The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Announcements and Obituaries > The Barrow-Downs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-25-2006, 08:43 PM   #1
AragornII
Wight

AragornII has just left Hobbiton.
White Tree Another probably stupid question...

I can't figure out how to quote other posts. How do I get it to say "Oringinally posted by X:"?
The crownless again shall be king.
AragornII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:57 PM   #2
Valier
Twisted Taleswapper

Valier is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
I can answer that for you! You highlight the part you want then right click and copy it. Then you highlight it again once you have placed it where you want then wrap it in quote tags (the 1 on the top righthand side) Then you put a = sign and the persons name (in the quote box part) I hope that makes sense.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Estelyn Telcontar
Princess of Skwerlz

Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Estelyn Telcontar has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
There's an easier and faster way to quote someone's post - see the little yellow "quote" box in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote? Click on that, and it automatically opens a new post window with that post included as a quote. If you don't want to quote the whole thing, delete the rest of it, and post your comments and additions below. Voila!
'Mercy!' cried Gandalf. 'If the giving of information is to be the cure of your inquisitiveness, I shall spend all the rest of my days in answering you. What more do you want to know?' 'The whole history of Middle-earth...'
Estelyn Telcontar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #4
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
When viewing who's online, wgy does it sometimes say "Replying to Thread" and show the thread's name with orange (a link) and sometimes only "Replying to Thread"?

This has been troubling me for a while now...
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
1420!

There are a couple of restricted subforums: one open only to mods/admins; one to mods/admins and a few other posters.

EDIT: make that 'restricted'

Last edited by piosenniel; 06-12-2006 at 01:05 PM.
piosenniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #6
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by piosenniel
There are a couple of hidden subforums: one open only to mods/admins; one to mods/admins and a few other posters.
Oh, thanks. That cleared it.

Hidden sunforums sounds... sneaky.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 06:03 AM   #7
Hilde Bracegirdle
Relic of Wandering Days

Hilde Bracegirdle has just left Hobbiton.
Ok, there has been a mysterious disappearance of the 'spiders' that normally can be found crawling around the site when checking who's online. And it has caused a thread regarding it to pop up in the Novice and Newcomers section. I was wondering if anyone here knows if a switch has been flipped or box checked somewhere to hide the critters.

It had been a rather nice way of coming across older threads.
Hilde Bracegirdle is offline   Reply With Quote