The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-14-2008, 10:31 AM   #521
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
The suggestion Lommy gave about Cab's death sounds plausible although I wouldn't rule out any other thing, either. And it's funny that my first reaction, too, was, "Ha! Nog's guilty!"
I don't see much sense in speculating who might have chosen him since it's possible to find a reason for just about everybody to have him as a kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Anyway, long story short, my reaction was hasty, and I hope to continue to see you pursue your suspects aggressively, and to the point.
I don't like your suggestion that much. If I really suspect someone, I don't give up my suspicions, but I can suspect someone even if I don't pursue them aggressively. If you're a wolf this looks almost like mockery, "Keep suspecting innocents with such fury, mwa-ha-ha"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
No, it isn't outrageous, but I think there's a huge difference. I think a rep fails his/her responsibility if she doesn't vote, whil s/he only fails the wishes of those who voted for him/her if she votes against their wishes. A rep's duty is not to oblige his/her voters, but his/her duty IS to take the responsibility s/he's given.
Was phantom irresponsible and outrageous when he threw away his vote on Shasta? Are reps whose votes don't make a difference irresponsible? Why should a rep who votes no one be considered irresponsible if they are not?

Quote:
Tsk, tsk, one step futher and it's putting words to people's mouths...
To be honest I don't think I was indicating you had said anything like it - I was rather taking the thought process one step further (also because I thought you could have thought so, too).

Quote:
Although I don't really like Agan's smooth withdrawal from her suspicions against me at all
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Especially as her first suspecting Legate, then expressing surprise and maybe slight disapproval of the great (here we go again ) suddenly appeared suspicion against him and then voted him. That's what I'd call flip-flopping.
What I found weird was the seeming lack of reasoning behind people's suspicion; "Hey let's suspect him because others do it too!" Greenie said it was weird how Legate was lynched without any proper case against him and I think she's quite right. And I can admit I didn't have a real case, either.

edit: xed since Lommy
Old 11-14-2008, 10:33 AM   #522
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom
So why spend a page on a weak suspicion?
Ahem.
Quote:
Nerwen - has given me reason to suspect her. Also, her slip about the ranger looks innocent.
I assume that the first sentence is supposed to be "has given me no reason to suspect her". Otherwise your thinking is a bit original...

EDIT: x-ed since phantom's 516
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #523
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Hi all! Sorry I haven't been around at all toDay, just been on a class trip so only got back about 10 minutes ago. Just to let you know I'm actually going to disappear again before too long because it's my friend's birthday but I will be back to vote for a Rep and then I'll be around for much more of the second half of the Day.

Got to go read through the thread now. Will hopefully get another post up before I leave.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:35 AM   #524
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Quote:
Thus, it makes me wonder that you're so eager to say that you can hardly defend yourself against such suspicions. I don't think anyone's really expecting you to... except maybe you yourself, and that makes you seem a little wolvish to me.
So, do you not see the benefits that can be gained from taking the suspicions of others and logically answering them?

Let me ask, have you ever suspected an Ordo? (obvious answer- yes)

And the next question- has an Ordo ever been able to convince you via logic and reactions that he is innocent, and you turn your suspicions aside? (obvious answer- yes)

The fact is, an Ordo who does not attempt to defend himself is failing his duty to the village. If I suspect an Ordo, I expect him to tell me why I'm wrong! If he manages to convince me to take my eyes off of him, even just a little bit, then he has helped the village, for the whole point is to come to suspect Werewolves, not Ordos.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #525
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
For me, Agan, I've been in these very arguements with Lommy, they have almost been identical and it turned out that it was two innocents going at each other.
I know, I've been in those too and I still can't help it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sally
Heh. Had to giggle at the rainbow comments.
They were originally a slip of mine when I was talking about WW with her ages ago in RL, and now she's using them to her own ends!

I have way too little time left but I see if I can go through Ilya's posts before leaving.

At the moment I think I could vote either Boro or Shasta, maybe morm or phantom as well.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:53 AM   #526
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
If he manages to convince me to take my eyes off of him, even just a little bit, then he has helped the village, for the whole point is to come to suspect Werewolves, not Ordos.~the phantom
Yes, that's the reason I like going for the full frontal assault, lots of suspicion directed at someone can end up clearing their name. Though sometimes I really do get carried away and am in a driver's seat with the blinders on.

Quote:
If you're a wolf this looks almost like mockery, "Keep suspecting innocents with such fury, mwa-ha-ha"!~Agan
That's called paranoia darling, and it's quite understandable, I don't suspect some tea leaves will end up calming some of that down? Also, I fully am aware that what I have just done is the same exact thing that I suspected you yesterday after backing off Lommy. I'm hypocritical, what can I say? But, werewolf I am not.

Edit: crossed with Agan.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #527
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The list.

I'M WORRIED ABOUT (in no particular order):
Eönwë - His points are mostly vague and what is most worrisome is that he slips completely under my radar to an extent that it seems deliberate.
Nogrod - My theory about why he suddenly jumped on Legate on poor grounds combined with the night kill of McCaber (yes, I too thought about Nog or someone framing Nog being behind it...) makes me feel uneasy about him.
Gwathagor - Another worrisome submarine. I didn't like his rep vote yesterDay, and he seems to me to be more of a submarine than he usually is.
Aganzir - She no longer gives me innocent vibes so she belongs in this category. I don't know why, maybe it's because she seems more tense and more stressed than usual.
Ilya - Like has been said before, her part in yesterDay's voting looked like easy bandwagoning and made me uneasy when I read it.
Brinniel - I don't like her reasons for voting Legate. Otherwise she has given me no reason to suspect her so I don't, but I'm not as certain about her innocence as I used to and will keep an eye on her.

I'M NOT WORRIED ABOUT (likewise):
Boromir88 - Seems genuine and brings up good valid points.
Lommy - She doesn't look at all guilty to me at this point.
mormegil - Has given me no reason whatsoever to suspect him. Feels genuine and reasonable and raises good points.
the phantom - Currently I don't think he is a baddie. Currently, mind you.

I DON'T KNOW WHETHER TO BE WORRIED OR NOT:
Gil-Galad - Really too little substance to draw conclusions from.
Kath - Rudolph loves her, that's for sure...
Nerwen - No read, though she isn't even among the most quiet players. That woman is just sneaky. I have no idea about her.
Rune - No idea yet. I'd like to see more of him.
Sally - No idea.
Shasta - Now he has been posting quite a lot, but still I have no idea about him.
The Ka - Now if Nerwen is sneaky, then what is Ka? (answer: very sneaky.)

Hmmm. At this point, I think my rep vote might go for morm or Lommy. I'd like to see new faces among the reps, and they both are innocentish and reasonable players who I think could do well as reps.

EDIT: x-ed with Agan and Boro
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
Old 11-14-2008, 11:07 AM   #528
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye

As far as Reps, I'd like to see these people-

Agan
Boro
Green
Kath
Rune
Old 11-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #529
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
I'm "hovering"? And I'm "behind the scenes"?~the phantom
I think what Lommy is trying to say is while you are in no way whatsoever quiet, and there is no question you are the most vocal player, you're not overly committing towards any one way...well if that makes sense.

Or let me put it this way, you're around a lot, giving lots and lots of information but you're holding back a bit. Thus, you're "behind the scenes," you know...doing all the prep work.

But hey, like I said earlier, if you want to do all the homework keep going, makes my day a lot easier. No one should take your word for it, and just so you know (although I doubt I have to tell you this) when something strikes me, I double check to make sure you're not manipulating anything for some evil purpose...but yes I have to say it's served me extremely well as far as focusing and organizing, and I don't have to spend hours rummaging through the pages on where I thought I saw something suspicious/odd/innocent, whatever it is.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #530
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Aganzir - She no longer gives me innocent vibes so she belongs in this category. I don't know why, maybe it's because she seems more tense and more stressed than usual.
Elaborate on more tense and more stressed than usual.
And tell me why I belong to Worried-category if I no longer give you innocent vibes. Isn't there a grey zone as well, or am I so suspicious that ony those innocent vibes kept you from defining me as downright suspicious right away?

I'm working on Ilya but I don't think I get my project finished since I should leave in something like ten minutes. I'll post what I have then, though.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:13 AM   #531
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Or let me put it this way, you're around a lot, giving lots and lots of information but you're holding back a bit.
Oh, you think that's what she meant? Well then, to that all I can say is- yeah. I am holding back thoughts. And you oughta be darn thankful that I am. Some things shouldn't be said.
Quote:
I double check to make sure you're not manipulating anything for some evil purpose
"For some evil purpose" being the key phrase here, because I absolutely am manipulating. I've said certain things about certain people to manipulate. But the key is, why? The answer- I'm trying to plant certain ideas with the WWs that will not benefit them. And the fact that I said that won't even help them figure out what things I'm talking about.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #532
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
I am quite insulted that you think I'd try an idiotic wolf-cub ploy like pretending not to know the rules.
The problem with a statement like this is it's could be an attempt to back me up against a wall. Nerwen could feel that by saying she is offended that I will back off because to proceed further would be rude. I will not back off, look at what her little 'slip' has done. Multiple people are coming and delcaring her likely innocent. I think it is a great ploy to use and that you are wise enough to use it. It is not an insult, rather a compliment, but it makes me not trust you and the fact that you are now trying to pressure me to stop bothers me too.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:18 AM   #533
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
I think what Lommy is trying to say is while you are in no way whatsoever quiet, and there is no question you are the most vocal player, you're not overly committing towards any one way...well if that makes sense.

Or let me put it this way, you're around a lot, giving lots and lots of information but you're holding back a bit. Thus, you're "behind the scenes," you know...doing all the prep work.

But hey, like I said earlier, if you want to do all the homework keep going, makes my day a lot easier. No one should take your word for it, and just so you know (although I doubt I have to tell you this) when something strikes me, I double check to make sure you're not manipulating anything for some evil purpose...but yes I have to say it's served me extremely well as far as focusing and organizing, and I don't have to spend hours rummaging through the pages on where I thought I saw something suspicious/odd/innocent, whatever it is.
Another word is puppetmaster...you don't really see him but he is controlling the show. I think that what Lommy feels and I do too to a degree.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #534
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
I have to go now, and may not be back in time to vote later.

So I will return the compliment:

++Lommy for rep

Because I'm thinking of her as likely innocent right now, and she usually has good judgement. I also would prefer to see a change of government.

EDIT: x'd since Boro at 539.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #535
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Ilya

First she just speculates game mechanics - differences between the weight of reps, and possible uses of filibuster; seer's province (why? Would the seer risk him-/herself just to save one known innocent?) or someone's who's wishing to avoid lynching, especially wolves' - later she voted against filibuster. Then she suggested that as the game progresses, it might be good to have a method of empowering reps so as to mitigate a charismatic wolf from ruling the reps. Now that I think of it, I don't quite understand what that means. Could you explain?
She also agreed that a limited number of reps would be necessary, and suggested seven.

On her list of suspicions she said eg. she's naturally highly suspicious of Brinn because everybody seems to trust her (explained later: she got two votes so early but Ilya couldn't remember if there was anything else she was afraid of about her). Di's post felt weird to her. All Legate's posts made sense but there were too many of them. Suggested it's a good idea to vote both loudmouths and lurkers for reps, but we should "let at least one experienced writes-a-lot have the power to vote, so that all the reps can't fall back on tp's or Legate's or Shasta's Day 2 arguments." Now, how could all the reps do that since everybody is allowed to talk and make suggestions, anyway?

She voted Boro for her rep despite being not quite sure about him, but his logic is sound and points worth consideration. Not sure if it's just me but I think there's something too nice in this reasoning.

She said she wouldn't want to vote anyone who already had one vote (Eönwë, Gwath, Legate).
Then there's post #407 which looks worth a look but I don't have time for it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
According to Ilya, I backed off of Lommy in a way that parroted what a lot of other people had said, and she didn't know what to think of that. I find this ignorant if not downright suspicious - it's rather she who's parroting what other people (Boro) have said instead of checking the facts herself. She's throwing a thing in the open without a comment of her own, like, "Look at this and reach your own conclusions! *wink wink*", and that's something I don't particularly like. Besides, before Boro people had just said Lommy and I were probably innocent, and it's weird how quickly Ilya's opinion changed (from not knowing what to think but apparently not finding very suspicious to suspecting) after accusations had seemingly started to pop up.
This is one thing I found suspicious about her, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Does anybody else find it odd that Agan and Brinn voted for each other, and now Brinn is questioning Agan? There may be nothing to it, but Agan has been a little hard to follow, at least for me, and it just muddles things further.
A question - when you said "Agan has been a little hard to follow," did you mean Legate or me since you had us two confused in your post anyway?

After Legate started to seem like the obvious lynch, she said she needed another reread before making up her mind. She said she didn't feel she had enough to go for Eönwë or Gwath. Then a quote which I find suspicious:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilya
Legate has two votes now. I'm giving his long post one more go, and if I'm still as suspicious as I am right now, I'm gonna vote.
Voted Legate with a quote
Quote:
I'm still not satisfied, but Boro is right. The reality of a death may tell us more about our reasoning than keeping someone around and doing more guesswork.
Sorry I'm just posting quotes instead of summarizing things myself but I just don't have the time.

Cab struck her as a safe kill.
Quote:
Edit: Will stick around for tp's list, because I want to see an alternative view to the gut suspicious I had of Agan.
That was about it.

I will be xing with everybody since my last post. I read quickly what's been posted in the meanwhile and vote for a rep, and then I must run or my friend will kill me.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:32 AM   #536
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

My suspicion list is now as follows (in no particular order):
Ilya
Eönwë
Greenie

Lommy (not that I'm actively suspecting her, I just want to keep an eye on her)
Nog (keeping an eye on him until I have time to go through his posts)
Nerwen (I agree with morm's latest about her - planning to go through her posts when I have time anyway)

++Boro for rep

I really have no time to think about it more now and I trust him.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:35 AM   #537
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Another word is puppetmaster...you don't really see him but he is controlling the show. I think that what Lommy feels and I do too to a degree.
When's the last time you couldn't say this about me? It rather seems like suspecting person X because they are, in fact, person X.

Perhaps I should suspect Nogrod for posting more than once yesterday. Or perhaps I'll suspect Brin for posting in English.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:38 AM   #538
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
And you oughta be darn thankful that I am. Some things shouldn't be said.~the phantom
You better believe it, I don't want my underground hints that would lead the entire village into believing that I was the seer to be broadcasted all over the village. Alright, I promise to give up the grand show, as I have obviously struck out, failed, wolves didn't bite...time for me to accept the ordinariness - :ugh: it can get so boring.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:39 AM   #539
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Rep votes...

Ah, good. Boro has a vote.

I'm interested to see what Nerwen does if she gains power. I still don't trust her. But we'll see.

As far as Lommy, on one hand I'd like to think she's innocent because she seems paranoid. On the other hand I would have thought that after just being a Werewolf with me in my last game she'd have recognized McCaber as definitely not my handiwork.

EDIT: x-post Boro
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #540
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
You better believe it, I don't want my underground hints that would lead the entire village into believing that I was the seer to be broadcasted all over the village. Alright, I promise to give up the grand show, as I have obviously struck out, failed, wolves didn't bite...time for me to accept the ordinariness - :ugh: it can get so boring.
Ha ha ha!

I was going to do a Seer show as well, but I was saving it for tomorrow. I figured if the Seer lived through tonight and I could buy him/her/it a fourth dream that it'd be well worth it.

And the fact that I came right out and said this will make my act no less effective. The WWs will discuss me as a kill choice tonight. "He's screwing with us!" "No, that's just what he wants us to think!"
Old 11-14-2008, 11:46 AM   #541
Ilya
Wight

Ilya has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Quote:
Ilya - her vote yeterDay makes me raise eyebrows. Looks like idle opportunistic bandwagoning.
I'll save you the trouble of looking. Yeah, that's exactly what it was. I wasn't sure, so I jumped in with everybody else. It was safe, which I guess is why it looks wolfish. I would also propose it looks like a newbie who only wants to stay in the game long enough until she can get the hang of it, and then start alienating people, but I can't decide for you. As to the whole Agan/Lommy thing and my opinions thereon, I still dunno what to make of it. I've been vacillating on that. I want to look at the text and there's not all that much there, though not for lack of posting. But something about it doesn't feel right to me. I'm suspicious of Agan, and I suppose I'm fumbling because I cannot for the life of me find anything to back it up. Boro and tp were really the people who's analysis I was paying attention to all day, and I haven't even looked at them from a suspicious POV. So, I'm gonna keep myself from posting for another hour, at least, and then I'll come back, hopefully with less doubts and agreements and more opinions.

Edit: Man, I already caved on the let's-not-post-and-just-take-notes. Agan, a "charismatic wolf" would be someone who has a bead on the general suspicions of the reps and would be able to do exactly what Boro did to me yesterday: cast a vote with authority, and convince me to jump on the bandwagon. It wasn't such an issue for the other reps, though, in practice, which is all the more awkward for me, I guess. I don't think I had you confused with Legate, but I'll go back and look what I wrote again. The Gil-Shasta did strike me as odd, because I know that Gil's usually quite canny, and so I thought, maybe, you know, it was a staged thing.

Ok, now I really am going to go reread the thread, and not just post that I'm reading it and instead go to YouTube.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 AM   #542
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
I managed to peak in during the morning and will have a few comments on something there. Then I'm going to read what has been said after that.

And just fyi I'm sharing the computer with Greenie tonight (RL) so we will be posting in something like turns.

I don't know if you have come to a conclusion about McCaber being killed or not but to me it looks very puzzling indeed. And it makes me wonder. Why not tp? Why not Boro? Why not me? (add any player you think being a major threat to the wolves). There is no ranger so they roam free at Nights. So why not?

So Boro and tp and Lommy / Aganzir... (add your favourite wolf's bane here) are wolves and they let me live to see the other Day (just to attack me... it seems...)? It would sure be in the wolves' interest to get down players who'd threathen them. But they didn't.

And as the suggestion of there being those wolves looks a bit improbable I must think the wolves were actually after a seer. Even if it's Fea's game I'm not just ready to believe that he would have picked tp and Boro as wolves together with Lommy or Agan... or morm / Kath (if it's Fea who picks them)?

Which doesn't mean one of them wouldn't be a wolf... or two? I just can't believe they all are.

Maybe she could pull out that kind of thing?

But what's the other possibility?

If they thought of him as the seer? That would make sense... in a way. Killing the seer surely is the number one thing for the wolves. I have been a wolf enough many times to know what is the first priority of the wolves. But in this case I'm not too happy about this explanation either as I can't see anything seerish in McCaber's posting as it's more like his normal submarine-behaviour. But neither can I figure out a third way at this point.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #543
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Boro, if you're around, could you do me a favor? Read this section I'm quoting from Nog and tell me if it reminds you strongly of anything.

It did me, but I worry that it is simply because I am biased in favor of not trusting Nog at this time, therefore anything he says is incriminating, where as if I found him innocent initially his post would instead convince me further of innocence.

Anyway, what do you think of this-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod
I don't know if you have come to a conclusion about McCaber being killed or not but to me it looks very puzzling indeed. And it makes me wonder. Why not tp? Why not Boro? Why not me? (add any player you think being a major threat to the wolves). There is no ranger so they roam free at Nights. So why not?

So Boro and tp and Lommy / Aganzir... (add your favourite wolf's bane here) are wolves and they let me live to see the other Day (just to attack me... it seems...)? It would sure be in the wolves' interest to get down players who'd threathen them. But they didn't.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #544
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Where is Shasta today? He had the second highest count yesterday and today he's nowhere to be found. I don't remember him mentioning that he would be gone.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 PM   #545
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
I'll save you the trouble of looking. Yeah, that's exactly what it was. I wasn't sure, so I jumped in with everybody else.~Ilya
That's understandable, it's difficult to tell the difference between a bandwagoning wolf and an innocent who was convinced by someone else's arguments. That's why wolves bandwagon, because telling the difference between the two is near impossible. Although, the fact is bandwagoning is a sign of wolvish-ness and therefor anyone who does it should automatically be looked at.

I will also say you are quite the sweet talker, but I'm still a little wary. Because it either means you're genuine, innocent, or maybe you aren't as new to this as you are trying to convince people that you are?

Ok, I hope you can follow that last question, more of a rhetorical one from me though.

Quote:
Why not tp? Why not Boro?~Nogrod
Well, I would move to pass the motion that since neither tp, nor myself died on Night 1, that Shasta and Mith are both in the clear.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:30 PM   #546
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
It did me, but I worry that it is simply because I am biased in favor of not trusting Nog at this time, therefore anything he says is incriminating,~the phantom
Not exactly sure why you're asking me, I wouldn't be the most unbiased person to ask, because my strategies and styles have been absolutely warped by you, but anyway I will tell you what it reminds me of...

Reminds me of when you are a wolf, how you absolutely love to dangle "answers" right out in the hopeless innocents' faces, without leading them to the correct answer.

Like I said though, I'm probably not the best person you can ask, for a fair opinion...hmm too bad Agan left. Morm? Ilya?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:50 PM   #547
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

And some more thoughts in response to you, tp....

Reminds me of an old argument...hmm, maybe I can come up with another Downerism, because I know this aggravated SpM greatly. The argument that if SpM wasn't dead by Night 3 he was obviously a wolf, because wolves would not leave around an innocent SpM.

So, he uses this argument and lumps several "wolf-banes" together, and out of them, he's obviously the innocent one, who is now being singled out. However, it's peculiar that he doesn't point out the possibility that McCaber was a safe kill for wolves, because he wouldn't leave a trail. Why did you leave out that possibility Nogrod? Did you leave it out, because you realized it would be completely conflicting with your argument about why one of the "wolf-banes" wasn't killed last night?
Old 11-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #548
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Point of order.

[QUOTE=Nogrod;573476] Even if it's Fea's game I'm not just ready to believe that he would have picked [/QUOTE]

On behalf of the moddesses, I would say that we are all, all woman, all of the time. The fact that the computer system at work calls me Andrew is completly irrelevant.

The other moddesses are free to confirm or deny this. Or not.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #549
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Meh... guess it's not that obvious then.

What it reminded me of is the way I talked about Kuru in the game where you and I were WWs. I tried to lump myself into a small group with him and talk about why the WWs weren't killing us, and come up with reasons for it. Anyway...

EDIT: x-posted Boro and Mith
Old 11-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #550
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil View Post
Where is Shasta today? He had the second highest count yesterday and today he's nowhere to be found. I don't remember him mentioning that he would be gone.
Paper tech today. I'll be around in a few hours.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:56 PM   #551
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mith
I would say that we are all, all woman, all of the time.
Glad to hear it.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #552
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

tp, you might have crossed with my last post, because after some further thought, I believe I eventually thought the same...I guess my memory just nearly isn't as good as yours...
Old 11-14-2008, 12:58 PM   #553
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Reminds me of an old argument...hmm, maybe I can come up with another Downerism, because I know this aggravated SpM greatly. The argument that if SpM wasn't dead by Night 3 he was obviously a wolf, because wolves would not leave around an innocent SpM.
Yeah, that's the rule I had in mind in our WW game (WW X). We felt that we had to come up with a reason for the two of us to still be alive late into the game, so we left alive Kuru as well and then on the thread "wondered" why the WWs weren't killing any of us.

EDIT: x-post Boro
Old 11-14-2008, 01:04 PM   #554
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Dead Moddesses still flirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by the phantom View Post
Glad to hear it.
I am sure you never doubted any of us

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #555
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Then just a few thoughts on those posts I felt kind of bad from the early hours of the Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
Nog- I can't trust the guy at all. All of his dynamics talk seems like he's talking about that because he sure as heck can't talk about suspects
Now tp, you're either an innocent who tries to insult me saying that as a wolf I couldn't come up with a case out from nothing. Dear sir, please! Hit and try as hard as you can - that's the only way to find out who's who / what - but that one's bad, really. Somehow, coming from you, I really can't believe my eyes.

Or then you are a wolf trying to bring forwards suspicion on me to get rid of me "sportily" in the broad Daylight? Somehow I'd think you would have come up with a better idea.

So I can't quite believe that either. *baffled*

The same goes with the next one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp
His support for Boro and I at times reminded me of the way I've treated other loudmouths as a WW.
You know it as well as I do that neither you or me, or Boro, or Lommy, or... would vote a contributing player out on Day1 unless there was a severe case to be made against that one. You argued yourself yesterDay that there are some people you just wished to have around - not because you think them innocent but because you'd like to have them around to see what they think. It's much easier (and more fun & challenging) to try to figure out someone who's there out in the open than just blindly guessing on someone who doesn't post or say anything (and it's not the number of posts but the content of them: two Nerwen's beat 11 MCCaber's... anyDay - sorry McCaber, one shouldn't talk bad on the the dead, but looking at your posts on Day1 kind of underlines that if you look at them content-wise).

So how come you tp think that if I act in the same way as you do it makes me look suspicious? What does it say of you?

Knowing what you're cabable of I must say I'm disappointed to you as a wolf. And it would be an insult if you were an innocent thinking me a possible wolf with this. What are you up to? Fea didn't talk of there being cobblers...

The other thing then:
Quote:
Ok, Gwath says Nog will keep the quiet ones on their toes, Gwath hasn't posted a lot...ya it's contradictory, but talk about a real weak (I would even call bogus) accusation of wolvish-ness.

Then he credits Gwath for questioning the phantom. What is it that teachers like to do now...the compliment sandwhich? This is really good, wow you suck here, but oh this is nice.
Ten points for the teacher-thing. I can absolutely see myself there...

But on the Gwath-suspicion. Sadly you left out the real point - or was it on purpose? I kind of remember you used a sig saying something like "for your safety and my sanity read all the thread"!!!

What I said about Gwath was this (talking from the devil's advocate point of view that is):
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on #370
Like: "I know he tends to go after the submarines in the early Days so why not vote him to be a rep and say that the vote is for keeping an eye to the non-posters" - at the same time rubbing me the right way to make me choose someone else from the quiet-ones instead. So if he thought I was going after the more silent people anyway (and there was a good chance I was going to be voted as a rep anyhow looking at the posts before that point of the game) what would have been a better way to avoid my eye (well, it was a bad way if that was what was intended as I noticed it... a good try? )?
Let's spell it out then...

Think of Gwath as a wolf (take the devil's advocate point of view).

He knows I'm one of the loudest proponents of lynching the enigmatic people out on the first Days as it will get tougher Day by Day and the number of submarines may decide the whole game in the end.

He realises he's one of the possible targets (I've gotten him lynched pretty early a time or two on Day1 or 2).

So what does he think as he sees many people seem to trust me and I might be on my way to being a representative thus adding to his anguish (he is a wolf in this scenario, mind you)?

He makes a decent try by voting me to be his representative so that I would feel good about it and leave him out from my possible list of "lynching the quiets" because he trusted me! This is the point I voted for him, not that it was a contradicition.

Sorry Boro, but I get the feel that you are as well either disparaging my intelligence seriously or you are just throwing things forwards without actually reading the thread. Or then you're a wolf trying to get something on someone who is an innocent but make a pretty bad performance with it.

And I'm having serious hardship in trying to believe any of the possibilities.

And the last thing. You Boro say I'm giving pressure to Legate while voting Gwath - and that makes me suspicious.

I never vote Legate on Day1, neither I vote you, or tp, or Lommy or... unless there is a major case behind the suspicion. You know it. (and if not look up there for the explanation)

But what I'm used to is to kind of give all my last thoughts forwards before I go as I don't know whether I'm alive when the next Day comes. So I pointed to the fact that I suspected Legate for that "doing a Legate 180" and when I saw the Star Wars -thing I thought it noteworthy enough to point it out (I was wrong, yes; but had he been a wolf and I had not pointed to that one, I would have cursed aloud if I had been killed the last Night and Legate had gone on winning the game while I had noticed that little thing but had not voiced it).

I like your "cut the crap" -attitude Boro, but this is not it. Not the least as you were one of those who actually lynched Legate.

Are you trying to whitewash yourself? Turning the attention to others from your own guilt? Couldn't resist lynching an innocent loudmouth who could be on your way? Got a trophy from lynching Legate?

It's Day2 now and we're getting something more solid to base our thoughts on, btw.

Okay I'll let Greenie in but then I will look at the rest of the posting toDay.

Me, slow? Really?

EDIT: X'd with hundreds... and still not read even a third of toDay's posting... and leaving the PC to Greenie for a while. I'm catcjhing up though... but slowly.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #556
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
Now tp, you're either an innocent who tries to insult me saying that as a wolf I couldn't come up with a case out from nothing.
Wrong. That comment meant that you couldn't come up with anything because there wasn't in truth anything to come up with. I never said that you couldn't fake it in a believable way.

I think you're misunderstanding my distrust of you. I'm suspecting you not on any sort of slip, or logical contradiction, but rather on the attitude that I am attempting to read behind your posts. Two people can say the same exact thing and have entirely different attitudes.

Example:
Person 1 and 2 both voice suspicion of person 3. But when I read their posts I interpret them like this-
1- I'm an Ordo that doesn't know who to suspect. Right now Person 3 looks suspicious to me.
2- I'm a WW and I want you to lynch wrong. Person 3 looks like a good target.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nog
You know it as well as I do that neither you or me, or Boro, or Lommy, or... would vote a contributing player out on Day1 unless there was a severe case to be made against that one.
Indeed. I'm not suspecting you for not going after or voting for one of us on Day 1. I'm suspecting you because when I read what you say it reminds me of what I'd say if I were a WW.

That's what all this is based on Nog- what I'm hearing behind the words. I could be completely wrong, because no two people think exactly alike. If I can I'm going to go back to a game in which you are innocent and read it a bit and see if I can get a better feel of how you talk and such.

I'm not ready to hang you now, but I don't trust you enough to make you a Rep either. We'll see as the day unfolds which way I am swayed.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #557
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Elaborate on more tense and more stressed than usual.
And tell me why I belong to Worried-category if I no longer give you innocent vibes. Isn't there a grey zone as well, or am I so suspicious that ony those innocent vibes kept you from defining me as downright suspicious right away?
I'm sorry, dear, but it's difficult to elaborate on a general feeling you get from someone's posts. Somehow you seem more touchy and much quicker to retaliate to anything that even mildly concerns you. (Actually the quote above is quite a good example.) As for the worried-category - you might want to notice that it was "worried about", not "downright suspicious" -category. There is a huge difference. Let's make it clear: my "worried about" -category practically means the people I'm not ready to call innocent and people I want to keep an eye on. If it was "I suspect these people" -category, I would have named it as such. Trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Ilya
Eönwë
Greenie
Nerwen (I agree with morm's latest about her - planning to go through her posts when I have time anyway)
Just for change, please elaborate on why exactly I am on your suspicion list.

EDIT: x-ed with no one!! Now what is this?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:02 PM   #558
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Ilya
Eönwë
Greenie

I will continue to be around on and off for the rest of the day (RL), I should be around most of tomorrow (RL) but perhaps a bit more intermitent. Anyway I am going to vote for Aganzir as my Rep because a lot of her suspects are those who I suspect, namely Nerwen being the top. I would like my rep to vote the way I feel and since I have a greater degree of trust in Agan than many others it's a satisfactory match for my vote.

++Aganzir for Rep

As far as the Nog, Tummy (phantom), Boro conversation goes I find it interesting and am modifying my opinions of them. Boro still has my trust the other two do not. I believe Nogrod has been called into question enough to narrow my list down to Agan, Boro, and Brinn of those I would trust to be a rep. I think making Nerwen a rep, as she already has one vote, would be interesting to see how she handles it but I'm not willing to throw my vote her way to make sure she is.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:04 PM   #559
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
But on the Gwath-suspicion. Sadly you left out the real point - or was it on purpose? I kind of remember you used a sig saying something like "for your safety and my sanity read all the thread"!!!~Nogrod
I don't believe I left out anything important, I quoted your point about Gwath's contradiction and the devil's advocate line; I'm not going to quote you line by line here Nogrod, I would certainly hate to infringe on any type of copyright. Anyway, I'm not going to dive into this tit-for-tat, you're not reading what I'm saying stuff.

I said your case against Gwath was balogna. Period. And I thought it was very reasonable to ask why you continued to pressure Legate after you said you wouldn't be voting for him. Alright, you like to post your final thoughts before heading out, I know that, and concede it's normal for you. Normal doesn't mean you're not a wolf, and yes I guess that means it doesn't make you one either.

Anyway, I still call your vote for Gwath balogna. So, let me get this devil's advocate thing straight...you assumed if Gwath was a quiet wolf, and he knew you were going after the quiet players, than he would try to win your trust by voting for you as his rep? Also all that not wanting to lynch tp, me, legate...etc on Day 1 that you just love to feed everyone, ok got it. It's still balogna, because you assumed Gwath was a wolf and then carved out a reasoning to fit your assumption.

I'm also well aware that Lommy (and I believe Agan) originally threw out the idea that since McCaber died, they want to scream "Nogrod's a wolf." So, don't lecture me about not reading carefully. I just haven't said anything about it yet, because I wanted to get a response from you, and I can only do one thing at a time here.

I'm getting about as me-focused as the phantom here, because I thought after McCaber's death, crap the wolves are going to be coming after me, as at the end I made a case for why they should kill an innocent McCaber. Virtually, I signed his death warrant there...but really the opposite has happened. Lommy's said it makes me look innocent to her, Agan has voted me as a rep, and they both thought the death would point towards you. So, apparently if you're innocent, you're the one the wolves wanted to set up, or you're a wolf and killed McCaber.

Edit: crossed with Greenie and morm
Old 11-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #560
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

Awh, this is just my luck. Now that I'm online, the discussion has momentarily ceased. Blah. I suppose I have to keep it going, then...

Just some random thoughts. First of all, I think Nogrod's behaviour toDay has been quite odd. He seems somehow very aggressive (ahem - I mean, more than usual ) and seems to get heated very easily. The way he reacts to tp's and Boro's posts about him looks really like overreacting and playing the martyr to me. That over-confident "you say this about me, which I don't like, so you are either wolf or stupid: and because I know you can do better and are not stupid, it means you are a wolf!" -attitude doesn't sit right with me. Also, I still don't like his traditional "you know I'm not the kind of player who does that" -argument.

Other than that, I've been mildly annoyed by the "veterans" speaking about past games. Ok, I know that the topic can't be avoided and all, and that it's useless to play WW if we can't take advantage of our past experiences, but using them as arguments is not nice. They might be efficient arguments in themselves but are a bit difficult to follow if truth be told.

Oh, don't I sound grumpy. I don't like this, I'm annoyed by that. As if there was nothing I like in this game...

Well. I'll probably vote for a rep soon and then go to sleep. I really don't feel like staying up late tonight.

Please please cross-post with someone!!

EDIT: morm and Boro, I love you!