The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-22-2010, 07:06 PM   #1041
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
*raises hand* May I make a suggestion? Let's blame the wolves if we lose...just sayin'.
Of course you may say it because it's true. Which is why I find it so insulting to be told that a village loss would be completely my fault...it's like saying I'm intentionally trying to sabotage the village.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #1042
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Location: Polishing the stars. Well, somebody has to do it; they're looking a little bit dull.
Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Brinniel is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
And sorry if I'm sounding a bit harsh, as I realise I might be. It's just that I'm in a foul mood as it is (just got back from being told how to pay back my $26,000+ in debt and am now working on an animation project which is extremely slow and tedious...fun huh? ), and while I'm usually better about filtering my frustration, it's just too hard to do while sitting in the middle of a public lab...people might start starting if I randomly start cursing at the computer. Though then again, it might not actually be that weird since it is after all a college campus that I'm in.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:16 PM   #1043
Loslote
The Werewolf's Companion

Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Loslote is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
If you are innocent, I'm sorry.

++Brinn

EDIT: xed with Brinn. *snuggles you*
Old 04-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #1044
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Yep, I expect apologies from ALL of you (except Lommy because she was nice didn't vote me) at least once in every post throughout the Day. You can start...now.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:22 PM   #1045
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

You guys really better get the wolf toMorrow because I'm feeling awfully pessimistic right now. Last time this happened to me, the village lost.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:27 PM   #1046
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

And btw Nerwen, if I were alive toMorrow and made the wrong lynch decision, I would've taken the blame, fair enough. But this will be the rest of your decisions, and I will have no influence on it whatsoever...so if you guys make the wrong one, it's on you.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #1047
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Send a message via Skype™ to Nerwen
Okay, Brinn, maybe I'm sounding a bit harsh, and if so I'm sorry. But I've had you and Agan pursuing me for Days, other people going along with it and simply ignoring the points against you as though they never happened– cf the Glirdan thing. I've been forced to lynch Morsul– whom I never strongly suspected– to save my own life, and I spent two Days so tied up with having to defend myself that I wasn't able to be any use wolf-spotting.

Okay?

EDIT:X'd with Lottie.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:28 PM   #1048
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Btw, only two minutes until you can start regretting toDay's lynch.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:30 PM   #1049
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Nerwen is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinniel View Post
Yep, I expect apologies from ALL of you (except Lommy because she was nice didn't vote me) at least once in every post throughout the Day. You can start...now.
For voting you? No, Brinn, if you do happen to turn out innocent, I will not apologise for voting the person who looked by far the most suspicious at the time. You came within a hair's-breadth of saving Legate, remember?

EDIT:X'd with Brinn again.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:31 PM   #1050
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

One of the reasons I didn't drop my suspicion of you is because I had no suspicion of anyone else...which I really couldn't help because I simply didn't have time to look for anything suspicious in recent Days...just from what I remember in the early game.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:32 PM   #1051
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via MSN to wilwarin538
Silmaril

Aganzir -> Brinniel
Lommy -> Nerwen
Shasta -> Brinniel (2)
Nerwen -> Brinniel (3)
Brinniel -> Brinniel (4)
Lottie -> Brinniel (5)

Brinniel is dead. She was Ordinary. Narration might take a while, cause tomorrow I have to study for my last exam, but it'll show up eventually.
Old 04-22-2010, 07:33 PM   #1052
Brinniel
Reflection of Darkness

Quote:
You came within a hair's-breadth of saving Legate, remember?
Don't forget, I was never trying to save him...only lynch you.

EDIT: X-ed with mod
Old 04-23-2010, 07:11 PM   #1053
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.wilwarin538 is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Silmaril

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin walked in the direction that she saw Tweedledee go, hoping to catch up to him. After a few moments she could see him standing by a tree holding an umbrella.

“Do you think it’s going to rain?” Alirin asked, looking up at the sky, which was bright and clear with not a cloud in sight.

“No, I don't think it is,” he said: “at least -- not under here.”

“But it may rain outside?”

"It may, if it chooses” Tweedledee answered, “I’m no objection. Contrariwise.”

He stood there for a moment looking very sad, constantly looking back up at the sky; perhaps hoping that Tweedledum would come falling back down.

“Would you like to hear a poem?” he asked her.

“Alright. But is it very long?” she asked, not really wanting to stay around for longer than necessary.

“Yes, the longest!” he said, and so he began.

The sun was shining on the sea,
Shining with all his might:
He did his very best to make
The billows smooth and bright --
And this was odd, because it was
The middle of the night.

The moon was shining sulkily,
Because she thought the sun
Had got no business to be there
After the day was done --
"It's very rude of him," she said,
"To come and spoil the fun!"

The sea was wet as wet could be,
The sands were dry as dry.
You could not see a cloud, because
No cloud was in the sky:
No birds were flying over head --
There were no birds to fly.

The Walrus and the Carpenter
Were walking close at hand;
They wept like anything to see
Such quantities of sand:
"If this were only cleared away,"
They said, "it would be grand!"

"If seven maids with seven mops
Swept it for half a year,
Do you suppose," the Walrus said,
"That they could get it clear?"
"I doubt it," said the Carpenter,
And shed a bitter tear.

Tweedledee took a deep sigh as he stopped reciting and shed a tear as he looked back up at the sky hopefully. Alirin was about to ask him to continue, hoping that finishing the poem would help him keep his mind off Tweedledum’s absence, when a familiar black bird appeared again in the sky. Begore either of them could react the crow had swooped down and snatched up Tweedledee and flown away.

Alirin stared up at the sky sadly, feeling terrible about losing the strange little men, and continued walking, hoping that the two were together now and that she could soon find a way to return home.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4
Nienna - White Queen - Hunter - killed Night 5
Inzil - King of Hearts - Ordinary - hunter killed Night 5
Morsul - Mock Turtle - Ordinary - lynched Day 5
Mira - March Hare - Ordinary - lynched Day 6
Skip - Humpty Dumpty - Ranger - killed Night 7
Legate - Jabberwocky - Cursed-Wolf - lynched Day 7
Wintywinty - Tweedledum - Ordinary - killed Night 8
Brinniel - Tweedledee - Ordinary - lynched Day 8

Alive
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Lottie – Duchess
Nerwen – the Dodo
Lommy – the Gryphon

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-24-2010 at 11:37 AM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:12 PM   #1054
wilwarin538
Fluttering Enchantment

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Alirin found the path again and soon found herself in the garden, and she knew that she was getting closer to that little blue door again. She soon came upon a woman who was nicely dressed and who introduced herself as a Duchess. The two walked together for a while, but Alirin didn’t think to say anything since she was so distracted about the idea of getting home.

“You're thinking about something, my dear, and that makes you forget to talk. I can't tell you just now what the moral of that is, but I shall remember it in a bit.” the Duchess said.

“Perhaps it hasn't one” Alirin ventured to remark.

“Tut, tut, child!” said the Duchess. “Everything's got a moral, if only you can find it.”

“This garden is rather lovely!” Alirin said, trying to stir up some sort of conversation.

''Tis so,” said the Duchess: “and the moral of that is—"Oh, 'tis love, 'tis love, that makes the world go round!"'

“Somebody said,” Alirin whispered, “that it's done by everybody minding their own business!”

“Ah, well! It means much the same thing,” said the Duchess, digging her sharp little chin into Alirin's shoulder as she added, “and the moral of that is—"Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves."'

There was a few moments of silence before the Duchess decided to speak again. “there's a large mustard-mine near here. And the moral of that is—"The more there is of mine, the less there is of yours."'

“A mustard mine? But I don’t think mustard is something that can be mined.” Alirin said, quite confused.

“I quite agree with you,” said the Duchess; “and the moral of that is—"Be what you would seem to be"—or if you'd like it put more simply—"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."'

Alirin just stood there extremely confused by this, and didn’t even react at first when the Duchess kept walking and walked right over a cliff. After a moment Alirin walked up to the edge and looked down, but couldn’t even see the bottom.

“Oh my...” she said, as she turned the other way and returned to the garden path, being sure to watch were she walked.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Dead
Fea - Red Queen - Cobbler - lynched Day 1
Boro - the Caterpillar - Shirriff - killed Night 2
Sally - the Dormouse - Wolf - lynched Day 2
Izzy - White Rabbit - Ordinary - killed Night 3
Glirdan - Mad Hatter - Wolf - lynched Day 3
Greenie - White Night - Seer - killed Night 4
Nogrod – Cheshire Cat – Wolf – lynched Day 4
Nienna - White Queen - Hunter - killed Night 5
Inzil - King of Hearts - Ordinary - hunter killed Night 5
Morsul - Mock Turtle - Ordinary - lynched Day 5
Mira - March Hare - Ordinary - lynched Day 6
Skip - Humpty Dumpty - Ranger - killed Night 7
Legate - Jabberwocky - Cursed-Wolf - lynched Day 7
Wintywinty - Tweedledum - Ordinary - killed Night 8
Brinniel - Tweedledee - Ordinary - lynched Day 8
Lottie - Duchess - Shirriff - killed Night 9

Alive
Agan – Queen of Hearts
Shasta – Knave of Hearts
Nerwen – the Dodo
Lommy – the Gryphon

Last edited by wilwarin538; 04-24-2010 at 12:14 PM.
wilwarin538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:12 PM   #1055
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, Brinn, I'm sorry for the unkind things I said, and I'm sorry we lynched you since you were innocent after all– but I'm not going to apologise for voting you, when your actions had looked so bad and your explanation was so inadequate.

Well, I've talked about that already. I'm just a bit fed up, though. This has all happened before, though– another innocent gets some kind of inspiration that I "must" be a wolf, refuses to listen to counter-arguments, and tries to lynch me Day after Day– often egged on by the actual wolves– and in the end usually one of us lynches the other and the village loses. I'm still really surprised that it was Brinn who did it this time.

Anyway, it's Shasta or Agan after all, then– I guess the latter.

EDIT:spelling

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-23-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:49 PM   #1056
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Well, Aganwolf would of course have had reason to look happy yesterDay, with her comrade's gamble in voting her clearly paying off.

I've already made a case against her, but I'd also like to add that I think it was Agan who began the "bad voting is good voting and good voting is bad voting" mantra which has had such an influence on this game. She certainly promoted it, anyway. (Note that, with the exception of myself, all the "too good to be true" voters are proven innocent now.)

One thing that gives me pause a bit is that Agan being a wolf means she was, indeed, using the old "witchhunt" tactic without any modification at all, which as I say seems pretty foolhardy these days. But maybe she thought the time was right to start using it again. If she's indeed the wolf, it seems her main strategy in the game was to be "just too obvious to be a real wolf"– might explain why she had a fit when I started talking about wolf-tactics going in cycles.

The other is that I was thinking last Night that it would actually be better strategy for an Aganwolf to kill Shasta rather than Lottie. But then wolves, obviously, don't always do what I'd do in their place.

EDIT: Unnecessary capitalisation of "day". Heh, heh.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-23-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 AM   #1057
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Agan employs the witchunt tactic even as an innocent.

And yes, I'm quite positive she's our last wolf. Sorry darling, you played very well, but Nerwen nailed you.

Nerwen? Why? Because after what she posted late yesterDay I find it very difficult to believe she's a wolf - if she is, I will definitely send a very complaintful PM to her concerning how she treated Brinn. I would understand a frustrated innocent telling another player it's her fault if the village loses, but a wolf doing that to an innocent is a bit too gross, not a very honourable tactic and I'd like to think Nerwen is above that.

What else? Oh, I also had a dream last night where there was huge BD meeting somewhere and somebody (I think Greenie) suggested we finish this game as a RL game by having a few hour picnic. Everybody thought it was a good idea except Agan who said it wouldn't be fair to the wolf because her expressions can reveal her and she sort of slipped she was talking about herself. It might not be a seer dream but hopefully just as correct. (By the way in the dream Wilwa also gave me a microphone and told me to tell the world why I, as the unicorn, am so awesome. I think I said something like "I'm very pretty and I have a nice voice. And I have a horn..." )

And lastly, Agan being the wolf instead of Nerwen or Brinn would make sense as for then there'd have been a little wolf-on-wolf massacre.

Nerwen, why would Shasta's death have been more profitable for Aganwolf? As long as Shasta is alive, we have the option of paranoidly suspecting him, not her. If she hadn't killed Lottie, your vote for her would've been 100% guaranteed, which would not have been a smart move from her unless she was very confident she can get me and Shasta to her side.

Speaking of Shasta, I very much doubt he is a wolf. His interactions with Legate, and to lesser extent, with Sally and Nog, seem quite clear evidence for his innocence. Also, his posts have seemed more genuine than any of your others (including dead Lottie ) in the past few Days. I think he's either an innocent, or an über mastermind wolf who deserves to win.

However, this is the last Day, so even though I'm tempted, I won't make any hasty decisions. If I have time, I will look at all the living people toDay - all meaning all (except myself of course).

PS. I notice I have started posing rhetorical questions to myself in this game... wonderful.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:04 AM   #1058
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Aaaa I'm sorry Brinn! I'd also like to apologise to Nerwen & Legate for underestimating you.
And I swear this was the last time I dropped my suspicions when the wolf began to act more innocent.

And Shasta if it's you I will, as I already said, lynch you on day 1 from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen View Post
it was Agan who began the "bad voting is good voting and good voting is bad voting" mantra which has had such an influence on this game.
All I can remember is saying that when we're talking about you, it doesn't matter how many wolves you have lynched, you can still be one yourself; and that if I was a wolf, my voting record would be much better. But I would hardly apply it as a general principle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
why she had a fit when I started talking about wolf-tactics going in cycles.
The reason I questioned you about it was that I've never observed the phenomenon, especially when it comes to what newbie wolves are taught. Plus, something about the way you talked about how we had to decide if winty's behaviour was wolfish or not and then answered me reminded me vividly of a certain "their argument looked like there might be a wolf involved" comment, if you remember.

Quote:
The other is that I was thinking last Night that it would actually be better strategy for an Aganwolf to kill Shasta rather than Lottie.
Why? Isn't it usually better for a wolf to kill the known innocents first, regardless of who is a wolf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinlómien View Post
And yes, I'm quite positive she's our last wolf. Sorry darling, you played very well, but Nerwen nailed you.
Excuse me? Haha no she didn't. But it'd be pretty ironic if you lynched me now because I just texted Nog a while ago that today he's going to lose (I also had something not game-related to say to him though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
if she is, I will definitely send a very complaintful PM to her concerning how she treated Brinn.
Then you had better start writing because unless the wolf is Shasta or wilwa failed to inform me of my role (which I find unlikely, given that I did get a PM from her), that's what Nerwen did. I don't think it was very nice either, though... But then, I've observed that wolves tend to afford to be less friendly than innocents because they're being dishonest anyway (take for example Nog calling Shasta "either false or a fool").

Quote:
she sort of slipped she was talking about herself.
Yeah and I had a dream Inzil was a wolf.
But it's sort of cool anyway - during this game two people (okay one was me but still) have dreamed I was a wolf when I'm actually not.

Quote:
And lastly, Agan being the wolf instead of Nerwen or Brinn would make sense as for then there'd have been a little wolf-on-wolf massacre.
What on earth do you mean? That if I'm a wolf, there's no wolf-on-wolf action?

Alright yesterday.

Quote:
I'm not convinced she's our last wolf, not at all, but if she turns out to be it, I feel better if I haven't given up my suspicion of her at the last minute.
Haha but you have! Let's see who feels better after today.

Quote:
Why have Agan and Nerwen dropped all mutual suspicion and allied against Brinn?
I hadn't. Brinn just looked worse to me yesterday because my logic told me both wolves would've tried to stay alive, not sacrifice one so late.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:13 AM   #1059
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Agan employs the witchunt tactic even as an innocent.
Yes, but wolves haven't been doing it for quite a while– but then she hasn't been one, or even played, for quite a while either.

Quote:
Nerwen? Why? Because after what she posted late yesterDay I find it very difficult to believe she's a wolf - if she is, I will definitely send a very complaintful PM to her concerning how she treated Brinn. I would understand a frustrated innocent telling another player it's her fault if the village loses, but a wolf doing that to an innocent is a bit too gross, not a very honourable tactic and I'd like to think Nerwen is above that.
I'd like to think I am too... and I regret having said that anyway. It was a heat of the moment thing, after Brinn's recent posting had started to make me wonder if I'd been wrong about her. (Though I also thought it might have been an act for Lottie's benefit.) I thought, "If she's innocent after all I'll kill her... again!":mad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Unicorn
What else? Oh, I also had a dream last night where there was huge BD meeting somewhere and somebody (I think Greenie) suggested we finish this game as a RL game by having a few hour picnic. Everybody thought it was a good idea except Agan who said it wouldn't be fair to the wolf because her expressions can reveal her and she sort of slipped she was talking about herself. It might not be a seer dream but hopefully just as correct. :p (By the way in the dream Wilwa also gave me a microphone and told me to tell the world why I, as the unicorn, am so awesome. I think I said something like "I'm very pretty and I have a nice voice. And I have a horn..." :D)
That's so cute.

Quote:
Nerwen, why would Shasta's death have been more profitable for Aganwolf? As long as Shasta is alive, we have the option of paranoidly suspecting him, not her. If she hadn't killed Lottie, your vote for her would've been 100% guaranteed, which would not have been a smart move from her unless she was very confident she can get me and Shasta to her side.
Look, it was just something I was thinking of last Night... that an Aganwolf would probably have to count on my voting her toDay anyway, so concentrating on getting me lynched might be better for her than trying to keep Shasta as a backup candidate– I mean, it would take quite a lot of work at this point to make him a viable lynch, and she'd surely turn him against her in the process. Besides, Lottie has been very much on Agan's side the last few Days, whereas she suspected me more-or-less. That's all.

Quote:
Speaking of Shasta, I very much doubt he is a wolf. His interactions with Legate, and to lesser extent, with Sally and Nog, seem quite clear evidence for his innocence. Also, his posts have seemed more genuine than any of your others (including dead Lottie :p) in the past few Days. I think he's either an innocent, or an über mastermind wolf who deserves to win.
Agreed on that one.

EDIT:X'd with Agan.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #1060
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agan
Quote:
why she had a fit when I started talking about wolf-tactics going in cycles.
The reason I questioned you about it was that I've never observed the phenomenon, especially when it comes to what newbie wolves are taught. Plus, something about the way you talked about how we had to decide if winty's behaviour was wolfish or not and then answered me reminded me vividly of a certain "their argument looked like there might be a wolf involved" comment, if you remember.
ZMOG!11! u m3an taht gam3 wEar shaSta r3vealed as teh raNjer & borow00lf got u all 2 linch him??? ROFL!!!!!11111

...Um... seriously, why?

Quote:
But it'd be pretty ironic if you lynched me now because I just texted Nog a while ago that today he's going to lose (I also had something not game-related to say to him though).
You do know that's not evidence, right?

Quote:
Quote:
if she is, I will definitely send a very complaintful PM to her concerning how she treated Brinn
Then you had better start writing because unless the wolf is Shasta or wilwa failed to inform me of my role (which I find unlikely, given that I did get a PM from her), that's what Nerwen did. I don't think it was very nice either, though... But then, I've observed that wolves tend to afford to be less friendly than innocents because they're being dishonest anyway (take for example Nog calling Shasta "either false or a fool").
No, I don't think that's the same at all.

And I don't claim to be above gloating in victory, either, but what I said to Brinn would have been awfully mean from a wolf to the innocent she was in the process of lynching– sort of twisting the knife in the wound.

Btw, no-one doubts you got a PM from Wilwa, Agan. It's just a question of what was in it.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #1061
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
ZMOG!11! u m3an taht gam3 wEar shaSta r3vealed as teh raNjer & borow00lf got u all 2 linch him??? ROFL!!!!!11111

...Um... seriously, why?
Yeah exactly that one.
And I don't really know why, the tone of it was just similar... If I had any other thoughts about it, I've forgotten them by now. As you should know, I rely more on my feelings than logic when finding wolves, and when somebody has said something evil-sounding many enough times, I try to see if logic backs up my initial suspicion.

Quote:
I do and I wouldn't have posted it if there wasn't a chance I had texted him "Eeek they're sure to lynch me we won't win after all!" because personally I dislike it when someone tries to prove their innocence with RL stuff.

Quote:
No, I don't think that's the same at all.
I think it's close enough.

Quote:
And I don't claim to be above gloating in victory, either, but what I said to Brinn would have been awfully mean from a wolf to the innocent she was in the process of lynching– sort of twisting the knife in the wound.
I know. But if you aren't the wolf, it's Shasta who has looked very innocent pretty much throughout the entire game. Or then Lommy is lying and the real unicorn keeps quiet. These are the options that I have - a known innocent, a very very innocent-looking person, and one who I've been suspecting to a heavy extent before but who does something that would be very mean for a wolf to do. Out of all these, you're my best bet.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:10 AM   #1062
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Yeah exactly that one.
And I don't really know why, the tone of it was just similar... If I had any other thoughts about it, I've forgotten them by now. As you should know, I rely more on my feelings than logic when finding wolves, and when somebody has said something evil-sounding many enough times, I try to see if logic backs up my initial suspicion.
Oh, no, you'll have to do better than that, Agan. Why, if I'd made a comparison like that and failed to back it up, you'd be at my throat!

Though, perhaps I can help you out. Both incidents you're referring to involved me saying something another player (or players) did might (or might not, in the case of winty) be suspicious. Now I can see where the similarity comes in– those are the only two times anyone has said that about anyone else in the entire history of Werewolf!

–Wait, what?

Quote:
I do and I wouldn't have posted it if there wasn't a chance I had texted him "Eeek they're sure to lynch me we won't win after all!" because personally I dislike it when someone tries to prove their innocence with RL stuff.
Oh, so do I... but aren't you trying to do it indirectly, there? If not, what really is the point of saying it at all?
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 AM   #1063
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
Oh, no, you'll have to do better than that, Agan. Why, if I'd made a comparison like that and failed to back it up, you'd be at my throat!
It wasn't actually a point against you, I said it to illustrate why I made a fuss of your "wolf tactics run in cycles" comment and the comments before it. Because it gave me a slightly bad feeling about you that became gradually stronger.

Quote:
Now I can see where the similarity comes in– those are the only two times anyone has said that about anyone else in the entire history of Werewolf!
In other words: it reminded me of Nerwolf. Not just the comment itself but combined with the way you said it, it felt bad.

Quote:
Oh, so do I... but aren't you trying to do it indirectly, there? If not, what really is the point of saying it at all?
You can interpret it like that if you want to but, objectively, I think it's a comment that could go either way so you can't deduce my role from it. And I said it because it was an amusing thing to say, just like Lommy told she had a dream about the game.

So who's trying to witchhunt now, Nerwen?

Oh and it takes one innocent to vote wrong and we've lost the game (because whether the wolf is Shasta or Nerwen, they both can probably be around at deadline, at least given their timezones)...
At the moment I don't particularly care if you lynch me because you can't blame me for our loss anyway (except Brinn). In hindsight I'm only sorry about voting for her yesterday (sorry I forgot to say it in my last post ) - if I had voted for Nerwen instead, we could've lynched her and the game would most likely be over now.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:06 AM   #1064
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Quote:
It wasn't actually a point against you, I said it to illustrate why I made a fuss of your "wolf tactics run in cycles" comment and the comments before it. Because it gave me a slightly bad feeling about you that became gradually stronger.
About as vague as it gets, Agan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Now I can see where the similarity comes in– those are the only two times anyone has said that about anyone else in the entire history of Werewolf!
In other words: it reminded me of Nerwolf. Not just the comment itself but combined with the way you said it, it felt bad.
Also as vague as it gets. In other words: it reminded you of every werewolf player ever.

(FYI. This is the post she's talking about. The one she insisted was a call to lynch wintywinty.)

Quote:
Quote:
You can interpret it like that if you want to but, objectively, I think it's a comment that could go either way so you can't deduce my role from it. And I said it because it was an amusing thing to say, just like Lommy told she had a dream about the game.

So who's trying to witchhunt now, Nerwen?
Not I. I just asked you why you said it. It was really quite an odd thing to say. What I call "witch-hunting" is when you latch on to a completely ordinary, casual remark that anyone might make, insist that it's a sign of wolvery and force the other party to explain it over and over again, then say "The explanation only makes you look worse", or "Aha! You're defensive!" or "Well, it doesn't matter, you just feel bad". And with any luck, by that time half the village will be after the victim. Sound familiar?

Quote:
Oh and it takes one innocent to vote wrong and we've lost the game (because whether the wolf is Shasta or Nerwen, they both can probably be around at deadline, at least given their timezones)...
At the moment I don't particularly care if you lynch me because you can't blame me for our loss anyway (except Brinn).
My dear Agan, if you do turn out innocent I will most certainly blame you for our loss– see my comments to Brinn yesterDay and then multiply them by ten. If you're both innocent, that would mean neither of you even has the excuse of having been manipulated by a wolf!

And of course, it would also mean I certainly couldn't be blamed for our loss– but the funny thing is, I most certainly care if I get lynched. That whole wanting-the-village win thing, you know.

EDIT:word alteration, spelling.

Last edited by Nerwen; 04-24-2010 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #1065
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

So, could Shasta be the wolf?

Well, he could, yes. He could have come back near DL, worried that Lottie would convince me to vote Legate rather than Agan and that winty might follow suit, and decided to jump on the possible bandwagon because of how good it would make him look, rather than either doing nothing or trying to help Legate by switching to me. Far-fetched, perhaps, but possible. And there have been some points against him, like his role in getting Morsul lynched.

All the same, I can't really see Shasta being the one that gets lynched toDay.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #1066
Nerwen
Wisest of the Noldor

Anyway– I might not be able to make the DL this time, so–

++Aganzir

Because there's more against her, by a long shot.

(And Shasta, if it's you after all, you're just brilliant and I will give you a wonderful rep when it's all over.)

Good night and good luck.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 AM   #1067
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Here and reading, will post momentarily.

As promised, sorry Brinn.
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Shastanis Althreduin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:45 AM   #1068
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Shastanis Althreduin is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Quote:
The other is that I was thinking last Night that it would actually be better strategy for an Aganwolf to kill Shasta rather than Lottie.
I disagree. That would have made it Lottie, Lommy, Nerwen, and Aganzir at deadline... two of which were/are cleared innocents. I'm not sure that's something the wolf would have wanted to risk at endgame.

Quote:
What else? Oh, I also had a dream last night where there was huge BD meeting somewhere and somebody (I think Greenie) suggested we finish this game as a RL game by having a few hour picnic. Everybody thought it was a good idea except Agan who said it wouldn't be fair to the wolf because her expressions can reveal her and she sort of slipped she was talking about herself.
Oh, then clearly it's Agan.

Quote:
and that if I was a wolf, my voting record would be much better.
Haven't I already said I disagree with this? If I haven't, then I should have - you can't ask us to take on faith what you "would do if" you were a wolf.

Quote:
Translation:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen translated
Oh my dear goodness! Do you mean that game where Shasta revealed as the almighty Ranger, and the silly village actually listened to Borowolf and lynched him?! That's so incredibly amusing!
Quote:
I don't think it was supposed to be evidence, Nerwen. Just something amusing to point out.

Quote:
Though, perhaps I can help you out. Both incidents you're referring to involved me saying something another player (or players) did might (or might not, in the case of winty) be suspicious. Now I can see where the similarity comes in– those are the only two times anyone has said that about anyone else in the entire history of Werewolf!

–Wait, what?
This made me giggle.

Quote:
My dear Agan, if you do turn out innocent I will most certainly blame you for our loss– see my comments to Brinn yesterDay and then multiply them by ten. If you're both innocent, that would mean neither of you even has the excuse of having been manipulated by a wolf!
This bothered me yesterday and it's bothering me again today. Do we have to throw blame around like it's candy?
Shasta– ... However, if he's innocent his famous clairvoyant powers must be taking the week off. Meanwhile, the Night-kills have been awfully effective– almost like we're dealing with a psychic wolf... - Nerwen, WW LXXV
Old 04-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #1069
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Quote:
About as vague as it gets, Agan.
And if I explained my thought process in great detail (not that I'd be able to), then what? "You're overly defensive and making much ado about a small comment!"

Quote:
Also as vague as it gets. In other words: it reminded you of every werewolf player ever.
Not really, Nerwolf is clearly not the same as every werewolf player ever. If Lommy says something is terrible in her first post, it's okay. If you say it, I keep an eye on you. There are differences between players, and some things that I connect to your wolf self.

Quote:
And with any luck, by that time half the village will be after the victim. Sound familiar?
Ahh you're talking about my or Nog's playing style?
Seriously, I can believe wolves have done that too, but I think it has more to do with individual players than their roles.

Quote:
Which is worse, being wrong because of skilful wolf manipulation or being wrong of one's own accord? I don't think there's really a difference. And you can blame me all you want, I hold to my opinion that you look the most suspicious of us.
Anyway using the same logic I could say I'll blame you if you're innocent; why did you have to look so wolfish that Shasta got a free pass through the last days? However if you're innocent and we lose this game, I'd rather not blame anyone... It'd just be damn good playing on Shasta's part rather than bad playing from any of us. At least that's what I'd prefer to think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shastanis Althreduin View Post
Haven't I already said I disagree with this? If I haven't, then I should have - you can't ask us to take on faith what you "would do if" you were a wolf.
Yes you have and I know that anyway. This time I said it just to contrast Nerwen's point about me repeating bad voting is good voting and the other way round.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:01 PM   #1070
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

I'm going to busy myself with this soon so just in case...

++Nerwen
Old 04-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #1071
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Back here, friendses. Will do some rereading...

Out of curiousity: Shasta, which one do you suspect?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #1072
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Back here, friendses. Will do some rereading...

Out of curiousity: Shasta, which one do you suspect?
They both have points for and against them... for me, it's really a question of "who appears more innocent?". And after yesterday, I think Nerwen appears more innocent than Agan... but I'd hate to vote the "less innocent" rather than the "more wolvish". Ugh.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:11 PM   #1073
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Lommy, please say you're here... I know it's late for you but I would really prefer not deciding the outcome of the game by myself!
Old 04-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #1074
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

I am, I'm just stuck on Skype with some 'downers... will you be around for long?
Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 PM   #1075
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
I am, I'm just stuck on Skype with some 'downers... will you be around for long?
DL is in three hours, I should be around for at least two of them, but I have a throbbing headache.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:33 PM   #1076
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Poor Shasta. I don't have any other hindrances except that it's 1.30 am here and I should go to sleep...

But unless something drastic happens, I'll be voting Agan. Nerwen has seemed innocent toDay, Agan hasn't. What Nerwen said yesterDay is too rude to be wolf-on-innocent and Agan has somehow wolvishly careless, in the sense that she doesn't seem to be torn about who the last wolf is (at all) and seems to take it all in a sort of "we'll see what happens, hahahaa" attitude.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:56 PM   #1077
Shastanis Althreduin
Werewolf Psychic

Quote:
Poor Shasta. I don't have any other hindrances except that it's 1.30 am here and I should go to sleep...

But unless something drastic happens, I'll be voting Agan. Nerwen has seemed innocent toDay, Agan hasn't. What Nerwen said yesterDay is too rude to be wolf-on-innocent and Agan has somehow wolvishly careless, in the sense that she doesn't seem to be torn about who the last wolf is (at all) and seems to take it all in a sort of "we'll see what happens, hahahaa" attitude.
Doesn't Agan usually have that attitude, though, whatever her role?

Ugh... I actually think I'll probably be voting Agan myself... again, it's not that Agan looks more wolvish, it's that Nerwen looks more innocent.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #1078
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Well I think she'd be sort of taking this more seriously if she was innocent... but whatever...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:20 PM   #1079
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

++Aganzir

I do believe she is our last wolf. If not, well, then that's just typical Nerwen...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:23 PM   #1080
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Now it's up to you Shasta since the last one to reach the most votes dies... Choose well.