The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2008, 11:11 AM   #361
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, sorry for the delay, I'm back, we just have a new (old) President. Well, I went through LG's posts. She spoke about her suspects probably the most in her post #331:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LG
My guess for the wolves? Rikae and probably Nerwen and someone. Though Sally is probably the most suspicious-looking of the rest, the combination just doesn't work. Sally would be playing a very bold game if she were a wolf with Rikae and Nerwen, after all her statements on a connection between them. I'm inclined to think the third one is someone who has slipped under everyone's (well, at least mine ) radar in all this discussion about Rikae. Possibly Shasta, or Noggie, or McCaber? I'll have a look at those three, as they are the ones I have least opinion of.
From these, she said McCaber might be a "stay-in-the-shadows" wolf, Shasta she mentioned as being baffled by his reasoning, but not particularly suspecting him, and Nog either playing a neat wolf or being innocent.

I am not sure whether to judge anything from it. It may be possible that there's a wolf among those she suspected, but it may as well be that she was killed to bring into spotlight those she suspected, or that she was killed simply because she was a rather quiet player and did not leave many concrete tracks. So yes, I think maybe a "safe kill" is one of the more plausible solutions... though of course, we cannot know. I would maybe like to hear other people's opinions on that.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:53 PM   #362
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Well....let's see here. Need to read further back, but one of the last things Greenie said was:

Quote:
I suspect Rikae and maybe Nerwen are wolves and of the third I have no idea. The third is most likely someone not really looked at, someone not especially quiet maybe but someone who isn't considered at all, or not much, in the late discussion.
She also says this, which Legate mentioned as well:

Quote:
My guess for the wolves? Rikae and probably Nerwen and someone. Though Sally is probably the most suspicious-looking of the rest, the combination just doesn't work. Sally would be playing a very bold game if she were a wolf with Rikae and Nerwen, after all her statements on a connection between them. I'm inclined to think the third one is someone who has slipped under everyone's (well, at least mine ) radar in all this discussion about Rikae. Possibly Shasta, or Noggie, or McCaber? I'll have a look at those three, as they are the ones I have least opinion of.
My theory is that one of the wolves is hiding away and being very stealthy, and they want it to stay that way. That and if Nerwen is a wolf (which I'm pretty sure she is) she needs to get rid of anyone who is A)pretty innocent looking and B)after her in an obvious way.

So let's follow the theory that Nerwen is a wolf, which I find pretty dern plausible. Her choices are Legate, Shasta, Me, Gwath, Greenie, Cabbie, and Noggie, and from that I would find Shasta, Noggie, and Greenie the most helpful to get rid of.

Gwath and I look suspicious enough that we need to be kept around, assuming of course that we're not wolfiekinses ourselves, and Cabbie and Legate the same but to a lesser extent.

Shasta's most likely been dreamt of, so I would think that the wolfsies would kill him, but since he's not said to make himself interesting he survived.

Noggie....well I don't know why she wouldn't kill Noggie, as he's been fairly active. Maybe they're fellows, although he doesn't seem furry. Could explain the death of Greenie though, as up until now Noggie's barely even been mentioned and then Greenie brings him up as a possible suspect. Might have been the kicker between her and Shasta.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 12:58 PM   #363
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
One moment. Allow Emily and I to do our double post dance. *does the dance while Emily quacks along to the music*

Okay, all done now. Just an FYI that I'll be gone for a bit, and then I'll try to (maybe) post some more before I go to work. I need to head down to visit the campus nurse and get some lunch since I didn't go to classes again today. *mumbles* If I don't post before then, it'll be about 8 hours before I return, but I'll be around. Happy posting!
Old 02-15-2008, 05:23 PM   #364
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

McCaber has been trapped in the Barrow!
Rather quiet in these parts, is it not?

To me, Nerwen and Sally look suspicious by themselves, but not as a group. I just don't believe that both wolves would be that visible. I'm leaning towards Nerwen on this Day, but only just.
McCaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #365
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Oh Gawd, not this again.

McCaber, if you are innocent, please consider that the "Nerwen is a wolf" thing came from Rikae (wolf) and now Sally– who surely ought to be the number one suspect for toDay, after the way she voted. (Not the voted itself, but the reasons she gave, as with the Shasta vote.)

Whereas your suspicion on me is based, I believe on the fact that Rikae and I went after each other heavily yesterDay, and you think it's staged. Do you not see that it doesn't make sense when there was no other candidate?

Remember, we can't afford to waste votes now.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #366
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

....I'm on lunch break right now, but I can't help noticing. Nerwen, you're all concerned about Shasta and my votes yesterday. Maybe because they were for you?

....You can't be serious. It's easier to find out the identity of our questionable suspect (and give us all lots of posts to analyze over the Night) and then see what we can glean from that. Pretty much everyone should have known Rikae was a wolf, so her lynch was too easy and would have really given us no additional information. As Greenie, rest her character, would have said, "I'm going to keep a tight eye on you."

Okay, I need to go, or I'll be late getting back to work. Post some more people! Seriously, I want some stuff to look at when I get back.
Old 02-15-2008, 06:30 PM   #367
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Sally, you cannot be serious. The village was in desperate straits last Night.

If we had lynched another ordo, today there would three wolves to four innocents. All it would take is one of them to fall for Rikae's "Voice of Saruman" act or her crocodile tears or whatever method she chose to employ.

We simply could not afford to pass up a near-certainty like Rikae.

Gwathagor has the excuse of being inexperienced. You haven't. I think you're a wolf.

Edit: fixed bolding.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:10 PM   #368
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Now, Shasta:

He casts the first vote of the day:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
What an uneventful birthday.

Anyway, I'm still leery of voting Rikae becacuse of her reaction to the votes against Mac yesterday. To me, they seemed like something an innocent would say. But the antics of Menel as Seer are hard to ignore.

I'm wondering if maybe we shouldn't take a look at some of those people saying less than usual... Lily, McCaber, Gwathagor, for example.

Having brought up Lily, I'd like it noted that something about the back-and-forth between her and Nerwen on Day 1 seemed.... I don't know, choreographed? I could be completely wrong here, but that's just my impression. I'm getting the smallest similar vibe from Nerwen and Rikae today. Again, could be completely way of base, but I think a Nerwen/Lily/Rikae trio has possibilities. Since I have to vote right now, for fear of modfire, and there are many others who believe Rikae to be guilty, I'm going to place another option up. A "just in case something turns up", but also someone I'm a bit suspicious of.

++Nerwen
Now, he doesn't look as terrible as Sally, because he expresses doubts as to Rikae's guilt (whereas Sally thinks Rikae has been "handed to us on a silver platter"– and then votes me!), but it's the same logic: "If Rikae is guilty, Nerwen might be guilty by association– let's vote Nerwen."

Huh?

This wouldn't have been so bad if the numbers had been on our side, but they weren't. We simply could not risk making throwaway votes.
Old 02-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #369
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I just cannot believe that both Sally and Shasta honestly reasoned as they did.

If only one of them's a wolf, I'd guess it's Sally.

Her vote, remember, wasn't even a throwaway– it was a most deliberate attempt to get someone other than the almost-known wolf lynched. After all, Rikae herself was sure to vote me... Gwathagor hadn't voted, but he had said he thought Rikae was innocent and I was guilty... look, one more vote needed to kill me and save Rikae!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:45 PM   #370
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Nerwen, I'd like to point out that my vote for you was just what I said it was, putting another option on the table just in case. I've been dead early recently, but I've followed the recent games, and I've seen people who were unhappy about lynching people, but voted them anyway because there wasn't enough time to get enough votes on someone else; i.e. another option. That's all.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:14 PM   #371
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Hi Shasta– and belated happy birthday (I was too caught up in things yesterDay– sorry).

Quote:
Nerwen, I'd like to point out that my vote for you was just what I said it was, putting another option on the table just in case. I've been dead early recently, but I've followed the recent games, and I've seen people who were unhappy about lynching people, but voted them anyway because there wasn't enough time to get enough votes on someone else; i.e. another option.
I know, Shasta, but yesterDay was not a good time to do that. The wolves were way ahead of us, and the overall numbers so small that every vote counted.

However... your explanation sounds pretty sincere (I'm assuming, then, that you haven't been paying much attention at all to the game?)

If you're telling the truth, then this is what I think happened:

The wolves were all set to sacrifice Rikae. Then Gwathagor (who merits further scrutiny) said he thought her innocent and me guilty, you, Shasta voted me, and Sallywolf saw a chance to rescue her comrade. (Note that she's using the same strange logic as you.)

Edit: And I just got made a Ghost Prince of Cardolan!
Old 02-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #372
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post

Gwathagor has the excuse of being inexperienced. You haven't. I think you're a wolf.
Now that's just not very nice. I still think you are only attacking me because I've found your furry little secret. Seriously, you've tried to put up a good cover, but it's not working. You and Rikae's exchanges, even your votes on each other yesterday, are a clever disguise but I can still see your fur despite your garments. If one of you is going down, she's going to try to be as distant from her fellows as possible. And you know it's true. So I counter, little one. I still hold that you are the wolf of us.

Come on people, use simple logic. Rikae was an obvious wolf. With her gone, yes, our numbers are better, and I understand that, so I was fine with either Rikae or Nerwen dying yesterday, because it would be so stinking simple to kill her toDay. She was an obvious wolf, and I assumed everyone saw that. So why not try a questionable wolf? Obviously, there was the risk of killing an ordo, but Nerwen's been looking pretty furry, so I thought it was worth the risk in this case, this one case. Rikae would have been easily killed today, at least in my opinion, as she was a blatantly obvious wolf. And I personally wanted to be able to see what could be made of Nerwen's reactions with others in the game. I believe it could help us find the other wolf, or wolves on the off-chance that she is not a wolf herself. Hence while my vote may seem stupid as Nerwen strongly implies, it was actually pretty well considered. And irrelevant now, as Rikae is dead (not that I'm complaining of course ) and we still have little else to go on. So I'm off to read posts and see what I can get....

People, where are you? Obviously it's late night/early morning for a lot of you, but I expected more people to post while I was gone. But it's mainly been Nerwen, with some shots of Shasta and Cabbie. I want to hear from the rest of you all before I vote. Please.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #373
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Oh, Sally, what big teeth you have...

Quote:
Originally Posted by satansaloser2005 View Post
Now that's just not very nice. I still think you are only attacking me because I've found your furry little secret. Seriously, you've tried to put up a good cover, but it's not working. You and Rikae's exchanges, even your votes on each other yesterday, are a clever disguise but I can still see your fur despite your garments. If one of you is going down, she's going to try to be as distant from her fellows as possible.
You see fur, Sally? It isn't mine. I think you must have brought a mirror into this barrow with you.

Quote:
Come on people, use simple logic. Rikae was an obvious wolf. With her gone, yes, our numbers are better, and I understand that, so I was fine with either Rikae or Nerwen dying yesterday, because it would be so stinking simple to kill her toDay. She was an obvious wolf, and I assumed everyone saw that. So why not try a questionable wolf? Obviously, there was the risk of killing an ordo, but Nerwen's been looking pretty furry, so I thought it was worth the risk in this case, this one case.
If that's your idea of simple logic, I'd hate to see what you think complicated is.

Allow me to quote myself:

Quote:
If we had lynched another ordo, today there would three wolves to four innocents. All it would take is one of them to fall for Rikae's "Voice of Saruman" act or her crocodile tears or whatever method she chose to employ.
If you were sure Rikae was a wolf, you had no excuse not to vote her. At that stage she was already talking people around– she could have done it toDay.

Furthermore, my alleged furriness is apparently based on the idea that Rikae and I were faking it throughout the game (no, not just yesterDay, Sally, even though you're implying that I only attacked her when she was alreadly headed for the gallows).

So what if we weren't?

If you were innocent you would be giving careful thought to this. Why aren't you?

For my part, I'm so afraid of lynching the wrong person that I'm questioning myself about you even now, wondering if there's some way you could be an ordo and still act like this.

Edit: fixed bolding.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:30 AM   #374
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Yes, I do have big teeth. The braces I wore in high school did nothing to help the size of my poor chompers.

Maybe I decided there should be a cobbler in this game. No, totally kidding. Just couldn't resist the joke.

Or maybe I'm just too smart for my own good. I still find you furry beyond furry, but I've got more than one fish to fry. I can't let myself forget that there's another wolfie hiding out there, and I need some sleep so I can find him or her.

So pretty much this post is just to say....I'm going to bed. I couldn't concentrate earlier so I got basically nothing done, but with any luck at all I'll be up early in the morning to see what you lovelies have come up with.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #375
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

This is just going back and forth in circles.

I still believe that at least one wolf can be found among Sally and Nerwen. Nerwen looks furrier by a small bit, but Sally is still my second choice.

Gwathagor looks rather bad right now, and Shasta to a lesser extent. Something about them just doesn't ring true.

Where is Nogrod? I expect some insights from him soon.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:39 AM   #376
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

Thank you for posting! (hug for Cabbie!) Sorry, I've been a little desperate today. Desperately bored that is. Maybe Cabbie'll give me something to chew on.

Oh, and about Shasta? I may be reading into it too much, but I still think Menel's sudden reduction in suspicion of him indicates a dream. Or am I semi-alone in this theory? If so, does anyone else have an explanation for it?

As for Gwath, I find him pretty furry as well, as I've mentioned. I still dislike the way he's suddenly become co-dependent upon Legate and others. Not that I should talk, as I've been of little to no use for most of the game, but it bothers me nonetheless.

Okay, I lied. I'll wait like ten more minutes for posts, because I think Cabbie'll come up with quite a nice one. THEN I'm going to bed. Curse my addiction to the game. :P
Old 02-16-2008, 12:51 AM   #377
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Sally, if you insist, I shall speak.

About Shasta: either he was the target of a dream, which I do not see much evidence for, or Menel simply did not see him as big a target as the wolf he knew. So I believe that we have to judge on the content of the posts. His explanation of the vote has already been analysed, and I just want to say I find it lacking.

Interestingly, Legate is one whom I have not looked at yet in depth. Bad form on my part. He has given me nothing to suspect outright, but is that in itself suspicious?

Gwath admits he looks suspicious, but is he just trying to divert attention by bringing it up himself? I do really want to hear more about his reasoning.

And I suggest either Nerwen or Sally for lynching. I am convinced that a wolf lies behind one of them.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:17 AM   #378
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

And while we're at it, somebody needs to have a good look at McCaber.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #379
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Quote:
As for Gwath, I find him pretty furry as well, as I've mentioned. I still dislike the way he's suddenly become co-dependent upon Legate and others. Not that I should talk, as I've been of little to no use for most of the game, but it bothers me nonetheless.
Co-dependent? I ask people questions so that I can size them up based on their answers. If anything, I should listen to other people MORE often. For example: if I had listened to Nogrod yesterDay (rather than sticking by my "own" suspicions), I wouldn't look like a huge n00b toDay. Blah.

Does anyone else have problems with me? If you are going to make a comment about how I have lost all my credibility and look very suspicious...then I agree.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:06 AM   #380
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Gwathagor is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via AIM to Gwathagor Send a message via MSN to Gwathagor Send a message via Skype™ to Gwathagor
Ok...well, because I just got back from a Flogging Molly concert, and am decidedly NOT going to be awake within the next 7 hours, I shall vote now. (No, I'm not drunk. But I did get Nathan Maxwell to sign my Guinness shirt.)

And I vote to execute.....

++Sally

Because at least ONE of the Nerwen voters from yesterDay has to be a wolf.

Last edited by Gwathagor; 02-16-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Gwathagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:08 AM   #381
Gwathagor
Shade with a Blade

NOOB ALERT: And remember, I don't have a clue what I'm talking about, so feel free to scorn my vote and treat it like rubbish.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:30 AM   #382
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, I said I'd look for alternative explanations to Sally being a wolf:

1. She's delirious.

2. She's bored and has decided to turn cobbler (I really did think of that even before she suggested it herself).

3. She's fallen in love with her own hunches and thinks she's infallible. (She may suspect me, but how can she really find me "furry beyond furry"?)

It's always hard to know what to think about Sally– she's just so damn weird. But apart from everything else, well, maybe I'm biased, but her posts toDay are making my hair stand on end.

Edit: X'd with Gwathagor.

Last edited by Nerwen; 02-16-2008 at 02:39 AM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #383
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Oh, and about Shasta? I may be reading into it too much, but I still think Menel's sudden reduction in suspicion of him indicates a dream. Or am I semi-alone in this theory? If so, does anyone else have an explanation for it?
I said already yesterDay that I think so. On the other hand, Nogrod proposed other theory, and it does not seem totally impossible either. Cf. also below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McCaber View Post
Gwath admits he looks suspicious, but is he just trying to divert attention by bringing it up himself? I do really want to hear more about his reasoning.
Well, yes - I must say Gwath's behavior can be called "overall pre-emptive", and lately I started to think whether he was not staging up things as they suit him and therefore avoid suspicion. However, my opinion earlier was that it's just his behavior and I don't want to come with groundbreaking new suspicions when the numbers are so low, as it was pointed out here, and I have stronger suspicions on other people.

Quote:
Sally, you cannot be serious. The village was in desperate straits last Night.

We simply could not afford to pass up a near-certainty like Rikae.
That's what I thought. Apparently, she was able to talk at least one person that Menel did not dream of her, and as you see, even this almost saved her. If Nerwen is innocent, then as she said, toDay could have easily been out last Day.

Quote:
Nerwen, I'd like to point out that my vote for you was just what I said it was, putting another option on the table just in case. I've been dead early recently, but I've followed the recent games, and I've seen people who were unhappy about lynching people, but voted them anyway because there wasn't enough time to get enough votes on someone else; i.e. another option. That's all.
Well, that sounds rather genuine. Combined with the thing that Menel might have dreamt of Shasta, I am inclined to look better at him.

Quote:
Come on people, use simple logic. Rikae was an obvious wolf. With her gone, yes, our numbers are better, and I understand that, so I was fine with either Rikae or Nerwen dying yesterday, because it would be so stinking simple to kill her toDay. She was an obvious wolf, and I assumed everyone saw that. So why not try a questionable wolf? Obviously, there was the risk of killing an ordo, but Nerwen's been looking pretty furry, so I thought it was worth the risk in this case, this one case. Rikae would have been easily killed today, at least in my opinion, as she was a blatantly obvious wolf. And I personally wanted to be able to see what could be made of Nerwen's reactions with others in the game. I believe it could help us find the other wolf, or wolves on the off-chance that she is not a wolf herself. Hence while my vote may seem stupid as Nerwen strongly implies, it was actually pretty well considered.
This, on the other hand, I still don't like and not even know whether I should believe it. I think it's more likely that Sally is simply the Wolf, for reasons stated above, and that yesterDay was an attempt to save a wolf proven by Seer's dream - and it even almost worked.

All right - well, a little quieter around here, but not that bad. I'll be around. As I said, I am most likely to vote Sally toDay, but plenty time still.

And btw, where is Nogrod?

edit: x-ed with some Gwaths and Nerwen
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Old 02-16-2008, 02:37 AM   #384
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
I'm nearly convinced that one of Nerwen and Sally is a wolf, and I believe the second wolf may be found in Gwath or McCaber. Unfortunately we can't be wrong twice, or we lose.

++ Nerwen to even the playing field; I do apologize for my seeming inattentiveness, but be sure I'm reading everything even if I'm not posting about it. Our show opens... *checks his watch* today, so I'm sort of stressed.

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys.
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 02:53 AM   #385
McCaber
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

All right, I really need sleep, so my vote will happen now.

++Nerwen

I've voiced my suspicions, and I believe she looks the worst right now.

(Gwath, nice move on seeing Flogging Molly. They rock.)
Old 02-16-2008, 04:00 AM   #386
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

I repeat what I said: someone look at McCaber. It had better not be me, because of possible bias.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:56 AM   #387
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

All right, I will do that. Seems no one's here around anyway.

McCaber
On Day 1, he almost did not appear and did not vote, which he apologized for the next Day. He said he suspected Sally on the first Day, but says he re-thinks his suspicion of her. He also repeatedly mentioned Mac and LG. From Day 2 on, he suspected Nerwen. His vote came too late, together with Mac's. I don't think there could have been anything orchestrated on it - the only possibility of some intention behind the vote would be he and Nerwen would be wolves together, which I really don't think they are (or if they were, then they are doing a very good job).
On Day 3, after Menel's death, he raised suspicion over those Menel spoke about, namely Rikae and Sally. Voted Rikae. ToDay, he continues suspecting Nerwen; says there is at least one Wolf among her or Sally.

Well, overall I don't actually see anything particularly suspicious on him. Of course, he could be a safe-playing wolf. But the way he voted Rikae yesterDay was very close, had he not done so, Nerwen would have been lynched - and he was the last before LG to vote. Given the fact that he suspected Nerwen all the time, it would be quite illogical, I think, for a Wolf to act as he did, as he could have saved Rikae in an unsuspicious way. Thus, I think him rather innocent. Or, there is this master plot of him and Nerwen - which I really don't believe in.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:22 AM   #388
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
An announcement from Nogrod!

Noggie-Woggie is on a cruise so he is probably not able to participate toDay. The ship is back in town at 3.20 PM our time, meaning 1.20 PM GMT, so he may be back before DL or maybe not.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #389
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

A voice from the tomb!

...Wait a moment. We're already in a tomb.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:48 AM   #390
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway. I have vague suspicions about... everyone, actually (I'll discuss these if there's time). But Sally is the one who stands out. Sure, there's always a chance that she's a deluded ordo, and that the real wolves are laughing their furry heads off– but I think it's a chance worth taking.

++Sally.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:24 AM   #391
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. I'm home... and have no idea about the situation. I try to scroll this Day through fast.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 08:41 AM   #392
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Sally 2
Nerwen 2

Three votes to go.

Right?

Of those two I would vote Sally because:
1. How Rikae avoided lynching her to "save" Mac in a tight spot.
2. How she tried to save Rikae with her "tactical-move" yesterDay.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:47 AM   #393
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Good ol' Nogrod is back!

Well, in any case, my vote is going to Sally toDay. And since I don't expect Sally to vote for herself, it's probably up to you, Nog. Well, I may as well vote now.

++Sally

So, let's hope we make it right.

edit: x-ed with Nog
Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 AM   #394
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

And I'm not sure where this all talk about Nerwen as a wolf has come from - if not from Rikae who clearly was after her. Yes they could fake it but it would have been pretty dangerous game and given what little evidence we have lynching Nerwen would be a lot more a shot in the dark than lynching Sally about whom we can actually say there are things that fit her being a wolf.

EDIT: x'd with Legate
Old 02-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #395
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Let's do it then.

++ Sally
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 AM   #396
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Gah, this was a maddeningly short Day indeed for me.

But if we get a wolf toDay things are looking good.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:00 AM   #397
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nogrod!

Very glad to see you back.

And this thing about me being a wolf– yes, it comes from Rikae– but the variation that's now popular is that Rikae and I "must have been" faking our attacks on each other. And guess who has been really pushing that one? Sally.

I think McCaber first came up with it, though. I don't know if it means they're in it together, or just that he happened to come up with it and she seized on it.

I still don't understand why so many people fell for it.

Okay, well, let's hope we were right. The fact that Sally's such a weirdo anyway gives me pause.

I don't know... maybe it all seems logical to her.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:08 AM   #398
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sally and her duck Emily had entered this game on a whim, really. They had thought it would be fun. Well, it had certainly been interesting, until today. Oh, things had started slowly enough. The apparent work of wolf slaying had exhausted everyone, and there were very few early risers. At first, the voices of suspicion were quiet, and a little groggy, but it quickly became a bit loud.

"Nerwen's a wolf!" a few shouted.

"No, I'm not! Sally is!" countered Nerwen.

"A thoroughly convincing argument, let's get her!"

"WHAT?" cried Sally, "That's impossible!" But the crowed did not listen. They advanced on poor Sally and Emily as the two backed into a corner. Gwathagor, too impatient to wait on a beating this time, decided to hurl his Battle Ax of Cold Northern Wind and neatly slice her. Before the Ax could strike, however, Emily bravely leaped in the path, and as we all know ducks are extremely dense, so the blade stopped embedded in her chest.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !" cried Sally, and ran to her poor duck's side. "Emily, oh Emily, why? WHY?" It was such a moving performance that everyone began to sob. Sally glared at everyone, picked up Emily and stalked out of the Barrow to the nearest Animal Hospital, which was surprisingly close. Since ducks are also extremely hardy, Emily made a full recovery. Sally did not leave her side, and so was gone from the game.

The Living:
Legate
Nogrod
McCaber
Gwathagor
Nerwen
Shasta

The Dead:
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help
Macalaure: Lynched old-fashion way
Meneltarmacil: Lost to the whims of the GM
Rikae: WOLF dead because of her cunning plan of world-domination (or at the very least, adventurer-snacking)
A Little Green: Dyed... the walls a lovely pink.
Sally: Left to nurse her heroic duck back to life.

The Tally
2 wolves

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:08 AM   #399
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

I know, I'm being a naughty posting after the deadline, but I'm dead, so oh well. :P

Just wanted to apologize for not showing up to vote or anything this morning. I forgot to turn on my alarm clock, so I just woke up. Silly narcoleptic Sally....

Best of luck to those of you left alive! Happy werewolfing!

~~Sally~~

p.s. you little nasties! how dare you attack a poor defenseless duck!

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 02-16-2008 at 10:10 AM. Reason: meh why not add a parting joke? ;)
Old 02-17-2008, 09:15 AM   #400
Roa_Aoife
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Roa_Aoife is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Long after the others had gone to bed, Nogrod sat awake in the darkness, thinking. He absentmindedly stroked the considerable whiskers that were already growing again. The events of the past few days were troubling to be sure, and though one wolf had been caught two others lived and would surely kill again this night. How the others slept was truly beyond him. Nogrod's thoughts were broken, however, when another sleeper stirred and sat up.

"Can't sleep?" queried the newly awoken player, and Nogrod nodded.

"Me neither," said a another voice.

The two stood, started to walk away, and then motioned Nogrod to follow.

Somehow, they came to be outside. The turned to Nogrod with very serious expressions.

"We have a deal for you, Nogrod. we want you to become one of us, and replace our sister, Rikae. What do you say?"

Nogrod thought for a moment. He was half-werewolf already- why not? He nodded. As he did, he felt himself change. His fully human half melted away, and a new third werewolf stood before them.

"Good," started one of the others,"Now we have enough to take the remaining villa-"

"Hold it right there!" cried a familiar but almost forgooten voice. They all turned to see Roa standing only a few feet away. Nogrod groaned rather audibly. "Ha!" the newly returned Roa cried, "You're a werewolf and I finally caught you at it, Nogrod! It's about time!" As she said this she brought forth a dead white staff. Nogrod recognized it instantly.

"Is that what I think it is?" he asked cautiously.

"Yup, it is. I am the Evil Wizard, and you are now one of MY wolves, so come along. We have another village to take over."

"Fine," Nogrod said, "But this time, let me live a bit longer, eh?"

"Alright, alright," Roa agreed, and the two were off.

The Living:
Legate
McCaber
Gwathagor
Nerwen
Shasta

The Dead:
Roa: Eaten by werewolves, or otherwise gone missing
Farael: Killed by a convenient plot-twist
Aganzir: Squished into non-existance inside a d2
Loomy: May not be dead, but she's sure too far from the game to be of much help
Macalaure: Lynched old-fashion way
Meneltarmacil: Lost to the whims of the GM
Rikae: WOLF dead because of her cunning plan of world-domination (or at the very least, adventurer-snacking)
A Little Green: Dyed... the walls a lovely pink.
Sally: Left to nurse her heroic duck back to life.
Nogrod: Turned full wolf and taken away by the Evil Wizard Roa.

The Tally
2 wolves

I didn't say you're evil, Roa, I said you're exasperating. -Nerwen

Last edited by Roa_Aoife; 02-17-2008 at 09:31 AM.
Roa_Aoife is offline   Reply With Quote