The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-13-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Eönwë
Flame Imperishable

Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Eönwë is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
When you play live Mafia, and you can't:

1. Call someone a wolf
2. Say someone looks furry
3. Say someone is "under the reindeer"

etc.

I kept on having to remind myself that I wasn't playing Werewolf on the 'Downs.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

1. Call someone a wolf

etc.

When I was at camp last week, Mafia was the afternoon activity (mostly because of me, and I'm not even being egotistical). I prefaced each game with, "Okay, guys, I'm probably going to use terms you don't understand, like wolves and seers, so when I do, just let me keep talking, 'cause I'll catch it and clarify eventually". They were surprisingly cool with it.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Oh no! Not Werewolf references in real life! D:
Old 07-14-2010, 11:53 PM   #4
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë View Post

1. Call someone a wolf

etc.

I know! I was playing Mafia, and it was driving me crazy, because WWinty was the only one who knew the least bit about analyzing! And, of course, we died on Night 1 and Day 1, respectively, as one of the 'wolves' had played with us before.

Also, new 'wolf' tactic - kill your own packmate overNight. Yeah, I didn't get it either.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, I just discovered something very interesting which is definitely a proof of strong BD influence. I found my notes from some university lecture from sometime in spring 2008. The particular note is scribbled on the edge of the paper, apparently I wanted to note something in haste and used a BD referrence to save time. The note goes like this:

Twin imagination (Coleridge) - follow. germ. idealism - already what enters us from the outside (aesthema) is also primary imagination (reputedly Leibniz/reputedly from Kabbalah/reputedly from Talmud-Kitanna's avvie).

I am unable to uncover anymore what exactly is the avvie part referring to; but apparently during that time it was something so obvious that I used it while writing the note to sum up something I would otherwise have to describe with many words
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:51 PM   #6
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
When stopped at a light, and on the back of the mobile home you see in big letters Shasta. I don't need to go in too much detail of the mixed emotions of first reaction: HEHEHE MUST TELL SHASTA NOW! Then "Oh, but he's not here..."
Old 08-19-2010, 03:54 PM   #7
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Maybe when you spend more time dreaming of Barrowdowners than you do dreaming of other people?

But that might not be addiction to the Barrowdowns so much as addiction to Barrowdowners.