The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-31-2007, 01:00 PM   #441
Eomer of the Rohirrim
Auspicious Wraith

Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Eomer of the Rohirrim is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Shield

Calm down, Mormegil. The game won't be over if we make a mistake today. If we make a mistake we have ample time to sort it out, and we will gain much truth from it. If we get the decision right first time, then even better.

Overtly pushing my innocence? I hardly think so. I'm just appealing for a bit of composure. It's not armageddon yet.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:05 PM   #442
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
Well the thing that seems to make most sense to me is this:

++MAC

He isn't Gifted so although we lose an excellent player we don't lose Seer or Ranger. His death helps us understand the role of Farael, and what I don't want under any circumstances is to lose a possible Seer, which Farael is.

Now, half the world is coming to mine tonight so I doubt I'll be able to get back on. So, happy new year!
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:54 PM   #443
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
--Rikae

I guess we'll get to you tomorrow.

Morm if you trust me than you should trust me when I say Farael is the seer and you're making a mistake.

You warned me yesterday:
Quote:
As it stands I think you are a crazy innocent on a mission that will prove catastrophic if you continue to persue it because, like I said you are innocent, I believe, too so if you kill me it will increase the suspicion around you and only lead to your ultimate demise.
And now I'm going to give you that same warning. Instead of thinking what story is the only one that fits together and makes sense (that is I'm the ranger who successfully defended Farael yesterday, because the wolves thought they were going to kill the seer), you're thinking Farael is trying to drag out the gifteds.

What do you mean Farael had no motive to reveal at this time? He's got two wolves right for us to lynch, and as he rightly figured out he was attacked yesterday, the oppurtune time to reveal was now...today. I don't see anyone else saying Farael isn't the seer, do you?

Weren't you the one the last two days criticising me for not considering a Mac-Nogrod wolf-on-wolf plan? And now that we have Farael saying Mac is a wolf you suddenly are backing away?

I'm sorry Farael, maybe I shouldn't have done my job, maybe it would have been better to let you get killed.

With that said, I'm done focusing on Mac and Rikae. It's clear this is their wolfish plot to get us sidetracked. The cursed has been changed, there's still work to be done, so I'm going to do my job and try to figure out who it was.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #444
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
Morm if you trust me than you should trust me when I say Farael is the seer and you're making a mistake.
You seem to know something I don't and I do trust you more than any of the other three.

BAH! I can't stand this.

--Farael

++Mac
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 PM   #445
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eh, morm? Even if Boro was the ranger, he wouldn't *know* Farael was the seer. He wouldn't even know if Farael was attacked or not. You also are not the only one who doubted Farael's claim - I hope your strange behavior is remembered toMorrow.
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:36 PM   #446
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: In hospitals, call rooms and (rarely) my apartment.
Farael has just left Hobbiton.
I swear I am laughing at you all... I can't help it! Look at you, going around in circles trying to find "la quinta pata al gato" (that's a saying in Spanish that means a fifth paw to a cat... trying to find something that simply does not exist).

Look, it's very simple.

I suspected Boromir had protected me last night but I did not know it for certain. Since I know he's the ranger, I was on the look-out for any hints that I had been the one protected last night. If Boro chose to reveal, he could do it on his own terms... and I saw no reason to talk much about SPM as it was fairly certain the cursed had been turned. For all I know, he's a wolf too.

Now hey, talk about what you want... hey, for all I care lynch me... you do realize that since Boro said he protected me last night I'm done for this night right?

But if you have an iota of sense left, think about this.

I am the Seer. I made a lot of noise early in the day to get Mac and Rikae to make a mistake. And they sure did! Rikae came out as a "ranger" and yet her claim makes absolutely no sense... there was no need for her to reveal her role so early if she truly was the ranger, as she had not been under much suspicion what so ever.

So are you going to tell me that Rikae is likely the Ranger? who panicked and spoke up when she shouldn't have? She's a far smarter player than that.

As for my playing last day, does ANYONE have ANY doubts I dreamt of Macalaure that night? I was gambling that Boromir would pick up on it and protect me, because I knew that Macalaure would. It was a gamble, but he had positioned himself so wisely beyond suspicion that I felt even if I only managed to reveal him a wolf, it was good enough an effort for this village.

So you choose, I'm dead either way... lynch me now and give the wolves a chance to kill someone they WANT to kill this night? prolly Boro... or lynch one of the wolves now, watch me die tonight as I can't be protected and have some control yourselves over what happens in the next couple days?

Also, you have to give me some credit for making people talk... my biggest fear was that the wolves would decide to cut their losses and accept bandwagons in consecutive days without a fight, which would leave no evidence to find the third wolf... look at it now! There's at least some talk that has been going on and questions will be raised tomorrow.

Now I have to vote and I don't know if I'll be back before the deadline

++Macalaure
Old 12-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #447
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikae View Post
Eh, morm? Even if Boro was the ranger, he wouldn't *know* Farael was the seer. He wouldn't even know if Farael was attacked or not. You also are not the only one who doubted Farael's claim - I hope your strange behavior is remembered toMorrow.
But he would know you are not the ranger, and since you claimed to be it that can only make you a wolf An ordo wuld have raised bloody self-righteous heck since she was an ordo... she wouldn't claim to be the Ranger for no good reason

Come on, you panicked and lost it... it happens.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #448
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Ok so what we have is the knowns...

Farael
Rikae
Mac
Me

By knowns, I mean whom is lying and whom isn't will be shown in good time. For the time being I don't think there is a cobbler in this village. I think it was just some story cooked up to try to cast doubt...but I can't be for certain. Anyway, by the end of today, which two are wolves will be known.

So that leaves...

Aganzir
Eomer
Isabell
Kath
Legate
Morm
Sauce
The Might

One of 'em being the last wolf. I said Val's last choice to kill was morm, morm didn't die, therefor at that time he was innocent. However, on that night the cursed was change, so like Farael of Sauce, I can't be for certain whether he was changed. However, based on his posts he looks like an innocent morm, and I'll 'bet the farm' that he is.

Sauce's objective view to this...although it be quite nerve-racking, makes him look innocent. With the wolves ability to PM however, I wouldn't put it past the wolves to be behind the scened discussing how they are going to handle the situation that has come up today. Though, for the time being, Sauce looks innocent.

I wonder though if Agan is right, in that Rikae was the cursed, and one of those on the list have been a wolf all this time...gah this is so frustrating to try to figure out. I have no clue about The Might or Isabell. No one else really looks all bad.

I guess the worst would be Agan...as it appears this particular group of wolves likes to stay close together and throw accusations all around eachother. On the other hand, Agan just comes off as innocent like Sauce and morm.

Or maybe, Legate, who's behavior today just seems off...it's not what I expect from Legate. He's playing off a confused, "I need to sleep on this." And while the ordinary innocents would be confused by this whole situation, I've noticed Sauce, morm, and Kath, have all been discussing it...and admittingly are talking themselves in circles. Nevertheless, they like I would expect from dutiful innocents, are going off what they know and trying to figure it out. Legate avoided the subject and has been subtetly defending the two claiming it would be way too bold for wolves to sacrifice half their team. (To that I will say you must have missed the village where Nogrod sacrificed both his wolf partners and tried to make it through on his own). Too bold? I believed so a couple days ago, but now...? I don't think so.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #449
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Quote:
Eh, morm? Even if Boro was the ranger, he wouldn't *know* Farael was the seer.
Phantom didn't call this game "with a twist" for no reason whatsoever.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:51 PM   #450
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, the votes of toDay this far:

Rikae -> Farael (Farael 1)
Macalaure -> Farael (Farael 2)
Boromir88 -> Rikae (Farael 2; Rikae 1)
Aganzir -> Mac (Farael 2; Mac 1; Rikae 1)
Eomer -> Mac (Mac 2; Farael 2; Rikae 1)
SpM -> Farael (Farael 3; Mac 2; Rikae 1)
The Might -> Mac (Mac 3; Farael 3; Rikae 1)
mormegil -> Farael (Farael 4; Mac 3; Rikae 1)
Kath -> Mac (Mac 4; Farael 4; Rikae 1)
Boromir88 -> -Rikae (Mac 4; Farael 4)
mormegil -> -Farael; +Mac (Mac 5; Farael 3)
Farael -> Mac (Mac 6; Farael 3)

Left to vote: myself, Isabellkya and Boro (plus if someone retracts)

I strongly doubt that Farael is going to be lynched unless someone retract or all of us vote Farael (which in the case of Boro is improbable). For this maybe my heart is lighter in this tangled situation, for my personal choice does not seem to matter that much (although who knows?), on the other hand, I strongly hope Farael indeed is the Seer as he claims and the village was not mislead. But whatever, I am going to at least try. We learn the truth whatever the matter, but I will better withstand my conscience if I vote Farael and am wrong than if I voted Mac and was wrong.

So:

++Farael

EDIT: x-ed with Boros
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:53 PM   #451
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Ok...here's my first triple post in history...

++Mac

I won't be back for the rest of the day...I hope all innocents will not let themselves get dooped by Rikae and Mac.

Rikae is a crafty wolf, who before I have seen escape almost certain lynching to get an innocent Lommy lynched and survive another day. She knew she was going to be as good as dead soon, but managed to survive as long as she could...don't let her do the same thing.

Edit:

And Legate just had to ruin my triple post
Old 12-31-2007, 02:55 PM   #452
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
It appears you two don't know how to quit when you're ahead - you might just talk Farael's neck right into a noose.
Go ahead, keep "explaining" yourselves.

X'd with Boro, Legate & Boro again. Yay!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:00 PM   #453
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Hm, if Mac is lynched and innocent I think Boro's post will give enough to analyse toMorrow... anyway, even if Mac is indeed a Wolf, I think it's quite early to talk the remaining (?) Wolf yet, I will wait first what toDay brings. Yet that has to wait till tomorrow (RL). Happy New Year to everyone, and a good start to the new year and my wish is that we find each other here also next year, on the Downs, happily even playing WW , on 31th December. Enjoy everything, whatever your timezone is.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:08 PM   #454
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Remember, everyone but morm still has a vote left. Take a good look at Boro and Farael's last posts - they are becoming overconfident and incriminating themselves. Boro is inventing twists and rules left and right as it suits him, and Farael tells me "an ordo wouldn't claim to be the ranger". Well, of course not - but a ranger found it worthwhile to speak up lest Farael force the seer to reveal or get him lynched, especially since I could clarify the events of the last two nights.
I've done what I can to help you, now please, use your common sense instead of behaving like sheep. If you listen to Farael today, yes, you will know he's evil tomorrow - but you will have given the wolves an advantage.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #455
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Back for a bit
Quote:
It appears you two don't know how to quit when you're ahead - you might just talk Farael's neck right into a noose.
Go ahead, keep "explaining" yourselves.
You forget that we are not ahead yet... there's still a wolf out and about and we won't last much longer. Hence why I'm trying to explain to everyone what I was trying to do and what information/reactions I gathered from it.

If I chose to reveal myself now, what good would it do if I took any information with me to the grave?

My suspicions right now (and keep in mind I've told you all I know for sure... this is just a suspicon) lean towards Legate

Legate has been posting a lot today, but saying next to nothing... I think he's positoning himself on purpose to look like a misguided ordo with his vote for me. He knows I'm unlikely to get lynched and he makes this excuse of "feeling better with himself if he's wrong about me than if he's wrong about Mac"

By the way, wouldn't you feel worse for lynching the Seer than for lynching an ordo?

One thing I can agree with Legate however is the following

Werewolving aside, may you all have a wonderful start to 2008!!
Old 12-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #456
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I find it easy to want to believe Farael in his claim as the seer, as doing such is a very risky and bold move. If a wolf and false claiming, then we undoubtedly know who to lynch toMorrow.

It is quite hard to really look at the tail end of the votes yesterDay, as they're all mingled together in times.

Quote:
Ranger- Each night the Ranger must select someone to protect from the Werewolves and pm the name to me. If he picks the same person that the Werewolves pick for their kill, that person survives the night. If he protects the Cursed, the Cursed cannot be turned that night. The Ranger cannot protect himself, and he cannot protect the same person two nights in a row.
Quote:
Though I am deeply confused because I did protect Mac on Night 3, hence my clue left in my first post. Anyway, yesterday I protected Farael and Night 2 I protected Farael.
Assuming Boro is telling the truth, and the thought that the Cursed Villager turning occured Night 3; then it is quite impossible for the Cursed Villager to be Mac. However it was easy to think that Mac had been going after a future ally, in terms of Nogrod; now it just confirms that we have very bold wolves in this Village.

Like many othes, I find my mind is going about in circular knots.. oh yay.

I'm not liking the seemingly increase in aggressiveness from both Farael and Boro; it could be that they are getting frustrated that people aren't believing them on their word.. but I don't know.

++Mac

At this point, I think it is the best choice to make. We need to lynch one of Farael, Boro, Rikae, and Mac so as to figure out truth from lies. I don't like sacrificing someone just to figure it out, but it must be done. With the other three being possible gifteds, it makes Mac an easier choice.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:56 PM   #457
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I'm feeling worse and worse about Legate. And Isabell's today's posts give me also quite a bad feeling... She seems to be a little too reluctant, if you know what I mean. A bit like a wolf who knows her pack will be dead soon.

Happy new year everybody.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:59 PM   #458
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael View Post
And since you are here, do tell me why you claimed to be the Ranger
Why, to get the real ranger to reveal himself, of course.

Some day they'll go down together;
They'll bury them side by side;
To few it'll be grief--
To the law a relief--
But it's death for Bonnie and Clyde.

~ Bonnie Parker "The Story of Bonnie and Clyde"

Happy New Year to everyone!
Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #459
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to the phantom
Eye

Hush now.

The day-ending post is on the way.

And Happy New Year!!

(The reason I couldn't be around much is because of a last minute endeavour to secure a lovely New Year's Eve date. And yes, I was successful, thank you very much. )
Old 12-31-2007, 04:32 PM   #460
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.the phantom is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Eye Day 4 ends...

Throughout the day there was no noise or movement from the fog. The voice from the outside was quiet as well. Both knew that a heavy blow would fall, and they waited.

The village does not fully understand what has happened these past two nights, thought the Voice, but it may work to my advantage.

The village does not comprehend the events of the most recent nights, thought the fog, but it could very well be my gain.

And as the two powers watched anxiously, the village debated. They chewed on logic and reason, and more often than not were forced to spit it out, for nothing seemed to make sense. Strange ideas were put forward, and conflicting stories were told, and as the madness continued everyone knew that this day would live forever in the Werewolf lorebooks.

At last the sun was low, and a decision was necessary. Macalaure, the jailkeeper, was judged the most likely to be guilty of lycanthropy. He was ordered to stay seated in his chair in the common room of the Inn, and everyone left to grab a weapon of some sort, one at a time, for they all feared a repeat of Nerwen's performance the day before.

"What, are you all going to rush me? Am I not entitled to a quick, clean death?" asked Mac, fearfully eying The Might's heavy shepherding staff and Kath's large sewing needle.

"I have a sword!" shouted Eomer excitedly. "I could cut your head off!"

"Yeesh... you don't have to be so excited about it," said Might while giving Eomer a sickened look.

"Hey, I'm a grave-digger," retorted Eomer. "I'm morbid."

Eomer walked to a place behind Mac and raised his sword to strike. Mac looked ready to spring up. But Rikae ran forward and came between the executioner and his victim. "No!" she cried, "Not my beloved! Let me do it, if it must be done! Let me do it in my own way!"

Rikae placed her head on Mac's chest and sobbed, while Mac reached out and ran his fingers through her hair. "I will see you again," he whispered to her, dripping tears onto her forehead. "I know," she answered.

From a pouch on her belt, she drew a small knife and cut Mac on his cheek. Mac winced, but did not cry out. Rikae rose, kissed Mac, and fled through the door.

"Should we follow?" asked Kath.

"Nay!" ordered Boromir. "Perhaps she is attempting to draw us away while he escapes."

"He won't escape," said Legate. "He's dead."

The villagers turned towards Mac, and indeed, he appeared to be dead. Eomer examined him. "Yes. He's gone. The knife must've been poisoned."

"But- he didn't change!" shouted SPM.

"Oh yes he did," returned Farael, who stepped forward and grabbed Mac by the hair. "I don't think these are normal," he said, pulling back the jailer's lips to reveal long sharp canines.

Living-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Boromir88- assistant to the apprentice to Rikae
Eomer of the Rohirrim- gravedigger
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

Dead-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- Day 2 Hunter victim (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- Day 3 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- Day 4 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)

IT IS NOW NIGHT 5. YOU MAY NOT POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 01-01-2008 at 02:55 AM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #461
the phantom
Beloved Shadow

Eye Night 5...

In the early morning hours, the Master of the fog communed with the Werewolves.

"There are still eight villagers left alive, and you are on the verge of being wiped out. You have failed me!"

"No, Lord!" growled the Werewolves. "We may yet have the victory!" said one.

"Silence!" boomed the voice from the mist. The Werewolves fell upon their faces in fear. "How can you say that you will win? You imbeciles have lost three of your fellows already!"

"But Master," objected one, "It wasn't our fault! The villagers have help. They have gifteds. But we fear to attack them. We know something isn't right with them. They have special powers, beyond that of normal gifteds."

"But if you wish to survive, attack them you must," said the fog.

"Help us, Master," begged the Werewolves.

For a time there was silence, and the Werewolves did not stir. At last, the fog made a quiet request. "The Ranger... you know who he is. Lure him here to this place."

"Come back, evil monsters!" yelled Boromir as he chased the Werewolves through the village. "You cannot escape!"

The paws of the Werewolves pounded the ground heavily as they fled in fear towards the land bridge. They had spent the past hour wandering the town in search of the Ranger- the very person they usually tried to avoid. At last they spotted him on the roof of a hut, no doubt guarding the occupant. The two creatures made a great deal of noise and rushed the house, and in answer the Ranger leapt down to do battle.

And then they ran.

The beasts skidded to a halt on the bridge just a few feet shy of the fog bank. The Ranger slowed to a walk and approached them carefully, his sword at the ready. "Now you will pay, foul demons!"

But a dark figure stepped out of the fog and spoke. "Your time in this village is ended."

"Nay!" protested the Ranger. "Not while there is work still to be done!"

"Indeed, there is still work to be done," returned the figure, "But not that requires your talents. You would but inhibit what is to be accomplished."

As he spoke, the vapors extended quickly on either side of the Ranger, hemming him in. The Werewolves slipped out through gaps the Master had left for them, and the gaps closed behind them. Soon, the Ranger was completely encircled.

The Werewolves watched gleefully from the outside as the ring closed, drawing the Ranger in towards the deceitful smokes.

There was a shout, and then all was still. In the quiet the Voice from the outside spoke to the fog.

"It is not right that you have interfered thus. Such things are not to be done in these villages. You have twisted the rules."

"You, of all beings, should not speak so on the matter of twisting," answered the fog.

The Residents-
Aganzir- hangwoman
Farael- conspiracy theorist
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
Legate of Amon Lanc- lamp-maker/fiddler
mormegil- woodsman/carpenter
Rikae- midwife/wise-woman
The Might- shephard
The Saucepan Man- traveling tinker

The Departed-
Nogrod, reticent lumberjack- Day 1 lynch victim (WEREWOLF)
Shastanis Althreduin, herbalist- Night 2 wolf slaughter (VILLAGER)
Valier, basket weaver- Day 2 lynch victim (HUNTER)
Azaelia of Willowbottom, apprentice to Rikae- slain by Hunter on Day 2 (VILLAGER)
Nerwen, miller- found out on Day 3 (WEREWOLF)
Macalaure, jailer- outed on Day 4 (WEREWOLF)
Boromir88, assistant to the apprentice to Rikae- taken by fog on Night 5 (RANGER)

IT IS NOW DAY 5. YOU MAY POST.

Last edited by the phantom; 01-01-2008 at 06:09 PM.
the phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:06 PM   #462
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
This may be my last chance to be online for two Days so I've prepared a nice little post. Yes, beforehand, because I thought I can sleep a little longer in the morning if I do that (but decided to post it in the evening instead of going to sleep early), and I was also quite certain the person this post is mostly about wasn't going to die during the Night.

What happened in the Night? It doesn't look like the wolves had tried to kill Boro, or was there some weird twist?

I guess we're going to lynch Rikae today, but there's another person I'm very worried about, and that is Legate. I have been repeating this quite many times by now, but he isn't being himself, and I hope he is remembered toMorrow even if I don't manage to make it here.

My guess is that Rikae was the cursed (it also makes the most sense that the wolves wanted to kill her on Night 3), and that means Legate has probably been a wolf all these days. Let's see how this looks like.

On Day 1, he said he didn't see anything strange about Nogrod and hoped to see more from him before judging him. He found Nerwen reasonable and suspected morm, who had expressed suspicion towards Nerwen.
Shasta was the one whom he disliked most. I find this interesting; if the wolves felt Shasta was a threat, surely they wanted to get him lynched (especially as innocents considered him suspicious as well) rather than kill him; that always leads to innocents speculating why he was killed.
He also attacked Boro who had been speaking against Nogrod a little.

Legate voted Nogrod only after he had started behaving extremely suspiciously. But Nog wasn't the only suspicious one there... Just look at Legate's posts after Nog's show! Desperately trying to find (bad) reasons to switch to Nog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Nog, now that was pretty strange what you said. --- Again, if you said it as a joke, whatever, but basing suspicion on it? What puzzles me is that you surely know to do better, Nog!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
--- Till recently, I did not have any reason to suspect Nogrod. Yet this? Nog, surely you don't want me to lynch you? I have two strong pros: what you did and also that I would save Nerwen by that. Unless I am mistaken the fate of todays vote is in my hands. Oh my, don't make me do it! Yet I consider Nerwen less suspicious than you. This is ridiculous.
From the beginning of Day 2, Legate defends Mac; surely his and Nog's little dispute wasn't a wolf-on-wolf, his accusations look genuine &c. Mac defends Legate as well, saying his vote was ordoish. To me it makes sense that they tried to make each other look innocent- too much had already been risked by wolf-on-wolf accusations.

Legate is also quick to agree with Mac. On Day 3, ie. the day I after I had voted Mac for the first time, how come Legate gets the feeling that I am a wolf. He also speculates what kind of tactics Agan-wolf might have had. While the tactics he presented are something I doubt I would ever use (and why should they be anything else? They're how he "interprets" the things I've done), the way he presents them should make it easy for others to believe I would have done something like that. But his main goal is to help Mac by getting people suspect me instead. In the same post he
he attacks Saucie, who had an argument with Mac earlier the same day.
By Day 3 it was quite obvious Nerwen would be suspected, so Legate decided to do what was best and start suspecting her, but just a little- not too much to contribute to her lynching but enough that no one could say he was protecting her.

And just look how Mac dismisses the possibility of Legate being a wolf!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac
If Legate's vote was a wolf-on-wolf vote, it was a rather clumsy one, I think. Too clumsy for Nogrod and Legate - they would have done it better or not at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate #363
I am saying this to pose a question, whether it could not be possible for the Ranger to somehow pass this information to us? I don't know if revealing himself would be a good move at this time, yet I wanted to bring this forward as an idea.
Ok, this is something I don't like. He's doing nothing but trying to get the Ranger reveal.

I'm very puzzled about why Rikae chose to put Legate on her protect list and thus either prove his innocence or prove he was the cursed. Could it be just because Legate had been the only one to agree with Rikae & Mac, or
was Rikae, knowing she would die soon, gambling and putting her fellow wolf there, hoping that we thought she wouldn't risk that? After seeing how bold our wolves are, I wouldn't put it past her.

Quote:
Or maybe, Legate, who's behavior today just seems off...it's not what I expect from Legate. He's playing off a confused, "I need to sleep on this." --- Legate avoided the subject and has been subtetly defending the two claiming it would be way too bold for wolves to sacrifice half their team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farael
Legate has been posting a lot today, but saying next to nothing... I think he's positoning himself on purpose to look like a misguided ordo with his vote for me.
I agree with Boro & Farael on these. Besides, I think Legate is usually more clever than what he has been playing here.

Quote:
Why are people trying to say there is a cobbler in this village as if it was a known certain fact? There is no cobbler role that our moderator has listed in the "rules" so why is it being pushed that a cobbler in this village is a known certainty?
I think I was the first one to mention the possibility of there being a cobbler... And I was speaking about Legate then, because I thought he was quite cobblerish. Would it be too bold for a Legwolf to pretend to be a cobbler and thus excuse his odd behaviour? Ok, I know that was far-fetched.

However, I very much doubt now that there would be a cobbler. Wouldn't it be too great an advantage to the baddies, as there are also four wolves and a cursed?

I don't think morm (or Saucie) was the cursed- it's so easy to believe it was Rikae- but I think this idea the little bird gave to Eomer is worth keeping in mind; that the werewolf Valier had chosen didn't die
because of an ordo's lack of participation, that is.

My opinion at the moment is quite much the following:

Innocent
Farael
Kath
Saucie
Eomer
morm

Guilty (I suggest lynching in this order)
Rikae
Legate
Might
Isabell

++ Rikae

Sorry if I don't make too much sense. I'm extremely tired, I must wake up in less than five hours and I'm trying not to panic while thinking what tomorrow will be like after this much sleep deprivation.
I'll try to pop in quickly in the morning but I'm not sure if can make myself wake up even ten minutes earlier because of that.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:23 PM   #463
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Something I forgot to mention...

And isn't it awfully convenient if some of the wolves suspect one another so much that certainly all of them can't be wolves while others are so clearly on one another's side that it's surely too obvious to be wolfish?

Good night and good luck.
Old 01-01-2008, 04:40 PM   #464
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Th
I guess we're going to lynch Rikae today, but there's another person I'm very worried about, and that is Legate. I have been repeating this quite many times by now, but he isn't being himself, and I hope he is remembered toMorrow even if I don't manage to make it here.

Sorry, I can tell you all that Legate is an ordo

Are you all gonna trust me now?
Old 01-01-2008, 05:01 PM   #465
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Quote:
Sorry, I can tell you all that Legate is an ordo

Are you all gonna trust me now?

I am glad that you dreamt of him, I was hoping that you would dream of him or The Might the most so as to help clear things up for me. While I'm glad that Legate is innocent I still find his behavior to be a bit odd and I think Agan and others brought up some good points against him. Agan suggested that he might be a cobbler and I'm inclined to look at him as such.

Anyway It's obvious Rikae will die today but I suggest that we don't make this a lost day so to speak. There is nothing to speak of for incriminating Rikae any further as she took care of that yesterday, though tracking her down may be the hard part. What I am suggesting is that it does appear that we still have two wolves and we should begin finding the final wolf. My top suspects are The Might, Agan, Isabell, and Eomer.

I've stated some reasons for The Might already so I won't repeat them now due to a lack of time. The others I haven't spoken about much as of yet but did make mention of Eomer yesterday and stated that I found his claim to be innocent as rather forced, but I would like a closer look at things later. Agan and Isabell are more of the feeling and the desire not to trust them. Plus, knowing that Legate is innocent makes me wonder why Agan came out so quickly with such a lengthy post today about him. It seems she is trying to get everybody on board quickly so as to divert all eyes from her.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #466
mormegil
Maundering Mage

++Rikae
--Rikae
++Rikae
Old 01-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #467
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Ok, a few thoughts

Last night's narration explains a lot. I thought that it was possible the wolves were divided somehow and I'd say it's quite likely that Rikae and Macalaure were "lovers"

That also means that Rikae cannot have been the cursed.

This is my last day here, the wolves killed Boromir so that he could not protect me tonight. Even if he claimed he protected me last night, they couldn't know whether he was bluffing or not.

Now, barring a sudden twist that I do not expect (methinks the "twist" was the lovers among the wolves) I will be killed this night.

All we know for sure right now is

Known innocents
Legate (Last night's dream)
Farael (so long, and thanks for all the fish)

Dreamed of, or hunted by Valier before the Cursed was turned
Saucepan Man
Mormegil

Completely Unknowns
Aganzir- hangwoman
Isabellkya- hen
Kath- milliner
The Might- shephard

Wolf
Rikae : (nananana.... nananana... HEY HEY HEY... good-bye)

A few thoughts on what should be done next.

Of course, Rikae dies today. There's no point in having her around any longer. Then it will be up to you all to find the remaning wolf.

If you think Nerwen was the cursed, then SPM and Mormegil are ordos and we have one of the "original" wolves among the unknowns.

That means that we should be looking for people who have been consistently wolfish from Day 1

If you think that we have found all the "original" wolves and only the turned-cursed is left, SPM and Morm are not in the clear and we have to look for people who may have changed their playing style slightly after the night the cursed was turned.

I'm not sure which scenario is the most likely.

On one hand, SPM has been rather clueless and it's surprising to see him alive for so long, he's usually an early kill.

However, it's quite possible that, due to SPM's cluelesness the wolves thought there were other, higher priority targets.

SPM will be my dream tonight, as Phantom said he'd let me know even if I am to be killed by the wolves... so I will know his role, but it's unlikely you will

Right now though I'm leaning towards [B}Aganzir[/B] being guilty, her attack on Legate seems weak (even if I DID dream of Legate her points are mostly circumstantial)

This quote really makes me wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
What happened in the Night? It doesn't look like the wolves had tried to kill Boro, or was there some weird twist?
Why talk about some far-fetched twist when it's obvious the wolves got rid of the Ranger so they could get to me without risking a ranger save if Boro had bluffed yesterDay about protecting me the night before?

Also, don't you all agree that Rikae and Macalaure are werewolf-lovers? That'd explain why Mac AND Rikae helped getting rid of Nogrod and Nerwen respectively. We are not dealing with some super-bold wolves... we are dealing with furry traitors of their own kin (doubly so, once for wolves, once for lovers)

So, unlike Morm who posted when I was still writing this post (I checked the thread before submitting to avoid a massive x-posting :P) I think that Aganzir's points are not all that strong.

KEEP IN MIND I DID NOT DREAM OF HER
Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM   #468
Isabellkya
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Isabellkya is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
++ Rikae

For obvious reasons. oohh that is pretty interesting, if Mac and Rikae as Wolf lovers had to ret rid of the rest of their team to grab a victory for themselves. That is twisty in deed.

The tactics of the wolves during the night are pretty straight forward; they killed the Ranger so they could make a clean kill of the Seer toNight. I think the only thing which could be found strange is that the wolves' master of fog made the kill; rather than them.

I'll be back later to post more, but my grandparents are coming over for dinner in roughly 1.5 hours and I've got to start cooking.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:18 PM   #469
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

You didn't really think TP would only add twists helpful to the villiage, did you?

You know, now that my apprentice, her assistant, and my competitor are gone, you are soon going to find yourself without a herbalist. How do you plan to medicate yourselves so you can sleep at night, knowing the wolves will eat you one by one?

I also don't know what you're going to do when your shoes wear out...

See you soon, Macalaure....

EDIT: I should say "you don't really think TP would", because, after all, you don't know the twist I speak of yet. You will soon enough, though!
Old 01-01-2008, 06:27 PM   #470
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Oh, yeah - I told you Legate was innocent, didn't I?
I would keep an eye on that Aganzir if I were you.

++Aganzir
Old 01-01-2008, 06:36 PM   #471
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

A bit of advice... it's pointless to read much into what Rikae says... everything could be a doubletripleoctuple bluff so might as well ignore her.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:56 PM   #472
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

Ahem! Beg pardon, Farael. Let me make amends.

++Rikae

I'm not sure how helpful it is, but here is yesterDay's voting record:

Rikae: ++Farael (Farael 1)
Mac: ++Farael (Farael 2)
Boro: ++Rikae (Farael 2, Rikae 1)
Aganzir: ++Mac (Farael 2, Rikae 1, Mac 1)
Eomer: ++Mac (Farael 2, Rikae 1, Mac 2)
SpM: ++Farael (Farael 3, Rikae 1, Mac 2)
The Might: ++Mac (Farael 3, Rikae 1, Mac 3)
Morm: ++Farael (Farael 4, Rikae 1, Mac 3)
Kath: ++Mac (Farael 4, Rikae 1, Mac 4)
Boro: --Rikae (Farael 4, Mac 4)
Morm: --Farael, ++Mac (Farael 3, Mac 5)
Farael: ++Mac (Farael 3, Mac 6)
Legate: ++Farael (Farael 4, Mac 6)
Boro: ++Mac (Farael 4, Mac 7)
Isabellkya: ++Mac (Farael 4, Mac 8)

So far, we have caught the following Wolves:

Nogrod
Nerwen
Mac
Rikae

We know (I think) that the Cursed was turned on Night 3.

Obviousy, Nogrod cannot have been the Cursed and neither can Mac, since Boro chose to protect him on Night 3. I don’t believe that Nerwen was the Cursed, since she acted pretty consistently (and was suspected pretty consistently for it) from the off. It is possible that Rikae too was a Wolf from the start, given Nog’s funny vote for her on Day 1. However, I also find it quite plausible that Rikae was the Cursed. Given her claimed ability to spot a Wolfish Mac, I can well imagine him choosing to hunt her.

This, I think, might be a good issue to discuss toDay as, depending on whether we have an original Wolf or an ex-Cursed left on our hands after toDay, our search will have a different focus. Farael makes the point well above.

My current thoughts are as follows:

Legate: Known innocent. Possible Cobbler, but doubtful I think.

Mormegil: If Morm is a Wolf, then he is the ex-Cursed. On Day 3, he made a strong case against, and voted for, Nerwen, which speaks in his favour. I don‘t like the way his votes went yesterDay, however. Perhaps his first instinct was to try to save his packmate, but he thought better of it when he saw the writing on the wall.

Aganzir: With Legate cleared, if there was a second Wolfish vote for Nogrod on Day 1, it must have been Aganzir’s. She then accused, and consistently voted for, Mac. Given all the Wolf-on-Wolf votes there have been, how likely is it that these were too? That said, her Day 2 vote for him was a pretty safe one for a ‘Wolf-on-Wolf’, she had little leeway on Day 3, and pretty much no option yesterDay. I am therefore not at all sure that her voting record clears her, and I don’t like the way that she came in toDay with such a strong case against Legate. I share others’ disquiet about her. Rikae’s vote for her could go either way, so I regard it as pretty meaningless.

Eomer: The way that he voted for Nerwen consistently until Day 3, the Day that she was lynched, might suggest that he was the Cursed one. Like morm, I don’t like the way that he was acting so nonchalantly yesterDay. It's conceivable that he is a Wolf.

Isabellkya: She consistently voted for Nerwen, a Wolf in danger throughout her career in this village, which speaks in her favour. However, she voted last for Mac yesterDay, at a time when his fate was pretty much sealed. It was a convenient time for the last Wolf to make sure that she was on the ‘right’ bandwaggon.

Kath: Like Isabellkya, she consistently voted for Nerwen and her vote for Mac yesterDay came at quite a pivotal moment. Of all the unknowns, I see her as the least Wolfish.

The Might: He is the only unknown never to have voted for a known Wolf before yesterDay, and I still don’t like those ‘throwaway’ votes for Eomer. However, his vote for Mac did come at a fairly pivotal time.

So, at present, I would rate Aganzir as the most suspicious and (Legate aside) Kath as the least. The others fall in between.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #473
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
A bit of advice... it's pointless to read much into what Rikae says... everything could be a doubletripleoctuple bluff so might as well ignore her.
The question is, am I the sort of man who would put the poison into my own cup, or my enemy's?

Nothing is meaningless, and I don't intend to lie from this point on.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."

Old 01-01-2008, 07:31 PM   #474
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saucepan Man View Post
Ahem! Beg pardon, Farael. Let me make amends.

++Rikae
You say that as though there was a choice. You know, your vote of yesterDay was quite wolfish indeed, SPaM...
Old 01-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #475
Farael
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Quote:
The question is, am I the sort of man who would put the poison into my own cup, or my enemy's?

Nothing is meaningless, and I don't intend to lie from this point on.

"Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose..."

You're a guy?

Now looking at yesterday's voting record, there are two things that come to my attention.

I had four votes, two by Mac and Rikae which don't tell us much. Then we have Legate with some EXTREMELY flawed logic... but proven an ordo

and SPM

Now, he votes for me at quite a pivotal time, as it put me in the lead. Perhaps he was hoping that some innocents would see the tally, notice that I'm in the lead and decide to vote for me?

He has an awful lot of explaining to do over that vote.

Conversely, The Might voted Mac to get a tie with me (which puts him on the lead as he was the "last one" to get there). If he was a wolf, why act so quick to kill one of their own? he could've stayed put and gauged the village's reaction to SPM's vote.

Of course, they can't both be wolves (simple math, there's only one unknown wolf left). If I had to choose one of the pair, I'd say SPM's vote looks AWFUL.

I don't think right now that SPM should be a top suspect this day, but looking at the voting record, his vote for me looks pretty bad.

Either way, i'll find out this night what SPM may be... it's a throwaway dream, but it's not like I'd be able to share it with y'all

Also, why does everyone keep on pushing the idea of a cobbler?

And before I forget

++SPM

Oh, yeah... right.

--SPM
++Rikae

Disclaimer: No, I am not leaving seer hints about SPM with that vote, just keeping and old vendetta alive
Old 01-01-2008, 07:44 PM   #476
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
However, I also find it quite plausible that Rikae was the Cursed. Given her claimed ability to spot a Wolfish Mac, I can well imagine him choosing to hunt her.
I truly can always spot a wolfish Mac, indeed I can, for I am very clever. Mac is very clever, too- cleverer than you know.

Farael, m'dear - surely you realise that when you are still alive tomorrow, the village will start to wonder...

Old 01-01-2008, 07:48 PM   #477
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
You're a guy?
Last I checked, no - but why twist the quote more than needed?
Quote:
Either way, i'll find out this night what SPM may be... it's a throwaway dream, but it's not like I'd be able to share it with y'all
If I were you, Farael, and you were the seer, I wouldn't do that. Take it from me - knowing something the villiage doesn't after you're dead is incredibly frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Farael[/B]]
Also, why does everyone keep on pushing the idea of a cobbler?
Because there is a cobbler. I can promise you that!
Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 PM   #478
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpM
He has an awful lot of explaining to do over that vote.
I have no explaining to do over that vote, as I explained it when I cast it. I voted for who seemed least credible to me at the time. I was wrong.

Give it up, Rikae. no one's going to be listening to you.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #479
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Quote:
I have no explaining to do over that vote, as I explained it when I cast it. I voted for who seemed least credible to me at the time. I was wrong.

Give it up, Rikae. no one's going to be listening to you.
Talking to the known baddie, are we, SPaM? Tsk tsk. That could get you in trouble, by and by.

And why should I stop? I'm having too much fun.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:45 PM   #480
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by morm
Plus, knowing that Legate is innocent makes me wonder why Agan came out so quickly with such a lengthy post today about him. It seems she is trying to get everybody on board quickly so as to divert all eyes from her.
Because I wasn't sure if I manage to post later and suspect Legate. That simple.

Quote:
Why talk about some far-fetched twist when it's obvious the wolves got rid of the Ranger so they could get to me without risking a ranger save if Boro had bluffed yesterDay about protecting me the night before?
I skimmed the narration and was puzzled by this
Quote:
"It is not right that you have interfered thus. Such things are not to be done in these villages. You have twisted the rules."

"You, of all beings, should not speak so on the matter of twisting," answered the fog.
Farael, if you dream of a player with a twist, will you know it? I just can't believe Legate is an ordo.