The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #441
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Nope, in case of a tie there's a coin flip. It's good because otherwise yesterday would almost have been a catastrophe, but it's bad in a situation like this.
Which makes me wonder again about Kath. Her question about the conditions of a tie notwithstanding, it was her vote that sealed TEW's fate yesterDay.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:59 PM   #442
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

++SHASTA

Hope he's telling the truth about Sally. Would love to think the wolves are silly enough to try a coded message right when we're all looking for one.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #443
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I should also mention the end of yesterDay. I cross posted with everything from the post that contained the list of potential lynch candidates that is within my vote post. I had no idea it was a tie until I posted and realised I'd broken it.

EDIT: Ah, which I think answers Inzil.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:12 PM   #444
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
Hope he's telling the truth about Sally. Would love to think the wolves are silly enough to try a coded message right when we're all looking for one.
Well as I said I think the chances are fairly good he is - the wolves should have no reason to not reveal the BW. And me too, although I'd take everything Shasta says with a pinch of salt because he knows he's going down.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:30 PM   #445
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Does this explain why you attacked both the Barrow-Wight and Butterbur? (I mean, your psychic powers and all.)

Nope, in case of a tie there's a coin flip. It's good because otherwise yesterday would almost have been a catastrophe, but it's bad in a situation like this.
Have I hit an ordo yet? Answer - nooooo.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #446
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Okay, I'm going with a tentative "no" on the "reveal Bombadil" plan. Is this right, wolf brethren? Cobblercode for "yes, don't reveal" and Giftedcode for "no, do reveal".
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 11-02-2010, 01:55 PM   #447
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Back again. I haven't had time to re-read everything, but from the last few posts it appears that my heart of hearts has decided to confess. There, there, dearest, it feels so much better now, doesn't it?

Anyway–
++Shasta
Old 11-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #448
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
Back again. I haven't had time to re-read everything, but from the last few posts it appears that my heart of hearts has decided to confess. There, there, dearest, it feels so much better now, doesn't it?

Anyway–
++Shasta
OW! There's a gaping hole where my heart used to be, dumpling, where you ripped it out and stomped on it just now.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #449
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Ahhh, topping the post count list feels divine.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #450
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
OW! There's a gaping hole where my heart used to be, dumpling, where you ripped it out and stomped on it just now.
My sweet, what else could I do?

I'll miss you.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:04 PM   #451
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
My sweet, what else could I do?

I'll miss you.
You could have voted for Sally, a bigger baddie than I. But no.

I actually considered having you killed, my love, but out of the goodness of my heart, decided valorously against it! And this is my repayment?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #452
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
You could have voted for Sally, a bigger baddie than I. But no.

I actually considered having you killed, my love, but out of the goodness of my heart, decided valorously against it! And this is my repayment?
Oh my dearest, you're right: I could have voted Sally! I just didn't think of it. Can you forgive me?

Also, though, I'd have needed a little more time to consider how likely it is that you're telling the truth about her.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #453
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Oh my dearest, you're right: I could have voted Sally! I just didn't think of it. Can you forgive me?

Also, though, I'd have needed a little more time to consider how likely it is that you're telling the truth about her.
Why, true-hearted one, I find repulsive and repugnant the intimation that I would lie about anything!

Seriously, though. Sally's the Barrow-Wight.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:24 PM   #454
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Why, true-hearted one, I find repulsive and repugnant the intimation that I would lie about anything!

Seriously, though. Sally's the Barrow-Wight.
We-ell, the way she's been acting toDay, you'd be very silly to try and take her down with you if you didn't know her role, just in case her real name was Ferny. So I'm inclined to think you may be telling the truth. We'll see, my sun in splendour.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:29 PM   #455
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
We-ell, the way she's been acting toDay, you'd be very silly to try and take her down with you if you didn't know her role, just in case her real name was Ferny. So I'm inclined to think you may be telling the truth. We'll see, my sun in splendour.
A small but noted consolation, moon's pearlescent gleam.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #456
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Ugh, it goes on. Can't wait 'til Shasta dies. Can we make the lynch a particularly gruesome one?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #457
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Well, if he got us a wolf, I wouldn't exactly call him "useless".
Amen to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Can Tom be Night-killed before he does his thing? I thought only the BW could stop Tom by stunning him at the beginning of the Night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMod on Admin thread
Bombadil can be stunned by the B-W, and if he is, then Bombadil can not send in a name that night. Bombadil may be lynched or night-killed by the wolves and he may never reveal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil
Should that be emended to "you and Pitch" thought you could get me lynched? It's odd how he latched onto your "case" against me.
Hm, fair point. I've got to admit I was badly mistaken about Shasta (not for the first time). Whether I was as badly mistaken about you, remains to be seen... but for the moment, you look a lot better.

Sorry for being such a submarine toDay, had to take a bitch to the doctor and some household chores to do, promise to amend toMorrow.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #458
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
I haven't done one of these in a while...

A list!

Undeniably Good
Lottiepop

Deniably Good, But I Don't Deny It
Agan
Nerwen

Deniably Good, And I Might Deny It
Vanilwuffin
Greenie
Kath

Deniably Evil, And I Might Deny It
Zil
Formy

Deniably Evil, But I Don't Deny It
Eomer
Pitchie

Undeniably Evil
Shasta
Sallycake

So. TB can haz kill toNight? ^.^
Old 11-02-2010, 03:03 PM   #459
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Ugh, it goes on. Can't wait 'til Shasta dies. Can we make the lynch a particularly gruesome one?
No. How horrid of you to want to torment my little turtledove. Especially if you're on the same team, which wouldn't greatly surprise me, actually.

–Farewell, my dearest one! This village will be much emptier (and safer) without you!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #460
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
++ SHASTA

Because I'm very tired. And he says he's a wolf.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:26 PM   #461
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I probably shouldn't drink yerba mate at this hour if I'm planning to go to sleep early, but it's the only thing that keeps my brain going long enough for me to post...

A couple of things worth pointing out.

I don't understand why Form made such a fuss of Shasta mentioning us both in a post.

I'm feeling good about Lottie (not the least because EW called her OK), wilwa & Zil. However if I'm still alive tomorrow, I'm going to take a new look at the others I've been thinking innocent (namely Greenie & Pitch). I'm going to dare a guess there's at least one wolf among Eomer, Nerwen, Form and Kath (listed in order of suspiciousness).

There was something Eomer said before that caught my eye... Oh yes.
Quote:
Inclined to think that Wilwa is guilty.
I don't think her fight with Shasta looked staged.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM   #462
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Reading through Shasta's posts today, Aganzir, I've changed my mind about Wilwa. I think she's probably innocent.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #463
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Darn daylight savings!! Sorry!

++ Shasta
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:56 PM   #464
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Let's gather my thoughts, as of this moment.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Guilty: Shasta and Sally

Other two wolves, between: Greenie, Formendacil, Kath, Nerwen.

Leaning towards innocent: Inziladun, Loslote, Wilwa, Pitch.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:57 PM   #465
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Darn daylight savings!! Sorry!

++ Shasta
That was, what, four days ago? Get with the times.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #466
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

If you guys could lynch/kill Eomer, too, as a parting gift to me, that'd be just dandy.

Jerk.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #467
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Reading through Shasta's posts today, Aganzir, I've changed my mind about Wilwa. I think she's probably innocent.
Oh yeah that's true. I only remembered there was something I wanted to comment on.

Quote:
Let's gather my thoughts, as of this moment.
What about me?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #468
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Forgot about you. That's terrible.

Agan is innocent.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:00 PM   #469
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm not even going to comment on Shasta's lame attempt to frame me (oooo, I rhymed!) except to say that it is, of course, ludicrous.

ETA: Added link, now that my webs are sort of working again. Possible language warning on that link; I can't recall the whole scene exactly. :/

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 11-02-2010 at 04:15 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #470
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Last Post Of The Day Belongs To A Wolf Bwahahaha.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #471
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Deadline. Stop the chatter.

Seeing as he's confessed this will be far less climatic than usual, but Shasta is indeed a wolf. Fea will follow with one of her narrations.

Tis Night. Anyone with anything to do begin.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #472
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Love you, Shasticle!
Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM   #473
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Night 5

The wolves were feeling down from the loss of their fallen comrade. They wanted a messy blood-soaked evening tonight to make up for the day. Even with Ranger lynched, the Seer dealt with, and Butterbur's enchanted ale finally wearing off it seemed like the wolves still had an uphill climb to win. There was afterall Bombadil, and that nuisance of a Barrow-wight.

"I hope Bombadil listened to our dearly beloved Shasta yesterday." said one of the wolves.

"I can't believe we are seeking the help of that feather-capped buffoon." snarled the other wolf.

"Yes, but Bombadil is no trouble to us during the night, the Wight has been a pain and we need his help to get rid of that pain. Don't worry my tasty-looking darling, once he takes care of the Wight, his use is up and we'll feast on that yellow-booted ninny next. In the mean time, Inzil looks good to me. You?"

"Mmm I could go for some Inzil 'N chips right now indeed."

The wolves approached Inziladun's room and it was still a frosty chill in the air. It appears the Wight had chosen its victim and just left. When the wolves entered the room, their thoughts were confirmed. Inzil lay on the bed as limp as a deboned fish.

"Oh boo...that takes the fun out of it. He was such a feisty hyena during the day. I was looking forward to eating him." pouted one of the wolves.

"Think of it as a fridge." shrugged the other wolf. "He's kept nice and fresh for us, we can make this a messy all-night affair."

Meanwhile....

Hey Dol! Merry ole Bombadillo!
Where be that Wighty-o!?
Oh-hey-o found you have Bombadillo.

"No fair!" shrieked sally. "You would never have found me had that weasel Shasta-wolf not given me up!"

Makes no difference to Bombadillo!
Wighty back to your grave you go!

LIVING
Agan
Eomer
Formendacil
Greenie
Kath
Loslote
Nerwen
Pitchwife
Wilwa

DEAD
Boro (Mod) - knocked out stone-cold - Night 1
Fea (honorary co-mod) - nommed by wolfies - Night 1
Glirdan (cobbler) - Harry Goatleaf - Day 1
No death! - Night 2
Volo (innocent) - Ranger - Day 2
Nogrod (innocent) - Butterbur - Night 3
Elf-Warrior (innocent - Seer - Day 3
No death! - Night 4
Shasta (evil) - wolf - Day 4
Inzil (innocent) - ordo - Night 5
Sally (evil) - Barry Wight - Night 5

It's now Day 5. Commence talking on the eventful night.
In a village of 9: 2 wolves, Ferney, Bombadil, and 5 ordos remain

(I wanted it a bit longer and more epic for our departed Miss Wight, but about 15 minutes before DL my connection went out - must have been that nasty Wight anyway and I lost most the narration.)

Last edited by Boromir88; 11-03-2010 at 04:08 PM.
Boromir88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:13 PM   #474
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
No way I'm the first person to post.

Butbut...yay for SallyWight being deadful.

Butbutbut...one thing that jumped out at me from yesterDay was this:

Quote:
Hey, I have two friends who are more than willing to rip up people on my say so! Who do you think the Alpha was in the narrations?
which seems to indicate that the other two wolves are people who are more likely to let Shasta take the lead. Of course, he may be throwing us a bit of a red herring, but it's something to take into consideration, and would tend to implicate people like Formy, Eomer, and Pitchie as opposed to people like Agan and maybe Kath...chances are it doesn't mean much, though.
Old 11-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #475
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
No way I'm the first person to post.

Butbutbut...one thing that jumped out at me from yesterDay was this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
Hey, I have two friends who are more than willing to rip up people on my say so! Who do you think the Alpha was in the narrations?
which seems to indicate that the other two wolves are people who are more likely to let Shasta take the lead. Of course, he may be throwing us a bit of a red herring, but it's something to take into consideration, and would tend to implicate people like Formy, Eomer, and Pitchie as opposed to people like Agan and maybe Kath...chances are it doesn't mean much, though.
I wouldn't want to pay too much attention to what an exposed wolf says. True, he was telling the truth about Sally *blows Shasta a kiss* but then she wasn't one of his comrades. There's no way of telling whether that's a bluff, a double-bluff, or what. Probably not an accidental slip, anyway.

–So apparently the wolves think they know who Bombadil is. Or is that just a flight of fancy for narration purposes, plus bluffing on Shasta's part?
Old 11-04-2010, 04:10 AM   #476
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I had marked Inziladun down as innocent so the kill doesn't surprise me. Obviously, everyone should go analyse Shasta's posts to see his interaction with other villagers.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:15 AM   #477
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

Quote:
It could mean something, but Pitch and I both have plenty more posts than Kath, so not sure how you draw this conclusion.
Old 11-04-2010, 04:47 AM   #478
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Shield

I guess our remaining villains are Green, Formendacil and Kath; though only a fool would gladly give Nerwen the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #479
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Wow, our first dead ordo (on Night 5, how odd).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin
Actually the narration from Night 5 referred to all of the wolves as Alpha, and I don't think Shasta would give a hint like that anyway. He was asking them for permission to do something yesterDay (with his little code), if he was in charge he would have just done it instead of finding out if it was ok.

I have a really crazy day today with school and work, and my computer keeps acting up so I may not be able to come on at school if it happens again (and going on here on my iPod is annoying, so anything I do say will be very brief). This will likely be a very bad day for me to participate.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #480
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Seconded. Kudos to Tom!

Quote:
It could mean something, but Pitch and I both have plenty more posts than Kath, so not sure how you draw this conclusion.
Dear Eomer, what she means is that you and Pitch are totally not Alpha-worthy wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
Actually the narration from Night 5 referred to all of the wolves as Alpha, and I don't think Shasta would give a hint like that anyway. He was asking them for permission to do something yesterDay (with his little code), if he was in charge he would have just done it instead of finding out if it was ok.
Where did it refer to them as Alpha? The only thing I noticed about it was the lack of mention of Alpha... It's probably not a very important thing to pursue though, if there's an Alpha it's more likely some twist of Boro's than something the wolf pack has decided based on who form it.
I wonder why Shasta did not do as he threatened, though... The most likely scenario is that he just wanted to confuse us - at least I can't see any possible hints in anyone's interaction with him.

I'll go through Shasta's posts when I get home (I'm sitting on the tram, and although the public transport wireless works just fine, this is not the easiest place to type).