The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum

Visit The *EVEN NEWER* Barrow-Downs Photo Page

Go Back   The Barrow-Downs Discussion Forum > Middle-Earth Fun and Games > Middle-earth Mirth
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2020, 02:18 PM   #11
Macalaure
Fading Fëanorion

Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Macalaure is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Let's see what Boro's been up to.

On Day 1, he starts goofing around and then jumps straight into lists, none of which seem particularly useful, I hate to say. I noticed that he was very quick to explain himself to Huin at the mildest criticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
What you must ask though is not "would a wolf stick their head out that early?" but would a Legate-wolf do it? With a pack of 5 there's higher incentive to start out bolder.
Quote:
In the larger group of "under the radars" there are most assuredly wolves. Larger group, easier to stay on the outskirts. A Day 1 vote for a player in this group is low risk, but low reward. Because a lot of the "under the radar" Day 1 behavior is also a sign of ordo villagers who don't have much to say, due to a lack of Day 1 information. And they are forced to wait for information to go on.

Then there's a smaller group of "loud/active" players, and the "under the radars" need this group to stir conversation/discussion. A day 1 "shot in the dark" vote for someone in the smaller group is higher risk, but also higher reward. It's a smaller group so better percentage the shot hits a wolf. Higher risk though because that shot could also inadvertently hit a gifted.
He makes a shockingly negligible amount of sense here.

In #169 he tallies up fake votes (cue rolleyes), responds to Lommy calling him weird, and chimes in on the LPG thing, which was the talk of the Day anyway. He ends up voting for Pitchwife after contributing next to no substance for a whole Day. However, when prodded by Kath he is able to provide some insight into his thinking.

Agrees with Inzil on Eonwe's throwaway vote. In his vote analysis he pretty much ignores all votes not for Gala. I feel like we don't know enough roles yet to tell whether this was conveniently done or because he can only follow so many strings at a time. We all do that, so I don't want to outright suspect him for admitting to it. Huin, however, did vote for Gala, and this bit here is interesting:

Quote:
(Rikae also in their final post to us pointed out the growing "let's not start a wagon against Brinn sentiments - pointing to Huey, Inzil and Lottie). If Brinn's innocent, Inzil and Lottie's vote still look suspicious
Pointing to Huin, but no, not really.

He declares Brinn his main suspect, because she fell into Rikae's trap and he explains it at length in #363. He responds to Huin's criticism with a one-liner, though a sensible one to be fair. In #436 he defends himself quite defensively at people criticizing his focus on one group. I still get what he's saying, but still, depending on roles, this might have been very convenient. I think this is a very interesting thing to keep in mind as more roles are revealed.

When Huin came up as a possible lynch, before him getting a vote, he says it might be too late to start considering him. Instead he analyzes Lhuna, finds her suspicious, but shows no intention of actually voting for her. He lets time pass as the deadline nears.

Quote:
Of those who currently have votes. I do not want to vote Lommy, Inzil or Huey.
Quote:
I've said nothing about Mac, because everyone else has said quite a lot. He looks the suspicious and paranoid part and then he doesn't. His vote for Lommy doesn't feel right, but could be from I just don't find Lommy suspicious.
This has a feel of willingness to lynch while keeping his hands clean. One the one hand, on the other. I didn't say anything, but others have. Yuck.

He's been pushing for Brinniel, if you can call that pushing. He seems rather relaxed to drop that in light of the QT vote, and now is happy to go with the flow. Afterwards says that Brinniel moving on to other things and me insisting on the frame-stuff affected his decision. Meh, fair enough, I suppose, except his suspicion on Brinn was solely based on Rikae's trap on Day1, as far as I can see, so I'm not sure this goes together 100%.

Votes fairly late. If he already made up his mind to vote for me and not Huin, why the wait?

ToDay, his analysis of Huin is sadly sparse in actual conclusions. He does find it unlikely that me and Huin are both wolves. So, go me? There's not much else to say for the whole day. He talks a lot, but instead of being rock-solid, his points all feel like silly putty.

Boro feels off. The thing that gives me pause is, when prodded, he actually gives very solid reasons. What he said in response to Kath regarding the LPG, the thought process with Rikae's trap, all that is solid.

There's some suspicious connection with Huin, but not a strong one. Might just be the normal amount that any innocent randomly accumulates over time. I don't want to be "paranoid"...

He's not putting me at ease at all, though. He's definitely in my list of suspects, just not at the top at this point. There are heads more ready for rolling. I feel with him, as we get hopefully more valuable info over the next Day or so, things will clear up with him. Then he can either have my axe, or my axe in the back.

I missed a whole bunch of posts thinking and writing this out. Catching up now.
Macalaure is offline   Reply With Quote