The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM   #401
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
that is contradictery there, if we lynch the cobbler, we still lower our chances of capturing the wolf...
You seem to have forgotten that there are two Wolves left.
There are seven of us. If we lynch an ordo toDay, toMorrow there are only five left. And two of them would be Wolves and one the Cobbler. Ordos have pretty nice chances to win, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
i must say that if we all agree SPM is the cobbler, then push him aside and focus on the wolf, we win if the wolf is dead, we needn't worry about the cobbler
That's not true, and to me it seems that you're trying to mislead us. I don't agree he's the Cobbler. Not without better evidence than what Volo gave us, because Volo's piece of evidence might as well point to the Cobbler as to a Wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
now my question to you Aganzir, why are you so strong on getting rid of the cobbler if we know who he is? you surely must know that if we waste todays lynch on the cobbler then that gives the wolf another day to strike.
Like I said, we have no way to prove that Spm really is the Cobbler unless we lynch him. We may assume so, but it's not a fact. Acting cobbler is the only thing he can do now, after Volo revealed what was written about him. He's avoiding lynching, and even you Gil should agree in this.
And you should have no reason to worry about this, because it will be me, not you, who shall be slaughtered next Night.

edit: xed with Ang
Old 05-22-2007, 01:13 PM   #402
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
because i was really unsure of either of them, and to play it safe, double lynching helps us rather then take the chance of allowing another wolf to live and cause more mayhem, now only one wolf lives he/she will have trouble deciding who to kill because now he/she won't have any second opinion
Oh, I see. But you considered Mac suspicious enough to vote him on Day3.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:17 PM   #403
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to Kath
I was less confused Aganzir and more banging my head on the desk in despair. When I opened the thread to see both Volo and Mac claiming to be the Seer I felt my heart drop 'cause it was going to be yet another day of yoyoing between two people.

But anyway, as for suspicions. Gil is pretty high on my list after that little stunt he pulled yesterDay when he caused the double lynch.

Sauce is either the Cobbler or a wolf and if we manage to get a wolf toDay I think we need to go double-or-quits tomorrow and double lynch him and someone else.

Who that someone else is I'm not yet sure. I want to say Ang but that's just a spiteful reaction. Who is actually cleared? As far as I recall it's only Aganzir now right? And we know Sauce is guilty, which leaves:

Shasta
Ang
Kath
Gil
Di

I wonder if Shasta warrants a closer look. Haven't heard a great deal from him and with four wolves it wouldn't be strange to have another slip-under-the-radar one.

Ugh, I don't know. Gut says Ang or Di, especially since the later has an excellent cover with her unfortunate RL circumstances.
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:20 PM   #404
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Personally I would suggest double-lynching Sauce and one suspect if possible - at present I would advocate Kath. It would be frustrating to end today with only the relatively small fish of a Cobbler, (which I agree Sauce might be more than) and not to slay a third wolf.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #405
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

No double lynching, please.

If Sauce's the Cobbler and we lynched him & an ordo, we would lose. I think it's better not to take a risk.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #406
Gil-Galad
Psyche of Prince Immortal

Location: Above a Parapet Obvious exits are: North, South, and Dennis
Gil-Galad has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via MSN to Gil-Galad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguirel
Personally I would suggest double-lynching Sauce and one suspect if possible - at present I would advocate Kath. It would be frustrating to end today with only the relatively small fish of a Cobbler, (which I agree Sauce might be more than) and not to slay a third wolf.

this does not help you one bit Ang... a double lynching will only help the wolves unless we double lynch both wolves...

so, as far as i take it

innocent: Aganzir, Legate

Potential Cobbler: SPM

Everyone else:

Shasta
Ang
Kath
Gil
Di

shasta has been rather quiet through this whole game so i am less inclined to him... my main bet is Ang because this post is really just putting it out there... but then a thought came, if we lynch Ang and he turns out to be a cobbler, then perhaps SPM will be cornered as being one of the wolves...

so my suspicous list include:

Ang and SPM
Old 05-22-2007, 02:09 PM   #407
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil-Galad
but then a thought came, if we lynch Ang and he turns out to be a cobbler, then perhaps SPM will be cornered as being one of the wolves...
I would love to hear why we should take the risk of losing by lynching Ang, when Spm is a sure case. Why not lynch him now, and then concentrate on Ang or whoever the main suspect then is?

And Legate is unfortunately dead.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:39 PM   #408
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Spm is almost definately the cobbler, but if we absolutely have to look anywhere else, I suggest looking at Ang.

Haven't heard very much from Di; maybe I'll take a closer look at her.

Kath, oddly enough, seems innocent-ish to me... of course, I haven't played with her before, so I could be being misled.

Gil is by far the most suspicious to me at least, based on yesterday's end-of-day retraction to Volo, and some of today's posts.

Aganzir is definately innocent.

Since today has been designated for house-cleaning, I can't be on any longer today, although I'll be able to get on tomorrow to change my vote if need be, but I thought I'd go ahead and vote....

++Gil

I'll be on before the deadline tomorrow, and I'll retract and vote for Spm if everyone decides to get rid of the cobbler.

*picks up a featherduster and gets to work.... sigh*
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #409
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Sorry, but I just had to bring this up again. Just for my own fun, you know, I don't expect it helps us toDay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espiem after Boro's death
So, assuming that there were two Wolves among the Legate voters, then I consider one of Rune, Aganzir and Diamond to be a Wolf.
Legate voters were Shasta, Spm and Boro.
Spm meant to say Boro voters, but everyone has heard of Freudian slips.

I must say I don't like Shasta's vote. I think Gil's somewhat suspicious, but toDay it's of greatest importance to know who we are going to kill before being hasty.

It's a 1/3 chance of Gil being a Wolf or Ang being a Wolf or anyone else being a Wolf, but it's 50-50 chance that Spm is one.
Killing an ordo toDay leads to everybody's death, except the Wolves' and the Cobbler's.
Killing the Cobbler wins us more time. Killing a Wolf wins us more time.
I would rather see the Cobbler dead than witness the village losing because everybody thinks fitting to vote someone they suspect the most. It's time for cooperation.

If you indeed are an innocent, Shasta, I strongly recommend to retract and vote Spm! It's 2 Wolves + the Cobbler against four innocents, and if even one ordo votes another ordo, we're doomed.

It's annoying as well for me as for you to see me repeating the same things, but I can't help it. Our remaining Wolves are not stupid, and neither is our Cobbler. They will mislead you, given the chance.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #410
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Anguirel can be anything. If Sauce's not the Cobbler, I think it's possible that he is. He's done a lot of suspicious things, but then again he has got himself out of the situations pretty easily. I know I should watch out for him more, but it's difficult.

Diamond. Well, it was practically her vote that killed Boro, but Legate wouldn't have been any better lynchee. She voted Mac two times.
I'm slightly surprised how Spm could have persuaded her to doubt if it was Mac or Volo who was telling the truth.
Well, I guess she might be innocent, but don't count on that.

Gil suspected Mac already on Day3, and voted for him then. YesterDay he voted Mac at first, but switched to Volo a few minutes before the deadline. It's incredibly hard to believe that an innocent Gil would have done that. Well, I understand why you may have thought that double lynch was a good idea, but a few minutes before the deadline... I think he's been really suspicious toDay (remembering the number of the Wolves wrong, insisting without evidence that Spm is the Cobbler...), too, but it might just be his way and me being paranoid. I want anyway see Spm dead before him.

There's something wrong with Kath's posts, especially the ones she posted when Volo and Mac were arguing about the Seer thing. They just struck me as not genuine. Towards the end of that Day she calmed down and started again speaking like an innocent, but the former posts left a little uncomfortable feeling.
Anyway I'm more inclined to consider her innocent, but here I can be terribly wrong.

Shasta is quite suspicious. He has had some good points, but then on the other hand I don't always understand his reasoning. Now that we know about Rune I find it somewhat interesting that Shasta suspected him on basis of his "safe" vote for Mac on Day2 I think.
He has voted for Legate, Rune and Volo, all innocents, and now for Gil. On Day2 he voted early and without any good explanation because he didn't want to be mod-killed.
I don't know what I should make out from all this.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now, it's 1 AM.

++ THE SAUCEPAN MAN

I'll be back, before the deadline, but I don't intend to retract my vote.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:02 PM   #411
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Diamond18 is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Di, I guess you, too, should have known better than to be confused if the liar was Mac or Volo.

Those were not accusations but questions.
"should have known better" sounds like an accusation to me, not so much of wolvishness as of poor gameplay. I had some momentary doubt when reading over SpM's persuasive arguments -- he's devilishly good at that. But in the end I didn't change my mind, so I don't see why you're complaining. I've been doing my best to figure things out in my limited reading/pondering time and didn't want to just disregard SpM's (rather loud) arguments without at least considering it for a while.

Anyway, now I'm quite certain that SpM is either a wolf or a cobbler. And Gil is looking very wolfish at the moment with his insistence that we ignore SpM to the point of not considering that he be a wolf. Right now, if I had to, I'd bet that SpM and Gil are wolves. Actually, are we 100% certain that there is a cobbler in this game? I should probably know this but I'd appreciate it pointed out where the clue was, etc. If there is a cobble I'm suspecting either Ang or SpM of that role. I very much dislike Ang's suggestion of double lynching.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #412
Gil-Galad

well i want to vote Ang... but i don't want to split the vote too much so

++SPM

oh and aganzir,

Quote:
Gil suspected Mac already on Day3, and voted for him then. YesterDay he voted Mac at first, but switched to Volo a few minutes before the deadline. It's incredibly hard to believe that an innocent Gil would have done that. Well, I understand why you may have thought that double lynch was a good idea, but a few minutes before the deadline... I think he's been really suspicious toDay (remembering the number of the Wolves wrong, insisting without evidence that Spm is the Cobbler...), too, but it might just be his way and me being paranoid.
you obviously have not played enough werewolf games with me... read the old games and this will solve your statements

and shasta, i get this weird feeling your not to fond of me in these games... also thank you for talking up today
Old 05-22-2007, 06:00 PM   #413
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

The Saucepan Man has been trapped in the Barrow!
White-Hand

OK, I have little hope that anyone will believe me when I say this, given what has happened, but I am neither the Cobbler nor a Wolf. Merely an ordinary innocent who has so far got it utterly wrong, and spectacularly so. I was convinced that Legate was a Wolf and, when Volo came up with such seemingly damning evidence against me, having cleared Legate, I could see no other alternative than that they were both evil.

When I saw that Volo really was the Seer, I was mystified. But it is clear to me that Volo misinterpreted the passage that he received me, and I can see how.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo's dream
'But if you want to be introduced to our chief investigator, I can produce him.'
'Where is he?' said Frodo, looking round, as if he expected a masked and sinister figure to come out of a cupboard.
This is from A Conspiracy Unmasked and the conspirator referred to is not in fact a sinister figure at all, but Samwise Gamgee. The clues aren't necessarily going to be straightforward and, if you read it with that in mind, this passage shows me to be what I am - innocent.

So I looked at the passage that Volo received about Aganzir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volo's dream
“There was a little corner of his mind that was still his own, and light came through it.”
Remember, Volo initially interpreted the passage about Aganzir as signifying her to be a baddie. I think that he may have got it right first time round. The suggestion is that there is only a little corner of her mind that is still her own. This might signify that she is no longer, as she once was, fully human. And, together with her certainty yesterDay that Volo was the one telling the truth, a fact which only a Wolf could have known for sure, this makes me think that she may well be a Wolf who has found herself in the happy (for her) position of being considered a known innocent. I cannot be sure about this, though, as I am unfamiliar with the quote, and the context may be important.

Still, as I said, I have little hope that I will be believed, at least by enough to make a difference. And the Wolves will certainly be looking to capitalise on the consensus against me. However I must warn you that, if you lynch me toDay, the village is doomed.
Old 05-22-2007, 06:18 PM   #414
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Kath is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Wait, wait, wait. Isn't the Cobbler on our side? Not in terms of allegiance obviously but in terms of numbers? I was under the impression that the Cobbler counted as an innocent until the numbers of wolves and innocents were equal. If this is correct then surely we'd be better off focusing on finding a wolf than lynching Sauce. I mean, we can just ignore Sauce, but the wolves will still have an effect.

If that rule doesn't count for this game then by all means let's lynch him ... but shouldn't we perhaps find out first?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:41 PM   #415
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

There’s probably little point in me doing this, but I shall anyway, for tradition’s sake, if nothing else.

Day 4 votes:

Volo: ++Mac (Mac-1)
Mac: ++Volo (Mac-1, Volo-1)
Legate: ++Mac (Mac-2, Volo-1)
Aganzir: ++Mac (Mac-3, Volo-1)
Kath: ++Mac (Mac-4, Volo-1)
Anguirel: ++Kath (Mac-4, Volo-1, Kath-1)
Diamond: ++Mac (Mac-5, Volo-1, Kath-1)
SpM: ++Volo (Mac-5, Volo-2, Kath-1)
Gil: ++Mac (Mac-6, Volo-2, Kath-1)
Shasta: ++Volo (Mac-6, Volo-3, Kath-1)
Anguirel: --Kath, ++Volo (Mac-6, Volo-4)
Gil: --Mac, ++Volo (Mac-5, Volo-5)

I strongly suspect that, if they had the opportunity to do so, one of the Wolves will have voted for Mac, particularly if the Cobbler voted for Volo (although the Cobbler will not have known for sure which one was lying and which one was telling the truth). The other Wolf will almost certainly have voted for Volo.

Mac voters: Aganzir, Kath, Diamond

Based upon Volo’s dream about her, I believe that Aganzir may well be a Wolf. Knowing Mac to be a Wolf and Volo to be innocent, the obvious move (for one of the Wolves, at least) would have been to support Volo’s claim. Other than Legate, Aganzir was the only villager who appeared to have no doubt whatsoever that Volo was telling the truth.

Kath’s to-ing and fro-ing on the issue looks suspicious to me, as if she was making her mind up what the best move for a Wolfish (or Cobbleresque) Kath was. So, if I am wrong about Aganzir, Kath is probably the Wolf here. If not, she could be the Cobbler.

Diamond’s reaction to the situation looks entirely genuine to me.

Volo voters: SpM, Anguirel, Shasta, Gil

The likelihood is that there is at least one Wolf and quite possibly a Cobbler here.

Shasta’s vote looks reasonable to me, as it was by no means clear which claim was true (even with the benefit of hindsight) and Volo’s duplicity (albeit in a good cause) definately looked dodgy.

As a last minute switcher, Gil’s vote is more suspicious, but I cannot fault his conclusion that a double-lynch was in the village’s best interests, as I thought this to be the best outcome for anyone who was in doubt. Still, the last minute nature of it suggests to me that he may be the Cobbler.

As for Anguirel, I think it quite possible that he is the Wolf among the Volo voters. The reason that he gave for switching his vote was that Volo was behaving smugly. An outrageously capricious and unreasoned vote at such a critical time. Possibly, he hoped that everyone would conclude that a Wolf wouldn’t possibly make such an outrageous move. It is also worth noting that he did a similar thing on Day 3, when everyone else who was around had concluded (correctly) that Brinniel was most likely a Wolf.

So, if anyone cares, my thoughts are:

Probable Wolves
Aganzir
Anguirel

Possibly Wolf or Cobbler
Kath

Possible Cobbler
Gil

Most likely innocent
Shasta
Diamond
Old 05-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #416
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
If this is correct then surely we'd be better off focusing on finding a wolf than lynching Sauce. I mean, we can just ignore Sauce, but the wolves will still have an effect.

I am going to try to stay calm, but if the Day carries on like this I can see myself starting to fume.

If you are innocent, you would be better off trying to figure out who the Wolves are and who the actual Cobbler is, as I am trying to do.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #417
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Pipe

A few thoughts on earlier comments before I head off for some sleep.

Quote:
Kath, please forgive me if I say it's really hard to believe you would have believed Mac even much enough to be that confused.
Di, I guess you, too, should have known better than to be confused if the liar was Mac or Volo.
Aganzir, may I remind you that only you and Legate considered there to be no doubt about Volo’s claim - the two villagers who Volo’s dreams apparently cleared. That and the fact that Volo’s suspicions tallied with his own no doubt explain Legate’s position. As for you, if, as I suspect, you are a Wolf, it was clearly in your interests to support him.

If you are innocent, however, you should bear in mind that there was no way that any innocent (or at least any innocent not seemingly cleared by his dreams) could be certain which claim was true and which one was not.

Quote:
At least we won't lose if we lynch him now.
Well, you might not lose, but the village will.

Quote:
Today is a day when analysis will actually pay off.
So why is hardly anyone bothering to do any serious analysis?

Bye for now. I hope that I am not still in Coventry when I return.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:22 AM   #418
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Wait, wait, wait. Isn't the Cobbler on our side? Not in terms of allegiance obviously but in terms of numbers? I was under the impression that the Cobbler counted as an innocent until the numbers of wolves and innocents were equal.
In terms of numbers the Cobbler is on our side. Of course it would be better to find a Wolf toDay, but I'm afraid I'm no gambler. We have to kill either the Cobbler or a Wolf, and I think the best opinion is to kill Spm.
Would someone care to explain me why it is so certain that Spm is the Cobbler? I just don't understand why almost everybody seems to think it's obvious. He may as well be a wolf.

Now there are 7 of us alive. Let's think of a situation that we lynch an ordo. ToMorrow there would be 5 alive. Two Wolves, two ordos and the Cobbler. If the Cobbler is alive, the Wolves & the Cobbler together outnumber the ordos. They vote an ordo and win.

Diamond, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound offensive. Your behaviour just seemed strange to me, but now that I think it I guess all you who have played longer than I have seen a lot of games where the first one to claim to be the Seer is not one.

Gil, I definitely haven't played enough with you to know your style, so all I can do is to point out things I find suspicious, no matter were you always like that.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 AM   #419
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Diamond, there is certainly a non-wolf nasty somewhere. But it need not be Sauce. Before we lynched a wolf, five people were described in the narration as harbouring evil intentions.

Glad to have you back. I don't think you're a wolf. I was just flirting. In fact, I've modelled my entire approach this game since Day 2 on your typical style, semi-consciously...

I think it's interesting that Kath is stressing so emphatically that it would be dangerous to lynch Sauce if he is the cobbler. Is there any evidence in that riddle that he is cobbler not outright lupine baddy? No, there is not. I think she's trying to save her fellow-wolf. Both Sauce and Kath pooh-poohed my Brinniel case on Day 2. Sauce even attempted to use my success - the first time I've spotted a wolf correctly in ages, shame it had to be at the wrong time! - against me by "suspecting" a wolf-for-wolf vote.

Shasta seems to me the most likely other wolf.

There is a broad consensus building against me. I know that if Sauce was an innocent he would be defending me, knowing my habits as he does. I am capricious, and sometimes disastrous, to my own side. It's what I do. Then I come spectacularly good.

If Sauce, Shasta and Kath are not our remaining foes I will eat my bowtie and my nice waistcoat with its silver buttons. I shall present you with a proper anti-Kath tirade at a slightly later date.

If we must fight shy of lynching Sauce, I would like to take down Kath. Notice their identical, uncharacteristic styles early on - they concentrated all fire on a certain innocent suspect, Legate and Rune respectively. Known in the trade as the Farael-tactic, this technique usually implies guilt, unless it is being employed by Farael himself, in which case it sometimes does.

Those who suspect me, elucidate why, out of the admittedly abundant evidence against me, much of which I have deliberately constructed to avoid sharing my wife's fate, and I am happy to answer. But I don't want to monopolise proceedings today or tomorrow. I am not a mystery, I am a jester, a jester who could be of help if you took him seriously for once - could have been of help if you'd taken him seriously on Day 2.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:38 AM   #420
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

Then I suggest you find a bottle of something that will help that bowtie of yours go down easier Ang, for you will be eating it.

Oh yes, and I love that I'm being told off for actually having real suspicions.

I am not against lynching Sauce full stop. I am against lynching Sauce if we can find a better candidate because if he is the Cobbler he can be useful in keeping our numbers up. The reason I think it more likely he is the Cobbler is because Volo thought so, and that particular boy is a master at riddles.

Now, I must go and I don't know if I will be back at the deadline so to make sure this actually has any effect at all:

++ SAUCE

Feel free to lynch me along with him Ang, but you'll be kicking yourself afterwards.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:46 AM   #421
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Gah! This is so frustrating!

Quote:
Would someone care to explain me why it is so certain that Spm is the Cobbler? I just don't understand why almost everybody seems to think it's obvious. He may as well be a wolf.
Would someone care to explain to me exactly why you have made up your minds that I am either a Wolf or a Cobbler? So, I got it wrong about Volo and Legate. I was not the only one. As for Volo’s dream, well try a little lateral thinking.

Quote:
I think it's interesting that Kath is stressing so emphatically that it would be dangerous to lynch Sauce if he is the cobbler.
I suspect that she has fallen for the general feeling that I might be the Cobbler. She does look distinctly furry to me. Notice how, when challenged, she put in a vote for me, in an attempt to sidestep the building suspicion. She did exactly the same thing yesterDay, with her vote for Mac.

Quote:
Those who suspect me, elucidate why, out of the admittedly abundant evidence against me, much of which I have deliberately constructed to avoid sharing my wife's fate, and I am happy to answer.
So, you are claiming that you have deliberately acted suspiciously, thus endangering the village, so as to preserve your own life? That’s hardly innocent behaviour. It’s not really necessary to elucidate why you look suspicious, since you fully accept that you do. However, if I had to point to anything, apart from statements like this, I would note that your voting looks decidedly dodgy. Quite apart from your safe vote for Brinniel and your capricious vote yesterDay, you do, I think, hold the village record for retractions, and it seems to me that, save where they are prompted by revelations, Wolves (and the Cobbler) have the most to gain from making full use of the ability to switch votes.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:56 AM   #422
Gil-Galad

I must agree with SPM... i just don't like it... but Aganzir is a proven innocent, but he is just an innocent trying to lead the rest of us againest SPM... and if he proves innocent? then what?

i feel i must take the chance with SPM... i am really close with taking my vote of him off because if we all bandwagon on him, the wolves will probably join us and hide amongst us...
Old 05-23-2007, 07:13 AM   #423
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
... but Aganzir is a proven innocent
No she's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
... and if he proves innocent? then what?
Wolves (and Cobbler) win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil
... i am really close with taking my vote of him off because if we all bandwagon on him, the wolves will probably join us and hide amongst us...
I doubt that it will make much difference. The Wolves will vote for me for as long as they remain within the majority. If they manage to get me lynched, it makes little difference how obvious this makes them look when I am proven innocent since, with the Cobbler's help, victory will be theirs toMorrow. Their only hesitation might be if they actually think I could be the Cobbler.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:22 AM   #424
Gil-Galad

heres what we do, as i am certain most of us are following Aganzirs words about SPM, so if Spm proves to be an innocent, then we in turn go after Aganzir, who can try to defend himself but it will be hard seeing how he so adamantly brought SPM into the spotlight

"medium is the seer with a twist" i beleive thats what Rikae said... so how can we be certain that it wasn't a backwards seer working for the wolves?

if we lynch SPM, and the wolves kill Aganzir, who both turn out to be innocent, then we will be set back a bit, and it will be dangerous... i await the deadline with anxiety
Old 05-23-2007, 07:30 AM   #425
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Gil, you seem to have suddenly taken to listening to Sauce. This is a bad habit. I suppose you could be a wolf as well...groan

I will do some thinking and voting about two hours before the deadline. I do however think that Sauce's banter is clearly bunkum. It seems so implausible to me that he could be a Cobbler yet again that I am currently inclined to regard him as a wolf, after the necessary lateral thinking of course...

There is no way Aganzir could be guilty; surely Sauce's attempt to destabilise this fact shows him up?

I'm thinking about voting Shasta actually, but I fea that would get little support...
Old 05-23-2007, 07:42 AM   #426
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Gil, you seem to have suddenly taken to listening to Sauce.
And so have you by the look of it.

At least Gil's trying to think outside the box, unlike anyone else around here, which makes me think slightly better of him.

Quote:
There is no way Aganzir could be guilty
Why not? Volo thought that she was when he first received the dream about her. And, if she is, her actions are precisely those that a Wolf in her position would take.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:29 AM   #427
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Voting thus far:

Shasta ++Gil (Gil-1)
Aganzir ++Spm (Spm-1, Gil-1)
Gil ++Spm (Spm-2, Gil-1)
Kath ++Spm (Spm-3, Gil-1)

Yet to vote: Anguirel, Diamond, Sauce

I'm interested to see how many ordos vote another ordo. Of course we can't know who is ordo and who is not, but by the end of the Day we should know at least something. No one but Shasta has yet voted Gil, and if an ordo votes another ordo, the only reason for the wolves not to vote that very ordo immediately is the possibility of retractions.
If Shasta won't retract his vote and no one else votes Gil, this should prove you toMorrow that either Shasta or Gil is a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spm
And, if she is, her actions are precisely those that a Wolf in her position would take.
Just for curiosity, I'd like to know what a wolf in my position would exactly do. If you want to make others feel uncertain about me, you should at least explain better.
Old 05-23-2007, 09:50 AM   #428
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Boots

Quote:
Just for curiosity, I'd like to know what a wolf in my position would exactly do. If you want to make others feel uncertain about me, you should at least explain better.
Woah! Did someone speak to me ...?

Well, if anyone bothered listening to me, they would see that I explained that very point in my posts #415 and #417. Volo the Medium dreams of a Wolf and misinterprets that dream to conclude that the Wolf is innocent, as does everyone else. What else would the Wolf do but immediately and staunchly support the claim and continue to proceed on the basis of Volo's deductions?
Old 05-23-2007, 10:20 AM   #429
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Personally, I am of the opinion that the meaning of that riddle is fairly clear. I mean, it is the great redemptive line about Gollum in Tolkien. As for the "part of his mind which was still his own", as I see it this has to refer to the in-character role. And it doesn't sound conclusively wolfish. No part of a werewolf's mind is still his own, I say!

As a result

++SAUCE

I'm not as convinced as I was of Kath's guilt...that last post seemed fairly genuine. But I am fairly sure Sauce is a wolf not a cobbler. He acted early to quash suspicions of Brinniel, and systematically left her in the lurch, in a lupine manner.

I trust Diamond and distrust everyone else in varying degrees...probably Shasta most.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:40 AM   #430
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Morning everyone!

Apparently we're executing SPM after all.

--Gil, ++Spm

As to Ang's heretofore un-backed-up suspicions of me, I'd like to point out that, while I did vote Volo earlier, it was his retraction from Kath, along with Gil's from Mac that resulted in the loss of our Medium. I'm much in favor of Gil and Ang being the last wolves, but I don't have any support, apparently...
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 AM   #431
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

White-Hand

Aaaaargh! Three amongst you don't have the brains that you were born with.

It would have been nice to have had a fair hearing.

I see little hope now. The village is almost certainly doomed.

It might still be possible to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, though. Although he or she may have some idea, the Cobbler cannot be absolutely certain who the Wolves are. It's a long shot, but you may be able to use that to ensnare a Wolf toMorrow.

++Anguirel

Good luck!
Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM   #432
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Well, it seems as if my presence today is pretty much unecessary, as SpM is clearly in the lead (5 votes to Ang's 1).

+ + SPM
Old 05-23-2007, 11:57 AM   #433
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Eye All that is gold does not glitter

I have a feeling that Kath is innocent, but I may have understood everything I've read wrong. Her behaviour speaks against her sometimes, but there's still something in her that makes me consider her innocent.

At the moment I think that Anguirel is probably innocent.

I don't know what I should think of Diamond. She has managed to slip under my radar quite well.

Currently my main suspects are Gil and Shasta, but I think it's improbable (but not impossible!) that both were Wolves. I'm quite certain that at least one of them is a Wolf though.

I'm pretty sure they will come after me toNight, so I'm taking the risk. This is the last chance I'll have, and I hope I won't fail in it, because if I do, it will result in our loss (unless Sauce is a Wolf).

I choose this Night to hunt, and I will hunt Shastanis Althreduin.

(Don't believe there's still one Gifted role, my dear Wolves? Check the narrations properly. In my opinion this is just fair, as there were also four Wolves & the Cobbler.)

You can imagine me banging my head against the keyboard if it turns out that I've been wrong. But, well, maybe there's a little of a gambler in me, too.

I'm so sorry to post this this late (not only because it will certainly seem suspicious!), but I didn't notice how time had passed, and I'm not a very quick writer. I will answer every question toMorrow if I'm still alive.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #434
The Saucepan Man
Corpus Cacophonous

Good move, Aganzir.

My work here is done.

This film shall never be made. Long live comedy Dwarves, shield-surfing Elves and Green Goo Ghosties!

Good luck my suitably Hyaenine friends.

Ghoulash anyone?
Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 PM   #435
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
The Downers had come to a consensus. It was better to kill the cobbler, and prolong their misery for a day or two longer, then to risk certain death on the morrow.

When the final vote was cast, the six executioners looked around for their victim; but the caterer was missing. The downers didn't have to search far, though...Gil noticed the light on in SPaM's trailer.

The soon-to-be malnourished cast and crew gathered around the door with various highly authentic prop weapons; Shasta knocked softly, then louder. Kath shouted "Mellon"! When no response came, Anguirel kicked down the door....

...the cook's trailer was papered with movie posters.
"Bad Taste"
"Heavenly Creatures"
"Lord of the Rings"

On one wall he had pasted a large glossy photo of Mark Ordesky and used it for dart practice.

A long shelf along the back of the trailer held countless grubby, greasy Oscars.

And swinging in slow and graceful circles from the ceiling fan by a noose made of film was the man himself...without his saucepan hat, easily recognized as the nefarious, diabolical Peter Jackson.

He had pinned a note to his chest, detailing how he had spied on some of them by slipping tiny microphones into their succotash and listening in to their nightly activities.

He concluded by exhorting the wolves to stop the production at any cost.

Day5 is over...night6 has begun. Sweet dreams!
*rubs her hands together in wicked glee*

The Cast and Crew

Halls of Waiting:

Rikae (Mod) – CG Animator, Rendered and Lighted on Night1
The Sixth Wizard (Ordo) – Protester against Dwarven Comic Relief, Buried in Skulls on Day1
Mithalwen (Ordo) Galadriel– Illuminated...(Electrocuted) on Night2
Boromir88 (Ordo)- Sir Boromir, playing Denethor- Set a record for sprinting while on fire on Day2
Durelin (Ordo)- Special Effects Pyrotechnician-Burst over Bywater on Night3
Thinlómien (Ranger/Assassin)- Non-Winged Balrog-Took a little tumble on Night3
Brinniel (Wolf)-Wacky Foley Artist – Made a lot of noise on Day3
Xyzzy (Ordo)- Young Fanboy-Left breathless on Night4
Rune (Ranger/Spy)-Tolkien geek who is ecstatic about being an Elf extra - got out of character on Night4
Macalaure (Wolf)- The 7th orc in the 3rd row - Proved remarkably difficult to kill on Day4
Volo (Medium) - Gollum - Pushed, didn't fall on Day4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Ordo)- Sound Master/Saruman - Cut from the theatrical version on Night5
The Saucepan Man (Cobbler/Seer)- Set Catering Manager-Blacklisted on Day5

Walls of Hating:

Shastanis Althreduin - Legolas' stunt double
Anguirel- Celeborn
Kath - Make-up Artist
Gil-Galad - Zombie-Gil-Galad
Aganzir - Smeagol
Diamond18 - Lady in charge of Wigs and all other False Hairpieces
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 12:00 PM   #436
Rikae
Mellifluous Maia

Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Rikae is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Alone in the studio, in the wee hours of the morning, Aganzir crouched on a table. She was eathing a raw fish with great relish (sweet Heinz brand hamburger relish); and singing a little song, seemingly completely off her guard.
But just as the two demonic creatures sneaking up behind reached for her, she whirled on them with a snarl and leapt on the closest one, wrapping her hands around its neck.
The other managed to pull her off, but she twisted in it's paws, and scratched and bit like a mad thing.
Despite her valient efforts, though, Aganzir was not a hunter. And when the first wolf finally pinned her down on the ground, she looked in its eyes and suddenly understood - too late - what the phrase the ghostly Professor had sent the night before had meant. Then the beast's enormous jaws descended, and the second medium saw no more.

Night6 is over. Day6 is here. Let the desperation begin...er, intensify!

The Cast and Crew

Got off the train in Baltimore:

Rikae (Mod) – CG Animator, Rendered and Lighted on Night1
The Sixth Wizard (Ordo) – Protester against Dwarven Comic Relief, Buried in Skulls on Day1
Mithalwen (Ordo) Galadriel– Illuminated...(Electrocuted) on Night2
Boromir88 (Ordo)- Sir Boromir, playing Denethor- Set a record for sprinting while on fire on Day2
Durelin (Ordo)- Special Effects Pyrotechnician-Burst over Bywater on Night3
Thinlómien (Ranger/Assassin)- Non-Winged Balrog-Took a little tumble on Night3
Brinniel (Wolf)-Wacky Foley Artist – Made a lot of noise on Day3
Xyzzy (Ordo)- Young Fanboy-Left breathless on Night4
Rune (Ranger/Spy)-Tolkien geek who is ecstatic about being an Elf extra - got out of character on Night4
Macalaure (Wolf)- The 7th orc in the 3rd row - Proved remarkably difficult to kill on Day4
Volo (Medium) - Gollum - Pushed, didn't fall on Day4
Legate of Amon Lanc (Ordo)- Sound Master/Saruman - Cut from the theatrical version on Night5
The Saucepan Man (Cobbler/Seer)- Set Catering Manager-Blacklisted on Day5
Aganzir (Medium)- Smeagol - Nassssty wolves hurts us on Night6

Staying aboard, for now:

Shastanis Althreduin - Legolas' stunt double
Anguirel- Celeborn
Kath - Make-up Artist
Gil-Galad - Zombie-Gil-Galad
Diamond18 - Lady in charge of Wigs and all other False Hairpieces
Rikae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:33 PM   #437
Gil-Galad

oh wow, another medium... okay... so i am the first to psot too... hmm aganzir was right with his death last night...

(ha, Gollum and Smeagol were both mediums...)

after yesterday, i still would have perfered that we focused on a wolf rather then a cobbler but... if we lose an innocent today then wolves win...

suspicous A:
Shasta
Ang

suspicous B:
Kath
Diamond

i am following my 'trust know one' philosophy right now... but for lack of a better person to vote for, i will probably vote for... this is hard... right now it is between Ang and Kath

Edit: woops meant Ang not Shasta... too much school

Xed with Shasta

Last edited by Gil-Galad; 05-24-2007 at 04:36 PM.
Gil-Galad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #438
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Two mediums? Huh.

Evidently the wolves wanted a two-for-one kill; it's extremely lucky for me that Aganzir was bluffing about being a hunter, as I'd be so much dead meat right now. xD

I'm almost positive that Gil is a wolf, but I'll let others have their say before I vote.

Edit: Wow, x'ed with Gil. xD I think you beat me by, like, a millisecond.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #439
Diamond18
Eidolon of a Took

Wow. Slow day.

Okay, well that was interesting. So, if I recall what Volo said correctly, the medium gets riddles and it's up to them to figure out what it means. This narration seems to point to Agnazir interpreting the riddle incorrectly (And when the first wolf finally pinned her down on the ground, she looked in its eyes and suddenly understood - too late - what the phrase the ghostly Professor had sent the night before had meant.) This makes me inclined to believe that Shasta is innocent because apparently Agnazir believed him to be a wolf.

So that leaves Gil, Kath, and Ang. Of those three, I find Gil and Ang to be the most suspicious. I think there we have our last two wolves.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:50 PM   #440
Kath
Everlasting Whiteness

What the? Another medium? If I ever mod again I'm having just the simple roles and all of them will be clearly shown! I mean, this is great fun, but it's also madness!

Ah so. This really sucks but I am just not going to be here for this Day for numerous RL reasons. I apologise for this because it is seriously bad timing.

For this reason I must vote now.

++DIAMOND

She has slid under my radar from the beginning. I've barely even mentioned her. She says I look innocent when most others are thinking I look guilty. I don't know, this just seems like the right thing to do. I apologise that I have no time to base this on real reasoning, but this really is the only time I'm going to be on toDay unless I can sneak maybe an hour tomorrow afternoon.