The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #561
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I could agree with this though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
I, too, would be most comfortable voting Shasta, in the sense that I can't possibly believe he is the Assassin, and I think he is the most likely to have evil intent. The only thing holding me back is the fact that if he turns out to be a Cobbler we have essentially given him what he wants by lynching him.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #562
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Yay for last minute flurries!
Yeah, once again.

I want to vote, but I'm frozen. Because I don't know who to vote for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Maybe we three should just prevent the last-minute flurry by making a pact that we all vote Shasta?
I don't really want to make a pact. How do I know it's not a wolf pact?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #563
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I might actually vote Eonwe. He seems so slippery...

Hmmm
Old 08-28-2008, 01:56 PM   #564
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I don't really want to make a pact. How do I know it's not a wolf pact?
You know, I wasn't serious. But killing Shasta looks most attractive to me right now - he does look evil, doesn't look giftedish and if I vote him, you won't probably lynch me but him...

edit: xed
Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #565
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I could vote for him too. Should we?
Old 08-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #566
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Okay, going off of this handy little list I made during my last readthrough.

Shasta has the most Cobbler check-marks.

Nerwen has the most WW check-marks. Eonwe and Brin are tied for the second most.

Shasta has the most total checks. Nerwen and Eonwe are tied for the second most.

I figure my candidate should really come from those names.

Last edited by the phantom; 08-28-2008 at 01:58 PM. Reason: x-posted with entire page
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #567
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I have a bad feeling Shasta's just an ordo.

I will vote for tp or Eonwe.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:58 PM   #568
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Eönwë

hopefully the newbie wolf.

Now if you two lynch me I'm going to be really angry because I trusted you.

edit: xed with Brinn
Old 08-28-2008, 01:59 PM   #569
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

Our necks are on the line, Brin.

I won't vote you if you won't vote me. You're not my highest suspect.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #570
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

++Eonwe

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: X-ed with tp
Old 08-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #571
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I seriously will kick myself if I'm wrong...
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #572
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

++Eonwe
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #573
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
I seriously will kick myself if I'm wrong...
Me too - both of us.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #574
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Deadline.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #575
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

I really hope both of you aren't wolves.

EDIT: X-ed with Mac...sorry
Old 08-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #576
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
The day's debate had been less heated than expected. While almost everyone was willing to lynch almost everyone, the past frustration and disappointment had affected them all. They had become desperate. Their thought processes went in circles, met dead ends, or silted in nothingness. It didn't look like any agreement could be reached until very late. Only very short before the decision had to be made, Brinniel, Lommy, and the phantom noticed Eönwë, who had been silent for almost all the time.

Hey, Eönwë, who do you think we should kill? Brinniel asked. He received no answer. Eönwë just kept on sitting next to a small well in the floor, playing with Lily's severed head.

Eönwë, are you alright? Durelin asked concerned.

Eönwë sobbed: They're out to kill us all.

I know, it's hard, Kath soothed him, but depression will not get us farther. We need to speak up and discuss! That, and only that, will get us out of here.

You don't understand. he replied, counting the fingers of Lily's dead and rotting hand. It's much worse. They're all out to kill us.

Absent-mindedly Eönwë dropped Lily's arm, which all of a sudden fell off her body and into the well. In shock he dropped the rest of her body as well, which, with a loud thudding sound fell after her arm, crashing against the sides of the well. Her head, unexpectedly still being connected to her body by a last sinew, was pulled after, making a rumbling sound.

What did you do that for? Lommy asked rather annoyed. Next time, throw yourself in, and rid us of your silence!

They are out to kill us! They all are! They're coming from all sides. There's nowhere to hide anymore. No safe corner.

What are you talking about - from all sides? the phantom asked in a quiet, but very serious tone.

Eönwë got up, startled. I-I...

You are a cobbler! You betrayed our mission! You allied with our Enemy! the phantom shouted, posting himself up in front of Eönwë, who stood with his back to the well.

This madness! he stuttered.

Madness? the phantom replied in rage.

THIS IS...

...oh will you shut up already. Shasta interrupted and just shoved Eönwë down the well without further comment.

*~*

Thus ended the reign of the mischief of cobblerdom in Utumno. The skies lighted up and Arien's fire shone upon the face of Arda again, and... no, wait... the actual evil is still unharmed. Ah, well...

*~*

Dead:
Macalaure and Rikae (mods) - killed by wolves and turned into faulty quenya in Night One
Kitanna (ordo) - lynched by a pointless mob on Day One
Lalaith (ordo) - severed from her chalk, and her head, in Night Two
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - died from exhaustion on Day Two
Gwathagor - (seer) turned into a talking corpse on Day Two
Mithalwen - (cobbler) made into a diverse set of items in Night Three
Feanor of the Peredhil - (ordo) visionary whose body was turned into abstract art on Day Three
Formendacil - (cobbler) killed by assassin in Night Four
Nilpaurion Felagund - (ordo) choked on his own tale in Night Four
Nogrod - (ordo) died in a battle of wits on Day Four
A Little Green - (cobbler) ripped in two in Night Five
Eönwë - (cobbler) fell to his death on Day Five

Alive:
Shastanis Althreduin - loner roane
Nerwen - treasure-seeker
Kath - unemployed bum
Durelin - eccentric, misanthropic archaeologist
Brinniel - junk collector
the phantom - obtainer of rare antiquities
Thinlómien - marine zoologist

Night Six has begun. Wolves, do your plotting. Assassin, well...

Last edited by Macalaure; 08-28-2008 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:00 PM   #577
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

While the wolves were saddened about the loss of their last cobbler, their hearts were quickly uplifted again by the proximity of their victory. Snickering and tittering they came upon their next victim, and they were almost too careless, for as they approached her, they stumbled over piles of items of stone, tin, copper, and dirt. Brinniel, their victim, startled from her sleep and saw her fate baring its ugly fangs at her. But no fear was inside her in this moment... but wrath.

You have chosen the wrong person to kill tonight! Brinniel exclaimed.

What? No, we haven't. This time we really haven't!

Then Brinniel drew a sword, or so it looked at first, for as they looked, no blade could be seen by the wolves.

Begone foul werewolves, hounds of carrion! I will hinder you, if I may!

But the wolves only snarled back: Fool! No cobbler assassin can hinder us.

But no cobbler assassin am I. You look upon an ordo!

But... that sword?

Eönwë sold it to me.

Ha! You dare to threaten us with one of Eönwë's arms? They are fakes! Junk! the wolves laughed.

Yes, but that's why I like it...

The wolves showed no respect of the weapon and approached Brinniel fearlessly. But then, with no second to react, Brinniel sprang onto one of them, and hit it with the sword's side.

Ouch!

Hard.

DIEEE!

Repeatedly.

Ah! Help!

So staggering was her attack, that one werewolf alone she might have mastered. But there was more than one, and that one now grabbed her from behind. With a cry he lifted her up into the air... and threw her down on her sleeping place to devour her. He was ready and willing to tear Brinniel to shreds, but then noticed he didn't have to. A long, black, stony candlestick stuck from her chest. It was worth absolutely nothing, and Brinniel adored it like no other piece she collected on her long way. Now it had impaled her, and Brinniel was dead.

*~*

Wait, may I tear her to shreds anyway?

Well, I guess you can...

*~*

Dead:
Macalaure and Rikae (mods) - killed by wolves and turned into faulty quenya in Night One
Kitanna (ordo) - lynched by a pointless mob on Day One
Lalaith (ordo) - severed from her chalk, and her head, in Night Two
Groin Redbeard (ordo) - died from exhaustion on Day Two
Gwathagor - (seer) turned into a talking corpse on Day Two
Mithalwen - (cobbler) made into a diverse set of items in Night Three
Feanor of the Peredhil - (ordo) visionary whose body was turned into abstract art on Day Three
Formendacil - (cobbler) killed by assassin in Night Four
Nilpaurion Felagund - (ordo) choked on his own tale in Night Four
Nogrod - (ordo) died in a battle of wits on Day Four
A Little Green - (cobbler) ripped in two in Night Five
Eönwë - (cobbler) fell to his death on Day Five
Brinniel - (ordo) stabbed by her own junk in Night Six

Alive:
Shastanis Althreduin - loner roane
Nerwen - treasure-seeker
Kath - unemployed bum
Durelin - eccentric, misanthropic archaeologist
the phantom - obtainer of rare antiquities
Thinlómien - marine zoologist

Day Six has begun. Villagers: redeem yourself! Wolves: Matchball!
Old 08-29-2008, 02:26 PM   #578
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

All right everyone. Time to lay out all of your cards.

There's no excuse for lynching the Assassin today. Who is it?

If we Ordos can rule out ourselves as well as one other person, then our odds of picking a WW will be 50%.

Don't vote quickly or lightly please. The WWs only need TWO of us to vote incorrectly to claim victory.

I am preparing my thoughts on each person. I'll post them in a bit.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:52 PM   #579
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Thoughts on voting-

Durelin
Day 1 is possibly suspicious. Rather than going for the safe Kit lynch she opts to take a shot at the village. Other than that she's voted fairly early and fairly safely. Could be lying low. With Shasta almost guaranteed to vote for me, and knowing that Brin is innocent, if Shasta is innocent as well then her vote was a perfect Wolf vote, guaranteeing the lead to innocents who have yet to vote.

Kath
The second Nog voter, in hopes of sending the bandwagon rolling merrily along? Yesterday's vote- we know Brin was innocent. If Shasta and Lommy are too then Kath's vote was a brilliant Wolf vote. By elevating three people who haven't voted yet to the lead, it's often a guarantee that one of them will die.

Lommy
Jumping on the Fea-wagon Day 3 seemed suspicious to me, seeing as the rather obvious Form-Cobbler was the other option. I can't take much from her vote yesterday as her life was on the line. But I don't like that she ran ahead and lynched her dad when he was sounding more and more innocent to me as the clock ran down. Surely she knows him better than I?

Nerwen
Her Day 1 vote for Kit there at the end was odd. The deal was decided at that point, wasn't it? Why not go with something different? Nervous about making enemies? Her early vote yesterday for Shasta who was a safe bet to vote for me might've been an attempt to turn the Day into a two-horse race between innocents.

Shasta
He was the first to jump on board the Kit-wagon Day 1. Was he relieved to find a way out alive for free? Or just playing the odds? His voting has been consistent to say the least. Is it because he does not wish to make more enemies?

Conclusions-

Everyone is a Wolf!

I hate being an Ordo alive on a make-or-break day! I've done it once before and I was absolutely pulling my hair out. Of course in that village it turned out that none of us were WWs. (Fea was the Mod, surprise surprise)
Old 08-29-2008, 06:21 PM   #580
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Phantom comes back home and finds.... nothing.

I have another obligation tonight, but when I return I am planning on doing some more rereading. However, it would be absolutely great if the Assassin could reduce my workload by 20%. I don't really have a lot of time to waste.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:55 PM   #581
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Well, it's clear now: the evil ones are Lommy and the phantom. Only our wolves have such talent at killing cobblers.

However, Eönwë was surely planning to slip through and self-vote at the end, so it's just as well you lynched him. I might never have got around to murdering him. Kath was next on my list.

Thanks–

Your Friendly Neighbourhood Assassin.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM   #582
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
That's why I didn't vote for your yesterDay, because I thought you might be. Glad I was right about something finally!

I agree with you on Kath especially, phantom, but two of your statements about me are rather ridiculous in my opinion. Two of them are at least partly based on the fact that I've been voting fairly early (and that is safe and trying to lead the village in a certain direction)! For Lord sakes, man, class comes before werewolf. Sorry, I just had to, on principle...of course I will seem needlessly defensive...

For our wolves, I'm thinking Kath and Shasta, though I am not ruling out phantom and really shouldn't rule out Lommy as I have been. Meh.

Right now I feel Kath is the most wolfish, but I don't know... A very quiet Kath is normally a wolf, right?

I'd love your opinions, Nerwen. Amazing job lying low but not too low, eh?
Durelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #583
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Nerwen?! You are the Assassin?

I didn't suspect you at all! (I take that back. The first day I did, but you just sort of faded away after that.) After Eonwe was proven to be the Cobbler I figured for sure the Assassin was Shasta. That's why I've been so weird about him, especially yesterday. He was the one I was most worried about being a Cobbler, but I kept thinking he was perhaps the Assassin pretending to be a Cobbler, so either way I wasn't sure I wanted to lynch him.
Quote:
Eönwë was surely planning to slip through and self-vote at the end
Yes, and I don't know why. With an even number of villagers a self-vote is not a clincher. His best bet would've been to make as many enemies as possible and get himself lynched. He did manage to get lynched, of course, but only because through either careful plotting or complete chance the three left to vote at the end were all tied for the lead.

Okay, well thank you, Nerwen. Now I don't have to go through your posts later tonight.
Quote:
Only our wolves have such talent at killing cobblers.
Ha ha ha! Yes, I think they've been trying to put you out of business.

But hey, I tried to kill Form, didn't I? Can't I have a teensy bit of credit for that? And I also spotted Mith as one, but never got a chance to do anything about it because she died that night. Green was the only one that completely threw me for a loop. So I haven't done that terrible!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #584
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

I must attend to my guests now. I'll be back later.

EDIT: I'll chat later, Dur. I know my accusations aren't perfect. The fact is I can spin the same events as a positive or a negative. I'm just trying to give my reasons for why I am able to have a certain level of suspicion for everyone. Meh- badly explained. But really must run now!

Last edited by the phantom; 08-29-2008 at 07:23 PM. Reason: x-posted with Dur
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:44 PM   #585
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
After Eonwe was proven to be the Cobbler I figured for sure the Assassin was Shasta. That's why I've been so weird about him, especially yesterday. He was the one I was most worried about being a Cobbler, but I kept thinking he was perhaps the Assassin pretending to be a Cobbler, so either way I wasn't sure I wanted to lynch him.
I did think of that as an alternative explanation of the way you were acting towards him– which otherwise was starting to look very suspicious. So either you're telling the truth or you've done a nice job of reading my mind.

Quote:
NerwenAnd I also spotted Mith as one, but never got a chance to do anything about it because she died that night.
For the record, I was going to kill Mith on Night Three, but my ISP went down before I could post– you recall I wasn't around the next Day? Pity– the wolves got her anyway, but as Mac said, it would have made for a funny narration.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:02 PM   #586
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
or you've done a nice job of reading my mind
Heh, of course! I'm the phantom! But then really if I could read minds the game would be over by now, so I suppose I can't claim that ability.
Quote:
For the record, I was going to kill Mith on Night Three, but my ISP went down before I could post
Okay, so I've got to know. Was I right about you back then? Had you indeed spotted the same thing that I did with Fea, me, and Mith? Did you think Fea was the Seer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Nerwen spotted it too, and Mith as well I believe- but I think both of them thought it was something slightly different. We'll see who's correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Well, it turns out I was part wrong about what I thought I had spotted. But I was part right as well. I still believe Nerwen and Mith saw it as well and reacted to it. Now that we know that she was indeed a Cobbler, Mith's reaction makes perfect sense. Nerwen's reaction makes me think that she is innocent.
So was I right about that? Just curious.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:15 PM   #587
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
For Lord sakes, man, class comes before werewolf.
What world do you live in? I can recall skipping class many times to play WW.

But then I've never been much of a model student.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:17 PM   #588
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Okay, so I've got to know. Was I right about you back then? Had you indeed spotted the same thing that I did with Fea, me, and Mith? Did you think Fea was the Seer?
Yes, I did... or possibly a baddie paving the way for a false reveal.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM   #589
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
or possibly a baddie paving the way for a false reveal
Ah, yeah I suppose that could've been another option that people could've thought of. I think that I never considered that because of my familiarity with her. I just couldn't imagine her doing anything of that sort so early if that was indeed what she was up to. And I also don't think she'd use me as the fodder on something like that. We like to fight sometimes, but that would be just downright low.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #590
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
What world do you live in? I can recall skipping class many times to play WW.
It may come as quite a blow to many, but I'm afraid I save up my absences for more important things...

I'm really finding it hard to think of Lommy and phantom as guilty. Lommy would be more focused and technical as a wolf I think. phantom...I don't know. I don't feel like lynching him, and haven't for a while now.

So that leaves just two people, how convenient. But I don't want to vote yet, that could be dangerous.

I may not be able to be around near the deadline once again though, I'm afraid - this time because I am hoping to see a very close friend before she heads off to school several states away.

So...Nerwen...do you find anyone guilty? K thx.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:43 PM   #591
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

What I'm wondering is if Shasta would want to leave phantom around for the fun of it? I think phantom might want to leave Shasta around for fun. But what if those two really are the wolves...

Part of me says the 'safer' vote is Shasta, but I feel like Kath seems the most guilty. Both of them have been quite seriously considered as wolves/cobblers, but they are both still here.

phantom is still here. But people like to leave him around. For amusement, or for scaring people. (And he seriously doesn't fit with the wolf kills.) Would a Kath and Shasta pair?

Anyway...why Brinn? I guess because she wasn't seriously suspected pretty much at all except for my little bit yesterDay? Then why not Lommy...well, Brinn was 'quieter'...hrmm.

I ramble...it's late...I need sleep.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:58 PM   #592
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
It may come as quite a blow to many, but I'm afraid I save up my absences for more important things...
There are things more important than online games?
Quote:
I think phantom might want to leave Shasta around for fun.
Yeah, if it weren't for the fact that he's pretty much guaranteed to vote for me. If it were up to me I would do away with him and just try and explain the kill away the next day as an attempted frame-up.
Quote:
What I'm wondering is if Shasta would want to leave phantom around for the fun of it?
I can't speak for what Shasta would do. I don't believe I've ever played with him as a WW before. Though logic says that if he thinks he can get me lynched he might as well leave me I suppose.
Quote:
Anyway...why Brinn?
Oh, yeah, I forgot to talk about that earlier. The Brin kill seemed a bit weird to me as well. I figured for sure that Shasta and I would be left for today as a dueling pair and that you and Brin would be left as a dueling pair (because you both suspected each other yesterday and you even voted for her).

I can only assume that the WWs had reason to suspect Brin of being the Assassin. (unless of course you're a WW and didn't want to be in a dueling pair )
Old 08-29-2008, 11:48 PM   #593
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Ramblings of a Retired Assassin

the phantom –I've been inclined to believe him innocent throughout the game, but that's partly because he seems to think along the same lines as me. As he says himself, he's probably clever enough to guess what I'm thinking and fake it.

Durelin –Feels rather evil... but she always does, to me. Her weak suspicions of me on previous Days could be a wolf seeing if she could start something... but then her explanation toDay makes sense (or is it a case of, "well, she would say that, wouldn't she?"). She has made some useful suggestions, like (after Nilp) warning gifteds to ignore false reveals... and she was the first person to suggest Mith might be a cobbler. [conspiracy theory: phantom-wolf and Wolfelin picked Mith as a cobbler, all right, and killed her as a double-bluff.]

Lommy –seems fair, votes foul. Bad luck... or something more?

Kath –Has been on my hit-list since her interesting post on Day Three. (The one where she theorises than the Seer dreamed a wolf each Night and chose not to give any clear indication.)

Shasta –After re-reading his posts, he comes across even more strongly as a cobbler (and would-be lynchee)... which we now know he isn't. So– a cobbler-impersonating wolf? Or a disaffected ordo, embittered by what happened to him last time? Has he had one of those mysterious insights that wildcard players seem to get?

EDIT: X'd with phantom and Durelin.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-29-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 11:55 PM   #594
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin View Post
So...Nerwen...do you find anyone guilty? K thx.
You understand that now I know less than everyone else? The rest of you know at least two innocents.

Look, I can see reasons to suspect everyone... but Kath and Shasta seem the worst, at least individually. I need to look over their interactions.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:19 AM   #595
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
You understand that now I know less than everyone else? The rest of you know at least two innocents.
That is a good point to keep in mind. But at the same time at least we know we can trust that you aren't slanting your thoughts and reads on people with misleading intent. So while we cannot necessarily trust your conclusions, we can trust your thoughts.
Quote:
I've been inclined to believe him innocent throughout the game, but that's partly because he seems to think along the same lines as me. As he says himself, he's probably clever enough to guess what I'm thinking and fake it.
Heh heh. While that may be true, you can hardly say that I guessed about you and faked it after the fact on those events that I already explained before your reveal. For instance the whole Fea-Mith incident. I called that for what it was days before you revealed as the trusted Assassin.
Quote:
I need to look over their interactions.
Yeah, I've been trying to look at possible partnerships, but I'm getting rather stumped there. The fact is you can spin something many different ways. I pointed out yesterday how Shasta had basically no links to anyone in the entire village except me. Then after that he came up with a list. I mean, it's hard to gain anything interaction-wise from that.

And if two people kind of ignore each other are they doing it to distance themselves, or when two people go after each other are they doing it to distance themselves? It can work both ways.

I'm done reading for right now, though. I've got to get ready for bed. I must be rested up for a whole weekend of backyard BBQs. Don't ya just love Labor Day weekend?
Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 AM   #596
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

First off, some relatives came here over the weekend so I can't participate as much as I would like to be. But I will do my best to be around more than just a little, seeing as this could be (is?) a crucial Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom
Jumping on the Fea-wagon Day 3 seemed suspicious to me, seeing as the rather obvious Form-Cobbler was the other option.
Yeah, but I wasn't sure he was a cobbler and I thought that if he was, he could be left to the Assassin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
But I don't like that she ran ahead and lynched her dad when he was sounding more and more innocent to me as the clock ran down. Surely she knows him better than I?
Really, no. I hate it that when people assume I should know my dad/sister/best friend in ww games. I really don't. In fact, they tend to be the best at fooling me.

Quote:
Thank you, Nerwie. I just became a little more hopeful. You see, this must be the first thing I have guessed correctly in this game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durelin
Right now I feel Kath is the most wolfish, but I don't know... A very quiet Kath is normally a wolf, right?
Now that I think of it: a very quiet Kath = an evil Kath or a busy Kath. I don't know which one is this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
I'm just trying to give my reasons for why I am able to have a certain level of suspicion for everyone. Meh- badly explained.
Now doesn't this sound like: "I'm just trying to give my reasons for why I could jump on any vote in order to win this game as a wolf"? But, yeah, I can understand his feelings. At this phase, I'm pretty paranoid too.

I don't really like this semi-consesus, but... I think Durelin looks the least guilty after myself and Nerwen. She sounds sincere enough and her attacks against Nogrod seem a tad too bold for a wolf. Kath, on the other hand, is probably a wolf, because she seems indeed rather fishy. Her fellow is then Shasta or tp, which one, I don't know. If I had to bet, I'd say Shasta, but I don't really know. Could be either. I haven't ruled out the possibility of a Shasta-tp duo, but you know, if they're wolves together, maybe they even deserve to win for giving us such a great show? Aieee, I don't really know. Maybe I too will look for partnerships. Maybe that would help. Because the only connection I can remember is how Shasta and tp treat each other - a rather peculiar connection - but I'm not sure what to make of it. Maybe another whole village reread would do good for me... if I just have time.

Wolves, please, would you help us a little and start doing something very suspicious...? You know, you can afford that, you've fooled us quite well this far...

But hey, folks, we can always take this Day as a great challenge. I, for one, enjoy them...
Old 08-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #597
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Here's everything Kath has said this game, in one convenient, easy-to-read post (minus some emoticons):

Kath, Day Two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Well, now I've got my brain in gear, hello! Just posting to let you know I am actually around toDay because I need to disappear and post for an RPG quickly and then I'll be back with you.
Quote:
I know that many of you hate it when I do this but as I saw nothing of yesterDay I need to get my thoughts in order which means, yes, a list. Though it's really a 'find the odd things' list so will appear completely biased.

Nog - rather pointless so far, and what's with that 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 list in which everything useful in it could be said in one paragraph making it much easier to read?! Don't know whether he was trying to be warning or inflammatory with that narration quote about the cobblers, the fact that it specifically said it was too dark for them to see each other seemed obvious. My suspicion would be that right now they can't see each other ... but perhaps if they're left alive long enough they will eventually be told who the others are, thus making them a 'better' enemy.

phantom - I am intrigued by the niceness of his first post. But as I'm ill equipped to deal with two Werewolves all on my own, it is currently in my best interest to work with you guys to lynch them. Does that really sound like the phantom we all know?

Durelin - a little bit of stating the obvious.

Eonwe -

Gwath -

Form -

Lalaith -

Groin - says to beware of those who are very loud, after mentioning at the beginning of his post that he is quiet.

Nerwen -

Shasta -

Brinn -

Lommy - 'two wolves are easy to find' is an interesting thing to say, I would have thought the fewer wolves there are the harder they are to find.

Mith -

Nilp -

Greenie -

One thing I will say outside all this. Don't underestimate a Cobbler. Alright, so my experience with them is very different to most as I owe my win in one game to a very impressive Cobbler attack, but that just proves the point. The wolves are the main target it's agreed, but the Cobblers may not be as unthreatening as some people seem to think.

Gah, I have to go out, this is as far as I've got which is why it looks quite so unfinished. I'm at post 60 of Day 1 at the moment, I'll finish it off when I get back.
Quote:
Oh, well I was going to do Day 2 but due to a misunderstanding I have no dinner and so must go and get myself some and then I'm leaving for some socialising. Therefore I have to vote now:

++LOMMY

I have little reasoning for any of those I found suspicious yesterday but I have been keeping up with the thread toDay. She was really quite overly cross I think at an early point and while she hasn't dropped her suspicion of Nogrod it hasn't been mentioned except in one post unlike yesterDay when she was quite vocal about it. I admit it was a close run thing between her and Nog but then I always, always find Nog suspicious so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
Day Three.

Quote:
Right, quick post before I disappear for a few hours because we have people visiting.

Fea - the rule has always been that so long as the number of Cobblers doesn't equal the number of innocents the village wins.

Also, on Gwath, I think he dreamt of phantom and found him wolvish. He might also have dreamt of Fea. Though he did add that 'if' statement to indicate being unsure it's the most concrete thing we had from him apart from those two Innocent coments which are odd. If Gwath thought through (or noticed) the caveat that Cobblers would appear as innocents in the narration then no way can the Innocent bits mean anything. If not then yeah, he dreamt of those he called Innocent. I can't believe though that our Seer would fail to notice this, so I'm going with my original assumption.

Truly, this is not just me going 'oh it's the phantom, let's kill him', which I admit is my usual reaction to him playing. He hasn't annoyed me in any way, his overbearingness has actually seemed less overt than usual, he's been a nicer guy than I'm used to. I doubt he's simply mellowed, ergo he's a wolf. Well, that's my reasoning anyway. But really, who are you going to dream of as a Seer when you have phantom and Fea, masters at playing you for a fool? Thought so.
Quote:
Oh go on then, lynch me.

Nah don't, I'm having a rather nice time. Been a while since I've lived, perhaps I'm high on the experience. Anyway, phantom, I never said that Gwath was stupid, I don't believe that's true, I was in fact defending him against those who said he'd list people he'd dreamt of as Innocent. As to him dreaming of two wolves and not saying anything, ok, I didn't think that through. But in that case, you're a wolf and he hadn't yet dreamt of Fea - sorted.

If this is annoying you then you have my apologies, I seem to have no desire to play in my usual style, it's so boring.
Day 4

Quote:
Brinn, Nog and Lommy started a very late bandwagon against Fea yesterday. I had wondered where it had come from when I discovered she'd be lynched. They're going on and on about not having a flurry of last minute voting and bandwagons and there they go and do the exact same thing. I don't think they're suspicious for voting for her, she was second on my list, but I think the manner of it most odd.

Ah, and to answer something from Nog yesterDay. Just because I'm not suspecting you doesn't mean anything. With phantom, Fea and Nilp in the game you barely got my attention in terms of automatic suspicion. Now, however, after yesterDay, you've got it. Brinn too actually, more so than Lommy for some reason though I'm not sure why.
Quote:
Durelin, I'm quite pleased that you think my posts usually contain anything helpful. Generally I get condemned for merely analysing. I am playing a different style and it is far more fun. Clearly not very accurate though as I was totally wrong on Fea. However, given that, I still think our main suspects must lie in the last minute flurry of voting that ended up with her death. That's not to say though that they must be those who voted for her. I think it's likely, but there were others there.

Now, you can probably see where I'm going with this and that's back to phantom. I see I have an ally here in Shasta, but I wish I didn't because his arguments and reasoning are just bizarre. phantom wanted to save Fea, hardly a surprise. To save Fea he voted Form, again not a surprise as he's insisted Form is a cobbler for some time. I don't understand what Shasta has taken from this. What I take from it is that phantom played a very nice double blind and is a wolf.

Apart from all that Nog is firmly on my radar now. Going back over the voting I found that quote in which he basically says 'tell me who to vote for' and also, in saying he might be willing to lynch Fea, made a bandwagon more likely. I'm not sure though whether he'd be wolf or cobbler.

That's what I'm thinking right now. I may have to vote a little early and if I do it will be for one of those two.
Quote:
Alright, I need to vote now.

++NOGROD

I was determined that it was to be phantom but he just has to go and make a reasonable point. I'm going to look at that Mith thing very, very carefully.
Day Five.

Quote:
I don't have much to say right now as I'm falling asleep but I'm beginning to think that I should start voting against my own suspicions as they're clearly so utterly wrong. That said, Greenie had gone unnoticed by me and turned out to be evil, so I'm thinking of looking at who I haven't really paid much attention to and actually doing so. This new way of playing is fun but it's not actuall doing anyone any good so maybe I'll go back to the old way for a Day and try to be of some real help.
Quote:
I'm very sorry, I intended to be around for much more of the Day but it ran away from me and now I have to go fetch my sister from karate in about 10 minutes and will therefore miss the deadline.

But, now, I'm going to concentrate here and try to really work out what I'm feeling about each person. Not based on specific quotes or anything but just what I've got from seeing their posts as I read through.

Shasta - well I can sort of see phantom's point about him not really ... being there I suppose. I mean there are plenty of posts but not much if the way of things that drag him into the limelight, at least apart from his battle with phantom. However, the fact that he is at least consistent with that suspicion makes me feel more secure with him. Or at least it would if that wasn't a trick I've employed on more than one occasion.

Eonwe - I just don't know. I can't, it's like, I mean I have paid attention to him and I've read his posts and on occasion I've thought 'hmm, good point' but he's a master at flying under the radar.

Nerwen - the fact that I have little opinion on her is what worries me the most here. Nerwen quiet? I don't believe it. I'm beginning to think though that we have quiet wolves. I mean why not? If you know the Cobblers are in the village taking the suspicion for you. I have a feeling though that some of that is RL-related, plus she was her normal argumentative self toDay.

Durelin - did come over as a very frustrated innocent, but there was a post by here early today, basically a 'this is why I'm not evil' post and the end of that really caught my attention and suspicion. A pre-defence wasn't necessary, no one has put any real pressure on her, so I wasn't keen on that.

Brinn - ah Brinn! What to do here? I read one post and think she's innocent, I read another and think she's guilty as hell. And I can't decide which. It makes me think she might be Cobbler rather than wolf but it does make me think she's evil.

phantom - he's evil damn it! Except of course that he's probably not. It's a terrible thing to admit to but I would quite happily lynch him for the pleasure of ridding myself of the unsurety. I'm still thinking over that point he made about Mith. The problem is that while it makes perfect sense I still believe him capable of finding a way around it.

Lommy - again comes across wrong somehow. Though I'm really not sure about this one as I don't know where that feeling has come from. I would have to take a proper look at her I think. Hmm actually I know what it is, she hasn't really come to a conclusion on anyone. I'm not sure it's doing us much good coming to a consensus as we've not managed to lynch a baddie yet, but she's just refusing to commit. Except for Nerwen - interesting that as there's no reasoning.

Hmm, so right now I think I'd want to lynch everyone. Mostly I want to lynch phantom but I sincerely doubt I'm going to get any support there as it is an entirely unfounded suspicion. Behind that it's a fair tie between Lommy, Nerwen and Brinn.

++LOMMY

Because this isn't the first time this game she's popped up as suspicious to me. Maybe I should stick with my early suspicions. We'll see.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #598
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
I can only assume that the WWs had reason to suspect Brin of being the Assassin.
Oh. Yeah. Her and Nerwen actually seemed kinda the most likely assassins to me yesterDay, which meant I went quiet back and forth about them. But then Nerwen said a couple things yesterDay that made me think she was more likely the assassin... And yes, I'm going to ignore the comment about me killing Brinn.

Ooh, thanks Nerwen, that's awesome.

The things I find most interesting are Kath's comments on Gwath and who he might have dreamt of. Those were really very strange. They made little sense but put forward a couple names as wolves: phantom and Fea. Fea we know was innocent.

The whole "oh go on then, lynch me" thing...part of her 'new playing style?'

Her comments on that make me wonder if she was trying to look like a cobbler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
If this is annoying you then you have my apologies, I seem to have no desire to play in my usual style, it's so boring.
This was at the end of her *defense of her Gwath comments*. Did her suggestions about who Gwath dreamt of really have anythign to do with her playing style? But I think that comment succeeded and backing people off of her.

Quote:
Truly, this is not just me going 'oh it's the phantom, let's kill him', which I admit is my usual reaction to him playing.
Is that true?

Quote:
But really, who are you going to dream of as a Seer when you have phantom and Fea, masters at playing you for a fool? Thought so.
Why would she say that?

In her second post on Day 4, Kath points to the late Fea voters (except for me for some reason!), but also points again to phantom. She starts out with the Fea bandwagon, then talks about something like "not just those who voted for her, but others there"...to segway into talking about phantom.

Quote:
I still think our main suspects must lie in the last minute flurry of voting that ended up with her death. That's not to say though that they must be those who voted for her. I think it's likely, but there were others there.
Okay...so she says it's likely both wolves were in the Fea voters but she talks the most about phantom. She tosses in Nog, too, thouigh. Of course she's pick Nog, as that'd be the second vote for him. *...sigh*

Quote:
I was determined that it was to be phantom but he just has to go and make a reasonable point.
Or I had to go and vote for Nog?

Quote:
I'm beginning to think though that we have quiet wolves. I mean why not? If you know the Cobblers are in the village taking the suspicion for you.
Yes, good point... *coughs*

So she goes after Lommy again, for consistency's sake? To stay safely out of things?

Connections between her and Shasta...phantom. She's quite a bit lighter on the phantom-suspecting (she never votes for him for one thing), but she seems to try and quietly cultivate *fear* of him. Or she's trying to make little jabs every so often at a fellow wolf. Would Kath and Shatsa decide they would both try to keep phantom as some creepy entity? I guess if you are stuck not killing him because you're trying to get the cobbler assassin?

Ugh, feeling crappy...will be back...
Old 08-30-2008, 09:38 AM   #599
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Okay, I'm awake. Wow, and it's only 10:30. That's early for a Saturday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
Really, no. I hate it that when people assume I should know my dad/sister/best friend in ww games. I really don't. In fact, they tend to be the best at fooling me.
Yes, yes, you said that in the last game as well. I think my issue with you lynching Daddy-dearest goes beyond just you though. Game after game after game I can't tell you how often someone will be under the gun like Nog and start flailing around a bit and everyone seems to think it makes them more likely to be guilty. Where as me- I quite often come away with the opposite impression, and more often than not they are indeed innocent. I just don't understand why thrashing about makes one look guilty. Why would an Ordo want to die?

But that's a very old debate. SPM and I had it out more than once over that issue.

Well, we now have all of Kath's words in one easy to read post. Nerwen, do you think you could do that for my posts too? Oh, come on. Please.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur quoting Kath
Truly, this is not just me going 'oh it's the phantom, let's kill him', which I admit is my usual reaction to him playing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dur
Is that true?
I think it kind of is. I think both of us are usually uneasy with each other. I find her a little more difficult to read than the really loud players because she reacts/responds to less things. And she probably always has the urge to kill me because, well, I'm me.

Maybe I should skim a couple of her old games. Just fyi, I'm going to be leaving for lunch pretty soon, but I should be back for the final two hours or so.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:40 AM   #600
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

And Kath's another one who still looks more like a cobbler than anything.

Here's another conspiracy theory: Kath and the phantom. See how she makes unconvincing attacks on him, then votes other people? And– as with Shasta– he conveniently dismisses her as a cobbler.

But I was going to look at Shasta and Kath.

This is everything Kath says about Shasta:

Quote:
I see I have an ally here in Shasta, but I wish I didn't because his arguments and reasoning are just bizarre. phantom wanted to save Fea, hardly a surprise. To save Fea he voted Form, again not a surprise as he's insisted Form is a cobbler for some time. I don't understand what Shasta has taken from this.
Quote:
(part of a list) Shasta - well I can sort of see phantom's point about him not really ... being there I suppose. I mean there are plenty of posts but not much if the way of things that drag him into the limelight, at least apart from his battle with phantom. However, the fact that he is at least consistent with that suspicion makes me feel more secure with him. Or at least it would if that wasn't a trick I've employed on more than one occasion.

And Shasta on Kath:

Quote:
(part of a list) Kath seems off to me... I'm not sure I'd lycanize her, but she could easily be a shoemaker.
*shrugs* There's nothing to say they're allies, and nothing to say they're not. The way they've avoided mentioning each other except in passing could mean something... except that of course Shasta hasn't interacted with anyone except the phantom!

EDIT: fixed quotes
EDIT2: X'd with Durelin and the phantom.

Last edited by Nerwen; 08-30-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote