as long as the real Agent stayed alive.

And, to be honest, I am not sure that I get the logic behind leaving a known Cobbler alive. He may count as a villager for the purposes of victory, but he also has a vote and, in the confusion of a Day end, may sometimes have a chance to make it count. My inclination would always be to lynch a known Cobbler in preference to an unknown.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:37 PM   #597
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

well if Roa hadn't cught on to my slip I could have bluffed a bit further through the seer role Fun game though definitely looking forward to more.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:45 PM   #598
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Due to my new way of determining whether or not Pitchwife is the seer, I had a pretty good idea that you were bluffing before Roa caught your slip.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:48 PM   #599
Morsul the Dark
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Maybe but hen again my style is an unknown
Actually I had an idea of taking either you or wilwa out Hoping that Pitch would dream one of them(making two useless dreams putting more suspicion on him) Or if Lari had called your bluff as I suggested(I knew it was a bluff because there was NO reason for you to say what you said other than to keep us away from him one more night.)
Old 10-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #600
Hakon
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

I had a feeling at least one wolf would see through the bluff but I knew it would work. Well I was hoping it would fail sort of since I was desperately ready to be killed. So far I think I have the best and worst playing style. The best because I figure out who the wolves are but the worst because I use different methods that make me look suspicious and sometimes get me lynched.