The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2008, 02:30 PM   #521
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye heads up...

I just thought I'd let you know that it is possible no one will be around to close the day right at the deadline.

You are free to post so long as no one has announced the beginning of Night, however, VOTES cast after 9:59 GMT will NOT COUNT.

Carry on.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #522
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Erm, Might, why do you say Sauce is an innocent? Is there a dream of Farael's I missed?

Anyway, voting:

Agan ~ 3
Might ~ 3

Eep, I knew it was getting close but I didn't know it was getting that close! And I don't actually want to vote for either of them. The attack against Agan has felt engineered since it began Days ago, and I don't find myself suspicious of the Might. If I were to vote for one of the two it would be the Might if only because with the sheer number of loudmouth wolves we've had a quiet one would make sense.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #523
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
To let you know:

I will be here at close of day to refrain from telling you the role of whoever you kill and to narrate my way happily into the Night. You've got about a half hour.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:37 PM   #524
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Erm, Might, why do you say Sauce is an innocent? Is there a dream of Farael's I missed?
Well, he did dream of me. But unfortunately it was before the Cursed was turned.

What say you to a vote for Isabellkya?

++ISABELLKYA
Old 01-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #525
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I'm back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
My playing is based very much on feelings and intuition, and I can't help if you strike me as a werewolf. That's the same reason I have kept going after Legate- and the same reason I kept suspecting Mac while quite a number of others said my case against him was far-fetched, improbable or whatever.
Now I'm quite inclined to see this as subtly inputting messages that should support your innocence. Wolf-on-wolf votes in this game are, as you said yourself, not rare, and if you are a Wolf, there is possible that we discover the wolf-on-wolf vote for Nogrod there was so much speculation about in the past.

Anyway, if I am able to catch it in time, there will come something to chew from me in case we don't lynch a Wolf toDay and I'm killed toNight.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM   #526
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Oh. Well no I don't particularly want to vote for Izzy either. Last minute bandwagons are just a bad idea in so many ways. No, I guess I'll just bite the bullet and go for:

++MIGHT

I could see his playing style being that of a wolf far more than I could Agans'.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:54 PM   #527
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Well, I would have preferred to lynch Isabellkya than The Might, but so be it.

--ISABELLKYA
++THE MIGHT
Old 01-04-2008, 03:57 PM   #528
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
This is not much more than concretising and also radicalising (and I am warning about that) my post about everyone toDay.

Aganzir- if she is not lynched toDay, I suggest strongly lynching her some other Day. It was all said before, now she puts himself in the dangerous role of a stubborn innocent; with building such image in front of the village there is strong chance for her to survive till the end.
Eomer of the Rohirrim- I don't think he is a Wolf, but I think he may be twisted. His behavior seems to be following some pattern I am not able to grasp. I played once in the same pack with a Wolf, resp. Vampire Eomer so I can say I have a little insight into him; as I said, he does not look like a Wolf, but more like something else. Not an innocent. (Oh my, I sound like Aganzir now.) We don't know what role this plays when the dead's roles are not revealed.
Isabellkya- looking rather innocent.
Kath- I'm afraid I can't say more than I said earlier about her.
mormegil- looking strongly innocent, cf. above.
The Might- also inclined to think innocent, cf. above
The Saucepan Man- I said that: lately, reasonable, but it will be wise to keep an eye on him for what I raised sometime before against him (Day 3 or when it was).

Other general stuff: I don't think there were two packs of wolves for it would be surely strange not to have more nightly kills (unless the Ranger was miraculously succesful, but even then, you know). I think no twists have been revealed this far and there are at least two - so whoever of you are innocent, watch out.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 01-04-2008, 04:00 PM   #529
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Yeah, so that is it. Take care all, and if I don't survive this Night, see you later after game.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:31 PM   #530
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
"Cruelty?” laughed the Voice. “Me? Perhaps, but only one such as you would label those things which I have done with a word such as ‘cruelty.’ And I daresay I am yet imperfect, for only those like you, proud fool, consider themselves to be unchangeable and right. I can yet learn, adapt. There is hope, for me”

“You speak of inability to adapt, yet my plan was altered, and I still claim victory over you and yours! For in the end, in a battle between you and I, I shall always prevail. Do not pretend you do not know the Power which I serve.”

“Your precious Power... Your Power deceives you. Tricks you. Keeps secrets from you. Your Power’s bidding is a command to you, one you follow with no thought of your own. One you follow blindly. Your Power enslaves you, creates a monster of you.”

So it went between them, a battle of curious words, both sides unswayable, throughout the day.

And as their voices echoed over the heads of the villagers, altered by the damp of the fog, carried strangely over the water so as to seem to come from everywhere, the villagers in turn argued.

"Remember lore!” shouted Saucie. “Remember your history lessons. Hear what I have to say of villages from afar, for I travel and you… you people make lamps, tend sheep, dig graves. Hear this, of a village far away, long ago! Two travelers approached and were side-tracked by a castle similar in appearance in terms of decrepitude and ravens to the House of Usher, if you’re familiar with Poe. And in the tower lived a creature, a mad creature, a fully beautiful creation of feminine form, who called herself the Dark Lady, and she had werewolves, a pair. The travelers died somewhat nonchalantly and took control of the narrative and the Dark Lady commanded the wolves to KILL. And when they died at her feet, due to injuries inflicted by the village, very early on, quite frankly, before the game had really even gotten going, she showed no concern. Rather, she continued to slaughter the village, her decisions made by roll of dice, and continued to play on their fears so they would kill each other even when she rested! Or something like that! It’s been a while! Hear now the story of the Dark Lady! Learn! My point relies less on the details of the events than the fact that she was an absolute nut job, this Dark Lady! Do not forget that the wolves may die but an evil may yet live! Take nothing for granted!”

And many cried, “This is madness!”

To which Saucie responded, “Of course it is, you fools! Of course! That’s what I was trying to tell you! We should be prepared for madness!!!”

To which someone muttered, “I’d say he knows an awful lot about madness… maybe… too much.”

A comment which was deftly ignored by all as decisions were made to lynch both Aganzir and the Might.

“Wait…” muttered Kath. “I don’t want to kill either of them.”

“I mean to contribute to a game run by nutjobs with a bit more madness. Die, Isabellkya, die!” And he charged her with those things he’d tinked in his travels. But he was stopped.

“Ahem.” Quothe the village. “Not Isabellkya. We decide these things by popular vote.”

And Saucie looked meek.

Kath cast her vote for the Might, and Saucie, rebuked, agreed, and so it was that the Might died at the hands of the village. Yet as he died, the fog fell heavily, like a living thing, upon them, around them, between them, and all sounds were muffled, and all were blind. And when it lifted, the Might was gone from their midst.

“Did anybody see if he transformed!?” shouted many.

But alas… nobody knew. And the Fog laughed. And the Voice beyond it almost seemed to chuckle as well.

---
The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

The Departed-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)[/COLOR]
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- found out on Day 3 (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)[/COLOR]
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
Rikae, midwife/wise-woman- executed on Day 5 (WEREWOLF)
Farael, conspiracy theorist- surrendered to fog on Night 6 (SEER)
The Might- shepherd – went missing upon execution (UNKNOWN)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 6. YOU MAY NOT POST.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:35 PM   #531
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

My apologies for it being a little early: I wanted to make sure I could open the day and better a bit early than late or not at all.

---

The village woke.

Their number now totalled six. The gravedigger was missing.

They searched his home, found no sign of struggle. Searched the shores, found no sign of escape. They entered the cemetery, and found no signs of battle. None amongst them smiled or laughed. Eomer of the Rohirrim was missing.

A grave stood open between two tall willows. A headstone was before it. The grave was deep, empty. The stone was tall, white and silver, and seemed to be eroded away by many years of rain, of tides, yet the grave was far above the water's edge.

The only words upon it were these, carved by the hand of Eomer:

Death Is.

The village shuddered. They knew it was by his hand, for tied to the white stone was his white fist, still clutching a chisel. The rest of him, they never saw again.

---

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner

The Departed-
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)
The Might- shepherd – went missing upon execution (UNKNOWN)
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger - dug his own grave, yet was not in it (UNKNOWN)

IT IS NOW DAY 7. YOU MAY POST.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #532
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Whoa. That was certainly... interesting. Looks like I am not leaving you yet after all. Nevertheless, seemingly the trouble did not end yet. Does anyone think TM could have been the wolf, and that we are left here with something, or does anyone even think Eomer was the wolf, and we are left here with even worse something, or do you think, like me, that there is still a wolf lurking around? However we cannot dismiss any possibilities. Not that it would make any difference.

So why Eomer, then... why Eomer? He was TM's main dueling partner for a long time, that's for sure. It looks almost like a lover death (no, this is meant only metaphorically!). And what else? More or less trusted? Not by me, anyway, but even I did not think him a Wolf as probably. So another reason to get rid of him. Or just to confuse us? He seems not to leave too many tracks anyway.

I am not probably staying here for too long toDay, but if anyone of you has anything to say right now, I will read it, otherwise, I will be back in the morning. What do you others think?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 PM   #533
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I think there are a couple of possibilities:

a) Five wolves including the cursed; four are dead. One remains alive, the deaths at night are 'random' so as not to leave a signature from the killer - to keep in line with TP's "twist" of roles not being revealed anymore.

b) Four wolves all dead. The 'twist' of not revealing roles occured after the death of the 4th wolf - Rikae; most likely to as well, keep inline of this hidden twist of another killer. Yet why haven't there been two kills during any of the nights. Unless the remaining killer is part of the wolves - is the Fog or Voice or what have you.

Why Legate was not killed during the night is almost a bit worrying. Surely whoever is responsible for the nightly killings, would not want a 'proven innocent' to try and lead the rest of the village. Yet it could be just another tactic for the killer(s) to insure some kind of confusion and diversion.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #534
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Interesting that the narration didn't include the voice or fog. What to make of that? I realize that the village is rather small now but it seems overly quiet and guarded. I have concerns that nobody will be speaking much. I'm of the opinion that the game will end when the final wolf is dead and accordingly I don't think that The Might was a wolf. That leaves:

Aganzir
Isabellkya
Kath
Legate of Amon Lanc
mormegil
The Saucepan Man

I'm currently inclinced to trust SpM based on the fact that he was dreamt of and deemed innocent; there would have only been the one night to convert him to a wolf and probablity states that it wouldn't have happened. That really leaves our 3 women, in my mind. Of the three Agan is, by standard definition, the most suspicious, but I have problems with that as I don't think her actions are indiciative of a wolfish Agan. I don't trust Isabell and I find myself wanting more from Kath. Meaning that she really hasn't done much to make me suspect her but also she hasn't done much that makes me trust her. That is a dangerous combination. I hope to have time tomorrow to look at both but I fear that due to other obligations today and tomorrow the time I have is very limited and if I do it will be in the last two hours of the day.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:54 AM   #535
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

I am not sure how helpful it is to us now, but here is yesterDay's voting record:

Aganzir: ++Isabellkya (Isabellkya 1)
Legate: ++Aganzir (Isabelkya 1, Aganzir 1)
Eomer: ++The Might (Isabelkya 1, Aganzir 1, The Might 1)
Isabellkya: ++Aganzir (Isabelkya 1, Aganzir 2, The Might 1)
Aganzir: --Isabellkya, ++The Might (Aganzir 2, The Might 2)
Eomer: ++The Might (Aganzir 2, The Might 3)
The Might: ++Aganzir (Aganzir 3, The Might 3)
SpM: ++Isabellkya (Aganzir 3, The Might 3, Isabellkya 1)
Kath: ++The Might (Aganzir 3, The Might 4, Isabellkya 1)
SpM: --Isabellkya, ++The Might (Aganzir 3, The Might 5, Isabellkya 1)

So, why wasn’t Legate killed last Night?

First possibility: The remaining Wolf wanted to put some pressure on him by leaving a question mark over him. But, since we know from Farael’s last dream that Legate is not a Wolf, he is unlikely to attract votes (and therefore take potential votes away from the Wolf) if we assume that we are still hunting for a Wolf, so the motive here would presumably have been to maintain confusion in the village.

Second possibility: The Wolves are all dead and there is some other sinister presence in the village which is out for itself, and which assumes the ability to kill once no Wolves remain. This would point to either Legate being said presence, or to said presence wishing to relieve pressure on him/her-self by putting Legate under the spotlight.

Third possibility: The original Wolves and the Cursed are all dead, but there was some secret role, akin to a Cobbler, which took over from the Wolves when they all died. The conclusion here is similar to that of the second possibility above.

There are no doubt many other possibilities, but they take us so far into the realm of speculation that consideration of them is unlikely to be of much assistance to us.

However, like morm, I am going to assume for the time being that we still have a Wolf on our hands, as I don't think that either The Might or Eomer was a Wolf. My current thoughts on this basis are:

Aganzir: Looking less and less likely to be a Wolf to me. Her best kill last Night would have been Legate, surely, as he was the one putting most pressure on her. For a Wolfish Aganzir, taking out Legate would have outweighed the confuson value of keeping him alive.

Isabellkya: Looking more and more likely to be a Wolf to me. I thought her the more likely Wolf than The Might yesterDay because, while his quietness was drawing attention to him, hers was (is) more subtle.

Kath: Another possible quiet Wolf and, like Isabellkya, she has played subtly and drawn little attention to herself thus far. I would like to hear a whole lot more from her before making my mind up, but I am becoming increasingly suspicious of her.

Legate of Amon Lanc: Little more to say about him than I have already said above. I don’t think that he is a Wolf, but am increasingly inclined to the idea that he is not on the village’s side. Since I believe that we still have a Wolf to find, I am still not sure that lynching him would be in our best interests.

Mormegil: Still trusting him more than any other villager, right now. I am loathe to discount him entirely, since I am well aware that he could, as a Wolf, pull an innocent act off superbly. If he is a Wolf, he has played me (and indeed most of us) like a fiddle, but I can’t see myself voting for him right now.

I am going to look back and see if there is any reason why a Wolf might choose to kill Eomer, other than for the confusion value.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #536
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Well, I have not really had time to look back over the whole thread. Early on, Eomer's suspicions were mainly directed towards Nerwen. Subsequently, he began to focus on The Might. One thing from yesterDay did catch my eye, though. Despite voting for The Might, he said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer
I am suspicious of the 3 girls, mostly intuitively.
... although that does not really help me, as we know that Legate is not a Wolf and I am feeling relatively comfortable about morm at the moment. It's not much of a basis for killing Eomer rather than Legate, so I am still more inclined towards the confusion theory.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #537
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm actually not very surprised that Legate wasn't killed. If there's a chance there's a cobbler in this village, surely it's in the wolf's interests to leave him alive.

What surprises me more is that the wolf decided to kill Eomer instead of Saucie or morm, who both are quite proven innocents. Could it be that, somehow, the remaining wolf is one of those known innocents and doesn't want to draw attention to himself, thus leaving the others alive as well? Probably not; I fail to see the sense in that, as there are not enough Nights left for the wolf to kill all the known innocents anyway.
Or could there be a twisted wolf that doesn't appear to the seer as one? Or should we play it safe and lynch the Fog?
*returns from the beautiful realm of speculation*

Ok, so we have this Day and toMorrow. After that the game ends- either we find the last wolf or the wolf wins. This is of course assuming that the wolf isn't dead already.

I am still suspicious of Isabell, and am planning to go through her posts now.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:37 AM   #538
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I do have this horrible fear that all wolves/evil beings are actually dead and we're just lynching each other for the sport of our dear mod. It seems unlikely, but then both he and Fea played in ATM where that exact thing happened so I can't help thinking it!

I don't think the fact that Legate is still with us is particularly surprising. A known innocent someone said (I've been having trouble keeping up with the Seer dreams, if anyone feels like providing a list I'd love them), is there no chance he couldn't have been the cursed and now a wolf? It would explain the lack of his death. However, I have actually only just thought of that. The reason I wasn't surprised is because no one actually seems to trust him. Where's the harm in leaving a known innocent alive if he's not going to be followed anyway?

But I suppose if we're not going to talk ourselves in circles we are going to have to assume that there is one baddie of one kind or another in our village still.

Agan
Izzy
Legate
morm
Sauce

My natural suspicion of the latter two has been surprisingly dormant this game, possibly because of the relative ease with which we were catching wolves earlier. I have never known what to think of Agan, she is simply one of those I cannot work out. I've spoken about Legate above, which leaves me with Izzy, whom Sauce was very keen to lynch yesterDay. Can I ask why? I might be inclined to vote for her toDay as morm is right, this village will end up with only a couple of posts a Day if we have many quiet people (and yes I know I count in that, I am trying).
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 AM   #539
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Day 1
Isabell agrees with Nerwen that as the wolves are able to communicate also on days, it's easier for them to influence the lynch. Thinks it would be too obvious if Shasta's "Does this mean I'm a wolf thanking Nerwen for mentioning something that can help me out?" was wolfish. His posts don't contain much substance, though, but she doesn't suspect him yet.

Nerwen bothers her, though just a little- especially when she said she could be convinced to vote someone (and among these someones were two wolves).
I don't really know what to make of that comment of Izzie's. If Nerwen had been innocent, it'd be easy to say "Yea, Izzie is attacking someone who suspected her fellows"... But I don't know. Really, everyone can be convinced to vote a particular way. That's what we're doing all the time, that's what I'm trying to do now, unless someone convinces me that someone other than Isabell is in need of immediate lynching. It's just something that isn't said aloud too often, and a nice reason for a wolf to suspect someone.

Nogrod is his usual self (note: not innocent or guilty, just his usual self. The way to mention a player without really mentioning him), and Macalaure's insistance on him is worrying. Valier is suspicious and non-committal. Votes Nerwen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
Boromir is asserting his 'us-ness' a bit too strongly. I can't recall if this is usual style of word choice or not. It is another one of those shallower bluffing tools which are always obvious.
Could you explain what you meant with this? Which is a shallow bluffing tool, saying us (like Nogwolf) or suspecting someone because of saying it?

Day 2
Shasta was an odd choice for the wolves. Eomer's vote (for Nerwen) and comment aren't that worrying, except the phrasing of the first sentence (Not happy about Nogrod being lynched.)
She thinks Mac is probably not a wolf as he was the first one to vote Nog and it'd be risky the place the first (safe) vote for a fellow. Spm was the second to vote Nog, so he isn't probably a wolf either. Is worried by the timing of my vote, although the whole vote is confusing if wolfish. Legate's vote jumps her the most. Some of Nerwen's posts have been just odd.
Tries to decide whether to vote Nerwen, Legate or me (because my reasons to vote either Nogrod and Shasta were weak and allusive and I threatened Shasta).
Votes Nerwen.

Day 3
Votes Nerwen. Thinks she's too flimsy against morm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie
I haven't much liked this whole 'convince me to vote how you want attitude'.. it reeks of innocent.. yet this is why I don't like it. Innocents aren't typically this obvious and blunt about how they can be manipulated by the wolves.
"This thing is innocentish and it makes me think you are a wolf. You must be a wolf because you want to behave like an innocent."
I don't like Izzie's reasoning there. And innocents can be manipulated by other innocents as well.

Day 4
I stick out in her mind, mainly because I was vocally against lynching Nerwen, but it may be a bit too obvious. Doesn't say anything about Farael vs. wolves argument until a few minutes before the deadline when she says she's inclined to believe Farael because it would be so risky for a wolf to claim to be the seer. However, she doesn't like Farael and Boro's aggressiveness. Votes Mac although doesn't like the thought of sacrificing someone in order to find who's lying.

Day 5
Votes Rikae.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzie
The tactics of the wolves during the night are pretty straight forward; they killed the Ranger so they could make a clean kill of the Seer toNight.
But Boro had assumedly protected Farael the previous Night so that if the wolves had attacked him also then, their way should have been clear that Night. And everybody thought it was Farael indeed who had been attacked then, so how come you're so quickly coming forward telling the wolves couldn't be sure if they could kill Farael? Only wolves know whom they attacked and if their pick was protected.

Day 6
Asks if the game ends when we lynch the last wolf.
Votes me because the reasoning behind my vote for her was rather weak, and reminds everyone how she had been going after Nerwen.

Day 7
Speculates something about how many wolves there are left and says it's almost worrying Legate hasn't been killed.

I find her arguments against Nerwen mostly genuine - there's very little that reminds me of Mac and Nog. But it makes me wonder if there truly were two teams or something alike, because I'm not quite ready to consider her innocent either... Or then she just did her work well.

Isabell has been mostly sensible with her suspicions, but still somewhat ignorant all the time.
But what strikes me most is this change in her behaviour on Day 4. What was Day 4? The day Farael gave us the names of two wolves. The day after the cursed was turned? And on Day 5 also Rikae was lynched, and after that Isabell has been talking very little. A wolf afraid she'll slip? Just trying to avoid being noticed? Could it be possible that Isabell was the cursed? I have no idea though why the wolves would have wanted to attack her in a situation when there were people whose deaths would have been more useful to them.

Or has Isabell been a wolf all the time? As the wolves have seemingly been suspecting each other, her continuous attack against Nerwen isn't an indicator of innocence. And her behaviour has changed recently because she is the last wolf alive? To me this sounds quite believable.

edit: xed with Kath
Old 01-06-2008, 09:57 AM   #540
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

Quote:
What surprises me more is that the wolf decided to kill Eomer instead of Saucie or morm, who both are quite proven innocents.
I would think it much of a muchness for the Wolf. Eomer had attracted very little suspicion all game, and the Wolf probably thought that there was as much chance of getting him lynched as there was either morm or I. Which puts both morm and I in danger toNight, assuming that (if Legate is not the one doing the killing) the Wolf decides again to leave him alive.

Quote:
I do have this horrible fear that all wolves/evil beings are actually dead and we're just lynching each other for the sport of our dear mod. It seems unlikely, but then both he and Fea played in ATM where that exact thing happened so I can't help thinking it!
If that's the case, then there is little that we can do about it. I think it more likely, if all the Wolves are dead, that there remains one (or more) secret role who can win by surviving on their own.

Quote:
... which leaves me with Izzy, whom Sauce was very keen to lynch yesterDay. Can I ask why?
I thought that I had made that clear. I was content to lynch either The Might or Isabellkya, since I felt that I was least likely to get any read on them out of those left. Both had been quiet, which could be indicative of a last Wolf trying to lay low, but I thought The Might less likely to be a Wolf because his apparent refusal to share his thoughts was just drawing attention to him. Isabellkya was being more subtle about laying low, and my preference was therefore to lynch her. It still is.

And Aganzir's analysis doesn't make me feel any better about Izzie. I hadn't noticed the change in her behaviour on Day 4 as I thought that she had been quite quiet throughout. But she was more involved than I had remembered her being before Day 4.

Quote:
Or has Isabell been a wolf all the time? As the wolves have seemingly been suspecting each other, her continuous attack against Nerwen isn't an indicator of innocence. And her behaviour has changed recently because she is the last wolf alive? To me this sounds quite believable.
I still think that the last Wolf is the Cursed, because of the timing of Farael's dream of Rikae. But I agree. She looks bad either way.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:46 AM   #541
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
I'm of the opinion that the game will end when the final wolf is dead and accordingly I don't think that The Might was a wolf.
My personal reasoning comes from the other end: I don't think TM was a wolf, and it is probable that when we lynch the wolf, it will all end; however, that cannot be said for sure. But, at least technically it now does not have any value for us, the game simple keeps going on and we will see for ourselves when it ends. Of course, if the last person is not a wolf, it will be hard to lynch that person based on the behavior earlier in the game (at least towards the wolves).

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabellkya
Why Legate was not killed during the night is almost a bit worrying. Surely whoever is responsible for the nightly killings, would not want a 'proven innocent' to try and lead the rest of the village. Yet it could be just another tactic for the killer(s) to insure some kind of confusion and diversion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
First possibility: The remaining Wolf wanted to put some pressure on him by leaving a question mark over him. But, since we know from Farael’s last dream that Legate is not a Wolf, he is unlikely to attract votes (and therefore take potential votes away from the Wolf) if we assume that we are still hunting for a Wolf, so the motive here would presumably have been to maintain confusion in the village.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kath
Where's the harm in leaving a known innocent alive if he's not going to be followed anyway?
Yup, I find it most likely that given the rumours surrounding my person the remaining Wolf left me alive with the hope to create confusion, certainly I cannot make as much of my known innocence, and eventually it could be even that there was hope to get me for lynch. So, it looks explainable why I was not killed, and concerning why Eomer was killed, it seems that there is no more to gather than what was already said - either to bring confusion or to point to the two other male players who remained (apart from me) or to the three female players he mentioned - that means, to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Interesting that the narration didn't include the voice or fog. What to make of that?
I would not go that far into conclusions, could be Fea simply did not have enough time to put them in there or it just did not go well with the rest of the narrative. They already spoke in the evening, so maybe that was considered to be enough for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kath
I do have this horrible fear that all wolves/evil beings are actually dead and we're just lynching each other for the sport of our dear mod.
Wait, and was that really just keeping lynching each other, last man standing, or was there some sinister figure behind that who was supposed to survive?
Old 01-06-2008, 12:00 PM   #542
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
(I've been having trouble keeping up with the Seer dreams, if anyone feels like providing a list I'd love them)
Sorry, missed this earlier. If I recall correctly, they went like this:

Night 1: Morm or me
Night 2: Morm or me
Night 3: Mac
Night 4: Rikae
Night 5: Legate

The Cursed was Wolverised on Night 4, if the explanation of that Night's events is to be believed. On that basis, Legate can be neither one of the original Wolves nor the Cursed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Wait, and was that really just keeping lynching each other, last man standing, or was there some sinister figure behind that who was supposed to survive?
Nope. Just innocents lynching each other ...

My vote toDay will probably be either for Kath or for Isabellkya. I would like to hear more from both of them.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:18 PM   #543
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Nope. Just innocents lynching each other ...
Well, it's rather "" than ": D"

Anyway, I must say my thinking of Aganzir is in a state of crisis. You know what they say? I don't know if that proverb exists in English, but it is "a repeated drop of rain can break even a stone". It indeed seems less and less probable that a wolf would act like she does. For example, leaving me alive. On the other hand, she was succesful in convincing the village not to trust me much - so maybe it did not play such a big role anymore? And if I could be lynched, the better. I am very reluctant to give up my suspicion against her - it does not seem that I would get much support. However, if I do not vote her then, my choices for voting are not that simple. Neither morm, nor Isabellkya, despite the points Aganzir raises against her, look suspicious enough to me. SpM is looking better and more reasonable lately, while Kath would be a 50-50 choice. And that's it (brr! Just six of us - now that is indeed scary). So actually maybe not, Aganzir still seems to be the best option to me. I will think and look at other possibilities yet, but if I don't find anything better, then I'll probably stay with my vote against her.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:28 PM   #544
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Actually it was
Night 1 - Saucie
Night 2 - Boro

Morm is trusted because he was Valier's latest pick and didn't die with her. But of course we have no way to know if he really is a wolf and the hunter couldn't take him because an innocent had failed to contribute, or something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucie
The Cursed was Wolverised on Night 4, if the explanation of that Night's events is to be believed. On that basis, Legate can be neither one of the original Wolves nor the Cursed.
Well, I think the narration can point at Night 3 as well. And it would make so much more sense than Night 4.

I am probably going to vote Isabell today.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:49 PM   #545
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Well, it's rather "Roll Eyes" than "Big Grin"
Well, it was at the time. But with the benefit of hindsight. Perhaps we will look back on our current predicament with a smile, wherever we end up. But, for now, it is pretty dire.

Thanks for the clarification, Aganzir. I had forgotten that Farael had dreamed of Boro and that morm's status had been presumed from Valier's last hunt.

Well, neither Kath nor Izzie has spoken since I was last here, and I am not sure whether I can make it back before the deadline. I will try. But, for now ...

++ISABELLKYA
Old 01-06-2008, 01:56 PM   #546
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Valier, I think it is clear enough from comparing posts 270 to 361 that the cursed was 'wolverised' (thanks for the new word SpM ) on night 4. It seems most consistent just based on the narrative. The biggest question in my mind is was Rikae the cursed or somebody else? I'm thinking it was somebody else and not Rikae. The reason I say this is, if I remember correctly, Rikae had garnered quite a bit of suspicion up to that point so if that is the case it is a little less likely that they would have attacked Rikae. With that said, I still think there is a chance that the wolves were able to select their cursed, which would have been a twist indeed. Mac, could easily have thrown logic out the window and in the name of love chosen Rikae. The first is most probable and accordingly I will be looking for the cursed who was wolverised. Based on that I look for changes in behavior.

Agan has been a bit crazed throughout and I don't specifically remember a change but there are some causes of concern that have been brought up.

Kath is one that I don't know how to feel, she has seemed innocent throughout the first few days to me and I think that alone put her off my radar. For those who don't know Kath is a perrinial suspect of mine but I try to be objective and give her the benefit of the doubt. Well, to make a long story short, I've believed her innocent so I kind of stopped looking at her, plus with the low post count there hasn't been a lot to look at. I'm now wondering if she is the cursed. The one problem I have with that is I feel that I would know that and I would expect more effort from Kathwolf than I am seeing, but she is smart enough to realize that and double bluff that and show the minor amount of apathy she is showing.

Isabell is one that sadly I haven't analyzed yet but I hope to go and check and see if there is indeed a change in behavior like Agan spoke of.

Like I've said I'm not concerned about Legate or SpM at the moment. It is refreshing to see Legate be a bit more active and act the the inncocent, non-cobbler I had hopped to see but I'm not ready to trust him 100% but I do realize that he is not a wolf.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:18 PM   #547
mormegil
Maundering Mage

I just got done reading Isabellkya's posts and I must say that she was indeed helpful before Day 4. She seemed thoughtful and willing to help the village and contribute. She actually made quite a bit of progress on getting Nerwen lynched. But there is a significant decrease in her helpfulness the last two days. It is this type of change that I would expect to see from the cursed turned wolf.

++Isabellkya
Old 01-06-2008, 02:38 PM   #548
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya View Post
The tactics of the wolves during the night are pretty straight forward; they killed the Ranger so they could make a clean kill of the Seer toNight. I think the only thing which could be found strange is that the wolves' master of fog made the kill; rather than them.
This quote keeps bothering me. I don't know if this is of any help, I do this rather to sort out my own thoughts, but anyway.

No one died on Nights 3 and 4. One was a ranger protection, the other the cursed turning into a wolf. We don't know which.

Boro protected Mac on Night 3 and Farael on Night 4. It was not possible that Mac would have been the wolf pick, so it would make sense that the cursed was wolverised on Night 3.

If the cursed was turned on Night 3, the only option is that the wolves attacked Farael on Night 4 and found he was protected. Why on earth did they kill Boro the next night then? Were they afraid there might be some twist that allowed him to harm them or something? Or was Boro closer than Farael to catch the last wolf so that the wolves didn't care if he got one dream more? Or was Boro twisted in a way that allowed him to force the wolves to kill him?

If the cursed was turned on Night 4, the wolves couldn't know if Boro had really protected Farael. They had to take him out first, even if that meant Farael would get one dream more. What happened on Night 3 then? I have no idea.

What does Izzie's quote have to do with all this? She just seemed to be a little too knowledgeable about what the wolves have been thinking and doing.
It was expected here that the wolves would have gone after Farael who couldn't be protected that night (as everybody thought the wolves had tried to kill him the previous night), and now Isabell came telling that the wolves had to take Boro first. Because they couldn't know if Farael would be protected.

I don't really have the energy to speculate this more (and I doubt if it's even that useful), and I guess I'm being rather unclear anyway. Besides, I'm quite sure I forgot something.
Ah well,

++ Isabell
Old 01-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #549
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

I can promise you that my lack of posting isn't apathy morm, though I suppose I could have tried a little harder. Mostly I've just been having surprisingly full days (and an irritating net connection at times).

Now then, I must vote and go, and whilst I hate to add to such a bandwagon the fact that we've seen so little of Izzy toDay and my earlier suspicion of her means I must:

++IZZY
Old 01-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #550
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
What does Izzie's quote have to do with all this? She just seemed to be a little too knowledgeable about what the wolves have been thinking and doing.
It was expected here that the wolves would have gone after Farael who couldn't be protected that night (as everybody thought the wolves had tried to kill him the previous night), and now Isabell came telling that the wolves had to take Boro first. Because they couldn't know if Farael would be protected.
Well, not necessarily. Personally, when I read this, a long time ago, I considered it as statement of facts - if the wolves did not know whether Farael was protected or not, it was obvious for them that they had to kill Boro first. For a villager who did not know whether the wolves knew that Farael was protected, such a villager could assume that either the wolves knew or that they did not and it does not seem suspicious to me when someone sides with one of these opinions.

Anyway, I don't think I am going to dig anything more and don't know whether I will remain here till the DL itself, so I am voting now

++Aganzir

with the hope that here the root of all our trouble lies.

EDIT: x-ed with Kath
Old 01-06-2008, 03:28 PM   #551
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

++Aganzir

Quite interesting that yesterDay you were pretty trigger happy to see me lynched, yet today you actually deemed it it neccesary to 'analyze' my posts before you made your vote.

I would post more, but I literally cannot. Yes I know I have been pretty quite; but as one of my posts stated I was feeling ill. Two days ago we had wind storms which led to a power outage, we didn't get internet back until late last night. Since then, being only halway back it continually reconnects itself, so it takes a ridiculously long time to get to a page.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:39 PM   #552
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabellkya
The tactics of the wolves during the night are pretty straight forward; they killed the Ranger so they could make a clean kill of the Seer toNight. I think the only thing which could be found strange is that the wolves' master of fog made the kill; rather than them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
This quote keeps bothering me. I don't know if this is of any help, I do this rather to sort out my own thoughts, but anyway.

I don't really have the energy to speculate this more (and I doubt if it's even that useful), and I guess I'm being rather unclear anyway. Besides, I'm quite sure I forgot something.
Ah well,

++ Isabell
Going after a known gifted who may or may not be protected, is a bit risky. You can either get lucky and kill them, or you waste a kill. There is a much higher probability of killing the gifted's protector, leaving a clear path in killing the gifted; without wasting a kill. When you are a baddie, you don't have the luxury of wasting kills.

Anyone who has played many werewolf games would know this; it isn't special knowledge privy to only Wolves; yet I'm glad you pointed it out. Ignoring the obvious strategy is a bit on the denial side; almost as if you want to avoid it.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #553
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye Day 7 ends...

The Day was quiet. Everyone spoke, but not much. The residents were tentative, confused, and anxious.

What little speech there was gave Isabellkya the feeling that the lynch would be swinging in her direction, and she slowly edged her way out of the conversation.

As the sun set, Kath noticed someone was missing. "Where's Izzy?"

Legate, SPM, and morm looked around in surprise. No one had spotted her leaving. "All right, we need to go look for her," said Aganzir. "Perhaps if we split into two groups and-"

*splash*

The villagers all rushed off in the direction of the splash, stopping only when they reached the shore. Izzy was swimming desperately towards the fog.

"It won't let you out!" yelled Legate. "Why bother?!"

"There's no telling what the fog will do to you!" bellowed SPM.

Izzy stayed her stroke and paddled to face them, and began yelling. "I don't care! I just want it over with! What good am I anyway?! I don't know how to help! I don't know what is happening! I don't even know-"

And then, as if some leviathan had grabbed her legs, she was jerked beneath the surface of the lake.

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Kath- milliner

The Departed-
The Might, shepherd– went missing upon execution Day 6 (?)
Eomer of the Rohirrim, gravedigger- dug his own grave, yet was not in it Night 7 (?)
Isabellkya, hen- swallowed by lake on Day 7 (?)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 8. YOU MAY NOT POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 01-06-2008 at 05:16 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #554
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye

Dawn was, as usual, misty and dim. The villagers met in the center of the village and found that Legate was missing.

Out of curiosity they made their way to his hut and looked inside. There was blood everywhere, but no Legate- in entirety, anyway. There were bits and pieces of the unfortunate fiddler everywhere.

"Where's the rest of him?" asked Aganzir, as she picked her teeth with what appeared to be a splinter of human bone.

"Eaten, no doubt," answered Kath, who was licking her lips as she gazed at the scene.

"Ah, yes, fiddlers taste excellent," said mormegil. "Or so I've heard," he added quickly.

The Saucepan Man merely belched and rubbed his full stomach.

"Work together!" said the Voice. "Discover the culprit now, before it is too late!"

"Or don't!" shouted the fog. "It matters not!"

(This is the final day, folks. Have fun. )

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Kath- milliner

The Departed-
The Might, shepherd– went missing upon execution Day 6 (?)
Eomer of the Rohirrim, gravedigger- dug his own grave, yet was not in it Night 7 (?)
Isabellkya, hen- swallowed by lake on Day 7 (?)
Legate of Amon Lanc, lamp-maker/fiddler- eaten on Night 8 (?)

IT IS NOW DAY 8. YOU MAY POST.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #555
mormegil
Maundering Mage

It does seem obvious that we still have the last wolf based on the narrative. With the premise, I wonder why the phantom hasn't revealed the other roles. I'm still considering one of the remaining two females as the most likely wolf. Saucie has been far too consistent and thoughtful to be a wolf, plus the only chance for him to be one was if he was attacked on night 4 and while possible I don't think it as probable. If I had to pick this moment I would think Agan to be the last wolf. I've given it a lot of thought over the past 24 hours and my gut is telling me Agan. The thing I keep coming back to is that I feel Kath is innocent and I believe I can read her better than most, however I once said that of Mithalwen and was dead wrong so perhaps I'm over confident but I'm apt to trust my instincts on this.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:08 PM   #556
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

It seems our final baddie decided keeping Legate around wasn't worth their while. Perhaps they decided we simply weren't going to lynch him for them.

So, the final Day, and only once it's all over will we find out what has actually been happening with the deaths. Which means it's decision time on who here I think could even be a wolf. I am mildly amazed that for the whole game my suspicion of both Sauce and morm has been completely non-existant, it's just strange. And even though both have fooled me before they simply do not feel evil. Which leaves me with Aganzir.

Now, I have been voting through a method of deduction like that above recently and I would prefer not to really. So, I am going to bed now but I will return tomorrow having wandered through the whole thread and, hopeufully, having come to some better backed decisions.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #557
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Gosh! I’m quite excited. I rarely ever make it to the final Day, at least as an innocent.

Excited - but completely bamboozled. The way that this game has gone, any one of you could be the final Wolf, and I find myself rather clueless here at the end of all things. All three of you have played major roles in the death of one of the known Wolves. All three of you voted for The Might on Day 6 and for Isabellkya yesterDay. The voting record is little help, alas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mormegil
It does seem obvious that we still have the last wolf based on the narrative.
Well, if we went by the narrative, all four of us are Wolves! And I am not sure that I like the way that morm seems to begin each Day by insisting that the Cursed is still with us. For all we know, either The Might or Isabellyka could have been the last Wolf. Although I don’t think him a Wolf, it makes me wonder whether he has his own sinister agenda to pursue and is exhorting us to look for a Wolf who may well not exist in order to divert attenton from himself.

I also don’t like the way that he is so quick to jump to conclusions, and the same might be said of Kath too. ToDay is not a Day to rush into judgement, but one for careful consideration, not only of what has gone before, but also of what is said during the Day itself.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:28 PM   #558
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Quote:
Well, if we went by the narrative, all four of us are Wolves! And I am not sure that I like the way that morm seems to begin each Day by insisting that the Cursed is still with us. For all we know, either The Might or Isabellyka could have been the last Wolf.
Quite frankly in this game to avoid mass confusion in my brain I decided to go under certain assumptions after I've debated the issue sufficiently. So I try to clarify those assumptions for the day. Personally, I wouldn't be much for continuing to play if I didn't assume a wolf was still alive. I've talked at some length why I assume the cursed is the one still alive. The only chance of the cursed being dead is it being Rikae which is a possibility but I would say it is more probable that she was a wolf from the beginning.

Quote:
I also don’t like the way that he is so quick to jump to conclusions, and the same might be said of Kath too. ToDay is not a Day to rush into judgement, but one for careful consideration, not only of what has gone before, but also of what is said during the Day itself.
Agreed, and I wouldn't call what I have done, or Kath to be honest, as rushing to conclusions. I like to think that I've laid out my most likely scenario in my mind and I will continue to move forward with that in mind. Agan, is my priority today then Kath and then SpM. If time permits between family and work I will take a good look at all of you. Honestly though, I'm not sure how much time I can allot. Between SpM and Agan, there are a lot of posts...Kath's aren't that many though.
Old 01-08-2008, 12:41 AM   #559
mormegil
Maundering Mage

Here is the best effort I can give on Aganzir

Post 120 is her first post and talks about the seer and other possible roles that would be twisted. She begins to suspect Legate.

Post 126 it's interesting here because she points out the Nogrod/Mac thing and says that two bold wolves could pull this off and that they are possibly this bold. I'm not sure how this makes her look. If I assume that the cursed has been killed then this is very questionable if I assume, as I am assuming, that the cursed is the remaining wolf then this means nothing other than she spotted this wolf on wolf attack early on.

Post 131 she talks about a couple of trivial such as Zali and first day behavior but brings up Kath and oints out something about Kath saying 'She's not defending Mac' which stuck out to her and found it odd.

Post 159 has a post count and says of the remaining two she prefers Nogrod or Shasta

Post 162 she votes Nogrod and doesn't understand why people are suspicous of Nerwen. Notably she states that she is willing and ready to switch her vote to Shatsa.

Post 173 states who hasn't voted yet. Threatens Shasta to vote for him if he doesn't change his vote to Nogrod.

Post 216 She starts off by rejoicings that she has her first ever vote (odd) then she explains her vote and suggests that the wolves thought that Shasta was the seer and gave some explanation as to why this is the case.

Post 229 she talks a lot about the Mac/Nogrod thing again. If she is a wolf from the start then I see this as somebody who is trying to ride that wave to prove her innocence.

Post 248 states that she thinks Mac and Legate are guilty. Goes on to almost gloat over her the fact that she won't be lynched but Mac might be.

Post 253 she questions Isabell on her suspicions because Agan was on Isabell's suspect list.

Post 260 tells Isabell that she should look back to ost 216 to see her explanation for her reason for voting Nogrod.

Post 306 she is rather defensive and seems to get aggresive anytime somebody suspects her. She is also aggressive against Mac.

Up to this point she seems very aggressive and one tracked but innocent enough to me. I can see why she was gathering some suspicion at this point though. Being that Mac is guilty, yet it was unknown at this time her aggresiveness could be seen as rather odd but with the hindsight she looks quite good.

Post 310 she responds to Nerwen who is questioning her suspicions of Mac because he voted Nogrod. Realizes that she is on one track and that this is not a good thing.

Post 327 she gives her suspicions and thoughts of who is innocent. Most relevant are that she thinks Mac and Legate guilty, Nerwen and Rikae innocent

Post 329 goes after Mac again and votes for him.

Post 339 responds to Mac again. She seems avid to answer anything Mac says. She really is a laser beam on Mac.

Post 349 begs for somebody to switch their votes so she is saved and if she dies to please look at Legate and Mac closely.

Post 352 she retracts her vote and revotes for Mac. Proclaims her innocence.

This marks the end of day 3 and she is looking fairly innocent at this point and is going after Mac rather avidly, and that to me seems like somebody the wolves would think the seer. That fact alone makes me suspect her at this point. She never, in my opinion, made a great arguement about Mac but continued her single-minded pursuit of him. My guess is that the remaining wolves, Rikae and Mac thought her to be the seer and decided to kill her. Obviously she wasn't the seer which lends creedence to my theory. I hope to have time to review the remaining days but it is getting late. I will begin to get through what I can.

Post 411 she is the one that brings up the cursed being wolverised which could be perceived as either way of being a turned wolf making sure to point it out so as to help 'prove' her innocent or as a helpful innocent.

Post 413 tries to make an arguement that Rikae or Nerwen was likely the cursed turned wolf it seems to me to scream "it's not me!'

Post 421 is a post I don't fully understand as it is a bit of contextual post and I don't have the time to go back and review the whole posts she is talking about despite her quoting it.

Post 427 she decides that Rikae is a wolf. I think that a wolf Agan would be willing to go after her fellows but doesn't really go after either with the same gusto that she did the day before.

Post 429 votes Mac but again never established a viable arguement. Seems to have backed down on her attack of Mac. Agan seems to be the type that would have gloated over being shown that Mac was a wolf, yet she didn't do anything like that. She really did calm down her suspicion of Mac.

Post 457 she begins her suspicion of Isabell and renews her Legate suspicion.

Post 462 and 463 she brings up her attack on Legate. I only skimmed this due to time.

Post 480 she responds to my question about why she posted her suspicions of Legate so quickly. Stated that she had to do so quickly because she may not be back later, which I understand (this is 5 hours from the last post). It should be mentioned though I'm not sure it will help us but Rikae did vote for her on this day.

Post 509 states that she still thinks we should suspect and lynch Legate as he could be an evil twist. It's so obviously guilty looking that it makes one look innocent, yet she votes for Isabell. Agan is experienced enough to know that this overtly guilty looking behavior can work to help show you innocent because the though would be that no wolf would be so overt.

Post 517 switches her vote from Isabell to The Might. States that she is a stubborn innocent. She is still insistent upon Legate being a cobbler. I can understand this honestly as I think he could have been one too but I don't understand why she was so adamant about bringing him up continually.

Post 537 she says she's not surprised that Legate wasn't killed because a wolf would want to keep a possible cobbler. States she is still suspicious of Isabell.

Post 539 she has a long post, which I only skimmed, about her suspicions of Isabell. Thinks her mainly sensible but vascilates that she is a wolf and could be either and original or convert.

Post 544 states that she is likely going to vote for Isabell today.

Post 548 she goes over a little bit more about Isabell and votes for her.

Phew...I'm certain that I won't have time to get through Saucies posts...this took way too long. Around 2 hours. Anyway it seems that she does change her tone a bit on day 4. The fact that the wolves would have wanted to kill her on night 3 makes sense because she was so adamant about Mac. Her behavior did change and of the three she seems most suspcious. She was fortunate because she was moderately suspected before she was wolverised but the Mac and Rikae revelation from Farael she was able to slip under the radar and has been successful in hanging out on the fringes. Being helpful enough but not overly suspicious. I feel she is the final wolf. I will wait and see if I can look at Kath more closely but for now I need some sleep...5:30AM comes early.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:15 AM   #560
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Kath: unknown but innocent-looking.
morm: probably innocent at least until Day 2, after that the cursed was turned, innocent-looking anyway.
Saucie: innocent at least at the beginning, after that the cursed was turned, innocent-looking anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder if there are any wolves left. I know I am not a wolf and all of you just feel so darn innocent.

There's something from yesterday I want to answer despite the fact that the person who stated it is dead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabell
Quite interesting that yesterDay you were pretty trigger happy to see me lynched, yet today you actually deemed it it neccesary to 'analyze' my posts before you made your vote.
The Day before yesterDay I was abroad, sitting in a net cafe with just enough time to skim the thread and post.
I don't do an analysis as a reason for a vote I have already decided to cast- I want to know if I think someone is guilty even after I've concentrated on them properly.

Mormie's project then... Let's see if I can shed some light on it.
Quote:
Post 216 She starts off by rejoicings that she has her first ever vote (odd)
I was not rejoicing I got my first vote, I was rather gloating over not being voted ever earlier (despite being a wolf twice, as Mac kindy pointed out). So not odd but conceited.
Quote:
Post 306 she is rather defensive and seems to get aggresive anytime somebody suspects her.
As far as I recall I have always been aggressive when suspected, whether I'm a wolf or not.
Quote:
Post 427 she decides that Rikae is a wolf. I think that a wolf Agan would be willing to go after her fellows but doesn't really go after either with the same gusto that she did the day before.

Post 429 votes Mac but again never established a viable arguement. Seems to have backed down on her attack of Mac. Agan seems to be the type that would have gloated over being shown that Mac was a wolf, yet she didn't do anything like that. She really did calm down her suspicion of Mac.
Tell me why you think it would have been necessary to keep coming up with points against someone the seer has already revealed a wolf.

Quote:
Stated that she had to do so quickly because she may not be back later, which I understand (this is 5 hours from the last post).
12 am- I posted and went to sleep. 5 am- I woke up early enough to post again before leaving.

I hate to say this now because it will surely look like some kind of a revenge, but I started thinking about it already during last Night. Could it be possible that morm was the cursed? Boro's change on opinion on Day 3 was quite strange and the wolves noticed it (as can be seen of Nerwen's reaction). Morm had been quite after Nerwen anyway so it wouldn't have been that surprising if the wolves had decided to kill him.

Ok, time to go. I'll be back in some hours.